[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 113 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Could motorized bicycles replace cars in congested cities?
>>
not as long as the roads are still terrorized by 2ton murdercages piloted by drunk texting karens
>>
Why so you need a motor?

Leglet?
>>
>>1838073
why do you need gears?
why do you need shoes?
why do you need food?
leglet?
>>
These rickety ghetto rigged pieces of shit are worse than actual motorcycles. All the noise and fumes, but none of the safety design like wide grippy tires, effective brakes or a sturdier construction with more capable bearings to begin with. If you're gonna go modified bicycle at least go electric so you're not a strain to everyone else's ear drums and lungs.
>>
Honestly, I hate these types of bikes. The fucking noise they make is the worst kind of noise.
You are lucky if you can get more than 40 km/h on one of these.

I would go for an actual motorcycle or an electric adaptation, like those with the motor inside the hub.
>>
>>1838074
>why do you need gears?
Because no matter how strong I get, when I choose a gear that's ridable up hill I will spin out on the flats.
>why do you need shoes?
Because I have soft sovls.
>why do you need food?
To power my massive tree-trunk legs.

Your turn.
>>
>>1838074
>gears
>shoes
>food
>motor
Three of these things are for using your legs and one is for being a leglet.
>>
>>1838073
Yes, I'm a leglet. What are you gonna do about it, tough guy?
>>
>>1838100
>can't climb on a flatland gear
>weak feet
>can't ride without eating
yup, leglet
>>
>>1838068
No but ebikes can
>>
>>1838068
Stupid question incoming: Do really really small diesel engines exist? Would a 50cc diesel engine make sense? A bicycle with a tiny diesel engine would be amazing.
>>
>>1838298
Look on youtube for the video 'why diesel motorcycles dont exist'.

>>1838068
Those motorized bicycle kits are notoriously unreliable. Get an ebike.
>>
>>1838298
Let me be more specific before some pinhead 1upper shows up. Diesel motorcycles arent typically mass produced. Sure a few oddballs have custom made them and Royal Enfield made a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQtC3gkWhc

https://manofmany.com/rides/motorcycles/best-diesel-motorcycles

https://thedirtbikereview.com/best-diesel-motorcycle/
>>
>>1838298
I know of sub-liter diesel engines, but I have never seen them paired to any vehicle that isn't one of those meme ultraefficient prototypes that schools compete with.
>>
>>1838068
public transportation
>>
File: Solex.jpg (1.19 MB, 2560x1709)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>1838068
VeloSoleX or Solex exist since 1946 and was sold at millions copies slowly replaced by moped (piaggoi Ciao, peugeot 103, Honda Pa50, MBK AV88 then 51...etc) then scooter.
>>
>>1838068
easily, ... lots of frugal poorfags seems to be jumping on the hype.

seems most normies are still scared of riding in traffic, tho....

im surprised ebikes havent fucking boooomed in the past couple years.
>>
>>1838073
>Why so you need a motor?
i have bad knees, and i want to get to a location faster.
>>
>>1838073
because I want to go 35mph sustained for 30 minutes
>>
File: n8mpuiknh1c91.png (3.24 MB, 1638x2048)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>1838618
git gud
>>
>>1838625
pros go like 28 so no I will not be super human to satisfy your ego
>>
>>1838625
they didn't even lend the poor boy a pair of shoes
*inserts crying emoji*
>>
File: 1650477163451.webm (399 KB, 528x720)
399 KB
399 KB WEBM
>>1838068
No, because with no regulation or licensing psycho neurotics like

>>1838070
>terrorized by 2ton murdercages

will be free to own and operate one and eventually cause more chaos and misery than any average car driver. Not to mention bikes are more dangerous per passenger mile than cars and strapping motors to them will only make it worse.
>>
>>1838681
And removing the doping and the ability to draft in large packs of other riders would chop about 5mph off that.
>>
File: 1652670237969.jpg (111 KB, 748x760)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>1838424
nah
>>
motorized bike especially chinese 2 strokes like in OPs pic have no way of taking over. Ebikes on the other hand do
>>
>>1838068
they already are the motors are just electric
and in the sane world motorcycles are already the norm
>>
>>1838700
I refuse to believe this is real
>>
>>1838135
Continue to not support the motorized bicycle industry
>>
>>1838587
>minor front crash
>explodes
>>
>>1841061
Nobody expected anything else of you.
>>
>>1838068
yes but only with 4 stroke engines
>>
>>1840969
Denial will surely fix all our problems.
>>
File: EURO_Standards_Diesel.png (181 KB, 1920x1199)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>1838068 Could those pass even a EURO 1 emission standard?
>>
>>1838698
As if licensing prevents shitty drivers.
A child with an hour of driving experience can pass a driving test.
And they can do a lot more damage with a car than a bike.

>Not to mention bikes are more dangerous per passenger mile
Because they're getting hit by cars.
>>
>>1838700
They're not going to stop people using drugs, so they focus on keeping them alive.
>>
>>1838613
>im surprised ebikes havent fucking boooomed in the past couple years
They're growing in popularity, but people still see bikes as toys, so they see the $1000 pricetag and shy away.
>>
>>1842651
Yeah, petrol engines of that power don’t really get hot enough to produce much oxides of nitrogen. Wouldn’t pass any petrol emissions test aimed at cats though
>>
>>1842756
Why even bother
>>
>>1838077
>>1838090
This.
I've only ever seen hobos and DUI day labourers riding these things.
>>
File: jwj-Homeless-Project-03.jpg (235 KB, 1200x805)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>1838068
>replace cars

I think people forget the main advantage of a car in urban area is it being an insulation bubble between the occupants and poor people on the outside.

Especially in the modern city where mentally ill and/or drug addicts are just let out and ignored.
>>
>>1842826
small engines are the worst engines, while e-bikes are the goldilocks BEV.

E-bike is better than gas bike in every metric you can think of.

BEVs scale horribly with size, even getting to BEV motorcycle scale and you are already falling behind gas bikes.

But at an e-bike size, it's peak.
>>
>>1842843
I like to purposely lock my car doors when I'm near sketchy people on the street so they hear the lock click into place. That way they know what I think of them.
>>
>>1842850
based
>>
>>1842850
That way they know they live rent free in your head.
>>
>>1838068
I thought about building one of these, gas bicycles with a scooter engine that I have although finding a bike to fit this on is tough
>>
>>1842869
Lmao now we all know that you get the ole door click when you walk near nice cars. Seething dirtbag
>>
>>1842845
Are you thick? I was explaining how diesel emissions tests differ to petrol emissions tests.
>>
>>1842843
#1 reason why I will drive into SF instead of biking or taking the train
>>
>>1843009
>comparing rape to a victimless crime
>>
>>1843065
>drugs
>victimless
yeah, I guess society and my tax money aren't a victims
>>
>>1841066
In Hollywood maybe..
>>
>>1842843
also cars are much harder to steal and sell than bikes. i used to live in north philly for school and people would walk around with vice grips to remove wheels (nobody used quick releases) or with angle grinders to cut through locks. i imagine a motor would be removed immediately if the whole bike couldnt be stolen. ebikes are victims of this and if i had wanted one it would have had to be a brompton or montague that could be taken inside.
>>
>>1843781
euc is the answer
>>
>>1842651
"Euro" standards are for diesels so no. but while we're here, I find them very funny, it's all very well until the DPF clogs up, which takes about 20 minutes, and then it just blows out clouds of black smoke whenever you accelerate. And you have to be bothered to use adblue to get the NOx down, which absolutely fucking no one does even though it's such a simple thing to do and makes a huge difference, you can immediately notice when someone does use it because the exhaust fumes don't make you gag quite as much.

and those trucks that have a literal "euro 6" decal on the side but "the guy they take it to" has blanked off the EGR and ripped out the DPF. or the haulage company has swapped all the engines out with something else that doesn't meet the regulations anyway.
>>
>>1842872
I was thinking about this too as it requires no license/insurance. If it's got pedals it's a bike.
>>
>>1844077
*where I live.
https://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/chapter-18-other-vehicles/
>>
>>1841066
these things go like 20 km/h
youd have to be a massive retard to crash to begin with, and even if you do, nothing will happen
>>
>>1838135
Maybe I'll just hold you tight and kiss you and take you to the gym
>>
>everyone should ride mopeds like chinamen
get fucked
bomb the cities
send the refugees to israel after injecting them with aids.
>>
Regular ass bicycles could replace cars, but people are fucking lazy.
>>
File: waddlelards.jpg (17 KB, 474x233)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1838068
americans are too fat to seat a bicycle even if you slap a motor on it so they don't even need to pedal. imagine an obese quivering mound of adipose balancing on a bike. the fat would just mold around the frame like a wad of slime.
>>
Only if they make a 100+cc version so I can go on the highway
>>
>>1842843
when are we just going to forcibly exile these faggots into the woods
>>
>>1846162
FUCK
why cant things be GOOD?
imagine how many people would drop cars if the 50cc limit was raised to 100 or 125
>>
>>1846302
probably because motorcycles are already maligned by most people. I really don't think more people would buy motos if they let you ride whatever you want
>>
>>1838625
note the difference in physiognomy
>>
>>1846302
>imagine how many people would drop cars if the 50cc limit was raised to 100 or 125
Everyone in Spain can use a 125cc bike after 2 years of having a car license.
The 125s aren't replacing anything.
>>
Why was my reply deleted? Also the 4 stroke types would be the way to go over the 2 ones massively more reliable
>>
>/n/ fee fees about cars
>>
>>1846004
eshit isn't even made to support that much weight
>>
I want to get one of these with a pitbike e starter engine
>>
File: donttreadonhim.jpg (18 KB, 250x344)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1842621
It's a bit childish to assume that someone with different views than you on drug policy doesn't understand reality rather than simply having different preferences and values. Remember that rightoid's lives revolve around the fantasy that they'll be able to take the life of another person and get away with it. With this in mind, trying to push impoverished/drug addicted/mentally ill people into a corner until they do something that justifies shooting them with the latest USSOCOM Navy Seal Gorilla Warfare Mk23 Ultra 45mm is considered the most optimal, results-oriented public policy. It's actually a well reasoned approach to problem solving, it just requires entertaining solutions that seem unpalatable to conventional morality.
>>
>>1848739
all drugs and firearms should be legal for peaceful adults though
>>
>>1848739
That guy seems cool
>>
File: 1656787929862.png (177 KB, 780x438)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>1838698
Retards will always wreck no matter what they drive, it should be a smaller vehicle to be safer.
>>
>>1848739
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Meals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Krispy Kreme, and I have over 300 confirmed meals.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sipper in the entire US armed forks. You are nothing to me but just another breakfast. I will wipe your pantry the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of fries across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your fridge. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can starve you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed eating, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States kitchen Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable food off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over your toilet and you will unclog it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>1838698
bikes are more dangerous because they get hit by cars. Don't post this evel knievel shit and pretend like that's just what everyone is automatically going to do.
>>
File: bigO (4).jpg (21 KB, 474x355)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1838068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzNZUeUHAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HdqTZs3vjU
tl;dr
Cities are congested due to everyone forced to drive cars. USAians revolt!
>>
>>1848716
This one is well done, I like it
>>
>>1842621
Druggies overdosing does in fact, 100% solve the issue
>>
>>1838068
just buy a motorcycle t. built one of these
>>
>>1838068
Honestly, they would be way too fucking loud. Hondas with fart-pipes are bad enough. My 8 month old is sleeping.
>>
>>1849649
>be me
>3 straight pipped cars + 1 motorcycle
The gas bike I had wasn't very loud (also no muffler)
>>
>>1849650
I think your standard of loud is a bit warped
>>
Not entirely, but they could easily replace half of car trips.
>>
>>1849650
My dad is partially deaf from being a trucker for years (talks really loud, and getting louder and louder) because of the turbo whine of the truck. It's hypersonic, but it's always there. Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it's not damaging your hearing.

Like >>1849653 said, you just might be harder on hearing than my baby.
>>
>>1849680
turbos aren't loud enough to damage hearing. your dad lost his hearing with age. That or he had the window down too much which is deceivingly loud at speed.
>>
I hate the fact that shipping companies and the like are pushing these "cargo bikes" so much.
>how about we put our.employees in something that is
>cheaper for us to buy
>cheaper for us to run
>doesn't require a license to operate
>can just drive up the fucking sidewalk
>will kill the driver in any crash
>but we'll just make up something about it being better for the environment
>>
>>1849845
>>how about we put our.employees in something that is
>>cheaper for us to buy
>>cheaper for us to run
>>doesn't require a license to operate
>>can just drive up the fucking sidewalk
don't see how any of these are bad. It also is better for the environment.
>>
>>1838068
You have these and e bikes but faggots will still weep about needing cages
>>
what about this
little small, lightweight, low power, low top speed cars?
>>
>>1850198
There's no point because you can just get a used sedan for the same price
>>
Gem
>>
I use one for work fun ride but New Yorks traffic is a nightmare
>>
New build
>>
File: index.jpg (119 KB, 880x587)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1849845
>can just drive up the fucking sidewalk
???
>>
>>1842835
I ride one of these I go to a University in a small town (14,889 people) and it is for the most part perfect for getting around as it is far cheaper than using my truck. and before you assume I have never had a DUI I would ride a regular push bike but I trashed my leg in the army. also its fun to make Hippies seethe seeing a engine on a bike
>>
>>1846302
you can get these engine kits in 100cc and they look just like the smaller ones only way they can tell is if they rip the engine apart.
a BT100 kit can get up to 37 MP/H
>>
>>1838068
In the US it’s still really dangerous because of their lack of bicycle infrastructure riding with cars is too dangerous
>>
>>1838420
>Those motorized bicycle kits are notoriously unreliable. Get an ebike.

They can be but it takes a investment of time and about $20 worth of parts the Big issue with the kits is in the assembly when you buy one it is guaranteed that either the crankshaft was installed without any lubrication the wrist pin retaining clips were not properly installed or the spew from the making of the parts was not fully removed.

so if you take the time when you first buy one of these engines to replace the main seals, replace the wrist pin clips with ones for a chain saw and inspect every part for spew. a two cycle gas engine can be reliable. Secondly only a retard puts one of these engines on a bike that was not designed for it
>>
File: 2022-09-25_08-29-26-1.jpg (2.09 MB, 4032x3024)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>1842872
That engine is designed to fit a honda cub or trailcub. You can find a lot of info online of people swapping them into classic mopeds under 'lifan swap moped'.

>>1853780
>only a retard puts one of these engines on a bike that was not designed for it
I'm a moped enthusiast and have seen a couple people with these. Each time there's always something on them that scares the shit outta me.
>drivetrain chain badly misaligned and no guard
>walmart bike
>bike with rim brakes
the diy nature of the kits results in a some people making timebombs without realizing
>>
File: fuck niggers.png (1.62 MB, 1290x1074)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>1838698
>ass is still on the seat during the jump
this is what he did wrong.
>>
>>1838420
>Those motorized bicycle kits are notoriously unreliable. Get an ebike.
the reason for this is because chinese aren't capable of making an engine worth a fuck,
what you should do is instead go buy a brigs and straton or honda motor from yard sale.
>>
>>1838700
I would enjoy some hydros right now
>>
>>1850077
Sorry, bikes can't compete with cars.
Low range, low top speed, no AC, no heating.
it's not surprising that people prefer cars.
>>
>>1854858
>and no available parking spots
Vote for governments that want to introduce parking minimums.
Parking isn't a problem in cities with good infrastructure.
>>
>>1838068
Isn't that called a moped? Because I don't think that would work out as a lot more people use cars than mopeds
>>
I don't know, could they..
>>
You know, I used to be against g-bikes too until we got one for my great grandfather. He used to ride his bike everyday as a child. So for his birthday we got him a Harley Davidson g-bike and took him down to the local multi use path. Let me tell you, seeing his face light up as he ran over all of the walkers and joggers and other cyclists on the path brought a tear to my eye. I will no longer criticize people who choose to ride g-bikes, it is good for the sport because it makes it more accessible for people like my great grand pappy, or people who are physically capable but too lazy to turn the pedals themselves. It is important that as many people be on the trails as possible. This is good for cycling and if you disagree you are ableist. The implication that my beloved "four-wheel g-bike" (a GMC Hummer) shouldn't be ridden on the local bike path is insufferable gatekeeping. Just because it has four wheels instead of two doesn't make it any less of a bike. Like every other cyclist, there's a simple joy in getting around town just pushing the pedals (the gas and the brake) and feeling the breeze in my hair.
>>
File: a1.jpg (282 KB, 700x900)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>1838068
Short answer: yes
Long answer: yeeesssssssss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkO-DttA9ew
>>
>>1848739
Makes sense, thanks for the info.
>>
>>1846247
At this point all the posts on this board defending cages or suburbs come from the same faggots who live their entire lives seething at the thought of darkies/hobos.
>>
File: yimbyism.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1224)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>1856536
t. gaslighting YIMBY shill who wants to ethnically cleanse all cities oops sorry I mean "urban renewal" all the cities

James Baldwin, 1964: "Urban renewal means _____ _______" (fill in the blanks)
>>
>>1854331
what exactly is the thing in your picture?
>>
>>1856561
"Classic"/True Moped; its a 2000 Kinetic TFR
I've also got a 1980 Garelli GranSport that I'm preparing to do an engine overhaul on.
>>
File: 2022-10-04_09-49-15.jpg (2.61 MB, 4032x3024)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>1856567
4Kids ate my picture
>>
>>1856567
thanks
>>
File: 1660173874637042.png (506 KB, 649x763)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>1856543
>cocksucking attention whore
>having any interesting point
Pick and only one. And for fuck's sake don't even pretend like you ever read Baldwin.
>>
File: thistriggerstheurbanist.jpg (412 KB, 870x1272)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>1856578
I don't live in a red state so books are legal here
>>
>>1856479
Damn this mf really do be taking 1 month breaks ;-; & I always miss his new vids until late
>>
I believe they cAn in many ways. Not as much in the passenger senese, but solo definitely unless you have a cargo bike with a carriage or something. You just need the right setup and a reliable 4 stroke engine. This photo is from a facebook group it’s just like yours setup wise but with a better bike
>>
>>1856940
Sense*
>>1838253
>>1839679
I’m not too convinced of this just yet, only because there’s still a lot of stigma against electrics and you’re probably more than likely going to win over a gas cage cuck with a gas bike than an electric one
>>
>>
>>1857939
>>
Any kits that use a Honda gx25?
>>
>>1860316
bummer
>>
>>1838068

I can definitely see it happening
>>
>>1862316
I'll see if a gx25 will bolt into a gx50 kit.
>>
File: Sleeping angry.jpg (12 KB, 170x208)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1838700
Why didnt you deal with america, you have guns for gods sake
>>
>>1838068
They're called mopeds, and from first hand experience I assure you they absolutely can.
>>
>>1863557
>posting a picture from facebook
>>
>>1864349
I posted it on Facebook and couldn't be bothered finding it in my gallery so I just downloaded it off my own profile
>>
>>1846001
>weather
>health problems
?
>>
>>1842843
The most insufferable part about the urban planning debate is you can't ever side with someone who wants even as much as sidewalks to be added to the US for kids to walk on, because that person is in 90% of cases simultaneously some weirdo subhuman fuck that thinks working people that pay taxes should be forced to spend time in the same space with homeless junkies and other pieces of shit because it's "egalitarian" so you just have to go fuck it, fuck the sidewalks, I'm a full on big oil shill now.
Even though I want to live in a neighborhood that's zoned in such a way that a nice restaurant can open across the street from my house and kids can walk around on their own, but we can't have that, "nice neighborhoods" are evil. Can't have "nice" and "walkable" with the same people.
>>
>>1838420
>notoriously unreliable
I've never heard this and I owned one for years without any issues. Only problem was that it was slow.
>>
>>1838068
why not just get a fucking motorcycle?
>>
>>1841066
you are literally fucking retarded
>>
>>1864654
Is the US some Africa tier horrible shithole that happens to have a wildly powerful and wealthy federal government?
>>
>>1863557
People these days think mopeds are just these things
>>1864763
You don't need a license or registration for bicycles & it's for city use you don't need to go high speeds either
>>
>>1849650
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>1856543
>namefag
into the trash it goes
>>
File: images (12).jpg (56 KB, 640x480)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1838068
We have them. They're called motorcycles
>>
>>1865636
Nah fuck outta here with a motor bicycle you don't need registration or a license
>>
>>1865678
And you think the gubbermint is just gonna let you skirt around their legislation? A bicycle with a motor is by definition a motorbike just a shit tier one. You might as well ride dirty on a decent machine
>>
>>1865316
>People these days think mopeds are just these things
yet that ironically isn't even a moped. Scooters work too, for the record, mopeds are just cooler and more fun to ride.
>>
>>1838068
No because opposition to cars isn't about cars it's about the freedom they bring.
If you aren't forced to stay inside like the average chinese peasant under faux-lockdown and you are not under immediate danger of ghetto hoods then your mode of transport will become the next immediate target after cars.
>>
>>1865702
They do it for PEV riders all the time
>>
>>1866011
>>People these days think mopeds are just these things
>yet that ironically isn't even a moped.
You could just say 'I agree'. But instead you now look like you have no reading comprehension
>>
>>1866211
I thought you meant by "just these things" that you meant those are the only mopeds when in reality they are only one kind of moped. But now I get what you mean lol.
>>
>>1866062
the gubmint doesn't allow it, cops just can't be fucked to enforce it, most of the time. At least they're doing something right for a change.
>>
This is the best solution that doesn't involve putting them on your frames and easily removable
>>
Maybe now in New York heh
>>
Need it. This is the optimal bike
>>
mini motorized cars could not completely replace cars in the city becuase way too many people still want to access the suburbs from the city or access the city from the suburbs and they all need giant cars pulling an extra 1000lbs of safety features and an extr 1000lbs of engine power to make them feel safe moving at hwy speeds. and they would never lower hwy speeds becuase there are too many rural people who always travel at 90mph, 90 miles a day
>>
Just get a fucking motorbike
>>
>>1867938
they could always opt to renting vans for stuff like this. what ever happend to car share rentals?
>>
>>1838698
>bikes are more dangerous per passenger mile than cars
Lowest iq nigger in the entirety of subsaharan africa
>>
>>1870827
No, that's a retarded idea. Pretty sure people are even more opposed to renting out and carpooling in shitty vans. Also that doesnt change the major safety gap between motorbikes and vans. If anything vans are bigger than most cars people drive now, so it'd make cities even more dangerous since arguably motorbikes have lower visibility for drivers than pedestrians, plus they're easier to hit since they zoom around everywhere.

You cant have massive tanks share the same space with tiny motorbikes. Cities are dangerous enough.
>>
These are already replacing cars for poor people in less congested areas. I see tons of them. The future of transportation is multifaceted, but cars aint it.
>>
Check it out
>>
>>1871097
cars are not going anywhere
>>
>>1871185
Literal suicide
>>
I want to make one of these with a trike preferably a big 4 stroker
>>
>>1871185
that would be a thrill to see someone riding down a bicycle path
>>
>>1838068
no
>>
File: USA01.jpg (70 KB, 680x383)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>1838068
>>1872905
Right now, the answer is NO but it should
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdQ381K5xg
The 3rd place is that there needs to be an option where you can just exist without someone trying to extract value from you. Cafes and Pubs are great and all, but that doesn't work for those with low or no income. We also need parks, libraries, community centres, museums and art galleries.
>>
bmx build kino
https://youtu.be/amwEqPfft0k

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.