[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 71 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 1659404933274074.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x1816)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
My scooter is finally here Edition

The purpose of this thread is to discuss various light electric modes of transportation, such as ebikes and escooters.

Reputable Dealers
https://alienrides.com/
https://revrides.com/
https://www.ewheels.com/
https://e-rides.com/
https://www.euco.us/
https://eevees.com/
https://www.voromotors.com/
https://fluidfreeride.com/
>>
I thank you for posting my picture as your opener, hopefully as a commendation. it's really good btw, BTFOs all other forms of transportation on the bike paths (I haven't seen any sur rons yet)
>>
>>1836850
Are the tires solid on these kind of things?
>>
>>1836922
all in good faith anon I hope you enjoy it
>>1836932
They are on cheaper slower ones. Bigger ones have pneumatic tires and suspension
>>
>>1836762
I tried a few different models of those before because there's a chinaman shop here that orders them in bulk and puts his store name on them. The suspension is absolute shit on all of them. I think it was the L6 that you couldn't change out either on the front forks and it bottoms out easily. The other models are really high off the ground and tilt downwards towards the front which is completely dangerous as fuck but at least those can take aftermarket shocks. Between that, the chinese mystery grade batteries, and the shit controllers you're better off spending a few hundred more and buying a VDM-10 or Blade 10 EVO/ Blade GT with Samsung or LG batteries for around 1300-1400 USD shipped. Or get them with a smaller capacity battery for around 1100-1200 shipped.
>>
File: 1640035691614.png (2 MB, 1500x1478)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
what's the cheapest ebike controller that would allow me to use unlimited speed PAS sensor?
I got an ebike kit (pic rel) but it's limited to 25km/h if I use the PAS sensor; the throttle doesn't have this limit
the controller isn't programmable and chang doesn't help, so I'm looking for a new one or some way to remove this limit
>>
>>1836850
Thoughts on the eahoria azarius? Going by the specs it seems to blow pretty much everything in the 1500-2k price range for only 1k, including shit by better regarded brands like ariel rider and lectric. I'm a noob when it comes to biking so I'm curious if there's some glaring flaw I'm not informed enough to recognize.
>>
fatty thread grow up get a pedal bike
>>
>>1837323
Pedal bikes can't keep up with cars. Unless you live in the Netherlands or minority of countries with good cycling infrastructure you're going to either be stuck on the sidewalk with pedestrians or on the road with cars. If you can hit 30 mph you can keep within the same speeds as most cars in my area which reduces the chances of a motorist loosing their shit and driving you off the road, or worse.
>>
>>1837323
That's funny because pevs don't support obese weight
>>
>>1837323
>Live in area with 110 degree summers
>Buy pedal bike
>Show up to work drenched in sweat
>>
>>1837454
Wheres the problem?
Some chicks at my workplace always look at me like im the manliest chad over there. Sometimes i see them giggling and pointing fingers at me.
Man i just love the female attention when i get to work drenched in sweat and wearning nothing but my bip and some ray bans.
>>
I'm buying an Electric Brompton.
>>
>>1837274
Fat tires seems like a weird choice
>>1837454
Don't bother arguing with cyclist
>>1837530
It just seems like a lot of money for not much bike
>>
File: file.png (901 KB, 577x1280)
901 KB
901 KB PNG
welp. already out of handlebar space
>>
>>1837836
Holy shit
>>
>>1837836
The key ignition is completely useless, just remove it. Even the dumbest pavement ape knows how to quickly bypass it these days right after they break the lock.
>>
>>1837941
>these days
Jumping wires has been a thing since the invention of the spark plug.
>>
File: 1654338328472.png (59 KB, 758x956)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>1837941
I implemented a retarded start system for my bike but I'm so ashamed of it for some reason that I don't dare to mount it
>add a hidden button below the saddle
>power button will work only for 5 seconds after hidden button and electronic brake are pressed at the same time
I think that if someone wants to steal my bike, they won't care if it lights up or not
>>
>>1837941
it's a layer of security that gives me time to come and hit the hobo in the head. I also have a lock.
>>
File: IMG20210719WA0018.jpg (130 KB, 750x734)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Thoughts on a good full suspension electric mountain bike that can withstand rough riding? I want an electric mountain bike, not an electric dirt bike.
>>
>>1838696
actual bike companies make them. They're expensive
>>
>>1838696
Ok fatty
>>
>>1838696
trek, giant and rocky mountain have them, as the other anon said you'll be paying a lot.
>>1838709
I can see it being really nice if you want to get up hills easier and spend more time downhill, or using the bike to travel long distance in the woods.
>>
File: 1591616976110.jpg (69 KB, 1024x644)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1838709
I'm underweight. I want one to go long distances innawoods for /out/ and /k/ activities and not be worn out once I get to my destination or take 2-4 days to get there by hiking.

>>1838708
>>1838710
Shit, those are expensive. What do you think of conversion kits? Worried about durability.
>>
>>1838717
no conversion kit is going to have the durability of those companies and their R&D unless you are a wiz at DIY. I'd say a hub kit and weatherproofing/vibration dampening the battery/controller is what you'd need to do at minimum, but I believe hubs are less easy to use with a lot of gears.
>>
>>1838717
>underweight
no you are not. post height and weight. metric please, it it isn't too much trouble.
>>
File: merica.png (352 KB, 630x472)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>1838733
5'11", 120lbs, 7.5"x6" in freedom units.
>>
>>1838717
mid drive motor kits are know to be very reliable. Maybe not as much as really expensive ones but not a piece of shit either
>>
>>1838737
yeah nah that's fine. little scrawny cunt you may be, but you aren't "underweight" lol (think who decides on those definitions for more than half a second). wanna suck my moderately sized dick? you're paying for plane tickets though lol.
>>
Which ebikes have good launch control (like the arcc) without needing a throttle?
>>
>>1838923
>like the arcc
no idea how it works
can you elaborate?
>>
>>1838129
>I think that if someone wants to steal my bike, they won't care if it lights up or not
They won't, since the battery itself is worth hundreds.
>>
>>1837029
look at this pile of chink shit, kek
>>
>>1838981
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Bk1EzYItVY&t=173
Basically a euro legal pedelec which allows a full throttle 4 seconds full power through a button combo so you can safely accelerate from congested intersections/hills.
>>
File: kaabo-mantis-v2.jpg (60 KB, 719x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
just got a kaabo mantis v2. how hard did i fuck myself
>>
>>1839179
should be good. Where did you buy it from?
>>
>>1838923
chink kits have full power all the time, doesn't matter how fast you pedal
it's not the same, but pretty close
>>
>>1839187
fluid free rides. just got back from a night cruise and it's pretty cool. it's my first scooter so i can't compare it to anything. the only thing that sucks so far is the turn signal switch. it would be nice if it were integrated into the grips, like some other scooters
>>
>>1839213
you have a warranty if anything goes wrong then. I think it's a decent choice for the price. Have fun on it
>>
>>1839210
Thanks. Is there a way to know if the kit has this "feature"?
>>
>>1839254
reviews from other people is usually the fastest way
but if you ask the seller, they always respond in my experience
>>
>>1837836
>>1837941
>>1837029
the levels of cognitive dissonance in this thread are astounding
>>
>>1839427
the fuck are you responding to my post for? I simply posted my handlebars of my scooter. suck my dick nigger
>>
>>1839447
i bet you could fit another chink gizmo in there too, kek
>>
>>1839427
what does this mean? Is this a schizo post?
>>
>>1839179
I recently got a 2021 mantis 10 pro for half price because the previous owner has no idea that the rims could split apart for tire changes. He was prying them off with a spoon the entire time and running them at 20 psi so he was constantly getting flats. They fixed the issue with the stem breaking after 2020 onwards, and the neck is now securely bolted on to the deck, it isn't ever coming loose. There also absolutely no stem wobble once properly adjusted. The entire scooter feels very fucking solid. There are a few tips:

Never run in single motor mode. Gear 2 will be your go to for max distance on the streets. It already has enough power and torque in that gear to keep up with street traffic up to 30 while not massively draining your battery. There is almost absolutely no reason to go into mode 3 unless you are climbing a really steep hill or are in a 40mph zone.

Upgrade to the longer triple stem clamp. Those things should have come with it directly from the factory since everyone immediately replaces the double stem clamp since it's so short. Make sure you don't install it upside like the previous owner did on mine.

Upgrade to 10x3.0 (80/65-6) street tires. I thought 10x2.5 was fine but the scooter feels so much more locked in with the wider street tires. Make sure you are getting genuine Tuovt tires with the name on the side. I ran into bootleg Tuovt tires that were a complete piece of shit.
>>
what is THE upgraded clamp for VDM-10/apollo ghost? I know this is a common upgrade I just wanna get the right one.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 231x218)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1839532
The VDM-10 uses Zero 10x clamps. I'm pretty sure you'll also need the shim for the folding area if there's a gap where the bar meets the stem in the folding area. Just look for a popular Zero 10x one. Pic related is the shim. Most people just get the thickest one with 3 bolts / quick releases.
>>
>>1839543
would it be these two products then? (tiny url)
/2p9amepa
/bdddvjb5
>>
>>1839548
The aliexpress link doesn't work but it should come with some clamps.
>>
File: file.png (269 KB, 1297x565)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>1839550
weird, worked for me, anyway it's that shim you linked and this clamp
>>
>>1839554
Yeah, get the shim and the clamp if it doesn't come with it then.
>>
File: ebikepath.jpg (62 KB, 807x417)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
looking for an Ebike recc (aus)

im 19, /fit/ but do fuck all cardio
picrelated is route to work but want to be future proof for longer distances
0 experience/knowledge riding on main roads
preferably something that can go on dirt too
~$2000-$4000AUD

last time i asked someone said reid was good and said to get this
https://www.reidcycles.com.au/collections/electric-bikes/products/reid-urban-plus-black-ebike?variant=30327191666768
thoughts?
>>
>>1839509
good info. i keep it in dual motor, and have disabled regen braking. also i think mine came with upgraded 3 inch wide tires.

what's a good triple clamp, or rather what's the stem diameter?
>>
>>1837335
They generally can in larger cities because traffic lights are common enough to fuck car owners over.
>>
>>1839737
they look like decent bikes. You would probably want to look at their e trail if you want to go off road.
So here's what I see
Bad
>Smallish battery
>Cucked on power becuase it's from an actual company
>sort of expensive

Good
>Middrive motor so you're getting all the motor has got
>small motor and battery might not actually matter if you're planning on pedaling the hell out of the bike.
>Could get around 40 miles range if you keep power consumption at 10wh/mile
>>
>>1839737
If someone in aus were to do a legal(for insurance) diy on a hard tail mtb frame,
what mid drive motors are decent? I've found the bafang bbs01 so far which seems nice, the programmability seems useful. Is there anything else comparable? What are the euros diying middrive with? A 250w hub motor seems pointless for a stop-start commute.
>>
>>1840201
>bbs01
Shimano Steps but it's expensive
>>
I don't trust any of these kike e-scooter review outlets. All of them get kickbacks from the chink brands. There isn't a single independent one.
>>
>>1840433
People will post online on forums if there scooters fall apart after some time. Reviewers just represent the best possible experience. You have to look yourself if you want to know about long term shit
>>
>>1840433
Yeah, just look at the Apollo's City 2022. The shill channels boasted the thing up so much as being the most high quality and safe scooter in the coming years. After all the delays when people finally got it, it's a literal defective death trap. The chargers immediately burned out so they were stuck with a brick for weeks while they dealt with support and waited shipping. Then when they got to ride it there's reports of the stem lock failing so it folds in on them mid ride. And now the throttle is reportedly getting stuck while accelerating. Apollo's reputation is absolutely done and dead.
>>
>>1840494
They could. Ask your dealer
>>
File: file.png (200 KB, 794x429)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>1840433
Escooter owner for 252kms (OP picture) here. just buy whatever the OEM of apollo's shit is, they are a reseller and barely offer any benefits from factory direct, same maintenance you'll have to do at way less price. also titangroup has a bunch of new models that apollo and ghost don't, I kinda want the g5 which looks like the OEM of the new segway high performance scooter? but I imagine it's gonna be super fucking heavy.
>>
>>1840499
It's heavy and underpowered. The point of Segway doing it was convincing you that it was going to be ultra high quality. That's not really the case if you're buying generic
>>
>>1837677
I need an electric folding bike for carrying on bus, train and subway.

What're the other options? Tern Vektron? That's even more expensive.
>>
>>1841729
>Tern Vektron
Fiido has multiple models
>>
>>1837454
This is the reason i bought an e-scooter. I got a Ninebot G30D II and all i am waiting for right now is the damn license plate i need in my cuck country of Germany. How is it in other better countries? Do you guys need a license plate too?
>>
>>1842235
>license plate
That's sad. In the US I can buy the worlds fastest scooter and nobody will say anything
>>
>>1842236
We are limited to 20 KMH which is 12 MPH. At least 10% leeway so 22 KMH or 13 MPH. Still better than cycling in this fucking heat.
>>
>>1842237
I suppose so but it's sad that you can't use them as a more serious car replacement
>>
>>1842242
Everything is really close by here so the slow speed isn't that big of a problem. I picked the G30D II because of it's huge range and the big battery will hopefully last for a long time.
>>
>>1842244
Well that's good so you're right but I imagine going long distances is never going to be a possibility.
>>
>>1837677
>fate tires
Most ebikes seem to have them. And I've heard they're good off road, which combined with the suspension is why the bike appealed to me. What's the catch?
>>
>>1842400
Doesn't make sense on a commuter style bike. They're bigger and heaver and have more rolling resistance
>>
>>1842522
Makes sense if you want a comfier ride. Especially with the shit state of some roads these days. The ride quality between a bike with a thinner tire and that of something like a Super73 Z1/ZX with those stock chonker tires is pretty big even without any kind of suspension.
>>
>>1836850
Stop leaving your abandoned scooters all over the trails.
>>
File: PXL_20220808_213802018.jpg (3.36 MB, 4080x3072)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
Tupperware board anon here, made some upgrades. The new batteries came in as well so I have about 27 miles of range with two batteries in a backpack and one in the board.
>>
>>1842721
based DIY esk8 anon
>>
>>1842713
we don't like Bird scooters anon we like owning our own personal vehicles.
>>
DO NOT BUY FROM TALENIC THE LYING NIGGERS ARE 2 MONTHS BEHIND ON ORDERS YOU AREN'T GETTING YOUR SHIT IN 2-5 BUSINESS DAYS LIKE THEY ADVERTISE
>>
>>1843570
buy from a dealer
>>
>>1843570
>1,249.99 for this piece of shit
HOLY KEK. Literally just a really low end Laotie scooter with a bigger battery. Still even rocking the $10 mechanical brakes and shit front suspension for that price. Do your research before randomly buying something.
>>
>>1839900
Pic related is good enough and the one I have. Just properly adjust the front facing screw on the steering stem if there's still a bit of play and don't install it upside down. There's notches on the stem and inside the clamp to keep it from creeping up while riding which causes stem play. Get it from a well rated store on Aliexpress, don't pay double the price from US vendors. Search "kaabo mantis reinforced clamp".
>>
>>1837836
keep going, bro
>>
best e-scooter for taking with me on the london underground along with a carry bag for it?
will only be riding it for 5-10 minutes each way to the station
>>
>>1844213
You're better off with a folding e bike
>>
>>1844222
those are at least double the price of a scooter
>>
>>1844223
Aren't escoots illegal in bongland? What's the price of the cops taking your scooter?
>>
>>1844229
they're illegal but I'm not going to ride it inside the busiest central stations, I live in outer london and just need to get from my house to my suburbian station and do the return on the way home
>>
>>1844234
Maybe something like a Ninebot ES1L will work for you. I don't think there's any conceal carry cases for scooters you might have to figure that out on your own
>>
>>1844236
don't think that's available here. but I found one called Pure Air 2nd Gen which looks really good
>conceal carry
kek
>>
>>1844243
Not that anon but that thing's shit. Just buy a Xiaomi Essential or 1s for around the same price. They only weigh 12kg. There's also a lot of aftermarket scooter bags for those models.
>>
>>1844249
why is it shit? it's one of the only waterproof scooters and considering it rains so much here it would be a good idea wouldn't it?
>>
>>1844250
It's notorious for controller issues and the stem lock failing and folding in on people while riding. I'm pretty sure it's just another rebrand from what I saw when browsing scooters on Alibaba a few months ago.
>>
>>1844253
that sounds pretty bad. I had a look at the Xiaomi essential and 1s and the 1s seems the best from the two. how is it in wet weather?
>>
>>1844255
They're fine.
>>
>>1844257
nice. thanks for the advice
>>
>>1844259
If you still don't feel comfortable riding it in the rain you can buy a waterproof silicone dash cover. Also you can take off the battery cover on the bottom of the deck and seal it better with silicone caulking. Just don't ride any scooter through huge puddles.
>>
>>1844364
thank you
>>
File: 1649951275088.png (113 KB, 296x390)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
Am I misunderstanding something, or can you actually just casually fuck up anyone's escooter that's parked outsider with xiaoflasher, since it never asks for a password, or anything of the kind?
>>
File: 20220819_060009.jpg (2 MB, 3133x1908)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
After commuting by bike for a couple of months now Ive decided Im interested in getting an ebike conversion. Are any kits around $500 worthwhile? I care more about waterproofing and relaibility than top speed. Hub Drive or Mid Drive?
>>
>>1845350
mid drive. You should probably save some more money but they're worth it

https://www.amazon.com/BAFANG-Display-Electric-Conversion-Chainring/dp/B07NKWYZM7/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1BA2BPUAKO8NU&keywords=750w%2Bmid%2Bdrive&qid=1661728659&sprefix=750w%2Bmiddriv%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-2&th=1
>>
>>1844843
It appears like that yeah. Who thought this would be a good idea?
>>
File: bunneeh.jpg (44 KB, 438x438)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What's a good semi-off road e-scooter to get in europe? (Basically one that can drive graveled bike paths slightly uphill, looking for a range of 15km or more))

Don't want to spend more than 300 quid on it either
>>
>>1845710
you want something new? Maybe something like this

https://www.pureelectric.com/collections/all-electric-scooters/products/pure-air-go-electric-scooter-second-generation

not sure about gravel though you might want to check used listings in your area
>>
Soo will western companies ever make these things or are we stuck with Chinese shit forever?
>>
>>1845351
Any idea what the range should be like for the 48v 13ah battery? I'm fine using the pedal assist instead of throttle, my goal is just to get to work without needing to change clothes. My commute is mostly flat and paved, with a few short steep hills.
>>
File: battery.png (235 KB, 1030x888)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>1845925
This type of thing is always hard to tell.
Sounds like you'll be in the 30wh/mile zone. You'll have 624wh which would give you about 20 miles range. Keep in mind you could probably charge at work
>>
File: a1_800x0.jpg (53 KB, 800x656)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1845879
Here's your western company that charges 10k USD with no proof of anyone actually having a single unit shipped to their doorstep in years yet bro.
>>
>>1846094
I thought there were a good plenty of these out in the wild
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.04 MB, 1200x2664)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
OP picture guy here... fuck bike lanes. now I can't take my scooter on my PAX trip.
>>
>>1845879
best we are gonna get is someone entering premium market that isn't rion, but they will always use chinese motors. I can't see why a western company can't create tooling for the frames though.
>>
>>1846263
Get a patch kit from your local bike shop
>>
>>1846269
it went all the way through the tube, i'm just gonna replace it, I have an extra tire and tube.
>>
>>1846278
you should be ok then right?
>>
>>1846279
yeah but it's annoying to fix and I might not have all the right tools at the moment.
>>
Are emmos any good? Looking to get an ebike for school
>>
>>1846298
emoto is not very good. You should either get an ebike or a real motorcycle
>>
>>1846299
Emmo is the brand, it's an ebike, just looks like a motorcycle. I'm getting a motorcycle license and registering it in the spring so i can take off the limiter
>>
Also, the thought of a cop stopping me thinking I'm riding a motorcycle without a olate in the bike lane makes me erect
>>
>>1846301
?? it's not an electric bicycle it's an electric motorcycle. It doesn't have pedals so it really doesn't matter how slow it is. You can get a cheaper motorcycle that can go farther. That's why emoto is shit
>>
>>1846308
Pedals are removed in the pictures
https://emmo.ca/products/knight-turbo
>>
>>1846280
Not that anon but it takes like 15 minutes to change a tube on a split rim design and you only need a few hex keys and a crescent wrench or socket. Most of the dual motor scooters use a 18mm wrench or socket for the nut and 4mm key for the screws on the split rim. Just buy a hex set and a wrench for like 15 total from home depot.
>>
>>1846315
lol you're going to get stopped on this thing more than a Sur Ron rider. At least don't be poor and get the lithium batteries
>>
What manufacturer is the Toyota of ebikes/escooters right now? Or who is likely to be in the future?
>>
>>1846515
Dualtron easily. The youtube channel Electric Scooter Academy claims to have like 20k miles on them with no issues.
>>
>>1846515
Lectric.
>>
>>1846318
we had a DIY room in my apartment complex with a bunch of tools so I got it done, but now the brakes are rubbing and I am not sure how to fix it, all the bolts/screws holding the disc and brakes on are tight.
>>
>>1846588
Unscrew the two bots that are holding the brake caliper in place from the top so it can move horizontally. Squeeze the levers then tighten those bolts down again while the pads are clamping the disc. It will center the caliper and pads.
>>
i live in the mountains and want a electric scooter or bike to go around downtown (historical downtown with about 95% white population.) im leaning towards scooter but we have steep inclines around here and dont know what would pull my fatass up those hills. 220lbs for reference. i dont want to spend a shit ton. what is out there?
>>
>>1847257
>220lbs
>mountains
>cheap
Either lose weight or stop being poor
>>
>>1847259
well what are my options?
>>
>>1847257
>fat mixed race poster feels the need to claim his town is very “white”
Hello American!
>>
>>1847263
yes i am american. now can i get some recommendations or am i going to have to spend the next 5 hours suffering through youtubers?
>>
>>1847261
How far do you need to go?
>>
>>1847265
15 mile range would pretty much cover everything.
>>
>>1847266
I wouldn't suggest any scooter weaker than an emove cruiser. Even so it's only going to hold like 15mph up a 10% grade. Dual motor would be better. Check out the Wolf Warrior x it's more expensive though
>>
>riding up my hill yesterday on my aluminum road bike
>some guy on e-scooter uses it and is ahead of me, we both stop at a light
>tells me to go ahead because he's slow
>mfw my mediocre riding ability going uphill lays waste to him an an e-scooter
>>
>>1847274
Cheap scooters don't go that fast
>>
>>1847274
>riding uphill yesterday on my e scooter
>pretty slim for an e scooter rider only 160kg@5’8
>only charge battery twice going up the hill
>roadie cunt thinks he’s better than me
>>
File: kfiln5ucahy31.jpg (41 KB, 719x608)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I like passing the fastest roadie on the street while i ride my euc on the sidewalk
>>
File: 1634781836474.jpg (7 KB, 250x230)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
can you add a bigger battery to prebuilt ebikes?
or is it a pain/sketchy

would buying 2 batteries be a better idea?
>>
>>1847278
You're an asshole. Not for the roadies sake but for the pedestrians who have to share the sidewalk with you. There's a reason the roadies are riding in the street and not on the sidewalk.
>>
>>1847257
>>1847266
You need a dual motor scooter, definitely 60v. 52v is kind of weak with heavier riders. 60v Blade 10 EVO (Best for the money), 60v Blade GT, 60v Blade X Pro+, Zero 10x, Kaabo Mantis 10 Pro, Kaabo Wolf Warrior x, Titan VDM-10 (Not the watered down Apollo Ghost shit), Vsett 10+R (Overpriced for features and the suspension needs to be replaced for your weight). All around the same price and you can sometimes find them for around 1200 used on Facebook or Craigslist with low miles. You can get them for way cheaper new from the manufacturer if you're willing to wait almost 2 months for slow boat shipping.

>>1847304
Nearly everyone I see around here with an ebike has a second battery. You just just mount it on with the given hardware or velcro strap it, then plug it in.
>>
>>1847257
>>1847318
Forgot to also add you can check sunnytimesscooter.com (Kaabo and Blade manufacturer) and talk to the support chat. Ask them what they have in stock at the US warehouse so you can get their direct manufacturer price and get it to your door cheap in less than a week. Another alternative if you feel intimidated by alibaba's order system.
>>
>>1847278
This is why the pigs love to harass people riding EUCs more than Ebikes and Escooters. I've seen more near and actual accidents with themselves or people walking on the sidewalks because of EUCs more than anything in the past few months.
>>
>>1847318
>>1847321
>>1847272
thank you anons
>>
>>1847316
>>1847325
There's nobody on the sidewalks here. (south florida). The law here says that bikes are allowed on the sidewalk. The cops can't do anything and if anyone is on the sidewalk I slow down to 5mph and pass them safely. Roadies are suicidal retards because every single person driving is on their phone. Seriously everyone I see stopping at a red light. I would've been hit by people turning right on red if I wasn't extremely vigilant so you karens can calm down.
>>
>>1847408
famous last words before suddenly slamming into a kid or car
>>
>>1847408
put on make up and start juggling, they can't ticket clowns, it is a law.
>>
File: ca1.png (115 KB, 1800x1578)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1847680
>>1847705
seething
>>
Does anyone have a Scooter from the Hover-1 brand? I have a Hover-1 Journey and I've almost had it for a full year (December will mark it) and it's performed very well riding it.

I've seen a lot of poor reviews for it and probably for other Hover products so I'm interested if anyone on /n/ has encountered them! The main problem I had is with the installation of screws, other than that it's done well for me.

I went to the online Hover-1 store to try and check out part prices but apparently, now they only sell chargers instead of replacement batteries and brakes, etc Super disappointing.

Anyone got good alternate brands that are open to customers replacing their own parts/working on their own transportation?
>>
>>1847780
That picture accurately describes every cagetroll on /n/.
>>
>>1847780
news flash!
unicycles and scooters do not become transportation when you add an electric motor to them
>>
>>1847866
Bizzare logic. Normal unicycles and scooters are already transportation by definition
>>
File: file.png (669 KB, 1037x375)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>1847868
>t. smurf on the right
>>
>>1847871
why do eucs and ecoots make you so mad?
>>
>>1847875
because they don't belong on the road or sidewalk or anywhere besides kids playgrounds.
>>
>>1847877
That's an arbitrary rule made up by your ego. I can actually keep up with traffic. If anything it's bicycles that don't belong on the road. You're just a hazard to themselves
>>
>>1847879
I don't think being dragged under a bus, punted skyward at intersections or pancaked between cars count as keeping up with the traffic.
>>
>>1847880
All of that applies to riding bicycles. You don't have a real argument
>>
>>1847883
meh, all need to do is just wait a few more years at most until you are dead.
>>
>>1847884
why don't you just relax?
>>
>>1847318
I have a 52v VDM-10 and it handles my 200lbs easily on steep hills. I just took a trip to pax with a heavy backpack and duffle and it was fine
>>
>>1847821
Nearly every single knockoff Xiaomi scooter has been known to frequently snap in half right at the steering neck which connects to the deck ending up with teeth knocked out or broken arms, jaws, and ribs. The whole works. That includes the Hover-1 Journey. You get what you pay for in quality and aftermarket support. Just buy a actual Xiaomi or Ninebot Max since they're easy to repair and parts are everywhere online. The Hover-1 Journey even costs as much as a Xiaomi scooter which is fucking insane and that company can keep charging that markup because people just blindly buy them.
>>
>>1847925
there is 0 reason to ever get a 52v version of a scooter if it has a 60v version available. especially if it's going to be hauling around considerable weight. the 60v vdm-10 barely cost much more than 52v version so I'm not sure why you didn't get it. it's the main reason why most people even buy the oem version in the first place.
>>
>>1847939
It was a gift. Guess I should've told my mother to return it ASAP as I originally thought :^) Too late now, and it's served me well.

Pretty sure she got it from Walmart lmao, thanks for the reply Anon
>>
>>1848038
it was decently cheaper for me (I think like 200-300 less) and I was afraid of going too fast on my first scooter and killing myself, I will get something faster next or an EUC but 55 on a straightaway or 40 up a steep hill is quite fast enough on 10 inch tires.
>>
>>1848783
get a euc
>>
>>1848789
says the guy that's scared of roads
>>
Fuck all of you for allowing chink scooter manufacturers to force you to install data mining apps on your phone to unlock your scooter's full potential.
>>
>>1848910
this. This is what me pisses off about ninebot and xiaomi to the point i just removed motor controller.
>>
>>1848867
what does that mean
>>
>>1848910
>>1848932
What apps are you retards even crying about? All you need to do is flash a single file and that's it. At no time anywhere from opening the box to riding it do you need to install their apps.
>>
>>1848789
>got 52v because cheaper and less fast
>dude just get an EUC (which is easily 1000 more and dangerous as fuck)
they are definitely faster and more efficient than scooters but lmao.
>>
>>1849408
it's fun. At least there are no handlebars to flip over and stab you. You also won't get your tiny wheels stuck in a pothole
>>
When the fuck is Segway gonna release the P100S or that new Ninebot Max with suspensions?
>>
>>1849767
segway is allergic to performance
>>
>>1849409
So fun and practical that the other anon rides at 35-40mph on the sidewalk because of muh traffic accidents.
>>
>>1849781
My G30D2 gets to it's max speed of 20Kmh in a few seconds in sport mode almost to fast to be comfortable and i don't want to know how unstable a higher top speed would feel like with just 10" wheels.
>>
>>1849863
The Ninebot Max is uncomfortable at high speeds because it feels like it was specifically designed for stability on drive mode and perfect pavement conditions. It has extremely narrow as fuck handlebars making the steering feel twitchy on top of the low handlebar height, a skinny and short deck, and no suspension so it adds to instability at higher speeds. After riding the Kaabo Mantis 10 for hundreds of miles I tried riding a Ninebot Max again and the thing straight up feels like a skitterish death trap. It was always felt super sketchy riding in sport mode on the Max even after hundreds of miles but when I got the Mantis I had 0 anxiety or fear accelerating to almost 40 on my first ride because of how much bigger and wider it was.
>>
>>1849861
what does that have to do with anything? Just ride on the road if you want
>>
>>1849863
I don't know how to put this but the numbers you described are extremely slow. Like the Toyota Tercel of scooters.
>>
>>1849905
Have you tried Xiaomi Essential? Is it equally shitty? Better? Worse?
>>
>>1849997
I haven't but it does have a smaller deck and 8.5in wheels vs 10in so the ride quality might be a bit more rough. Don't get me wrong though the Max and Xiaomi scooters are reliable and well built commuter scooters as long as you keep the speed reasonable. They're the absolute best quality you can get for your money at lower price ranges so you can't go wrong with buying any one of those (except for the Ninebot ES series which is notoriously garbage).
>>
>>1850051
thanks
>>
>>1849863
my vdm-10 with 52v motor is considered mid range and 55km/h is really nothing and is quite stable on proper asphalt. suspension helps a lot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlqXhnvPDAs
is this soi goy really considered a "professional" and reliable reviewer? at 1:25ish with his rant about stem wobble he didn't even have the stem clamp seated all the way down snug to the big ass gear shaped nut and was wondering why he had stem wobble. he even keeps on fucking with and just throws his arm out like ME DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. that's a real amateur and retarded mistake for someone who's apparently owned and reviewed over 60 scooters. even worse when a lot of them share the same type of stem build and clamp system.
>>
>>1850224
>rides unicycle
>doesn't even juggle
maybe you should be seeking advice about manchild toys from actual circus actors
>>
I envy you guys being able to drive whatever you want. Here in Germany all you can get and drive legally is slow and safe but if you want to drive a motorbike at 300Kmh on the Autobahn that's totally okay.

>>1849905
The Kaabo Mantis 10 looks amazing but it will never be road legal in my fucking country (Germany). Also 30KG is a bit to heavy for train travel to a city i work in 20 is manageable. Can you drive the Kaabo Mantis 10 with one hand to make a turn signal with your hands? As you described very accurately the handlebars on the G30D2 are very narrow which is great for commuting per train but make one handed driving impossible because even if you are very strong you can't keep the damn thing stable.

>>1849963
Well German laws prohibit anything faster than 20Kmh. This country is pretty okay overall but some details really suck like laws that are not really necessary.

>>1850153
Cool but 55Kmh is not even close to street legal in Germany. You'd go to jail for driving that beast.

>>1850235
And he probably isn't even a bear either.
>>
>>1850247
I can ride one handed up until about 20mph. Ninebot max handlebars are about 18in and Mantis handlebars are about 24. I'm probably going to upgrade to wider handlebars later just for more comfort even though they're fine. There is also a more tame single motor 48v 18.2ah version of the mantis available for around $860 that weighs about the same as a Ninebot Max.
>>
So, I have a Ninebot Max and it is fun on level surfaces, but struggles on hills (I am 6'4" and 225 lbs). What should I get for dual-motor power which wouldn't a rebaged Chinese deathtrap or be getting into used car prices?
>>
>>1850247
nonsense, bears are bike-bros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1zv8t0TZas
>>
>>1850257
That's cool. I need to check if my ninebot looses it's street legal'ness if i would change the handlebar to a wider one. Our laws are very strict when it comes to street vehicles of any kind.

>>1850284
Those bears almost look like people in costumes. :D
>>
>>1849861
I ride at 25mph. Even I can hit those speeds on a bicycle. Are you just fat?
>>
>>1850360
speeding on a bicycle at 25mph/40kph on a sidewalk is illegal no matter what country you are in. moreso on a pev
>>
>>1850300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RExw_jcdcp8
bears can hunt using bicycles
>>
>>1850375
There is no speed limit for the sidewalk here. I always slowdown below 10mph for pedestrians and below 5 if there's a kid.
>>
I have a relative who is looking to buy an electric scooter for casual usage (riding on the sidewalks or through neighborhood streets). What would be some reliable brands to look into? America if it matters. I assume I probably wouldn't find anything cheaper than typical Amazon.
>>
>>1849781
What I find interesting is that Ninebot ES1/2 rides worse than shitty Decathlon kick scooter like pic related.
So I would imagine they still didn't figure out proper caster angle or suspension. I mean... Rear one on ES2 is more-less the same design as decathlon, but front one is just pathetic. I'm pretty sure 3 cm stiff as fuck spring ain't gonna do shit. It is there to protect frame from impact, not for comfort or ride qualities.

Anyway, buying yet-another ninebot, because I failed at repairing old one. This time I picked I decided to get used one. Facebook marketplace special. Fucked to hell edition. It lacks half of plastics and I think brake-light and fender are missing lol.
What should I expect?
Should I dual-motor this one? (I have found ES1 with extra battery in much better state, but throttle is fucked (error 10 or 11 iirc) )
>>
>>1851584
>Should I dual-motor this one?
yes. I just think slow escoots are lame
>>
>>1851359
What's your budget?
>>
>>1851587
They are lame, but they have their purpose, a last mile commute between subway and other types of cattle transport. Sadly, there are not so much scooters of this type.
I've doubts second motor would make it any faster, but at least it would make it snappier.
>>
>>1851593
It will make it slightly faster but mostly just boost torque
>>
>>1851594
Yes. And thus make it climb hills better.
Dunno.
Also I figured out that in my country jamals got their hands on rentals, I will see if I can get questionable-origin motors and controllers lol.
>>
>>1847316
Pedestrians are niggers, when you see them, you just run them over.
>>
>>1851597
Btw, what is the real range on ES2 with 100 kg (220 lb) load? 15 km (~9 miles) just like ES1?
>>
>>1851584
Soooo I bought that ninebot.
Oh my god that is a fucking piece of turd, i like it.
Controller thinks it is ES2-black. Steering column is grey. Deck is rental ES1. Motor is ES2 black. Handlebars are from rental shit.
It is not like it was stolen, it is more like it was assembled from literal trash. I like it.

Stock 10S2P battery is piece of shit, doesn't push more than 12A, i guess ESR is too high. Goes 22-25 km/h with my weight. Torque - barely any.
Going over 20 km/h is scary as fuck, compared to kick-scooter oxelo where i've done 35 km/h downhill without worrying about anything.
>>
What's the best way to carry an e-scooter with you?

Alternatively what's the best way to lock it to a lamppost without niggers being able to steal it?
>>
File: redditor owned.jpg (2.96 MB, 3024x4032)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Avoid the Phantom. Apollo cheaped out on an important bolt. I like hearing stories of Redditors being crippled though.
>>
What's the best option if I prioritize portability above all else? Electric bikes, while cool, are very bulky. electric scooters collapse, and electric skateboards are just inherently fairly small, but I'm curious if I'm missing any other options that aren't complete memes.
>>
>>1852755
If it's small you just carry it. If it's big just lock it with a D lock
>>
>>1852773
I used to consider them reputable
>What's the best option if I prioritize portability above all else?
Unironically EUC. Electric skateboards can be pretty big though not sure what you mean by that
>>
File: chinkshit luggage rack.png (261 KB, 724x788)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>1852789
I suppose getting an insurance in case someone fucks it over while it's parked would be a good thing too

Also on a sidenote, are things like pic rel universal? I'm specifically looking for a seat + luggage rack combination for any given ninebot model, that would really seal the deal for me i think
>>
>>1852788
I'm >>1852755 in the same boat as you there when it comes to the need for portability really

There are various carrying options for scooters (bags, shoulder straps and what have you) but i can't picture myself hauling 30lbs thru the city constantly, truth be told

I'd much prefer a 20" folding bike or something along those lines but if i come across a good offer for a scooter which can be upgraded to fit the same use cases as a bike then i won't say no to that either

I feel like there's such a huge market for portable micromobility vehicles but it hasn't even really taken off yet
>>
>>1852792
Nope definitely proprietary. I don't know where you live but adding a seat might invite harassment from the cops.
>>
>>1852791
>Electric skateboards can be pretty big though
Depends on the model. I've seen 27" boards with 20mi/32km range and ~30mph speeds. That's not tiny, but it's small enough to strap to a backpack and not care much about.
Not that it can compete with an EUC though perhaps in range and speed, though I guess it does win in weight.

>>1852794
I'll admit I haven't looked much into folding bikes. When I saw them years ago they were kind of a pain in the ass and not very compact in spite of folding, but 20" sounds pretty damn small. Probably is worth revisiting.
>>
>>1852799
EUC weight doesn't matter unless you have to pick it up. What is the commute you're trying to do
>>
>>1852809
Commute is 10mi/20 round trip to my workplace, some hills but mostly flat, and I can charge whatever I end up getting at work as well
I'd need to bring it in with me, which is a very short walk but nonetheless I'd consider the less bulk and weight while doing so the better.
I've also though about having it for small day trips, and at any given stop while doing that I'd probably want to carry it in with me so some pavement ape doesn't try to leave with it, lock or not.
>>
>>1852813
budget?
>>
>>1852825
Is prefer not to spend above $1000USD, but it's not a deal breaker if it's a bit more.
I feel like it probably shouldn't be, though.
>>
>>1852826
not enough for a board or euc. You can get something like a vsett 8
>>
>>1852799
I saw one dude at the train station sporting a 20" folder the other day, they really are a lot smaller than you expect

Very easy to take them into your apartment if the frame is light enough - Basically just like an e-scooter, but it won't stand out as much since bikes are more ubiqutious overall
>>
>>1852727
Battery is indeed dead. I know for the fact that it should go like 10 km at least, but it only goes 7.
>>
>>1852839
>not enough for an EUC
Looking more closely at them, yeah. I misjudged how expensive those are.
>not enough for a board
I don't believe you.
>>
https://www.99bikes.com.au/pedal23-pedal-packer-black

thoughts? could you carry a light adult on the back?
it has everything else i want.
>>
>>1852839
The vsett 8 has been snapping half and ejecting people while they're riding. The folding mechanism is just bolted to the top of the deck so it rips and tears open the the top of the deck like a sardine can around the folding area from all the pressure on a thin aluminum deck. It's like nosediving on a onewheel except way worse.
>>
Why are there very few scooters with a handlebar to drag it around like a suitcase? Seems like a nobrainer to me.
>>
Does anyone know what's the engine power for a Bolt 4th gen scooter? They work really well for me and would be good to compare
>>
>>1852967
>I don't believe you.
well if you want to cruise at 20-25mph you're going to need at least 700-750wh. If you you're fine going 10-15 then 500wh would be fine. In that case you could get a meepo voyager or inmotion v8f
>>1852978
They should tell you. If not try messaging them
>>1852980
danm that's fucked up. I usually look at ewheels for a lot of this stuff and apparently they replaced the stem attachment.
>>1853056
That wouldn't be practical for most of them
>>1853149
It's probably an evil and dangerous 350w so they hide the figure from you to stay "legal"
>>
>>1853172
Yeah it's some fucked up engineering. Especially considering it's a major stress point. You'd think that they'd making the folding point a big ass block in the front with screws holding on all sides from the frame, but nope. Just have 6 screws do the job on the top and have it pry off the deck while riding.
>>
Opinions on Lectric? Is it the best bike for 800-1000 USD? I don't think I'd be able to figure out how to diy.
>>
>>1853178
You get what you pay for. DIY is just learning what things plug into each other
>>
*dabs on your hiboy/gotrax shitbox*
>>
>>1853186
how easy is it compared to say, building a gaming pc? that is essentially plugging in things in the right place.
>>
>>1853223
It's about the same you just have to make sure things are compatible. If you get a kit you don't even have to do that
>>
>>1853215
Is this a re-branded E-TWOW?
Yep. E-TWOW is good.
I wish I had E-TWOW, but all I can get is a shitty ninebot.
>>
How important are pneumatic tyres in handling rougher terrain, or is a good suspension generally enough?
>>
File: citycoco.png (212 KB, 640x640)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
dumb design or not?
>>
>>1853254
I would say suspension does more but ideally you would have them both
>>1853372
I think the design is cool some of them have full suspension. Reminds me of a Honda Ruckus. I'm pretty sure they're all super shit quality Chinesium. Could be a cool project if you like building and tinkering
>>
>>1853254
You want both.
Pneumatic tires will filter out small imperfections (like pavement tiles), and suspension will filter out bigger imperfections, like potholes.
>>1853372
Dunno, I never understood citycoco.
I can understand shit like Ninebot or E-TWOW. I can understand shit like Dualtron (but not quite)... Citycoco is just weird, slow and heavy.
>>
I built a ebike with a shitty mongoose bargain-bin fat bike and a BBSHD setup with a shark battery.

Works well and after dumping another 600 bucks into it for a better rear hub and offset crank gear/front forks/a rear rack I'm very happy with it.

it was 1900$ CAD before upgrades, 2500$ after and I can easily break 35mph on the flats

How'd I do?
>>
Anyone has any feedback on the Zero 9 or its clones? Really considering it as a scooter that's fairly powerful, has supension and pneumatic tyres, folds well for portability.

Plus you can add roller wheels to drag it around.
>>
>>1853422
You should have just bought a better bike to put all that shit on for that money
>>1853430
>Zero 9
Kinda looks like an emove cruiser
>>
>>1853422
>How'd I do?
Not good at all.
>>
>>1853589
>>1853512
not that anon, but how would you improve that? i'm considering a diy build soon.
>>
>>1853594
My issue is that he spent $600 upgrading a mongoose bike. You could get a new decent bike or a used good bike it's just stupid to spend that much on a Mongoose. Otherwise BBSHD + Shark battery is an unbeatable combo
>>
>>1853172
>try messaging them
i asked and they said it can fit 2 adults
does it look good though?
>>
im buying a bike that has a low tier ananda mid drive, when this thing dies is it possible to swap it for a good bosch motor or is it like permanently attached?
>>
I want a Super73 RX just for the looks but the bike and mods will total 7-8k just to make the thing keep up with traffic and not have shit range while doing so.
>>
>>1853589
Thank you for the constructive criticism.

>>1853512
desu I hadn't bought a bike myself before (let alone a fat bike) since I was 15. If I had known how expensive parts and upgrading this bike would have been beforehand, yeah, no shit I would have bought something more pricey with less upgrading required, but I haven't daily driven a bike in nearly two decades.
>>
>>1853656
Check out Mr.CentralDiver on youtube his does 55mph
>>1853698
fair as long as you're happy with your result
>>
>>1853647
Did you ask them how much weight it can take? If they dodge the question just avoid it. It's probably Chinese pot metal
>>
>>1853731
His build looks similar to what I want to go for except mine will be all black.
>>
>>1853852
That will look good. Are you going to use the Super 72 kit?
>>
>>1853732
its 200kg limit
>>
>>1853855
Ok then unless you love huge fat bitches it shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>1853856
i do love huge fat bitches but i know i shouldnt so i see it as a win
>>
>>1853731
I'm decently happy with it now, it was cheap as far as similarly spec'd ebikes go (especially in the far north of canada where I live)

I would have considered a 500w or so motor but it's just not enough power if my legs are shot from the other 40 hills we have to climb to traverse anywhere where I live.
>>
>>1854048
500w isn't that bad if it's a middrive
>>
>>1854054
it is if you're driving at a 11 degree grade all day, maybe a 10 speed would fair better but I couldn't find a cheap bike with one and I didn't want to fuck about with compatibility (I was eventually forced to, but my point still stands)
>>
File: IMG_20220925_170537.jpg (1.76 MB, 2016x1512)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
If the other anon with the Mantis is here, you should probably immediately put two washers on each side of the suspension block. I was trying to figure out why people's suspension bolts were shearing off and I noticed the suspension block on mine was off centered and riding up against one side of the swing arm. That's what's causing it to shear at the end of the screw inside of the tube, there is nothing to keep it from moving around side to side without added washers. The brass sleeve bushing was even coming out on one side since it was so off centered. I'm surprised that this hasn't clicked yet for any other mantis owner that has heard of the issue. Do that both the front and rear and grease it up.
>>
So this thing is nice.
I've put 70+ km in like a week or so.
Custom firmware is a must though. SHFW is good, as I can set current or speed based throttle control.
I've settled on 22A and 15A.
22A is snappy, but kills battery fast, and 15A is slow 15-20 km/h ride, but calm and "it is good weather outside no need to hurry" types of ride.

Ninebot ES2 is a weird thing. At first glance chink didn't know what the fuck they are doing as it rides like shit, but if you start checking every park of the scooter without considering whole picture, it is pretty good engineering.
Battery - has smart BMS (no comparator bullshit, balances battery all the time with small current). BMS can report battery cell voltage, current, temperature.
Controller - FOC control. Regen current is <2A which doesn't kill battery (but is kinda pointless as most of energy is dissipated on controller and windings)

This makes me wonder, what did they change in E22 and E25 models.
>>
>>1841729
Get an EUC instead.
>>
>>1847875
Cause he's too obese to ride one, so all that's left is to cope and seethe.
>>
>>1855219
The controller on the E series has a high failure rate for some reason. The steering stem tube also can snap clean off near the headset. Hopefully you're fully geared when riding with a full face helmet and pads because if the controller kicks the bucket or the tube breaks while you're riding you're going to eat shit hard in both scenarios. Facebook market here has lots of E series with dead controllers that people are trying to get rid of and there's complaints all over online.
>>
File: Коллаж.jpg (318 KB, 1600x1600)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>1855286
>The controller on the E series has a high failure rate for some reason.
I am not sure about that. Ninebot and Xiaomi are just common as dirt.
But yes, there were issues with a low-voltage fuse in early board revisions. If you turn on the headlight, screen goes dim and throttle isn't as responsive.
Other thing that seems to burn controllers is regen (which is unfortunately retarded OOTB, where it doesn't let you freewheel and roll, instead it forces you to regen shit)
Oh, and obviously custom firmware.
>. The steering stem tube also can snap clean off near the headset.
Yes, but I'd say this is abuse. You're not supposed to apply any pressure to steering. If you can't steer with 1 finger - you're doing something wrong.
What is really weird is that it is not aluminum that breaks. I'd imagine steel machined part to be much stronger than steering stem.
>Hopefully you're fully geared when riding with a full face helmet
Well, I don't. But yeah, helmet would be nice, a full-face one, because from my past experience your nose and chin suffers the most. Also gloves.
> if the controller kicks the bucket
Nothing would really happen. I am kinda heavy, so chances of flying over steering bars are small. Even if all phases would get shorted (I even tested this as I never felt like there is enough brakes).
Driving on sand is more dangerous than controller cutting off. Today I nearly nose-dived again in exact same place I nose-dived 2-3 years ago on stock ES1. This time no, because SHFW has zero-start.
> or the tube breaks
This is the most scary one to be honest.
>. Facebook market here has lots of E series with dead controllers that people are trying to get rid of and there's complaints all over online.
Well, I think it is economically viable to get those, even if you won't be repairing controller and will just replace it.
Dunno. I thought I was buying trash, but I got a working scoot with all unnecessary shit already broken for me, so no need to break stuff.
>>
>>1855332
So, I figured that my battery is at least half-dead, but still managed to drive to furthest away shart mart, albeit slowly. SHFW is magical because it doesn't gimp power until scooter is completely dead.
Now.
Do they make baskets for e-scooters?
Because I've bought hot dog and french fries and like it was really awkward to drive and eat from the bag that was hung from steering bars. Not even mentioning the lack of cupholder, so i had to drink soda first, but luckily I didn't spill any
>>
File: lol.jpg (960 KB, 4160x3120)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>1855626
>>
I worry that I’m not fat enough for an electric scooter?
>>
>>1855658
E-scooters are for fat people
Thin people fly over the bars when they brake.
>>
>>1855658
>>1855663
escooters are not for fat people in fact they often have weight limits that would exclude the obese. To brake hard you lean back
>>
>>1855664
>e in fact they often have weight limits that would exclude the obese.
Dont care :D
>>
>>1855666
ok Satan as usual mad for no reason
>>
>>1855332
>Yes, but I'd say this is abuse. You're not supposed to apply any pressure to steering. If you can't steer with 1 finger
How else are you supposed to not get destroyed by potholes and curbs if you're not allowed to yank back on the handle to lift the front wheel up?
>>
>>1855714
Let's read the manual. Yes, this might sound controversial as manuals are usually read when shit is fucked.
It says that you're not supposed to do that.
You should get good at evaluating size of pothole/curb and figuring out proper speed to climb it, and if curb is big - don't fucking do BMX style hops, just stop to like 10 km/h, and use your foot to put weight on ground, and then lift scooter itself via handlebars and then stand back and accelerate.
If you have to jump curbs - you are doing smth wrong in so many levels. First, it is a bad idea to scoot on crosswalks, and drivers are retarded enough to not notice grandmas, and you're going 20 km/h. Second is that you're just causing unnecessary stress on all components. Third is that 1 second saved might result in accident and broken nose if for some reason you failed to judge shit properly
>>
>>1855332
That's not where the steering tube usually breaks on the ES series. It usually breaks right at the second screw because the holes create a weak point and the steering column is just a thinly walled aluminum tube with no inner reinforcements. The early generations of the Zero 10x also had the same exact issue and shit design, and they had to scrap it when people went flying forward on normal commutes. The Kaabo mantis early designs also used thinly walled aluminum tubes which snapped and they ended up using solid aluminum rods with the middle milled out in the end for weight loss and structural reinforcement. New Ninebot scooters don't use that shit design for a good reason.
>>
File: 1656955149762.jpg (790 KB, 1440x1920)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
>>1855722
No one gives a flying fuck.
If a vehicle can't perform in its role without falling apart if you don't treat it like your grandma's porcelain teapot, it's not fit for purpose.
Even the use of purpose built bicycle infrastructure often features having to deal dips, potholes and curbs of various sizes.
>>
>>1855726
that scooter was really not the best choice for driving over shit like this
>>
>>1855724
> It usually breaks right at the second screw because the holes create a weak point
This spot? I think it breaks because you're constantly tightening those screws. They should have included weird-shaped washer on the other side too.
> is just a thinly walled aluminum tube with no inner reinforcements.
It is quite thick compared to stuff like E-TWOW where it never happens because they are using more conventional clamping.
>New Ninebot scooters don't use that shit design for a good reason.
Ninebot E22/E25 use exact same design.
>>1855726
What you're suggesting is taking a twingo and going full off-road.
Ninebot ES2 can handle some bumps and jumps, but it is not meant to do that.
>>1855727
It will drive perfectly fine over that. Main issues are deep pothole and high curbs. Oh, and water.
It can even drive on compacted mud/sand mix with grass. But again, if you jump off and on curbs - you will break something, maybe not even just scooter, but also an arm and a leg. Just not meant for this.
>>
>>1855730
Found photo
>>
>>1855730
>>1855732
That's not the way it usually breaks. That's a crack. It usually snaps clean off horizontally causing accidents to people who don't even take the thing apart. The entire E series are old, outdated pieces of shit. I said new Ninebot models.
>>
File: 14wuds3.jpg (434 KB, 2000x1125)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>1855765
> who don't even take the thing apart.
That might be the issue too, because as I said those bolts get loosen due to shit design really. And this leads to play in that thing which turns entire thing into 1 meter lever.

> The entire E series are old, outdated pieces of shit. I said new Ninebot models.
They don't seem to make any newer portable (<13 kg and foldable) stuff. Rest is kinda bigger, and they seem to use M365-style folding stuff, which dunno, not portable in my opinion.
Still. I think snapping shit in half is a result of an abuse.

Also I was wrong about E-TWOW, people have managed to break those too.
I guess it is impossible to have abuse-proof and lightweight portable stuff. Even though forum post says "I dindu", I know that faggot was jumping :D

Idk, I really want to make my own frame for e-scoot out of steel and plywood, problem is that idk how the fuck do I go around with pretty much everything. Steering? Where the fuck do I get such dies. Suspension? Where the fuck do I get springs and pipes that fit into each other. Folding is probably the only part I kinda figured out, just 2 bolts, one is with wingnut, and other is just normal with bunch of washers, and steel piece with two holes so you can put your bolt through it and fix the shit.
>>
>>1855726
honestly I can't tell if someone defending trash like the es1/es2 is serious or shitposting
>>
>>1855847
ES1/ES2 is trash. But not as shit as ppl make it look like.
>>
Fuck me, I bought another ES2, new this time.
FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
>>1855926
Why do you scooter guys keep buying really cheap junk? Get a DualTron or something
>>
>>1855927
not that anon but dualtrons are also kind of shit. nearly every single dualtron owner that i've encountered has had buyer's regret because of constant issues with the stem, creaking throughout the entire scooter, or flex issues with the steam making it feel unsafe. no matter how much they tried to grease and tighten the problem areas it keeps on coming back. the electronics are solid but the rest of the scooter is garbage. their (structural) designs are years behind in the industry because they don't try to innovate and keep on pumping out the same looking rickety and creaky overpriced shit. you can hear a dualtron coming from over a block away with how much noise the frame makes. titan scooters are proving to be more reliable and quality these days.
>>
>>1855928
Dualtrons at least wont fall apart and I hear you can just grease all the creaky shit. PEVs are all kinda shit anyway because they're chink shit. At least dualtrons will actually last a long time. Same with a few other brands
>>
>>1855930
they will fall apart on you because the frame and stem is built the same as any other scooter and a lot of the parts are still sourced from china and the creaks come back fast. i've taken apart two different types already. in fact, the stem design is the same as the blade, zero, and kaabo scooters. also the manual recommends that you replace every single critical part every 1000 miles.
the worst part about dualtrons in ride quality is the fact that the steering tube height is so short that the handlebars literally ride below your dick. i don't know if the average korean is that short but it feels so unsafe that people need to spend big bucks out of box just to raise the stem a little bit with a riser and it still too short. i'm only 6 feet even and it's that short.
>>
File: 13.png (90 KB, 624x654)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
Xiaomis just fucking work. 1800 kilometres driven in every weather condition, including days when it's -30 degrees Celsius, with zero issues.
They also give you convenient access to everything for super easy maintenance, should you need it, and the internet is full of spare parts.
Can't really say the same about most other escooters.
>>
>>1855927
Dualtron is a glorious kickscooter, it have a problem, too: expensive, doesn't fit in full subway train if it rains, and Jew.
>>1855928
> constant issues with the stem, creaking throughout the entire scooter, or flex issues with the steam making it feel unsafe.
Here is a thing. ES2 goes up to 30 km/h. Feels sketchy going above 25 km/h.
If something happens at 30 km/h, it would be much less serious than if something bad happens on dualtron.
Other thing is that dualtron is going at moped speeds, but lacks equipment mopeds usually have, like hydraulic brakes or tires of appropriate size. I'd rather get a driving license and sell my soul to tax department and get a moped (possibly electric, but more likely gasol...-benzine :D) than deal with e-scooter at 60 km/h.

>no matter how much they tried to grease and tighten the problem areas it keeps on coming back.
>>1855930
>Dualtrons at least wont fall apart and I hear you can just grease all the creaky shit
I've been into PEVs long enough. This is some sort of special Olympics at this point.
In the E-TWOW days people were constantly machining bushings, making various PTFE inserts and shit still had fuckton of play everywhere and sounded like soviet tram going over rails that weren't maintained since soviet union collapse.
Same happened with ES2, but not as much. All those various shits, rear shock inserts out of brass or PTFE, front suspension insert with 3 degree angle so it counteracts shitty build quality where steering bars are not aligned with wheel.... And sound of ES2 is like that soviet tram but also it has an empty metal trashcan inside.

So yeah, I gave up on making shit squeak-free. I just make sure that it won't fall apart on next bump.
>>1855934
>they will fall apart on you because the frame and stem is built the same as any other scooter and a lot of the parts are still sourced from china and the creaks come back fast.
I think all e-scooters come from china for some reason
>>
>>1855949
Yep. Xiaomi, ES2, E-TWOW - they are what e-scooters should be.
Small lil vehicle to replace last-mile walking or bus.
You can choose between small 8 inch solid rubber and 8.5 air-filled. Maybe 9 inch wheels. Depends if you need portability or comfort.
Speed up to 30 km/h is plenty for the task. EU regulation (25km/h) is kinda on low side, and German regulation is absolutely hilarious. 20 km/h? lol
Torque is much more important than speed.

Benefits of Xiaomi and ES2 is that they were rental at some point and there are fuckton of third-party parts being made.
E-TWOW is a little bit different in this regard, but it has enough parts interchangeable with Oxelo kick scooter. And there are chinese clones are being made, but overall I think you're easier of finding Xiaomi parts.

I just don't get why would you want a kick scooter go above 30 km/h. It is scary. And portability is still not that great, basically only fits in trunk of a car, but if you have car - you don't have last mile issue. So if portability is kinda useless, why not get a much bigger tires and make it actually safe to use with proper time-tested motorcycle components?

If portability is not a priority - ebike is a much better option. Because yes, it goes maybe a bit faster than escoot, but it has bigger tires which are generally more safe, and pedal assist is much more intuitive than kicking and keeping hand on throttle

>1800 km
this is nothing really. I've put like 100 km in 2 weeks on my half-broken ES1.5 . It would mean I'd put 1800 km in just under half a year or so.
But I think there are xiaomis with over 10 000 km.
>>
>>1855955
>I just don't get why would you want a kick scooter go above 30 km/h
I've got a Niu KQi2 Pro and the thing feels so stable that I feel I could comfortably do 40 km/h on these long and straight bicycle paths that have significant stretches with no junctions.
>>
>>1855957
Well, 30 km/h is just an arbitrary number.
Most experience I had is with 8 inch scooters.
Some ride better (e-twow), some ride like shit (ninebot es). E-TWOW could go to 35 km/h or so, and I was always going 30 km/h so 30km/h.

Obviously with bigger wheels highers speeds are possible. Question is, should you? Do you wear proper clothing, helmet, etc? With 25 km/h fall down it is not that serious. But at 40 km/h you'd have to dissipate 2.5 times more energy somehow.
Wheels are still kinda small. Mopeds have proper long-travel suspension. Bicycles have big tires.
I don't know. Market thinks yes apparently, faster harder bigger scooter is the way to go. There are much more bigger and faster scooters to choose from. I guess I just don't understand something, but for me it is 8 inch memes.

Other thing is that I didn't really give a fuck about scooters since 2018 or so. In 4 years so much things have changed it seems.
>>
On escooters, do you guys ride with your backpacks on your back or do you attach them to your handlebar stem?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.