[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1659166151317975m.jpg (120 KB, 1024x920)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
The company FluxJet just defrauded the Canadian government for 550.000.000 Dollars. Pretty Based if you ask me.
>>
>>1832716
Sounds like literally every 'new green technology' out there, what makes this unique?
>>
>two more weeks until automated space communism
>>
File: hyberloob.gif (72 KB, 498x278)
72 KB
72 KB GIF
ebin :D
>>
>>1832716
Why do they still fall for this
>>
source? if this is real I am so fucking mad, I heard nothing about this, at least it's "only" 550 mil but fuck. if our governent fell for some fucking elon musk bullshit instead of just building proper high speed rail I will shit myself, fuck these grifters and fuck the retarded boomers who run governments (as well as the people who run local councils that fall for this because it's shiny)
>>
>>1832716
>Earlier this year, Tranpod confirmed $550 million US in private-sector financing for the project

>TransPod is using all private investment for the transportation system, which is expected to be completed in Alberta by 2035.
>>
>>1832716
>>1832726
>>1833337
>>1833341
>>1833344
>>1833344
These companies work by making "extremely generous" proposals where they would allegedly build the entire stuff with "their money" and only get paid after 30 years,. Because they are not a real company, the government doesn't need to pay anything, but now they can scam investors by showing a legally binding half billion dollar government contract.

By the way with this money they could only build about 50 meters of High Speed Rail, assuming European costs.
>>
>>1835145
>assuming European costs

I have master plan to reduce European cost. Here is how it is done
>put in big camp all the neet, immigrants, jobless master graduates, asylum seekers
>shackle them all together, make them build and maintain roads and parks
>salary is your daily food
>unemployment now zero
>no more shady people in train station
>also roads aren't shit anymore

Simple as.
Its not slavery you live in a community
>>
>>1835145
They also start shit, get a ton of people employed in some cockamamie scheme, run out of funds 5% in but because its in hundreds of millions they say, look we already spent this much, we just need the govt to give us tax money now to complete and everyone will win!
So they just loop governments to make people give tax money to these scams because the politicians benefit from kickbacks or campaign financing, etc
IE sunk cost fallacy bullshit, too big to fail
>>
Why do progressives hate this idea so much?
>>
>>1835684
people with brains hate the idea because it's made up investor bullshit that doesn't work and is stupid as fuck and reinvents the wheel for no reason.
>>
>>1835686
Can I get a real answer instead of onions noises?
>>
>>1835694
When you do the math and also just think about it practically it just doesn't make sense. Making a miles long vacuum chamber would take a monstrous amount of energy and is probably impossible with current technology because you would invariably have tiny leaks that all add up.
Also if there's a fire in your pod how are you supposed to get out? It would take an insane amount or R&D to solve these problems when you could just build HSR or just take a plane
>>
>>1835684
We care about cost-efficency
>>
File: 1326520373001.jpg (69 KB, 842x737)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1835723
If that was true public transit would be self sufficient.
>>
>>1835152
id rather not copy USA
>>
>>1835684
because "progressives" know it doesn't work?
no hyperloop system has been built
no practical prototype created
not even a sound plan for the thing written
and yet retards are screaming "future is now" while trying to blow elon musk's dick (who dropped the hyperloop idea after realising it's retarded and moved to slightly less retarded "pods")
>>
>>1835145
>50 meters of High Speed Rail
generous estimate
>>
>>1835684
Hyperloops are a running gag at engineering schools m8. Nothing to do with progressiveness. If anything it could be called a conservative value to invest into sound projects only.
>>
>>1835152
In most of these movies the oppressed classes start a revolution though. The proletarian class united by a clear enemy is Marx' dream come true.
>>
>>1838290
hasn't happened in the gulf states yet, even though they are basically doing this
>>
File: 1649145975303.png (9 KB, 644x800)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
we will never have HSR in this country. it's over.
>>
>>1835178
No that's your paranoia coming on.

When private companies tried to start infrastructure projects and didn't had the money, all got abandoned, and some you can still visit the ruins (French Aerotrain, Transrapid, M-Bahn, etc etc). One or Two years in the future Elon Musk's car tunnel in Vegas will be in the list too.

State created projects, like Crossrail, HS1 and 2 and CAHSR are different, of course, and after these bankruptcies France and Germany decided to make their own public projects anyway.
>>
File: images.jpg (46 KB, 683x449)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Also the article is from a RV website. More chance of being a paid ad than an actual thing.
>>
>>1832726
It's the same scam with more buzzwords
>>
>>1838343
Repeat after me:
>HSR is a meme that 90% of the people are going to use twice a year
>>
>>1838478
thats 190.000 daily riders for CAHSR
>>
>>1838478
it's a train
it's going to get riders unless it's gimped with some retarded policy
>>
>>1838478
people use the quebec city-windsor trains frequently and those suck ass

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.