[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why do road bikers hate E-Bikers?

I’ve been talked to by two karens on the trail now in full spandex.
>>
E-bikes are almost exclusively ridden by well-tp-do bike noobs who find that fifty kilometers is a long distance.
>>
>>1818283
Extremely fat poster detected
>>
>>1818284
This makes no sense roadies, have way more expensive gear.
>>
>>1818283
Theyre slow
>>
Were the karens the e bikers or the road bikers
>>
>>1818306
Road bikers.
>>
File: dtofuy.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1818283
>on a leisurely cruise in full electric mode on my unrestricted 2 kw e-bike
>catch up to a full lycra clad fred huffing and puffing to maintain like 30
>overtake him and wait for a narrow spot
>gradually brake to make the fred almost stop
>demonstratively shoot off into the distance on pure electric power while fred takes another minute and more huffing and puffing to get up to speed
fuck leg day fags, future is now
motorlets should know their place
>>
>>1818283
>that picture
they aren't road cyclists, they're filthy gravel "cyclists" who wear unwashed flannel shirts and probably dick each other down at the cafe after every ride. just look at those *gasp* flared drops and fork clearances! absolutely revolting. a true frèd would never let his steed touch mud either. did I mention gravel "cyclists" are filthy and disgusting and they probably smell?
>>
>>1818311
>mfw over 2kw tracchad legs
>130lb human
>15lb bike
good luck, I dust you for like 20 seconds before running out of steam
>>
>>1818315
>I can beat you for only 20 seconds!

Fucking cringe roadie.
>>
File: scootermann-640x404.jpg (52 KB, 640x404)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1818283
Because cycling is an exercise. You wanna move without exerting yourself get a fucking walmart shartmobile, pic related
>>
>>1818317
can someone explain to a non-american why you have so many people who just brazenly shit themselves in the supermarket and then go about their day as if nothing happened with shit trickling down their legs? Is it a cultural thing where shitting your pants is acceptable? do you piss yourselves too?
>>
>>1818324
Americans just shit where they are. The concepts of sanitation are confusing to them
>>
>>1818324
>you
I'm German, buddy
>>
>>1818283
Because you are riding a bicycle meant to be enjoyed by the elderly and the sick people who cannot put at least 100 watts on their pedals.

Its like you using an electric wheelchair because you dont want to bother to walk even if you can. You are pathetic.
>>
>>1818329
Nah, I did long distance and interstate on my road bike. I converted that shit to an e-bike and never looked back.

I had to go through a bunch of hills on the loop, now I can pedal through them faster and my trip is much shorter.

We’re talking about a 7 hour trip before the e bike.
>>
e-bikes are fine. if people are talking down to you about them the problem is theirs, including the niggers in this thread. you can't let yourself get bent out of shape just because some random asshole has an unwanted opinion they decided to share with you, it's going to happen and you apparently being the seasoned cyclist you claim to be have yet to realise this. pointless thread, shit discussion. just enjoy your e-bike and stop letting fat and slow lycra lesbians and their homosexual male counterparts get inside your head.
>>
>>1818316
enough time to get to the next stoplight before you, slowpoke
>>
>>1818311
Numbers confirm right way.
>>
>>1818328
ok fritz, it wasn't necessarily directed at (You), I was asking the amerisharts.
>>
File: 1652830855509.png (304 KB, 579x505)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>1818336
If you're going on the interstate there's no way you aren't running out of juice 30 minutes into your trip. Then you just have an extra 20 pounds of dead weight. That's retarded.
>>
>>1818284
he says on a $10k Cannondale
>>
>>1818315
>he thinks 2kw is a lot
>>
>>1818366
I’m using backroads and routes for my path. I also have a large battery and i’m on peddle assist 2/3 for most of it. I don’t use throttle.

But the E-bike lets me carry my groups gear without it being a burden.
>>
There's an older guy here who sold off his collection of full carbon Di2 bikes and bought electric road bikes, gravels bikes and fat bikes so he can keep up with the youngsters on group rides.
>>
File: fat.png (86 KB, 869x475)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>1818324
because they take a supplement that makes them not absorb fat. You're not supposed to eat a ton of fatty shit on this but they do anyway. It then leaks out of their asshole without them even knowing. Now in all fairness I've never actually seen this happen in real life.
Now don't worry euros you're catching up.
>>
>>1818369
you should look into sticking some solar on it
>>
>>1818329
>bicycle meant to be enjoyed by the elderly
actually it's meant for whatever I want
>>
>>1818311
>he doesn't know girls love thick, shaved, cyclist legs
lmao
>>
>>1818372

Terryfing, really
>>
>>1818283
Ebikers don't follow the rules and cause trouble. Lots of near misses or full blown crashes because they can't control their machine.
>>
>>1818340
Based.
Bought my first e bike a week ago and love it to bits.
I also drive a 5k roadie but theres something about a e-mtb thats really great. Uphills now make fun too and not only the descent.
>>
>>1818283
European style ebikes (25kmh max assist) are really slow. Here (Germany) they are mostly ridden by people who can't ride for shit.
These riders are not fit and can't ride, what a nice combination.
For commuting they are nice altough only if you are running these things in fun mode without the limiter.
>>
>>1818427
This, I think ebikes make sense with european regulations. They are mostly used by commuters or people who dont want to climb with mtb (I think doing a technical climb is more difficult than going downhill anyway)
>>
>>1818448
Those are fine it's the deregulated 30+ mph rednecks that make it suck.
>>
>>1818415
>spend 5k on road bike
>too fat to pedal mtb up hill
How’s SF treating you?
>>
File: 1640101280736.png (378 KB, 1190x751)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>>1818283
If you want to ride something with a motor that's fine, but get something with an actual good one like, for example, a dirt bike or 4 wheeler or (god forbid) car and embrace your laziness instead of riding a slow fake bike to try and make everyone think you're still exercising.

The game seems to be to exploit legal loopholes to dodge traffic (or suspended licenses) and 'drive' to work on the relatively open bike paths. Once it gets popular enough the effectively unregulated bike paths will become an even bigger shitshow than the roads.

>>1818324
Yuros seething about a tiny amount of walmart trash with severe, mostly-self-inflicted medical problems to help them cope with their own systemic inferiority.
>>
File: IMG20220505211627 (2).jpg (1.14 MB, 3008x2875)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>1818448
>ebikes make sense with european regulations
Did you forget a "don't" from there or what the fuck is your problem?

>>1818452
I'll make you suck mine, faggot
>>
>>1818535
Ebikes make sense in a world where the ecofascist government actively tries to make the lives of people wanting to participate in other, much better forms of motorized transportation a nightmare.
>>
>>1818535
It seems like you really want a motorbike, but also think you're too special to just get a licence and that riding a BSO with chinkshit bolted to it is "sticking it to the man". grow up.
>>
>>1818535
based bbshd enjoyer
52v? what size chainring?
>>
>>1818539
stay mad faggot
>>
>>1818452
everyone should be a 30mph redneck
>>
>>1818547
Only on the road they shouldn't do it on shared trails.
>>
>>1818557
I think you should just pass people responsibly. I don't care how fast you go as long as you don't blow by people
>>
>>1818534
>try and make everyone think you're still exercising.
Imagine thinking everyones ego is this big.
>slow fake bike
even the shittiest ones go 30mph how is that slow?
>>
>>1818283
Because people are incapable of enjoying anything without feeling like they're superior to someone else. Your only allowed to have fun THEIR WAY.
>>
>>1818567
30mph is only "fast" to someone with no other options besides walking and the bus.
>>
>>1818366
Not Interstate with a capital "I", but interstate as in 'moving between multiple states'.
>>
>>1818576
were talking about bicycles weirdo
>>
>>1818578
Literally everything with a motor that isn't manufactured by Hot Wheels is fast compared to a bicycle.
>>
>>1818314
cleaning the bike sucks after going into rain or mud so i don't want to on the regular atleast
>immediately clean and relube the chain or it starts rusting
>clean the disc rotors again because there's grime on it
>>
if someone bothers you just tell them you're paralyzed
>>
>>1818283
Bikefags don’t like being reminded how retardedly slow bikes are.
>>
>>1818415
>I also drive a 5k roadie but theres something about a e-mtb thats really great. Uphills now make fun too and not only the descent.

you're not really a roadie if riding up hills wasn't already your favorite part of riding
>>
>>1818283
>ppl called out as elite snobs are in fact elite snobs
first time?
>>
>>1818539
Get fucked faggot, I've been riding a 600cc for 4 years and still don't have my loicense because I don't feel like it. What are you gonna do about it little man?
>>
Judging from what I've heard from friends of mine who live in Vancouver (where everyone rides bikes everywhere), e-bikes get a bad rep because a substantial percentage of their users don't know how to ride bicycles, don't know how they handle, don't know how to behave around other bicycles, and don't know how to behave as a bicycle around cars. The weight of their bikes, coupled with their inexperience, and with the easily-accessible speed leads to a lot of rookie crashes in cringe ways. Basically the equivalent of a teen who just got their driving learner's license hitting the road in rush hour traffic in a Lamborghini.
That's why roadies tend to not like e-bikes.

Of course not everyone is like that and e-bikes are pretty dope (especially deregulated chads) and it's a net positive to have more people on alternative means of commuting, but it's to be expected that you will run into butthurt karens because of their negative view on a new trend.

Let's try to get along.
>>
>>1818605
Not 30°-45° technical uphills.
Its just way more fun blasting up there with 20mph.
>>
>>1818651
>black man on 4chan
Rare desu especially on this board. Welcome! Please try to be more polite than you are used to.
>>
>>1818710
>the hardest climb in the alps are at most in the worse sections 25%

So what is this place were you have worse climb than old alpine road made to be climbed by horses and soldiers?
>>
Lycrafags (or "serious cyclists", as they like to think of themselves) are a retarded closed minded bunch that seethes at any form of cycling that's in any way different from their own. Usually they're so clueless that they don't even understand what exactly they're hating against, a great example is comparing ebikes to motorcycles, or saying that they aren't exercise. This makes zero sense, as anyone who knows anything at all about how ebikes work will tell you, ebikes give you the exact same level of exercise as regular bikes, you just go faster for the same effort.
>>
>>1818733
I like e-bikes.
>ebikes give you the exact same level of exercise as regular bikes
theoretically yes but in reality no.
>>
>>1818710
>Not 30°-45° technical uphills.
those are the best

when your wheel is gonna slip if you stand but you've run out of gears and you have to suffer up it with extreme traction concentration that offroad climbing is awesome
>>
>>1818728
You have no idea
>>1818751
This guy gets it
>>
>>1818750
Lazy people don't want to pedal hard regardless, so I'm not sure if it makes a difference if they rode a regular bike, they'd just go really slow or walk instead. But either way, I assume people on this board don't need to be "forced" to exercise, if you have the self discipline to not just turn up the motor to the max every time you encounter a hill, you can get the same level of exercise on an ebike.
>>
>>1818767
>Off-road climbing supported by electric engine

Your poor and cannot buy a proper Motocross or trial motorbike now I understand
>>
File: poks poks.webm (1.2 MB, 352x640)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB WEBM
>>1818539
I have a motorbike, I also have two mopeds and a car. webm related, my old bike
>>
>>1818540
46 to a 42-11 9spd and yeah, 52v
>>
>>1818283
There are now more ebikes than real bikes on my local trails. Aside from fatties and old people zipping around at ludicrous speeds, they simply aren't familiar with the customs and courtesies of riding in general. Also, I find them soft -but that is just me and nobody has to actually prove how HARD they are on a bike.
>>
>>1818846
Gas yourself.
>>
File: irritated.png (23 KB, 568x548)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1818853
You are like a little baby :)
>>
>>1818854
Gas yourself again, first time didn't work.
>>
File: Spandex.jpg (80 KB, 691x700)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1818855
>Gas yourself again, first time didn't work.
>>
>>1818448
>I think doing a technical climb is more difficult than going downhill anyway
They are but they don't make EXTREME BIG AIR
>>
lycra fags are people who got tricked into buying race shit when they arnt racing so people who can go faster than them with less effort enrages and confuses them
>>
>>1818535
>crashes without helmet and dies

Ok wannabe poor tier motorcyclist.
>>
>>1818846

The virgin Ebike cheater vs The chad motorbike brapper.
>>
>>1818889
Lycra is comfy and eliminates chafe, you should try it
>>
>>1818906
>wearing plastic
no
>>
File: oikeesti.jpg (62 KB, 914x786)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1818900
>>1818901
Hey faggots, focus, I have both
>>
I just hate fat people and boomers which make up the majority of ebikers
>>
File: dragon ball hmmm.png (138 KB, 403x340)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>1818311
>huffing and puffing to maintain 30
is 30 to maintain really that hard ? my record on 10km was 36.5km/h average without having to stop for light
>>
>>1818847
You should try a lekkie 42t

>>1818859
>/n/s face when they see me rollin

>>1818889
I like to wear bib shorts while riding my 1500w ebike :3
>>
File: TF2 Boomer Engineer.jpg (62 KB, 733x627)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1818340
>e-bikes are fine
of course they are, whenever i see one its a personal challenge to overtake them cause they're going on easy mode, and that's the bueaty of it cause it motivates me to go even faster than a casual john that like to stroll without a sweat, i cant recall the last time e-bike was faster than me, and im not trying to fucking bulshitt here, i really cant recall it
>>
>>1818889
"It's faster than a bicycle" is a really really fucking low bar for a motorized vehicle to clear. Any used motorcycle (that's probably cheaper than your copecycle, btw) can go literally 5 times faster than you.
>>
File: 6f52739625c7fac6.jpg (16 KB, 461x439)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1818935
I guess you haven't had the pleasure of trying against a BBSHD, I would buy you a beer (or whatever you thunder thighs drink) if you could keep up with one.
>>
>>1818283
Karens gonna Karen.
>>
>>1818906
i dont get chafing in the first place, if I do do long rides I just wear a chamois thats made to go under some shorts
>>1818933
I think he meant mph
>>
Road cyclists can't conceptualize the idea of bike riding being a thing done for fun, because it's something they do only out of some puritanical masochistic way to prove their worth to the universe for enduring shitty experiences, and to fit in with their upper middle class Patagonia wearing acquaintances. If road cycling became a low status white redneck activity, even most of the fanatical century riders would move onto jogging and never get on a bike again.
>>
>>1818906
If I'm on a bike, I'm usually going somewhere. And if I want to be somewhere, I don't want to be in lycra.
>>
>>1818973
Dyel
>>
>>1819243
Of course not Fred, I do cardio
>>
>>1818973
They would move onto this
>>
>>1818589
ok gravel "cyclist", very cool!
>>
>>1819293
gravel? thats just from the rain and wet grime on road
>>
>>1818283
At least half of e-bike riders I see are clearly unskilled at riding even a normal bike. Then they get on something that is big, heavy, has big heavy wheels and tires, is harder to control, and goes fast. Then they go ride them on the same one-car-width-wide paths that normal cyclists ride on. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>1818283
They hate us cuz they ain't us
>>
>>1818329
/thread
Athletes despise the weak.
>>
>>1818973
hey, i ride a road-ish bike and i wear patagonia because i'm a greenie wanker, don't lump me in with them!
>>
>>1818973
>low status redneck activity
>cycling

Should I tell you that cycling is a sport for the masses here in europe or that would shatter your small pea hipster brain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY37tOpUj0A
>>
File: 1641926163814.png (1.56 MB, 963x760)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>1819693
>>
>>1819659
Athletes are fine with weak people doing the best they can, such as 80 year olds riding $10k ebikes on popular bike routes, which I see often.

A 30 year old on an e-bike wearing a parka when it's 80 degrees out is not doing the best they can, luckily that seems to have fallen out of favor as people like that dropped e-bikes when they became the default vehicle of poor people. The new thing (not so new anymore, but the current default at least for neckbeards) is EUCs and electric scooters.

>>1819694
At least half the lycra louts I see are hispanic or black, the "cycling is white" meme is about political cyclists, the people who post tiktoks of themselves arguing with drivers and vandalizing parked cars and follow Doug Gordon and Whatsername Buttercup on twatter. Roadie culture is definitely not "unbearably white" except maybe in Utah or somewhere that there are actually only white people regardless of the subculture.
>>
>>1819720
>Roadie culture is definitely not "unbearably white"

Then why does Black Cycling Network have less than 1/1000th the subs as White Cycling Network?
>>
>>1818733
>This makes zero sense, as anyone who knows anything at all about how ebikes work will tell you, ebikes give you the exact same level of exercise as regular bikes, you just go faster for the same effort.

Not how shit works IRL. People have a predetermined mileage for their commute; they won't ride extra because they got there faster. Precisely because they are mire efficient, you get less exercise. Now, if you ride just for the sake of it, sure, that works. And, by the way, light roadbikes are the same. If calories are all that matters, I'd always lug a 35 lb steeler around.
>>
>>1819723
The fuck is "white cycling network", is that like White Industries' facebook group? I can't imagine why a facebook for black people in England barely has any subs compared to a well known company whose name happens to tickle some incel nazi's fancy
>>
File: 1650975852638.png (439 KB, 853x477)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>1819726
>The fuck is "white cycling network"
>>
>>1818317
>Because cycling is an exercise
Walking is exercise, too, but if people had the option, I think most wouldn't mind having a moving walkway take them to their destination faster.
>>
>>1818317
Bet the shartmobile has much higher build quality than your chinkshit ebike.
>>
>>1819732
lol hank's the best presenter
>>
>>1819723
>let's make everything about colour and then complain about it
really activates the neurons.
>>
>>1819732
is... is he having sex with hips bike?
>>
>>1819726
newfag
>>
I've been riding for a week and I already have disdain for the plebs. This fucker on a pretend motorcycle with tires thicker than his legs was just cruising in the middle of the path at what had to be less than 20km. Wasn't even holding the handlebars, just had his arms crossed over chest. I'm putting a big ass air horn on my bike.
>>
>>1821910
>just had his arms crossed over chest.
That was probably me, I like to feel my swole lats sometimes, but 700x32 really isn't that big and just because I was faster than you doesn't mean I was e-doping
>>
>>1821912
It was some skinny middle eastern looking dude who doesn't know what lats are. He was slow as shit and in the way.
>>
>>1821910
>path
>less than 20 km/h
I fail to see the issue. If you want to go fast, ride on the road. cycle paths are for everyone and you need to be considerate, fred.
>>
>>1822014
Fuck you, weakling.

I VILL pass you going more than 40km/h and there's nothing you can do about it, you can admire my full CARBON bike with DURA-ACE Di2 groupset which you'll never be able to afford.

Faggot.
>>
>>1822021
>I will zip past you
>You will admire
Pick one
>>
>>1822014
I live in Italy where people ride fast on the path and unless you were here for ww2 you don't hang out in the middle. Mohamad needs to acclimate to the culture and get the fuck out of the way.
>>
File: super.png (192 KB, 600x399)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
Don't care. I like my ebike. If those cyclistfags want me to run them over in a car instead of riding an ebike, they can keep bitching.
>>
>>1822021
hit the road, fred. the MUP literally isn't for you. (don't forget you're helmet.)
>>
>>1822033
If only they sold these without electronics
>>
>>1822038
I'm NOT helmet.
>>
>>1822021
you realize ebike can be like $10k right? I don't know how you cyclecels have this massive ego about spending money on a bicycle. How about you trying buying a car or a house? Nobody is impressed by a bike that looks the same as a walmart bike.
>>
>>1822052
How about you stop buying shit to impress people you don't even like?
>>
>>1822052
You'll never understand the massive ego because you're not even ashamed to let a motor pedal your bike for you.
>>
>>1822057
I don't it's just an example
>>1822077
Completely arbitrary metric of what's bad. I'm personally more interested in range for touring which will always be higher on an ebike regardless of fitness
>>
>>1822552
>Completely arbitrary metric of what's bad.
I told you that you wouldn't understand.
>>
Because being a roadie is about earning your watts. You earn your way into not getting dropped after you join a group, you earn your way into mid pack, it takes months at least usually.
I don't really hate them, I feel like I should but just knowing the motor is there corrects any ego slap they attempt. I got dropped by a fat boomer on a climb on an ebike. I just kept going at my pace. He knows the motor made it possible and so do I.
>>
>>1818283
I ride exclusively road and I love ebikers.

The few I see on the actual roads usually know what they are doing. They strike me as geezers who gave up riding road in their 50s and bought a class 3 ebike in their 60s.
>>
>>1822552
But it fucking won't work for touring. What don't you understand? You either build on of those autistic custom solar panel trailers or canopies, or you stop every couple of hours to charge. It's not feasable for touring.
>>
>>1819723
>>Roadie culture is definitely not "unbearably white"
You would see, that the majority of African Americans seem to have high interest in road cycling culture, if you were only to observe and acknowledge their overwhelming attraction to roadcycles over unlocked wallshart bikes
>>
>>1822052
Low-class mindset detected
>>1822077
This
>>
>>1818317
Absolutely retarded take, light exercise is still exercise.

>>1822693
Top kek, you roadies crack me up. Have you ever considered the possibility that some people just want to get from point A to point B? Not everything is a fucking race. Your egos are so fragile it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>1823510
>Have you ever considered the possibility that some people just want to get from point A to point B?
There are many ways to do that which don't involve putting pedals under your feet and pretending that you're like me. If you don't want to be treated like a poser then don't be a poser.
>>
File: 1656432666615.gif (2.95 MB, 270x333)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>1818733
>ebikes give you the exact same level of exercise as regular bikes, you just go faster for the same effort.
Congratulations. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
>>
File: 1603034746952.jpg (391 KB, 900x900)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>1818283
Everyone hates e-bikers, simple as.
>>
>>1819694
We've got plenty of black cyclists here in London. A lot of them seem to own the public rental bikes
>>
File: 1200px-Windautal.jpg (357 KB, 1200x900)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>live in nice austrian mountain valley
>only occasional hikers and proper cyclists used to come by
>sporty, well-educated, nice people
>mostly Austrians from the city or Bavarians, some Dutch

suddenly e-bikes hit and the roads have become accesible to fatsos

>huge influx of fat tourists
>continous rows of them come by my place in the summer
> unsporty, obnoxious people, unexperienced in riding a bike in insuitable attire, barely working out
> they look fucking retarded: lobsided helmets, saddle way too low, > spinning/grinding like a madman, fat tyres
>swerving too the middle of the road when they look behind them as they spot a car
>proper retard-fest

Yeah it's good for local tourism and I suppose more people cycling is a good thing but holy fuck this place is turning into mickey mouse fucking disneyland and i despise them with their fat-antics and their fat-children and their fat fucking disgusting lives

All the good places where one could get a schnapps with the local farmers and eat a good Tyrolean meal are either dying out or pandering to these people.
>>
>>1818283
I hate lazy fat people and I hate things that enable lazy fat people to escape the consequences of being lazy and fat
>>
>>1818733
>ebikes give you the exact same level of exercise as regular bikes, you just go faster for the same effort.
I actually tested this on my commute. When I switch off the motor on my ebike, average speed goes down by 1km/h and my wattage increases by a third.
>>
>>1823827
Damn, I didn't even know you could buy those.
>>
>>1823828
>inbred gorge shitter complains about outsiders watching him shit
>>
>>1818283
Because you ruin trails, are as dangerous to pedestrians as motorcycles, and any retard can buy one - instead of only people dedicated enough to deal with a little red tape, which filters a lot of idiots from motorcycles.
>>
>>1823691
>pretending that you're like me
No one gives a shit about you. Riding an electric bicycle is fun and that's why people do it.
>>
>>1824935
fat ebiker spotted
>>
My grandmother on an e bike still goes like 12kph. She goes the same speed as with her normal bike it's just less exhausting.
>>
>>1824952
It's fun because you cycle even though you're a pussy or because you can vroom vroom even groom you're retarded. You're either pretending to be a cyclist or pretending to be a motorcyclist which is even more rinky dink.
>>
>>1818283
Most of ebikers are fat fucks who would be better off with normal bike.
>>
>>1825160
they would never buy a normal bike
>>
File: lqb.jpg (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1825624
>>
>>1818324
Its drunk people and people with IBS. I shop at Walmart 5 times a week in the suburbs and its fine. Our shartcarts are filled with regular old people. I dont blame them walmarts in the burbs are huuuge and a 90 year old person is going to be sore walking a mile all over the store.
>>
>>1818371
I dont believe you. Every A group ride Ive ever done essentially has three rules: helmet required. No ebikes. No tribars.
>>
>>1818605
How can you not love a long slow -1% decline. You feel like a bird or a plane about ready to liftoff, in the drops in biggie smalls pumping away.

Climbs and steep descending is less fun long declines are best fite me fagor
>>
>>1818973
Lol look at this guy who doesn't realize we are kinetic animals- the peak of 2 million years of hominid evolution. The bicycle, swimming and your dreaded jogging make us feel alive.

Ebikes are fine enjoy it. But dont slur your fellow 2 wheel bros who live to ride and use the human motor.
>>
>>1819694
Idk if I dont want to ride with people who are under 50 and dont suck I ride with my shops group ride or ride with the brothers of the Major Taylor Cycling club. All the older riders are too slow and bossy. They waste the flats and get squirrely if you ride 2 abreast.
>>
>>1818372
women should lose some weight!!
>>
>>1818372
How is not absorbing the most nutritious substance on the planet and consequentially not having the means to maintain an athletic and calorie intensive physiology supposed to facilitate weight loss? The fucken retards wager. Either you starve yourself into skinny fat mode or you walk around covered in shit grease. Then you lecture people who actually look and perform well about red meat consumption.
>>
>>1826222
>the ketolard has arrived
>>
>>1826308
A) what makes you think I don't eat carbs?
B) You're skinnyfat aren't you?
>>
File: just saiyan.jpg (265 KB, 450x600)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>1818315
>130lb human
I can lift you over my head for 10 reps for sets of 5
And I can use my ebike to get ahead, hit the brakes in front of you, and then zip off at instant full speed
If you weigh less than 200lbs you are not a man, just a child, or worse, a woman
>>
File: 1588394266271.png (1.38 MB, 1062x1438)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>1827558
you sound obese
>>
>>1818283

cause most of em are normies who havent ridden a bike since they were a kid
>>
>>1818329
This.
There is no reason to buy an e-bike if you're not old and/or handicapped.
For the same price, you could get a scooter which is faster and allowed on highways.
Cycling is all about surpassing and bettering yourself. There's no such thing when there's a motor doing the work for you
>>
>>1828256
>For the same price, you could get a scooter which is faster and allowed on highways.
Where the fuck do you allow scooters on the highway?

Also, scooters are more expensive, incur road tax, require liability insurance, require registration, are more of a hassle to park, can't ride on bike paths and so on.
>>
>>1828286
I don't know in what country you live, but in mine scooters are allowed on the highway.
You can buy them for the same price as e-bikes and they're faster and you can store things in them, and since my legs work fine I see no reason why I should waste 1+ months of salary on an e-bike, I have never felt the need for it.
My grandmother and great uncle and his wife have e-bikes and it doesn't feel fun riding them. I commute using a hybrid and cycle using a road bike and I prefer both over it.
>>
>>1828256
>Cycling is all about surpassing and bettering yourself

Imagine being this much of a clueless Fred fag. bicycles weren't invented so middle age try-hards could post strava stats on their day off from the office. They were invented so people could get around easily, and ebikes are the continuation of that purpose. Your poisonous Calvinist mentality is a fucking cancer to cycling and humanity as a whole. Please find something better to base your identity on.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (276 KB, 1400x525)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>1828322
What part of
>For the same price, you could get a scooter which is faster and allowed on highways.

Didnt you understand?

Look again at picrel to see what your glorious comunist shithole minions are riding currently to commute to their sweatshops.
Thy dont even have pedals. They dont want them.

Ebikes are catering to the average idiot who wants to have the same performance of a trained athelte so that they can larp better.
>>
>>1828288
>I don't know in what country you live, but in mine scooters are allowed on the highway.
They're definitely not allowed to go on the highway in Finland, since they top out at 45 km/h and highways go up to 120 km/h.
>>
>>1828322
The first tour de France happened in 1903, and road bikes are specifically made for speed.
Dynamite was originally invented to clear mines for minors, but was then taken by the army to kill people.
What you make something for doesn't matter, it's what you use it for.
>>
>>1818336
I feel you anon, I'm doing some bikepacking trips on a normal bike and I'm planning on buying a BBSHD to convert my bike and be able to haul a ton of luxurious gear to make my trips so much comfier and more enjoyable.
>>
>>1828322
holy based and checked
>>
>>1818315
Yeah I doubt you're going to be able to top over two horsepower even the best cyclist can't do anything over 400 watts equivalent.
>>
>>1818324
No it's not and I've never seen it happen.
>>
I have a friend who doesn't ride any bike at all somehow already has a seething hatred of ebikes.
>>
>>1830290
based
>>
>>1818733
Partially true. eBike exercise depends on the rider. Low PAS and pressing hard is great exercise. High PAS or just buzzing around with the throttle is almost no exercise and a quickly draining battery.

I love my eBike.
>>
File: file.png (1.75 MB, 1128x750)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>1828322
kek, I love it when the dumbasses from numtot show their faces around and post very cherrypicked examples of their made-up reality. Ebikes are for fat people, simple as.
>>
>>1818283
Bicyclists and E-Bicyclists, philosophically speaking, have nothing in common.

When I think of the joys of bicycling I think of the runners high, the physical exertion, knowing I am getting to my destination using my own muscular power, I feel accomplished when I reach the top of a steep hill, it's all very good for your mental health.

E-Bicyclists just think "Twist throttle. Go vroom. Hills easy. Eat cheeseburger."

A bicycle and an e-bicycle might appear similar, but I think that the way the human mind interfaces with the conveyance is entirely, completely different.
>>
>>1818324
This is like me asking if bongs really wear top hats and monocles and get to work by opening an umbrella and flying off. That's like 0.00005% of the population, it's the same thing with martsharters.
>>
>>1818283
Poorfag cope. Everyone over here has an E-Bike. Ironically I got one to not have to spend so much on a car.
>>
>>1818283
real janny hours on this board recently, what in the fuck is going on.
>>
>>1824948
>Ruin trails
I'll ruin your mums pussy
>>
>>1818315
>130lbs
The only excuse is if you're a legal midget or a female
>>
>>1828256
Bicycooning for me is travelling somewhere for free but more faster and more fun than walking. I have a car, a house, motorbikes and mopeds. I ebike and love when fags like you seethe over it.
>>
>>1818284
Why is that your problem
>>
>>1832640
>for free
>he pays multiple insurances and road taxes for car, motorbikes and probably mopeds.

Yes definitively you are travelling for free while you still pay fixed costs on you other gorillion vehicles with plates.
>>
>>1832727
Yes, that's right, I ride the ebike for free
>anon doesn't understand that you can temporarily decomission a vehicle to waive all running fees
In the summer I only pay for the motorcycles, no one needs a car during the summer. Oh and motorcycles and mopeds only need insurance, no taxes *blows raspberry*
>>
>>1818317
No, it's transport, like this subreddit we're in. You stupid faggot.
>>
>>1832787
>decomission a vehicle to waive all running fees
That's not how it works if you have anything other than liability. It also won't stop depreciation or maintenance costs.
>>
>>1833007
>My car's value has only gone up since I bought it
>That's exactly how it works even if you have more than liability, you just need to contact your insurer
>A machine that isn't in use needs maintenance
You're one dumb faggot, aren't ya?
>>
>>1833055
>A machine that isn't in use needs maintenance
It does. If you think parking it somewhere and not touching it puts it in a magical stasis field then you're dumb.
>>
>>1833055
>>That's exactly how it works even if you have more than liability, you just need to contact your insurer
Who are you quoting?

And are you putting your theft and fire insurance on hold when your car is parked? Are you worried that it's only getting stolen or going up in flames when you're driving it?
>>
>>1833066
Yes. Belts and oils get changed in yearly intervals on my vehicles anyway, dummy.

>>1833070
I don't live near niggers and store my vehicles on my own property, so no, I'm not worried.
>>
>>1818324
It's a meme. A lot of people hate the us, and not without good reason, but it has reached a point that they think "if you don't believe every bad thing you hear about it and imagine that problem is everywhere, you can't call yourself a decent human being". I'm not saying it doesn't happen, after all it did spawn with one or two images taken by attentive customers who had already come to expect supermarkets to be full of trashy people (which they are) but you could work in one of those stores for years an probably never see someone ACTUALLY shit themselves in public.
Remember, people take photos of unusual things more often than normal stuff.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.