[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

What is the final solution to the car problem?
>>
Nuke Texas.

What was the question?
>>
Just watch as the auto industry dies a slow and painful death. Or a prolonged contraction as they learn to be sensible.

Almost 800,000 Ebikes were sold in the US last year. Outpacing the sales of new EVs by more than 100,000.

ICE vehicles make the tank mentality necessary. Theres nothing stopping EVs of any size from being lightweight and nimble.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-21/u-s-e-bike-sales-outpaced-electric-cars-in-2021
>>
File: population change.jpg (115 KB, 819x1024)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1816216
Salty Californian detected. I like how several hundred thousand people and 1,000s of businesses fled from that and a few other states as if they were on fire. And a few of them are.
>>
>>1816215
Boston bros… we gotta get those numbers up
>>
>>1816215
If we start to regulate larger vehicles so they cost too much for normies to drive them it'll get things going in the right direction. Like if you can't prove your pickup truck is used regularly for hauling or towing at work then you have to pay a huge tax yearly.
>>
>>1816219
stop moving to florida you fucking fags
>>
>>1816256
Haha I fully intend to in my 40s after I sell my houses.
>>
>>1816260
why? The cost of living keeps going up and driving in south florida is shit
>>
>>1816261
The entirety of Florida is shit in every regard.
>>
File: 1504742150142.gif (427 KB, 857x994)
427 KB
427 KB GIF
>>1816215
Give every poor free car and free has so seething commie poorfags would have no ground to stand upon.
>>
>>1816215
To stop thinking about it and start caring about your actual life
>>
File: 1655749045272.jpg (209 KB, 719x765)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>1816266
>the immeasurable amount of cager and poorfag deaths that would result from this
its two birds with one stone, DO IT
>>
>>1816260
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
>>1816215
more lanes
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.06 MB, 917x1034)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>1816215
>let's make our country more like Guadalajara
great plan
>>
>>1816423
Idk your country is shit too you are all shooting each other and obese and driving around in cars you can't afford
>>
>>1816429
Chicago is pretty bad but it isn't "mass graves"-bad.
>>
>>1816215
>What is the final solution to the car problem?
Ban cars, can't have a car problem if there is non
>taps head
https://youtu.be/rSSNlM3Au1A
>>
>>1816217
>ICE vehicles make the tank mentality necessary.
Motorcycles exist.
>>
>>1816215
Ban. Cars.
>>
File: 1617145791858.png (211 KB, 327x316)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>1816217
>ICE vehicles make the tank mentality necessary. Theres nothing stopping EVs of any size from being lightweight and nimble.
you had me until there, 8/10 bait
>>
>>1816216
DFW is HELL to drive thru I agree. Commuter trains like texrail, DART, and TRE make it easier to go downtown, as opposed to LA where our only option was an uber
>>
>>1816215
>>1816216
>shitholes SEETHING at car chads
>>
>>1816215
Surprised Edmonton is that high desu. I thought we'd be at Riverside-San Bernardino level.
>>
>>1816434
>burgers dont even bother burying the dead, leave them to rot the street
>burgers think this means they are better
>>
>>1816215
This >>1816607 would be the ideal. However, since we are sadly far away from that, the next best thing is forcing a public transit lane (PTL) on every single road that has two lanes each way. Only buses, motorcycles, lorries, and utility trucks would be allowed on the PTL which would be the right-most lane. Other cars trying to find a parking or turn to the right will be allowed to briefly use the lane.
In order to enforce this, every bus will be equipped with a "snitch camera" which is basically a dashcam that records cagies who use the PTL when they shouldn't. The bus drivers will press a button to timestamp the moment they see a suspect, and they will be rewarded a percentage of the fine that will be sent to the cagies. Maybe use AI that automatically does this instead.
This idea can be done TODAY. It will cost only the painting on the lanes.
Another simple thing that can be done but a bit trickier to implement is allowing non-motorized bicycles on pavements, as long as they ride under the average speed of a marathon runner. They are not allowed to honk or intrude pedestrians infront of them for any reason, especially for walking slow. This idea is less practical, since spandex fags can be the worst subhumans imaginable and will just yeet through the pavements endangering pedestrians.
>>
>>1816253
Why would any industry agree to this? You do realize they’re are entire organizations in this country who still have a say over what happens? It’s not a one- party dictatorship yet
>>
>>1817558
Actually a solid idea, except you underestimated the 'Murican by including the snitch camera, they'll ree about infringing their freedumbs so the snitch camera might have to go, buses have them today and nobody is enforcing their footage so... anyways, I think community enforcement is the answer, everyone has a phone in their pocket, snap the offender and give a small percentage back to the snitcher.
>>
>>1816215
>What is the final solution
Gas, of course
>>
>>1816216
first post unequivocally best post
>>
>>1816429
>you are all shooting eachother
The violence rate in the worst parts of Detroit and Chicago are comparable to a sleepy village in Juarez.
>Driving around in cars you can’t afford
Says the assmad Mexican who can count on his fingers the number of times he’s seen a car that wasn’t older than him?
>>
>>1817736
Why did you assume I'm Mexican lmao?
>>
>>1816215
>Problem
Get fucked

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.