[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1641715292179.png (2.24 MB, 1298x1312)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
I hate cruise ships so much it's fucking unreal.
>>
>>1816148
Why is it floating on that green water?
>>
>>1816175
it's slime so its denser than water
>>
>scrapped

I understand that the original owner filled for bankrupcy, but whoever ends up owning that, wouldn't be preferably to have a fully functioning cruiser than parts that don't serve any other purpose? Ships are custom made, it's no like you can use it's parts for another ship.
I know metal is valuable and can be melt and reshaped, but I don't see how that would have more value than a brand new cruiser.
>>
>>1816193
With this sort of thing I always assume the issue is Lawyers and Insurance making it literally cheaper to scrap and rebuild than sell it off as a finished ship.
>>
>>1816201
Fuck lawyers man, scum of the earth. I wish them a painful death.
>>
>>1816148
>>1816193
From what I understand the ship was mainly intended for gambling "cruises" outside of chinese waters and would have required massive modifications to make it fit for western leisure trips.
>>
>>1816148
Calm the fuck down the photo is a stock one. They are just selling an unfinished piece of ship hull.
>>
>>1816175
It's floating *in* the water. You can see the two half-submerged openings for the bow thrusters below the astronaut. It's not fully equipped so it's riding above the design waterline.
>>
Stories like this expose how many sites are just going for shock value and clicks. OP's pic is the Global Dream I, which is going to be sold as-is and probably stay intact. Global Dream II hasn't been built past the lower hull with its machinery. So it looks like this (it's the first GD in 2019). But that's not as dramatic as a nice-looking completed ship.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.