[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Gonna have to go back to trucking soon because money. It is what it is.
>>
>>1811697
I also am going back , hopefully only for a few months but things are looking pretty grim
Guys at my old company say they are not getting good miles
Dispatch looking to thin out drivers who dont like shitty loads and coimplain
Probably not going to be able to do heavy haul and have to pull a fucking reefer
Fuck man I hope I can at least do regional and not full OTR
>>
Cold here
>>
>>1811715
Where are you located? I know a couple companies doing the 1 week out and 34-48 home thing.
>>
>>1811727
Why ur trailer have a chimney?
>>
>>1811941
It’s a water tank
>>
>>1811697
Just passed my CDL road test today, any tips truckerbros? Instructor told me about a nearby job, local runs advertising 1300-1700$ a week home daily. I’m thinking about ditching my current job for that immediately.
>>
>>1811967
Why does your water tank have a chimney?
>>
Why should I feel bad for truckers that make like 100k a year when with my accounting degree I've never made even half that?
>>
>>1814823
So that you can fill it with water
>>1815850
Don’t feel bad for us we don’t fuckin feel bad for you nerd
>>
>>1815850
Your job does not force you to live in a cuck shed and eat food from truckstops

Very few of us make 100k per year and all of us work around 70hrs per week.
If you had two accounting jobs at 35 hours per week you would make more than we do and be home every night to touch your wife
>>
>>1815850
I thought truckers these days have shit salaries.
>>
>>1815850
because the reality is, your job is going to get replaced by a computer far sooner than the trucker's
>>
>>1811697
That is not the biggest trucker by far.
There are truckers in Texas that are so large, the truck complains.
>>
>>1815863
Not as high as they should be, but still better than yours
>>
me likey
>>
>>1815970
I'm not American, so maybe an American trucker might make more than me, but I'm pretty sure that I make more than any trucker here.
>>
>>1811697
Is obesity basically required to be a trucker? Everyone I've ever met in that industry over 30 has been extremely obese. Granted that's not many people but it seems like the lifestyle would almost require it.
>>
>>1816054
That’s just an average American.
>>
>>1816054
You sit for 11 to 16 hours a day and for nearly all of that time you dont get to stand up for even a second
Turns out that is brutally bad for your body
>>
>>1816211
standing and moving around for 11 to 16 hours a day is also brutally bad for your body
>t.professional chef
>>
>>1811941
its a mobile crematorium in ukraine
>>
>>1816282
THIS MACHINE EATS RUSSIANS
>>
I live in Ohio. What could I expect to make going into this field brand new? I’ve considered it for years. I’d actually prefer OTR as I have no family at all. Honestly asking.
>>
>>1816799
Its a tough year coming up , but you wont starve.
Next year you would probably make good money
>>
>>1816213
He didn't say it wasn't.
Should say t. professional crybaby more like
>>
Everyone wants to come back to trucking now that the good times are over
This is why rates are inna toilet
>>
>>1811697
What do y'all real-life truckers think of ETS2?
>>
Is adblue a thing in the US?
>>
>>1817152
You mean DEF?
>>
>>1816799
I did non CDL flatbed hotshots for about a year for a buddy who was getting a company off the ground. I'll tell you what I dealt with doing OTR and if anyone else wants to chime in with class A stuff that I might not even consider they can.

11-14 hour days every day with about a day and a half off every week between that. if youre doing OTR you can expect to be out for 2-5 weeks on the shorter end before going home. if youre not working for a bigger company expect DOT and State Troopers to bust your balls with random roadside stops and inspections and other bullshit. also expect your company if its not a big one to not maintain the trucks like they need to be. keep in mind that if something fails on inspection or fucks up and causes an accident its your fault for driving the truck, it shouldve been fixed. if youre gonna go into this also make sure your phone number doesnt get sent to brokers. those jew middlemen bastards will call you every couple of hours wondering where their freight is as if youre just sitting in a parking lot hanging out instead of driving. fuck brokers.
>>
I am not a trucker but I am gonna guess there's more people with DIEABEETUS here than have seen a real life vagina
>>
Does anyone have kids here, I want to get into trucking as it pays well here in Australia but I don't want to be this guy
>1816799

Want a family
>>
>>1815850
Median pay for heavy truck drivers is $48k for accountants it’s $77k according to bls.gov. Top 10% of truckers earn $74k so those rich truckers certainly exist but like many jobs you hear about the top 1% instead of the majority. Just like electricians “trust me dude my cousin’s friend’s uncle is an electrician and earns $150k/year or my brother’s friend’s sister got a job as an electrical engineer $200k/year starting right out of college.”

If you do something retardedly extreme like driving in Alaska in winter 7 days a week not getting time off between October and April than you’ll make money but most truckers are firmly working class.
>>
>>1816054
>>1816211
>>1816213

Not only do you rarely if ever get a chance to exercise, but you're also eating fast food almost constantly. Shit exercise+shit diet=lardass. The only truckers I've ever met who weren't obese were either the ones just starting or the ones who took drugs to stay awake.
>>
>>1818875
No kids lad but town jobs are plentiful. I make 58/h on a town job driving a rigid. Not the best money in the world but good for living at home.
>>
>>1818881
America is fucking trash.
150k for tankers and mediums 80-90k here
>>
>>1818909
Do you have a source? Because much like jobs in the US I’m inclined to believe people oberstating their wages in personal conversations leading to a general misconception about income.
>>
>>1818977
https://www.seek.com.au/job/57570730?type=standard#sol=4a970cc48eddf8757600d270ea319d6f1e012434

And that's a result in 30 seconds, not even looking properly. Again stop giving money to jews and rich people America and pay the folk that keep life going.
>>
>>1819000

This roughs out to 117,000 usd, but I’d bet you have to run your ass off to make that estimate. It’s also in WA and mentions hauling to remote areas so I’m guessing you’re also driving a road train through shit roads.

So yeah, some Aussie drivers make that kind of money, but it’s misleading to make it sound like they all do. You can make the same kind of money here if you want to do something like ice-road trucking.
>>
>>1819000
>A single job
Give me a statistic that that is the norm. I can find plenty of jobs on indeed that are above the top 10% of their field, doesn’t mean that they are average. Where is the Australian bureau of labor statistics or something similar?
>>
>>1819195
Who cares what dumb cunts make desu. Good paying jobs exist and aren’t being filled, that is all that matters. If you aren’t top 10% most desirable truck driver then why not, apply yourself
>>
>>1819198
So what the fuck is your point? I never denied that well paid truckers exist you illiterate retard. I was simply stating that despite popular perceptions the average trucker isn’t bringing in $100,000 per year or something. At least 90% of the trucks you pass on the highway are firmly working class.
>>
>>1819203
Different guy little man. Just giving my 2c that if you can’t be in the top 10% of truckies you probably aren’t in the top 80% of real jobs
>>
>>1819204
Cool, nobody gives a shit
>>
>>1819210
If you don’t care about trucks, trucking or truckers talking, this may not be the thread for you.
>>
>>1819212
Nobody cares about your random interjection about how every trucker should be earning the top 10% of trucker pay or they’re shit.
>>
>>1819214
Post your truck little lad or toddle off there’s a good boy
>>
>>1819216
>Dickwaving about posting trucks because nobody gives a shit about what he says
>>
Pretty much no one is earning less than 40k per year as a truck driver these days

For running team (two men in a truck driving 24hrs a day) the starting point is 2k per week

This is all about to change though as the economy crashes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.