[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Post your ideal style of urban development.
I propose the Bremer houses as they used to be built in the north german port city of Bremen into the 1930s:
>allows everyone to continue having their own house
>allows excellently to mix houses with multiple units with single family ones.
>takes up a fraction of the space of freestanding single family homes.
>dense enough to be decently bikeable
>dense enough to be connected by tram
>cozy and quiet side streets
>allows fairly large gardens in the backyards
>allows mixed use development for small shops, restaurants, cafes, doctor's offices and small offices
Can anybody provide something genuinely better than this?
>>
File: bremen houses.jpg (731 KB, 1280x960)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
Some more pics:
>>
File: Bremen-Germany-Images-11.jpg (1.12 MB, 2272x1704)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>
>/n/ - homes u like
>>
File: BremerHaus-01.jpg (821 KB, 1500x1035)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
>>
come to /upg/ brother
>>
File: BremerHaus-03.jpg (963 KB, 1351x1500)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>1808472
>/n/ - homes u like
Considering how inherently connected the style of urban development and any form of public transit are I think it's very much a relevant topic for /n/.
>>
>>1808476
>/n/ - exciting new floorplans
>>
File: 1539994175955.jpg (12 KB, 219x230)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1808469
I lived in a townhome that was connected like that.
>share with a wall with your neighbors like an apartment so you get to hear their awful music
>very small backyard
>trash-filled alley, partly because no one knew who's responsibility it was
>was actually in a decent area with stores and restaurants within walking distance and a very wide street but never saw any cyclists except for the occasional homeless person

I'm sure a lot of it depends on your neighbors not being shitheads but I didn't like it
>>
File: 1593804894645.jpg (107 KB, 1024x1023)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>1808506
I think the solution is to have thicker walls between units. Rowhouses (preferably with garage space) are probably the best balance between privacy and density for urban development.
>>
>>1808506
>trash directly outside your house
that's your responsibility anon
>>
a/n/ything goes :)
>>
File: 8.jpg (1.34 MB, 3072x2301)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>1808476
Mostly the complaints come from train autists, desperately clutching the memory of /n/orimono-only days that never much existed.
You can just tell them to "seethe more".

>>1808506
>I'm sure a lot of it depends on your neighbors not being shitheads
There's lots of old houses like this in my city, and they're popular with the younger millennial.... yuppies? Not sure what else to call them.
There's also a lot of buyer's remorse, once they realize how intimately they'll come to know their "diverse" neighbors.
>>
>>1808561
How is housing transportation-related again?
>>
>>1808538
Where I am, it's quite popular to retrofit the first floor into a garage. Looks fine, as long as it's not some developer making a row of 8 buildings look identical.
>>
>>1808564
>looks at a coloring book
>Why are the colored blobs important? I thought it was all about the lines REEEEEEEEE
>HUFF HUFF HUFF
>Dad, tell me again why Penn Central failed?
>>
>>1808568
>Penn Central
That's transportation
>>
>>1808538
Material matters more than thickness. Those are historical houses with poor insulation. With modern material you get much better insulation with the same thickness.
>>
>>1808564
You may as well make threads on the nutritional content of grass and say it’s transportation. After all, it’s horse fuel.
>>
>>1808470
>>1808469
Ugly as sin IMO
>>
>>1808631
Are residential construction materials a form of transportation?
>>
>>1808682
What's your issue with them?
Is the stucco too excessive in your taste?
>>
>>1808564
The denser people live to each other the more bikeable and walkable the city is. A lot of people want a car-free lifestyle which is more possible if you live in midrises. The closer you are the less likely you will need a car to get around. Getting rid of car dependency is good for many other reasons too. For example parking. Each space takes up 200 square feet. You could use that space to make a bachelor apartment etc. "Not Just Bikes" has made a lot of videos about transportation and housing that you should check out if interested.

Most people don't have a boner for cars and only use them if they have to. If you can walk or bike or take reliable public transport that shows up frequently (every half hour or less) then you don't need cars and people who do have a car boner have less traffic to deal with.

And it actually costs less to have reliable public transport and have a bikeable/walkable neighborhood the problem is that it usually requires government spending but people in the USA and Canada or usually against the government spending money, even though it would save everyone money in general.

Sorry I want a little off the rails there. Basically the closer you live to other people the easier it is to transport yourself to where you need to go without a car.
>>
>>1808766
>/n/ - facades
>>
>>1808469
Even as apartmentcuck houses like this scare me, unless they're incredibly well built and have top notch sound insulation you'll hear your neighbor yelling at 3am while being buttfucked by some dude she picked at the bar.
>>
>>1808469
That style of housing can be found in bongistan too. I've always admired it and I think it can be the perfect solution for medium density urbanisation.

Some of them are really quite well designed, it's incredible how you can fit a reasonably roomy 4 or 5 bedroom home on a plot of land only 5 metres wide in some instances.
>>
>>1809263
Sound insulation isn't too much of a problem in these houses. Thick brick dividing walls, plus one side of the house is dominated by fireplaces and chimneys, the other side has the staircase that helps separate most of the rooms from the shared wall.
>>
>>
>>1809265
>>
>>1808941
jesus christ i hate that yank prick for making his stupid little youtube channel
>>
>>1809264
You'll notice these houses were built with an external toilet originally.
>>
>>1809265
6 stories is the ideal build height.
>>
File: 1200px-45_Howland_Ave.jpg (592 KB, 1200x1600)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
Love me some Bay and Gable houses, I would love to live in one of these bad boys. Victorian houses in general are very soulful.
>>
>>1809269
one of the house shares I lived in as a student still had it, it also housed the boiler and at some point a "modern" flushing toilet had been retrofitted. so it was like a second toilet for free, you just had to go out the back door. very handy when someone was taking 45 minutes in the shower.

>>1809263
>>1809265
and you'll notice both these streets have cars parked on them despite being apparently being this "RICK AND MORTY BARCADE WITH EXPOSED BRICK WALLS" magical world that exists only in your head.
>>
File: trousdale.jpg (227 KB, 1801x1200)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
I’ve always thought trousdale estates was a really interesting neighborhood concept that is really cool in execution:

>The neighborhood contains Los Angeles’ largest and most complete grouping of custom Mid-Century Modern architecture by master architects, including Richard Dorman, Wallace Neff, Paul R. Williams, Cliff May, A. Quincy Jones, Lloyd Wright, and many others. Its houses are in a variety of sub-styles including Hollywood Regency and California Ranch, most of which fit into the Mid-Century Modern category. They are large and sprawling, but all of the intact examples are only one-story in height; the design review board, headed by architect Allen Siple, ensured that all houses would be at least 3,000 square feet but remain single-story.

>This protected the expansive views and created a neighborhood of wonderful, horizontally oriented homes featuring the unusual architectural combination of restraint and extravagance. No wonder Trousdale Estates was prized by celebrity residents from Groucho Marx to Elvis Presley.
>>
>>1809264
Terrible.

Upper floor bedrooms have to go downstairs to use a bathroom.
>>
>>1809293
>cars exist in a dense development, that means your point is moot
were you dropped on your head as a child?
>>
File: south-carolina-39-of-52.jpg (1.75 MB, 1600x1068)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
Luv me sum row houses, but only with triple glazed windows and like two feet of concrete for shared walls. I don't want to register a fucking thing about either my neighbor's musical taste, marriage problems or barbecuing habits.

On a side note Charleston looks downright European, at least this street.
>>
>>1809272
At that point we're talking about apartment blocks, not row houses.
>>
>>1809299
Even though it looks fucking bunched up with some people probably looking at a sea of grey flat roofs beneath them according to what information I can find the neighborhood still takes up like three quarters of an acre per property (originally 532 properties on 410 acres, not sure whether properties were combined or split since its founding). In other words single story bungalows will never be space efficient, and ironically if you had consistently built three story houses with roof terraces everyone would still have the same view from their roof.
>>
>>1808472
>>1808478
>noooo residential architecture and urban planning are political topics and belong on /pol/ even though it's a racist shitposting cesspool containment board that couldn't achieve a coherent, let alone civilized discussion about the fucking weather
>>
File: fortune.jpg (613 KB, 1168x1513)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
The interior is much more important than the exterior for where you live.
>>
File: MBEBtEistZPOwbsV.jpg (704 KB, 2560x1707)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>1809324
This thread belongs on /fa/
>>
>>1809332
Only once some mong started posting pretty interiors with no connection to urbanism.
>>
File: Bowed.jpg (41 KB, 420x525)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1809336
Why is exterior design allowed but interior design not allowed? Curb appeal is nice, but interiors are far more important in your day to day life.
>>
i kinda like the tower in a park concept from the 60s. also how the soviet union made highly walkable so called "micro districts" wich everything being decentralized and within walking distance apart from work, which is reachable by public transit.
>>
>>1809339
To the individual, but in my eyes the intention of the thread was urban integration. The question is what building style works best for life quality in an urban context, not what living room is nice looking.
>>
File: laurel.jpg (411 KB, 1080x720)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
Laurel canyon homes are some of my favorites, I mean come on.
>>
File: ext.jpg (482 KB, 1075x720)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>1809345
Exterior
>>
File: living space.jpg (235 KB, 1080x720)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>1809346
>>
>>1809311
>were you dropped on your head as a child?
sounds like you were mate
>>
>>1809343
It's rather surprising actually how walkable Soviet style commieblock developments ended up (at least at the time) purely thanks to the microcosm implementation considering how idiotically spread out the tower in a park idea is in the first place and how paranoid the Soviet Union were about huge avenues to move military quickly and provide no space to urban warfare of invaders or civil uprisings.
>>
>>1809351
true. and i think they were ahead of their time despite all of that, because the micro districts are comparable to todays superblocks with no allowance of through traffic and stuff.
>>
File: topanga.jpg (819 KB, 1520x1013)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
Topanga canyon is one of the most compelling neighborhoods in America, I think- born by fried acid hippies running to the mountains, but located minutes from Ventura Blvd in the valley, a worldwide retail destination, it manages to combine granola hippiness, psychedelica, middle American redneckism and cosmopolitan creativity in a unique blend not seen anywhere else, and it’s clearly evident in the homes.
>>
>>1809361
Yes but what do some remote hills in LA covered in low density detached units have to do with urbanism and mass compatible housing?
>>
File: shack.jpg (311 KB, 1500x1000)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>1809361
You have everything from tiny hunters shacks-
>>
File: midcentury.jpg (92 KB, 640x427)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1809365
To 70s midcentury tract homes, elevated by the powerful natural beauty of the area-
>>
File: kitchen.jpg (134 KB, 640x432)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
To just-renovated-enough modern homes that still keep the perfect amount of that historic vibe.

>>1809364
There’s more ways to live in a city than crammed in a tiny box, fuckhead.
>>
>>1809368
If you're living like that you're not living in the city and you're not living in a way the majority of people could without making the place completely inoperable.
>>
File: bungalow.jpg (78 KB, 640x427)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
West adams has a huge collection of small bungalows that really exemplify the California lifestyle- low rise, ample outdoor space to enjoy the nice weather, and well thought out living spaces, but that’s not even the best part-
>>
File: bungalow 2.jpg (34 KB, 640x427)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1809376
The quirks! Every one of these bungalows is unique and they all have little quirks that impart a special vibe in each one, pic related.
>>
>>1809374
Uh, anon those are all in Los Angeles (a city)
>>
>>1809379
A sprawling hellhole joke.
>>
File: pool.jpg (144 KB, 1536x1025)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1809378
It’s interesting to see how the architects of old designed these houses around “indoor outdoor living” back when it was an unspoken idea and not a marketing phrase.
>>
File: brick.jpg (128 KB, 960x640)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Quirks!!
>>
>>1809381
TRUE!
>>
>>1809381
Sour grapes. You should try living here sometime, if you can afford it.
>>
File: Ven.jpg (431 KB, 1440x961)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
Speaking of quirks, next is an area that needs no introduction- Venice.
>>
>>1809386
You'd have to pay me for it.
>>
File: Ven2.jpg (180 KB, 750x563)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1809387
The architectural variety in Venice really is something else.
>>
File: abbot.jpg (1.19 MB, 2850x1900)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>1809390
You can find adorable homes like this nestled next to tech bro mega mansions.
>>
File: blue.jpg (90 KB, 960x640)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1809392
California Spanish bungalows butting up to houses that look straight out of Gilmore girls.
>>
>>1809351
mighty comfy, if you leave in the top floor and have no shared walls with your neighbors.
>>
>>1809398
I've lived on a commieblock top floor before and its had its own share of issues, mainly incredible heat in the summer due to the flat roof right above with only a shallow crawlspace inbetween. But you could also still hear stuff like hammering, high heels or dogs barking from neighboring flats not just adjacent, but also below. Not sure what layout flats at the ends of a block would have and whether you'd at least get a quieter bedroom there.
>>
The level of butthurt in this thread is off the charts, and I relish it.
>>
>>1808469
The way that American cities were from the last 1800’s to early 1900’s
>tall apartment and office buildings in the city center
>fairly dense neighborhoods of townhouses around it, allowing for homeownership in the city. As well as being easily convertible into apartments or condos
>also allows for some commercial use
As for outside the big city...
>all small towns are connected to other urban centers by rail, bus, or trams. As well was bike and regular roads.
>have a mixed use downtown with single family homes making up the rest of town
>farmers can easily commute into towns or cities via car, bike, or train to sell produce
>>
>>1809263
Damn those homes look like shit.
>>
i/n/terior decorating
>>
>>1809266
>International Property Measurement Standards
Genuinely interesting. https://ipmsc.org/standards/residential/
>>
>>1808469
Do these houses move? What do they have to do with transport?
>>>/his/ would be more your speed.
>>
File: ngmi.png (408 KB, 1000x871)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>1809324
>racism is bad
>in [current year]+7
>>
>>1809339
ok le corbusier
>>
>>1809324
>politics board bad
>so let’s talk politics on a good board
>wtf why is gold board now bad
>>
>>1810379
>board turns bad because of one thread about row houses
This is your brain on crippling autism.
>>
>>1810397
Are row houses transportation?
>>
>>1809543
>>1810379
>>1810428
This thread is here because it’s a topic related to non car centric transportation, and living in urban environments orientated around ones preferred mode of transportation. A topic that’s on the radar of a lot of /n/‘s current posters.
this thread would die if it was posted on /his/ because nobody cares about the humanities part. unless it’s baiting people into replying to your bait posts about your philosophical dogma. And it would die on /pol/ because nobody would reply unless the op post was inflammatory bait. And even then there would be no real discussion.
>>
>>1810529
How is that our problem? Why does /n/ have to suffer your threads awful contributors bleeding out into other, decent threads because you don’t want meanies on /pol/ to make fun of your YouTube politics?
>>
>>1810397
Politics discussion is always divisive, always attractive to bad actors and always ruins anywhere it’s encouraged or allowed.
>>
>>1810533
all discussions are political
by 'politics' you mean political discussion which is edgy and against the commonly held views of people. There's a context in which all topics would be viewed that way.

increased density etc is that generally and if you start talking about it generally, you will upset/annoy people, but it's not that on /n/, it's not contentious here. You're welcome to engage but you're the only one who is offended.

It's like how in most contexts you would not be being edgy or going against anyone's views if you started talking about your car, it's not viewed as 'political' but if you do it here then you are being 'political'.
>>
>>1809345
>>1809346
But not everybody can live like that. If indians or Chinese lived like that it would be houses all across every inch of the planet
>>
For me, it's 1950s ranch homes with shaded streets. Before some retard screams about "muh suburbs" this is less than five miles away from downtown Austin, solidly blue, and denser development is in every direction. The downside is you can't afford to live here unless you're wealthy, these are basically $500k homes now.
>>
>>1811051
Also there's three lanes worth of road but no sidewalk.
>>
>>1811055
It would make for a tight three lanes but you can park on it, drive on it, bike on it, and walk on it. There's room for everybody.
>>
>>1808469
Are those attached houses?!!!! AHHHH IM GOING INSANE

t. canadian
>>
>>1811074
>just walk or bike in the nominally 25 mph, realistically 35 mph car space where unhinged cagers will get angry at your existence, it'll be fine
>>
>>1811084
>get angry at your existence
Most of the time when drivers get angry at cyclists they have a reason to. You have people on /n/ openly bragging they ignore signs, lights, and other rules, along with just being a nuisance. Even a small amount of those people gives cyclists a bad name.

This isn’t a main road being held up by their bullshit, either.
>>
i think public planning and /n/ go together like peanut butter and jelly
>>
>>1811135
check out numtot
>>
>>1808469
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH TRANSPORTATION.

MODS GET THE FUCK IN HERE. THIS IS TRANSPORTATION NOT URBAN PLANNING. SO SICK OF THIS SHIT. THIS IS LIKE PRESIDENT MUGABE HOLDING GUNS TO INNOCENT BODIES, WHAT I'M SEEING IS HAUNTING.
>>
I'm done with this fucking board. I think I'm the only person on here who wants to talk about the mechanical aspects of transportation. This thread has 93 replies and it's not even about transportation. Fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>1811127
Car drivers do all of that but with a killing machine
>>
>>1813279
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
there, jannies inbound, ETA 5 hours
>>
>>1813279
>>1813379
>oh no I can't just visit the threads that interest me and ignore the ones that don't, I must get upset and be a whiny little bitch
>>
>>1811127
>just bike in the road, also get the fuck off the road, people have every right to get angry at cyclists in the road
This is how dumb you are.
>>
>>1813403
First there was one upg thread, now there are two, the jannies actually deleted a third one. So once one got let in, "urban planning" non-transportation bullshit was shitting up the board in no time.
>>
>>1813379
What mechanical aspects of transportation would you like to talk about?
>>
>>1813437
I count 5 urban planning threads right now. Most concerned with what houses look like.
>>
>>1809386
Everyone I know who lives in LA is like "I live in a shithole lmao" and just deals with it somehow
>>
>>1811055
Why do you need a sidewalk? Can't get your driver's license?
>>
>wtf no, I can’t post this politics thread on /pol/, people are gonna disagree with me!
>>
>>1814027
oi m8 got your bloody driving loicense?
>>
>>1808506
>share with a wall with your neighbors like an apartment so you get to hear their awful music
No reason building codes can't have an optional part that regulates sound dampening for shared walls. I live in a rowhouse and the only times I have ever heard my neighbors are when they are hanging stuff on their wall (obviously) or when one had an 8-month-old baby that would scream its head off, and I could only hear that baby, that was on the other side of the wall, if I put my ear to the wall and listened for it.
>>
>>1809320
What if you put two floors of apartments on top of three floors (plus basement) of rowhouse?
>>
>>1814060
Not allowed a 90s mtb thread because it’s not transportation but are allowed a “what kind of house do you want” thread
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
For me? We need to just accept urban sprawl. But we can make it look good. Cities next to beach should be a thing of the past.

Spread-out the skyscrapers in existing cities instead of centralizing them. Put large parks and easy access to transit in between areas of downtowns................yadda , yadda.
>>
Rectangular squares containing apartments, office buildings and strip malls.
Light rail for every other street.
>>
>>1811074
I found the road on google maps based on the pic, it's 30 feet wide, average lanes are 10-12 feet with 8 ft parking lanes, so nah it's really not too tight. It's still insane overkill and unnecessary to maintain, causing larger drainage issues too. A bare minimum perhaps 1.5/2 lane road would suffice, everyone has a driveway and at most if some house has a massive party you will never have a need to park on both sides of the street. You could basically halve the costs of new roads if you halved the road: less construction area and half the catchment area so half the size of catch basins and pipes, and you'd still have plenty of room for everyone.
>>
>>1814274
>Not allowed a 90s mtb thread because it’s not transportation but are allowed a “what kind of house do you want” thread
Fuckin shame
>>
Here’s what I wish Toronto would do
>Rezone detached and semi-detached homes to attached single family homes and low-rises inside the city proper
>Bill property owners based on the actual long term cost to maintain their property’s infrastructure and then add a percent value separately that funds capital projects and city services.
>Ideally make creative use of space, maybe rooftop terraces
>Build tram service in the newly increased density neighborhoods or bus routes that are currently near or over capacity and link up to a metro
>Build underground metros instead of light rail for most projects
>Allow some basic commercial development in residential neighborhoods (grocery, pharmacy, cafes)
>>
File: cart5.jpg (1.84 MB, 4032x3024)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>
>>1809267
seethe more
>>
I like suburbs and cars because of the nature and freedom and privacy. But I still hate being forced to drive *everywhere*. I would love to try living in a streetcar suburb, they seem like having your cake and eating it too, but they don't really exist where I live.
>>
>>1809386
Hey nigger I live there and you’re full of shit. Those are out in buttfuck nowhere and most of the single family homes are godless tract houses.
>>
>>1815886
I live in a former streetcar suburb in Australia and even with the trams being long gone it's still a really good place to live, still very walkable. This place would have been amazing back in the day.
>>
>>1815886
Too bad streetcar suburbs don’t exist here in America.
>>
>>1814335
Retarded. you could just flatten out those skyscrapers and keep everything a nearly uniform density, like tokyo.
>>
>>1816018
How do you think it could be improved today? Other than the obvious, bringing back the streetcars
>>
Missing middle
>>
File: shutterstock_230413204.jpg (1.02 MB, 900x556)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Wish they built more of this type of housing in my city.
>>
>>1814881
I wish Toronto would simply cease to exist.
>>
>>1816654
I can't think of any suggestions, because anything I can think of would be a direct flow-on effect of the presence of streetcars.

For example, there used to be lots of small stores scattered throughout suburbia: a chemist on one street, a shoemaker on the corner of another, a milkbar on the other corner, a tailor here, a butcher there. All easily accessible either by walking or by streetcar.

The death of the streetcar reduced patronage of these stores, and the advent of the car and large central shopping districts and malls killed them for good. Reduce car dependency and ownership while bringing back streetcars and I suspect you'd see the shops return as well. Although you'd also need to rezone the area for mixed-use, as it has all been zoned as residential since the shops disappeared. Zoning's a big issue and I'd say that exclusive residential zoning is one of the big cancers of modern society.
>>
File: density.jpg (531 KB, 2560x1701)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>
>>1808941
>A lot of people want a car-free lifestyle
Gonna need some source on that astroturf, and r/marxisttroons isn’t gonna cut it
>>
>>1808469
What's the solution to soundproofing rowhomes?
>>
>>1817111
A gap of air between them
>>
>>1809299
>master architects

???

They all look like gyms where yuppies would shame you for dropping weights. What the fuck is going on with modern architecture?
>>
>>1817111
Not building them out of matchsticks and drywall, for starters

Legally all terraced homes need firewalls between them. The solution would be to mandate that the firewalls also have noiseproofing qualities, whether that be through insulation or just making them out of thicker concrete.
>>
>>1808540
>Picking up your neighbor’s trash
>For free
>>
>>1818189
we get it, you're still in high school
>>
>>1815462
don't worry, the bay area will soon become entirely that
>>
File: PXL_20220617_152131437.jpg (3.33 MB, 4032x3024)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>
>>1809299
>Mid-Century Modern
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>1809327
this attitude is how you get mcmansions and the death of architecture
>>
>>1818810
Interesting balconies. Southern russia?
>>
>>1818706
The only way to live somewhere nice is to treat it like somewhere nice.
>>
>>1809264
>"drawing room"
>implying it won't just be the second bedroom and the top three bedrooms go unused
>>
>>1819306
alternatively, live in a first-world country with effective municipal services.
>>
>>1809263
you talking about terraced houses?
>>
>>1819416
>cars line the streets
uh, #carfree bros, I'm literally shaking right now
>>
>>1819306
>Neighbors won’t pick up their own trash
>Just pick it up for them and they will start picking up after themselves
Most people who throw their trash wherever are probably going to take it being cleaned up by someone else as an invitation to continue littering.
>>
>>1819759
Actively trying to make your city nice isn't bad at all. I think the problem is that people are generally looked down upon when they even ask someone to do something correctly. At least from what I've seen.
>>
>>1819305
Germany
>>
>Post your ideal style of urban development.
Houses not housing

>>1811051
Grew up in similar but not in the suburbs as well
This is better for a lot of living but needs improvements of course
>>
>>1818189
True but I think it's partially due to mid century modern be that overrated and played out
>>
>>1809393
There is nothing Spanish about that
>>
bump
>>
bumping
>>
>>1809306
As if windows don’t exist
>>
>>1809277
too bad no one can afford these anymore :/
>>
>>1808469
Let's just give everything north of the Donau, Bremen included, to african and muslim immigrants so that they leave the south alone.
>>
>>1816994
I can not speak for that person. But I can say for someone like me I can only mention its something you need to experience yourself and to travel outside the country to see it.
>>
>>1814254
You're right, there's no reason the codes can't include it, but that doesn't stop contractors from failing to install the insulation correctly, nor does it stop the inflation of housing cost it ultimately passes on to the home's buyer
>>
>>1813379
These retards have been spamming “muh walkable city!” threads across all other non-anime boards lately, to the point where I think it’s a coordinated campaign.
>>
>>1816604
They're all over New England mate.
>>
>>1808735
i think your mom is a form of transportation
>>
>>1808469
>>allows everyone to continue having their own house
hope my neighbors dig meshuggah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVBZKYCi1JQ
>>
>>1833233
>hope my neighbors dig meshuggah
Too Jewish for me. I'd complain to the HOA.
>>
>>1815462
that's not even impressive. off of the BART line near fruitvale there's a dude with a full on cardboard fortress, I mean the thing has got to have more square footage than the average SF apartment. HUGE mexican flag flying from the top too, surprised there isnt a moat/drawbridge on it tbqh
>>
>>1817111
build them a good distance apart, at least 10-20m. Add a nice hedge or fence barrier, offset them from the road a decent amount to prevent road noise, and plant grass and trees between them for a nice green space. Oh, and make them single-story as well to prevent top/bottom neighbors from annoying one another.
>>
>>1831792
yimby fad will die out in a year or so

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.