[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Nobody talks about Esk8 edition

The purpose of this thread is to discuss various light electric modes of transportation, such as ebikes and escooters.

Reputable Dealers
https://alienrides.com/
https://revrides.com/
https://www.ewheels.com/
https://e-rides.com/
https://www.euco.us/
https://eevees.com/
https://www.voromotors.com/
https://fluidfreeride.com/
>>
fatsies only
>>
File: 1303195774195.jpg (81 KB, 439x512)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
bros, recommend me a good ebike. it will be my first one. i will use it primarily for riding the streets, maybe light off-roading.

2 most important features i'm looking for:

1. must be very comfortable. don't want to be hunched over like on a racing bike

2. good range, hopefully 30 miles

I also want to find one that folds up, so I can easily transport it in my car.

My budget goes up to 4k, but ideally i'd like to spend around 2k.

thanks guys
>>
>>1807334
How much do you want to pedal?
>>
>>1807372

let's say about 30% of the time, and never uphill
>>
>>1807381
just get a car, fattyboombatty
>>
>>1807381
Polarna M6 or Lectric Xpremium should work for you
>>
File: ca1.png (115 KB, 1800x1578)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1807318
>>1807384
>>
File: pupp.jpg (32 KB, 500x374)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1807386

looking them up right now, thanks bro
>>
>>1807389
For some reason bikies need to shitpost in this thread even though half the board is for bikes and there are only 2 generals for electric shit
>>
File: uawerfhik.png (298 KB, 972x882)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>1807310
what type of ebike is picrel? i know the brand am i was interested in the $1,500 USD model but i am wondering if there was something cheaper or something better that I shoudl consider.
>>
Can you fit a belly stand to an e scooter? Sometimes mine sags and slaps my knees while I ride
>>
>>1807735
This would be a cafe racer frame bike
>>
ok i actually have a lot of questions, but to save me spamming the thread, is there a wiki around?
>>
>>1807747
I don't think so. This is a slow board anyway. Just ask whatever you want
>>
>>1807747
E bike faq
Max weight limit: 200kg (you’re too heavy)
Max speed: 25kmh but not with you on it fatty
>>
>>1807781
good to know, i'm not that heavy anyway
>>1807778
>which is cheaper to optimize for, high range or high speed?
>what's the cheap to repair and easy to repair models/brands?
>what should i look for when i am thinking of going offroad?
>anything a noob like me should probably be aware of before getting a scotter/ebike?
>is wearing a helmet pretty much the only safety stuff you need or is there more?
>what are the use cases for ebike and escooter? or are they both just a matter of preference
>>
>>1807787
The lightest regular poster in here is 132kg@5’2
>>
>>1807789
what bf%?
>>
>>1807790
100%
>>
>>1807791
wow, i'll keep my time here short then.
>>
>>1807787
>which is cheaper to optimize for, high range or high speed?
They usually grow in relation to each other proportionally if you're buying something fully assembled.
>what's the cheap to repair and easy to repair models/brands?
depends on what type of vehicle you want. Generally bikes are the easiest but they're all a pain in the ass
>what should i look for when i am thinking of going offroad?
Suspension, power and off road tires
>anything a noob like me should probably be aware of before getting a scotter/ebike?
look up your local laws
>is wearing a helmet pretty much the only safety stuff you need or is there more?
they amount of gear you wear is up to you. If you fall off you're prone to sliding on asphalt which doesn't feel good.
>what are the use cases for ebike and escooter? or are they both just a matter of preference
Ebikes have a lot of gay regulations so it's hard to find one with some real performance. They have the most practicality in terms of cargo and they're the most stable but the cost/performance sucks ass. Scooters are a lot faster and go farther for the same money they have less cargo space and are less stable.
>>
>>1807789
I'm 6'2 165lbs refer to
>>1807387
>>
File: shittydykes.jpg (127 KB, 1000x750)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Hey guys I got drunk tonight and found a stolen CitiBike that had been painted over on the sidewalk. I rode it home and it still had a charge.

What should I do with it?
>>
You are all lazy faggots
>>
File: dogartist.jpg (2.47 MB, 2244x2904)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
Asking again

What is the higher iq option - getting an e-bike or getting a regular bicycle along with an e-bike conversion kit?
>>
>>1807310
What's to stop me sitting cross legged on one of those things and whizzing around like a floating Buddhist monk?
>>
>>1808821
Getting a bicycle and a scooter, both together will still be half the price of an e bike, and you can use the scooter when you're tired/cba commuting.
>>
>>1808628
well I suppose you should check if there's a tracking device in it. If you want to keep it I guess I would remove the branding and remove the things that make it look like a citibike like the basket and rear fender.
>>1808821
Regular bike and a bike kit offers better value. The money you're willing to spend on this affects the answer. If you're not going to spend a lot dividing your funds between a bike and a scooter does not make any sense.
>>1808824
Nothing. You're free
>>
Thinking about replacing my POS junker car with either a scooter or an ebike. What's something utilitarian for quick errands but still fun for a 6 foot tall man? I think I would be ok spending $2,000 if parts are availiable to repair it and it is reliable.
>>
>>1809023
Get a step through bike like a Rad Runner 2. A scooter would be faster and more fun but you'll have to figure out your own cargo solution
>>
>>1809026
Looks good and practical. Thanks. Now one more... Let's say I'm gonna max out on fun. What scooter would you reccomend? Might flip a coin on a choice.
>>
>>1809040
Kaabo Wolf Warrior x or a Vsett 10+ with the 25ah battery. The vsett is a bit more money but it does slightly faster and has a good little bit more battery
>>
Got my mid-drive Bafang motor running. However, my rear shift cable runs along the bottom of the frame and the motor has a tendency to just ever so slightly shift upward. It'll pinch the cable and prevent shifting. With a bit of force, I can shift it back down so the cable can move freely again, but this happens again after a few minutes of riding. I tightened the fuck out of the locknuts so I can't imagine tightening it anymore. Any ideas to fix this beyond putting housing on that part of the cable (which I don't think would fit anyway)?
>>
month 3, the vdm-10 from alibaba is still on a cargo ship.
>>
>>1809309

you wanted to cheap out and not "pay double for the same thing" so you're on your own
>>
>>1809309
Can't you get a refund?
>>
>>1809399
it's already sent, I'm not gonna get a refund if it's actually on it's way, they just sat on their asses during chinese holiday
>>1809337
still worth it than paying way more, the equivalent zero 10x with a 52v lg battery is like 2500 cad, or more, payed 1200 usd with extra tires.
>>
>>1809486
there have been sellers just lying about the LG batteries. And if it's doa you're out of luck. But you're right if none of that stuff happens it's fine. It's just a gamble
>>
I'm having a hard time choosing between the middrive ebike motor models.
Bafang 750w BBS02 vs to 1000w BBSHD.
I've done a ton of research and get conflicting info on it. Some say the HD is built heavier and to get it for the extra power and reliability, others say it's the same motor but 200$ more.

Any tips? The whole projects budget is 1k with an existing bike, so with the higher spec 650$ one I only have 350$ for the battery and accessories.
>>
>>1809524
Go with the cheaper one and get a 20 ah battery. Big motor isn't worth it without big battery
>>
>>1809527
True, but isn't it easier to upgrade battery in the future than to need a whole new motor if the 750 isn't enough?
>>
>>1809497
I got it from Quanzhou Titan who are the original manufacturer of the VDM-10 and most of the scooters on the market, so I think it will be legit.
>>
>>1809530
I guess you could upgrade either without much hassle. 750 for middrive is still strong. YOu would get more torque than a 1000 watt hub
>>
>>1809538
I guess I'm only worried being a big guy. I'm 6'4 240lbs, and I'm mostly wanting to bike logging roads which are pretty hilly.
the 750 with a small front sprocket might actually be the ticket. It will be much slower, but like a good mule it will get there eventually lol
>>
>>1807310
what would be the downsides to using a car battery as a cheap power source for a beater ebike?
bought a 250w go car conversion kit and want to make long flats and hilly sections on my commute more bearable
eurocuck so will have to add a fake pedal sensor
>>
I’m 450lb, what should I be eating to gain enough weight to ride a mobility scooter?
>>
>>1809651
Assuming you are American, 450 is already a pretty good weight for mid-class scooters. If you're looking to get into something like a Pride Maxima, Merits Silverado, or Afiscooter S series scooters then almost anything calorie dense will work. Try to watch your sugar intake. Diabetes can cause limb loss which will kill your gains. I'd avoid things that require a lot of prep to avoid calorie loss as well. If possible order through Amazon or get what you need delivered to your door with doordash or the like. Always remember to eat for 2-3 (not difficult for us in America). CI/CO is vital.

Some recs:
>processed meats
>canned cheese spreads
>soft drinks/alcohol (be careful of sugar)
>fast food in general (avoid salads without dressing)
>>
>>1809648
The down sides are that it would be heavy and weak. There's a reason e bike didn't take off prior to lithium batteries. It would work though so if that's what you have then do it
>>1809651
>>1809694
mobility scooters are not /emc//
>>
>>1809725
is there a limit to the constant power drawn? the data sheets only went into maximum output (generally about 600 A) but i would be using a lot less than that as I'm limiting myself to 250W anyways, realistically 250 A before powerloss from a converter (until I'll build something new if I know how law enforcement behaves)
>>
>>1809548
BBSHD is gonna shed heat better than the BBSO2, even if you don't need more torque/power that it offers, it's a lot less prone to burning up, esp with your size. The best upgrade investment is a Lekkie narrow/wide chainring over the standard issue Bafang one, just make sure the offset works with your donor bike of choice, the straighter the chainline the better.
>>
>>1809844
there shouldn't be an issue if you're drawing less then half of the max. If anything when you're testing it just make sure it isn't getting too hot
>>
>>1809880
great. i'll keep you updated!
>>
File: 1511899952913.gif (388 KB, 800x1007)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>>1807310
The thing I've enjoyed most about my ebike, for the two years I've had it now, is that the assistance you get up to 25 km/h completely elimitates the roadrage I felt before. We all know how it is on a bike normally:
>You just gotta make that light before it turns red.
>Those FUCKING pedestrians walking into the street in front of you.
>Riding along with a bus that sees passengers getting on and off right in front of you
Every time you have to brake, you can feel the blood boiling, but that isn't because you have to stop... It's because you have to START again.

On an ebike, I don't have to be the asshole yelling "MOVE RETARD!" anymore. Instead, some peddie will walk into the bikelane without noticing, I'll have to brake and when they notice me, they get embarrassed and hurry out of the way. It's great!
>>
File: minibiker.jpg (194 KB, 1536x954)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
anyone ever rode one of these? i like razor's whole line and they look cheap to modify but this looks too small for an adult. anything similar for adults in that price range?
>>
File: file.png (747 KB, 1600x900)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>1807334
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. I've put about 500 miles on it and I fucking love it. I put a baby seat on the back for my daughter and we just ride around the local bike/pedestrian trails, waving at all of the hot milf's jogging by. It gets like 50070 miles/charge depending on how much boost you dial in, and it's the perfect sitting position. It cost just under 4k out the door with taxes and a few upgrades.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-vado-3-0-igh/p/199868?color=320741-199868
>>
>>1810568
At least it's a nice colour.
>>
>>1810568
Incredibly overpriced what it is especially having budget parts all over, basically an i-phone of electric bikes. Guess the color is nice.
>>
Anyone here have a Surron? I really want to buy one but I know they sit in sort of a "grey zone" as far as being kind of an ebike and sort of a dirt bike. I don't want to be hassled by cops and get tickets and shit
>>
>>1811603
>I know they sit in sort of a "grey zone"
as has been spouted many times before on here. They're unregistered electric mopeds, so it's illegal.
>>
>>1811622
I like them kinda, do they come with any sort of certificate that would make them title-able later?
Even dirt bikes have kits that let you make them road legal, and this is even better cause no one is going to question emissions.
>>
File: 29016-12-2082745306.jpg (611 KB, 2500x1574)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>1810555
i have a razor mx350
seat is 50cm off the ground and i fit comfortably on it (6'1) and 60kg so i dont weight it down heaps

top speed ive gotten it on a flat road is 25kmh with stock 24v everything

very small and compact fits in the boot of my tiny sedan

charge lasts 30min-hour full charge

takes around 3 hours to charge

struggles on an uphill incline (rode it up escalators in a mall)
highly recommend the 48v upgrade (motor, controller, battery, variable speed throttle etc)

very cheap base price but the upgrade will get it up to 50kmh and last about and hour depending on amp hour of the battery or batteries chosen

very modular in terms of battery as its just electrical wiring shit so if u dont want to drop 500 aud on a 48v battery as i will have to, you can wire multiple batteries together (powertool batteries for example) in a series and still achieve 48v and whatever amp hours.

very good pocket rocket, extremely small. only good on pavements and indoor stuff (carparks, malls etc)

good for fucking around at speed in places you shouldnt be with it but not good for long distance without a higher AH batt than stock

very cheap entry level fuckaround bike do recommend

got mine secondhand from gumtree $150 aud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrHuegzRIf8
>>
>>1811714
Thanks for the comprehensive answer anon :)

I'm slightly shorter than you but similar weight(70kg). I should fit, but I am not sure if i will be too heavy.

Also is there a genre of bikes like this in general or it a razor speecific thing? I like the appeal of cheap modifable modular electric bikes. It sounds like a lot of fun!
>>
File: fIIDO t!.png (2.88 MB, 2000x1000)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
Hey y'all I was thinking about getting my first e-bike I'm highly considering the Fiido T1 and am thinking about delivering food like doordash do y'all think this is a good idea? and would their be better bikes for this?
>>
I bought my conversion kit off Amazon. $500 total. It's DIY though
>>
>>1811909
I've certainly heard worse ideas. You're probably going to want a spare battery to increase your range.
>>
>>1811949
yeah I was thinking that but I'm not sure how to use a second battery with this one
>>
>>1811913
DIY e bikes are so cringe it's unreal. just get better at pedalling you're fat ass around, it isn't even that hard.
>>
>>1811970
what do your mean anon? You take it out and put the new one in
>>
>>1811989
>>1807387
>>
File: nigging overwhelming.webm (1.49 MB, 334x520)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB WEBM
>>1808628
stop stealing shit tyrone
>>
>>1807310
so, mid to high-end ebikes
considering a vanmoof S5, maybe a Cowboy 4 although they seem less well-known, but they do offer free trials so will do so
any thoughts?
>>
>>1812318
>vanmoof S5
garbage specs for the price from silicone valley tier companies. Are you a eurofag?
>>
File: 1654636780099.gif (1.9 MB, 320x200)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>1812064
I thought he was just being germaphobic
>>
>>1812064
Locked my scooter outside a store just to go in for a minute and some hoodrat was already standing next to it scoping it out not even 30 seconds later. NEVER RELAX.
>>
File: 61bb499s-960.jpg (141 KB, 800x533)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>1812064
>>
I was thinking of converting my current bike to an ebike. I don't need anything too fancy, just something that has good speed and mileage.

Any suggestions, or should I just look into buying a new bike entirely?
>>
>>1812822
BBSHD
>>
File: wec4uHR[1].png (201 KB, 658x437)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
How faggy is this thing?
I just want a regular looking (not those retarded shorty ones for manlets) bike with a top speed of ~27mph, good range and <3k. Is that possible?
>>
>>1812539
>perfectly climbable fence right next to the gate
>>
>>1813293
I'm not really a fan of really expensive ebikes. There's really not much value in them
>>
>>1813316
what has value then?
>>
>>1813928
Decorative statuettes of anime ladies presenting their anus to the viewer
>>
>>1813928
building one yourself. I can easily price out a bike that would destroy the one you posted for $3k. Problem is that ebikes have a bunch of gay regulations so companies add a bunch of silicones valley bullshit to get you to buy it
>>
>>1813953
>destroy the one you posted
E-Bike Wars, we need to make this happen
>>
>>1813293
Was this the bike where the battery isn't removable, so if you live in an apartment, you have to take the whole bike with you if you want to charge it?
>>
>>1813953
can you give me a build? i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
>>
>>1816015
bbshd middrive with a 1000wh battery will run about $1300 minus the bike.
How much of an asshole you want to be depends on your budget. I've seen 12kw hub motors for ebikes
>>
>>1816015
>i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
Homeschooled, eh?
>>
>>1816015
>i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
Buy an electric motorcycle, take off the license plate and drive it without a license.
>>
Surely it’s best to get an e-bike with loads of suspension everywhere, “Dutch style” handlebars and fat tyres if using it to carry kids about?

The slowness from the fat tyres is negated by the electric motor?
>>
>>1816146
>The slowness from the fat tyres is negated by the electric motor?
To a degree. If you have a speed limiter, which is usually mandated for ebikes to be road legal, then it will only take you to a certain speed with the electricity and then it's all muscle. So the slowness still plays a part when you're cycling above the speed limit. But if 25 km/h, or whatever your local limit is, is enough for you, then it's basically negated.

And if you don't a shit about speed limiters, then a fatbike with a 1000W motor probably does like 50 km/h on a flat surface and you probably won't give a shit about your slow, fat tyres.
>>
500W 32kph ebikes are legal to use on bike lanes here (Toronto)

Any recommendations? I'd like it to not look retarded and am fine to pedal but would like it to have good power & range for uphill sections. I would probably use it in conjunction with some cargo bags on the back wheel in case I want to go grocery shopping.
>>
>>1816240
just buy a 1000w chinese bike
>>
>>1816240
It's pretty funny that we allow motors to go up to 1000 W but we have a lower speed limit of 25 km/h.
>>
>>1816240
>>
>>1816270
lmao are those stickers to cover up the 1000W info?
>>
>>1816283
Surely it's not a crime to slap a sticker onto an electric motor.
>>
>>1816283
yeah it's to bullshit the cops
>>
File: file.png (1.57 MB, 1239x826)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Can you recommend a hybrid/commuter bike to pair with a BBSHD?

I'm guessing I want something like this
>Fenders
>Kickstand
>Back tire rack (will be using large panniers)
>Front light
>>
File: nostepthrubike.jpg (180 KB, 1676x718)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
I'm considering an ebike. My commute is 9.5 miles each way and 7 of those miles are on bike trails. The Ride1up Core-5 looks bretty gud but I would really like a torque sensor. What are some cheap options for normal-looking commuter bikes with torque sensors and ~20 miles of range at UNLIMITED POWER?
>>
>>1817303
https://www.radpowerbikes.com/collections/electric-city-commuter-bikes/products/radcity-electric-commuter-bike
>>
>>1817318
>cadence sensor
I would buy it immediately if it was $1400 with fenders, a rack, light, and torque sensor.
>>
>>1817303
You probably want fenders to keep dirt away.
>>
>>1817321
This one has a torque sensor. I think they only put them on bikes that are higher end than the one you originally posted. This one is more but it also has a larger battery and all the other features you want. Has 2 frame designs

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/crosscurrent-x-step-through?variant=39313974591552
>>
File: Cake.png (542 KB, 1200x1200)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
Sur Ron for rich people
>>
>>1817607
How rich do you have to be?
>>
>>1817616
It's like $12k. The value is not that great though. It's probably built really well
>>
>>1817619
Yeah, not my play money either.
>>
I got a new job with the commute of pic related. It’s only 5 miles but it’s a gentle uphill pretty much the whole way and I don’t want to get sweaty. I’m not sure if they have showers (or whether I’ll want to use them) so would you recommend an E-bike or an E-scooter for this journey? There a also a slightly longer way to get three which is mostly cycle paths and residential areas.
Please help me choose.
>>
>>1819319
Forgot pic.
>>
>>1819322
E bikes are safer and better at everything, escooters are smaller and more fun and repulse women
I personally detest women so the choice was easy for me
>>
>>1819322
Take voi
>>
>>1819364
It costs £35 per month which means in 10 months I could just buy a scooter.
>>
>>1819319
Ebike with a Bafang BBSHD + throttle. You can ride it like a bike, you can ride it like a small electric moped, what's not to love?
>>
>>1819322
depends on how much money you want to spend. Low end scooters are kinda crappy but higher end ones have dual suspension and bigger pneumatic tires. If you want to be a weirdo like me you could get a EUC
>>
File: B-52.jpg (82 KB, 1200x855)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I dream of speed
>>
What’s some e shit that’s like a super 73 but not?
>>
>>1819539
https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/scrambler?variant=39327783059520
>>
>>1807310
Did /n/iqqas fall for the One Wheel meme?
>>
>>1819913
I almost bought one but I got a EUC instead
>>
For far would you realistically and comfortably commute in one of these on cycle paths and quiet streets?
>>
>>1820262
should be totally fine on well maintained surfaces. Imagine riding a longboard but a little smoother
>>
Are there any retailers in the states that have Titan / Sunnytimes rebrand scooters at reasonable prices for sale that ship to Alaska for free? Direct from Alibaba is looking at 5+ month shipping time right now. Aliexpress has some Kaabo Mantis10 Pros and Zero 10xs in stock in the states for a good price but with no warranty so parts would be out of pocket if anything shits itself.
>>
>>1820453
>Titan
consider ewheels. They don't have exactly what you're looking for but they have options from $1k+ and you get a one year warranty. They also sometimes improve chinese designs and make sure the battery isn't a bomb
>>
>>1820476
They charge $450 for shipping outside of the 48 continental states.
>>
>>1820528
damn. What's your budget?
>>
>>1820531
1.8-2k. Might just buy the 60v 21ah hydraulic brake 10x from Aliexpress for 1800 with 7 day shipping.
>>
>>1820565
seems like your best bet. I don't know of any alternatives
>>
Test
>>
Any decent ebike for around $1000 for trail riding with moderate hills?

Want something with a 3 hour charge
20mph or so
Something that can be swapped with backup battery

How much for something like this?
How much for back up battery?

How are the walmart ebikes? Shitty I assume
>>
>>1820662
Considering a decent motor and battery costs >$1000 alone, no.
>>
>>1820663
Got it. So 1500 is about the starting for a decent entry level ebike
>>
How difficult is it to peddle these ebikes when the battery is dead?
>>
Does peddling recharge the battery at all?
>>
>>1820668
A $500 bicycle is a horrible machine even without a motor attached
>>
File: rmmc.jpg (186 KB, 1140x760)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>1820674
Depends on the bike and the motor. With some, the motor has some resistance when it isn't on, with others, the only thing slowing you down is the additional weight.

I have a Riese Müller Multicharger (pic rel) and while not exactly fun, it's perfectly possible to ride it without the motor even on long distances, as long as there are no hills.
>>
>>1820675
no
>>
>>1820262
>realistically
3 km.

>comfortably
1 km.
>>
>>1820675
No. Braking energy isn't captured either on the vast majority of ebikes.
>>
>>1809524
I weigh 200 pounds and have the HD. It's fun having that torque but you don't actually need that much. If I'm using it in pedal assist I can get up some pretty steep hills rarely exceeding 500-750w. The 02 is more than enough. Also the battery is the most expensive component, even if you went HD and you don't really want to cheap out on it.
>>
I've been browsing bikes with a plan of getting one and then maybe convert it to an e-bike a year or so later, and I've come across two I like. One is a drop bar gravel-ish type which I wouldn't want to convert and then there's a flatbar hybrid type which I'd feel more comfortable with doing the conversion.
What's the big brain play here? Buy a new bike and then convert it down the line, or buy a bike, use it, and then buy a separate bike specifically for conversion? Used or new. I'd feel like a bastard if I did it to a completely new one though.
>>
How difficult to install ebike kit on to a regular bike?
I have plenty experience puting things together

Would it work on a $200 huffy
>>
>>1820731
If you can remove and install a BB, crankset, chain, cassette and cables, there shouldn't be much of an issue.

Don't do it on a BSO. The motor will put more strain on the drivetrain and the frame. Stay safe and comfy.
>>
How much weight will a ebike kit add to a regular bike?

When peddling with the battery dead does ipeddling feel normal as if no kit was installed?
Or is there some drag or noticable difference?
>>
>>1820772
It's gonna feel pretty fucking heavy.
>>
>>1810948
It may seem overpriced, but the battery capacity is second to none. At 50070 miles/charge he can drive around the earth's circumference twice before having to find a charging stateion, the attached price premium seems justified if you look at it that way.
>>
>>1820840
Why because your having to turn the motor and rear wheel with the chain ?

Motor doesn't have a nice neutral that is friction free?

How does peddle asset work and feel?
>>
>>1820927

50 THOUSAND miles before needing a recharge?
No way this is possible
>>
>>1820937
>laughs in nuclear powered ebike
>>
>>1820941
Wouldn't that be an 'N'bike?
>>
File: 'N'bike.jpg (258 KB, 1024x683)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>1820948
I'm sorry but the term 'N'bike has already been appropriated
>>
>>1810568
yeah it's a little expensive but it's from an expensive brand. Enjoy it anon
>>
What is good beginners bike for trail riding that a ebike kit can be installed on to it later if need be?
>>
>>1820965
I'm personally looking at the Cannondale Trail series
>>
>>1820967
>Cannondale Trail series

Anyone got a recommendation for around 300-500 bucks?
T. Poorfag
>>
>>1821006
Post local Craigslist in BBG.
>>
What's wrong with a $200 huffy?
>>
File: IMG_4383.jpg (2.19 MB, 4032x2268)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
Hell yeah brothers lets RIDE
>>
>>1821018
how fast?
>>
>>1821019
5mph
>>
>>1821018
not a pev
>>
>>1821006
then just find a stolen bike Facebook or something. How are you buying an ebike kit if you have no money?
>>
Do you guys think that prime day will have deals on cheap ebikes?
>>
>>1821043
Aren't Amazon ebikes shit?
>>
>>1821041
I'm buying a regular bike now and adding ebike kit when I do have money
>>
>>1821046
Get a Schwinn
>>
>>1821045
Idk just need something cheap to go to and from work. Been eyeing up a 26' totguard bike as all the reviews say it's pretty good.
>>
File: YUME-M10-Review.jpg (431 KB, 1000x1333)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
Anyone know someone who has this or seen an actual review yet? There was one unboxing video which was never followed up on, and the "review" sites just seem to be parroting the specs to far. The specs on this thing seem way too good for the price range. 60v 22ah battery, 1200 watt motors, tubeless tires, actual hydraulic suspension, and hydraulic brakes. All for around 1500 shipped which totally blows out the mantis 10 pro se, zero 10x+, blade 10 gt, and vsett 10+ out of the water for the price to performance ratio.
>>
>>1820936
I have a mid mount kit and it feels just fine but I think you are underestimating the weight of a motor + battery. How pedal assist feels depends on whether it's torque or cadence sensing.
>>
>>1820936
>Why because your having to turn the motor and rear wheel with the chain ?
Because weight. For example, the frame for my bike is 15 kg, which is definitely not a light boy. Then you slap a 6 kg Bafang motor on it, 4 kg battery and suddenly it's a 25 kg bike.

>Motor doesn't have a nice neutral that is friction free?
Some do, some don't. Look for one that does. My BBSHD for example does.

>How does peddle asset work and feel?
My bike has assist disabled (the motor only moves if the throttle is used), but I've tried my dad's bike without throttle and it feels kind of strange how you pedal and it just massively amplifies your movement. Granted, my dad keeps his bike locked at the maximum assist (which is only 250 W continuous but probably does >250 W peak).
>>
>>1821091
>vsett 10+
It's easy to believe once you understand what kind of corners could be cut. look at the part connecting the deck to the stem. Looks less substantial than the other scooters you mentioned.
And that's just one thing you don't get warranty or support either. Basically shit QC + no support + corners cut + high performance is a tried and true business model.
>>
>>1821257
>Basically shit QC + no support + corners cut + high performance is a tried and true business model.
thats every single chinese scooter under $4k. if you don't want any corners cut you shell out the absurd amount of cash and buy south korean ones. even the vsett 10 has issues because they used the shittiest controllers available and cheapest soft metal hardware causing bolts to shear while riding. the suspension is also $10 walmart garbage making it a death trap for a 40+mph scooter without a steering damper if it isn't replaced. the 10s steering neck is also bolted to the deck in a damn near identical way to the mantis which people called extremely dangerous.
>>
>>1821354
>thats every single chinese scooter under $4k
That's what dealers are for. Dealers have to deal with the consequences of your screws turning into dust so they often make the manufacturers do better or make upgrades themselves.
>>
>>1821040
Literally it is.
>>
>>1821402
It's a medical device
>>
Best ebike kit?
>>
>>1821403
it's both
>>
How do ebikes do in the rain?
Fucks them up?
>>
>>1820262
I have a Segway Ninebox Max. It's good for my height (6'3") but can't handle the steepest uphill road grades. Otherwise it seems well-built and it does have good range. Obviously it's a chinkscooter at heart but at least Segway can be sued to that gives me a bit more confidence it won't disintegrate while I'm doing 20 mph on it.
>>
>>1817303
This bike any good?
Not a bad price if quality
>>
>>1821477
52v bbshd with 20ah battery
>>
>>1821493
look for an IP rating. Most of them can handle normal rain
>>
File: Eagle-One.png (360 KB, 1200x900)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
what's a good first scooter that can go uphills? i'm 135lbs by the way
>>
>>1821686
basically anything if you weigh that much. What's your budget?
>>
>>1821694
sub 2k. i was also looking at the vsett 10+
>>
>>1821686
>>1821695
Just buy the 60v version of that Zero 10X.
>>
>>1821686
>>1821696
Also forgot to add that I spoke to Sunnytimes yesterday and the Blade 10Ds just arrived in US ports. They said it was 1350 shipped to the door which is a really good deal and people have said they have good support since they're the manufacturer. No Blade GTs in US warehouses currently though which is what I was actually looking for.

https://www.sunnytimescooter.com/collections/electric-scooter/products/blade-10d-plus
>>
>>1821696
i don't think those are readily available in the us, are they?

>>1821701
why are those a lot cheaper than the others?
>>
>>1821702
>why are those a lot cheaper than the others?
because it's a piece of shit. Get the vsett 10 from ewheels
>>
>>1821702
It's a lot cheaper because you're buying directly from the manufacturer No middleman rebranding it. People will say "but muh warranty" but leddit has said the manufacturers have given good support when googling around for these scooters. The Blade is basically a beefed up Zero 10X. They might have the original Zero 10Xs in stock too but you'd have to ask what they have in their US warehouse. You can either go through that site or Alibaba.
>>
>>1821703
>because it's a piece of shit
The Vsett is literally cheaper than the Blade EVOs buying it directly from China. Vsett is also not an original like leddit keeps on parroting. It's a rebrand. The scooters are known as Ningbo Vchains in china.

http://www.vchains.com/
>>
>>1821705
>The Vsett is literally cheaper than the Blade EVOs buying it directly from China
that's why I suggested buying it from a dealer that improves the scooter and checks the battery and provides a warranty.
>Vsett is also not an original like leddit keeps on parroting
That's fine. I'm suggesting it because people are generally happy with them. Nothing in China is original.
I don't want to suggest ali express shit that has a higher likelihood of failing in any sort of way.
>>
It's hot as fuck...will my battery my $500 melt?
>>
>>1821717
no but it could overheat if your vehicle is poorly designed
>>
>>1821709
The Vsett 10+R actually was going to be my next choice when they're back in stock in the US in August but after what was said here and on leddit, and watching reviews on Youtube about owning it after thousands of miles it has too many issues. Right off the bat most people have said you'd need to drop a couple hundred on better shocks and a steering damper because it's unstable as hell going over 30 because of the horrible suspension and the swing arm designs. A lot of people who didn't report instability ride it slow in foreign countries because of legal issues. Repair guys also said the folding stem lock starts to fail. I don't know if they replaced he hydraulic brake system lately but earlier purchasers had the brakes start to leak pretty early on since it was some kind of unnamed one. Then there's the massive controller issues. That's a bit much for something already costing over 2500. I feel like buying a 60V Zero 10X or 60V Blade 10 and doing some mods yourself would wield better results and save a thousand dollars.
>>
>>1821734
well there's other scooter for 2k. I would get a wolf warrior x
>>
>>1821740
Did they ever fix the front fork snapping clean off issue for the wolf series? I remember voro's response only was "pls don't overtighten nuts pls" when the manufacturer used a flawed wheel hub design, production process, and material for it. People were getting severely fucked up from it.
>>
>>1821746
That was with the last gen of scooters. I don't think that happened to anyone on the newer ones. I don't want to simp for kaboo but it seems like a freak accident that happened once.
>>
Are RION motors still scamming people out of their money? I see nothing but backers trying to get refunds for over a year unsuccessfully. The only mentions I see about people who supposedly got their scooters lead to Reddit on new burners accounts with a single post, which is the post stating that they finally got it and how amazing it is. Or posts mentioning that they got it but can't take pictures of it for some bullshit reason.
That's some hilarious damage control.
>>
>>1821918
probably just totally fucking up their business though a series of unfortunate events. This might sink them
>>
File: Boston-8-Hub-Pic500.jpg (394 KB, 1000x667)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
are there any bike hub shifters that can handle a fuckload of power?
>>
>>1822200
They aren't even the fastest or most well built production scooters in the world anymore either because they kept on dicking around. These fucking madmen are about to reach 100mph for about the same price with actual performance suspension so you don't fly over the handlebars on a small bump going over 70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mt_6ZrXGw8
>>
>>1822261
Jesus man what is the upper limit of scooters? There's not way this is stable. 11 inch tires? No way it needs at least 16s
>>
5000w middrive gives me ideas
>>
>>1822307
forgot pic
>>
i want something that i can race. like a dirt bike without all the noise but cheap.
>>
>>1822309
How cheap?
>>
>>1822310
i think i can spend upwards of $1k, but i am interested in what you have in mind regardless. i just really want something bold that i can zoom in. scooter was my first thought, but hitting a pothole sounds like game over on one of those things.
>>
>>1822311
well high performance is expensive. If you had a lot of money to spend I would suggest a Sur Ron. High end scooters have bigger tires and suspension so it's not as bad as you think.
Do you have an existing bike? I might suggest a BBSHD kit for it
>>
File: asfd.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1822312
>Do you have an existing bike? I might suggest a BBSHD kit for it
not a bad idea. i do not have any bike though so i may have to get a craigslist shitter from someone for cheap. i made a target list of features i want to achieve, not everything can be achieved of course. do you know of a good bike base i can start with? i'm thinking something like picrel but i may be going in the wrong direction.

>fast (35mph max no pedaling)
>quiet
>modular
>swappable battery
>comfortable seat
>good handling
>good suspension
>fat tires for offroading
>accommodates a 6ft 160 pound male
>easy and cheap to service and repair
>>
>>1822321
That sit down scooter is definitely not the way to go for performance. BBSHD will achieve about 30-35 without any pedaling. The rest of that is is all achievable if you just make sure the bike has good parts. If you really want to sit down that actually cuts down your options to basically just bikes. Stand up scooters are not super stable but at least you have the body position to make large adjustments.
>>
File: slack-core-img-09.jpg (448 KB, 1138x1092)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>1822305
I think 11in. slick tires. 90/60 6.5 and 110/50 6.5 according to their specs. The wide front fork suspension and long ass rear arm in the back at a completely horizontal angle probably helps way more with stability. The stubby swing arms at a weird angle with the deck and fork usually is what induces a lot of instability in some chinese scooters.
>>
File: 33be4268f1abb.jpg (58 KB, 750x750)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1822305
>>1822375
Looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Owyq7RSarQ they also installed an EREXX steering damper.
That damper alone costs 500.
>>
Best budget ebike?
>>
>>1822398
RadRunner 2
>>
Just passed 1000 miles on my Horizon. So far I love it, though it has some faults. The major ones that jump out to me:

The plastic back tire where the motor lives means it can get sketchy in the rain, under braking it will try and wiggle away from you. But when it is dry doing power slides is fun.

The mudflap on the back is cheap plastic and three of the four screws fell out, I've had to repair it a couple of times and when it's loose it makes a cheap plastic sound.

Headlights are low on the body of the scooter, so I wear a helmet with lights on it like a dork.

Range bar estimation is inconsistent and I can't quite figure it out. I can get 25 miles out of the thing if I'm conservative, but the range will go to one bar after about six miles, meaning I go back and forth between one and two bars for the next 19 miles.

But, this is by far and away the best way to get around DC. I maybe wish I had some more speed, but 23 or so MPH is more than enough for most auto traffic throughout the city. I don't have to deal with many hills, but even when I'm going up Connecticut avenue it still goes at about 16 MPH. Even more, I have ridden it through pretty torrential downpours and have never had an issue.

Only been in two accidents too.
>>
>>1822384
fair enough but tire diameter plays a big role in rolling over bumps and potholes. If I was going to spend way too much money on a ridiculous scooter it would probably be a Weped Dark Knight.
>>
>>1822556
That's not so bad anon. Sounds like you're getting the advertised range which is nice. Do you think you'll ever upgrade to something faster?
>>
>>1822723
I don't know how long to expect this scooter to last? If I get 3 or 4 thousand miles out of it I feel like that'd be a win, but I'll go for as long as it goes. After that I'll probably just get an electric motorcycle of some sort. I got to fool around with a Sur Ron and I could totally see myself using that or similar. Def won't need a car as long as I live in DC
>>
Someone finally released a P100S video. As everyone already predicted, performance-wise it's shit for the cost. They apparently fixed the speed issue through the app but it's nowhere near worth $2,000 even though it looks cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x4y15ZsWTQ
>>
>>1823142
It's worth it for certain people as long as it's built really well. It's for Euros that have speed limits for these things anyway and are tired of really cheap Chinese shit that's crappy feeling. It's the reason people but Audis when you can get a mustang that's faster for less
>>
File: PXL_20220709_220503175~2.jpg (2.46 MB, 4080x3072)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>1807310
R8 my esk8 m8s
>>
>>1823499
a tupperware?
>>
What the fuck are people doing trying to sell a busted up Boosted Rev for over 1k? I see a lot of these on the classifieds sitting for months at that price. This thing has no post-purchase support anymore because the company folded a long time ago and all the companies which were producing aftermarket replacement parts stopped making them due to lack of interest because of the flopped launch of the scooter.
>>
File: PXL_20220709_220522356.jpg (1.82 MB, 4080x3072)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>1823524
And some 1 inch skate hardware, straight through the board. Its cheap and what I had laying around, got about 1 inch ground clearance which isn't the best but works for me. Also it's waterproof which is a big win.
>>
>>1823581
Nice. What kind of specs are you rocking
>>
>>1823581
That MR30 connector isn't securely clicked together.
>>
File: PXL_20220710_042932477.jpg (1.56 MB, 3072x4080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>1823611
10s2p 6ah hoverboard battery , puaida dual hub motors, puaida integrated reciever and esc, a Tupperware brand container, and the deck of an old dance board that I picked up on the boardwalk for 50 bucks a few years ago.
Just ordered more of those batteries so I can toss an extra or two in a backpack for long hauls, but I railed on this thing for the last hour and put 12 miles on it driving as hard as I am personally capable in circles around where I live to test and the low battery indicator just began to blink. I finished it today and I fucking love it already
>>1823622
Yeah it is, that's just a dumb looking version of the connector that never looks fully clicked, pic related is what it looks like partially pulled out.
>>
>Electric Scooter in Perfection Condition $470
>one side looks like it's covered in road rash from a crash
>pajeet seller
Did he redeem
>>
>>1807310
What is odd is I have a co-worker who uses something like this but has a ball in the middle. Is it to maintain balance or something?
>>
File: 1657477721541.jpg (746 KB, 3240x3240)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
I wanna buy my first ebike. Something for the city, around 5 miles per day. Budget less than 800 GBP. Any recs?
>>
How expensive is to charge an ebike nowadays?
>>
>>1823913
like 10 cents. Look up how much electricity costs
>>
>>1823912
>800
do you already have a bike? Build your own
>>
File: MobilityScooter.jpg (48 KB, 600x576)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1807310
>>
>>1824057
>>1807387
>>
>>1824057
Why are there two headrests when it's clearly made for the width of one American?
>>
>>1823913
My electricity is 0.1835 €/kWh and my ebike battery is 832 Wh. Assuming that the charger is 85% efficient, taking the battery from 0% to 100% requires 979 Wh (0.979 kWh) of energy. And this would cost me 0.18€.
>>
>>1824223
It's for americans with 2 heads
>>
What do bros? My OKAI Neon started folding on itself when I ride it after a month. Can't fucking return it now.

Thinking of taking it to a shop. Damn electric scooters.
>>
>>1824470
You probably noticed by now that all the reviews calling that scooter amazing didn't do any actual stress tests or follow up reviews after hundreds to thousands of miles. They were just shilling for affiliate shekels. This applies to pretty much 90% of the electric scooters you see on the internet.
>>
>>1807334
if you are in the usa, Murf bikes.
>>
>>1824477
I fell for the Chinesium meme. Lesson learned I guess. Are there any brands out there that are actually reputable though? Any recommendations?

I don't wanna give up on escooters. They're still pretty fun to ride, all things considered.
>>
>>1824486
All of them are chinesium. You just need to buy from a dealer that will actually honor their warranty. Or you should have just bought a Ninebot Max for around that same price.
>>
>>1824486
>Ninebot
>Kaabo
>DualTron
>Inokim
>Apollo
>Ninebot
If you stick to these you should be fine. Just buy from one of the dealers in the OP. They all have support and a one year warranty
>>
>>1824521
People have been complaining about Voro Motors and Apollo a lot lately not keeping their end of the deal. Apollo even had to make a long "apology" video over not responding to warranty claims and shady practices which was not really even an apology.
>>
>Giant Escape
>BBS02
>52v
>35mph

Boy is it fast n' fun but I would not recommend.
>>
Why the fuck are things so cheap at e-rides.com? Almost all the scooters were literally half off. $1800 USD Dualtron Ultra still available. Fuck it'd almost be worth it just to find a company to forward ship it to the US since they won't ship scooters themselves outside the UK. Are they shutting down and liquidating or something? Or are they not legit?
>>
>>1824595
what's the issue?
>>
Rode some guy's surron this weekend. How do i replicate that thrill of speed with only $1,500 if I cannot afford $4k for a surron?
>>
>>1824787
feels very dangerous. This thing will pass cars.
>>
>>1824893
Yeah, but what's the issue?
>>
>>1824920
I prefer to not die
>>
>>1824955
git gud
>>
Where can I find these 10x3 hybrid offroad tires for a decent price from North American sellers? These things are price gouged at all the big performance scooter retailers at around $50 for a single tire without the tube even. They're of course cheap as fuck on Aliexpress and Alibaba but they'll come after September.
>>
>>1825186
>10x3 hybrid offroad tires
This listing says august
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832847748593.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Amazon has them for $38 and Alien Rides $40. That's always how it works. If you want it fast you have to pay more. Retailers need to make money
>>
You know shit's real when your doordash guy rode a fucking hoverboard
>>
>>1825512
being poor sucks
>>
container ship YM together arrived in local port over 6 days ago. still no sign of my scooter.
>>
>>1825530
Don't worry you'll get it in time for Halloween
>>
Anyone else have a kaabo mantis? I noticed that the steering column has a tiny bit of rotational play. If I hold the wheels in place with my foot and twist the handlebars like if I were to try to align the handlebars, they turn a little bit. The main bolt is also already tightened very fucking hard too.
>>
>>1807735
it's a moped style ebike with a cafe racer theme.
>>
Any good "stealth" or "sleeper" ebikes? Only one I've seen is the Roadster V2. I just like how clean it looks, but I'm not a big fan of the 1x.
>>
>>1826798
Luna Stealth Bike
>>
>>1826798
>Can the battery be removed?
>Yes, but not quickly. It is only designed to be removed when experiencing issues or for replacement purposes. Not for frequent removal.
I guess you have a garage to store your bike in?
>>
>>1807310
Why EMC and not EMG?
>>
Anyone have experience with radpower bikes? Been looking to get an ebike as it's more practical than the boosted board I have for where I live now but not sure what the right ebike is. I've mostly settled on the rad runner 2 or the plus, seems like most people tend to think the gears and front suspension is worth the extra $500 or so for the plus but open to other suggestions in similar price range.
>>
Do they make e scooters that sorta have a motorcycle or moped form factor, come with off road capability and cargo space, and good range. Possible one with auxiliary pedal power for down hill? Use case is I want to go shooting with it
>>
>>1828678
>>
>>1828678
Korean brands like the Wepeds or the new Dualtron City that has 15 inch wheels and a removable battery. Korean brands aren't cheap but you get what you pay for. You can mount a rack on the back of those because they're so big.
>>
>>1824470
>>1824477
>>1824486
>>1824514
>>1824521
>>1824562
Update: Best Buy finally let me exchange it, but I'm torn between the Ninebot MAX G30P and the new scooters from NIU. KQi2 Pro and the KQi3 Pro looks really nice. They also got a local retail store here.
>>
>>1828853
The KQi scooters are pretty new so no one really knows how they hold up yet in the long run. The Ninebot max is known to be a solid choice with a lot of aftermarket parts. It's an upgraded version of an really solid commuter. I owned one as a first scooter not too long ago and the only complaints I have about it was the secondary locking ring being flimsy plastic, but the folding mechanism is strong as is and it's a secondary safety measure. I had to upgrade the motor connectors to MR60 since the cheap ass bullet connectors can come loose and fry your controller. Also 20mph flashed feels pretty slow, you will outgrow any of those sub 1K single motor scooters quickly. If you can find any of those for cheaper on Craigslist or Facebook market for a low price with low miles you should refund it and buy used instead.
>>
>>1828678
Sounds like you're looking for a bike. Find a bike you like and build it out with a 1000w mid drive with a 52v battery. Should go 30-35 mph depending on weight and hearing
>>
>>1828972
Why do this instead of getting a pre-made moped style ebike like a radrunner or super73?
>>
>>1828990
not that anon, but diy will probably yield better performance for the equivalent dollar you're spending as opposed to premades.
>>
>>1828990
what the other guy said. I can make a 12kw ebike if I want. Good luck buying that
>>
>>1828994
>>1828995
How much work is that to do? Are you saying its just not worth buying pre-made e-bikes? Not the op for the scooter question and was planning on buying a premade (like a rad runner or some similar step through)
>>
>>1828997
It's not that hard. Especially if you use a mid drive which has an integrated controller. It's not that there's anything wrong with premade ebikes. It's that the companies are usually limited to local laws. If you have the money and you're happy with what you're getting then get the Rad
>>
>>1828999
>f you have the money and you're happy with what you're getting then get the Rad
I think i'll just start here. I wouldn't mind having a few e-bikes/scooters at home for when other people are here so we can use them to go to bars or get food which is pretty close by so maybe will end up making one down the line if i end up liking the Rad enough. How much does it usually cost (money and time) to make a decent diy ebike?
>>
>>1829001
Price depends on what performance you want. The most shit ones are $100 but I wouldn't recommend that. A 1000w BBSHD with a 52v 20ah battery is about $1200. That's what I would recommend if you want something that can still be pedaled and also be very powerful. You'll just have to research what kind of specs you want
>>
>>1829023
Are there any good central resources to get started on this?
>>
>>1829139
There's a local shop here that sells BBSHD as a kit with all of the accessories and they claim to have "excellent" build instructions with their kit. So maybe look if there's someone that sells a BBSHD kit with instructions that would ship to you.
>>
>>1829139
There's nothing official but this video is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rjx1-RVDEc
>>
File: 81GmzcoO3HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (236 KB, 1419x1402)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
Something like this can be installed on the same line as the other lights on most dual motor scooters right? No need to install the relay and all that in the kit?
>>
>>1821494
>won't disintegrate while I'm doing 20

have you lifted your scooter today? good biceps training
yea it's sturdy
>>
>>1828447
>Why
That's a good question. I just copied and pasted from before, maybe it should change.
If anyone wants to add dealers to the OP for next thread then tell me
>>
I'm looking into using a diy ebike for my commute instead of using up gas in my car. It's 3 miles long but I'd rather not get nasty. Would it be a bad idea to find a cheap bike and put a kit on it? I would prefer it to look stealthy, not a fan of having a xboxhueg battery for everyone to see
>>
>>1830394
It depends what you mean by cheap. You can get this style of battery, but if you want to be actually stealthy you're just going to have to spend money on a prebuilt
>>
>>1830394
>kit
>stealthy
Does not compute. Even if you limit your battery choice to one or two Chinese models that are made to look like water bottles, you'll still have cables running over the place and a controller box and a big hub motor.
>>
>>1811913
why did you go for the front hub?
>>
Can someone who has built battery packs explain to me why range extender packs need to be custom made? If I have a 60v 24ah battery in my scooter, why can't I just buy a smaller 60v blue brick, stuff it into a zipper pack, and run hook it up with the other battery and motors?
>>
>>1811913
>It's DIY though
you don't say
>>
>>1831197
probably because having the same cells with the same bms helps keeps things equal and balanced . In the EUC scene there has been a few mten3 battery fires because people were adding external batteries. I'm no expert though so I could be wrong

>>1811913
do you not get loss of traction on that front wheel?
>>
File: file.png (254 KB, 601x440)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
Do you guys know any mid-drive e-bikes with a motorcycle style seat like in the pic?

pic is an Ariel Grizzly
>>
File: Comfort-Cruiser-Specs.jpg (80 KB, 1024x683)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Are Pedego or Super 72 Ebikes any good if I want to manually pedal sometimes? Never used an Ebike before.
>>
what's the comfiest type of bike? i have a bony ass.
>>
>>1825186
https://www.heroriderusa.com/collections/parts/products/hero-s10-tire?variant=41547111039148
>>
>>1832952
I decided to just stick to 10x2.5. People have said 10x3 greatly decrease the battery range because of the rolling resistance and I haven't encountered speed wobbles / instability yet going almost 40mph in mode 3. I'm getting really good range right now in mode 2 on roads so I don't want to change that yet.
>>
If I am doing a diy with a kit, how do I find a good bike to use as a base if I don't already have one?
>>
>>1832584
Super 73 is awful for actually pedaling don't know about the other one
>>1832981
You just have to learn a out bikes as if you weren't using a kit
>>
>>1833117
is there any guide to learn? or considering i am very green, should i just go with a prebuild? i'm only considering diy so i can accelerate very fast from 0 on the cheap. is there a cheap prebuild that does that?
>>
>>1833137
Use the bike thread on this board or start googling. There's tons of free videos and stuff you can watch. Unless you're retarded and have no hands I recommend building it yourself. The only way to get a cheap illegal fast bike is to buy some bullshit of alibaba that probably has a bomb for a battery. It's likely that you will want either a road bike of a mountain bike but you just need to look up the other types of bike and determine what you need
>>
File: 1656996069655.png (614 KB, 1930x1146)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
Dumb question: Do you guys follow the stop signs? Or do you just ride on?
>>
>>1833320
yes. Not getting hit by a car is cool
>>
>>1833321
Well let me rephrase that again, even though it won't make a difference. I just mean when there is no car in sight since we got more view than cars.
>>
>>1833334
It depends on the location and how much visibility there is. If I see everything and I know one of the streets is just a cul-de-sac with 5 houses then I just roll through it
>>
>>1833334
If a cop is hiding out somewhere around a corner or in the bushes you will get a ticket even if there's no cars around.
>>
>>1833320
No stop signs on bike paths. But if I was riding somewhere without a bike path, then yes. I'm not American so there's not one every 200 metres.
>>
File: 20220801_175531.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x1816)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
scooter is finally fucking here, nothing chinky so far, fast as fuck, gonna test it on a 15k commute tomorrow.
>>
>>1833824
how much? also, don't go over any potholes.
>>
>>1833825
i'm taking it on bike paths so no potholes. also it was 1700 CAD with extra tires. 1000Wx2 and 52v23a lg battery
>>
I'm looking for a cheap electric scooter. Which one should I buy ? A Xiaomi one ?

Thank you for your advices.
>>
>>1834361
what is cheap to you
>>
>>1833826
Gear up with those dual motor scooters. Even a 10-15mph crash on a bike path can send you to the hospital with how scooters crash compared to bikes. Learned that the hard way.
>>
>>1834406
~500 USD
>>
>>1834606
Gotrax
>>
>>1828964
Yeah, the NIU scooters are too new so I decided on getting the Segway Ninebot MAX G30P instead. Pretty good so far. The way the folding mechanism is designed compared to the OKAI Neon gives me a lot more confidence that it won't suddenly fold up on me mid-ride.
>>
>>1833826
>>1833824
>1700 CAD
A fellow leaf. What's the scooter brand/model?
>>
>>1834656
Not that anon but it's a Quanzhou Titan / Unicool VDM-10.
>>
How hard is it to lift a Brompton Electric up a few stairs? My subway stop doesn't have """accessibility""" features like an escalator and elevator
>>
>>1835245
36lbs is not that bad
>>
>>1834623
lol
>>
>>1835845
why lol?
>>
>>1835855
Gotrax scooters are so unreliable and prone to electrical failure that they're basically temporary disposable scooters. They also don't honor their warranty policies. That anon could get a xiaomi for way less than 500. Even a used one would still last for thousands of miles with minimal maintenance. They'd look for something faster for get bored of it before anything failed on a xiaomi scooter.
>>
You guys are missing out on Laotie scooters. Theyre built like fucking tanks and are comfy rides. The stock controllers suck balls though, but a simple VESC or similar upgrade makes them perfect
>>
>>1836850

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.