[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Nobody talks about Esk8 edition

The purpose of this thread is to discuss various light electric modes of transportation, such as ebikes and escooters.

Reputable Dealers
https://alienrides.com/
https://revrides.com/
https://www.ewheels.com/
https://e-rides.com/
https://www.euco.us/
https://eevees.com/
https://www.voromotors.com/
https://fluidfreeride.com/
>>
fatsies only
>>
File: 1303195774195.jpg (81 KB, 439x512)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
bros, recommend me a good ebike. it will be my first one. i will use it primarily for riding the streets, maybe light off-roading.

2 most important features i'm looking for:

1. must be very comfortable. don't want to be hunched over like on a racing bike

2. good range, hopefully 30 miles

I also want to find one that folds up, so I can easily transport it in my car.

My budget goes up to 4k, but ideally i'd like to spend around 2k.

thanks guys
>>
>>1807334
How much do you want to pedal?
>>
>>1807372

let's say about 30% of the time, and never uphill
>>
>>1807381
just get a car, fattyboombatty
>>
>>1807381
Polarna M6 or Lectric Xpremium should work for you
>>
File: ca1.png (115 KB, 1800x1578)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1807318
>>1807384
>>
File: pupp.jpg (32 KB, 500x374)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1807386

looking them up right now, thanks bro
>>
>>1807389
For some reason bikies need to shitpost in this thread even though half the board is for bikes and there are only 2 generals for electric shit
>>
File: uawerfhik.png (298 KB, 972x882)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>1807310
what type of ebike is picrel? i know the brand am i was interested in the $1,500 USD model but i am wondering if there was something cheaper or something better that I shoudl consider.
>>
Can you fit a belly stand to an e scooter? Sometimes mine sags and slaps my knees while I ride
>>
>>1807735
This would be a cafe racer frame bike
>>
ok i actually have a lot of questions, but to save me spamming the thread, is there a wiki around?
>>
>>1807747
I don't think so. This is a slow board anyway. Just ask whatever you want
>>
>>1807747
E bike faq
Max weight limit: 200kg (you’re too heavy)
Max speed: 25kmh but not with you on it fatty
>>
>>1807781
good to know, i'm not that heavy anyway
>>1807778
>which is cheaper to optimize for, high range or high speed?
>what's the cheap to repair and easy to repair models/brands?
>what should i look for when i am thinking of going offroad?
>anything a noob like me should probably be aware of before getting a scotter/ebike?
>is wearing a helmet pretty much the only safety stuff you need or is there more?
>what are the use cases for ebike and escooter? or are they both just a matter of preference
>>
>>1807787
The lightest regular poster in here is 132kg@5’2
>>
>>1807789
what bf%?
>>
>>1807790
100%
>>
>>1807791
wow, i'll keep my time here short then.
>>
>>1807787
>which is cheaper to optimize for, high range or high speed?
They usually grow in relation to each other proportionally if you're buying something fully assembled.
>what's the cheap to repair and easy to repair models/brands?
depends on what type of vehicle you want. Generally bikes are the easiest but they're all a pain in the ass
>what should i look for when i am thinking of going offroad?
Suspension, power and off road tires
>anything a noob like me should probably be aware of before getting a scotter/ebike?
look up your local laws
>is wearing a helmet pretty much the only safety stuff you need or is there more?
they amount of gear you wear is up to you. If you fall off you're prone to sliding on asphalt which doesn't feel good.
>what are the use cases for ebike and escooter? or are they both just a matter of preference
Ebikes have a lot of gay regulations so it's hard to find one with some real performance. They have the most practicality in terms of cargo and they're the most stable but the cost/performance sucks ass. Scooters are a lot faster and go farther for the same money they have less cargo space and are less stable.
>>
>>1807789
I'm 6'2 165lbs refer to
>>1807387
>>
File: shittydykes.jpg (127 KB, 1000x750)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Hey guys I got drunk tonight and found a stolen CitiBike that had been painted over on the sidewalk. I rode it home and it still had a charge.

What should I do with it?
>>
You are all lazy faggots
>>
File: dogartist.jpg (2.47 MB, 2244x2904)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
Asking again

What is the higher iq option - getting an e-bike or getting a regular bicycle along with an e-bike conversion kit?
>>
>>1807310
What's to stop me sitting cross legged on one of those things and whizzing around like a floating Buddhist monk?
>>
>>1808821
Getting a bicycle and a scooter, both together will still be half the price of an e bike, and you can use the scooter when you're tired/cba commuting.
>>
>>1808628
well I suppose you should check if there's a tracking device in it. If you want to keep it I guess I would remove the branding and remove the things that make it look like a citibike like the basket and rear fender.
>>1808821
Regular bike and a bike kit offers better value. The money you're willing to spend on this affects the answer. If you're not going to spend a lot dividing your funds between a bike and a scooter does not make any sense.
>>1808824
Nothing. You're free
>>
Thinking about replacing my POS junker car with either a scooter or an ebike. What's something utilitarian for quick errands but still fun for a 6 foot tall man? I think I would be ok spending $2,000 if parts are availiable to repair it and it is reliable.
>>
>>1809023
Get a step through bike like a Rad Runner 2. A scooter would be faster and more fun but you'll have to figure out your own cargo solution
>>
>>1809026
Looks good and practical. Thanks. Now one more... Let's say I'm gonna max out on fun. What scooter would you reccomend? Might flip a coin on a choice.
>>
>>1809040
Kaabo Wolf Warrior x or a Vsett 10+ with the 25ah battery. The vsett is a bit more money but it does slightly faster and has a good little bit more battery
>>
Got my mid-drive Bafang motor running. However, my rear shift cable runs along the bottom of the frame and the motor has a tendency to just ever so slightly shift upward. It'll pinch the cable and prevent shifting. With a bit of force, I can shift it back down so the cable can move freely again, but this happens again after a few minutes of riding. I tightened the fuck out of the locknuts so I can't imagine tightening it anymore. Any ideas to fix this beyond putting housing on that part of the cable (which I don't think would fit anyway)?
>>
month 3, the vdm-10 from alibaba is still on a cargo ship.
>>
>>1809309

you wanted to cheap out and not "pay double for the same thing" so you're on your own
>>
>>1809309
Can't you get a refund?
>>
>>1809399
it's already sent, I'm not gonna get a refund if it's actually on it's way, they just sat on their asses during chinese holiday
>>1809337
still worth it than paying way more, the equivalent zero 10x with a 52v lg battery is like 2500 cad, or more, payed 1200 usd with extra tires.
>>
>>1809486
there have been sellers just lying about the LG batteries. And if it's doa you're out of luck. But you're right if none of that stuff happens it's fine. It's just a gamble
>>
I'm having a hard time choosing between the middrive ebike motor models.
Bafang 750w BBS02 vs to 1000w BBSHD.
I've done a ton of research and get conflicting info on it. Some say the HD is built heavier and to get it for the extra power and reliability, others say it's the same motor but 200$ more.

Any tips? The whole projects budget is 1k with an existing bike, so with the higher spec 650$ one I only have 350$ for the battery and accessories.
>>
>>1809524
Go with the cheaper one and get a 20 ah battery. Big motor isn't worth it without big battery
>>
>>1809527
True, but isn't it easier to upgrade battery in the future than to need a whole new motor if the 750 isn't enough?
>>
>>1809497
I got it from Quanzhou Titan who are the original manufacturer of the VDM-10 and most of the scooters on the market, so I think it will be legit.
>>
>>1809530
I guess you could upgrade either without much hassle. 750 for middrive is still strong. YOu would get more torque than a 1000 watt hub
>>
>>1809538
I guess I'm only worried being a big guy. I'm 6'4 240lbs, and I'm mostly wanting to bike logging roads which are pretty hilly.
the 750 with a small front sprocket might actually be the ticket. It will be much slower, but like a good mule it will get there eventually lol
>>
>>1807310
what would be the downsides to using a car battery as a cheap power source for a beater ebike?
bought a 250w go car conversion kit and want to make long flats and hilly sections on my commute more bearable
eurocuck so will have to add a fake pedal sensor
>>
I’m 450lb, what should I be eating to gain enough weight to ride a mobility scooter?
>>
>>1809651
Assuming you are American, 450 is already a pretty good weight for mid-class scooters. If you're looking to get into something like a Pride Maxima, Merits Silverado, or Afiscooter S series scooters then almost anything calorie dense will work. Try to watch your sugar intake. Diabetes can cause limb loss which will kill your gains. I'd avoid things that require a lot of prep to avoid calorie loss as well. If possible order through Amazon or get what you need delivered to your door with doordash or the like. Always remember to eat for 2-3 (not difficult for us in America). CI/CO is vital.

Some recs:
>processed meats
>canned cheese spreads
>soft drinks/alcohol (be careful of sugar)
>fast food in general (avoid salads without dressing)
>>
>>1809648
The down sides are that it would be heavy and weak. There's a reason e bike didn't take off prior to lithium batteries. It would work though so if that's what you have then do it
>>1809651
>>1809694
mobility scooters are not /emc//
>>
>>1809725
is there a limit to the constant power drawn? the data sheets only went into maximum output (generally about 600 A) but i would be using a lot less than that as I'm limiting myself to 250W anyways, realistically 250 A before powerloss from a converter (until I'll build something new if I know how law enforcement behaves)
>>
>>1809548
BBSHD is gonna shed heat better than the BBSO2, even if you don't need more torque/power that it offers, it's a lot less prone to burning up, esp with your size. The best upgrade investment is a Lekkie narrow/wide chainring over the standard issue Bafang one, just make sure the offset works with your donor bike of choice, the straighter the chainline the better.
>>
>>1809844
there shouldn't be an issue if you're drawing less then half of the max. If anything when you're testing it just make sure it isn't getting too hot
>>
>>1809880
great. i'll keep you updated!
>>
File: 1511899952913.gif (388 KB, 800x1007)
388 KB
388 KB GIF
>>1807310
The thing I've enjoyed most about my ebike, for the two years I've had it now, is that the assistance you get up to 25 km/h completely elimitates the roadrage I felt before. We all know how it is on a bike normally:
>You just gotta make that light before it turns red.
>Those FUCKING pedestrians walking into the street in front of you.
>Riding along with a bus that sees passengers getting on and off right in front of you
Every time you have to brake, you can feel the blood boiling, but that isn't because you have to stop... It's because you have to START again.

On an ebike, I don't have to be the asshole yelling "MOVE RETARD!" anymore. Instead, some peddie will walk into the bikelane without noticing, I'll have to brake and when they notice me, they get embarrassed and hurry out of the way. It's great!
>>
File: minibiker.jpg (194 KB, 1536x954)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
anyone ever rode one of these? i like razor's whole line and they look cheap to modify but this looks too small for an adult. anything similar for adults in that price range?
>>
File: file.png (747 KB, 1600x900)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>1807334
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. I've put about 500 miles on it and I fucking love it. I put a baby seat on the back for my daughter and we just ride around the local bike/pedestrian trails, waving at all of the hot milf's jogging by. It gets like 50070 miles/charge depending on how much boost you dial in, and it's the perfect sitting position. It cost just under 4k out the door with taxes and a few upgrades.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-vado-3-0-igh/p/199868?color=320741-199868
>>
>>1810568
At least it's a nice colour.
>>
>>1810568
Incredibly overpriced what it is especially having budget parts all over, basically an i-phone of electric bikes. Guess the color is nice.
>>
Anyone here have a Surron? I really want to buy one but I know they sit in sort of a "grey zone" as far as being kind of an ebike and sort of a dirt bike. I don't want to be hassled by cops and get tickets and shit
>>
>>1811603
>I know they sit in sort of a "grey zone"
as has been spouted many times before on here. They're unregistered electric mopeds, so it's illegal.
>>
>>1811622
I like them kinda, do they come with any sort of certificate that would make them title-able later?
Even dirt bikes have kits that let you make them road legal, and this is even better cause no one is going to question emissions.
>>
File: 29016-12-2082745306.jpg (611 KB, 2500x1574)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>1810555
i have a razor mx350
seat is 50cm off the ground and i fit comfortably on it (6'1) and 60kg so i dont weight it down heaps

top speed ive gotten it on a flat road is 25kmh with stock 24v everything

very small and compact fits in the boot of my tiny sedan

charge lasts 30min-hour full charge

takes around 3 hours to charge

struggles on an uphill incline (rode it up escalators in a mall)
highly recommend the 48v upgrade (motor, controller, battery, variable speed throttle etc)

very cheap base price but the upgrade will get it up to 50kmh and last about and hour depending on amp hour of the battery or batteries chosen

very modular in terms of battery as its just electrical wiring shit so if u dont want to drop 500 aud on a 48v battery as i will have to, you can wire multiple batteries together (powertool batteries for example) in a series and still achieve 48v and whatever amp hours.

very good pocket rocket, extremely small. only good on pavements and indoor stuff (carparks, malls etc)

good for fucking around at speed in places you shouldnt be with it but not good for long distance without a higher AH batt than stock

very cheap entry level fuckaround bike do recommend

got mine secondhand from gumtree $150 aud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrHuegzRIf8
>>
>>1811714
Thanks for the comprehensive answer anon :)

I'm slightly shorter than you but similar weight(70kg). I should fit, but I am not sure if i will be too heavy.

Also is there a genre of bikes like this in general or it a razor speecific thing? I like the appeal of cheap modifable modular electric bikes. It sounds like a lot of fun!
>>
File: fIIDO t!.png (2.88 MB, 2000x1000)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
Hey y'all I was thinking about getting my first e-bike I'm highly considering the Fiido T1 and am thinking about delivering food like doordash do y'all think this is a good idea? and would their be better bikes for this?
>>
I bought my conversion kit off Amazon. $500 total. It's DIY though
>>
>>1811909
I've certainly heard worse ideas. You're probably going to want a spare battery to increase your range.
>>
>>1811949
yeah I was thinking that but I'm not sure how to use a second battery with this one
>>
>>1811913
DIY e bikes are so cringe it's unreal. just get better at pedalling you're fat ass around, it isn't even that hard.
>>
>>1811970
what do your mean anon? You take it out and put the new one in
>>
>>1811989
>>1807387
>>
File: nigging overwhelming.webm (1.49 MB, 334x520)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB WEBM
>>1808628
stop stealing shit tyrone
>>
>>1807310
so, mid to high-end ebikes
considering a vanmoof S5, maybe a Cowboy 4 although they seem less well-known, but they do offer free trials so will do so
any thoughts?
>>
>>1812318
>vanmoof S5
garbage specs for the price from silicone valley tier companies. Are you a eurofag?
>>
File: 1654636780099.gif (1.9 MB, 320x200)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>1812064
I thought he was just being germaphobic
>>
>>1812064
Locked my scooter outside a store just to go in for a minute and some hoodrat was already standing next to it scoping it out not even 30 seconds later. NEVER RELAX.
>>
File: 61bb499s-960.jpg (141 KB, 800x533)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>1812064
>>
I was thinking of converting my current bike to an ebike. I don't need anything too fancy, just something that has good speed and mileage.

Any suggestions, or should I just look into buying a new bike entirely?
>>
>>1812822
BBSHD
>>
File: wec4uHR[1].png (201 KB, 658x437)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
How faggy is this thing?
I just want a regular looking (not those retarded shorty ones for manlets) bike with a top speed of ~27mph, good range and <3k. Is that possible?
>>
>>1812539
>perfectly climbable fence right next to the gate
>>
>>1813293
I'm not really a fan of really expensive ebikes. There's really not much value in them
>>
>>1813316
what has value then?
>>
>>1813928
Decorative statuettes of anime ladies presenting their anus to the viewer
>>
>>1813928
building one yourself. I can easily price out a bike that would destroy the one you posted for $3k. Problem is that ebikes have a bunch of gay regulations so companies add a bunch of silicones valley bullshit to get you to buy it
>>
>>1813953
>destroy the one you posted
E-Bike Wars, we need to make this happen
>>
>>1813293
Was this the bike where the battery isn't removable, so if you live in an apartment, you have to take the whole bike with you if you want to charge it?
>>
>>1813953
can you give me a build? i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
>>
>>1816015
bbshd middrive with a 1000wh battery will run about $1300 minus the bike.
How much of an asshole you want to be depends on your budget. I've seen 12kw hub motors for ebikes
>>
>>1816015
>i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
Homeschooled, eh?
>>
>>1816015
>i wanna make something that says fuck you to "regualtions"
Buy an electric motorcycle, take off the license plate and drive it without a license.
>>
Surely it’s best to get an e-bike with loads of suspension everywhere, “Dutch style” handlebars and fat tyres if using it to carry kids about?

The slowness from the fat tyres is negated by the electric motor?
>>
>>1816146
>The slowness from the fat tyres is negated by the electric motor?
To a degree. If you have a speed limiter, which is usually mandated for ebikes to be road legal, then it will only take you to a certain speed with the electricity and then it's all muscle. So the slowness still plays a part when you're cycling above the speed limit. But if 25 km/h, or whatever your local limit is, is enough for you, then it's basically negated.

And if you don't a shit about speed limiters, then a fatbike with a 1000W motor probably does like 50 km/h on a flat surface and you probably won't give a shit about your slow, fat tyres.
>>
500W 32kph ebikes are legal to use on bike lanes here (Toronto)

Any recommendations? I'd like it to not look retarded and am fine to pedal but would like it to have good power & range for uphill sections. I would probably use it in conjunction with some cargo bags on the back wheel in case I want to go grocery shopping.
>>
>>1816240
just buy a 1000w chinese bike
>>
>>1816240
It's pretty funny that we allow motors to go up to 1000 W but we have a lower speed limit of 25 km/h.
>>
>>1816240
>>
>>1816270
lmao are those stickers to cover up the 1000W info?
>>
>>1816283
Surely it's not a crime to slap a sticker onto an electric motor.
>>
>>1816283
yeah it's to bullshit the cops
>>
File: file.png (1.57 MB, 1239x826)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Can you recommend a hybrid/commuter bike to pair with a BBSHD?

I'm guessing I want something like this
>Fenders
>Kickstand
>Back tire rack (will be using large panniers)
>Front light
>>
File: nostepthrubike.jpg (180 KB, 1676x718)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
I'm considering an ebike. My commute is 9.5 miles each way and 7 of those miles are on bike trails. The Ride1up Core-5 looks bretty gud but I would really like a torque sensor. What are some cheap options for normal-looking commuter bikes with torque sensors and ~20 miles of range at UNLIMITED POWER?
>>
>>1817303
https://www.radpowerbikes.com/collections/electric-city-commuter-bikes/products/radcity-electric-commuter-bike
>>
>>1817318
>cadence sensor
I would buy it immediately if it was $1400 with fenders, a rack, light, and torque sensor.
>>
>>1817303
You probably want fenders to keep dirt away.
>>
>>1817321
This one has a torque sensor. I think they only put them on bikes that are higher end than the one you originally posted. This one is more but it also has a larger battery and all the other features you want. Has 2 frame designs

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/crosscurrent-x-step-through?variant=39313974591552
>>
File: Cake.png (542 KB, 1200x1200)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
Sur Ron for rich people
>>
>>1817607
How rich do you have to be?
>>
>>1817616
It's like $12k. The value is not that great though. It's probably built really well
>>
>>1817619
Yeah, not my play money either.
>>
I got a new job with the commute of pic related. It’s only 5 miles but it’s a gentle uphill pretty much the whole way and I don’t want to get sweaty. I’m not sure if they have showers (or whether I’ll want to use them) so would you recommend an E-bike or an E-scooter for this journey? There a also a slightly longer way to get three which is mostly cycle paths and residential areas.
Please help me choose.
>>
>>1819319
Forgot pic.
>>
>>1819322
E bikes are safer and better at everything, escooters are smaller and more fun and repulse women
I personally detest women so the choice was easy for me
>>
>>1819322
Take voi
>>
>>1819364
It costs £35 per month which means in 10 months I could just buy a scooter.
>>
>>1819319
Ebike with a Bafang BBSHD + throttle. You can ride it like a bike, you can ride it like a small electric moped, what's not to love?
>>
>>1819322
depends on how much money you want to spend. Low end scooters are kinda crappy but higher end ones have dual suspension and bigger pneumatic tires. If you want to be a weirdo like me you could get a EUC
>>
File: B-52.jpg (82 KB, 1200x855)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I dream of speed
>>
What’s some e shit that’s like a super 73 but not?
>>
>>1819539
https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/scrambler?variant=39327783059520
>>
>>1807310
Did /n/iqqas fall for the One Wheel meme?
>>
>>1819913
I almost bought one but I got a EUC instead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.