[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: iStock-650714360.jpg (1.12 MB, 2120x1415)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>commute home from work
>huge bike lane
>some faggot with his two kindergarten age daughters
>let's her run across the street completely oblivious
>little girls runs straight onto bike lane as I approach
>do an emergency brake
>fly over the bike
>steering tube bent
>rear wheel axle comes lose, bending rim
>brand new bell is broken
>bloody scrapes on my left arm
>guy comes over and says with an apathetic, bored voice: "UH,... I'M SORRY."
>don't even say a word to him and just move on
>carry my bike all the way home

Should have rammed that little girl full speed + punched her faggot father in the face. It's wide af street. Why don't you teach your kids to have basic peripheral vision? What if it wasn't a bicycle but a car next time?

Did you ever get in a similar situation where pedestrians don't give a single fuck and just walk right into your way as if they do it on purpose?
>>
Serves you right for being a pussy, attempt to avoid out of control children and dogs, but not to the point where you are putting your own safety at risk. You were in the bike lane, you were doing everything right, the faggot with the kids would have been solely to blame had you struck the little shit and spread the contents of her tiny cranium across the pavement.

Now you're bike is fucked and nobody gives a fuck, least of all us.
>>
bikes doesnt have plates, you should've hit and runned the little shit
>>
>>1802389
>You were in the bike lane, you were doing everything right, the faggot with the kids would have been solely to blame had you struck the little shit
>>1802414
>you should've hit and runned the little shit
I think your theories are nice, but let's be real: It doesn't matter if the kid deliberately ran across the street and onto the bike lane without looking, in the end it would have been me that's fucked because any judge will rule in favor of pedestrians no matter how retarded they are, especially kids.
>>
>>1802387
>Not slowing to a crawl around small kids
Lesson learned
>>
>>1802387
>is autismo
>can't perform emergency stop
>wrecks bike
>makes thread about this utter faggotry
>blames child
>implies he would use violence to "solve" this situation
wow you're really racking it up here. consider suicide.
>>
>>1802469
It was a backpedal brake bike. The little shit came out of nowhere. On the fucking bike lane. You know,... the one meant for bike traffic. Faggot.
>>
>>1802476
consider riding something that isn't a piece of shit. Unexpected things will happen deal with it
>>
>>1802476
Riding a junker in the bike lane way too fast while being unobservant? Cmon bro you were drunk weren't you?
>>
>>1802387
Wow look at all the edgelords in this thread. Live and learn OP.
>>
>>1802501
got monkeypox homo
>>
>>1802505
How's the VAIDs going?
>>
>>1802501
>crash into pedestrian
>totally fuck your bike up
feels like it might just be self interest taking more care
>>
>>1802387
noob, learn from your mistake, this type of shit wouldn't fly if you drove a car for example, you could ruin your life or die from getting into an accident
>>
>not killing the children with your bicycle

LOL
>>
>>1802476
>backpedal brake bike
it's fucking trash, this board has an insane cope for garbage bikes, coaster brakes are only fitted to dutch/cruiser bikes anyway ffs, you shouldn't be riding fast with them, and you had a front brake surely since you went over the bars

>rear wheel axle comes lose, bending rim
lol what the fuck, you didn't even torque the rear wheel nuts properly?
>>
>>1802556
Coaster brakes stop on a dime and do mad skidz. Maybe you need to... um.... get good? Have you ever tried it?
>>
>>1802551
>this type of shit wouldn't fly if you drove a car for example
It would actually

if a cyclist darted into the path of a car, illegally, and you hit them, there'd be next to no consequences, infact most car drivers/people would support you and blame the cyclist.

IMO the larger, faster, more dangerous entity is always responsible for the safety of the more vulnerable one. And should leave a margin of caution, to account for any random/poor action. It's your responsibility.

So, it's a cyclists responsibility to look after pedestrians. It's a drivers responsiblity to look after cyclists. It's a truck drivers responsibility to look after cars. That's not actually how it works and it's not how most people think. In reality it tends to work the opposite way, 'might is right'.
>>
File: tae bicycle.gif (3.78 MB, 500x460)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB GIF
>>1802556
>you didn't even torque the rear wheel nuts properly?
It's a super ghetto beach cruiser I've built myself out of junk. It's single speed and chain alignment was achieved by using a bunch of washers. Of fucking course the wheel will come lose if you crash that shit.
>>
>>1802581
you just suck, your bike and this thread is pathetic, you wouldn't have crashed if you had a good bike and weren't retarded
>>
>>1802433
if done properly an hit and run do not end up in tribunal
>>
>>1802476
you're shit. have been, are now, always will be.
>>
>>1802469
this
>>
>>1802387
Somebody will more art skill than me make a “virgin biker vs Chad little girl” meme plz
>>
>>1802387
Pedestrians have right of way, deal with it and learn to observe.
>>
>>1803104
They don't, though. What backwards country are you from.
>>
>>1803106
They do, though.
>What backwards country are you from
The one that sets the standard for road safety
>The Highway Code
>https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-highway-code-8-changes-you-need-to-know-from-29-january-2022

Explained for the illiterate
>https://www.motoringresearch.com/advice/hierarchy-of-road-users/
>>
>>1802387
>cycling so fast you literally hurt yourself slowing down
Deserved it, too bad you didn't break your faggot skull.
>>
>ring bell approaching lady today
>no reaction
>slowly pass
>YOU SHOULD HAVE A BELL!

Bells don't work on the self absorbed.
>>
>>1803107
>bongistan
kys
>>
File: howard.jpg (19 KB, 210x240)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1803117
I yell until they move.
>>
>>1803117
Saw this based black guy making siren noises (with his mouth) at people and it was so effective.
>BWOOOOP BWOOOOP
Like a police car and it was like he had invincibility turned on.
>>
>>1802389
/thread
Bitchboy got fucked lmao.
>>
>>1803226
when I was a courier one of the guys made this siren noise with his mouth that was uncannily realistic, people would jump the fuck out and run, cars would literally move out of his way, potheads would hide their shit
it was hilarious
>>
>>1802581
You wanting to injure a child is austimo as fuck but the more you describe your bike the more intreged I am.

When you say you made it yourself how much of it did you put together? Any pics of it?(pre or post crash)
>>
ALL CHILDREN MUST DIE
>>
Yea someone pulled out from a side road on me last week and I am so fed up of it that I carried on at the speed I was going, maybe peddled a bit harder and pushed myself over the front wheel and made first contact with the car with my shoulders and chest making it look like I had smashed the front brake in in an attempt to stop. This scared 10 shades of shit out of the idiot drive who I then proceeded to shout at and abuse so hopefully they learned to look before pulling out too far. My bike was fine
>>
>>1802387
>Be OP
>Faggot AND poor
>Ride complete junker down street
>Essentially no brakes
>Go too fast
>Crash
>Seethe about in on 4channel
How is it possible to be this retarded???
>>
>>1803709
There is no such thing as "going too fast"
What are you, fucking gay?
>>
>>1803716
Tell that to the judge when you're on trial for killing a 5 year old lmao
>>
>>1804460
It was a bike lane, average speeds are gonna be 25-32Km/h
>>
For my own safety I just jump everything personally kids dogs cats curbs obstacles of all kinds you name it
>>
>>1805103
...so then you should have the brakes to safely stop from that speed. OP is a retard who should be hanged
>>
File: IMG_3280.jpg (411 KB, 1371x880)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>mogs your path
>>
>>1806158
In all my years of biking, I've never in my life seen someone ride these. Are they popular somewhere?
>>
>>1806165

Lots of them in Minnesota, especially in the fall when people start training up for the cross-country ski season.
>>
>>1806165
i've seen one guy in sweden
>>
>>1806233
southern sweden where we don't get much snow btw. maybe they're more common in mid/northern sweden where they do triathlons and such as well.
>>
>>1803130
I love yelling profanities right as I pass the shitheads at 35km/h
>>
>>1802387
>Did you ever get in a similar situation where pedestrians don't give a single fuck and just walk right into your way as if they do it on purpose?
that was just my daily commute in China
>>
>>1802387
Let me guess. Not a white family?
>>
>>1802387
The amount of people I see without looking before crossing and not looking as they cross AND walking slowly drives me mad.
>>
>>1802433
he did it on purpose, we yejibros are a persecuted minority
>>
>>1802387
>Should have rammed that little girl full speed
me too
>>
>>1802433
you mean the justice system wouldn't view you favourably for running over small barely sentient children who are hardly even aware of two feet around them at any given time despite your watertight inalienable rights as some bike faggot riding in the designated bike lane? shocker. you don't say? i swear this website's users get more and more fucking braindead with each passing minute. the law in any civilised country still requires you to yield to a pedestrian when in a car and someone crosses the road on a green light so why would this be any different you fuckwit? yes, avoid running people over. i'm glad you're able to grasp this despite how many mental gymnastics you need to do to try and make yourself seem like some sort of victim in your gay scenario.
>>
>>1802387
You should have been more attentive to your surroundings. If you are, you don't come into situations like these. Kids are generally not as aware as adults. When kids are near, be extra cautious.
>>
>>1802387
I get into these situations every day in my job as a bike messenger. People are just retarded. Good peripheral vision is associated with high IQ. Yours obviously isn't that good. No offence.
>>
>>1809430
This is like bragging about working in McDonald’s lol
>>
>>1809429
Yeah, fucking this; I actually pay more attention on a local path now than I did before it was put in - seems there's always some pedestrian blithely strolling out into it, usually looking at his or her phone.
Right of way is no guarantee of anything, least of all safety...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.