[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 71 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: menace.jpg (432 KB, 1506x1300)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
Does /n/ agree with Mr. Cuozzo's latest opinion piece about ebikes? He's been right about bike stuff before. For example September 1, 2018, when he dropped the ultimate truth bomb on the 5 boroughs.
>>
>>1802146
>people are not using our shit public transport so now we have to ban the thing that's better
>>
>>1802150
ebikes are for faggots. are you a faggot?
>>
Mate, do me a favor
Apparently this filtering business doesn't hide your posts if you're the OP
So uh.... refrain from creating threads, you cunt
>>
this guy need to be in a 1v1 fight with louis rossmann
>>
I need pictures, pictures of e-bikes!
>>
>>1802203
what is this the sopranos
anyway he would absolutely demolish that manlet
>>
>ahhhhh help me cagerman, we need to ban diversified transit
>>
>>1802146
>For example September 1, 2018, when he dropped the ultimate truth bomb on the 5 boroughs.
OK, what was that?
>>
>>1802158
people that make these statements because their ego is frail are unfortunate
>>
>>1802220
people that make posts like this because they enjoy sucking cocks, are faggots
>>
>>1802146
bicycle is the 4chan of transportation. we can be cunts, but we are also accepting and capable of awesome things, and generally just have fun with our oldschool analog ways.
e-bikers would be the election tourists, they heard that biking is cool and unregulated but don't even bother turning the pedals to fit in, they bring their new motorized ways to the temple. they are always low effort, so they neither have fun nor restraint, they just do whatever because they can. run every red? ride over posted speed limit for cars? cut across the road and ride against traffic? lmao who's gonna catch you, road jannies can't even be bothered with motorcycles and those have plates and can be heard 5 blocks over.
>>
File: cycling-giga.jpg (289 KB, 800x1200)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>1802146
Ekikes are useful for weak soidrinking homos and women but they have to have number plates and only be allowed on roads. Simple as...
>>
>>1802263
mopeds have always existed. I dont get why ebikes get the pass and dont need licence plates.
>>
>>1802220
people make these retorts because their legs are frail.
>>
File: bro.jpg (374 KB, 1376x1270)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>1802217
He said the quiet part out loud
>>
>>1802277
Lmao did he walk into a cyclist to get this fucking butthurt? Also get fucked Cuozzo, you old cunt, you'll be dead in five years anyway, not worth pandering to your kind at this point.
>>
>>1802278
He speaks for New Yorkers of all ages. That's why he's so popular.

I for one would rather get run over by an Action Carting truck than have my city be taken over by 2 million bike karens who look like Martin Shkreli. Bike activists are the best anti-bike propaganda ever invented. Lack of bike lanes is not a real problem, it's a distraction invented by anti-bike people. The actual purpose of bike lanes is to specify where people are allowed to use bicycles and where they aren't, so that motorists can feel reassured every time they run over someone while texting. They are pretty much the same thing as helmet laws, except that they serve an additional purpose which is to designate which neighborhoods have (supposedly) been gentrified.

Are you in the real estate industry btw? Only real estate shills are this obsessed over putting their magic green paint everywhere. Probably makes it a lot easier to push another shoddy rat-infested apartment on clueless transplants. Oh hey look there's some green parking spaces, this will surely make things safer for me!
>>
>>1802281
>That's why he's so popular.
I've never even heard of him, also why are dicks like him paid for their crap opinions? Any free comment section on the Internet is higher quality than the dog shit he writes.
>>
>>1802146
When you have an increase in usage, it is statistically normal to have an increase in incidents. Most of em are just retards who never biked in a city before, banning e-bikes won't do shit.
>>
The old man isn't wrong. Bike lanes never get used where I live and just cause congestion because they took valuable road space.
Waste of resources
>>
>>1802277
>waaah WHYPIPO ARE RUINING EVERYTHING
maybe if niggers didn’t destroy public transport biking wouldn’t be as popular.
>>
File: silvertards.jpg (252 KB, 1606x400)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>1802301
And now that the terminally online /pol/tard teenagers have had a chance to talk, what do the adults think?
>>
>>1802306
a nigger shot up a subway a month ago. if you’re going to bring race into this don’t whine when it isn’t just anti-white bullshit.
>>
>>1802263
>>1802267
Seethe faggots, chicken leg me will go past you over 50km/h and there's not a fucking thing you or any cuck cop is gonna do about it.
>>
>>1802146
Buh bwah bwah bwah - shut up, boomer. Can anyone catch a break in NYC or do they have to tax and regulate every fucking thing? It's bad enough it costs a fortune to live there. Why not tax and regulate walking? Let's have "no running" enforcement cameras, why not (these could be useful for ape-gait pre-chimpout/violence prevention though).
>>
>>1802146
He’s right. Riding an e bike is just the Costco sample version of driving a car.
>>
He's not entirely wrong but pointing at pedestrian being in danger is silly. Ban cars first, they are actually heavy and fast and will injure pedestrian on collision. Bikes are also unpleasant to collide with, but it's more of a similar weight class.
He should point out much more the fact that ebike users have no regard for traffic regulations because they are undetectable, have no loicense, and no plates. There's no incentive not to run the red light if you are certain you can do it and live.
>>
>>1802229
>>1802268
Cycloids are just as bad as trannies when it comes to dogmatic thinking
>>
>>1802373
There's no incentive to build traffic lights if you don't have to accommodate multi ton metal cages.
>>
File: 1243996248503.jpg (11 KB, 264x282)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1802158
Big words coming from a group that likes to wear skin-tight, brightly-colored clothes.
>>
>>1802376
>>1802373
>Of the 1,260 bicyclist deaths in 2020, 806 died in motor-vehicle crashes and 454 in other incidents, according to National Center for Health Statistics mortality data.
Cyclists love to point out the danger of cars but a third of cyclist deaths don't involve cars at all, so clearly there's still some terminal retardation involved.
>>
>>1802333
We don't have to do anything faggot, you just outed yourself as a weakling homosexual
>>
File: .gif (302 KB, 400x200)
302 KB
302 KB GIF
>>1802146
Origin of the word Cuozzo.
In some regional dialects of Campania, Italy the word "cuozzo" indicates the non-cutting part of a blade, more specifically the ax.
When we mean that someone or something is bad, we use the expression: "è ffatt cu ‘o cuozzo r’accetta" that is to say: "it is made with the bulk of the ax".
In the same dialects the "cozzetiello" (little cuozzo) is the final part of the bread shape, with a thick and hard crust, rough.
It can be easily deduced that the sense of "cuozzo" is something unrefined, large and coarse, not very sharp; therefore the cuozzo would be a not very refined and rough person.
And who is more crude, in Neapolitan and Campania folklore, than those who show off their wealth without criteria and with snobbery without taking care of their mind and spirit?
The cuozzo is a grotesque and vulgar figure, the cuozzo despite possessing wealth and theoretically having the possibility of being a "gentleman" chooses to flaunt and turn into a grotesque speck.
>>
>>1802263
wtf is that bike edit
>>
>>1802281
>have my city be taken over by 2 million bike karens who look like Martin Shkreli
that's the netherlands!
>>
>>1802281
I wish there could be seperated bike lanes here like in some other countries. They have one on the blvd in my city that goes through the middle of it in the grass and it's so nice. I'm not sure how that would be possible in nyc though. I'd rather that shithole sink into the sea though, it gives the rest of new york state a bad name.
>>
>>1802297
>Bike lanes never get used where I live
How about you try using them then?
>>
>>1802380
I don't think he really gives a shit about pedalist dying, rather, he's pointing out accidents involving electric mopeds and pedestrians. Which is kind of legitimate concern, even if it looks blown out of proportion to me.
There was a similar issue with cars, motorcycles, and gasoline mopeds, remember how we solved it?
>>
>>1802378
big assumption coming from a nobike faggot
>>
Insults really don't mean anything when they come from this guy
>>
>>1802426
>There was a similar issue with cars, motorcycles, and gasoline mopeds, remember how we solved it?
We didn't, they still collide and kill people all the time. We just pretend it's normal.
>>
>>1802412
How about no?
How about putting bike lanes only where they make fucking sense you goddamn retard
>>
>>1802702
ok enjoy your death, I guess
>>
>>1802146
Eliminate all commercial roads in NYC and replace them with bike lanes.
Only emergency lanes for emergency vehicles, bikes, and sidewalks.
If you drive in NYC you're a fucking idiot that enjoys going 0.3 miles per hour as it is.
>>
File: irritated.png (23 KB, 568x548)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1802384
Seethe more you taint musher
>>
>>1802150
Fpbp
>>
>>1802720
not quite. eliminate use of privately owned vehicles for intracity transport. ban uber, lyft, etc. bring back the glory of the yellow cab. protect the legacy of the city and the life of the cab driver.
>>
>>1802706
what death?
>>
>>1802706
is that a threat ?
>>
>>1802277
literally every delivery bicyclist is a mexican or black, and all of the most vocal pro-bike people in this city are Park Slope lesbians
>>
File: wat.jpg (46 KB, 543x543)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1802146
El Goblino Italiano
>>
>>1802146
I hate it when people on e-bikes ride on footpaths. Zooming past doors.
>>
>>1802146
>a new thing popped up
>we have to ban it
Why are people like this?
>>
Used responsibly, I think e-bikes are great. I use it to commute to work in my office attire, and I don't get sweaty at all. What's next, ban knives because someone got shivved?
>>
>>1803203
That's what they did in Britain
>>
>>1803208
AY, YOU GOT A LOICENCE FOR DAT WEEBLY GLOB STABBAH?
>>
>>1802146
is pretty fucking annoying when they whiz past you in the bike lane while going the wrong way or doing something else which lacks common sense.
>>
>>1803182
HOLD
>>
>stop driving cars
>no not like that!
>>
>>1802163
anon we dont need the c word on this board
>>
>>1807437
kys cunt
>>
>>1802277

>getting around on 2 wheels is mostly a guy thing.

Dem lazy hoes!
>>
>>1803199
>Why are people like this?
Experience.
>>
>>1807601
women are horrible
>>
>>1802146
Cars are a thousand times more dangerous than e-bikes. Ban the cars--including taxis. Have e-bike-drawn carriages to haul fat tourists around.

t. hates e-bikes, hates cars more
>>
>>1807931
>Cars are a thousand times more dangerous than e-bikes.
false
>>
>>1807943
>Cars are a thousand times more dangerous than e-bikes.
True
>>
Bikes and scooters don't belong on the sidewalk. Good luck with enforcing anything on hipsters with low morals.
>>
>>1808162
You will never come up with a citation for this
>>
>>1808234
where's your citation?
>>
>>1803181
They seem to have more fun riding through the car traffic too.
This seems like a yuppie thing.
>>
>>1802150
This
>>
>>1808164
walkies don't belong in the bike lane. good luck enforcing anything on yuppies with low morals
>>
>>1802146
Looks like a literal goblin
>>
>>1808248
You are the one making a claim that they are 1000 times more dangerous.
Thats a specific claim
That requires a citation to be take seriously
You dont have one
>>
>>1802146
Ban the uber eats retards who give them bad names not ebikes
>>
>>1802380
Very rarely does it involve someone other than the rider and idiots killing themselves isn't the government's problem
>>
>>1802281
I'm going to ride next your shitty little apartment back and forth with my loud 2 stroke motorized bike and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>1808852
false
>>
>>1808852
Y-you wouldn’t dare anon!
>>
>>1802378
>>
>>1802146
Weren't they already banned?
>>
>>1803181
You’re not supposed to use that word anymore. It’s Park ASIAN Lesbians now.
>>
>>1802146
>Mr. Cuozzo
literally who?
>>
File: ElectricBike.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>1802146
That's a motorcycle. Where's his helmet? Where's his license and endorsement? Where's his insurance?
>>
>>1802146
Ebikes should have license and registration like motorcycles.
>>
>>1812760
no. maybe an powercap
>>
>>1812733
Terrible posture.
>>
File: loiushop.webm (1.35 MB, 1118x666)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
>>1802203
>>
Nothing against e-bikes, I just hate the bike app-couriers who drive like maniacs on them.
>>
>>1802263
This desu. Over here it's a way to have a motorcycle without paying any taxes and drive them without license. They're annoying in bike lanes where no motor vehicle should be.
>but muh electric
Yeah, we will let people drive Teslas without number plates or driving licenses good if you run over someone.
>>
>>1802146
>1 month ago
Why is this board so slow?
>>
>>1815824
Because /n/ rides non-motorized bikes.
>>
>>1815821
>They're annoying in bike lanes where no motor vehicle should be.
That's basically the same reason why cars don't want bicycles using roads.
>>
>>1802146
Guy looks like a pissed off goblin in suit
>>
>>1815828
Yes, motor and non motor vehicles must be segregated wherever is possible.
>>
>>1802277
>other articles are just sponsored fast food reviews and lavishing praise on developers
bleak
>>
>>1802146
He’s a New York mayor so he’s probably wrong
>>
>>1818260
He's only mayor of the outer boroughs
>>
>>1810405
Not all Asians are named Park, some are Lee or even Choi.
>>
>>1802146
beware the car menace in NYC - they must be banned
>>
>>1802146
At least half of them I see aren't even being pedaled, they're either modified or they're sold that way in the first place. They're not even 'e-bikes' anymore, they're electric mopeds.
They should be banned from bike paths (along with all other motor-powered shit) and for street use they should be classed as mopeds, requiring a license plate, insurance, and the operator licensed just like mopeds.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.