[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>be roiding Gymcel
>move to the city and decide to buy a bicycle to commute
>riding one day, come across massive group of lycra wearing faggots.
>ThecoloursremindedmeofBeatles.tif
>use pumping roided quadriceps to blast past them
>I can hear them bitching about me

Lol what a bunch of dyel faggots, I thought you guys would be fast.
>>
>>1801668
Sometimes we just like to ride in big groups so people can sit in the draft and chat with each other :)
>>
>>1801668
i heard random mexican farmers on bsos dropping them in actual races and shit
this gottagofast is just larp for stick figure weaklings
>>
Yeah the fun thing about riding a road bike is that everyone else on 2 wheels who isn't on a road bike thinks they're in a race with you, no matter what even if your back wheel is off and you have a tube in one hand, doesn't matter they're suddenly fixated on impressing you with how fast they are (or aren't).

If you're faster than them, they get pissy because "this is not a race" and then a rambling diatribe about toxic masculinity. If you're slower than them, they post greentext stories about how they "defeated" the mean lycra jerks once and for all and that just proves that it's the engine not the bike.

Same thing happens with cages though, if you're in a cage that "looks fast" at a red light, every microdick who pulls up next to you feels they need to prove something.

Some people can't handle it and go out of their way to "look slow" but personally I like living rent free in other people's heads.
>>
>>1801668
Then one block later you're at 180 bpm dying and they fly by you laughing.
>>
>>1801668
If you are roided go to the local bicycle track and test yourself against other speedy boys. You might enjoy the sport.
>>
>>1801681
>If you're faster than them, they get pissy because "this is not a race" and then a rambling diatribe about toxic masculinity
Yes this exact thing happens every single time.
>>
File: 1651219666030.png (154 KB, 512x378)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>1801749
>not averaging 180bpm for the entire ride
are you even trying?
>>
Well no shit a train like that isn't going to be sprinting at full effort at all times. That's not what road riding is.
>>
>be road cyclist
>on a chill recovery ride with my bros, still 50 km to go
>some overcompensating weirdo sprints past us while holding eye contact then is completely out of breath by the next stoplight
>can see how upset he is when we laugh at him

What was that all about, guys?
>>
OP, this is a /helmet/ board, and you failed to inform us of your status.
Expect sub-par bitching.
>>
File: 1647123423958.jpg (39 KB, 575x556)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1801889
It's not a 'recovery ride' if you're always that slow.
>>
File: index.jpg (471 KB, 2048x1503)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
all the roided quad monsters race indoor sprints, the outdoor guys are more about endurance
>>
>>1801900
speak for yourself, megafaggot
>>
>>1801923
We go 80+ km a day. You do 5 and go home all smug.
>>
File: 1649242945721.jpg (115 KB, 861x484)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>be motorcyclist
>cyclefags pull up next to me at the lights
>blast them as obnoxiously as possible on the green and take off to 70km/h in first

Or my personal favorite
>sneak past cars illegally in the cycle lane just to make cyclists seethe
>>
>>1801668
Cardio kills gains.
>>
>>1801804
you need to be at least 18 to use this site
>>
>>1801681
So does a road bike make you faster or nah? Never rode one.
>>
>>1802004
they're faster if you're a good cyclist. lighter bike and more aggressive riding position usually means better output and faster. but if you're a shit cyclist, a road bike will accentuate how shit you really are.
>>
>>1802008
What does
>good cyclist
>shit cyclist
actually mean? Like I've been riding a bike for 20+ years now, it's the same it's always been.
>>
>>1802008
>good bikes aren't useful unless you're a broke NEET like me because.... they just aren't ok?
>>
>>1801939
>We go 80+ km a day
i dont actually have five hours every day to plonk around on my bike (wish i did)
>>
>>1802009
The narrow wheels make the ride extremely bumpy and uncomfortable. Even a tiny hole in the road and you fall off. You can only ride on very, very smooth roads. That's probably what he meant.
>>
>>1801668
That's how it starts Fred. Let me give you a roadmap for how you're going to end up
>this is fun I beat those lycra fags
>I bet I could go faster on a road bike...
>hmm this is fast but my ass is sore
>I should buy bibs
>while I'm at it I should get some clipless pedals and shoes
>hmmm these clothes are aero make me go fast
>I guess a helmet is a good idea at those speeds
>I need an aero bike.
>I need a power meter.
>etc.
>etc.

Welcome to the club.
>>
>>1802042

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
>>
File: 1652887127171.jpg (8 KB, 223x226)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1801749
>>1801681
>>1801889
>>1801883
>>1801964
>>1802042
Found the dyel faggots, lmfao absolutely seething
>>
>>1801927
What a fucking unit.
There is no way he can have those legs without roiding.
>>
>>1802009
if you don't know by now, you won't ever know.
>>1802020
kys tripfag
>>1802026
you are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>1802142
That is why I am begging you, anon, to elucidate the distinction. What innate qualities or skills does one require for a road bike to be a worthwhile purchase?
>>
>be natty and fat but still more fit than the average roadie
>roadies in front of me going a slow 30kmph
>don't want to stay behind them all day (it's a super long road alongside a canal that goes for many kms (not killing myself but kilometers))
>pass them at a swift 40kmph
>they think I'm challenging them and they start drafting me
>oh god oh fuck

>>1802140
of course hes on gear, then again even the skinny roadies are on gear and they can still peak at like 1500w
>>
>>1802026
Have you ever ridden a road bike? Lmao
>>
>>1802265

Dont get mad at them, its just the caveman instinct that tell us to chase after other faster caveman to show who best caveman is.

I did the same a few days ago trying to chase some roadies with my mountain bike while climbing on an asphalt section to reach a trail. I felt very retarded afterwards.
>>
This thread needs to go back to /fit/
>>
>>1801668
Uhhh wrong board?
>>>/fit/
>>
>>1801670
sounds gay, just start a tea room
>>
>>1802322
fag
>>
>>1801668
>>use pumping roided quadriceps to blast past them
>>I can hear them bitching about me

BASED CHAD MOVE

however, dont be delusional fellow gymcel, probably anyone in that lycra group could take you in a spring if they wanted to flex
>>
>>1802140
That guy in
>>1801927
is Robert Förstemann
Watch him toasting some bread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O5voOCqAQ

He was born with a dysfunction of the myostatin protein which controls muscle growth.
>>
>>1801668
Biking is a gains goblin
>>
>>1802021
Become a bike messenger. Nice bike action all day in heavy traffic. You win if you don't die.
>>
>>1802004
Road bikes typically use road tires which means low rolling resistance and have a sporty geometry that will require you to put out some minimal wattage to be comfortable. To go sightseeing they are not optimal but they are quite efficient in letting you accumulate kilometers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.