[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 107 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Why don’t Americans use them?
>>
>>1800280
who the fuck wants to ride a bus? Would take 90 minutes to go 17 miles where I am
>>
One word.
>>
>only come once every 30 minutes
>often off schedule by 15, 20 minutes
>sometimes skip a bus, have to wait for next one
>social stigma of not having a car
>>
>>1800280
If you've been on an American public bus, you'd know why nobody wants to use them.
>>
>>1800281
also this.
>Wait 20 minutes for the bus
>stop every 30 seconds for people to get on
>walk 20 minutes to the destination because there are no stops near by
The bus time to car time ratio is like 8/1
>>
>>1800280
full of methheads and trannies
>>
>>1800282
Frequency
>>
americans use too much of them
>>
>>1800368
this
if you think public transport is shit where you live, it's actually the people around you that are shit (you included)
>>
>>1800290
I
>>
>>1800280
Because Neoplan left the US market and they are still depressed about it
>>
>>1800377
This one would of been perfect for today's progressive metropolises
>>
>>1800376
N
>>
>>1800280
Because they suck, that's why. They sit in the same traffic as cars, the seats are uncomfortable, they smell like piss, they stink of diesel fumes, it takes 3x as long as driving your own car, the schedule is inconvenient, they don't always show up, sometimes they're full and just blow past the stop, etc...
I drive my car because it's 100x better than the bus. No, I don't give a fuck about traffic - engage adaptive cruise and the car handles the stop-and-go while I relax.
I rode the bus in college just like you, when I was broke, because I had no other choice. Fuck going back to that bullshit.
>>
>>1800280
I'm a burger and they're my main form of transportation. Don't really get the complaints about piss smells and whatnot, do your guys transit agencies not clean their buses? I mean, I'm not saying that every bus i've been in was 100% pristine but they're rarely that bad
>>
File: chicago.jpg (845 KB, 2000x1500)
845 KB
845 KB JPG
>>1800286
I can't figure it out. Spell it out for me.
>>1800370
Oh my, what a hot take.
>>1800979
>Don't really get the complaints about piss smells
Sweat contains a small amount of urea. Very noticeable on humans that don't bathe, in the same way that our noses are sensitive to thioalcohols.
>>
>>1800280
Speak for yourself flyover, I rode a bus to lunch today.
>>
>>1800280
not enough service in my city, so taking the bus usually takes 4 times as long
>>
>>1800280
too fat
>>
>>1800280
But that's literally a Seattle bus you dipshit
>>
>>1801455
Doesn't appears to have any American onboard in the photo.
>>
>>1800282
Cars
>>
>Slower than cars
>Filthy
>Full of drugged up niggers
>Only go to a few stops during certain hours of the day
>Smells like piss+crack
>More expensive than driving in some cases
Why would anyone use a bus?
>>
>>1801428
This. The average European bus could only fit 3 American adults or 5 American children before reaching the limit of its suspension.
>>
>>1800280
Our cities are designed for cars. Only scummy poorfags who don't have cars ride the bus.
>>
>>1800282
Budgets
>>
>>1800280
my cities transit is pretty good and there is even a handy app which shows you when the next bus is coming, my only gripe is all the other passengers.
>>
>>1800280
They don't come frequently enough and are not reliable. If Americans/Canadians changed their priorities and focused more on public transport rather than cars. Then more people would take public transort.
>>
>>1800282
I don't know why
>>
>>1800282
Slow
>>
File: 54584.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1800280
the seats layout are completely retarded and on top of that americans are uncivilized. They will literally get in, not get the pass/coins right and SHIT on the seats
>>
>>1800280
>>
>>1809557
This is fucking hilarious
>>
File: al.jpg (21 KB, 474x379)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1808664
>>
>>1808664
what do you mean by the seat layout being retarded?
>>
>>1808664
Americans can’t use buses because they shit on the seats and they can’t drive big trucks because they shit on the ground in parking areas… do Americans just shit everywhere?
>>
>>1809557
This is a very offensive take and every part of it is correct
>>
>>1809650
based
>>
>>1808664
>americans are uncivilized
The problem is that leftists made it illegal for bus drivers to kick off problem passengers. Thus criminals get on the bus, don't even pay the fair, and treat the bus like a toilet. It's even worse since progressive prosecutors decided not to do their fucking jobs. I regularly see turnstile jumping in the subway. And most subway seats are filthy beyond belief. I'm not even exaggerating. t. a Philadelphian
>>
>>1800282
>if on 4chan
niggers
>otherwise
traffic
>>
>>1809557
To WMATAs credit, when I lived in nova the buses were actually relatively clean and pleasant, but by far the biggest hazard I saw were psychotic niggers on Jefferson Davis Highway.
>>
We do. Just not as many bus riders per capita for obvious reasons.
>>
>>1800280
Americans DO use them as token public transit measures, that’s the problem. They are shit compared to trams and trains
>>
>>1811423
>country big transport bad
that would only explain bad intercity service
metropolitan areas are apples to apples
>>
>>1809730
That's the spirit!
>>
>>1800280
They do, in some places.
>>
>>1811423
>I can't go to work 10 miles away by bus because it's thousands of miles from New York to Los Angeles
>>
File: 71e62bAUrKL[1].jpg (252 KB, 1272x1999)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>1800280

already been addressed
>>
>buy all day pass for bus
>wait for bus
>bus passes your stop without even slowing down, leaving you there

GEE I FUCKING WONDER WHY
>>
>>1811652
I think about this book sometimes when I jerk off.
>>
>>1812106
>bus passes your stop without even slowing down, leaving you there
kek, this anon has ridden American city buses. Driver gets paid the same whether or not she stops for you.
>>
>Be me
>Work off shift
>Can ride bus into work
>Bus line to my apartment isn't running when I get off work
My city actually has a really nice bus system, and there's a stop just across the street from my apartment, but on the ride back I'd get dropped off 6 miles (10km) from my apartment. It's easier to just drive.
>>
>>1809722
DAMN YOU LEFTISTS
>>
>>1800280
I used to take the bus in SF a lot when I lived there
buses were never on time so figure average wait at the stop is 15 min
takes 30 minutes for the bus to go 2 miles
niggers

its so much faster to walk
>>
>>1812655
But you don’t use busses for walking distance. You use them for like 6+ miles. At that distance, it’s faster to bike (usually).
>>
File: MetroTransit.jpg (53 KB, 852x475)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1800280
Familiar color scheme
>>
>>1811423
>>
>>1812109

>ignatius pushing around a cart full of toxic waste suspended in liquid

who is he, really?
>>
File: fotw1042.png (224 KB, 820x564)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>1811423
Always the stupid cliché responses.
https://newsroom.aaa.com/2015/04/new-study-reveals-much-motorists-drive/
>Motorists age 16 years and older drive, on average, 29.2 miles per day
https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/articles/fotw-1042-august-13-2018-2017-nearly-60-all-vehicle-trips-were-less-six-miles
Seriously, if all 50 states became independent, would the distances people commute over magically contract?
>>
>>1800280
The E line in Seattle smells of piss, and is filled with vomit smelling homeless bums, and niggers that smoke pot and don't get kicked off for it.
They are frequently 5-12 minutes off schedule.
And it's expensive as shit to ride it.
Cars are actually great compared to the busses here, literally unsafe to ride.
People get stabbed, shot, and robbed on them.
>>
Because you basically need a car in the US. Once you've got a car most of the advantages of the bus disappear because it costs more per journey and you're still paying the fixed costs associated with the car.
>>
>>1800280
too fat to go up the steps
>>
>>1800282
>>
>>1800280
Naggers
Criminals
Diseases
>>
>>1816708
Someone artificially wore down their N key to take this pic without realizing the joke doesn't work because G should be even more worn down.
>>
>>1816832
N
>>
>>1800280
There are hundreds of public sector and private sector bus companies, thousands of routes and tens of thousands of buses in the US. So it is obvious that there are millions of daily riders. NYC alone has over three million daily riders during the weekday.
>>
>>1800282
Basketball
>>
>>1816832
Nigger
>>
>>1800282
Fares.

Transit should be free for all and a human right.
>>
>>1817121
You should seek gainful employment
>>
>>1800280
I used to ride RIPTA all the time in college, less hassle than having a car
>>
>>1817121
Piss off, commie.
>>
>>1817292
Ironically, the conservatives in Montreal are fighting to get free transit approved. Stupid backwater mutt.
>>
>>1817240
If that Anon did that, he'd buy a car shortly after.
>>
>>1800280
>worked at the airport in a city people consider to have good transit for the us
>15 minute drive to work, 30-45 during peak traffic
>bus+tram take 90-120 minutes
>buses either begin service too late or end service too early to be useful
epic
>>
I'm not poor and I don't live in an overpopulated city, why would I ever ride a bus?
>>
>>1817394
Public transport is only ever convenient when you are going somewhere without parking
>>
Yeah lemme just take 2 hours to go on a 20 minute drive while I sit with disgusting reprobates
>>
>>1819087
>sits 2 hours in traffic
>>
>>1800282
Ford
>>
>>1800280
Which Americans are you looking at?
Couldn't be a major city like Portland.
>>
>>1800286
A yearly 3-digit subscription as the only acceptable method of payment would solve the problem.
>>
>>1800379
This is just a CTA bus painted blue.
>>
>>1800385
This is correct.
You may be tempted to cut down on the gas bill, but it's not going to feel worth it unless your route never interesects with the wrong sides of town and thus never encounter their passengers, at least not for long.
>>
>>1801492
>More expensive than driving in some cases
No?
>>
>>1806170
And they'd go right back to cars after a few rides with Jamal.
>>
>>1801005
Funny how CTA is the poster child simultaneously for both excellent and terrible public transit, exemplifying both everything right and everything wrong with domestic buses and trains.
>>
>>1808664
>the seats layout are completely retarded
Yep
Everyone knows it's rude to sit directly next to someone and is only "acceptable" if the bus is packed to the brim.
They are neither spacious enough nor efficiently compact.
>>
>>1811423
I just took a domestic flight longer than that country today.
>>
>>1812130
You only get passed up if it's full capacity or if you didn't signal your intent to board in time.
>>
>>1812694
John Deere.
>>
>>1812910
>The Red line in Chicago...
>>
>>1800280
It’s a common stereotype in America that the bus is for dirty poors and African-Americans. And no, this isn’t just /pol/. Suburbanites believe this too. It’s a thought that’s germinated ever since racial integration. Poor and black often go hand in hand in the collective consciousness. A suburbanite would rather hike than take a bus filled with minorities.

But you know what’s funny? I’m in a majority-black city and about 40% of the ridership on my bus is white. We cross through neighborhoods of both races. Many whites dress up in business clothes to go downtown to work on their morning commutes. Not poor, not dirty, not all-black. It’s all a lie. But suburbanites never leave their bubble, and they never have to when they drive literally everywhere.
>>
>>1819902
This is my experience too. WRTA is often called "We Rapidly Transport Africans" yet its almost 50/50 on any given day. Sometimes, stereotypes aren't true.

I also never learned to drive, so I don't really have a choice, either.
>>
File: Cityzap-16-12-20.jpg (105 KB, 700x440)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1800280 (OP)
Maybe if the interior was as good as British buses you might get a few more riders. Wont stay this good for long due to
>N
>>1816847
>>
File: toll paid.webm (2.82 MB, 406x720)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>1800280
>>
>>1801005
>Spell it out for me.
N
>>
I
>>
G
>>
G
>>
>>1810319
Fairfax Connector is one of the best bus networks here in NOVA
>>
>>1812700
And guess what, those purple areas have mostly decent public transit, the main issue is you still have lots of people living in the red and orange areas that don't because of how vastly separate many towns and developments are
>>
>>1819902
It's always been that way, but they legally weren't allowed to sit next to us before.
>>
>>1800282
N
>>
>>1800282
hip-hop people
>>
>>1808315
underrated
>>
>>1800282
bedbugs
>>
>>1800280
They get stuck in traffic ALL THE TIME
>>
>>1800280
White people are done. It's just that simple.

If you're holding out any hope that you'll escape then you're lying to yourself. Your taxpayer money is being used to import, house, feed, arm and train black and brown militias that will conduct the exterminations. They will comb the four corners of the west, from the highest alpine peak to the deepest welsh valley and from the most picturesque New Zealand fishing towns to the dustiest Texas trailer parks. Do not ignore how weak whites are, spiritually broken, intellectually stunted, physically diminished, watered down with inferior genetics, utterly atomized, demoralized, confused and surrounded by enemies in their own lands, some of their own people will join the hunt too and they will do so with far more fervour and hatred than the imported third world death squads.

They have sunk more than a century's worth of the global economy's resources into turning the entire planet into an enormous slaughterhouse pen for whites. Every contingency has been planned for. Every deviation plotted and countered. They can predict exactly how and when you will fight back, if you even had the spine to.

If WW2 has taught us anything it's that fighting back is not an option, any resistance, no matter how impressive (and Hitlers doomed attempt was initially impressive) will be utterly crushed and then painted as unforgivable bigotry. They can spin any narrative they want, they decide what passes for truth, and they have engineered the perfectly flawless and inescapable genocide because it isn't even allowed to be called a genocide.

So just let it go. There's nothing to be gained by denying reality any longer, why swim against the tsunami? So you can die exhausted? There's nothing noble or stoic about pretending it isn't happening. A hare with its leg caught in a snare slowly bleeding out cannot make the trap disappear with the force of its determination alone, nor would lashing out at the hunter in futile rage save its life.
>>
>>1821573
haha yeah. you can try to move to a chosen refuge though. switzerland, new zealand, and of course israel being obvious choices. probably won't work though.
>>
>>1821573
Go out and fuck some bitches to get the birth rate back to sustainable levels, otherwise shut the fuck up. You retards complain about white genocide yet are producing not enough babies to sustain the country's population.
>>
>>1821573
>mightiest race to ever grace earth
>nooo we can't le win they will call us bigots! let's not fight troonbros
This much text to say you're a limp wristed troon? Speak for yourself, cuck
>>
>>1821573
>Your taxpayer money is being used to import, house, feed, arm and train black and brown militias that will conduct the exterminations.
Hmm, while I do support the mission it doesn't seem to be very effective, sounds like we should be using tax money paid by actual productive people rather than lazy entitled wh*teoids
>>
>>1800280
The Bus system is like the Laptops of the PC world it tries to be powerful with a small footprint but ends up being slow, inefficient and makes you wonder why you did not take a Train or a Bike instead. It's a bandaid for high traffic in cities when they should just be shuttles instead.
>>
>>1812700
>using county boundaries to demonstrate population density
>>
>>1800282
traffic?
>>
>>1800282
Socioeconomic factors
>>
>>1826492
That's two words, retard.
>>
>>1826526
It's a metalepsis for one
>>
>>1821563
Based
>>
File: sue.png (13 KB, 291x285)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1821573
I thought this cringe blackpill shit died in 2019
White religious conservatives literally have a reproduction rate higher than even nogs and immigrant groups being imported also suffer the metropolitan reproductive drop-off after the 2nd generation.
America will literally become majority white again by the early 2100s even if the global trends continue.
>>
>>1821573
You're right, there's literally nothing we can do. Might as well off ourselves, that's how bad it is. You go first dude, I'll catch up with you in a bit
>>
>>1827464
Fellow hyperborean here. I too see no future for our once proud race. The only way to preserve the dignity of Evropans is to commit suicide quickly. I call upon my white brothers and sisters to do the needful. I look forward to meeting you in Valhallah!
>>
>>1808315
because the jews brought them here
>>
>>1811652
this book was ass
>>
>>1825636
What, you want zip codes? That's over 40,000 divisions. So read that map accurately, you'd need a physical map or a screen about 10' diagonal.

We use counties because they cover large tracts of land while being sufficient enough that you can follow territorial lines. Area codes are too few, as are congressional districts. You could use state districts, but saying CA Senate District 11 means nothing to most people, whereas saying San Francisco county does. Or, if you didn't mean any of those methods, feel free to shill for your preferred way. Maybe it is better your way.
>>
>>1800282
This
>>
>>1800280
I hate being around poor people
>>
>>1800282
monkeypox
>>
you will ride the train
>>
>>1800280
ignoring the obvious problem basketball Americans being prominent on public transit, the main issues are:

1) doesn't connect places I want to be
2) low frequency means long wait times
3) no dedicated right of way + a road system that prioritizes 4 way stops over roundabouts means the bus gets stuck in traffic
4) long winding routes

means that if you have the financial means to own a car in America, you're a fool not to.
>>
they want to force you on public transit so that you start to resent the poor people that are struggling and opt in for european chinsese techno fascism where they get rid of undesirables
>>
File: 12.png (305 KB, 549x652)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>1809722
Feels similar almost everywhere in the country. Light rail in the Twin Cities was never perfect but post-2020 its more or less become a rolling homeless shelter.
>>
>>1836027
Hey I've been to that actual light rail stop. Can confirm that Minnesota trains are kinda silly. I remember trying to use the ticket machine while not standing in the huge pool of human feces right in front of it. Repugnicans would have us believe that these things are unique to San Franciso.
>>
>>1811423
Penzance to the Highlands is the same distance as Pine Bluff, Arkansas to Madison, Wisconsin.

Damn has your country been in the pool or something. That's sobering. I've rode London to Edinburgh on Scotrail but I thought that was just a fast train or something....fuck what a tiny island. No wonder you invented colonialism.
>>
>>1800280
1. Spics are 90% of the passengers in my state, thankfully don't have to deal with nogs.
2. Constant, endless stops.
3. Filthy.
When PT actually has a way to filter out the poors I'll consider using it. Until then I've got my bike.
>>
>>1836027
>>1836043
Rode it a few times for Twins games back when I lived in Minnesota, never had any problems with it. Felt just like riding a city bus. Granted, I've not been on it since probably 2017.
>>
>>1836714
>Granted, I've not been on it since probably 2017.

Mostly mentioned the pandemic because it feels night and day compared to pre-2020. Just this summer they started running two-car trains instead of three as part of a safety initiative. It's getting nuts.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.