[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 6 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I travel to Amsterdam each day by train for work.
I feel such embarresment when I see tourist lost and trying to find the right train to Schiphol Airport.
The Dutch Railways should pick up on these signals and improve the station and platforms.

My train departs across from the one that goes to Schiphol airport.
I tend to stay at the station 3-4 hours each day after work, pointing tourists in the right direction.
Till I'm too tired and hungry and I go home.

At home I'm too tired to cook and I eat a bowl of yohurt with fruit and go straight to bed.
>>
Is it just one guy writing these pastas?
>>
What would you suggest, OP?
>>
>>1799160
The Dutch Railways should pick up on these signals and improve the station and platforms.
>>
>>1799506
I mean, you clearly seem to be passionate about helping people find the right platform and the right train. What sort of improvements to the station do you think would be helpful?
>>
>>1799506
dunno bout you, they seemed pretty good when i was a tourist there, if tourists are retarded and can't read "train to wherever ,spoor 69" and go there then that's their problem.
>>
>>1799568
some people are timid travellers and, when travelling, a mistake can lead to being yelled at by someone whose language you do not speak well. or, the nightmare scenario where you miss your stop, and watch where you *should* be pass by the window. i feel it's unfair to say 'durrrr works for me, therefore everybody else is retarded'.
>>
how do i find my bike in the parking structure
>>
>>1799559
The problem is this
> Amsterdam has 15 platforms
> One end is the "a" end, the other end is the "b" end (see picture i posted)

Solution
> Put clear arrows on the floor point to the "a" and "b" ends of the platform
> Have a staff member on the platform with a vest "can I help you"
> Clearly mark that the platform that goes to Schiphol aiport. 14a is the express train and 14b is the commuter train.
>>
>>1800083
well, i can't argue with any of that. wayfinding is very important for making travellers feel welcome and confident that they are in the right place

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.