[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Old one reached bump limit.
>>1657180

Anything about public or alternative transport in Switzerland, Austria and Germany is fair game.
>>
>>1793425
It sucks ass. Deutsche Bahn is a complete mess and local public transportation is full of smelly niggers.
I take the car.
>>
>>1792118
Thanks for the update, I guess that 50 year old second-hand trams get less attention than the biggest aeroplane of the world, but they're also more likely to survive the war.
>>
>>1793428
The state of your "local public transportation" tells us more about you than about public transport in German-speaking Europe in general uezs.
The people on your local buses and trains are your neighbors. I can't complain about the other riders around where I live.
>>
>>1793440
There's shitskins in any major city effectively rendering public transportation useless.
>>
What are the issues and problems of the swiss railway companies?
For all the talk about how awesome they are compared to the DB, I'm curious about what problems and issues they face.
>>1793428
>>1793441
Are some brown people already enough to ruin your day or are you just the usual /pol/ cross poster looking to shit up threads?
>>
File: 1651061007322.jpg (529 KB, 1080x1601)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>1793452
They are smelly, loud, leave trash everywhere and occasionally go ooga booga mode.
So no thanks, I'll take the car.
Public transportation only works in a prosperous homogenous society, like Japan.
>>
>>1793468
>Berlin
Well, okay, I almost feel sorry for you.
Berlin is the exception and not the rule, though.
People elsewhere generally know how to behave.
>>
>>1793500
I'm not from Berlin but it doesn't look much different in other cities, Berlin is just the worst shithole.
>>
>>
File: le_traine.jpg (553 KB, 800x630)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>
>>1793452
>What are the issues and problems of the swiss railway companies?
none, everything is literally perfect
>>
>>1793576
Just need a cyclist somewhere and you could post this in 90% of all threads on this board.
>>
>>1793576
>>1793602
Das kann Deutschland aber besser (including cyclist):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryf5pxQJK4k
>>
>>1793602
>>1793667
Germanics really are terminally autistic, couldn't you just write "haha funny" or something ffs
>>
>>1793896
Natives from /chad/ don't work that way.
We look a >>1793576, deem it funny and add suggestions how to make it even better.
If we were French we'd complain about the highway in the back, if we were Anglo we'd be concerned about the lack of VehiclesOfColor.
>>
>>1793667
Realer Irrsinn größte Almanshice wo gibt.
t. submitted something for realer Irrsinn once
>>
File: 1592668.jpg (640 KB, 1300x786)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>1788467
>>
>>1793929
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1793922
I really like "Realer Irrsinn", but at times they ridicule stuff that's completely reasonable and where they simply didn't see the bigger picture.
Mostly they hit our rulers where it hurts, though, and that's a nice change of pace from regular contemporary German "comedy".
>>
>>1793929
Thank God the trams are okay
>>
>>1793929
Seeing the Mirages without ads on their roofs certainly feels strange.
I think the museum ones in Zurich have some ads for the museum itself on theirs.
>>
>>1793934
>I really like "Realer Irrsinn", but at times they ridicule stuff that's completely reasonable and where they simply didn't see the bigger picture.
Gell-Mann Amnesia in action, I wish more people were actively aware of it.
>>
>>1795630
>Gell-Mann Amnesia in action
Not really. I don't "believe" them at any point of their program.
I'm watching extra3 for entertainment (and consolation), not for information.
At times it simply helps coping with the absolute state of this nation.
Whenever they start propagating complete nonsense, I simply switch off.
>>
hamburgers we must do something
they are really going to terminate the U5 at volksparkstadion when the ideal solution is to continue to osdorfer born
then the new s bahn line can go up luruperchausee to schenefeld
what can we do to encourage hvv hochbahn to actually do this?
>>
How much salt can be gathered from the 9 Euro ticket this summer?
Seems that the salt mines in Sylt are already yielding a lot.
>>
>>1797870
Entirely depends on what gets put into law in the end.
Maybe they'll exclude "touristy" lines like the Marschbahn in order to prevent "eine im Rahmen der Pandemielage nicht verantwortbare Nutzung des 9-Euro-Tickets".
>>
>>1797978
That will cause endless seething as well, nothing's worse than people being told that they ran out of free stuff to give away.
>>
>>1798004
Also: Simply imagine all the EBEs that would cause. Although in principle an unlimited all-you-can-ride ticket should be the least problematic in that context.
Looking at the current federal government, I think we are in for a clusterfuck to remember. They should have released a draft for comment.
Fortunately cagers accidentally boarding an ICE will only have to pay the regular fare (+Bordzuschlag) instead. (Does Flixtrain sell tickets on the train?)
>>
>>1798025
yeah, as a swiss with a well-organized public transport system in my county it will be fun to watch this coming big fuckup in germany. And i bet because of the soon to be bangladesh-level overcrowded trains, you will still have to wear a suffocating fagmuzzle there - just hope the aircon will still be working in the hot summer and hopefully there won't be too many delays! Gaymany is such a joke, next time russia should just obliterate this country full of spineless, cockless bootlickers and lackeys.
>>
>>1798040
>implying Swiss trains wouldn't look exactly like this if they were free
Just wait until the next anniversary of a train company or transit authority.

captcha: V0GTJ
>>
>>1793578
You've never used public transport in Switzerland
>>
>>1798042
they wouldnt be brown
>>
>>1798246
They vil be yugoslavs
>>
>>1797870
Fuck this shit country with that 9 JewRo ticket... Hamburg area, today:
In the morning, train cancelled. Next train terminates a station early due to track works. S-Bahn overcrowded, but they don't forget to remind you of masks and social distancing.
In the evening: Train cancelled, next one "5 minutes delayed". Shows up 15 minutes later, no explanation given (trackworks). Overcrowded. My next connection "can't wait due to delay".

Yeah good luck with flooding more f/suckers into trains that are already full and unreliable.

Will become cager from next week, there are jams everywhere but at least I'm on my own.
>>
>>1798443
Its good thing that your shitty Deutsche Bahn has become so unreliable, unpunctual and undersupplied with rolling stock that most of the 9-euro-riffraff from your shithole country will not be able to reach my country and flood our well-organized trains here.
>>
File: IMG_20220513_060346.jpg (3.92 MB, 3150x4550)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB JPG
Why isn't DB improving and focusing the ICE service onto where they're needed
>>
>>1799242
I think they should run a service from Warsaw to Geneva so that they can serve both Frankfurts and Freiburgs using the same train for maximal confusion.
>>
>>1799242
Look into Deutschlandtakt.
It's a really good concept, designing the infrastructure from the intended time table.
>>
>>1799368
if the concept is so good, why is your deutsche bahn so abysmal bad in performance regarding quality, punctuality and reliability? In 2019 only 38% of your trains had no malfunctions and not to mention the many delays... As a swiss i would never travel with your shitty train company and not only because of the above mentioned points but also the cucked mandatory muzzle wearing rules your trains. compared to switzerland gaymany is indeed a shithole country - and not only in relation to trains:

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/schweizer-experte-die-deutsche-bahn-ist-in-einer-nicht-sehr-100.html

https://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/der-lokvogel-bahnfahrerkolumne/bahn-verspaetung-schweiz-87966

https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/schweiz/fast-jeder-zweite-zug-zu-spat-wie-die-deutsche-bahn-das-schweizer-sbb-netz-durcheinanderbringt-ld.1167944
>>
>>1799539
>so abysmal bad in performance regarding quality, punctuality and reliability
Because they are still running the old time table on an unfit infrastructure.
Swiss rail is currently in an entirely different league. That's why we are trying to adapt using concepts from Switzerland in Deutschlandtakt.
Scheuer was a fucking retard, but that's one of the rare cases when something decent happened under his aegis.
We can only hope Wissing (FDP) and the Greens won't fuck everything up.
>>
>>1799368
After reading some Wikipedia, it seems like the goal is to get travel time down to 4 hours within Germany, but neglected to consider travel from German cities to nearby major European cities, like Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Zurich, Milan, Venice, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Warsaw, and Copenhagen
>>
>>1798129
Cope, subhuman
>>
File: DSC00375 (2).jpg (2.48 MB, 5472x3648)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
I took this photo on a train in Bavaria. Anyone got any idea which model of train this is? Sorry no external photograph.
>>
>>1800283
Is it one continuous unit?
>>
>>1793452
Swissfag here.
Its way to expensive, even for me. Id rather drive by car and am traveling without other fags around. The SBB also seems to occasionally be not on time. Also with the mask cuckery id rather enjoy my comfy aut/o/.
>>
>>1800291
If I recall correctly, they are
But I think I have found the train model already
This is apparently train 62722 operated by BRB, according to information on the screen, and they apparently only operate one type of vehicle, Alstom Coradia LINT, according to Wikipedia, which looks seems to match here.
>>
>>1800302
>Masks in Swiss trains
That's already a thing of the past and if they decide to bring it back in autumn I'll have an exemption signed by Dr. Quack and Dr. Salber.
>expensive
Yes, for occasional rides they are expensive but the yearly passes are cheap in comparison to what they offer.
>>
>>1800307
You still get to ride with masked plebs lol. And the seemingly always there to be karen will make a scene because u wont wear one.
The GA is ok in my opinion but i dont need it so it would be a waste of money, and as you said for occasional travel its way to expensive. So even tho trains are cool and sheit, it will never replace a car for me.
Especially for the bug out factor.
>>
>>1800302
>hurr durr it's expensive
as compared to what? How do you define a train service to be expensive or not? How much should the train from Zurich to Bern cost in your opinion that you wouldn't consider it expensive?
>>
>>1800310
>And the seemingly always there to be karen will make a scene because u wont wear one.
lmao this nigga has literally never taken a train
>>
>>1800350
>>
>>1800310
I don't care what other people do if it doesn't disturb me looking out the window or reading a book.
Yeah, for a significant number of people the GA is more of an emotional choice of not ever having to buy a ticket and just take the next train.
You can also see it as a patriotic choice of being able to spend your free time in Switzerland, riding trains and buses to wherever you want to go and yes Konstanz is rightful Swiss clay, just go there on the weekend.
>>
>>1800458
Take me swiss bros, I'm from Konstanz and I would like to be swiss
>>
>>1793425
Karlsruhe, Croat.
Germs keep bitching about DB and dont know that the rest of the world is 2x worse.
Bycicle infra is amazing, tram train integration is very nice, UBahn now is a bit stupid under purely pedestrian Kaiserstrasse but whatevs.
Brown people work in the gym, I see them in primark, walking on the street, in the whore street close to my apartment... Car wont help you avoid shitskins, especially if you live in a more urban city.
It can get stuffy during summer when going to another city, air conditioning is crap but at least no need to pay the tax jew, park jew, fuel jew, insurance jew...

And chill Krauts, I was invited here to code and I will leave in a few years...besides, I am not going to raise my kids next to some ugly browns
>>
>>1800472
Go back where you from now please
>>
>>1800402
It costs 25, how is that expensive?
>>
>>1800606
That's after paying for the half-fare card though, which a casual rider may not have.
Got to say that the half-fare price model is one of the better price discrimination models that the EU can't do dick about.
>>
>>1800679
The half fare card costs 185 a year and 165 when you renew it, with four Zurich-Bern round trips in one year it was already worth it. If you don't have it it's not that you're a casual rider but you're consequently avoiding the use of public transport. Which you certainly can do, but then your complaint about trains being too expensive is moot because you're not paying "regular price" but rather paying the "I only use the train once a year for the hell of it" surcharge.
>>
>>1800763
>If you don't have it it's not that you're a casual rider but you're consequently avoiding the use of public transport.
People are routinely ignorant about financial issues like these, it's where one of those mobile ticketing apps like Fairtiq could shine.
Just tally up all your casual train rides and if the spent fares cross the threshold of a half-fare card retroactively purchase it and refund the difference as RekaRail credit for future rides.

At least foreign tourists can get Swiss Travel Passes including a limited half-fare card if they know about it.
>>
File: 1829.1154224800.jpg (419 KB, 1024x772)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
German shunters are kino
>>
>>1800767
For the half-fare pass you really don't need an app to calculate, the threshold is just so low on it. It makes perfect sense for anyone who in any minimally regular way (even if it just means visiting your granny every two months) uses public transport, or inversely, it only doesn't make sense if you really don't ever ever ever use it. It's at a point where there's very little grey are, either you're a relentless carfag who goes even to the toilet in his shitbox, or you use public transport at least for commuting or for occasional trips and excursions at least once a month.
>>
>>1800782
The app is there to help casual users of public transportation navigate the jungle of fares by giving them the cheapest option after they finish their journey for the day.
For example if I were to visit my buddies at the ETH Zürich from Bern I have to decide if I want a city ticket for Zurich before starting my journey.
With the app I can just check in at the Bern station and if I use the trams in Zurich it automatically purchases the city ticket add-on after two tram rides.
It's an approximation to the convenience of the GA and adding an automatic half-fare pass after spending enough money on fares would make the deal even better.

I personally don't use the app, but I looked at it and it even does things like buying 9-o'clock tickets when applicable, something many people don't know about.
>>
>>1800679
It's a fair pricing model, but not one that's particularly attractive from a casual customer perspective.
It tries to bridge the gap between GA/BC100 (regular riders) and pay-as-you-ride (once-a-year, if the stars align), but in the end it makes things too difficult for casual riders to project their expected expenses, say, over a year.
"Will it pay off to buy the half-off card? I'm not going by train that much, ain't I?"
DB should introduce a BC50 that costs nothing at first and that gets paid for with each ride, say, with a 5% surcharge until those surcharges cover the cost of a regular BC50.
t. not a psychologist, so no guarantees
>>
>>1800790
>makes things too difficult for casual riders to project their expected expenses
If you're so dumb you can't handle whether the half fare card will be of use to you, you have other problems like not forgetting to breathe and remembering where the place to shit is.

Making a half fare card that you only start paying if you actually start using the trains completely defeats the purpose of achieving some sort of customer loyalty as in
>hmmm if I use the trains with slight regularity I can save on fares with a half-fare card
>hmmm I've bought a half fare card, I should use the train more to make it worth it
The idea of a half fare card you only pay in full if you actually use trains enough is fittingly retarded for someone who can't judge if he'd need it or not. It's also the same kind of retardation to complain about the expense of non-half-fare train prices, while spending much more money overall in a car.
>>
>>1800803
You shouldn't forget that we live in a society where "buy now pay later" and leasing things beyond your income is becoming more common and financial literacy is decreasing every generation.

I do think that something like the Dutch or Japanese contactless cards, either prepaid or linked to a credit card would make public transportation more attractive.
>>
>>1800806
>I do think that something like the Dutch or Japanese contactless cards, either prepaid or linked to a credit card would make public transportation more attractive.
More attractive than just buying the ticket on your phone, or having your passes linked to your Swisspass card, so that there's no need whatsoever for any fare gates or validation at stations? lol, lmao
>>
>>1793452
Some problems around Lausanne the last few weeks.
Many trains got cancelled and I had to stand for an hour with a 42chf 1st class ticket. I have 1/2 card btw.
CFF sbb gave me my money back tho, no questions asked
>>
>>1800803
>customer loyalty
I see that's the point of those half-fare cards - that's why I feel a little troubled by my own recommendation -, but DB hands those away for practically nothing at this point anyway and it still doesn't work out, partially because it's always a limited availability special offer, that is not guaranteed to be available in the long run.
The (Super-)Sparpreise are part of that shit as well.
You can generally expect to get tickets in the 20 to 30 Euro range, if you order them two or three months ahead of time, but there is no way to absolutely rely on those, since you are completely dependent on the "goodwill" of DB to keep offering those. And when you talk to "normal people", you will realize they uniformly think DB is ass: Too late, too full, too expensive. They would never consider to rely on DB.
That's an absolute marketing and operations disaster. You can't expect people to rely on you in the three digit range ahead of time in this case.
>>
>>1800867
I'm not familiar with how the situation is in Germany. Seems to me, rail service and public transport in general is simply not up to the level of Switzerland, where a significant part of the population will use it with at least some regularity that makes a half-fare card easily worth it. It's not common for people to take the train just maybe once or twice a year for a specific holiday and then never again. If they are convinced carfags, they will drive everywhere. If not, it usually ends up a reasonable mix.
>>
>>1801119
Well, as you surmise, that's not the situation in Germany.
For railway on a nation-wide scale everything has been fucked up from both the operational perspective and the marketing perspective.
And a lot of municipalities have an awful local public transit to boot, since it's not part of their compulsory obligations.
(c.f. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kommunale_Aufgabenstruktur#Freiwillige_Selbstverwaltungsaufgaben )
There are awesome fixes on their way (as mentioned above), but only time will tell, if they will make it in time.

Bottom line: Things are looking up overall. Public transit in Germany may have overtaken private cars by mid of this century in the modal split.
My biggest worry at this point is the Greens instead of pushing public transit will instead try to make people use electric cars and bicycles, which wouldn't exactly help.
>>
>>1800862
Buying the ticket on the phone is something you have to do before you start your journey, tapping the card is something you don't really need to think about.
I do like the barrier-free platforms in DACH, I don't think it's possible to switch to the Japanese model, however I do enjoy the modern version of anonymous pre-paid tickets that aren't possible with mobile apps.
>>
>>1801153
>anonymous pre-paid tickets
You mean pseudonymous (the card has a unique identifier), but yeah.
>>
>>1801153
>Buying the ticket on the phone is something you have to do before you start your journey, tapping the card is something you don't really need to think about.
Fair enough, although speaking for myself, I prefer the CHAD system of buying through app or on paper at the machine/counter, and not having any gates. For the japanese system I guess you'd need card reading terminals all over the platforms at all stations, or on the trains themselves, which seems like an unnecessary expenditure and another element prone to failure.

>>1801147
In any case the discussion was about trains in Switzerland being too expensive, and my point stands in any case, as in Switzerland it's a very conscious behaviour if you don't use the train at all and consequently don't need a half-fare card, or if you use it very sporadically and then it'll most likely make sense, plus the effect of pushing people towards additional train use once they have the half fare card. But I can see how this situation may be rather specific to the extremely extensive and frequent public transport in Switzerland.
>>
>>1801164
As I said the Swiss and the Japanese systems are what could be considered the gold standard for their respective categories.
>>
>>1801159
You can buy and return the card for each trip although that would be a bit of a hassle (you do get a full refund of your deposit).
>>
>>1801172
In most systems like that, that I know of, your identity gets verified upon returning such a card (for fraud/money laundering prevention purposes).
That's why I didn't return my uni canteen card and simply made sure, there was no charge left in the end.
>>
>>1801176
Not in Japan or Korea where you just rock up and they'll refund you the card balance without any questions.
Maybe they'll ask for some kind of ID if there's a lot of money on the card but that's not an issue for somebody who wants to maintain their privacy.
There's just something about high trust societies that you can't get around here.
>>
>>1801188
I would assume a system with no fare gate require higher level of trust?
>>
>>1801402
Most smaller stations in Japan don't have fare gates but a terminal to tap your card or draw a ticket to show the conductor how much you'll need to pay.
But anyway, the high trust was referring to people not stealing cards and refunding them for cash.
>>
>>1801497
>smaller stations
...are generally only served by "One-Man" trains (=only personnel on the train is the driver).
You are only allowed to get off the train in front, where you pay for your ride.
Either using an IC card, that you touched the terminal with when boarding the train, or in cash - in which case you need to show a ticket ("整理券") you pulled when boarding the train.
That's also how riding the bus works in general in Japan (save for flat-fare tickets and regular-rider passes).
It would be extremely easy to cheat that system, but that apparently doesn't happen on a larger scale.
I have zero doubt it would be extremely common in Germany, though.
>>
>>1801583
Yep, that's how many small lines work in Japan.
The line I was thinking about while writing the post was one where only a few stops didn't have fare gates, instead you'd have to tap your IC card or for the few people without an IC card, pick a 整理券 at the stop and show it to the manned gate at the station you got off to pay your fare.
I assume that for the opposite direction they rely on the honesty of the passengers to not just buy the cheapest ticket, same for the opportunity for キセル乗車 by taking a bunch of tickets and pretending you came from that stop whenever you came from farther away.
Stuff like that is more common in DACH, some legal, some grey, some illegal.
>>
As i expected the docile cocksuckers in jewmany will still have to wear the degrading cuckmuzzle during the summer.

so have fun traveling in your overcrowded shitty trains, while wearing the suffocating FFP2-slavemask the whole time. It'll be even more fun when in the unforgiving summer heat the aircon will fail and even more delays and cancelled trains will happen. Thank god i dont have to travel - or even worse, to live in your cucked shithole country full of obedient lackeys.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/maskenpflicht-corona-bus-bahn-holetschek-1.5587525

Die Maskenpflicht im öffentlichen Nahverkehr soll auch über den Sommer bleiben, wenn es nach Gesundheitsminister Klaus Holetschek geht.
>>
>>1801738
Fugg I feel bad for Germs.
Then again I often take trains that go to Germany (from CH) and all the german NPCs wear their cuckmuzzle even though they don't have to before crossing the border. Also I think they don't even have to wear FFP2 masks yet they do seemingly in defiance of us barbarian mountain jews. They really are the most masochist people in the world.
>>
File: 1652733031254.jpg (227 KB, 1024x1024)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>German regional rail and most local bus/tram networks costing 9€ a month between June and August
>can't think of anywhere interesting enough to warrant going to, besides maybe visiting my sister in Dresden and riding the funiculars and paddle steamers
Wat do? Where are you supposed to go when offered the opportunity to go there cheaply and perhaps a little slowly but you rarely ever leave your town in the first place? I don't feel comfortable enough around people to just visit cities weekend after weekend purely to see the cities. Are there any other odd methods of transport worth visiting? Any interesting free or cheap transport museums in Germany?
>>
>>1801752
Well, one example:
Harzer Schmalspurbahn is included - unfortunately except for the Brocken line.
https://www.mdr.de/nachrichten/sachsen-anhalt/magdeburg/harz/neun-euro-ticket-harzer-schmalspurbahnen-100.html

>Any interesting transport museums in Germany?
https://www.dbmuseum.de/
https://www.miniatur-wunderland.de/
http://eisenbahnmuseum-bochum.de/
>>
>>1801740
>all the german NPCs wear their cuckmuzzle even though they don't have to before crossing the border.
Well if you believe that the masks will prevent you from getting infected then wearing them for the whole trip is much more consistent than pretending that the virus doesn't exist on Swiss soil.
However if you'd take a random sample of these German passengers you'll probably have a significant number of them not wearing the mask correctly, nullifying any effect.
That again is a good showcase of the German mentality that allowed recent German history.
>>
>>1801880
That's not the "German mentality", it's the "mentality of the population of Germany".
>>
>>1799242
Costs money that could instead go into the pockets of high-ups and the politicians they're smearing
>>
>>1801922
Go back to /pol/
>>
Less than two weeks to go until the 9 euro ticket.
Do you think you'll actually need to buy the ticket or will they give up on ticked inspections right from the get-go?
>>
>>1802288
It only costs 9 euro for Chris's sake, just buy the damn ticket. Are you that broke?
>>
>>1802294
I don't care about that, although to be honest I would ride without paying out of principle because fuck incompetent politicians.
I care more about the fact that staff could be used more efficiently, instead of doing ticket raids and other fare collection activities they could be used to guide people at crowded stations.
>>
>>1802312
Kek, le based Schwarzfahrer
>>
File: 9euro_ticket_nmb.jpg (65 KB, 720x540)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I suppose, /chad/ doesn't need to buy a 9-Euro-Ticket, but simply uses their regular commuter pass?

It was kind of odd this morning. People were standing in long lines in front of the local ticket office, despite it having signs in the window, that you can buy them on the bus at any time without limitation.
That said: Does anyone here know about more "durable" 9-Euro-Tickets being sold?
I'm thinking about buying one simply for documentary purposes, so preferably no thermopaper shit.
Something like pic related ( source: https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?005,10078271 ) looks interesting, but you apparently can't buy that online.
>>
>>1803395
Tickets printed on CIT security paper (i.e. the traditional "ticket paper") are fairly long-lasting if kept in good conditions.
>>
>>1803395
The /chad/ holy grail will be a 9-Euro ticket for Germany issued in Austria or Switzerland.
>>
>>1803400
>a 9-Euro ticket for Germany issued in Austria or Switzerland
Certainly possible. Poland is also an option (as by the Tarifbedingungen for the 9-Euro-Ticket, pp. 14 ff.):
https://assets.static-bahn.de/dam/jcr:5d07a75e-b834-4b9e-a130-75e322bde797/20220523_BB_9-Euro-Ticket_f%C3%BCr-bahn-de.pdf
>>
>>1803403
I correct myself then:
The /chad/ holy grail will be to get a 9-Euro ticket from each Austria, Poland and Switzerland using a 9-Euro ticket.
>>
>>1803404
Strictly speaking, the Netherlands should also be possible.
It's valid on "alle" services within the limits of VRR.
That includes Venlo and there is probably at least a VRR ticket machine at that station.

That said, it's getting full.
>Deutsche Bahn: Schon mehr als 200.000 verkaufte 9-Euro-Tickets
https://www.br.de/nachrichten/nachrichten/deutschland-welt/verkauf-von-9-euro-ticket-gestartet-bahn-meldet-hohe-nachfrage
>>
>>1803395
I get irritated when I see my hometown posted on 4chan.
>>
>>1803421
>hometown
DSO or Naumburg?
If Naumburg: I'm jelly about that ticket.
>>
>>1803395
>regular commuter pass?
What
Germany government/transut agencies didn't extend the expiry date of regular pass users, making them still having to pay out of their own pocket as part of the pass they already purchased, instead of enjoying the government discount?
>>
>>1803988
All (Nahverkehr-)commuter passes get discounted to 9 Euros per month.
They keep all their original validity and get a 9 Euro Ticket on top for free.

It's going to be a nightmare, if they actually try to control 9 Euro tickets from across the country, but I suppose considering the low price of the ticket, they will largely cease checking tickets in the first place.
It makes no sense to "blackride" at that price point to begin with. No matter how fucking poor you are. Which makes me worry about homeless abusing trains as shelter (with valid tickets).
>>
>>1803995
There're many homeless people in Germany?
I do remember encountering more scammers in Germany than the combined sum of them in Czechia, Austria, Denmark, and Sweden, when travelling in Europe.
>>
Yeah, it will be a real shitshow in germany because of the 9€-ticket, almost apocalyptic. cant wait to see the suffering of all the dumb cucked mask-cattle in overcrowded german trains - das Leben in vollen Zügen geniessen indeed.

- Bereits eine Million Mal verkauft: Neun-Euro-Ticket: Polizeigewerkschaft warnt vor „Katastrophe“

https://jungefreiheit.de/politik/deutschland/2022/polizei-9-euro-ticket/
>>
Do Ukrainians need to buy the 9€ ticket as well or will they travel for free?
>>
>>1804040
how is living in constant fear treating you? s2g, if climate activists had this level of doomsday cultism, you guys would meme about nothing else
>>
>>1804055
What doomsday cultism?
These are legit predictions from experience and I'll be watching the fireworks from far away.
>>
>>1804051
Ukrainians still travel for free.
>>
>>1804063
AFAIK only from the border to Berlin.

>>1804055
>doomsday cultism
Realistically, looking at the numbers, there is no fucking way this thing won't implode upon itself.
Local services generally have good, sustainable ridership as is. And it's not like you could massively increase the capacity for just those three months.
It was a quick afterthought loin-cloth to enable the Greens to agree to lower taxes on fuel without losing face.
But considering left-alternatives have already organized to tear down the island of Sylt, they will lose face anyway.
>>
>>1804079
>But considering left-alternatives have already organized to tear down the island of Sylt, they will lose face anyway.
That won't be blamed on the Greens, I'm actually looking forward to see how it will be spun by the media, maybe they are already watching news footage from the 2020 Seattle autonomous zone.
>>
>>1804055
Well, most commuters probably already experienced overcrowded train doomsdays at least once due to normal bahn fuckups. It once got so bad here I was refunded the monthly pass.
So it's not so much fear but excitement and glee at a bit of entertaining chaos., kinda like the toilet paper crisis.
>>
>>1804079
I really doubt it will convert many riders, as people are usually deterred by the service, not the price. I can see increased ridership in long-distance regional trains (think RE11 in NRW, VBB RE1 etc), especially on weekends and holidays, but the impact on commuter and rural services in less-touristy areas will likely be small. Imo the high number of sales comes from regular or semi-regular riders who are just happy to get their hands on a ticket that is so much cheaper than the usual fares. Seriously, a city-wide four-journey ticket is more expensive where I live.
>It was a quick afterthought loin-cloth to enable the Greens to agree to lower taxes on fuel without losing face.
100%
>>
>>1804012
>There're many homeless people in Germany?
Depends on where you compare it to and where you are a lot. Compared to US cities germany is devoid of homeless, but compared to switzerland or similar there are more. And then of course it's a city thing. I think I have only ever seen 1 homeless person in 20 years of living in a village (and they were just on a bus station, going somewhere else), while you may see a handful of homeless in a medium sized city if you know where to look. And most homeless you will find in the big cities, frankfurt and berlin had a lot that you would just see from what I remember (still substantially less than in the US). München probably too, though there I didn't see them at least.
>>
>>1804368
>I really doubt it will convert many riders, as people are usually deterred by the service, not the price.
Hong Kong, a city with 90%+ transit ridership in general, tried free transit for one day last year. To promote the new "election" they have that you can only elect approved candidates. Most people use transit regularly but still crowded on buses and trains to "take advantage of the government". (Although the free ride wasn't funded by government, instead they cornered transit agencies into "taking up social responsibility".)

The result? Train stations are in crowd control mode most of the day as if it is an hour until new year eve, and so many people waiting for the bus that you can get on it if you wait an hour at the terminus, good luck if you're trying to board from any intermediate stations. Regular commuters who had to attend work on Sunday are forced to use taxi instead.
>>
>>1804393
>one day of free transit
Events like that always devolved into chaos, no matter where, at least the Germans spread it over three months.
>>
File: lang_platz.jpg (146 KB, 800x800)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1804397
>at least the Germans spread it over three months
Mostly since the tax reduction on fuel applies for the same time range. No fucking actual thought went into this entire thing.
Same thing as with pic related. The Greens will probably hurt public transport in Germany more than the FDP could have ever hoped to.

But don't worry: I have zero doubt, the German media will present this whole thing as a major success story no matter what.
>>
>>1800472
I'd rather have 40 million browns in DE than 1 more of you
>>
>>1804775
Your wish is the government's command!
>>
Enjoy your shitty overcrowded trains jewmans, packed together like cattle on the way to the slaughterhouse while wearing a cuckmask as dictated by the (((state))) - but dont think its a real bargain. According to the AfD, the real cost for the 9€ ticket is 110€ - and you will pay it with even more taxes and even more shittier service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CLxYyCtOo
>>
>>1804876
>Enjoy
Whatever happens, good or bad, I will.
>>
>>1804876
>the real cost for the 9€ ticket is 110€
Only if you are a net tax payer.
>>
>>1804876
110EUR? That seems to be an underestimation. Even seishun-18 ticket in Japan which is only valid for 5 days and barred passengers from riding any limited express train or shinkansen, cost about as much. And even that have been under controversy for being too cheap. and hurting the railways.
>>
>>1804876
anyone with at least half a brain knows this is a retarded populist scheme that just costs the taxpayer a shitload of money and does fuckall except stuff the trains full of people making unnecessary trips. It's a banana republic tier action to distract people from massive inflation, money being given away to ukraine, supply chain collapse, and generally piss-poor governing of Germany.
>>
>>1805915
It also gives an excuse to prolong any mask mandates that were abolished nearly everywhere else.
At least they're not pretending that surgical masks do anything in a public setting.
>>
>>1805915
Yet sitting on a slow train with many others is the best way to start discussing current affairs with strangers
>>
File: Sahara-1289691778.jpg (960 KB, 2604x1404)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>1804055
>if climate activists had this level of doomsday cultism,
If other groups were as doomsday as the climate crowd we'd be having ethnic cleansing.
The dividing line between modern climate activists and racists is treating new groups as unwanted in the population (like more traditional environmentalists wanting to keep sub-species able to mate separate and distinct) and treating all humans as unwanted vermin on the planet.
German greens are a somewhat oddball exception, based on a phobia of nuclear power arguing based on 1960s tech (like the never modernized Fukushima-1, pretending it killed the tsunami victims) and pretending the German green energy concept of Germany works in spite of it basically running on natural gas power-plants.
>>
>>1805941
>basically running on natural gas power-plants.
To elaborate, these are the fluctuations that have to be compensated by Russian gas-imports.
>>
>>1805912
I think the supposed >AfD numbers probably relate to how much one 9 Euro Ticket will cost us in total.
They are probably calculating with approximately 25 million 9€-tickets.
Take the 2.7 billion the Bundesländer explicitly get on top to cover the 9€-ticket and divide it by that number.
That's a Milchmädchenrechnung in both directions for a lot of reasons, but while it's the >AfD, they are raising a valid point there.

>>1805912
It's a steal, but the Seishun-18 Ticket is one of the things keeping railways in Japan alive.
They can discontinue the Moonlight trains, but they could never discontinue that.
>>
>>1805980
>but the Seishun-18 Ticket is one of the things keeping railways in Japan alive.
It is one of the things that keep the rail/fan/ community alive, probably, but then the Japanese railfan community is better dead than alive for the overall operation of rail transportation, especially with them hurting safety of other rail users and non-users
>>
>>1806109
It's only a certain subset of train otakus that cause most of the disturbances, probably unironically less than 13% responsible for more than 52% of incidents.
You also have the more wealthy railfans spending a shitload of their money on trains and train accessories.
>>
>>1806232
Pretty sure most of the passengers of those ultra expensive train cruise aren't rail fans in the sense of being part of the rail fan community.
>>
I was in Zurich while ago and they had ticket machines at literally every tram stop. Do other Swiss cities have that too?
>>
>>1806240
If you look at the prices I would assume that most customers are at least closeted railfans.
>>
>>1806255
It's quite easy: if the stop is served by at least one line that doesn't have onboard ticket sales (i.e. intra-city buses and trams) then the stop needs to have at least one ticket machine.
>>
Day 1 of the first month of 9-Euro summer:
How's the situation germanbros?
>>
>>1806506
Ask again when it's not 6AM. Maybe after the first weekend.
>>
So which one of you idiots is the cringelord demanding a U-Bahn for Zürich?
>>
File: Duewag_Belgrad.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1357)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>1793929
Did Switzerland just dump their old trams on random shitholes? We got these in 2001.
>>
File: DM-GE-wj.jpg (88 KB, 1200x678)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
apropos shithole... i was browsing the web about the 9€ ticket - and then i see this pic. dear god your country is so cucked af. so have fun sharing your overcrowded, delayed trains with nafris, mudslimes and other kind of kanacken. Deutschland hat sich in der Tat echt abgeschafft : https://www.spiegel.de/reise/deutschland/neun-euro-ticket-zwoelf-bahn-tipps-fuer-wieder-einsteiger-a-4134cb48-f987-432d-b4ef-f503cb1ceb28
>>
>>1806547
Yeah, they're either donated or sold off for a nominal amount as development aid.
You get to see former Swiss rolling stock as far away as Pyongyang and Madgascar.

How are they, compared to other trams in Belgrade?

>>1806553
What do you expect from (((Spiegel)))?
>>
>>1806536
>So which one of you idiots is the cringelord demanding a U-Bahn for Zürich?
In 1952 or 1966?
>>
>>1806506
So far commuting here just feels the usual level of cramped. I guess I'll notice when it's almost as busy on the weekend.
>>
>>1806553
Don't believe the Spiegel's lies.
The situation is bad, but by far not that bad.
Which is not to say our political caste isn't working on that.
>>
>>1806536
I'm in favour of an U-Bahn in Zurich but only to get foreigners to the Gulag faster
>>
File: chad-promo.jpg (219 KB, 1080x1350)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Which one of you guys did this?
>>
>>1806587
>>
>>1807181
You have a link for that?
I'm genuinely curious why somebody would demand a U-Bahn for a city like Zurich despite the obviously working tram and (sub-)urban train system.
>>
>>1807190
tagi forum /article on new design for main station / about a dozen or so "guys" demand a ubahn, so pedestrians and trams don't disturb their cars.
>>
>>1807175
lmao is that an RhB train?
>>
File: FUVdQ1qXEAIqSYX.jpg (765 KB, 1536x2048)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
It feels so good to indulge in gloating - as was to be expected, masses of braindead germans with their slavemask are now filling the trains until there is no room even to stand. your country and your government is so shit, it would be a mercy if the russians liberated it again.
>>
>>1807475
Where are you from ans why do you hate us. I understand that we are cucks but why the hate
>>
Christ he's STILL seething
>>
File: Seriously Nigger.jpg (37 KB, 340x565)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1804876
>AfD Podcast
>>
>>1807485
Question is why not hate Germans?
Be honest, even Germans hate other Germans.

Anyway, how's the first weekend of the 9-Euro ticket treating you guys? Any good experiences?
>>
File: heutevollbesetzt.jpg (453 KB, 2048x1536)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Gut, konnte natürlich niemand mit rechnen...
>>
>>1804401
It -is- a success story because it proves that people are happy to use rail more if it simply becomes more affordable, and therefore that rail renovations and expansions are a good investment because even with greater volume and running costs the operation will be more economical per passenger than running overpriced half empty trains.
>>
>>1807560
Well, it will be interesting to see how people are using the ticket.
And whoever pays for the studies into that, will be able to put his spin on the results. And whoever reports on that, will be able to put another spin on top.
More money for railways (and public transport in general) in Germany? Yay!
More meddling by politicians that literally have no idea what they are talking about and only care about experts, if they say what they want to hear? No.
>>
File: FUWcm8zWAAMG87q.jpg (430 KB, 2048x922)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>1807538
I can top that. Imagine paying a premium for ICE-Ticket to avoid the 9€-plebs, only to get stuck on a overcrowded station full with such cuckmuzzled riffraff like 1807475 with delays more than one hour without a quiet place to sit down. As a Swiss, I really don't envy what you as Germans have to endure in your cucked, fucked up banana republic.
>>
Is it realistic to assume that nobody will check any tickets on regional trains in Germany?
And would that also apply to the few cross-border regional trains?
Asking for a Ukrainian friend.
>>
>>1807510
It's hell, trains are overloaded everywhere, the ac barely functions. It's India tier
>>
>>1807616
Tickets are still getting checked.
There even was a story in the news about a conductor getting fed up with people not directly showing photo id alongside their ticket, which is required for the 9€-Ticket.
>>
>>1807619
So like my usual commute then.
>>
>>1807826
That's so German and a huge waste of labour.
Ticket inspections should be limited to first class (if not declassed due to overcrowding) and any staff not needed on board should be allocated to stations that desperately need them.
>>
>>1807875
It's the "AfD", but what they say isn't entirely off the mark.
Stop trying to gauge the validity of an argument by whom utters it.
Look at it at face value and decide what to think of it, based on that. That's especially helpful on a website like this, but also in general.
>>
File: 08a1.jpg (102 KB, 1024x1024)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1807875
>AfD bad
>>
>>1807877
>>
>>1807881
>Alternative Mitte
Nur der Flügel.
>>
>>1793576
excellent
>>
How do you germans cope with your shitty public transport system and the fact you will be forced to wear your fagmask on trains and busses as long your zogbots are in power - that means for the next coming years until the inevitable bitter end?

I predict that it will only get worse this winter, your despots will tighten the screws again because of the after effects of the 9€ ticket like mandatory masks and vaxpasses everywhere, and maybe even finally introducting forced vaccinations.

pic source: https://twitter.com/manaf12hassan/status/1534176464538566662
>>
>>1809167
>schwurbel schwurbel, zogbots, schwurbel schwurbel.
why don't you go back to /pol/ and be a dick cheese there?
>>
>>1809167
you do realise the "zogbots" you're talking about control all "developed" or "western" countries, which are really just vassal states of the United Sharts? anyway, go back to /pol/.
>>
>>1809167
The picture doesn't look too bad to be honest, could be from rush hour in most European cities.
>>1809171
>schwurbel
Go back to twatter.
>>1809167
Could you tone it down a bit, the captcha literally told me "SVPx2".
>>
>>1809176
>muh anti public transport party
now go back to /pol/ you stupid fuck
>>
>>1809183
Are the SVP really anti public transport or are they just pro-car?
>>
>>1809187
>party run by car import billionaires
>car lobbyists, truck lobbyists, motorbike lobbyists
They torpedoed every single public transport project here, fighting light rail and demanding broader roads with bus lanes instead. Worst is SVP villages that have built shitty car infrastructure for the last 50 years and shitty decentralized single home developments and now complain that their public transport isn't working and insist they have to use cars.
SVP hates public transport with a verge.
>>
>>1809195
That sucks, you could easily make the SBB an object of nationalist pride, especially when compared to the neighbouring countries.
>>
>>1809195
But which party should we otherwise elect, if we want also freedom and liberty in our country? During the plandemic madness all other parties were cucked big-pharma-WHO-bootlickers as fuck, especially the SP-leftards and greens. If they had the sole power we would still have to wear the fagmuzzle in public transport to this day like in germany and have to pay carbon-taxes. And so it's good that we have a counterweight to these freedom hating, traitorous eco-socialists.
>>
>>1809195
>They torpedoed every single public transport project here
where and which project?
>>
>>1809219
cope harder, he's absolutely right, the SVP have been the only (mostly) sensible party these last two years while the others have supported literal totalitarian measures like lockdowns and vaxpass ffs, not to mention opposing pro-EU retardation, big government taxes like CO2-Gesetz, or giving up our neutrality because of CURRENT THING
>>
>>1809218
https://www.svp-zuerich.ch/artikel/behordenreferendum-gegen-glatttalbahn/
https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/limmattal/region-limmattal/limmattalbahn-die-svp-sagt-am-ende-nein-ld.1717660
Just some examples, but they voted against pretty much all public transport everywhere. because muh freedom hating, traitorous eco-socialists.
>>
>>1809213
>>1809221
>be train autist
>vote for party that hates trains because you fell for their simple populism
sad things happen in Switzerland.
>>
>>1809195
SVP has had a majority in Schaffhausen for years and Schaffhausen has greatly expanded the S-Bahn network, plus pressured Baden-Württemberg for better train service on the german-owned lines, thanks to which at the end of this year FINALLY the Schaffhausen-Singen line will be operated by SBB instead of shitty DB trains.
>>
>>1809223
Liberalism has made us one of the richest countries in the world, and only because of that we can afford to have the best public transport in the world. If you think it's good to just rip up all the foundation of our wealth because of CURRENT THING, be my guest. I just wonder if it'll still be funny when we stop having top-tier trains because we've ruined our country and can't afford them anymore.
>>
>>1809225
It's more important to remain free and wealthy than just being pro-trains. It's pointless to be pro-trains if your country is a shithole like germany and you can't afford good public transit.
>>
>>1809229
https://www.toponline.ch/news/schaffhausen/detail/news/kanton-schaffhausen-soll-mehr-zahlen-fuer-oeffentlichen-ortsverkehr-00161443/
>SVP Schaffhausen votes against public transport
Good luck memeing the Swiss car party into /n/ & frens.
>>
>>1809233
I think your problem seems to be with democracy itself, as you don't understand that different parties can have different opinions. And being against the 2% increase in public transport financing doesn't make you literally Hitler, it's just a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm not an NPC so even though I might generally like one party, I don't have to agree with them on everything.
But I also think that imposing medical tyranny is much, much, much worse, as it also goes against our constitution and fundamental rights and values, than being against the 2% more funding. Which, seeing how Schaffhausen had no better idea than buying some retarded battery buses, I don't see the benefit of that additional funding. It's just money down the drain for VBSH's new toy.
>>
>>1809219
>>1809223
>>1809225

I rather have freedom and liberty than trains full with braindead maskfags, if i have to choose. I bet you were one of the gullible sheeple who got jabbed at least 3 times, docilely staying at home during lockdown and wear your slavemask like a obedient fag everywhere in the last 2 years, because the leftards in the state, media and society told you to do so.
>>
File: PXL_20211024_111327375.jpg (962 KB, 2000x1500)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>1809230
>>1809231
>muh everybody hates Switzerland but the billionaires populists party
guys, this is /n/, if you feel the need to spew your memes use >>>/pol/.
>>
>>1809236
>I think your problem seems to be with democracy itself, as you don't understand that different parties can have different opinions.
Please stop implying, it is very inpolite. I have no problem with democracy, I just know that SVP votes against public transport like no other party, on all levels. Examples of pro public transport parties would be SP or GPS. Thats also why those parties have huge majorities in areas with dense public transport, aka cities.

>>1809238
>muh have to wear mask in train during pandemic
>confirmed by public vote, twice
>muh totalitarianism muh dictatorship muh freedom
See, me on the other hand, like the vast majority of the Swiss population, was very happy that retards like you would be fined off the trains during the active pandemic.
>>
File: 9et_westerland.jpg (710 KB, 2048x1536)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>1809239
>(25) /n/ - /chad/ -....
>What happen!?
>It's just /pol/-tards.
Meh...
Even talk about Garmisch would have been better than that.

>>1809167
That photo uses a trick to make the platform seem crowded, while it's not even half-full.
>>
>>1809240
>I have no problem with democracy
>REEEEEEEEEEEEs about SVP because they don't agree with him
>is ok with totalitarian tyranny
>>
>>1809240
lmao I bet this nigga still wears his ffp2 mask on the train to own the evil SVP
>>
>>1809239
They don't hate Switzerland, they just hate freedom.
>>
>>1809253
Show me on the doll where the SVP touched you
>>
>>1809259
>no more argument
>ad hominem
It's ok, I think you proved my point.
>>
>>1809225
>be pro-trains
>vote to improve and expand the railroads
>vote SVP to keep trains free of diversity
Sucks for you Germanbro that you can't do the same.
>>
>over a dozen new post in a general that lasts for months
>spergs arguing about populist politics
This thread derailed harder than pic related.
>>
>>1809253
>like 75% of all Swiss people who don't vote SVP apparently.
I'd say about 60%, that was the proportion that vote in favour of the vax pass law which is literally against the constitution.
The majority being in favour of tyranny doesn't mean it's not tyranny.

>>1809261
>give ad hominem
>receive ad hominem
>"hurr proved my point"
QED
>>
>>1809274
>I'd say
Last national election said 75% of Swiss don't vote for Autopartei aka SVP, apparently they all must hate freedom and love tyranny. Or maybe you're just a drama queen that uses buzzwords and shills for a party that fights tooth and nails for every parking lot and car lane all over Switzerland.
>>
>>1809270
Cant help it, they populists are a minority here in Switzerland, but they are a loud and stupid minority.
>>
>>1809242
>EDEKA
sorry but this is all I can think of when I see that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyTJYI-JpHU
>>
>>1809281
pro covid-tyranny bootlickers like you are the reason why i quit working for such a society and became a shameless welfare leecher instead here in switzerland. as long the "temporary" emergency rule are not abolished and our civil rights fully restored, i will never lift a finger again for this fucking society full of gullible sheeps.
>>
>>1809288
yeah yeah, everbody sheeps but you, you so very smart blab bla bla. And in reality you lose every vote and never saw a university from the inside.
>>
>>1809270
Do we know anything more about that incident at this point?
It's not like they had any concrete evidence towards (criminal) neglect on the driver's, the Fdl's or the line manager's side, right?
>>
Choosing an /n/-supporting party is really difficult though, since every single of them has at least one retarded policy that they're pushing.
Luckily, the parties don't have as much power in Switzerland since to the people have the last say at the ballot anyway, unlike elsewhere where choosing your party also means going along with their policies.
>>
>>1809317
I don't know, when it is only about /n/ topics then SP/GPS win hands down. If you care a bit about the economy you probably want GLP.
>>
>>1809331
All three of those propose a lot of nice ideas for large-scale public transportation and urban traffic, but are blind in the area of non-urban transportation in their quest to eliminate motorised individual traffic.
In addition the SPS is stuck with their union brethren from the SEV who stifle all kinds of interesting ideas to keep their relevance.
On the other hand you have the SVP overdosing on Giezendanner and Emil Frey, whereas all the CVP cares about is creating cushy posts to park their cadres in.
>>
>>1809333
>All three of those propose a lot of nice ideas for large-scale public transportation and urban traffic, but are blind in the area of non-urban transportation in their quest to eliminate motorised individual traffic.
Why don't you go back to >>>/o/ if you love cars so much? I happen to live in a major population/transport/industry hub and all I care about is good public transport because I don't even own a car. I really don't care when other cantons can't get their shit together. City toll soon.
>>
>>1809335
Why don't (You) go back to >>>/pol/ if all you do is spout stale catchphrases?
It's not feasible to run postal buses 24/7 to every hamlet, so you need to come to some good ol' Helvetic compromise.
Plus you need acceptable streets anyway because you need to get your goods and services delivered and neither cargo bicycles nor cargo trams can handle that.
I am all for walling off cities from private transit traffic and stuffing all AG and SZ license plates into paid P+R garages, something both left and right refuse to admit would be beneficial for everybody.
>>
>>1809349
>I am all for walling off cities from private transit traffic and stuffing all AG and SZ license plates into paid P+R garages, something both left and right refuse to admit would be beneficial for everybody.
Mmmh, now guess what parties would support that and what parties would fight teeth and nail against it, because muh freedom (and muh car lobbby)! Thats' why pushing SVP as the pro public transport party is so absurdly ridiculous. There is a reason they are a fringe party in every major city and only have strong holds where people live from agricultural subventions and marry their cousins by tradition.
>>
>>1809362
Yes, tell me which party would support that.
It sure as hell won't be the Greens nor will it be the SPS because they are blinded by their respective ideologies.
Maybe the GLP but looking at their recent decisions I wouldn't put much hope in them either.
The SVP would be sperging out no matter what, most likely the same for the FDP (although they are easier to convince for compromises).
The only major player left is the CVP and I really don't like them for a variety of reasons that aren't on topic.

I really wish the electorate of the SVP could be drummed up against highway extensions as a way of giving the finger to the EU and their refusal to put transit cargo on rails.
>>
>>1809333
>the SEV
Switzerland has a "Schienen-Ersatz-Verkehr" party?
>>
File: 19143.png (302 KB, 1890x1417)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>1809372
>It sure as hell won't be the Greens nor will it be the SPS because they are blinded by their respective ideologies.
B U L L S H I T !
Green Party did exactly that, pic very related.
>>
>>1809377
You conveniently left out the part about the parking garages on the outskirts which they sure as hell won't support.
>>1809375
SEV is the powerful union of public transportation employees, their unofficial motto is "public transportation would be great if not for those pesky passengers".
>>
>>1809389
Park & Ride has massive support form SP & Greens. You're touting utter bullshit, if it was for Greens and SP the cities would have been car free 20 years ago.
>>
>>1809389
>"public transportation would be great if not for those pesky passengers".
And in German?

In Germany we have the "Beförderungsfall".
That guy is indeed the biggest troublemaker in the whole railway business.
>>
>>1809394
At least now they are starting to btfo cars from the cities. Glad I'm alive to see that and all the cager tears for every parking space lost.
>>
>>1809395
SBB is pretty fucking great and by all standards, except for some anons that throw a tantrum when they have to wear a mask in public transport during pandemic. you know, "those" guys.
>>
>>1807251
Yes, because propaganda doesn't fact check.
>>
File: 10_tabelle_maske.png (83 KB, 662x632)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>1809397
The real idiots are people like you who believe all the lies and propaganda from the mainstream media and government - like that a experimental, barely tested vaccination is perfectly harmless or FFP2-masks will actually protect you against virusses, even when the opposite has been proven like in the K-Tipp from 28.5. But i bet as leftard you will dismiss this source, because its not from the BAG, 20min, SRF or whatever propaganda mouthpiece you probably read.
>>
File: lol.jpg (35 KB, 500x375)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1809416
>The real idiots are people like you who believe all the lies and propaganda from the mainstream media and government
>proven like in the K-Tip
Ok, first you condemn le ebil mainstream media, then you quote K-Tipp from le ebil mainstream media, then you wonder why still nobody takes you serious?
>>
>>1809397
Keep seething, never going to wear a mask and if things are getting a bit too crowded I may cough a bit to get my deserved 4 seat compartment to myself.
>>
>>1809397
You haven't needed to wear a mask in Swiss trains in months.
>>
>>1809542
Dude, I'm not seething, I'm laughing so fucking hard about what a walking face palm you are.
>>
>>1809574
I don't believe you, if you were breathing freely on a train in the last two years you could see that most maskfags were seething despite half of their faces being covered.
>>
>>1809300
How long did it take until it was clear who was responsible for the Traumstein collision?
>>
>>1809580
Sorry, meant Bad Aibling (near Traunstain) in 2016.
>>
>>1800865
That's amazing. The Swiss are 'no refunds' right up there with the level of kikes and have some of the worst customer service I have seen anywhere in the world. I live here btw. Some routes have pretty shitty connections requiring full on sprinting so that's indicative of bad planning and the actual tracks being used are over capacity and they are coping until a better solution is realized. For example the route (not the exact train number) between Luzern and Zurich is over capacity even though in many sections it splits to two tracks.
>>
>>1809582
The customer service is stingy on the refunds but quite generous in allowing you to use different services in case of a disturbance.
Each station in Switzerland has a time value assigned that describes the minimum time required to transfer from any train to another, for example for Zürich HB this value is 7 minutes.
Of course if the first train is delayed for even just a bit you might end up running but if you miss your connection due to having less time to transfer than specified for the station you are entitled to use the next feasible train, even when using a discounted ticket.
>>
>>1809587
Forgot to mention that you can adjust your transfer times in the timetable search in case you want to have comfortable transfers, although you might end up waiting for an additional 20 minutes or change trains an additional time.
>>
>>1809580
>>1809581
Bad Aibling was pretty much obvious from the night it happened with details surfacing within no time.
Here we have neither excessive speed, nor falsely set signalling/switches, nor an overloaded train.
It's probably a safe bet that the responsibility is with the infrastructure itself, but we simply don't know at this point.
The BEU is on the job and will release a report in due time.
https://www.eisenbahn-unfalluntersuchung.de/
>>
File: visualabstractdeutsch.jpg (359 KB, 1058x595)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>1809574
congratulation retard - as a maskfag you have doubled your risk to get the 'rona - plus the whole time you were wearing your cuckmuzzle, your looked like a spineless cunt.
>>
>>1809592
>Schwurbel schwurbel
still wondering why nobody takes you serious?
>>
>>1809596
>schwurbel
Go back to twatter if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, don't forget to update your flags!
>>
>>1809597
>REEEEEEEEE
dude, i got good news for you, there is an entire containment board for schizos like you, there you can meet likeminded people and have a save space where people won't laugh at you for being stupid >>>/pol/ you're welcome.
>>
>>1809596
i bet you are a leftoid cityfag from zurich. So don't you have better things to do, like standing with other leftard cucks for a gender-neutral language, while still wearing the retard mask outside ?
>>
>>1809601
>implying so hard
and I bet you are really mad, triggered so to say ;^)
>>
>>1809600
I think you're a much better candidate for a containment board poster with the brain damage you're displaying in this thread.
>>
>>1809395
>And in German?
"Der schweizer ÖV funktioniert perfekt wenn da nur nicht diese lästigen Kunden wären."
They are right in some aspects, most weaknesses of the Swiss public transportation experience is caused by its customers:
>noise/dirt
>unbalanced loads in trains due to specific groups travelling during rush hours (students, seniors, tourists)
>people not utilising the offers to the fullest (rush hour relief trains are less used than their regular equivalents; people only getting on the crowded central part of a train)
>customers being cunts to staff that is not at fault for a given situation, leading to many customer-facing employees becoming jarred after their first couple years
>"Personenunfall"&"Personen in Gleisnähe"
However, they do not make things better by clinging onto the status quo if better alternatives are available:
>they were against any kind of night services, especially on weekends
>they were against mobile ticketing
>they were against the Swisspass (although during the introduction stage they had legit concerns)
>they fought tooth and nail against getting people to take language classes for both national and international languages
All in all they are a powerful union that tries to protect the interests of the transport staff but they aren't without fault.
>>
>>1809624
You mean shitting the entire thread up with Schwurbler infographs and SVP fanboy posts because you are too stupid to differ between /n/ and /pol/?
>>
>>1809629
No, I mean replying to lame troll posts with even lamer reactions.
You know your posts are shit when multiple of your posts got canned by the janny on /n/ of all boards.
Please, stop feeding the troll.
>>
>>1809630
>it's not the trolls fault, it's your fault
how about no and go fuck yourself? If he derail the thread with /pol/ shit then be my guest. Alternatively take care of the troll.
>>
>>1806553
>tfw I can count the number of POC I've seen in my life with my hands
feels good to be a european ruralchad
>>
>>1809633
hows your tram network out there? good connections? nice rolling stock?
>>
>>1809632
Why so hostile? I'm sure it's not your first day around here so you should be familiar with the concept of "don't feed the troll".
If everybody had practised that 90% of the garbage posts in the second half of the thread wouldn't have happened.
>Alternatively take care of the troll.
I take care of the troll by ignoring it.
If that's too much work for you, you can use the "hide" and "report" function offered by this board.
Helpful hint: If you report a post it will get automatically get hidden for your convenience.
>>
>>1809634
Thanks for asking, can't complain.
>>
>>1809638
>Forchbahn
>claims to have seen less thant 10 POC
Why do I just know you're full of shit?
>>
>>1809637
tl;dr?
>>
>>1809639
It's true, I haven't seen many criminals in person if you disregard beggars (which I don't really consider criminals despite the legal definition).
I also just came back from the toilet, it went well, definitely less shit inside me now, thanks for asking.
>>
File: IMG_20190605_155331.jpg (1.35 MB, 2448x2448)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
On a different matter, the city of Zürich now employs noise measurement for police to pick out and fine overloud cars. That is already pretty fucking nice, but it gets even better, we get Barcelona squares, two precious, car free Barcelona squares!
https://www.watson.ch/schweiz/z%C3%BCrich/240905450-stadt-zuerich-bald-werden-laermblitzer-eingesetzt
https://www.watson.ch/schweiz/z%C3%BCrich/751184286-stadt-zuerich-soll-rasch-zwei-verkehrsfreie-quartierbloecke-schaffen
Pretty fucking based!
>>
File: CnrRmF3W8AA84QA.jpg (51 KB, 720x757)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1809397
>I'll gladly wear a synthetic toxic cloth over my face without complaining if daddy government wants me to
>>
>>1809582
If you don't like it here you know where the door is.
>>
>>1809638
>Forchbahn
>rural
When did this thread get filled with retards ffs
>>
>>1809626
>"Der schweizer ÖV funktioniert perfekt wenn da nur nicht diese lästigen Kunden wären."
Also ich habe ihn schon in Anwesenheit von anderen "lästigen Kunden" genutzt und eigentlich war da nirgends was zu meckern. Im Gegenteil.
Sieht das vielleicht außerhalb der deutschsprachigen Schweiz anders aus? Die Sippschaft, die damals Französisch gesprochen hat, hat einen etwas komischen Eindruck bei mir hinterlassen.
Oh wait, this is /n/, not /int/...
Well, it's understandable that a union opposes night services. mobile ticketing and also extra language classes (off the clock, I suppose?).
Night shifts and having to deal with those new types of tickets aren't exactly fun.
The public has to take a firm stance towards them in those cases, though.
>>
>>1809679
>off the clock, I suppose?
on the clock and on premises
>>
>>1809692
>on the clock and on premises
Well, then I don't really understand that part.
Unions tend to be happy with employee education on the clock.
>>
>>1809699
But you got to think of the boomers 10 years before retirement who won't be able to get into the next paygrade because they don't want to learn anything new!
>>
>>1809249
>They don't hate Switzerland, they just hate freedom.
Wow, that must be a lot of freedom haters then, because 70% of Swiss don't vote SVP.
>>
>>1809738
75%, sorry, my bad.
>>
File: balkanexpress.jpg (759 KB, 1900x950)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>
File: balkanbumler.jpg (129 KB, 994x559)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>
>>1809637
>Why so hostile?
Yeah, I don't know if it's your hair, the way you look, the way you smell. It's just something about you rubs me the wrong way!
>>
File: Abteil2-523.jpg (138 KB, 800x600)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>
File: sitzpolster.jpg (160 KB, 1024x683)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>1809751
I like SBB seat cushion designs so much.
>>
File: sitzpolster2.jpg (2.78 MB, 2048x1369)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>1809752
It's almost like a Fetish
>>
File: sitzpolster2.jpg (2.59 MB, 5568x3712)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>1809753
Thats why I decided to share my fabulous collection of SBB seat cussions with you guys.
>>
File: sitzpolster3.jpg (101 KB, 1400x754)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>1809755
Enjoy!
>>
File: sitzpolster4.jpg (115 KB, 1695x953)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1809757
>>
File: sitzpolster5.jpg (213 KB, 1280x853)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>1809760
>>
File: SitzpolstermitdieFüss.jpg (148 KB, 1280x960)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>1809762
Open with care, this one is very sexy and blueboard borderline.
>>
File: sitzpolstermitdiefüss.jpg (234 KB, 1377x1376)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>1809764
>>
File: sitzpolster6.jpg (381 KB, 1600x1200)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>1809765
not, sure, something is wrong with this color scheme, but not sure what.
>>
>>1809766
this one on the other hand is notoriously sexy.
>>
File: flexity.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1809767
which brings me to my absolute favourite seat, the new flexity wood seat. hygienic and stylish.
>>
>>1809770
which is, lets be honest, so much better than these lice traps.
>>
And now some exotic beauty, RhB, the classic oldschool scheme.
>>
File: rhb.jpg (64 KB, 814x459)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1809774
compared to this glory the new one is just cold and tron like.
>>
File: bls.jpg (121 KB, 800x600)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>1809775
on of my favourites is BLS, classy and clean.
>>
>>1809751
Is that officially called an Abteil?
Seems like a stretch.
>>
>>1809777
BOB is also sexy with their new rolling stock.
>>
>>1809778
Yes, yes of course thats an Abteil. not too comfy right at the door, but then when the car catches fire and everybody dies except you, then what do you care? right?
>>
>>1809779
back to RHB
>>
>>1809782
This ones German. BMW seats. in a train. fail.
>>
File: nachher.jpg (215 KB, 832x608)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>1809785
This one is from Berlin S-Bahn, very bland if you ask me.
>>
>>1809780
It's a "Vis-à-Vis-Sitzgruppe".
A far cry from an "Abteil" in my eyes.
Are definitions in Switzerland different?

I mean, I remember once reserving an Abteil seat (window) in one of your IC carriages and ended up in what could only be called Großraum.
>>
>>1809787
It's to overstate how much I miss those huge old school seats with the head rest. Can't really sleep well in the new stuff.
>>
>>1809788
>Vis-à-Vis
honhonhon, doing le froggy frog frog now?
>>
>>1809789
New Tramlink interior AVA/VBZ
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (319 KB, 1280x960)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>1809793
Never sure with SBB, did they take drugs when designing those things?
>>
>>1809796
I miss this little train like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>1809789
Really too bad n-Wagen are apparently gone-for-good.
I probably had my final regular service ride around the time table change end of 2019.
>>
>>1809799
Some old Swiss RABE series had the same first class seats, so comfy!
>>
>>1809797
Forchbahn is cancer as usual, but then only assholes ride Forchbahn, so it's ok.
>>
>>1809802
not sure if I like those mini lounges, but then red is nice.
>>
>>1809804
Glacier express is pretty sexy
>>
File: glacierexpress.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>1809805
I mean check this stylish motherfucker
>>
File: bernina-express-schweiz.jpg (412 KB, 1280x854)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>1809806
Bernina Express looks more like a BDSM club than a train.
>>
File: glasscherbenwagon.jpg (144 KB, 959x641)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1809807
Special shout out to the SBB plastic floor, usually clean, but sometimes sticky and full of broken glass.
>>
File: 245196-HG20040916_24.jpg (38 KB, 680x378)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1809770
biggest advantage of wooden seats, things like this don't happen!
>>
File: jcr content.jpg (229 KB, 990x720)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>1809809
ÖBB has some sexy night trains
>>
>>1809811
I wish we had those here (except those that we already have)
>>
>>1809813
Just imagine, it is like a huge couch.
>>
File: liegewagen-comfort.jpg (210 KB, 1280x800)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>1809814
Really have to try that, I just hope there is some open slots this summer.
>>
File: DeutscheBahn.jpg (168 KB, 1024x1001)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>1809815
I lack a bit of DB interiors, feel free to post some so I can expand my collection.
>>
File: leere_sitze.jpg (328 KB, 999x680)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>1809816
I have this one from my Berlin collection.
>>
>>1809817
And this one should be Leipzig.
>>
>>1809818
And Hamburg, nice space, but still the same ugly pattern on the seats.
>>
File: 704x396.jpg (82 KB, 704x396)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>1809819
Bremen, never been there, but I hear they got a nice S-Bahn.
>>
File: 704x396.jpg (69 KB, 704x396)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1809820
And München, also very nice. Thats the last one of my collection, but then feel free to send me more.
>>
>>1809782
what kind of strange car is this? For bikes? Never seen this before.
>>
>>1809828
looks like short distance standing places. some guys like to stand.
>>
>>1809833
Nevermind, found it - its a so-called "Fotoabteil" for tourists in new Albula-Gliederzug: https://www.rhb.ch/de/unternehmen/projekte-dossiers/alvra-gliederzuege
>>
>>1809679
Why are Unions legal? We should ban them completely
>>
>>1809867
You're an idiot and everybody hates you. Please try to remember that before you post more bullshit.
>>
NEW
>>1810012
NEW
>>
>>1809997
kys commie, seethe more
>>
test

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.