[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: inmotion v11.png (324 KB, 900x900)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
A different take on Personal Electric Vehicles.
Happily continuing from the old thread: >>1719617

- good tier brands: Inmotion, Kingsong
- fast and dangerous: Begode, Veteran, Bull
- retired tier: Solowheel, Gotway, Ninebot
- homemade tier: RecioWheel

Search youtube for "electric unicycle".
Search "мoнoхoлeco" for Russians extreme modding.

>b-but, it's not the fastest/safest PEV!
You must be one of those people wasting more time parking/securing their PEV than riding it.
Also, gear up! (at least helmet, wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads).

The video thread on Electric Unicycle forum (recent ones on the last pages, currently 684):
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1019-the-video-thread/
>>
kys retard
>>
>>1788902
I want to see how the Begode master does
>>
>>1789009
Master has arrived.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyds7MrimY
Let's see how public beta test would go. After V12 and S20 fiascos I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>1788902
>[literally anything] craps out inside one of those black boxes
>violently faceplant with zero options for recovery
nothing personnel
>>
>>1788902
>мoнoхoлeco
its "мoнoкoлeco"
>>
>>1788902
>>>1719617
did it get jannied?
>>
File: just got jannied.jpg (187 KB, 1919x497)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>1790044
sadly, yes.
lived for more than six months
>>
been riding with pads for the first time recently, feels weird, not sure if i like it. might just have the placement fucked up not sure
>>
File: euc.jpg (145 KB, 1080x1440)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>1790091
well-configured pads increase safety, especially on some unexpected bump

pic unrel8
>>
>>1790044
>the final post which was mine got no answer
>>
>>1790097
wtf is thsi? 7''?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXnl3lDyTo
>>
If I'm walking down the street and I see one of you blokes riding this thing, I will slap you on the spot.
Might as well be riding a hoverboard.
>>
Unichads this is our year... I can feel it oh yes
>>
Riding these in traffic seems insane. If you crash a driver who isn't paying attention could easily run you over.
>>
>>1791394
Somewhat true. For car drivers EUC riders looks like pedestrian with peripheral vision they don't expect them overtaking car it just doesn't register in the brain.
For safety traffic EUC riders need more visibility gear. Preferably jackets in bright colors, and lights mounted on teh backpack/helmet for the dark (EUC lights are too low and can be out of field of view).
>>
>>1791394
same for bicycles
>>
>>1788902
My neighbor has one of these. He covers it and himself in neon lights of varying colors, wears bright yellow windbreaker suit and zooms around the neighborhood. At first I derisively thought he was an autistic retard. But then, I grew to like him so I think he's autistic in a good way
>>
>>1791381
Master is looking good so it the hero and commander mostly. Sherman Max is great. Fixed v12 and v12HT are nice little wheels. Hopefully Kingsong gets their shit together but it's been pretty good so far.
>>
>>1788912
seconding this. these threads are gay.
I'm pretty sure these things are illegal pretty much everywhere, anyway.
>>
File: ca1.png (115 KB, 1800x1578)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1788912
>>1789396
>>1791150
>>1791676
>>1791714
>>
Not like this, EUCchads... Gotway won...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7EfHF1T2KqE
>>
File: CME3pfDoVUTyRS7tvZs3fh.jpg (84 KB, 1000x666)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I wonder, would using cycling cleats with one of those be a bad idea? You'd get so much more control with a solid connection, plus jumping without doing the thigh watermelon squeeze.
>>
>>1792053
you wouldn't want float or to accidentally unclip. i swear /n/ is fucking autistic and not in a good sense, just be normal and ride a bike. or ride an EUC in the way that they're meant to be ridden, as an alternative to an escooter for casuals, so you would want to wear normal street shoes.
>>
File: 857867.jpg (1.09 MB, 4172x1560)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>1792053
Nah.
It makes getting on and off more hassle.
You cant run off from wheel in these things.
And if you fall tying wheel to your legs is not safest idea.

Its all pretty much solved already no need to reinvent EUC.
Holed spiked pedals. Spikes give you secure connection even when wet, and holes make mud you may get on fee to fall through.
For jumping jump pads you hook with bridge of a foot. These pads can be smaller standalone or as a integral part of the larger pads you can push on with shins for harder acceleration (so called power pads).
>>
just hit a new top speed on my Sherman max. gonna try to hit 40 one time and then I'm done trying to chase numbers

liking the wheel so far
>>
>>1792798
man I'm just putting along on my 16x
>>
>>1792067
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST CUSTOMIZE THINGS OR USE YOUR BRAIN TO COME UP WITH ORIGINAL IDEAS, OR IMPROVE UPON AN EXISTING DESIGN
>YOU MUST LET T-THE EXPERTS DO IT!!!!!

Normalfag, go watch netflix or something and then kill yourself.
>>
>>1792858
you're being retarded dude go ahead and glue your feet to one of these lets see how much fun you have
>>
>>1792877
I wasn't implying it's a good idea I was just sayin' that your post was gay
See >>1792089 for an example of a good reply.
>>
File: Etna-Adventure-2022_ita.jpg (1.97 MB, 1754x2480)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>1792858
How fake and how gay.
Principle of least surprise: you don't want your modding to raise the probability of losing control while riding.

Even the whole Molicel P42A trend has to be labeled sus until there's enough proof (enough thousands of miles without surprises) that they can replace the well known LG/Panasonic/Samsung stock (they are "industry standard" for very good reasons; no "industry standard" happens overnight, as it's better keep the old-but-safe version instead of risking a single cut-out; V12 fiasco was about trusting 100V mosfets having +10% tolerance; the S20 epic fiasco was about trusting a 136V fuse and "enough waterproofing").

TLDR: you shouldn't buy a wheel only because of its official specs.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=5C7F7C96B9CB240D!453580&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AH72KLYXambSLHc
>>
>>1789396
We should invent EUCs with deployable airbags. Or more like emergency rafts, that catch you and slide you to safety.
>>
>>1793036
The airbags should be on your gear
>>
File: S18 vs V11.jpg (125 KB, 1280x857)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1793036
>"airbags = magic; let's apply magic on EUCs!!"
sounds like 12 years old

motorbike and MTB gear is good enough, as long as you can balance comfortable riding and enough reasonable protection.
I'd say to start with helmet and wrist protection.
- helmet: required, because the very first time you hit your head may be the last one of your life
- wristpads: required, because almost always your hands will hit something. Google for broken wrist and enjoy the horror show.
>>
why does everyone cram over high voltage? Why can ebikes get away with 12kw motors on 72v but somehow we need 132v just for 3000w?
>>
>>1798803
Increasing voltage first is the patrician choice, no idea why 48V hubs are a thing. If they spin too fast from higher voltage wind them down and reduce current.
>>
>>1798907
I mean if we are just using same hubs and smaller wheels so need more voltage to compensate then it's sad, but still works out better.
>>
Also, I've noticed euc advertise max battery voltage a lot as opposed to nominal. Like they would say 20S battery is "84V" and ebike with 20S battery would be considered "72V"
>>
>>1798907
>If they spin too fast from higher voltage wind them down and reduce current.
what did he mean by this.
Also if we're ay 134v why are we still under 4kw of motor power? We could easily be at 6kw
>>
>>1798952
>Also if we're ay 134v why are we still under 4kw of motor power? We could easily be at 6kw
Motor power is nominal thing. Real power is another matter. MSP from 2020 already pulled out 10kW during hard acceleration (by wheelog logs).
>>
>>1798803
Because EUC motors need both torgue at low speed and power at high speed. Also power rating of EUC is just nominal value.
>>
>>1798803
EUC and other eshit are using different power markings.
3kw EUC must be able to deliver 2-3x of that for few tenth of a second to not faceplant you even on a small bump.
10kw ebike is just a battery (or even phase) current multiplied by battery voltage. In other words it a peak power. There is nothing preventing you to push it to the limit.
Low power "250w" ebikes are exeption, those could deliver 500-750w for a few seconds and still be road legal.

>>1798994 Technically it is possible to make bldc motors with higher pole count to use lower voltage and higher currents with similar low end and high speed torque. But it would require higher switching frequencies - more expensive stator materials and controller. Overall efficiency would be lower also.
>>
How do I into EUC?
Which are noob friendly? Anything like MSF basic course exist for them?
>>
>>1789396
Is this a common failure mode?
Like, whenever battery is too low?
>>
>>1799585
Buy EUC, protection (basic Walmart skater wrists and elbow guards are enough for starters) and start training to ride. Basic training is riding with support like hugging wall/fense or using someone shoulder for support, then releasing support and trying to ride some distance without support. In essense close to bicycle training.

>Anything like MSF basic course exist for them?
There are freelance trainers it depends on your area.
>>
>>1799592
it's not common at all. You would have to be a complete idiot ignoring all warnings
>>
>>1799874
>Buy EUC
Should I just yolo and mail order something like V8S/KS-16S/MCM5 from the internets?
I don't think anyone is selling them brick&mortar style here in Salt Lake, at least not bike shops.
>>
>>1800066
>Should I just yolo and mail order something like V8S/KS-16S/MCM5 from the internets?
Yes.
for first wheel choice looking back I highly recommend MCM5 ver 2 800 wh (ver 2 is that comes with 2.5 inch tire, fatter tire smother ride). If it's in your budget. It's the the most loaded "light" wheel on the market. Up to its max speed of 40km/h it matches torque and acceleration of biggest meanest superwheels. So if you want to stay with this wheel it will serve you well. In the future If you will want bigger (you will) mcm5 would serve you fine as smaller second wheel for short rides to the mall when taking out 70 lbs monster is inconvenience . Anything smaller would feel too weak and underpowered after superwheels.
If you are short on budget then get v5f or ks14d with 300-400wh class battery, stay away from smaller(150 wh class wheels), too weak, they are only good for 70 lbs kids.

>I don't think anyone is selling them brick&mortar style here in Salt Lake, at least not bike shops.
That's the pity. EUC may brake. It's either you need to be good with screwdriver (I made my own ebike from parts level) or have store with service in ewsy reach, to solve problems if they arrive (they may). Or rely on luck.
>>
>>1800066
>Should I just yolo and mail order something like V8S/KS-16S/MCM5 from the internets?
fuck no do research and buy from a reputable dealer. Check the OP of /EMC/.
I also don't really recommend small wheels. I started with a ks16x and I with I had spent more money on something faster
>>
Do all those airline regulations that apply to transporting a big scary lithium battery apply to lifepo4?
>>
>>1800205
it's lithium so yes
>>
>>1800252
drats, that would be only one possible use for begode's new non-burning battery
>>
took me an hour and a half to learn to ride half well
struggling on tight turns and dismounting
>>
>>1801348
if you ride everyday you'll be a lot better by the end of the week
>>
>>1801348
Did you learn by yourself or with someone who already knew how to ride it?
>>
>>1801420
yeah can't do it today because work but i'll be on it tomorrow
>>1801536
by myself, watched a 4 minute video, took some of the advice and went about my way
i've got really good balance and core strength though so
>>
I wish there were more than 3 companies make these things. Every other pev has dozens
>>
>>1801601
took a nice tumble on my way to work
my shoes have no grip anymore so it was my fault
tumbled at about 20mph, body hurts, euc operates fine, just needed a horizontal calibration after
>>
New rider, V11 coming on Sunday. Planning to just noodle around in a tennis court to practice mounting and turning. Should I be /reddit/ and wait for my full-face helmet to come next week or just yolo with a bike helmet?
>>
>>1804709
you don't need a helmet for going under 5mph
>>
>>1804712
Good to know, thanks anon
>>
>>1804709
my rule was stick to practicing in a closed area like a parking lot or court without a helmet
after i got a helmet road was free range
>>
what crimes do EUC riders most often commit while riding?
>>
you WILL repair your electric unicycle yourself
>>
File: 88381111_1024x1024.jpg (65 KB, 1000x1000)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1804709
>or just yolo with a bike helmet?
Get skater helmet or BMX helmet.
Bike helmets for riding looking up and aero, poor back of the head coverage, but can't get better because again cyclists ride looking up rear put would stick into the neck. But on EUC you ride straight up it would be no problem.
Full face is cumbersome, you would want to leave it back at home, and best helmet is the one you actually wear.
>>
>>1804817
thanks for this alternate opinion anon, I'll use one of these when I'm learning instead. What speed does a full-face helmet become important at? I probably won't go above 15 mph for a while but I'm nervous about falling on my face if there's an electrical failure
>>
>>1804768
Existing
>>
File: 614k3SK9xpS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (127 KB, 1362x1500)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1804979
>. What speed does a full-face helmet become important at?
Whatever speed you don't feel comfortable to faceplant.
What is absolute must is wrist protectors. 90% of people would instinctively put hands up to cushion the fall. For initial training any would do. For riding are preferable reinforced types that have bigger plate and plate above the hand to prevent wrist from over-bending.
>>
>>1788902
>fast and dangerous: Begode, Veteran, Bull
Are these dangerous because they are fast or for some other reason?
>>
File: url.jpg (65 KB, 800x799)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1805505
>>
>>1805505
There is common belief that Begode (formerly known as Gotway) has worst quality control and reliability design features among all wheels. Also they invest into max speed and power first everything else second. So you don't want blindly trust their EUCs out of the box.

But recently Inmotion and Kingson deliveried loud fails with V12 MOSFETs design failing and S20 burning out of the blue during the ride. So we have now tight contest for the King of chinkshit crown.

Veteran (small team seceded from Begode) basically makes one wheel Veteran Sherman. And honestly it is very good and successful EUC having zero issues. It luckily got everything right from the first try and had no quality problems whatsoever. Though yeah wheel is fast, 80lbs heavy and dangerous because of that. It's micro electric sport bike and should be treated accordingly.

Bull is another small team seceding from Begode that makes only one EUC, functional copy of Veteran Sherman called Bull Commander. Status of Bull is unclear are they independent or just marketing name like Lexus? Anyway everything said about Begode applies to Bull.

BTW did I mention that Kingsong team seceded from Begode too? All Chinese EUC makers started in one shop.
>>
File: 1645558688894.jpg (117 KB, 514x623)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1788902
I want a EUC, but I've spent all my money on food so now I weight 130kg(290 lbs) and only have enough left for a Kingsong 14M. Should I go for it? I'm willing to spend time learning because I'm a neet for the moment.

inb4 just walk fatty
>>
>>1805725
ho dude that wheel is too weak for you. Save up for at least a 16x and loose some damn weight while you're waiting
>>
>>1804768
I blow red lights constantly
also over the speed limit constantly
fuck off cagies
>>
>>1805796
what do you ride?
>>
>>1805823
veteran sherman
thinking about getting the max here in a few months
>>
Got my first EUC (V11) yesterday. Practiced mounting in my apartment while it was raining, then took it out this morning and did 5 miles in a park and some bike paths (10-100 feet at a time at first, then longer distances at the end). I'm blown away by how intuitive this goofy thing actually is.
>>
>>1805796
I have never owned a motor vehicle in my life, mountain bike and folding e-bike here, about to buy a veteran sherman max for myself and a v12 HT for mother and myself to use
>>
>>1805914
Is that upgrade really worth it? I'd wait for whatever they release next
>>
>>1806012
good job anon. It seems like it's almost controlled by your mind. Every time someone learns on a fence they somehow instinctively steer towards it even though they don't know how to ride yet
>>
>>1806030
>Is that upgrade really worth it?
It like fixes only real complain about Sherman?
>>
>>1800279
The other use is the wild torque you can get combined with the C38 motor. I can't over-lean my RS Resolute off the line.
>>
>>1803702
I wish there was a US company to at least design and regulate production for a single brand. Think Future Motion, but not dogshit.
>>
>>1806048
I'm just tired of Chinese cost cutting. I wonder if you could sell a kit without getting into patent issues
>>
>>1806049
What would be in the kit?
>>
>>1806032
I look forward to learning to ride and then enjoying the range and mobility.
I have been talking to some shops and they started me with some youtube channels back in january and sadly no shops even remotely near travel distance for me.
let me know if i am missing any.

chooch tech
Diablo na kółku
E-RIDERZ
Electric Dreams
EUC Chronicles
EUC Serbia
EUC UPGRADES
EUCO - Electric Unicycle Collective
Eunimotion
Ginger On Wheels
Grizzla
Hsiang
INMOTION Global
Jimmy Chang
Kuji Rolls
MADpack
Mike M
Mitch G on wheels
Speedy Feet UK
WheelersPro
Wrong Way!
>>
>>1805796
Red lights are no more than a suggestion sure
Going over the 60kph limit is pretty sketchy. At least on V12.
Cagies are mostly a good fellas. Fuck cub drivers, suv bitches, rental scooters, kids/dogs/bikes on sidewalks.
>>1804768
30+kph on a crowded sidewalks
>>
>>1806051
Basically all the parts to build a euc
>>1806411
Electric Unicycles
That's all I can really think of
>>
>>1806049
Kits ain't gonna work.
What can work (and it works in many places) is l33t custom shop for EUCs. Besides repairs and external upgrades (pads, pedals, changing tiers) it can offer quality control checks and bugs fixing. If you marketing it right.
Or even at the final end making custom Frankenstein wheels.
>>
>>1806528
>Or even at the final end making custom Frankenstein wheels.
First somebody should make a decent programmable EUC controller.
>>
>>1806511
>>1806051
Hub motor, controller, pedal offsets
Bring your own battery, bms, case, tire
>>
>>1806528
what you mean like Hennessy or Callaway for cars? Just take a stock one and customize it like crazy?
>>
>>1806774
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bufX816LO2Y
Though guy is from Ukraine so he is probably dead now.
>>
I am about to own my very first EUC, what techniques and strategy is best for evading the RCMP?
>>
>>1807401
are these illegal in canada?
>>
>>1807404
freedom is illegal in canada, yes.
>>
>>1807412
well either it's like in New York where the cops literally don't give a shit, like England where cops will try to stop you in a busy city and people don't stop and just get away, or they crack down so hard that you have to avoid the cities.
>>
Got my EUC last Sunday and am already putting some miles on it. Started progressing really fast when I hit some curvy bike trails and got more comfortable with sharp turns. Also shifted my feet forward an inch this morning and went from aching calves after a mile to long cruises with no pain.
>>
>>1807553
>Also shifted my feet forward an inch this morning and went from aching calves after a mile to long cruises with no pain.
Oh yes. This is important trick nobody teaches newcomers. Comfortable feet position has very narrow margin. Half inch forward or back and instead of comfort you may have feet hurting. When you found comfortable feet position mark where they stand like remember relative image where you sneakers lace holes are relative to plate edge or something). Or even mark plate with marker.
>>
How easy is it to flash away the speed limit on those unicycles?
>>
>>1808232
if you can't find a correct answer do what i did to my bafang and give it the wrong wheel measurement for the top speed you want.
>>
>>1808232
Generally all EUCs allow changing "speed limits" (pedals tilt up warning) after 5-200 km of mileage.
Some soft speed limits can't be turned off (IE wheel warning beeps), manufi and wheel dependant.
Hard speed limit at free spin speed can't be turned off. (This is the speed wheel spins without any load when you lift and tilt wheel, it's the motors design speed limit).
>>
>>1788912
fpbp
>>
I am noticing that cyclists, and ecyclists, skaters, boarders, onewheelers and other EUC users and I are flowing pretty nicely togather however its not pedestrians but rather people walking to and from their motor vehicles that are causing the greatest grief.
how do i sexually harrass cagies without getting the RCMP involved?
>>
>>1808823
Grab ass and speed away
>>
has anyone ever tried attaching a bicycle cart to an EUC?
something like https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0083JHEG8/ ?
>>
>>1808975
I saw someone in a video with a trailer once upon a time but I'll never find it again. I assume you'll need a universal joint to attach it
>>
>>1809028

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQW7y4uS8Ek
>>
>>1809028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPsJMVXEWGA ?
>>
>>1808823
It’s all about projecting virility anon. Simply being in a cagie’s presence is enough to provoke its feelings of sexual frustration and cause it to lash out.
>>
>>1809083
Jail this guy before he kills his kid
>>
>>1791714
>kindereggs are achkually illegal
kys faggot
>>
Hi guys I’m currently 633kg, looking to get up to the 670kg recommended before giving up on life enough to buy one of these wheels. Tips on what foods to focus on?
>>
>>1788912
umad?
>>
>>1791394
you have an advantage standing taller than any car. You're sort of "above" traffic on something like an EUC anyway
>>
>>1792067
>as an alternative to an escooter for casuals,
Idiot who's never riding an EUC.
>>
>>1806049
>patent issues
chinese don't care anyway, just do it
>>
what would be the most balanced methoid of attaching a bike trailer to a veteran sherman max? some sort of pipe quick release clamp on both rear tubes about the same height as the wheel axel?
>>
>>1811660
I'm not chinese
>>1811898
just stick it to the top roll cage. Remember center of mass is above the wheel when you're on it
>>
I am trying to find a universal ball hitch for bikes, but clearly they are not actually called as such. or do they even exist?
I don't want a spring attachment due to not wanting things to get bound up when the envitiable fall occurs.
>>
boutta upgrade my wheel here soon, don't think i need something extreme, rather, something waterproof out of box and easy to work on, considering the nikola+
>>
>>1812187
how is anything from begode waterproof or easy to work on?
>>
>>1812187
Current batches of Nikola were reported to have good waterproofing from the box (and good design for waterproofing /, clam shells with rubbers seal on smooth edges) and good build quality overall (Nikola definitely is the best Gotway/Begode wheel).

But be aware it comes with problematic lg-m50lt
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/28176-lg-m50lt-why-do-euc-cos-keep-using-this-sub-optimal-cell/
That is not good for high long time loads at all.
>>
opinions on the v12 high torque?
are these nerds being truthful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9V1i31x34 ?
>>
>>1813816
looks pretty good. It's like a newer version of the Kingsong 16x
>>
>>1813816 Looks a little better than regular V12 with proper fets and motorcycle rim. But it is still a tiny wheel not suitable for riding on roads at 50-60kph. I wish it had a proper 18inch wheel.
>>
>>1813858
>But it is still a tiny wheel not suitable for riding on roads at 50-60kph.
If you want to cruise at such speeds only t wheels are suitable Sherman and Monster Pro 24. Only them have enough battery. Others would start throttle back after 20 minutes of teh ride.
>>
>>1814004 Cruising at such speeds for more than 5 minutes is not really necessary for city riding. But the wheel should be stable at such speeds on a non perfect pavement.
What is the point of having 60-70kph top speed and not actually use it?
Good old RS19 is in the same weight/battery/price category but does not have such issue.
>>
>>1788902
why aren't you juggling while riding? it gets boring waiting for you to plant face first into ground.
>>
>>1813858
nah that wheel can handle that speed. It's just not for beginners. There's a video of chooch racing the HS one and the winner riding a Nikola
>>
>>1813030
i'd be using the p42a cells in it not the m50lt
>>
>>1814698
Race was on smooth track though.
>>
so it looks like almost all EUC battery packs are venerable from the sides, would a ski pole be sufficient to pierce most battery packs and cause runaway battery fires?
>>
File: 123123.jpg (53 KB, 1200x900)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1815541
Katana sword would be better.
>>
>>1815541
why do you want to kill people anon?
>>
>>1817093
I am worried about my EUC, I don't want to harm anyone.
My folding ebike was previously assaulted by my neighbour, with a ski pole to my tire with attempts on the battery, that i got on camera thankfully.
The stupid man could do it again.
How would one defend against such assholeishness?
I do not want to necessarily line my EUC with brass plating, that would be heavy.
>>
>>1817516
buy a gun. I'm pretty sure trying to cause an explosion is attempted murder. Talk to a lawyer
>>
>>1817526
I am in Canukistan
Guns are illegal and immoral here, unless you are a criminal, immigrant, minority, politician...
Our resident just did a blanket ban on all handguns.
You know what isn't a firearm?
>>
>>1817646
The get some pepper spray or a taser or something. If you have video of him assaulting you then you should have pressed charges
>>
>>1817657
Sadly not of me, just my bike as it was outside as i had jstu got home and was putting things in the foyer all of 40 seconds is what it took.
Got him in small claims recently
can't wait to see his reaction to my new EUC and drone he bought with his stupidity.
>>
>>1817659
well hopefully he doesn't do something like that again
>>
>>1817659
lmao what was his problem actually? Like what was his perspective
>>
>>1817712
called me a stupid woman and a superspreader because i refused to wear a mask under my bell super DH helmet and 100% OTG goggles every time i went to get groceries or odd things like computer parts or physical games for weeks up to the incident and after.
new neighbour too only been here 3 years came from the downtown core to a retirement community near the edge of the city "to get away from the stress of living downtown".
he doesn't like it when his other neighbours do things either, his other neighbour is my mechanic/electrician/plumber partner in BBQ crimes and has had multiple vehicle projects in his back property and garage.
it is a fact this entire cul-de-sac get along except for him with anyone, it's one way, we try to accommodate and compromise, he calls the cops for the smallest things and has stadium floodlights on motion sensors on all quads on his property that beam though our windows and i can see his hidden'ish cameras with my FLIR one camera pointed at each of our front/side doors.
I am convinced he must have been on some sort of HoA board prior to coming to this HoA free area, very commanding, very demanding, very entitled to never be wrong, very much city folk.
local police station and Fire hall are familiar with them to the point of "not you again"
>>
File: 1624905860505.webm (2.99 MB, 1080x1080)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
they look fun
>>
>>1817715
This video highlighted so many things about EUC. Mainly you ride at your own risk. This guy clearly pushed his wheel beyond its capability and paid for it by not wearing any protective gear. He even could have saved himself the spill had he just leaned back but he was lazy rolling.
>>
>>1817723
they should go like 5mph max, for one thing
>>
>>1817737
i got articulating kneepad's, lazyrolling armoured jacket, modular helmet and motocross anti-hamburgering gloves and i still wont go faster than 35 kph
>>
>>1817737
stop being a baby. The guy admitted it was his fault and he turned off the safety features. It's like downhill mountain biking and not replacing your brake pads. There wouldn't be a bunch of karens trying to limit your bike to 5 mph
>>
>>1817713
make your own microwave bean and aim it him
>>
>>1817737
That would be dumb, though below 5mph EUC is safer than a bike because you can pivot one in place and turn pretty much immediately. But most EUC are good for 30mph and when you see downhill skateboarders they go about the same speed with no brakes often just wearing a helmet and their palm protection. I've bailed many times on many different PEV's at 25mph, it's not as bad as you'd think in fact you often don't even get a scratch. Though that comes with experience.
>>
>>1818148
okay 6mph
>>
>>1818240
maybe you should try riding one before trying to make broad sweeping assertions about the way things should be because quite frankly, you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>1817880
Spoke to my mechanic friend, and wanted to know if you meant a microwave horn gun.
>>
>>1818579
I meant microwave beam. As in a directed energy beam
>>
Incredibly jealous of the suicidal retards who own and ride these things.
t. too afraid of dying to have fun
>>
>>1819317
no need to be suicidal to have fun, enjoy the suffering of living with us.
>>
After a few fun months with V8F i finally fell for a sherman meme. It was pretty dissapointing so far.
It has a very sluggish acceleration and braking. Riding in crowded spaces is exhausting. Jumping is impossible, it could barely climb 3 inch curb. Riding 40-50kph on a perfect wide road is nice, but hitting even a small bump could trow you off. Crosswind is also a problem.
60kg @ 2.5bar
>>
>>1819963
sherman or sherman max?
>>
>>1820012 Original Sherman 2021 with wide rim.
>>
>>1820067
yeah shermax has better power. I think the real point is a high speed cruiser. Hitting bumps is about skill you have to have loose legs. Maybe you'll like the EX20s
>>
>>1817715
did he died?
>>
>>1820553
no he lived and admitted it was his fault
>>
>>1820575
Are there any pics of his injuries?
>>
>>1820581
not that I've seen. He definitely go serious road rash
>>
My veteran sherman max arrived the day before yesterday. and now I need to build a ramp that would allow me to get it back up the ten steps from the basement.
Why did none of you tell me it had turning signals built in?
>>
>>1823352
I've never heard of the sherman having turn signals
>>
>>1823527
it certinly does, when i lean it to turn sharply, it has left and right blinkers on the break light.
had i known that i would not have spent as long as a week debating with myself over which long range EUC to get.
>>
Some V13 info from Inmotion. 140 kph free spin speed!
https://youtu.be/R5NlTqUgU84
>>
Any Aussies here using an EUC to commute? Technically it's illegal since the motors are too powerful but I do see a decent amount of them on the road and cycle paths.
Do you get hassled by the police or do they tend to leave you alone so long as you're not being obnoxious?
>>
>>1826631
This better be good at launch
>>
>>1826631
I have been unironically wondering why Inmotion didn't tease the V13 back in December.
The V12 fiasco was not enough. Did they have problems developing the V13?
Also, their line-up was perfect. V13 had to be a high performance wheel because otherwise it would compete with some other Inmotion model. Why should they ever launch a "V11 killer" or a "V12 killer" wheel?
They literally took advantage of the Kingsong S20 fiasco.
The 2021-2022 riding season sported a number of incremental upgrade wheels.
S20 wasn't a 20" wheel (just like S22 isn't a 22"). And it wasn't a high performance wheel, notwithstanding muh voltage and muh watts. Kingsong kept throttling power. Basically it's an S18 clone with a bit more cells. Funny enough, they released a Molicel version of the S18, sporting basically V10F-class wattage.
They had one job. Double the S18 battery capacity and refine minor problems. An "S18X" sould have been a massive success. They went for the most adventurous and glamorous way. And thus an epic fiasco ensued.
And the Begode Master either comes with Molicel cells (making its battery slightly beefier than a V12) or it's the usual non-exciting easy-to-forget wheel.
Never forget that actual range depends on the battery capacity. No matter what, you're wasting 30 to 40 watt/hour per mile.
So, for the riding season 2022-2023, Inmotion played its trump card. A 22" suspension wheel with a 4500 watts rated motor, 126V (30 cells in series, if the display wasn't a simulation) battery.
Note that the speed becomes red at about 67 kph. Will you have to unlock some "more than 42mph at your own risk"?
They kept talking about safety... while showing 143 kph (88.8 mph) freespin.
You know, freespin doesn't equal riding performances. It only means the axle was aligned enough to not to make vibrations destroy half the lab.
"Safety margins". That's what non-Inmotion wheels lack.
A performance wheel with enough safety margin? Bye bye Begode. Almost a fatal blow for Kingsong.
>>
>>1826816
I agree that inmotion is the only company that has actually built themselves a product line. Too bas they've had all these mosfet issues I would've bought a v12 instead of a 16x.
I wouldn't call the Master forgettable seeing as it's the fastest wheel on the market right now.
I want to see what Veteran makes next
>>
>>1826816
>You know, freespin doesn't equal riding performances.
Actually it does. Free spin speed is speed were power and torque of the motor become near zero
Motor simply can't spin faster its motor design hard max speed cap. (As you need nin zero power to ride practical speed limit is lower, like 80% of the free spin speed). You should understand that power-speed graph of the motor looks like hill. Max is at middle speed, low at slow speed and high speed falling to zero at free spend speed.
>>
>>1826631
OK boys, prepare a good funeral service for Kingsong and Begode.

Supplementary V13 Tease Video is out -- yup, it's a 3024 watt/hours battery with smart BMS and extra safety features:

https://youtu.be/0pON0CH10mA

I'm wondering the battery plan. Apparently it's 30S 6P with 4600mAh rating per cell, and this should rule out Molicel's P42A and P45B.
>>
>>1830146
It's about time. I'm really tired of people buying shitty wheels and them getting slowly fixed from feedback. It's about time that battery percentage is representative of what you actually have left.
The s20 is an absolute abortion and the Master is full of garbage quality as always
>>
>>1830146
How much will it weight? 120 pounds?
>>
File: leak.jpg (100 KB, 1080x865)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Inmotion V13: the Fastest and Ugliest.
>>
>>1830645
ex20s looks worse
>>
>>1788902
Literally just saw some lady zoom by in one of these and they look fucking dorky
>>
>>1830677
She's having more fun than you
>>
>>1830645
Function > form.
Has bumpers ahead of the light, very good. Doesn't have seat riding in stock, and add on seat could be interfering with trolley handle, though need look at seat design.
>>
>>1830830
fair but usually inmotion can make a better looking wheel than this
>>
File: 18650 vs 21700 vs 4680.jpg (87 KB, 1280x710)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>1830830
A seat only makes sense if you mostly ride flat, straight, very long roads.

>>1831344
This.

On its instagram, Inmotion keeps promoting V11 and V12, no matter what. V8F/V8S mentioned from time to time. V10F only mentioned in some random hashtags. And there's a good reason for this: V10F has always been a pretty good lightweight wheel.

V13 just had to be some kind of extreme wheel (starting from the price) so that Inmotion fans keep buying V11/V12 ("duh, I can't shell out five grands for a 120 lbs wheel and accessories").

V8F was bumped to V8S by switching from 18650-type 3200mAh to 21700-type 4970mAh cells (about +50% more watt/hours).

V10F cannot be bumped to V10S: upgrading to 21700's would mean invading V11 territory (because ~1500 watt/hours and way larger output curve, meaning better climbing and less overheat) and better mileage (because lighter 16" and no suspension).

V11 cannot be upgraded without serious battery redesign (84V using the beefiest 21700's out there, there's literally no room for further improvement). V12 cannot be upgraded for the same reasion (100V & beefiest 21700's).

Also, it'll take quite a while to get large scale 4680's availability (Tesla will get them from LG and Panasonic in 2024).
>>
>>1832169
Performance wise 1865>2170>4680
Else is corner cutting.
>>
File: ow.png (325 KB, 728x573)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>1788902
redpill me on onewheel.
I just ordered a pint, what am I in for?
>>
File: backfire-hammer-sledge.jpg (391 KB, 2500x1875)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>1832684
Fun in the local park (and some glamour if locals never saw it), not much more than that.
I wouldn't consider it a PEV, especially if your commuting involves non flat roads or non perfectly paved.

I was planning to buy it as well, to experience something different than an EUC.
Sadly I found the OW is ridden with worse-than-Apple crippling to avoid even the slightest hack.
I'm never in for hacking/upgrading, but I would be quite upset if a small bump made the firmware brick it as a countermeasure to battery fiddling (yes, it happened).
I had my EUC rim serviced with no problems, you need to ship the OW to its manufacturer even for a flat tire. And that's supremely bad.

I'm now considering a 4WD Backfire Hammer Sledge.
>>
>>1832684
Low performance but hopefully you will enjoy it
>>
>>1788902
Absolute cancerous faggotry that needs to be banned.
>>
>>1833859
>>1791723
>>
>>1833885
Ah, I see. You want an echo chamber. Sorry, this is 4chan, not R E D D I T or some other faggoty place like that.
>>
>>1834179
can you shut the fuck up about reddit jesus christ
>>
>>1834179
Lets face it, you have no points and you're not interested in discussion. You're just trolling because you have a poor quality of life
>>
>>1833859
Please explain why you think they should be banned
>>
File: v11 s22.jpg (113 KB, 576x856)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Friendly reminder: 5 days to the official Inmotion V13 announcement.
>>
>>1835363
I really want it to be good bros
>>
File: euc lady.jpg (90 KB, 918x950)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1835370
it will be insanely good.
- more than twice as V11 watt/hours (3024 vs 1500 W/h)
- more than twice as V11 motor power (4500 vs 2200 W)
- expect more than twice as V11 weight (55 vs 27 kg)
- expect more than twice the price tag (4500 vs 2200? ouch!)
>>
>>1788902
>>>/toy/
>>
>>1837064
That's just specs. Could have tons of cutout issues or burst into flames
>>
>>1837073
so spaketh the guy dreaming about buying a Ferrari (a seriously expensive toy)

>>1837171
only if you slap a Begode sticker on it
>>
>>1837456
>only if you slap a Begode sticker on it
>something something 100 volt mosfets on V12
>something something rename S20 to S22
>>
>>1837469
Begode has had the most fires. Not pretending the other brands don't suck because it's all chinkshit but pretending Begode wheels are secretly quality is retarded
>>
we're going live soon boys
>>
>>1837825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsJtNRlhX-Q
>>
>>1837675
True, Begode has bad quality control and bad battery safety design indeed.

But their motherboards have best design and can take most abuse. See Marty hill of death tests. Gotway/Begode always pass them with flying colors when countless other wheels were fried on that hill or went into safety mode.
Also on euc forum one guy made destructive tests of batteries and motherboards simulating blocked motor and shortcuts. Again begode motherboard (Nikola iirc) took shitload of overamps, battery wires solders just melted working as adhoc fuse. Board? Still working. Say hi to V12.

Everyone should make such overbuild boards like begode.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.