[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 103 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: req3ca4gowo81.jpg (398 KB, 1386x1008)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>Here's your bike path bro
What the fuck is wrong with urban architects ?
>>
>>1776252
>hey you, urbanist guy, we need a bike path here so that we can claim we built one
>but sir there's not eno-
>get to work bitch
wa la
>>
but it's AnGuLaR & aEsThEtIc
>>
>>
Make it go up and down as well so it becomes a pump track.
>>
File: 07wuxr6p6hh81.jpg (367 KB, 720x806)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
excellent. well done
>>
>>1776252
git gud
>>
File: absolutebullshit.jpg (58 KB, 500x676)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1776252
Hahaha, that's what you're complaining about. You poor sweet child.
>>
>>1776397
I have a bike lane near my house that's about 20 feet long and the road it's on is flagged as a 30 mph but people go 60 on it.
>>
Traffic Calming features.
>>
File: 2342f552.jpg (63 KB, 728x431)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>1776252
>What the fuck is wrong with urban architects ?
Well, the problem starts earlier in life when they're merely urban scholars...
>>
File: kurzer_Radweg_Ungarn_1-vi.jpg (202 KB, 1400x1050)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>
>>1776252
either nepotism or willful malice from cager urban planners
>>
>>1776431
Calming, like how a high pressure nozzle "calms" the flow of water
>>
>>
File: 1625135415919.jpg (475 KB, 912x684)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
who's in the cage now?
>>
>>1777371
i'd be a happy cager if we had cages like those around here
>>
>>1777371
lmao good grief
>>
File: IMG_0939-1-1280x640.jpg (85 KB, 1280x640)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
>>1777434
That looks fun as fuck
>>
>>1776397
Ireland in a nutshell
>>
>>1777434
Thats halfway top being a bmx track, would ride
>>
>>1777434
>heller everyone, today is gonna be EPIC, becoose
>>
File: SchildaTreppe-vi.jpg (263 KB, 1400x1050)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>
>>1777548
Well of course, that's what those handy tire tracks at either side are for.
>>
old rail trail, or the sign refers to the path on the right
>>
>>1777548
you walk your bike up using the track dummy
>>
>>1776252
just ride on the rest of it. problem solved
>>
>>1777434
lmao what is this? earthquake simulator?
>>
But you didn’t post a bike path. That’s a sidewalk.
>>
>>1777548
Even if the idea was to drag the bike on those tiny ramps, the railings will probably get in the way.
Also, just make a fucking baby stroller ramp, how is this even a new problem.
>>
>>
What the hell is this? Did they have a braindead baby ride a bike then trace the path it made into a bike route?
>>
>>1776252
Use it or lose it, fag. No time for complaining when the next thing you know there is no bike lane.
>>
>>
>>1777896
That looks fun tho, just sprint on the pavement until it ends then send it over that dirt
>>
>>
>>1777987
Better solution than >>1777366
>>
>>
File: Palma_carrilbici-vi.jpg (69 KB, 800x600)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
File: jf_headshot.jpg (6 KB, 160x218)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
HE WARNED YOU BUT YOU HIPPY FUCKS DIDNT LISTEN
>>
>>1776252
>What the fuck is wrong with urban architects ?
They don't face consequences for bad cycle infrastructure design, the faster cyclist will ignore their shitty infrastructure, the granny riding at walking speed is fine and the average cyclist will simple cope, seethe and dilate.
On the other hand when the architect designs wrong the cager infrastructure, the cages start crashing and people die, then some important cager will write some angry letter to the people in charge and the architect will face consequences
>>
>>1778423
>They don't face consequences for bad cycle infrastructure design
This
Every single person responsible for these fucking atrocities should be forced at gunpoint to ride along their abominations every single day. If they have to deviate from their crapfest of a route because they can't plan for shit they are immediately shot.
>>
>>1778423
>the faster cyclist will ignore their shitty infrastructure
A corrupt city planner also is less at risk of facing consequences if the legal code states that bicyclists MUST use it. Because then he can just pull some strings to find out where anyone who complains lives/works, and have orders go out to make sure that law is enforced.

Bike lanes don't enable cyclist freedom, they restrict it.
>>
>>1778440
I don't agree. watch the Netherlands for example.
I think that the problem resides in the [absence of] laws et similia regulating the geometry and other characteristics of the cycle path and/or the lax enforcement of those when approving new projects

Probably a good start would be requiring a design speed of at least 15km/h on secondary urban streets, 20km/h on primary urban streets and 40km/h in rural areas
>>
>>1778471
Netherlands is shit and a confusing mess. John Forester was right in his rants about how people who are insistent on "cycle specific infrastructure" are either
A: People who irrationally hate cars
B: Auto-Industry shills who want to make bikes seem as inconvenient, dangerous and/or crazy to use as possible
or C: Combo of A who ate up the propaganda B put out.
>>
>>1778476
>People who irrationally hate cars
how does one 'irrationally' hate cars
>>
(scratching my head) you want a "bike lane"? but then where would the cars go? what th- you're fucking crazy
>>
>>1778476
>dutch infrastructure
>inconvenient
How?? If you are in a car you've to take long detours meanwhile on a bicycle, and sometimes on 50cc moped, you can take the straight route
>>
File: c00.png (879 KB, 800x800)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>1778471
>I don't agree. watch the Netherlands for
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>1778423
>On the other hand when the architect designs wrong the cager infrastructure, the cages start crashing and people die, then some important cager will write some angry letter to the people in charge and the architect will face consequences
Angry bicycler just making up hypothetical situations with not even anecdotal evidence. Usually it's one of the two combinations:
>we just striped this incorrectly and it's pissing everyone off, here let me just correct that really fast
>this intersection/interchange is dangerous because it was designed decades ago when there was hardly any traffic here
>>
>>1778494
>fuck anybody who uses hypothetical situations. usually, it's (list of hypothetical situations)
>>
>>1778483
The netherlands have roads that make literally no sense - random L bends and other tight corners. The houses are all jammed together. They constantly tear down historic buildings and nice old architecture to put up ugly cheap apartments.
And the nail in the coffin is that the way the residential areas are laid out are pretty much EXACTLY the same as a US subdivision with its hostility to thru-traffic, lack of sensible foot paths, and a complete disregard for the amount of time it takes to leave. The only difference is that the lanes are just smaller and nobody has a yard.

If you ride a bike on the highway in the netherlands you get stopped by the police as well.
>>
>>1778500
Except it's not two hypothetical situations. The state fucked up twice in their operated roads, like removing a turn lane into a neighborhood, or taking out some concrete to make a new rebuild of a ramp less troublesome. If you would like Google Earth before-and-after pictures, I would be happy to provide some.

As for the "intersection/interchange dangerous" rebuild, there are plenty of examples in cities across America. Again, I would be happy to show examples.
>>
>>1776252
>>1776337
>>1777987
Where's the problem? Your bike can't turn?
>>1777548
>he's too weak to lift his bike
>>1776397
It's the thought that counts.
>>
>>1778503
>If you ride a bike on the highway in the netherlands you get stopped by the police as well.
In Europe there are signs prohibiting non motorized traffic and motor vehicles incapable of doing at least 60km/h on motorways/freeways.
Of course the law enforcement will pull you over
>>
File: Pepe park.jpg (80 KB, 640x640)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1777434
Challenge accepted.
>>
File: Trottoirs_612910f704872.jpg (820 KB, 2250x2250)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
>>
>>1778669
In america this is not the case. Europeans are constantly cited as "bike friendly" but americans are the ones using the things as serious long-distance transportation.
>>
>>1779211
>get crushed by a truck turning into a slip lane
>muh... muh... I am le pro cyclist
cope and seethe and dilate.
I think burgers fail to understand that there are always parallel routes to motorways in europe where speed are lower and more comfortable to cycle on, even in absence of dedicated cycle paths.
Even if it was allowed, no one will ever choose to ride on a motorway
>>
File: KyjR4t2.png (227 KB, 534x486)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>1779221
Trucks are easy to see and not get in the way of, you're right to be more wary of them than any other vehicle but realistically it's pretty safe.
>"No one will ever"
>mfw I've done this before

Also I forgot to mention, euros have a severe limit on ebike wattage and speed, because again, your whole shitty continent is hostile to people having real independent means of transport other than cars. If it's not a local ride or for sport, and if you're too poor to afford a car, you're expected to just take public transport and forger that the vast majority of Europe is still only accessible by road or dirt path.
>>
>>1779228
>the vast majority of Europe is still only accessible by road or dirt path.
now, i'm sure you don't literally believe this.
>>
>>1779233
As one example, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté has only a population of under 3 million across the whole of it, only a bit more dense than Washington state or Kentucky.
If you want to restrict it to the dense as fuck, congested Netherlands, Drenthe, Friesland and Zeeland have population densities around Delaware's.
>>
>>1779243
but that wasn't what you said. you weren't talking about Bourgogne-Franche-Comté to begin with, you said 'the vast majority of Europe'. and, well, there's exaggeration, and there's just plain making shit up completely.
>>
>>1779244
The vast majority of Europe is not dense as fuck urban jungle, it's mostly rural.
>>
>>1779248
where are the dirt paths?
>>
>>1779249
Go to google maps and drop in street view in one of those less-dense areas. They're literally all over because it doesn't make sense to spend the money on paving roads that are either too narrow for cars or have too little traffic. Hell even just a few miles outside of dense london there's weird dirt cycle paths and other shit you can travel down.
>>
>>1779251
no, you keep digging. you show me the vast stretches of dirt path across Europe.
>>
File: 1623640691076.png (285 KB, 2230x2048)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>1779228
I don't understand your point lol.
You can cycle on the road.
You can route a travel path by bicycle on the public highway between any two settlements in the European Union (islands via ferry) without any problems.
You can't ride a bicycle or a 50cc moped on the motorway.
You really don't understand the difference between a normal public highway and a motorway??
Or you really believe that it is VERBOTEN to operate a pedal cycle outside built-up areas and bicycle paths??
>euros have a severe limit on ebike wattage and speed
because powerful e-bikes, aka speed-pedelec, are registered as L1e-B mopeds, can travel up to 45km/h and require an AM license to operate on the public highway
>>
>>1779268
meanwhile in America, the 65 mph motorway is a bike route
>>
>>1779316
>"use shoulder"
well is it any wonder amerisharts are always screeching about punctures.
>>
>>
>>1779228
?? the continent of Europe used bicycle as its main independent mode of transport for 100 years
>>
>>1779248
>Europe is not dense as fuck
Really now? Sounds like you have room for more refugees.
NO REFUNDS.
>>
>>1778318
ah, beautiful aberdeen
there really is something about scotland's urban lands that tell you everything about them at a glance
>>
>>1776252
nah they're just doing that squiggly UK bullshit
>>
>>
>>1779316
>Bike hits a rock/pothole
>Fall on the white line
>Gets crushed almost instantly by an 18 wheelers going 110km/h
>Dies

Looks like fun
>>
>>1777777
>>
>>1779932
What the fuck?
>>
>>
>>
>>1779248
Vast majority of human activity happens in urban areas or suburbs.

>>1779251
You have to pretty remote rural areas to find dirt roads. Main roads on rural areas are always paved, roads branching off an leading to a farm or few farms and houses might be dirt roads and those tend to be pretty short as most population even in rural areas tend to live pretty close to local main roads. It has worked that way long before cars or trains and shit existed.

>>1779932
👀
>>
>>1779932
Just teleport, bro
>>
>>1780331
I wonder how they managed to take this picture without hundreds of venezuelans/haitians blocking the way
>>
That doesn't appear to be a bike lane at all, I don't know why OP thinks it is.
>>
>>1779228
>the vast majority of Europe is still only accessible by road or dirt path
>dirt path
>>
File: Ohio-Traffic-Congestion.jpg (620 KB, 1024x687)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
You just don't get it. Anything that doesn't resemble this may as well be a dirt path, with wheel-ruts caused by the carts pulled by the locals' donkeys
>>
The donkey wears a straw hat with holes for its ears btw
>>
>>1780826
Cute
>>
>>1780825
that's literally not even the USA. holy rent free.
>>
>>1780844
i hear tell of 'jokes', where the Absurd, is stated as plain Fact
>>
>>1780846
Hold your tongue! Who taught you that word? Blaspheme!
>>
>>1777371
Mayor:
>Hey I have a friend that's into the metal pipe business, is there something that we can use metal pipes on our city?
Constructions and maintenance department:
>Say no more
>>
>>1780844
💤
i have come for you all
>>
>>1780890
:gay:
>>
>>1776252
blame the councils that won't deviate from standard details. architects and engineers get forced to design like this.
>>
>>1776252
looks pretty fun to ride honestly, less mind-numbing that a straight path
>>
>>1779125
>roadfags scared of a 5cm step
>>
>>1781261
If I wanted to bounce up and down shit all day I'd go mountain biking.
>>
File: 80494278x-vi.jpg (184 KB, 1400x1050)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>
>>1776252
Kek that's from my hometown, I don't know why they did that retarded bike path, the other bike path in the city are good
>>
>>1781260
>based wholesome troll
:pepe:
>>
>>
>>1781650
You can't fool me, that's been painted onto a solid wall, Looney Tunes-style.
>>
>>1781650
To be fair this could be intentional to slow to cyclists entering a low light low visibility situation.

Of course you could just properly light the thing instead but yeah.
>>
>>1781650
I don't mind these when the railings are big enough to get through without dismounting. one on my old commute required you to get off or do a little bunny hop to get through and it's so fucking unneeded. I'm already slowing right down to be able to ride through it. why make me get off
>>
>>1776258
>wa la
>>
File: bike.jpg (57 KB, 700x400)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
See that red lane? There's your bike path bro
>>
>>1777086
this is the result of getting shithole ex-soviet countries into the EU: endless corruption, paid for by the German taxpayers.
>>
>>1781655
Now they just need to put them on the rest of the roads.
>>
What made you think that’s a bike path OP?
>>
File: Untitled 154.jpg (516 KB, 1386x1008)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>1781851
look, a painted bike
like on every single bike path
>>
>>
>>1776431
There was a speed bump installed on a bike path in my city and then removed. Apparently the bikes were going too fast lmao.
>>
>>1782284
there's 30km/h limit on some of nice bike paths nearby
I guess it's a recommendation of minimum avg speed.
>>
File: 29cross600.1.jpg (152 KB, 600x323)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1782203
Still rideable.
>>
>>1782203
there's a wooden ramp connecting the two now
it's still an awful bike path
so much wasted potential
>>
>>1776397
This has to have been built like this to satisfy some local ordinance
>>
>>1781319
Most German picture ever
>>
File: UlstertalRadweg-vi.jpg (253 KB, 1400x1085)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>
I feel like the bike path insanity of North American suburbs never gets talked about on /n/. And let me tell you boys: It's fucking INSANE.
Now I live in AB, Canada so I can't speak for the rest of the country, but since urban planning is basically an exact replica of American designs, I'm confident the same banality is present everywhere else.

The idea of bike paths in the suburbs is simple: They simple replace the normal sidewalk with a straight section of smooth pavement with a dividing line, and call it a a bike lane. Of course since it's basically just a sidewalk, the lane ends at every. single. block. where it intersects a road, so as a biker you are supposed to *technically* dismount and cross the road as a pedestrian. No one does this of course, because it is insane. The problem with not stopping, however, is that it is dangerous as cars don't see you coming when you're in the bike lane due to the bike lane being close to houses and the driver's visibility being obscured.
But it gets better: These suburban bike lanes have a habit of starting and ending at random intervals, and for no apparent reason whatsoever, being replaced by regular sidewalks (which of course you shouldn't be riding on). In the attached picture of a typical suburban intersection you can see how the bike path on the top left ends for no fucking reason whatsoever once you cross the street and turns into regular sidewalk. And again, for no reason whatsoever, starts up on the opposite side of the intersection.
The suburban sidewalks, even if you'd like to ride on them, are not ideal for road bikes due to their very peculiar design. They are made with grooves all over them and are divided into slabs of concrete and they are narrower. A very time-consuming and effort-intensive procedure is required to make them, which leads one to wonder: "Why on Earth don't they just make all the sidewalks of smooth concrete, and they can all double as shared bike/pedestrian lanes?"
>>
>>1782583
2/2

So in the end, the few cyclists that bike through the suburbs end up using the main road exclusively, to the dismay of SUV-driving soccer moms that freak out that the ultra-wide road isn't enough for both of them, and screech about why "you're not using the bike lane".

Yet the city planners circle jerk each other about how "green" and extensive their cycling infrastructure is, as when you look on a map these pathetic excuses for bike lanes are depicted covering hundreds of kilometers in the city.
>>
>>1782583
>>1782584
there is a lot of this nonsense around where i work in sydney. a mixture of normal footpaths horrible for walking let alone cycling with a line drawn on them, randomly switching which side of the street they're on and full of obstacles, and the occasional doorzone painted bike lane. there's a little sharrow area too. we have everything!
whole sutherland shire is bloated car infrastructure that reminds me of all the worst of american urban planning. it sucks to drive and ride a motorbike, is nearly unwalkable, and is exhausting and dangerous to cycle.
>>
>>1782583
>>1782584
In this case I would indeed just end up using the road. But my question would now be, are the roads absolute potholed dirttracks masquerading as roads?
>>
>>1782583
>They are made with grooves all over them
It's called "broom finish" concrete. Anti-slip, for places that get a lot of precip. It's also a very cheap finish.
>divided into slabs
That line is a "contraction joint". Basically a pre-placed crack, to prevent the bulk of the slab from cracking.
>>
File: Verona_Veneto-vi.jpg (306 KB, 800x628)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>
File: Mira Mesa.jpg (272 KB, 1200x675)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
Posting this absurdity here cause the thread I made is gonna get pruned.

Are architects responsible for infrastructure? I thought that was civil engineering or urban planning. So confusing.
>>
>>1783308
Its an american attempt to copy a Dutch residential street. Will it work? No, because there is no enforcement from police and insurance companies. If police automatically suspended licenses for a single accident involving pedestrians or cyclists at the scene and insurance companies blacklisted those drivers for at least a year, we might get real safe streets.
>>
>>1783325
Our traffic courts are a joke. Typically if you bother to show up they just waive the points if you pay a reduced fine. And in my ass brained state in particular the fine for no bike headlight is the same as for a vehicle with faulty headlights. 80 fucking bucks. So glad the cop didnt bother showing up for court.
>>
>>1783331
Yup, thats why drivers are so bad here. No real consequences for hitting people and breaking the law. You'd think insurance companies would be more strict with penalties after accidents.
>>
>>1783308
This isn't even confusing, it an advisory bike lane street. Just move to the side if there is a car coming towards you. People drive like that on NORMAL residential streets anyways.
>>
>>1783331
>my state
here we are again. which state?
>>
File: nosebonk.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>1782304
>>
>>1783396
Fuck no, the car should move out of the way. They can all crawl into their car only center partition and wait like the good cagies they are until the bicycle has passed.
>>
>>1783396
Dude thats a 2 way street with one fucking lane. Think about it. Take as much time as you need.
>>
>>1783403
A state of constant mild disappointment. Not just in myself but in a general sense as well.
>>
>>
>>1782896
Yeah, yeah, I worked in construction too.
The "pre-placed" crack is absolute bullshit and does not work in any way, shape or form, in the real world. I see cracks develop and stretch out for multiple blocks, unobstructed by the retarded joint.
>>
>>1783583
You need expansion and contraction joints in sidewalks
>>
>>1783601
You need expansion and contraction joints in your mom lol
>>
File: Högakustenbron-2.jpg (1.68 MB, 2560x1920)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>1779316
meanwhile in sweden, this 110km/h bridge, with a lot of timber trucks and double decker busses, is a bike route
>>
File: p8040282.jpg (667 KB, 4608x2592)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
>>1783631
the lanes are thinner than normal as a cost saving meassure and the curb is almost none existant
have fun
>>
>>1783634
well fortunately there are two lanes, so vehicles who want to overtake can move to the outside lane. stop whining.
>>
>>1777800
just go under problem solved
>>
>>1777434
holy shit that looks fun
>>
File: IMG_20220314_172033~2.jpg (1.75 MB, 3528x2646)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
here's your bike lane blyat
>>
>>1783583
>Yeah, yeah, I worked in construction too.
Oh, I would never.
Control joints do work as intended, provided they're implemented correctly. But really, I don't ever expect you laborers to get it right.
>>
>>1784026
did you take this pic? I'd love so more
beautifully bleak town
>>
>>
>>1777548
Stair set of doom pilled
>>
>>1780887
This was literally what happened
>>
>>1783651
It's only 2 lanes on the bridge itself
on the land parts it's only 1 lane (cost savings)
>>
>>1778480
Ever been to /n/?
>>
File: Radweg_Pfosten_s-vi.jpg (223 KB, 1050x1400)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
take care
>>
>>1784936
>subhuman losers who couldn't ride this on 23mm tyres exist
>>
>>1784937
wrong
>>
>>1784936
Imagine hitting that at night. Almost just happened to me. Bollard was only at one entrance of the path too, conditioning me to not expect it.
>>
>>1777434
Fuck at that point I would just get off my bike and roll on the floor laughing like a beer on big tits.
>>
File: terrydance.gif (1.13 MB, 640x480)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>>1777800
what is that red or green thing that they usually put on cycle lanes and why does it always peels off
>>
Yeah that really should be a protected bike lane. They need to get rid of the parking and make it a protected bike lane. Fucking cagers ruining infrastructure again.
>>
File: foot braille cracked.jpg (91 KB, 500x281)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1787866
The protective plastic on the foot braille?
>>
>>1783308
A video about this specific install:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeynqnirofE
>>
File: images (7).jpg (10 KB, 195x259)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1787931
he's referring to the lane paint
>>
>>1782583
Man the town I grew up in had miles and miles of smooth asphalt MUPs instead of sidewalks you could get literally anywhere in town on them, they'd often even have underpasses and such through larger streets and went places the roads didn't to give shortcuts between neighborhoods. Also linked up with the massive golf cart path network across the several golf courses there. Didn't even know how nice I had it.
>>
File: Spanien_minipunk_-vi.jpg (414 KB, 1400x1050)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>
>>1783308
they're all involved but if the roads are being adopted the final design will be decided by the local authority. google your area + standard details.
>>
>>1784937
Why would your tire size affect hitting a hard to see pole?
>>
>>1779932
No way are you supposed to dismount to get past that?
>>
>>1787866
the way I see it
red = bike lane intersetc some other (car) traffic / lanes - tells drivers and cyclists to be mindfull
green = fully protected bike lane - safe cycling
>>
>>1776252
>i'm so quirky and modern and unique
>bet you've never seen an architect/urbanist like me
>you don't like it just because you haven't gone to architectural school
>>
File: bikelane1.jpg (594 KB, 2097x1333)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>
>>1776252
Just drive straight as far left as you can.
Why are autists pretending like anyone wants you to weave left and right?
>>
>>1782203
>literally build inside the river bunk
what did they mean by this
>>
>>1781650
>>1781655
Those were probably installed because bicyclists had already hit people inside the tunnel because of low visibility. If you could police yourselves, those wouldn't exist. Yet bicyclists act more entitled and less willing to share the right of way than any cager.
>>
>>1779325
You use the rightmost lane. and then use the shoulder when you're near an exit or entry ramp.
>>
>>1777800
>car
I guess the road is closed for whatever reason, gotta go around or take it on foot
>bicycle
oy vey, this is anudda shoah
>>
File: Arrow_612bbf2e50f07.jpg (1.62 MB, 2399x2399)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>
>>1779211
the Netherlands have separate long-distance cycle paths, why would you need to ride on the highway? Are you simply retarded?
>>
>>1778318
I had to.
>>
File: FDSG1sRWYAUkLYM.jpg (947 KB, 2000x1500)
947 KB
947 KB JPG
>>
>>1795116
What's wrong. Bike on the road where you belong or admit you're a pedestrian and cycle with the people. Simple as
>>
>>1792973
Designed to increase pressure but not velocity
>>
>>1776296
>AnGuLaR & aEsThEtIc
Epic reddit caps.
>>
>>1784513
>>1784936
Those are fine, otherwise you would have cars use them and get stuck where they meet in the middle.
>>
>>1795125
sure, just remove all bike lanes first so that cars stop harassing me for not using them
>>
File: FDNnYUTXIAAScin.jpg (187 KB, 772x1024)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>
>>1778503

Wow you are one stupid cunt that have never been to the Netherlands. We have awesome bike paths here and the most clear nonlethal car highways ever built. There are hardly any random L bent in the whole country, no tight corners. No one is going to base new residential off American design, that is a way to promote car usage, most cities here try to subtile reduce car usage (expect for longer distances).
>>
This whole thread is people talking about places that they never visited.
>>
File: 1560989174790.png (110 KB, 922x988)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>1781830
>>1777086
>based hungol chads get 20 million euro shekels to spend on infrastructure
>build 3m of bike lane and pocket the rest
>>
>>1784026
What's wrong with this? Totally separated from traffic and straight and flat.
>>1784087
What's bleak about it? It looks nice.
>>
File: 499870283.jpg (39 KB, 612x612)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1797864
The left lane is blocked by pottery and furniture, for no reason at all because there is absolutely no reason for the bike lanes to curve towards the rest pocket like it does. Pic is the face of the city maintenance worker who painted that those lanes.
>>
>>1797865
Just by virtue of being separated fully from the roadway, I'd still call this above average bike infrastructure. Though yeah, the one lane being totally blocked is pretty silly.
>>
>>1797873
What really rustles my jimmies is that it's not like some asshole just blocked a bike lane with some stuff. When partitioning the promenade into into a bike path some asshole went out of their way to route the bike lane through the existing rest pocket for no reason other than to be an asshole, when all they had to do was paint the lines straight and that would have been better for everybody.
>>
>>
>>1792973
literally attempted murder
>>
File: file.png (2.13 MB, 1317x853)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>1777440
>>
File: file.png (1.27 MB, 1024x576)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>1800080

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.