[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1621841848418.jpg (199 KB, 1800x1200)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Does a bicycle do anything for your mental wellbeing? Does it motivate you to pack a water bottle and a couple bars and go ride around your town and therefore leaving your home and shell?
>>
>>1751248
>home
yes
>shell
no

Cycling is definitely a great excuse to leave the house. If you find it fun it will help you feel good. But it probably won't make you any better socially.
>>
>>1751248
Yes, most definitely. Not just riding, I've built my current bike myself from frame up and grown so attached to it that even just looking at it puts a smile on my face. Riding it gives double the sense of achievement, both the hard work of pedalling 60+ km and the pride that the bike's still ticking through the kind of abuse I often subject it to. I'll never buy a brand new bike again.
>>
riding a bike always improves my mood, the exercise also helps with expelling any pent up aggression and stress.
>>
Commuting by bicycle, and the occasional longer fitness ride, is good for my physical health and wellbeing, which is good for my mental wellbeing.
>>
>>1751263
Wholesome-
>>
>>1751248
Why would you need to cover your face with a balaclava when it's warm enough to be wet?
>>
>>1751344
It's comfy to wear a balaclava when it's near freezing, especially on windy days, even if you don't strictly need to in those conditions.
>>
100% yes. Anything on 2 wheels is fun as hell. I've ridden bikes scooters mopeds dirt bikes street bikes ebikes and they all provide a thrill that's only experienced on 2 wheels.

Considering selling motorcycle for an e-mountain bike.
>>
>>1751263
Rebuilding an old bike or building something from a frame then riding it is the most satisfying feeling there is
>>
>>1751263
Yeah, servicing or even building a bike from new parts gives a sense of connection to it.
It doesn't always end up perfect, but it's yours and you can always correct it with enough effort
>>
>>1751867
In my experience it needs to be significantly colder than that before the balaclava becomes comfy. As long as I have a cap to cover my ears, and maybe a scarf to prevent the wind from blowing down my collar. I guess the balaclava can serve both those purposes, but covering my face when it's that warm just feels like 'no'.
>>
>>1751263
Yeah, building up a bike from scratch is a wonderful adventure in itself, especially if you have a particular goal in mind and are sourcing the right parts for the job, even finding that one elusive part in great condition for a bargain price is an amazing feeling. And then riding it takes all that to a whole new level. And it's something that is within reach of most people, all you need to start are a few basic tools or access to them, you can pick up what you need as you go and before you know it you have everything required to put a bike together, 2 or 3 builds in and you'll start to become pretty good if you can learn from any mistakes.

Wonderful hobby that is good for mind, body and spirit, and if you are that way inclined it can be quite profitable.
>>
>>1751927
I do agree but you need a very zen mindset to actually enjoy wrenching on bikes
It can be extremely rage inducing if you're outcome focused and don't consider say, stripping a thread, to be fun.
>>
File: witness me.jpg (90 KB, 1146x474)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1751263
may you one day ride to velohalla, shiny and chrome
>>
>>1751248
>Does a bicycle do anything for your mental wellbeing?
absolutely. i used to weigh too much to think i could cycle, lost a lot of weight, started cycling, feel so much better in every way
>Does it motivate you to pack a water bottle and a couple bars and go ride around your town and therefore leaving your home and shell?
not so much. i find it hard to go out just for the sake of going out. often i need to give myself a mission like "ride to the coffee roaster" or something like that
when i do manage to go out for no reason, i do always end up staying out for longer than i planned though. i love riding
>>
>>1751248
It does all of that except motivate you, that's the only bit you have to do yourself
but it's always rewarding when you actually kick yourself in the ass and go for it, I don't think I've ever regretted going on a ride I was doubting to go on.
>>
>>1751248
Not in winter it doesn't.
>>
>>1752234
wrong
>>
i ride mostly to commute but its the only time of day i dont have to listen to others bitch. i, and those around me, have enough issues that throughout my normal day, all i hear is bitching. when i ride my bike i almost always have an audiobook in my ear, but when i dont i try to just enjoy the sounds of nature and take in everything around me. i love purposely taking new ways, or alleys, just cause you never know whats around the corner. i absolutely think its a positive for mental health
>>
>>1751248 No. Its just a cheap and humiliating commute.
>>
File: frog-manchild-roadie.png (73 KB, 1274x1258)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Unless it is shit cold rainy weather that thing just makes me want to ride it.
>>1751263
witness!!!!
>>1752247
>t. Upside-Down Anon
>>1751263
Same thing,
>>
>>1752743
side bag keeps slipping down and bumping into my leg
handle bars too low and long I guess
>>
File: btfo.png (313 KB, 1121x1600)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>
>>1752750
>doesn't want to shove unusually large objects into everyday places
lol cuck dicklet incel
>>
>>1752750
that translation feels awfull
>>
>>1751272
corpus sanum in mentem sanam, the romans/greeks knew this 3000 yrs ago
>>
>>1751868
2 wheels is very funny if you're riding on some POS moped that you're WOT 90% of the time, just gives that extra road sence that you have to presever momentum, it's like riding a bicycle power wise, without getting tired
>>
>>1751263
This guy do not fuck, but he's a jolly lad anyway
>>
>>1751344
For style points
>>
>>1751248
Probably not. Most cyclists I've met were very unhinged and clearly mentally unwell.
>>
>>1751248
Abso-fucking-lutely. This applies to all sports, outdoor activities, exploration etc, and cycling combined all. You also get the additional competition, navigational and building/maintenance aspects if you want it.
>>
>>1751248
yeah of course. I'm one of those faggots that started cycling during 2nd quarantine on a 3rd bike already, in top 3-5% on most leaderboards, a few koms. Haven't done any sports before apart from some running in high school. Too bad discovered cycling only now(i'm 26) really could have helped me through early 20s.
>>
>>1751248
Yes, riding a bike has a somewhat "spiritual" meaning to me, long rides relieve me of anxiety and bring a sense of accomplishment.
Cycling is also the only sport I'm truly passionate about, as before starting it I didn't really do any.
>>
it really hasnt. i guess its enjoyable to be out in the fresh air and exercising, but i mostly bicycle out of necessity because im too much of an anxiety-ridden autistic faggot to drive a car.

i cant bike around just "for fun", i need to have a goal in mind when riding, like it needs to be a transportation-related reason im doing it. otherwise i just feel like the lonely pathetic autistic i am who just bikes around alone because i would be in my room otherwise. i see the happy people out with families and friends and get more sad.
>>
>>1754168
>started cycling during 2nd quarantine
When was that? Like 2 years ago at most?
>on a 3rd bike already
You don't sound mentally well.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.