[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 100 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hyperlooptraffic.webm (1.18 MB, 960x540)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
lol. lmao
>>
What in gods cock? Is that real? Looks unsafe as hell.
>>
>>1748462
Better than nothing. Let's be real this is the closest we will ever get to having actual public transport in Las Vegas
>>
>>1748462
The fuck did you think was going to happen when you force everyone into one lane? This is what you get when you let non-drivers who've never been stuck on a one lane road behind Granny on her way to bingo design infrastructure.
>>
>>1748467
It's real.
It's the Las Vegas Loop.
Elon sold Hyperloop to Richard Branson.

The Las Vegas Loop is a single lane tunnel that runs between 3 stations. Tesla Model Xs run between the 3 stations. Despite being "automated", the cars all feature drivers.
Las Vegas actually built this instead of a light rail subway.
There are no escape routes - you cannot open the doors while the cars in inside the tunnels.
Tesla/Boring Company say they don't need emergency evacuation routes, because allegedly, there will never be an accident, ever.
Fun fact: these tunnels can physically fit a London Underground Deep Level train inside them.
>>
>>1748474
just one more lane. just one more lane will fix it bro i promise
>>
>>1748478
Ideally at least two more.
>>
>>1748476
>Tesla/Boring Company say they don't need emergency evacuation routes

How is that even their decision? Doesn't Burgerlandia have any legislation on this kind of basic shit?
>>
>>1748481
LOLno, it's a free-for all. Regulations only exist after at least 300 people die. Cute idea though.
>>
>>1748481
No, but if you die your family can sue Elon for huge amounts of money
>>
>>1748485
Fox News defense: they knew the risks going in, no reasonable person would have believed this was safe, they were no angel, thousands die in traffic accidents every day why aren't you sad about those as well hmmmm?? i guess public transit just doesn't work and isn't safe... (15 minutes of Ford/Exxon ads)
>>
>>1748486
>my corporate media is better than your corporate media
obsessed

Go look up which party controls Nevada and Vegas.
>>
>>1748491
except, nobody said that lol
>>
...well, *you* did, but why let facts get in the way of a good & angry YOU ARE MY POLITICAL ENEMY NOW, PREPARE TO DIE rant
>>
>>1748481
>Doesn't Burgerlandia have any legislation on this kind of basic shit?
My understanding is that they leaned reeeeeally heavily on 'it's just a prototype' (it's not), 'limited distance between stations' (lol), and 'all the cars will magically & automatically reverse course to safety in case of danger' (lmao)
>>
>>1748481
Optimism! The Power of Positive Thinking! Unlimited upside! Keep moving forward!

How could we get rich and crash the world economy if people had to plan for worst-case scenarios??? Credit-default swaps aren't INSURANCE! They walk like a duck and quack like a duck, but they don't need capital reserves like a duck.
>>
File: 1636116391538.jpg (21 KB, 480x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1748462
>one flat tire
>entire city shuts down
>>
>>1748462
Ameristan is not a country. It is a state of mind.
>>
Why not.... Build a metro?
>>
>>1748472
In what world is a column of Teslas coming through a tube public transport?
>>
>>1748534
In Las Vegas, apparently.
>>
>>1748522
This is America.
>>
>>1748522
>Why not.... Build a metro?
That would be many times more expensive and no private entity is paying for it
>>
>>1748472
Or, and hear me out, you could just drill tunnels for a fucking subway. Or shit, even a real elevated metro and not multiple disjointed monorails would be fine.
>>
>driven by humans
I thought the whole point was it's automated?
>>
File: big head science.jpg (127 KB, 904x1169)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1748462
You now remember the thread where some retard was saying this will have higher capacity than trains.
>>
>>1748478
in this specific case having two lanes would actually be beneficial. one lane here leads to a nightmare scenario of no possible escape. seriously getting creeped out thinking of being stuck in traffic in a fucking tube
>>
>>1748576
>Or, and hear me out, you could just drill tunnels for a fucking subway.
It would cost way more and wouldn't have a company paying for it
>>
>>1748587
In 40 years people are going to urbex "the old Tesla tunnels"
>>
>>1748522
Suburban burgers don't get excited over a new rail line getting proposed and even if they did it's a 10-15 year period before getting it going
>>
wait, this shit actually exists?
>>
>>1748584
Remember that scene from Men in Black where they're driving on the tunnel roof? Well,
>>
>>1748534
Clown world
>>
ITT: bots lmao
>>
>>1748481
the system only exists under a convention center, which is a city-owned corporation subject entirely to nevada and las vegas law. as it does not draw any federal funding, the only person of note who needs to sign off on the thing is the las vegas fire marshal lol
>>
i'm legit amazed, though, that there is no 'DRIVER X PARK HERE' thing. like i cannot believe that the 'stations' are literally just parking lots that the drivers pull into, like its the front of a supermarket or something. watch the guy at 1:02 in the vid indicate in, hesitate, think 'ehhh maybe not' and then pull in front of another vehicle instead. unbelievable.
>>
They should make one direction cycling tunnels and blast 50 km/h air through it so you can effortlessly cruise along at high speed.
>>
>>1748522
Then you won't be able to reasonably price undesirables out of it.
>>
File: 1626061213492.png (240 KB, 669x446)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
I have an amazing idea to increase this Hyperloop system: Tesla could develop a special Tesla with more than the standard 5 seats to transport more passengers at once, they could call it the HyperTesla o Tesla Model HC (for High capacity)
Running those Tesla cars in the tunnels will allow to move more passenger per trip increasing the capacity of the system and removing congestion at the stations.
I'll tweet this to Musk later. After all Hyperloop is all about innovations, no?
>>
>>1748462
What happens if it catches fire in the tunnel?
>>
>>1748739
>sorry sir, your 1993 marin isn't safe for these speeds and can't be used
>>
>>1748774
That's a good idea!
And instead of carrying the batteries on board, the could pipe electricity to them somehow (idk, maybe a wire overhead, or an electric contact/bar underneath)?
>>
>>1748476
>you cannot open the doors while the cars in inside the tunnels
You've got to be kidding. How the fuck was this thing signed off on? This video is claustrophobic af as it is. You couldn't pay me to get in that shit.
>>
File: 1432659206338.jpg (197 KB, 517x768)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>1748610
ALL OF /n/ BTFO
>>
>>1748793
Western oligarchs can get away with anything, up to and including child rape.
>>
>>1748781
you die
>>
File: Alright trek yeah!!.jpg (61 KB, 329x252)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1748739
>>
>>1748774
>>1748787
Also to reduce friction and energy consumption they could put the buses on rail tracks with metal wheels instead of rubber tires.
>>
File: μ.png (58 KB, 1004x1231)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Oh no....
Oh no no no no
Musk bros, how did we miss this 1?
>>
>>1748774
>>1748787
>>1748829
Yes! Yes!
And maybe they could link all the vehicles together to create a single vehicle drove by a single driver!
Truly those Tesla companies have so much potential to revolutionize the transport industry.
Oh boi I am glad in the future!
>>
I just gonna leave this here:
It's glorious.
>>
File: 1634097677232.jpg (48 KB, 1024x1024)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1748834
Wait what, the road surface is steel?
>>
File: 1639500773316.jpg (656 KB, 1125x880)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>1748462
How did no one see this coming? Is this entire project full of yes-men sucking Elon's dick?

It's literally one lane with stops, there will always be traffic, unless you open the door at the stop and kick the passenger out while the car is still moving.
>>
File: embarrassing.png (147 KB, 333x392)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>1748795
>samefagging after no one replied to your bait
>>
File: 1396162136614.jpg (35 KB, 350x350)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>1748852
I understand paid shills, but some of these people are doing it for free
>>
>>1748852
>check his account
>he's still defending it after seeing that video
kek
>>
File: wMsxfXQ.jpg (141 KB, 640x805)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>1748879
If your brain is totally convinced you're the only valid person in the world and is totally incapable of thinking in any other way than the first-person subjective case, it makes complete sense. Obviously a single EV stopping at one point is more efficient than a train stopping at 20 different points on the way if you are the only person in the universe. Sure, the EV would also have to stop 20 different times to reach those different points if you were trying to replace the train with the EV, but you personally don't want to go there, so those points might as well not exist.
>>
>>1748852
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>1748522
Individualism and capitalism
>>
>>1748588
>It would cost way more
the thing is, this is a structrual flaw of the entire boring company tunnel scheme. the tunnels are cheaper **because they are too narrow to be safe**.

it's self-evident from the video, for example, that the vehicle doors cannot open completely inside the tunnel. the thing is, that's pointless anyway as there's nowhere to escape *to* in case of an emergency because there's no safe evacuation route.

like ... this is literally the sort of thing you see at the beginning of disaster movies. this is the part where the arrogant zillionaire says ugghh there won't BE any problems, until his daughter and the retired fire chief end up trapped underground, etc etc.
>>
>>1748462
Lmao, they can't even get FSD working in a TUNNEL. Like they didn't even try to paint the walls with markings the computer would recognize.

Elon Musk is a con artist.
>>
>>1748476
A few things you got wrong:
>There's ONE underground station, in the middle. The two other stations at the end are OUTSIDE.
>You can still open the back of the car if they needed to escape
>It's not "automated" at all. The only thing that could be considered automated is which Tesla you get in, but that's no different than Uber/Lyft or any taxi app.

Boring company has already had other projects cancelled because of this debacle, lmao.
>>
>>1748522
Because the government in the US sucks, and all government projects wind up COSTING more than they will ever recoup in revenue. They also hire dumbass UNION employees, which drives up costs and reduces quality.

The government doesn't think of Mass Transit as TRANSIT: they hijack it as a way to give jobs to their supporters as long as they continue to vote for DEMOCRATS.
>>
>>1748476
> Las Vegas actually built this instead of a light rail subway.
Jesus fuck. If I were a LV citizen I would actually get involved in politics to burn anyone that signed off on this to the fucking ground.
>Fun fact: these tunnels can physically fit a London Underground Deep Level train inside them.
hopefully after the 2-3 figure deathcount nightmare incident happens they can retrofit it into a train somehow.
>>
>>1748587
Long story short I was trapped upside down in a human-sized tube for some time as a kid and the video nearly gave me a panic attack. You could not pay me enough to enter that.
One of those cars is going to do the Tesla bonfire thing and a bunch of people are going to die.
>>
>>1748900
> until his daughter and the retired fire chief end up trapped underground, etc etc.
Thankfully elon practiced selective abortion and had seven sons in a row
>>
>>1748926
government projects don't have to make a revenue. If they want money, they get it from taxes not basic necessities like public transit
>>
>>1748462
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>1748522
can't sell individual cars to people then
>>
>>1748946
Exactly, which is why government transit SUCKs and no taxpayer with a brain votes for projects that can't FUND THEMSELVES.

Look at California's "high speed rail" disaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_High-Speed_Rail

San Francisco spent $500,000,000 on a BUS TERMINAL that will never make any money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transbay_Transit_Center
>>
>>1748955
the government isn't a company, you're arent a customer you're a citizen. you should demand things like these get built
>>
>>1748925
>You can still open the back of the car if they needed to escape
ok, so despite the ferocious lithium fire somewhere ahead of you (obscured by the thick, black, acidic smoke that is rapidly filling the tunnel and replacing the air lost to combustion), you somehow miraculously noclip'd out of the rear of the vehicle. what route are you now taking to a place of safety, and what hazards do you expect to encounter along the way
>>
>>1748967
Duh, all Tesla Models are equipped with Biodefense mode and "Telsa in a Tunnel on Fire Mode"

https://www.currentautomotive.com/how-does-teslas-bioweapon-defense-mode-work/

I was wrong. I would never take a ride on the Las Vegas Loop.
>>
>>1748956
I don't want more taxes, thanks for playing.
>>
>>1748982
Look, if you have a better idea for engineering than "always plan on the best-case scenario and nothing ever going wrong for any reason" I'd like to hear it!
>>
>>1748939
>Long story short I was trapped upside down in a human-sized tube for some time as a kid
Sounds interesting. Mind sharing?
>>
>>1748955
>Exactly, which is why government transit SUCKs and no taxpayer with a brain votes for projects that can't FUND THEMSELVES.

So... nothing?

Government is not a 'for profit' organization. Government is _specifically_ a potluck of sorts set up to provide services which are for the good of the citizen. Military, schools, law enforcement, basic health care, infrastructure and so on.
>>
>>1748986
I have no interest in discussing this topic with a dumb commie who doesn't understand ANYTHING about economics or infrastructure.
>>
>>1748983
If so few people opt for transit that it's not profitable, then it shouldn't be constructed. Use those tax dollars on marketing and building a highly efficient, cheap to run system that not only pays for itself, but the surplus can be used to fund projects that will never take profit.

Just increasing taxes to do anything you want is how you end up like California.
>>
>>1748986
see >>1748990
"Tax and Spend" is not a good system.
>>
The Musk Hole Is Bad
>>
>>1748990
i dont think you know how anything works
>>
>>1748990
>If so few people opt for transit that it's not profitable, then it shouldn't be constructed. Use those tax dollars on marketing and building a highly efficient, cheap to run system that not only pays for itself, but the surplus can be used to fund projects that will never take profit.

Roads are not profitable. Military is not profitable. Schools are not profitable. Nothing government does is profitable. By the very nature of the thing. If 'X' was profitable than someone _would_ build it and make a profit.

>Just increasing taxes to do anything you want is how you end up like California.

Yes. And? This is, essentially, saying that crayons are sexist because you can draw naked women with them.
>>
>>1748999
Right, but a government should be nothing if not running lean, I don't think the government should run a deficit, and if there is such a lack of demand for transit, it shouldn't be built. Save those tax dollars for, as I said before, things that provide essential, if non-monetary benefits, like schools and the military. Everyone draws their line somewhere, I don't want my tax dollars spent on superfluous infrastructure, or impressively expensive socialized healthcare. I would rather be discretionary with my own income, instead of levying much of it to tax, and expecting the government to make those decisions for me. Yes, government is not a business, but it is not a charity either.
>>
>>1749004
>Yes, government is not a business, but it is not a charity either.

Oh. I agree 100%. I'll even push it even further. In the western world the government have, more often then not, into the direction of downright buying people's votes with variety of welfare or pork-barrel projects and this has to stop.
Correction. It will stop, as it is not sustainable. And it's going to be ugly when it does.
However. Keeping it transit related.
There is an issue of failed policies of the past, long term strategies and general understanding what 'charity' means. Take a look at picrel. There are 150-200 cars in there. Actual revenue is generated by five or so trucks there. If this was built for them, than this would be a simple two lane road with level intersection and would yield the same profit. Aussies run an extensive trucking network on dirt roads after all.
In your own words, this is a charity. People who run on those roads are never going to generate enough revenue to keep them in good shape. Whence american "crumbling infrastructure" came from. The solution is simple - denser communities that rely more on public transit. But that would require undoing 50 years of failed policies and the cultural fallout in which "car = freedom" and "tram = n-words".

All'n'all, californian HSR is good project in principle. But its implementation is abysmally poor.
>>
File: roads_dallas.jpg (347 KB, 1300x956)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>1749010
And, of course, i forgot the pic, because reasons.
>>
>>1749010
If we weren't such fucking retards and just adopted the proven best practices of infrastructure construction, maintenance, and transit management from places like Japan, South Korea, the Netherlands, etc. we would been so infinitely better off.
>>
>>1749010
Oh I agree that the picture is woefully fucking retarded. But cities would be better served by transit that fits existing infrastructure, say, busses, or even a little light rail, point being to use the inertia of the automobile to force entreprenuers and agencies to construct low-cost, high profit alternatives to drive development of those systems organically. Something that naturally attracts investment from outside sources, rather than shaking the citizenry down for their pocket money. If you want something to get done, make it earn money. I know roads are huge sinks, that's why I hate them too. A typical North American city road network could be cut drastically and still be fit for purpose, as well as driving up demand, and potential customers, for transit solutions.
>>
>>1749014
Those countries are all far, far denser and more centralized than the US. Intra-city? go for it. Inter-city? Hit the road.
>Japan big
Japan is very centralized.
>>
>>1749018
then just make it 50 japans
>>
>>1748522
Why would you build a metro for a convention center that only operates few times a year? Who would pay a billion+ USD for a metro?
>>
>>1748900
>it's self-evident from the video, for example, that the vehicle doors cannot open completely inside the tunnel.
Dont be fatty and you can get out.
Or car can just back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCb3Q4WjdY
>>
File: 0890.jpg (58 KB, 549x412)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>1995 Baku Metro fire
>The fire, caused by an electrical fault, occurred during the Saturday evening rush hour at about 6:00 p.m. The affected train, consisting of five fully loaded cars, had just left Ulduz station for Nariman Narimanov. The passengers in car number 5 smelled smoke. Later, passengers in car 4 observed white smoke, which soon turned black and caused irritation. The putative electrical malfunction (a sparkover or electric arc in electrical equipment in the rear of the fourth car[2]) stopped the train about 200 meters from Ulduz station. When the train stopped, the tunnel became filled with smoke. The driver reported the incident and demanded that the power be cut. However, lethal emissions of carbon monoxide from the burning synthetic materials in the cars quickly affected the passengers. Because of difficulties opening the doors in one of the cars, the passengers were forced to evacuate through another car. Some 15 minutes after the fire started, the ventilation system was switched to exhaust mode and much of the smoke was drawn in the direction of evacuation. Several people were electrocuted while trying to grasp cables in order to escape the blazing train.[5]

>The majority of those killed (including 28 children[6]) were found inside the train, most of them either crushed or trampled to death.[2] Forty bodies were found inside the tunnel.[2] Survivors recalled sparks flying from high-voltage cables just after the train left the Ulduz station. One of the passengers, Tabil Huseynov, 45, described the situation as follows: "As soon as the train entered the tunnel, I saw a flash. Then the flames enveloped the train car, there was a sound of breaking glass, and the lights went out. People started breaking windows to get out. We were starting to suffocate."[7]

> Morgue officials reportedly counted at least 303 bodies, while the independent Azerbaijani news agency Turan quoted medical officials as saying the number of people killed was 337.
>>
>>1748739
until someone falls and dies and gets run over by bikers who cant stop
>>
>>1749022
>1975 Moorgate tube crash
>43 people died and 74 were injured after a train failed to stop at the line's southern terminus, Moorgate station, and crashed into its end wall. It is considered the worst peacetime accident on the London Underground.
>Platform 9 was 21 metres (70 ft) underground, and fire and ambulance crews had to carry all the equipment they needed through the station and down to the scene of the accident. The depth at which they were operating, and the shielding effect of the soil and concrete, meant their radios could not get through to the surface. Messages and requests for further supplies were passed by runners, which led to mistakes: one doctor requested further supplies of the pain-killing gas Entonox, but by the time the request reached the surface, it had been garbled to "the doctor wants an empty box".[38][39] The fire brigade deployed a small team with "Figaro", an experimental radio system that worked in deep locations.[34] Working conditions for the emergency services became increasingly difficult throughout the day.[34] The crash had thrown soot and dirt into the air from the sand drag, and from between the two metal layers of the tube carriages. Everything was covered with a thick layer of the residue which was easily disturbed.[40] The lamps and cutting gear used by the fire brigade raised the temperature to over 49 °C (120 °F) and oxygen levels began to drop. In the deep lines at Moorgate, ventilation is produced by the piston effect, created by trains forcing air through the tube lines. With services stopped since the crash, no fresh air was reaching platforms 9 and 10.[41] A large electric fan was placed at the top of the escalators in an attempt to remedy the situation, but soot and dirt was disturbed and little draught was created; the machine was soon turned off.
...and that's with an exit to the surface literally right there at the station, and without a lithium fire in the mix as well. God save those in the Muskhole
>>
(the grimmest sentence in the Moorgate article is this btw)
>Tests showed that Newson [the driver believed to be responsible, despite the exact reason he failed to stop being a mystery to this day] had a blood alcohol level of 80 mg/100 ml: the level at which one can be prosecuted for drink-driving, though the alcohol may have been produced by the natural decomposition process over four days at a high temperature.
>>
>>1749022
Mmm asbestos and soviet PVC
>>
>>1749034
There's reasonable evidence (ok literally no evidence) to suggest he wasn't drunk, if that's what you are getting at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMrhVZCUwIc

new captcha a shit

in b4 r*ddit spacing
>>
Why haven't they activated the loop and make it go hyper so they could go really fast? There wouldn't be any traffic jams! Is Tesla getting Fucking tricked? Did Vegas make regulations to lock down Tesla from making the HyperLoop succeed?
>>
File: boringcompany.jpg (83 KB, 1200x800)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
it's got speedbumps
>>
>>1749060
Elon sold Hyperloop to Richard Branson.
It's now called "Virgin Hyperloop", and I wish I was joking.
Elon still owns the """conventional""' loop that's just a single lane car tunnel.
>>
>>1749021
Some people are in wheelchairs retard
>>
>>1748985
We had a long, thin, hollow, cylindrical end table like pic related at home.
For some reason I propped it up upside-down against a couch and slid in head-first (or my brother put me in, can’t remember). My hands were pinned to my sides and it was pitch black. There wasn’t any way to tip it over or get out at all, and I was maybe five, so I just screamed until someone found me. I don’t remember how long I was in or what happened after I got out, but according to family I was inconsolable for hours and wouldn’t go in that room for weeks/months.
>>
>>1749051
>if that's what you are getting at
no, stupid, and if you cared to read the article instead of linking a youtube i'm not going to bother watching, it's clearly that his corpse was sat rotting in the sweltering heat for four fucking days. enough to produce noticeable measurable levels of alcohol in his blood, because the rescue/cleanup teams were simply unable to reach said corpse because of the carnage. because tunnel disasters are a big fucking deal. which is why tunnel safety isnt a pish-posh yawwwwwwn thing.
>>
>>1749116
i chuckled, picturing little legs waving out of the top like some kind of looney tunes character. still, 'primal terror' is a completely understandable reaction from a small child. thanks for sharing
>>
Why dont they have trailers for people... why the fuck is it teslas driving in a tiny tunnel.... Jesus Christ

Just do like some underground ski lift instead
>>
File: PLAYMOBIL-Train-03.jpg (79 KB, 1024x683)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1749124
>>
>>1748462
Hyperloop? More like hyperpoop lmao
>>
>>1749124
Because it’s a scam to sell more Teslas
>>
>>1748781
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>1749166
You're a big guy
>>
>>1749119
I thought you were trying to say he'd been drinking, yes I've read a lot about this, I know he was decomposing for 4 days, no need to be a cunt.

also if you haven't got time for Jago Hazzard I don't know what to say, it's an interesting video, you should watch it.
>>
>>1749171
ok. then, i'm sorry for yelling over such a stupid morbid topic lol.
>>
>>1748522
commies are better at it so just call it bad and never embarass yourself
>>
File: 1639067449048.png (1.32 MB, 1080x2204)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>
File: 1635368350799.jpg (23 KB, 598x574)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1748989
>muh taxation is theft!!!!!
>>
>>1749167
For you.
>>
>>1749018
"American is special bro!"
Yes. Very, very special.
>>
>>1749186
>"America is too big for high speed rail!"
>Interstate highway system exists and is still being built
>>
So roads need regular maintenance, right? And they shut down a lane or two, or may have to reroute the traffic through other roads. But I guess this tunnel will never be closed for maintenance ever
>>
>>1749188
you don't understand bro this is not a normal tunnel, it's elon musk alien technology
>>
>>1749188
>first hyperloop opens
>"only one lane needed!"
>2 years later
>"just one more lane will fix it guys trust me"
>>
>>1749191
lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZaRfNjTPx8
>>
>>1749203
>each passenger needs a driver

The future in motion
>>
Looks like the first time a car clips the side, flips over, and traps some people while they burn to death, they'll close the whole thing
>>
>>1749215
let's just hope we get it on video
>>
>>1749213
Eh, gotta keep trained apes employed somehow.
>>
>>1748522
Because the loop isn't transit. It's a useless Tesla showroom with epic gamer RGB lights for redditors and normies to onions face at. It's insane how there are still people coping and making excuses for this obviously failed project
>>
>>1748982
imo you should think of the de facto mandatory car ownership for life in the united states as a hefty tax on the working class, except the money goes to banks, oil companies and manufacturers rather than to the public coffers
>>
>>1748534
Burgerland
>>
>>1749254
What? Instead of being a huge net drag on public coffers like transit?
Again, thanks for playing.
>>
>>1749158
Good one anon X)))
>>
>>1749259
uh

what
>>
>>1749186
It's literally built different. Other countries are built from the middle out, with a large urban core that serves as an excellent transit hub. The US has a thin outer shell of population density, and scattered pockets within. Decentralized transport solutions, like the highway system, work best.
>>
>>1748982
Enjoy getting an inefficient Tesla show room in your city instead of a functional system then. Things cost money to make, who would've thought
>>
>>1749261
>build transit system
>road network still exists, still have to pay for it
>transit system not profitable, lack of ridership
>people won't vote for higher taxes
>not high enough taxes anyway
>transit systen now runs at massive deficit
>close transit system
Repeat
>>
>>1749267
so you didnt read any of what i said then, and got mad at what you imagine i said instead. ok
>>
>>1749265
Yeah, and I don't benefit from transit, so I don't want to pay for it. Get some marketing dudes to come up with a way to boost ridership to a point where these things actually turn a profit.
>>
>>1749269
You said, "What?"
I clarified.
>>
>>1749271
i think you should read peoples' posts and respond to the things they write using words and sentences, instead of using your stupid performative Thanks For Interacting drama flourishes. i'm happy to chat, but not if you're going to be obnoxious.
>>
>>1749270
>I don't want to pay for it
>advocates paying marketing people instead
>>
>>1749191
I think the pitch is
>cheep boring
>infinite tunnels
>infinite lanes
but I doubt he's solved >cheep boring
>>
>>1749276
he hasn't solved squat
>>
>>1749283
looks like he solved unemployment
>replaces one train driver with 50 tesla drivers
>>
>>1749273
My money doesn't go to the market guys unless I use their service, pal.
>>
>>1749290
right, because the only person working on a train is the conductor
>>
>>1749296
You're insane if you think it takes more staff per passenger to run a metro service than this hypercringe system
>>
>>1749294
>muh economy!

keep enjoying your fake numbers, anon.
>>
>>1749306
nah you're right, I just wanted to point that out
>>
>>1749317
Better than the government stealing it and using it on stuff I'll never use.
>>
>>1749116
>>
File: 71sme.jpg (36 KB, 526x440)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1748462
>Hyyperloop
Still hoping this is a hoax by Musk. The idea is utterly stupid and was only helped by the phobia to public transportation that COVID triggered. Still cannot believe how bureaucrats are buying this shit.
>>
>>1748999
>Roads are not profitable.
Lots of intercity toll roads were built and maintained at a profit in olden times. (Even then, though, the government would mess things up and hand out subsidies or monopolies to some companies, enticing them to reach further than their grasp and fail.)
I think it isn't unreasonable to suggest that even local intracity roads could be maintained at a profit--yes, even in residential areas.

>Schools are not profitable.
Private schools? Universities? Of course they're profitable--if they're run competently.

>Military is not profitable.
People do put a monetary sentimental value on sovereignty/culture/language, you know.
>>
>>1749264
>America is very, very, very special. Like totally special.
>>
>>1749121
>i chuckled, picturing little legs waving out of the top like some kind of looney tunes character.
And then he's removed from the tube and remains cylindrical for a bit before plopping back into his usual shape.
>>
>>1749405
>Lots of intercity toll roads were built and maintained at a profit in olden times.

I see lessons learned from UK railroad privatization were forgotten already?

>>1749405
>Private schools? Universities? Of course they're profitable--if they're run competently.

I see lessons learned from UK railroad privatization were forgotten already?

>>1749405
>People do put a monetary sentimental value on sovereignty/culture/language, you know.

How many tanks and aircraft have you purchased out of sentimental value?
>>
>>1749296
and the only person working on the hyperpoop is the driver
>>
>>1749449
If roads are not profitable then they shouldn't be built.....
>>
File: 1419014233837.jpg (9 KB, 240x240)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1749457
jesus christ, this fucking guy. capitalist brain worms in action, people.
>>
File: lnmuwbknbka81.png (2.59 MB, 1920x1441)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>
>>1749465
kek
>>
File: kek.png (75 KB, 246x138)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>
>>1749807
Ah yes, thunderf zero zero t. A land of contrasts.

DoNotEat1 is very good at actually explaining why it's actually bad.

https://youtu.be/4dn6ZVpJLxs
https://youtu.be/sWvagC5ccyY
>>
>>1749461
>>
Tell me again why Americans wont just build railways?
>>
>>1748472
Did it take any public money? Then it is worse than nothing
>>
>>1749873
it takes more than 4 years
>>
>>1749873
Who's going to pay billions per mile of rails?
Who's going to wait 30 years to build it out?
Who's going pay pay billions a year to maintain it?
Who's going to use it?

Selling your mothers cunt for auction won't pay for it.
>>
>>1749936
i don't know why you're using the 'and WHO's going to PAY for all this' tone. is the message supposed to be 'why even bother doing anything at all'?
>>
>>1749941
The message isn't why. The message is HOW?

How are they supposed to pony up tens of billions of dollars for a project that nobody will use and will take 20-30 years to build?

The Las Vegas Boring Tunnel cost the convention center $50 million dollar for 2 miles of stretch. No other transportation can beat that price / capability. In fact, a competitor did bid for the project. It was a trolly system above ground on a dedicated lane. It was 4x more expensive at 200+ million dollars. It would hog a traffic lane above road so there would be more congestion on roads, it would take years to build out, and since its a single trolley lane, the capacity rate would be really bad and wait times would be extremely long.
>>
>>1749945
Trolley/public transport has a big problem. Covid virus.
>>
>>1749945
>How are they supposed to pony up tens of billions of dollars for a project that nobody will use and will take 20-30 years to build?
assuming facts not in evidence
>>
>>1749945
>since its a single [...] lane, the capacity rate would be really bad and wait times would be extremely long
i don't know if you've watched the video in the op or not, but, i have some bad news
>>
>>1749961
Bad news is 1 minute wait for drop off? Wow what a bad news.

Did your dad rape you as a child?
>>
Wait why are they all driving? I thought the cars would be on some sort of conveyor belt or little platforms. precisely to avoid traffic jams..
>>
>>1748476
Holy shit this is actually real
Americans are the dumbest people in existence
>>
>>1748781
then redditors who havent seen their own penises since freshman year of high school will make suggestions and comments about how you could have survived by digging your way out or blowing on the fire to put it out.
>>
>>1749866
theyre both fine, if you can tolerate the sheer obnoxiousness of theres your problem.
>>
>>1749989
The cars have wheels and they have roads. The jam is caused by poor loading/unloading parking zones. People taking their time slowly at loading /unloading caused the cars to back up. If they increased that parking zone size, it wouldn't have the issue.

Fix is simple, just increase the parking zone.
>>
>>1750032
Fix is simple, make those geriatric fucks load and unload faster depending on wait times
>>
>>1750029
WTYP Podcast is actually quite fun, and I do look forward to each episode.
Liam seems to not contribute too much...
I will say that Alice needs to get off her ass and fucking voice train.

I'm not gonna lie though, Justin is the guy who carries the podcast most of the time.
>>
>>1750032
>People taking their time slowly at loading /unloading caused the cars to back up
>Fix is simple, just increase the parking zone
i don't see how this fix would work. mind expanding on this?
>>
because i don't see how 'more parking', in the loop system, is going to have the desired result of 'less traffic congestion'. if you could clarify how this would work kthx
>>
>>1750066
Cars leave the tunnel to the external parking lot where they unload and load passengers. Increasing the size of the parking lot zone would allow more room for passengers and more car space to navigate. Right now the external parking space is bit small for handling heavy usage. So when parking space is small, slow people cause congestion on the parking space, which leads to cars being backed up near tunnel exit. More open space =more breathing room for passengers to unload so they don't block the cars coming from the tunnel and going into the tunnel.
>>
>>1750081
>just one more lane bro
>>
>>1749945
>The Las Vegas Boring Tunnel cost the convention center $50 million dollar for 2 miles of stretch. No other transportation can beat that price / capability
that's because you're not including the billions in settlements once a bunch of people inevitable choke to death in battery smoke
>>
>>1750096
Why more lane? They just need to increase the loading/unloading zone.

>>1750098
That would still be billion cheaper than alternative.
>>
>>1750096
Nothing to do with lanes, just increasing the parking space.
>>
>>1748462
https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/conventions/ces/boring-co-loop-handles-ces-rush-with-no-hangups-2508434/

Fake news lmao.
>>
>>1748498
>All it takes is 1 (one) caltrop in the right place
>>
>>1750102
Not in the long run
>>
>>1750057
I bounce between Chapo Sneed Hut, TYP and Thunderchrist's Anti Elon Musk Rampage, usually on my commute. I fell behind on The Alice Show a while back so I have a fuckton to listen to now.
>>
>>1750135
Same. But with my HRT on going, I can't as much. anymore. Too many mood swings. How are you handling your transition?
>>
>>1750117
>Fake news
i don't see how this makes the video in the OP fake. mind explaining?
>>
>>1750081
by this logic, would increasing the size of subway or light-rail stations make loading/unloading of passengers faster? or is it just restricted to the loop?
>>
>>1750387
It's restricted to the particular offramp loading /unloading of passengers in loop. The one with the slight delay was where the parking lot was small. Parking lot designs are made by the respective destination owners in a loop. Boring Company just digs tunnels with lane. So it can do any number of hypothetical pph, but if the loading zones are clogged because it's smaller/busier than anticipated, traffic backs up.

Trains/subways don't operate this way. They arrive one at a time and load/unload at a certain time. Boring Tunnel concepts has multiple concurrent cars going in/loading/unloading/waiting/etc at the same time. Parking lot/loading zone design is the main concern
>>
>>1750390
>Trains/subways don't operate this way. They arrive one at a time and load/unload at a certain time.
putting aside heavy-rail stations, which of course have multiple platforms to increase their capacity, allow for through-running etc (analogous to multiple tunnels, i'd imagine) - subway trains arrive one at a time, and tesla vehicles arrive one at a time as well.

like it seems to me you're on the verge of an epiphany - what if we made the cars larger and able to carry more passengers at a time, and what if we made the doors larger so more people could get on and off at a time, even while carrying luggage, and so on.
>>
like if we're comparing loading/unloading times, 'stepping into a subway car while dragging your wheely case' vs. 'lifting wheely case into the rear of the vehicle, then walking to the car door & opening the car door & fastening seatbelts' etc etc...

even if you outsource luggage duties to the driver (lol) it'll make no difference because either way *someone* will be holding up the process.

so, i think that simply increasing the size of the station won't have any noticeable affect. boring more tunnels would probably increase capacity, so more vehicles could arrive and depart at once, but then it's like, why are you hammering cars to fit into a subway-shaped hole, pardon the pun.
>>
>>1750396
Cars are 3-4 passengers because groups of people travel with friends and family that sized. It's not meant to be ridden with random. You book one car with app, it picks you up and goes to your destination.

If you make a custom car, it would cost more to build/acquire the car, the system would cost more, and be underutilized even more, unless you want to force people to be with randos. This is a rapid personal transport operating like an Uber service and travels from point to point. It's not meant to stop somewhere else to drop off another and then drop you off few more stops later. It's supposed to go direct to destination.
>>
>>1750399
>think that simply increasing the size of the station won't have any noticeable affect
Imagine an infinitely large parking size. Do you think there would be a traffic back up scenario with 70 cars? Even if all the 70 cars were to exit the tunnel at the same time, there would never be in any life time, in any scenario be any sort of traffic jam leading back into the tunnel.

Its entirely a parking/loading/unloading of passenger issue.
>>
>>1750400
all of the points you raise are quite valid, but still beg the question 'so why the hell are they using the cars in this way, when they are clearly unsuited for the job'0

like you can't have both your own personal nobody-else-allowed bubble AND have the same throughput/capacity as your average subway station, because those goals are in direct competition with each other. mass transit is engineered to move millions of people per day from a single location to somewhere else, whereas in the OP video the station is clearly choking on the six(?) cars i count in the video, including the one 'we're' riding in.

like in a frictionless vacuum with perfectly-efficient riders and vehicles, making the station infinitely larger would probably solve the throughput issue. however, that'd probably result in the stations being larger inside than the tunnels, which is ridiculous. you've solved the 'how to get people into cars speedily' problem, without considering how it affects the rest of the system, or even if the system is now fit for purpose anyway.
>>
>>1750416
>why the hell are they using the cars in this way, when they are clearly unsuited for the job'0
Two questions really.

Cars exist and cheapy.
Cars work fine.

Wanting a specialized vehicle for mass public transport may be required for future projects (assuming future of humanity is Muslim/Brown where family sizes are are 2-3x the size of avg American family), but for now, its working fine.
>>
>>1750387
>by this logic, would increasing the size of subway or light-rail stations make loading/unloading of passengers faster? or is it just restricted to the loop?
There's a thing that exists called "Spanish Solution".
It's so called because it supposedly originated in Barcelona, on the Metro Line 1.
Stations feature 2 platforms either side of the train. One platform is dedicated to boarding, and the other platform is dedicated to alighting.
This means that when the train stops and the doors on both sides open, passengers can simultaneously get on and off, meaning that trains have shorter dwell time. At peak times, this allows for very high capacity service and high frequency services.

What the loop is, is just a taxi service with single lane tunnels. You have the same issues as a taxi when boarding and disembarking, and you're limited to the same kinds of issues with loading luggage or even just making everything fit.
Taxis at least have a reason for existing - they go point to point, and are useful for either late night travel or tourists who have no fucking clue how to navigate a city.
The loop is just putting taxis underground. There's nothing revolutionary, it's just... oversold.
Each "station" is just a glorified taxi rank.
>>
>>1750474
>there is nothing revolutionary
Ofcourse, its just a small scale loop with 3 stops for a private venture. Revolutions don't happen with 1.7 mile tunnels. It happens with 100+ miles of tunnels.

I've never seen a coherent argument for an alternative that is cheaper or cost same, builds fast like them and has high capacity. Only teardowns because something isn't perfect, therefore its bad.
>>
>earthquake happens
>debris falls and blocks exits
>debris falls on electric car causing it to catch fire/explode
>>
>>1750517
>earthquake happens
>buildings collapse
>kills millions of people

>meanwhile in tunnel
>nothing happens because tunnels underground dont feel the tip of the wave
>>
>>1749176
>>
>>1749004
>I don't think the government should run a deficit,
Why? Government needs credit too, and national debt is something every government has required since the late 1600s. Having debt is what allowed the British to not only match, but even outspend much larger European nations, such as France.
>>
File: 1633588367564.jpg (128 KB, 1200x675)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>1750527
yes i too can nitpick as well
>>
>>1749176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKN1LzVakA
>>
>>1750477
Nobody solved "traffic" by building another lane.
The Loop isn't public transport. It's a glorified taxi service.
>>
>>1750098
>that's because you're not including the billions in settlements once a bunch of people inevitable choke to death in battery smoke
Where are the billions of settlements here and ban of teh funiculars?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaprun_disaster
>>
>>1750546
>use of an unsafe heater
Yeah, no that heater was already banned, no one checked.
>>
>>1750550
You didn't answer the questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGYTAQxwHy8
>>
>>1750527
you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette
>>
>>1749014
As other anon mentioned, those are tiny countries with no Federal autism like the US.
Granted, Switzerland is also a very Federalized country, but it's very tiny too, even by European standards.
>>
File: Untitled.png (30 KB, 603x397)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>can transport up to 4400 people per hour
>ride time 2 minutes
>average wait time 15 seconds
but yeah keep cherry picking viral videos of anomalies
>>
>>1748522
Americans have no control over what their government does
>>
>>1750559
>ferrying about 100 people for less than a mile all coming from the same point A going to the same point B
>somehow proof that this is a solution to mass transit problems
begone shill
>>
>>1750567
>thing does well what it is intended to do
>"well yeah but it doesn't do this other thing"
hurr durr
>>
>>1750569
it is intended to solve traffic problem in entire cities and so far the only thing it does well is manage to create traffic jams with less than 10 vehicles
>>
>>1750575
I will gladly admit that Elon exaggerated the ambitions of this project but the fact is they had specific targets that they managed to reach. Don't believe everything you hear on Youtube.
>>
>>1750567
100K attended the convention center
>>
Let's play "Are you smarter than Las Vegas' transportation committee?!"

-4 busses with employees working every day for 24 hour service around the complex, and surrounding area.
COST: ~ 1-1.5 million dollars

- A small trolley with passenger boxes following it that drives around the complex.
COST: 80K-100K

- 8 Televators in the complex to speed up people's walking traffic.
COST: ~200K-300K

- Small tunnel with RGB lights that takes longer to use than walking around the complex.
COST: 55 million.

Which one do YOU pick, anon?
>>
>>1750656
the one that makes the news and attracts more tourists
>>
>>1750689
Ah, yes. Spending 55 million to make 9 million. Very good sir.
>>
>>1750656
The ones that are real bidders vs fake bidders. What you're suggesting is making up a fake estimate from a fake company with fake products with fake bidding. If you honestly bid that for Las Vegas Convention center, you'd be jailed for fraud.

Only one bid for it. It was $200+ million dollar for trolley above ground.

National average for any sort of tunnel is ~$500 million - $3 billion per mile.
>>
>>1750698
>Public sector literally sits there and waits for bids instead of seeking out deals

I weep for the taxpayer.
>>
>>1750703
If you have something that are better than Boring Tunnel with a real company with real product, you're free to submit a bid to any project in the US.

Unsolicited projects can happen when value proposition is better than doing nothing. In the case of Boring Company, convention center wanted a viable travel system for their buildings. They sought out bids from people. Two bids were officially submitted. Boring Company bid 50 million dollars. An alternative company bid 200 million dollars.

In this case, the tax payers saved $150 million dollars.
>>
>>1750656
>that takes longer to use than walking around the complex
Going around the convention center takes ~40 minutes if you walk. Or 2-3 minutes if you take the tunnel. If its an extremely busy day, maybe extra minute for delays.

40 minutes walking in either summer heat or winter weather is not something people enjoy doing.
>>
>>1750706
>They sought out bids from people
If you have to sit there and wait for people to get back to you on a quote with 'their ideas' it's going to be way too expensive for your needs.

>>1750708
wrong. guy literally walks to the other centre via skywalk while his gf takes the tunnel. He wins.
https://youtu.be/mrU-xviRtNM?t=517
>>
>>1750709
>gf

That's a man
>>
>>1750709
>nooo you can't seek bids from people
>nooo why dont they seek bids from people
>>
>>1750717
You go to a store with the consideration that you might want a new vacuum cleaner, the guy says "I have 2 vacuums. This is one is 600 dollars, the other is 1000 dollars."

Do you:
A. Look elsewhere?
B. Decide maybe you don't need a new vacuum cleaner?
C. Buy the less expensive vacuum cleaner saying "wow I just saved 400 dollars!"?
>>
>>1750720
>A
Look around for few months, if nothing else shows up, choose the 250 vacuum cleaner instead of the 1000. Then say "wow I just saved $750" on my vacuum cleaner and I can have it now instead of in 3-4 years.
>>
>>1750722
Then replace it in a year because you bought a pile of dogshit
>>
>>1750145
im not transitioning to anything, although finalizing my a&p cert does make me feel like im losing my mind.
>>
>>1750695
sure, if you don't factor in all the other millions that people who come to see this shit bring
>>
>>1750765
>it's bad because my feelings about Elon Musk
>>
>>1750843
Who said anything about your god emperor Musk?
Fucking tesla cultists, I swear.
>>
"
>>1750848
In the minds of a hater, everything is about Musk. And such your post proves it. You may deny it, but you're obsessed with Musk
>>
>>1750577
>specific targets they managed to reach
>aforementioned target: "can a car carry people in a tunnel? if yes then :D , if no then D: "
>even now its failing to do even that due to jams and the resulting long wait times
victory
>>
>>1748956
"Built" in the US means "The initial budget went to a contractor owned by a senator's close family member and the project is stalled until we triple the budget"
We're in a joke country
>>
>>1749354
fuck this is also usually what i think about
wonder how that other rescue guy got out
>>
>>1748481
simpsonsmonorail.jpg
>>
File: bus.jpg (660 KB, 1488x2520)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
>>
>>1748481
Its a decision the company and the fire department came up with
>>
File: Noa gasp.png (9 KB, 64x64)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>1748852
Please tell me this is a fucking joke.
Is he actually shilling loops on plebbit for free? No wonder Tesla is making money, you got people like this working for Tesla without being an employee and behind absolutely fine with the idea. He probably went far enough to award himself a Tesla too, for being the Boring Companys Employee of the month.
>>
>>1750542
That's a toll plaza, just look at the width of the opposite carriageway in comparison. The traffic jam can easily be solved if the government paid for the road with taxes instead.
>>
File: 895789.jpg (201 KB, 822x603)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>1751267
>The traffic jam can easily be solved if they build 200 lanes toll gate extension
fixed
>>
>>1748955
>Two steel beams cracked
>Better shut down this $2 billion terminal for an entire year

Meanwhile in Japan highways that get yeeted by earthquakes are rebuilt in under three months. California is retarded. Government projects + excessive regulation + labor unions = massive delays that destroy our country.
>>
>>1748834
Wait wait wait, you're telling me we could reduce friction by a factor of 148 by just putting water on the tracks? Why aren't we doing this already?

Also, synovial fluid is apparently a non-Newtonian fluid. Would it be possible to keep it in a solid state by a constant application of force, make sleds with runners of synovial fluid and ride them on cartilage tracks?
>>
>>1751221
non critical ppl are like this because they want their tulpa of the future vision to be real so god damn hard they disregard reality complety.

the term pink glasses comes to mind.

NPCs deserve to be deleted
>>
>>1751492
what if we bored a tunnel, and pumped water through the tunnel, and everyone held onto plastic inflatable rings in the tunnel (plastic rings float, i checked, something to do with the air inside), and they travelled through the tunnel that way
>>
Pneumatic tube transport is the only way. Futurama was right
>>
>>1748476
lmao
You just know this isn't going to go anywhere and it'll just shutdown in a couple of years
>>
>>1748522
Anon... this is the same country that thought you could make a road out of solar panels with a glass surface on top.
>>
>>1748476
>these tunnels can physically fit a London Underground Deep Level train inside them
But can you fit an American inside a London Underground Deep Level?
>>
>>1748462
i dont know if someone brought this up already because i'm not reading the entire thread, but wouldn't it better and more efficient to just have some sort of train you park all the cars on and then that just goes through? avoids the traffic jams, plus all the cars arent running so you save electricity.
>>
>>1748476
the plan is to lift on the elon musk meme hype while it lasts and convert it into proper rail when it has finally died down

its pretty much a massive pr stunt, and its succesful
whether you drink the koolaid or absolutely hate it, youre talking about it, and thats the point
>>
File: 7aA9zO3.png (74 KB, 499x106)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>1752017
>its pretty much a massive pr stunt, and its succesful
>whether you drink the koolaid or absolutely hate it, youre talking about it, and thats the point
>>
>>1748462
>one engine fire
>dozens suffocate
all because americans are afraid of trains
>>
>>1752568
>one train fire
>300 people suffocates
>>1749022
>>
>>1748781
>OH GOD OH FUCK OH GOD
my sides... wtf how how is this allowed
fuck even the possibility of a battery fire what happens when some Aum Shinrikyo motherfuckers try some terrorism out. I don't even understand how this exists in our world without emergency egress
>>
>>1753178
It's much safer comparing to subway where you have 1000 locked in train with 5 people per 1 sq m density.

In boring tunnel people just ride away in cars.
>>
>>1753181
how do you ride away when the car in front of you is on fire?
>>
>>1750057
Alice needs to leave, he contributes fucking nothing
>>
>>1753208
Who do you evacuate from the train if forward car is on fire? You go backwards. With loop tunnel you drive backwards.

Now imagine fun of 1000 people packed like sardines in the can trying to squeeze through single back door of the train while been roasted by fire. How much time do you think 1000 people in panic need to dquueze throgh single door? Imagine the stampede! In Baku 300 hundreds people where literally stomped to death trying to escape. Noice! And then they need to outrun smoke in dark tunnel, running over leg braking sleepers, electrocuted by third rail.

Compare this to just driving backwards.
>>
>>1753239
how do you drive backwards when the car behind you is on fire?
>>
>>1753242
Who do you dismount from the train and evacuate if the back car on fire?
Then you move forward.
>>
>>1753246
already dodging questions? booo, I'm out
>>
>>1753239
>you drive backwards
>imolying there are no cars behind you
There need to be emergency exits in regular intervals in tunnels just for this very situation. You can easily evacuate the train because the signalling system will stop the vehicles behind you. You cannot walk back in a tunnel and not expect the next cager to run you over.
>>
I for one am shocked and appalled that they would build a tourist attraction in Las Vegas!
How could such a town build something for tourist appeal and not practicality?
>>
>>1753254
>imolying there are no cars behind you
They drive backwards too.

>You can easily evacuate the train
Easily? Again How much time do you think 1000 people in panic need to squeeze through single door in the end of the train? It's just to leave immideate vicinity of the fire. And then 1000 people may need to walk 1-2 miles in tunnel over sleepers (and these people not all 20-30 yo healthy male /n/imbies like so much, there can be children, elderly and cripples).

>signalling system will stop the vehicles behind you
Yeah. So people walking through tunnel can be laso bloked by another train!

>You cannot walk back in a tunnel and not expect the next cager to run you over.
Point is in loop passengers don't need to walk in case of the emergency. Cars will drive them back.
>>
File: gamer LEDs needed.jpg (68 KB, 650x389)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>1753256
standards for LV tourist attractions must be pretty dang low
>>
>>1748462
where do you walk if you need to get out?
>>
>>1753389
Why, you simply noclip through the rear of your vehicle, then follow the QTE sequence to parkour over and through the confusing mess of thick black acidic lithium-fire smoke, panicking NPCs, and soon-to-be-abandoned vehicles, of course. This is absolutely not your braincells' final gasp of activity before succumbing to low blood oxygen levels. Everything warm. Fuzzy blanket, cosy. Lay down. Sleep
>>
>>1753328
It has a tiny Eiffel tower and statue of liberty no shit Las Vegas has low standards
>>
>>1753222
If you don't watch the bonus episodes, then maybe I can see why you have that opinion.
>>
File: 1539626626016.gif (1.55 MB, 177x295)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
>>1751900
Yes, but having ten of them board an underground type train would be considered "rush" hour.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.