[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

So why don't you wear a helmet with a visor anons.
>>
I only want to look like a retarded Death Star trooper when I'm doing time trials.
>>
>>1736037
They're always darkened and at least 9/10 of my riding is not, in fact, in strong sunlight during midday hours in the summer. Offer me one with a clear or low-light enhancing tint and I may reconsider

Also, that is a NAKED MAN and it's not a thread about screeching about cagetrolls, so this thread will be deleted soon
>>
>>1736041
They sell different lenses for sunlight, clears, and yellow for low light rides.

>Naked man

Are you a deeply closeted gay guy or something?, i don't have my dick out, settle down.
I go shirtless after bike rides to cool down.

>so this thread will be deleted soon
>Cagetrolls

I have no idea what you're yapping about.
Please enlighten me.
>>
>>1736038
Visor gives you room to wear prescription glasses underneath them.
Pretty practical my dude.
>>
File: 71dXXz0hknL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (123 KB, 1500x1454)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
I value my whole head. Instead trying to just prevent the top of my Skull from cracking.
>>
>>1736037
Why would I?
>>
>>1736064
It's the future ofc!
>>
>>1736075
This in no way answers my question. So my answer to OPs question will have to be "Because I have not reason to."
>>
>>1736037
Lt. Dangle?
>>
>>1736076
It's practical, you can wear prescription glasses behind the visor and there's multiple visors to choose from depending on what you need.
Also more face coverage to repel incoming bugs
>>
>>1736049
I wear contacts and don't look like an idiot.
>>
>>1736082
>on what you need
I don't.
>>
>>1736078
Lmao
>>
>>1736038
I dont see it anon.
>>
>>1736037
I would rather be made stupid than survive being paralyzed from the neck down. Grandfather was a quadriplegic and that gave me a much greater fear of a neck injury than a head injury. Until we get to have a DNR stamp on our IDs like we can have an organ donor stamp I will play the odds.
>>
>>1736105
Could you elaborate?, i genuinely don't understand.
Is the visor helmet dangerous to use?.
>>
>>1736107
Helmets in general. The chances of surviving a severe neck injury go up drastically with a helmet, you are unlikely to survive such an injury without one.
>>
>>1736037
I'm ok with my cheap sunglasses. But I understand the appeal if you need to also wear prescription glasses.
>>
>>1736111
Buy a mips helmet, or get one of those airbag helmets.
>>
>>1736118
Difference is insignificant. I have actually done a fair amount of research into this and gone beyond the marketing and infographics. I certainly increase my chances for a life changing head injury, but the risk is worth it for me, paralyzed from the neck down is a bleak existence. If things change and we get ability to encode a DNR into the magnetic strip on our ID (nearly effortless and almost free to do) I will start wearing a helmet the day my new ID arrives, but the desire to do so is tiny because there is no money in it.
>>
File: 1630015487343.jpg (61 KB, 625x625)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1736037
If I lived in some fascist hellhole that forced me to wear helmets I might.

>>1736111
someone post the webm
>>
>>1736129
>ability to encode a DNR into the magnetic strip on our ID

>"OH GOD THIS GUY'S SKULL'S SPLIT OPEN AND HIS BRAIN'S LEAKING OVER THE STREET, GET THE BANDAGES!"
>"Wait wait wait Dave, we have to find his ID first to see if we're allowed to treat him. Maybe his wallet flew into that bush over there, I'll go search."
Shit like that has to be tattooed on your chest or something.
>>
>>1736184
Or do what sensible motorcycle riders do. Put the medical information on the helmet.
>>
>>1736111
>The chances of surviving a severe neck injury go down drastically with a helmet.

FTFY.
>>
>>1736184
First responders don't really do anything beyond getting you stable enough to get the hospital, they have plenty of time to swipe an ID while in transit.
>>1736185
They are under no obligation to look at your helmet and they are unlikely to do so, if they do they are certainly not going to follow it's medical advice since it is not a legal document.
>>
>>1736047
No the closeted janny was deleting based gay bqgs

I was thinking about getting the giro visor helmet for winter riding because sunglasses mess with my cap, what’s your honest review?
>>
>>1736191
Paramedics definitely do look at your helmet and bring it to the er.
>>
>>1736209
>bqgs

I have no idea what that hip sounding word means but i nod in agreement.

My honest review of the model that i have:
Slight pressure on the forehead as i have a big o'l noggin and i went for their biggest size helmet lmao. (This was even after removing the side padding as instructed in the manual)
Also i am not confident that the visor won't snap if i remove it with one hand as the magnets are pretty strong.
(But maybe you can drag them off sideways instead of lifting them outwards like i did)
Good adjustability on chinstrap, rear, and as i said you can remove two pads on the inside to give the sides of your head more room.
Also like the rounded design with small vents.
>>
>>1736037
i do it, i have an aero track bike so the aesthetic is arguably not even out of place for it. i'm not a group riding roadie so i don't give a fuck about the social aspect. road cycling glasses and lycra outfits look weird to the general population as well anyway. the benefit of having a visor is that you can wear prescription glasses underneath, it blocks the wind which improves comfort especially in cold weather and some of them shield your ears as well which protects against the cold and wind noise. people don't talk about wind noise a lot but especially with my genetics i get annoying wind noise just when walking sometimes and the wind noise when riding fast flares up my tinnitus. it seems to affect everyone but most normies don't seem to be aware of it since they perceive the world through a lot of filters and cope.
https://www.noisyplanet.nidcd.nih.gov/have-you-heard/wind-noise-can-contribute-to-noise-Induced-hearing-loss-in-cyclists

the drawback is that they can be more expensive than most helmets, heavier and less ventilated (but less ventilated is fine in colder climates or on shorter rides). and a lot of the older ones look goofy but i've seen normies wearing goofy looking helmets as well like an elderly couple on ebikes wearing military green urban/mtb style helmets. but no one gives that much of a fuck about other people, haters are immature and projecting their own insecurities like if they hate on expensive bikes they probably wish they could afford them or if they hate on lycra they wish they could wear it themselves. the newer aero helmets are usually a bit more tastefully designed with shorter tails and less obnoxious branding and color schemes.
>>
>>1736516
also an aero helmet saves you a lot of watts compared to most other cycling upgrades
>>
>>1736037
I considered it, but it seems wasteful to get redundant visors when replacing the helmet every 3 years. I'd rather keep the same shades while replacing just the helmet sans visor.
>>
File: 1637850925129.webm (2.88 MB, 1222x680)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>1736047
>cagetrolls
>>
>>1736516
>improves comfort especially in cold weather
I've been considering getting a full face version for this benefit. I normally ride with just a cap and thin nomex face wrap in cold weather, but a helmet and shield might be comfier when it's below freezing and snow/ice is enough of a concern to warrant a styrofoam hat.
>>
File: vizorx-3.jpg (190 KB, 750x500)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>1736650
Forgot pic
>>
>>1736651
That looks terrible. Looks like it's going to mist up immediately.
>>
File: winter.jpg (204 KB, 1200x1200)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>1736650
Skiing helmet + goggles or integrated better. Plain cycling visor will fog up. Skii goggles will have coatings, dual layers and seal to keep breath out.

In addition decend ski helmet will have adjustable ventilation, removable ear pads and more cover to back of head. Makes for cleaner setup without need for extra skull caps etc.
>>
>>1736667
the solution to a visor misting up is quite simple, go faster
>>
>>1736591
I imagine the cyclist just shrugging at the weirdo and keeping riding on the side of the road like a true chap.
>>
>>1739589
>like a true chap
Just cowardly ignorance. The car driver is obviously mentally ill and danger to others. He should've stopped to capture the number plate, driver and call the police. Or just the plate as bare minimum.
>>
>>1736667
not sure about that particular helmet since it's a really big visor without visible vents but there are ways to mitigate it like with anti-fog treatments for motorcycle helmet visors or with a face mask that directs your breath downwards
>>
File: grinderGoggles.jpg (8 KB, 300x176)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1736037
I was all ready to buy these grinding-tinted safety goggles to help me ride into the sun but then I realized that it's way safer to just avoid riding into the sun.

When it gets really cold, I wear ordinary chemistry-lab anti-splash safety goggles. I lick them first to prevent fogging.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.