[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 53d.png (2.54 MB, 1280x853)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
Anyone else absolutely hate these? They engage in grand abuse of public space and are always blocking your path. They also look like literal trash. My once idyllic hometown looks like a fucking dump now thanks to these. There are probably thousands of them around here and I can't destroy them all myself. So, what can one man do to rid us of this scourge? Nothing, except to spread the word.

The ideal solution would be to wipe the software on these just by walking past them so they're unusable, or hacking them so they're free to use and you can't pay of them. Thought I think you'd have to disassemble them to do that and that takes too long.
>>
Don't do that anon.

They're useful for getting around your city by using what appears to be an axle with an obvious hex bolt which secures the wheel on.

Also they're indestructable, you see that hinge on the steerer which is impervious to rain and probably quick setting resin?

Also they're very safe with that rear stamp brake which couldn't possibly get something stuck in there immobilizing the scooter.

Leave them alone.
>>
I hate them too, so much. swarms of idiots flying around and nearly knocking me off my bike, no safety gear mandated, no age restrictions and too much power. they should be walking pace with a helmet for the disabled and elderly or regulated
>>
remember people riding them are having fun
people having fun in public is a good thing
>>
>>1735951
I find it fun to do burnouts in my car in public its also dangerous and anti social and leaves the area looking like shit
>>
I use them to quickly get to the station from my university, saved me countless times.

Don't see the problem, I was actually expecting to have bad experience with careless people when they first appeared, but so far so good. They don't bother me at all when I'm walking.
>>
>>1735945
they take up all the bike parking despite not needing to be parked anywhere in particular
have to toss them aside to park my bike, i do it in the most unceremoneous fashion possible just to send a message. it's a jackpot if i manage to knock over a whole line of scooters and they all start blaring thief sirens while i go into the venue laughing my ass off at the bastard pieces of shit that someone's gotta clean up.
>>
>>1735954
>Don't see the problem
Because many of these are dockless, which means these shits just get dumped out the back of an E350 one night all over the sidewalk.
Returners do the same, dockless or not.

That's not taking into account the unfamiliar aspect. Most people don't ride these a ton. (If you did without buying your own, youre also retarded, we can stop here), so you've got cagers out of their cage, unfamiliar with how to ride in the street/sidewalk at a clip.
Fucking get em out of here
>>
I don’t have any problem with them. People are still figuring out how to incorporate them into transportation networks but truthfully the biggest nuisance in cities is still cars. We could take a fraction of the space we devote to cars and give it to other things and there’d be no problem.
>>
>>1735961
>That's not taking into account the unfamiliar aspect. Most people don't ride these a ton. (If you did without buying your own, youre also retarded, we can stop here)
lmao
You're retarded if you think an average person can't drive a fucking scooter without instructions. Maybe you're talking from your own experience?
>>
>>1735966
>idiotic anti car ideologue injects his teenage opinions into a non car related discussion
oh hey its every thread on /n/ you deserve the new janny
>>
>>1735977
Increasingly sure it is the new janny, they never do shit about this reeee suburbs and boomers spam, but any discussion about bikes gets a nuke and a ban. There is no way it's a coincidence
>>
>>1735974
They think they can ride it because it's easy to start, and then just plow straight into you at 20 km/h because they don't know their limits and can't do emergency maneuvers at all, so they just hold on and hope you're an average obese citizen that will soften their blow with their blubber and not a bony grandma who'll get an open fracture that'll then proceed to impale you in the stomach.
>>
>>1735981
*impale them in the stomach.
>>
>>1735980
posting the stupid anti car stuff as if they've never had a job? I don't think it's the janny - he has a job. he's a janitor. it must pay at least a reasonable rate or he wouldn't do it.
>>
>>1735974
Hey, bud, simple fact that 'oh shit i am scared' response and the 'go fast twister' have your hands going the same way is a fucking problem.
Then the scooter goes out from under their feet, but they still try and hold on, and....oh boy
Bud, I don't know where you live but I know where I live, and where I live has to deal with this kinda bulshit. The docked CitiBikes are bad efuckingnough.

Stay home.
>>
File: L.jpg (113 KB, 750x920)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>1735986
>Amerilards need tutoring to ride a scooter
sasuga
stay away from calling others retarded, not everyone posting here is a dumb burger
>>
>>1735985
It's an "urbanist" in some yuppified north brooklyn bubble, he doesn't need a job, that's for cagetrolls and boomers. His doctor parents in ohio will take care of his living expenses while he occasionally "works" by trying to promote his coffee shop altcoin on social media
>>
>>1735994
I'm a leftist, I hate America, we're retarded, but you can't just give people the benefit of the the doubt when it comes to *their* skill level and *your* safety.
Understand it's probably a bit of an observation bias, but if you know how to ride a bicycle or scooter in traffic safely, you'd probably have one of your own, ya know.

Just leaves the reatards, yes
>>
I’ve ridden them in several cities and never had a problem. For getting around my city I prefer the bike or train though.
>>
>>1735945
Oh boy wait until you hear about the automobile, you'll have an aneurysm.
>>
>>1735945
They're a complete eyesore. Just knock them over.
>>
>>1735945
They're great, best way to get around a new city as a tourist. Seethe more fatty.
>>
>>1735945
>10 scooters don't even take up the space of a single car parking spot
>GRAND ABUSE OF PUBLIC SPACE
retard
>>
>>1735945
Anything that leads to less cagers is a good thing
>>
>>1735954
All the same shit around escooters was the same response Boris bikes got when they were new. Yes for the first year you will have some inexperienced retards but it will resolve itself once they get experience.
>>
>>1736295
These aren't used to replace car trips, but to replace walking.
>>
>>1736274
Cars have designated parking areas, these scooters litter the grass and sidewalks.
>>
>>1736316
Put them into car parking spots then, you can stack like 40 in one spot and anger only a single cager as a result.
>>
>>1735945
As somebody who has his own scooter I hate those because they allow idiots to ride scooters, and thus run over some 80 year old grandma, and get entire shit banned.
>>
File: scooter parking.jpg (125 KB, 1200x800)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1736316
so just give them designated parking areas then, problem solved
>>
>>1736335
>impling riding an e-scooter is some elite skill
You're just seething because you have to carry yours around everywhere while I can just leave the rental on the street.
>>
>>1736338
Yes, that would solve most the the problems with them. We had them last year but they were just optional, now they didn't even bother.
>>
>>1735945
I'm curious as to what sort of "rendition bag" would work best so they can be taken away for disassembly and not be able to phone home about it. Once inside my shipping container they definitely can't phone home.
I see them as a nice supply of lithium cells and motors.
>>
>>1736339
>impling riding an e-scooter is some elite skill
Riding anything two-wheeled is hard and requires skill.
Have you ever seen normies ride bicycle? Now imagine same retards riding escooter, which has tiny wheels, center of gravity that moves all over the place, and a fucking motor. Doesn't matter it has speed limit, or power limit, it is still way too much people can handle.
Most people don't even know you steer in the opposite direction first.

I don't pretend i know how to ride 2 wheeled (actually i dont know).
>>
>>1735945
they are not bad, but they need specific places for parking, maybe next to public benches, somewhere where it wouldnt ruin their utility, but also wouldnt be an eyesore.
>>
>>1736339
It's not the skill, really, it's the attitude and situational awareness.
Someone who's taken their own scooter on their personal commute every day for years is going to behave a LOT different in traffic then some tourist/rich idiots out looking for a laugh.

I don't want to share the road with the latter
>>
>>1735945
Most problems are with idiotic people, not scooters. E.g. around here even the drivers are decent. But there are kid gangs that will go around at night throwing the scooter on streets or in middle of bake lanes.
>>
I've seen these around town. Everyone hates them.

As a tourist in a foreign country? These are an ABSOLUTE blast and loads of fun. Oh my god it was so much fun. If I ever vacation again it will be in a place with those scooters.
>>
>>1735996
>I'm a leftist
>we're retarded
pottery
>>
>>1735945
>Simple and convenient solution for last-mile public transport finally available
>/n/fags complain because... it uses sidewalk space?
So do your shitty bus stops retards, no one complains about those

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.