[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HONEYBEES!.png (298 KB, 865x586)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
Its a good day /n/ bros. Just like a cop, our final goal of putting ourselves out of a job has come. Blow up the bridges, close all the roads. Now the average person can live anywhere! Huzzah!

WE ARE ALL GONNA BECOME HONEYBEES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhREYOK0oo
>>
I want one. What does it cost, what permits do I need and where am I allowed to fly it. I live nowhere near a desert.
>>
>>1730223
Kek, I just know the next stop is going to be one-use drones that will lift someone over the border for 3km.
No safety regulations or anything, just the cheapest battery with a propellor engine you can hang onto, will be a few hundred dollars.

It will revolutionize the refugee market.
>>
What's the failsafe?

Fixed wing glides and proper helicopters auto rotate.
>>
>>1730252
Go away.
>>
File: 1606312167522.jpg (20 KB, 474x283)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1730248
Nah, that's way too much effort for any scumbag trafficker, especially these days when they don't even pretend to try to stop you and then hand you a check for a half million dollars for your troubles once you get here.
>>
>>1730245
its Aussie. I think they said 80K US. Even if its decked like an actual drone, at hovercar levels, and still restricted to highway lanes just above, so it can leapfrog over traffic, it still fixes everything.
>>1730252
Selling enough to make a class action cost effective is the failsafe.

>>1730248
The fact that I haven't seen one with a handle as a single person lift for precisely that reason, shocks me. If only for special forces. But yes "The Coyote" drone, I can see it now. 100$ a pop for a lift.

>>1730259
True. Cannons first.
>>
>>1730252
make it fail rarely enough that the lawsuits don't eat all your profit and nobody can go after you as an electoral campaign selling point.
>>
>>1730261
Depends on which border, for the u.s. you don't need it. But if you look at the stuff that is going on in poland/belarus right now. Just pop a few one-use drones and you get everyone across the border in all directions.
Can't shoot them down because 'muh human rights/ poor people just looking for better lives', impossible to physically stop.
>>
>>1730281
*auto guns online*
>>
"You Can Now Buy A Flying Car That Looks Like A Star Wars Spacecraft

Forget Elon Musk's Tesla Cyberquad ATV because there's a new form of transportation for the offroad enthusiast now available, and it looks like something out of Star Wars.

Sweden's Jetson Aero has begun manufacturing a personal electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft that will zip around the skies at 63 mph.

The Jetson One eVTOL is an octocopter with four arms that produce 88 kW (118 horsepower) at full throttle. The pilot sits in an aluminum/carbon fiber frame and controls the craft via a throttle lever on the left, a joystick on the right, and a pair of pedals, likely controlling yaw.

According to vehicle car website Autoevolution, "the company [Jetson Aero] said that you can easily climb as high as 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) with Jetson One." So far, videos only show the eVTOL moving at high rates of speed at low altitudes.

Someone who weighs roughly 187 pounds can expect 15-20 minutes of flight time before the batteries need a recharge.

New Atlas noted the eVTOL comes 50% built, and presumably, owners will have to assemble the rest. For that reason, the craft will likely fly under "experimental" where pilots don't need a license to fly.

As for price, a $22k deposit will give someone the right to reserve a build slot for 2023. There are only three left. Production in 2022, a total of 12, has already been secured from people worldwide, including a few in California.

Personal eVTOLs appear to be the next big trend in transportation that will revolutionize how people (rich people) travel and commute or spend their leisure time. "
>>
REEE GET A REAL PLANE CHEATER
>>
File: absurd.jpg (72 KB, 735x413)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>1730288
>>
It's all fun and games until the FAA changes their mind
>>
>>1730294
They can just deck or geocage it. If it only goes to 30 feet, while the FAA go after forklift drivers too?
>>
>>1730223
imagine how loud that fucker is, or how loud it would be if this was the main mode of communte
>>1730261
>The fact that I haven't seen one with a handle as a single person lift for precisely that reason, shocks me. If only for special forces. But yes "The Coyote" drone, I can see it now. 100$ a pop for a lift.
million dollar idea
>>
>>1730248
>revolutionize the refugee market
laughs in swedish
>>
>>1730223
> Just like a cop, our final goal of putting ourselves out of a job has come.
Clearance rate for crimes is absurdly low and most psychopaths and sociopaths get away with everything. Even if cops worked, this would never happen.

> Blow up the bridges, close all the roads. Now the average person can live anywhere! Huzzah!
Heavy cargo, retard.
>>
>>1730248
a simple plane would be easier, especially in places like mexico-us border where you have desert on both sides where you can take off and land easily. make it remote-controlled via those fpv drone kits so you can carry more peeps and you're golden.
>>
>>1730291
Jiminy
>>
>>1730223
neat
>>
>>1730291
I trust this one way more than the any overized quadcopter
that thing can at least glide
>>
>>1730223
Wow you're slow on this one OP i saw this weeks ago
>>
File: ehang-184-ces-2016-3.jpg (156 KB, 782x436)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Also for me it's still the eHang

Right now they're working on flying ambulances, just like my cyberbunk 2077 trauma teams
>>
>>1730287
Unfathomably based
>>
>>1730640
>sociopaths
Single instance, yes. On a long enough timeline, they get caught. 1 in 10000 is terrible odds. Plus: cameras.

>retard
With nano tech coming on, you will be able to program anything out of the ground, faggot.

>>1730702
Parachute. Lower altitudes, airbags.

>>1730880
Look at it up there just mocking that road. Smug bastard. But where is the wind in your air? I don't see the appeal. And Oi, fuck of my patent.
>>
>>1730893
Parachutes require minimum safe altitudes.

Airbags would be way too exciting.
>>
>>1730961
....that is why I said airbags. They worked on Mars. Unless you got some vicious gas for your drop like Master Chief, time to STFU, cause this is happening. Grandma's shattered spine for not.
>>
File: hair clipper.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUEduhzB4pk
>for all mankind

Helping dickheads live remotely is the next moonshot
>>
>>1730974
>cause this is happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBKr8YLuVgs
>>
>/n/, and Californian hippies hate cars and wanna save the world
>also want this abomination to take off
Jesus
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (61 KB, 1280x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1731026
>/n/ is one person
get your balls checked anyhow
>>
>>1731038
How did he license this from MGS3?
>>
>>1730702
> trust this one way more than the any overized quadcopter
This is actually octacopter. It has double set of propellers and engines on each leg. For redundancy reasons. In case of shingle engine failure it still can continue flight and make emergency landing.
>>
>>1731198
How many batteries?
>>
>>1731198
How does that work? 4 pulling up, and 4 firing down? Aren't the bottom 4 lost in turbulence always?
>>
>>1731198
Then the chinesium batteries and electronics fail.
>>
>>1730991
I don't understand, what is their product supposed to be? they have no info on their website. Are we just looking at renders?
>>
>>1731441
>For all humankind
......HOW FUCKING DARE YOU QUESTION THIS!
>>
>>1731444
and the kid was like 17 when he started this, what the fuck?
>>
>>1731445
explains teh platitude forward marketing. "we are teenagers" .webm
>>
File: bladewheel.jpg (241 KB, 1208x720)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>
I don't understand the creator of those "hover cars". Do they really think about their concept or do they just go "haha human sized drone go vrr"?

I mean it's obvious there's no way they fit in cities, just imagine these things hovering at 7am in residential areas, it'd be hell.
>>
>>1734957
they're just toys for richfags
>>
>>1730991
well, looks like they have an """update"""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CzrGY22UE4
>>
>>1736027
Yay, a hobby drone with a foamie body. Multirotors don't scale up well. A cardboard box can be made into a cheap drone. This thing needs some real windtunnel and forward flight transition tests to be taken seriously. And I'm still waiting for someone to disregard meme batteries and put a generator onboard.
>>
File: fuck pdfs.png (1.07 MB, 1226x863)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>1730223
i fucking hate normies and their obsession with the manned drone idea
theres several very important reasons why our helicopters are not drones with seats
>quadcopters are extremely inefficient
>they cannot autorotate at all
>there is quadruple the failure points
if a single motor fails it will do a flip and crash
if the battery, electronics or whatever fail it will drop like a rock the way normies think helicopters do
a parachute will not save you unless you have decent altitude
if these things become mainstream (which im sure they will because normies are fucking retarded) they WILL kill alot of fucking people and will also fucking suck
why not convert a mosquito to electric like this guy did?
https://youtu.be/rNm_v6LRtSM
itl fly longer on a charge, be 100x more fun to fly, and if any motor or the battery fails it can just autorotate
i bet its cheaper too despite the only advantage quadcopters have is being cheap
>>
>>1730248
simple hang glider with an edf and supine harness, would be dirt cheap and extremely effective for boarder hopping
>>
>>1730284
what the fuck
please leave my site
>>1730291
cricri is based and adorable, one of those in elecric would be fuckin sick
>>1730299
i assume this retarded thing counts as an ultralight
>>1730893
no airbags are saving you from that death trap
>>1731198
well thats something but what if 2 motors fail?
theres alot of scenarios where both the motors on one mast could be be damaged at the same time
also why is this thing not using ducted fans to protect the props, add more efficiency and look cooler?
>>1734957
yeah these things nor delicery drones are happening anywhere near residential areas, i used to have a neighbor with a small racing drone, it was sick but god the noise, even being like 50m away with all my windows closed it was still earpeircing, its not a nice deep noise like a helicopter or plane its like a high pitched screech from those tiny high rpm motors
any quad lifting any substantial weight would be load as shit, louder than even a huge transport helicopter
>>
>>1730223
>>1730245
I think the more important question is, what does it take to build one of these.
Lowkey these would make kino kit-rotorcrafts
>>
>>1738457
it takes fuck all its just a big drone, have fun with you suicide machine
>>
>>1730245
These things are loud as hell and blow shit everywhere just like a helicopter, so I'd reckon they're not anywhere allowed near residential zones

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.