[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it Volvo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10
>>
>>1716517
I do
>>
File: man.jpg (11 KB, 300x168)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Its Man, man.
>>
Which trucking company is great to work for?
>>
Clearly it's this....
>>
>>1716614
KAZ Kolheeda
>>
>>1716517
>>1716575
None of the above.

It's fucking Isuzu. That euro shit is all a headache of plastic oil pumps and injection gear that eats it's self.

And then there's the computers. Computers on computers. Fuck them.
>>
I think it's VOLVO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv7emcs84Y
>>
>>1716517
Scania
>>
There are no trucks better than the one, my Peter Built.
>>
>>1716964
Peterbilt and Kenworth are made by the same Corp. That being said, Peterbilt ftw
>>
>>1716588
Navajo Express
>>
>>1716821
+1 for Scania. Best looking grill of the European trucks I'm familiar with
>>
>>1718806
eurotrucks a shit
>>
>>1719496
Small sleepers for sure but their manueverability can not be beat. They also had synchronized transmissions since the 90s i believe.
>>
>>1718527
Was making a dad joke, but ok.
>>
File: content_img3.jpg (86 KB, 800x451)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1716575
this
Scania's big comfortable V8s are also legendary but MAN just has that something

>>1719496
amerifats please leave
>>
>>1719582
>synchronized transmissions
That was a mistake.
a good thirteen speed with get better fuel economy and last much longer.
The only con is that it takes much more skill to use
>>
bumo
>>
>>1716517
/van dam? more like dam fag
>>
>>1719796
>amerifats please leave
you are on an american board dumbass
>>
File: mack-trucks.jpg (299 KB, 1860x1050)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>1719496
This, Mack Trucks make the best trucks. Europoors could never.
>>
>>1716517
Depends on what you're looking for. For highway muncher nothing beats Kenworth. For shit roads and high altitude, probably Tata because them pajeets know how to make their trucks for their shit roads after all. Hino for generalized 3 to 5 ton hauler while Komatsu for those huge ass dumper you're seeing in coal mines

As for european trucks...I really like Bedford. My grandpa used to own them and it ran up until late 90s when my grandpa died and we sold it to a family member but like other british automotive manufacturers, mismanagement and politicking really killed them
>>
>>1720675
Peterbilt is great off-road.
Lock up both diffs and it's a tank
>>
File: 6nfl3w63-900.jpg (141 KB, 900x900)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Today I will remind them
>>
>>1716575
That is a man
>>
>>1720675
Tata isn't that much more reliable than any old trucks (hell it's basically that. 80s truck tech made in 21st century They didn't even bother to spruce up the interior to make it more modern), but if it does break repairs are easy and could be done on a sets of hand tools
>>
Guys this is an american board . lets keep this discussion to american brands please
>>
>>1720765
???
>>
For light off road work (Alberta oilfield vacuum trucks) I prefer Pete. The cab is reasonably comfortable and reasonably tough. Controls are not abjectly retarded. Looks nice. Other brands can do the job but Pete brings the whole package. For longhaul there's nothing like a Volvo though.
>>
>>1721662
>Alberta oilfield
How is the money up there these days?
Could an american with a CDL A get a visa to work up there for a summer?
>>
This truck has dominated the Indonesian trucking scene for 40 years already. One thing that never change is the yellow color
>>
>>1716614
the one who will survive the apocalypse
>>
>>1722090
Five hundred Canuk-bucks a day, they say. Just gearing up now for a winter drilling season in 'Mac with Suncor, sounds like a bunch of short hole coring work. There's lots of work out there. Feels kinda 'boomy' these days, the sudden high prices might have taken the brass by surprise and now they're scrambling. No idea about license or visa from the South but it's obviously possible.
>>
I work for a medium size USA freight carrier and we recently dumped all our Volvo trucks, they broke down too often and cost more to repair. Volvo’s apparently have a comfortable air ride, but are more mechanically complex (and smaller cab room).

Now our entire fleet is Freightliner. Good but maybe not the best. Peterbuilts are probably the best, from my understanding, but more expensive. You see them more on showtrucks and smaller fleets who don’t have to buy hundreds of trucks.
>>
>>1723016
> As of December 2020, Freightliner is under a court order to improve safety, and was fined $30 million by the NHTSA after an investigation found that Freightliner had failed to recall dozens of known safety defects in its vehicles.[5] In 2019 alone Freightliner was forced to issue safety recalls 24 separate times by the NHTSA, and there have been over 100 recalls total on its flagship truck, the Cascadia. The Judge found that Freightliner had no system in place to track faults, and ordered $5 million of the fine be applied to upgrading outdated paper-based systems and converting to recall software used by other automakers for decades.[6]
> As of May 2021 Freightliner has at least three open investigations against it for electrical issues, including several fires.[7]
Sounds like they just replaced their Volvo trucks with some cheaper trucks.
>>
>>1720675
>Bedford
I think there was a Bedford mini van meme on /o/ a while back. You got it, post it.
>>
File: $_86[1].jpg (115 KB, 1024x837)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1723150
It's just bedford rascal
>>
File: 1634925345600.jpg (632 KB, 1440x1920)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
I'm driving Volvo
top fun

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.