[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: School-Bus-Stopped.jpg (241 KB, 720x479)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
Is this really necessary? School buses don't do this in the UK because children are taught to stop, look and listen for traffic.
>>
Yes. There’s too many cars on American roads and no crosswalks (and American drivers don’t stop for pedestrians at crosswalks, anyways, even though it’s the law, and you have people running red lights because they don’t realize you still need to stop during right on red, like a stop sign, and check for pedestrians and traffic). So you do need to stop all traffic so kids have any opportunity to cross the roads at all.
>>
File: lollypop_lady.jpg (60 KB, 615x409)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
We have basically the same thing in the UK though
>>
>>1714605
We try to teach kids the same here, although I have seen towns have to put up fences in the middle of the road in high immigrant areas because when they have their own neighborhoods they can't seem to into using intersections to cross, and usually there are roads through their hoods that everyone uses to get from one side to the other so they are a traffic safety problem.

I think in the US those stop signs on buses are for the cagers more than the kids, and the cagers still don't know when to properly stop half of the time, or maybe they just don't care because Mr Scheckelsteinburg told them to be at work early that day..
>>
>>1714605
Why are people so eager to let drivers off the hook for everything?
>>
You underestimate the idiocy of American drivers.
>>
>>1714605
Zoomers are legit lobotomized children glued to their tiktok smartphones so even this stop sign isn't gonna be that effective these days
>>
>>1714634
You gigantic pussies talk as if whatever you have in the first world is so utterly terrifying you would rather not go outside. Fucking everyone respects school buses, even in black neighborhoods, because the fines for not doing so are ridiculous and the risk of getting beaten the fuck up by the American police is too much.
Shut the fuck up and come to the third world if you wanna experience what real lawlessness is, you coddled piece of shit. Go cry to your mommy about "muh scary texas traffic".
>>
>>1714663
We were talking about the necessity of bus laws like both ways traffic stopping, and no one brought up Texas, schizo. And you proved the point by saying that they respect the busses because of the fines.
>>
It's the dumbest shit ever. They've adjusted the routes on most buses so that kids never even have to cross the street, but you'll still get a ticket if you don't stop when it has its fucking sign open if you're traveling the opposite direction on a 4 lane divided road.
>>
>>1714663
You're a fucking idiot if you think he's wrong though.

>t. American
>>
In Texas they have roads that people live on where the speed limit is 70 mph. I was driving down there one time and came upon a school bus letting kids off. Pretty wild.
>>
>>1714663
>if you wanna experience what real lawlessness is
Why would anyone wanna do that?
>>
>>1714663
How about you make your own country less lawless Joao/Pedro?
>>
>>1714700
>>1714704
lawlessness does not have to mean warlords
a la Mogadishu '96 or cartels a la Mexico and El Salvador, those are extreme examples of failed states and glownigger influence, there is a lot of middle ground.

t. American who vacations near warzones, the prices are cheap, the service is great and there are no lines at the museums
>>
How do kids use the bus that this would be necessary? Like do they get off the bus, then walk around the front and cross the road while the bus is still stopped?

In other countries they would just wait on the sidewalk for the bus to leave, then cross.
>>
>>1714944
yes. kids board or leave the bus by crossing the road and walking right in front of the bus. there have been several incidents where the bus driver couldn't see a kid over the hood of the bus and run them over. this was part of the reason that flat-fronted buses (think cabover truck) started to be used in some places. usually they just stick picrel on the front of a traditional style bus and hope for the best.
>>
>>1714944
I think that is how it was originally intended.
By the late 90's most bus routes were set up to avoid this though, by only dropping kids off on the correct side of the street.

These days there are probably not very many times when it is needed, maybe some rural areas and late busses (when kids miss their normal bus for whatever reason, there is a secondary school bus 45 mins later that will take kids wherever they need to go, it does not follow a specific route through only one part of town, instead it will go anywhere in town based on which kids take it that day and where they need to go).
>>
>>1714980
>only dropping kids off on the correct side of the street.
My sides. No wonder amerifats are so large they can't even waddle across the street as children.
>>
Those stop signs are a dumb idea. As they condition kids to cross the street when they can't see around a huge obstacle. Plus relying on drivers to pay attention and obey the law is straight up retarded.

My city has a bylaw making it illegal to use them. Children are instructed to wait until the bus leaves if they need to cross.
>>
>>1714979
Do american school buses really come directly to your house like that?
>>
>>1715029
depends on how the neighborhood is set up. when i was growing up, i lived in a small neighborhood, about 30 houses placed evenly on either side of a low speed street - 20mph speed limit, no painted markings or center line. this road was about a mile long and connected to the county route at both ends - 55mph speed limit with regular traffic and some trucks. one of the houses in the middle of my neighborhood was designated as the bus stop, and we all walked there to wait for the bus. larger neighborhoods with multiple roads and more homes had 2-3 designated stops so no one got stuck walking very far for the bus. some kids were unfortunate enough to live right on the county route - no separate street, their driveway went right to the road. for these kids, the bus drove off the road partially into the yard to stop to avoid being at a dead stop on a 55mph road.
>>
Thinking about that hilarious news story from a few years back when some 20-year old girl drove around a bus with the sign out and mowed down three kids from the same family.
>>
>>1715029
like >>1715035 said, it depends, I grew up on a dead end street, it was in a neighborhood with a few dead end streets branching off of one central dead end street, 60-75 houses total for the neighborhood. We had one bus stop for everyone, where the central street met a main road. I was the third house from the end all the way back, maybe 3/10 of a mile or 500 meters from the bus stop, it wasn't that bad of a walk though.

Directly across the street from our bus stop though there were two families that lived right on the main road, and the road was considered too busy for them to cross. They got an extra 15 minutes in the mornings because they had to wait for the bus to come back on their side of the street and stop just for them, but on the way home they had to stay on the bus for an extra 15 minutes.
>>
>>1714663
Unfathomably based.
>>
>>1714676
>We were talking about the necessity of bus laws like both ways traffic stopping
Yeah well it's worked. I'm not arguing that, I'm just calling out the poster who says le american drivers are so le fucking scary and le bad!!! Fuck off you've got one of the most forgiving traffic infrastructures in the entire world, you have no reason to bitch about le idiot drivers.
>no one brought up Texas, schizo.
Well I'm fucking sorry for bringing up one of the most quoted examples of "terrifyingly bad drivers" in America then, faggot. Last time I checked Texas was part of America.
>>
>>1714605
>s this really necessary? School buses don't do this in the UK because children are taught to stop, look and listen for traffic.
The issue isn't school children not looking, it's people doing well over the speed limit running over a kid twice a year and a public that generally acts as if it's an untenable interruption to their day to wait 3 minutes for children to safely cross a street.
>>
>>1714663
Relax, bud. Getting your asshole finger-popped by some narco every other day doesn't magically make kids getting ran over by idiots any less tragic, you're just that much worse off than even bad, and you're not a hardass because you have no choice but to live in absolute fucking hellish conditions while developed nations left that animalistic shit behind for the most part.
Now go make my shoes.
>>
>>1715101
I didn't mention it explicitly but I'm talking about traffic conditions in America vs traffic conditions in the turd world. You people seem to be questioning the effectiveness of a stop sign on a school bus, which to me is more than logical, yet you talk as if it was an incredibly inconvenient punishment brought to you by "idiotic American drivers".
I'm calling you coddled pussies because you're making a deal of a fucking stop sign when in the turd world lanes in roads suddenly disappear without any signaling, and here you are bitching about a fucking sign while we would kill for proper signaling.
>>
>>1715100
>a public that generally acts as if it's an untenable interruption to their day to wait 3 minutes for children to safely cross a street.
You are clueless. 99% of drivers respect school buses and stop and many of the people who blow past them are retards on their phones which is a problem in its own right. Everyone wants kids to get across the street safely; yeah getting stuck behind a school bus sucks but that's how it works and nearly everyone respects it.

>>1715109
Based
>>
>>1715011
It’s literally exactly the opposite here, we basically use the bus as a rolling traffic blockade and the driver isn’t even allowed to shut the red lights off let alone drive away until the child is safely on whichever side of the street their stop is on.
>>
>>1715109
>>1715118
Ok guess the whole world is wrong and America is right again, we just design our bus stops and pedestrian crossings in a safe manner instead but what do we know
>>
Children should never be taught to avoid vehicles. People driving vehicles should yield to all people. It’s not difficult.
>>
I still don’t stop even when the bus driver honks and looks judgingly at me as I drive past. If he dies he dies
>>
>>1714605
Its a good sign, where i live its forbidden to pass a schoolbus at a stop or pass a regular bus signaling it wants to get back into traffic.

Many people forgets that though and a stop sign might work?
>>
>>1715357
>It’s not difficult.
It is very difficult when people behave like the road is their personal playground.
>>
Have you ever hit a fat American child ?
Ones car is completely written off.
>>
>>1714605
>OP doesn't know yet about the swing out arm they put so really dumb kids don't get run over by the bus at it's blind spot.
>>
>>1714605
>Is this really necessary?

yes. people hit kids coming off the bus all the time. Plus it is an ingenious system. When the bus doors are opened the same lever that flips open the doors flips the sign out. So no extra effort.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/px9yt8/school_bus_where_how_many_idiots/
>>
>>1714605
American motorists are completely inbred and stupid, so yes, they're needed
>>
Kids are unpredictable and will jump out into the street. And some drivers are complete fucking selfish cunts
>>
>>1714605
Yes. Americans treat roads like their personal racetrack. The signs are for drivers, not children, dumbfuck.
>>
Kids brains are not fully developed they are impulsive. There is a dash cam footage of a kid almost getting taken out by a transport truck, and guess where it took place? Europe! The same two face Eurotards critcise rednecks giving kids guns, yet they whine about bus stop signs because "why don't they teach the kids to look both ways?". Regulations are written in blood.
>>
Nigger cop gave me a $260 citation for not stopping because I didn't recognize that I needed to stop for a bus on a 3 lane arterial road. What kind of school bus drops off kids to cross 6 lanes of 55mph traffic? Fuck the US.
>>
>>1719961
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>1719961
You should've payed attention in driver's ed, dumbass. You didn't notice all the other cars stopping?
>>
>>1720003
>American drivers ed
Sounds like he was driving on a foreign license.
>>
>>1720006
I have driven in the US on a foreign license and I took the time to read the driver's handbook. No excuses, >>1719961 is a dumb nigger who can't read.
>>
>>1720042
it's a single solitary paragraph and most buses stop on residential streets like any sane bus driver would in which case I would have easily recognized the need to stop from my own experience using the bus. it was right in front of a green light too. go fuck yourself cunt
>>
>>1714627
underrated post
>>
>>1714663
kek thanks for the laugh cunt, stay mad
>>
>>1714663
This post screams "self-hating Brazilian"
As you should though, you fucking sub-human.
>>
>>1724098
How about you recognize the things your country has done right instead of bitching about them?
>>
>>1714605
Getting a driver license in the U.S. is more of a formality. A one time driver test, then after that usually never again. The test barley scrapes the surface of safe and legal driving. Goldberg & Katz Corporation needs more goyim to wage slave and pay income tax = easier driver licenses.
>>
>>1719961
You’re the nigger. Based cop giving you a citation. Learn 2 drive and be a cohesive societal member. You should care about the children.
>>
>>1719961
Next time stop for the school bus. Dont be a fucking tard
>>
>>1714605
Don't underestimate just how unwalkable many places are in the US.
If the kids don't get off an walk across the street right then when the stop sign is indicating, they might not get a chance again until traffic subsides from rush hour after 8:00 PM.
>>
>>1724103
Don't forget all the unlicensed, uninsured, non-fluent illegals driving around in the southwest.
>>
>>1714944
See my comment >>1725879 here.
Some places are real hells.
>>
>>1725881
>Some places are real hells.
China for example
>>
Why do students even need a dedicated school bus to get to the school?
I can understand kindergarten and elementary school students but above a certain age one should be able to get to the school by themself.
>>
>>1725906
How? A lot of schools are built on highways with no crossings or sidewalks whatsoever. Or they’re zoned for schools that require highway transit. Then you have the 20% if students who live 15+ miles away from the schools in cities with no public transportation. You do not understand how poorly walkable the US is. As a kid, you’re under house arrest until you get a driver’s license.
>>
>>1725942
>Then you have the 20% if students who live 15+ miles away from the schools in cities with no public transportation.
Source?

>As a kid, you’re under house arrest until you get a driver’s license.
Nope
>>
File: early.jpg (1.67 MB, 3640x2593)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>1714605
>stop, look and listen for traffic
kidsin,,, thestreet,,?,,?!!!.!!!
,,want cannon to destroyany pedothreat.
>>
>>1725942
>>1725987
yeah, i grew up in the rural deep south, in one of the largest counties in my state. my school was a 30 minute drive in each direction, and thats assuming you are going 60+ the entire time
>>
>>1731342
> in one of the largest counties in my state
Which one?
>>
>>1731358
georgia
>>
>>1731390
Which county
>>
>>1731392
what do you want to know for?
>>
>>1731393
You're a coward just like the rest of them
>>
>>1731398
whats the issue with me asking why you want to know?
>>
>>1731404
just give him your address you pussy
>>
>>1714605
It's intended as an additional layer of caution...an attention getter....we have plenty of distracted drivers here.
>>
>>1714617
Well, if you need fences to stop people hopping over Jersey barriers, it's likely there is a path of desire that could be made concrete. Ya know, it's probably mostly people trying to get to their low paying jobs in the area.

I remember once I was going to a gas station in AR right across the street from me, so I just crossed; the only crosswalks literally a mile and a half in either direction on the corner.
Wasn't dangerous but everyone told me I was an insane asshole and to use the walks that already existed.
Clearly there needed to be one there or it would be used, same for those fences.

Don't build a fence, build a crossing

>>1714663
No one gives a shit about school busses out here including the school bus drivers, what are you talking about ?

>>1725906
Bruh, I was very lucky to walk to school every day but my town was literally a square mile and everyone going to that school lived in town.
Now, even with that small town, school choice might actually have you residing a couple town over or more.

I can't imagine what that would have been like in some Midwest shithole state where they don't even provide you sidewalks.
>>
>>1731579
>Wasn't dangerous but everyone told me I was an insane asshole and to use the walks that already existed.
No they didn't
>>
>>1731584
Yes, they did. They also made fun of me because it was a dry county and I was in there looking for beer.
>>
>>1731772
>Yes, they did.
Nope. You have a victim complex and will find anything that doesn't completely validate your choices to be an offense against you
>>
Completely unneccesary. We don't have them in England. When I go to America I always think WTF is this nonsense. Also why they need special school buses painted a special colour when any bus would do and does in a normal country.
>>
File: 1463685458340.jpg (33 KB, 600x565)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1731839
>ingerland
>>
>>1731773
No, fuck Bald Knob, AR, I shouldn't have to walk a mile to cross a street and none of its dipshit residents should defend that bullshit and act like I'm the crazy one.

Land of the Free but you can't buy a fucking beer or cross the street? And you guys use the word cuck
>>
>>1732453
Every time you reply you make the residents of Bald Knob seem normal and yourself appear even more unhinged
>>
>>1732453
>Arkansas
>Midwest
Shutup you dumb hillbilly.
>>
>>1732462
Why isn't it legal to buy beer in a state in which it's legal in a country in which it's legal? That's freedom?
Land of the free, but don't cross the street

>>1732505
Oops, my bad. It's very common outside of the NE, mixing instances up
In KS, an officer stopped me and told me no one walks out here so he was 'checking up on me'
>>
>>1732697
>Why isn't it legal to buy beer in a state in which it's legal in a country in which it's legal? That's freedom?
That's a red herring argument
>>
>>1732706
Not really. I never had trouble walking in areas in which it's legal to buy beer. Guess they actually value freedom, there.

You're arguing against a fucking crosswalk here, this is the hill you iwsh to die on?
>>
American cagers are much more dangerous and entitled.
If an American cager ran over a child he would get away with it, so it’s necessary to take every precaution possible.
>>
>>1732726
>Not really.
Yes it is, buying beer has nothing to do with pedestrian safety or crosswalks. You just got off topic is all.
>>
>>1730669
We all do bacon rider, we all do.
>>
>>1731839
>when any bus would do and does in a normal country.
Have you seen American kids? They need a stop in front of their house because they are too fat to walk to the public bus stop down the road.

Have you seen the American public bus riders? You don't want your kids sharing a bus with any of those pedos.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.