[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1461594975186.png (573 KB, 1106x1012)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/waller-bicyclists-hit-truck-teen-driver-ironman-16490862.php
>>
Just because the police or attorney didn't press charges immediately (even though they should've, evidence was sufficient by the perpetrator's account alone) doesn't the victims can't tear him a new one in court once they're out of the hospital.
>>
Why in burgerland a 16 years old burger is allowed to operate a truck that big??
I do understand mopeds, motorcycles, agricultural vehicles in the farmlands and other small motor vehicles but a truck that big seems unnecessary
>>
>>1713785
Maybe trucks should be regulated as commercial vehicles idunno. Or have them be a different class of noncommercial license that you can't be eligible for until you're 21.
>>
File: FAOWpeGUUAoATm_.jpg (1.23 MB, 1536x2048)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>"Do you think I'm going to jail?"
>That's what the teenager behind the wheel of the truck had on his mind immediately after harassing and running over six cyclists near Houston this past weekend.
>The answer, as it turned out, was no.
>The 16-year-old driver appeared to have been trying to "roll coal" on a group of eight cyclists training for the Ironman Triathlon, according to fellow cyclist Chase Ferrell.
>Ferrell was a few paces behind the group when the driver blew thick, black smoke on him as he pedaled along Old Highway 290 on Saturday morning.
>Moments later, the driver caught up to the larger group up ahead and tried doing the same thing.
>It is not clear why the teenager was not immediately arrested.
>The Waller County District Attorney's Office did not answer questions about the case but instead referred to a Facebook post saying it is still under investigation.
gonna' keep an eye on this little bitch
>>
>>1713793
Owning large trucks is a status symbol
>>
File: ``11.jpg (99 KB, 517x564)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
SACRIFICE THE KID UNDER A TRAIN HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID UNLESS HES RETARDED THEREFORE SUITABLE TO EXECUTION REGARDLESS THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON HIT AND RUN IS EXCUSABLE LET ALONE HARRASSMENT AND ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON
THE CAWPS SEEM TOO RETARDED TO ARTICULATE COMMON SENSE WITH BLATANT EVIL? DF??
>>
>>1713793
euros think only terrorists should be allowed to drive big trucks
>>
>>1713793
I could have run over the same number of cyclists in my golf
>>
>>1713807
INSHALLAH. In truth, vehicular jihad is the best jihad my friend.
>>
>>1713794
>Maybe trucks should be regulated as commercial vehicles idunno. Or have them be a different class of noncommercial license that you can't be eligible for until you're 21.
vehciles with certain weight/power, not just truck shape.
>>
>>1713818
Basically anything bigger than a bike?
>>
>>1713821
>Basically anything bigger than a bike?
id say anything bigger than 2500lb with more than 150hp
buuuuuut
with all cars seem to have an extra 1000lbs of safety features and an extra 100hp to pull all that weight

and then electric cars will be even heavier
>>
>>1713785
He should be rendered quadriplegic by surgery as punishment,
>>
>>1713821
In the EU the cutoff for a regular motor vehicle license is 3.5 tonnes or 7,700 lbs gross combination weight rating (vehicle plus all passengers and cargo plus loaded trailer), which would already put a number of pickup trucks out of reach. The other part are impractical dimensions and higher operating costs. No one's gonna want to spend hundreds of bucks a month on fuel for a difficult to park yokelbarge they're not even allowed to tow with.
>>
If you ride your bike on the highway you deserve to be hit by cars
>>
Absolutely BASED. This kid will be getting ridiculous amounts of pussy. I wish every city had a few of his kind.
>>1713798
Take it easy on the caps lock you dumb, retarded faggot.
>>
>>1713848
>Take it easy on the caps lock
GET THAT TWIST OUT OF YOUR PANTIES, COCKSUCKER
>>
that's texas, rage cage central, the kid will probably get a medal
to cagecucks (read: all americans) not being a cagecuck is a crime worthy of having some retarded kid on his mom's walmart truck run over you
>>
>>1713785
Some edgy zoomer shitting on some random cyclists who are working hard and improving themselves. God I hate road rage tards.
>>
>>1713785
>houston
wtf was someone doing riding in Houston?
>>
>>1713808
this
>>
>>1713826
>150hp
>2500lbs
That's way more than enough to plow through a crowd of cyclists.
>>
The people training for a triathlon are probably upper middle class they will definitely sue
>>
>>1713891
So the trailer trash kid declares bankruptcy and the cyclists sell his crashed truck and buy new bottle cages with the money. #WINNING
>>
>>1713888
I rekt a squadron of lycra queers larping as tour de frog in Wellington brake checking them with 800kg and 120hp.
>>
>>1713888
yeah but the weight and acceleration play a huge role in lower speed city accidents

and also plays in huge role in high speed vehicle on vehicle accidents
>>
File: 1628795485083.jpg (96 KB, 1024x722)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>1713927
dial 8, tripfag
>>
File: horsewisper.jpg (532 KB, 2070x1564)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>1713798
sotrue.,
,,,BUT,,Ferral isgetting his ASSKICKED by a CAgeretard and nobody ALLERTS?,,like RED~??,
,,,letmeguess,,no mirrors?,
,,,LOOKHERE children,,and burn the vision of Lazy into your eyes,,,Cageswill killanytime.,
,situational awareness,,milesout.
,,,to focused on peltoning.,distractionsignored.
>>
>>1713873
Looks like it was out in the rural road areas, where there's one stretch of road for miles; bet they were going slow as fuck. So the cyclists were impeding traffic, weren't seriously injured, and will probably sue because plebs don't have $10k toys. Remind me why "cagers" are the bad guys again?

>>1713788
>out of the hospital
They're in the picture, all are walking with not even a bruise on the shins.
>>
>>1713785
it's okay to hate cyclists I don't give a fuck, but he literally could have killed them, what a fucking retard
>>
could someone please explain how swerving you vehicle towards someone while laying on the horn is any different from waving a gun at someone telling them youll shoot them?

same with if spitting on someone is assualt, how is rolling coal not assualt?
>>
>>1713842
>>1713927
Daily reminder to use the support page to send a report under MODERATION FEEDBACK every time the corona janny deletes your on-topic threads or bans you for some bullshit reason
>>
>>1713962
>rural road
>traffic
lmoa get a load of this retard
>>
>>1713988
>the solution to all life's problems is to convince the state to arrest everyone I don't like
>>
>>1714067
If there was no traffic then what btfo their bikes?
>>
>>1714067
Traffic doesn't have to be cars stacked behind them, the definition is literally a moving vehicle. Slow-moving tractors on a road usually let people pass, I bet these jackasses weren't nearly as considerate.
>>
>>1714076
You got any proof to back up that claim?
>>
>>1713788
Doesn’t matter if they all win an uncollectible civil suit; the mutt belongs in jail
>>
>>1713793
It’s Texas, everybody gets one for their 16th birthday
>>
>>1714074
This I don't even know why we have laws at all. You should be able to shoot people who coal roll you on sight
>>
I've gotta wonder why you'd even want to roll coal on a cyclist to begin with. Just to be a fucking asshole. Dude should have his license revoked.
>>
>>1713962
>weren't seriously injured
2 had to be airlifted to the hospital you retard cagecuck.
>>
>>1713988
It’s not different. It’s assault with a deadly weapon, even in Texas.

https://www.mcconathylaw.com/criminal-defense/traffic-offenses/aggravated-assault-with-a-motor-vehicle/
>>
>>1713962
>Looks like it was out in the rural road areas, where there's one stretch of road for miles

>bet they were going slow as fuck
Most bicycles are slower than cars. What’s your point? Retard cager mentality, the bike is going slower than me which means i can run them over with my truck.
>So the cyclists were impeding traffic
Quite the leap you’ve made there. It’s an old road that hardly anyone uses because it runs parallel to the interstate; it’s not divided and anyone trying to pass a cyclist can just use the oncoming lane. If you’d actually read the article you’d know the driver was intentionally pulling up next to the cyclists and rolling coal until he fucked up and plowed into them.
>weren’t seriously injured
They were airlifted to the hospital you stupid fuck.
>and will probably sue
As they should
>>
>>1713962
>plebs don't have $10k toys
yes they do lol
lots of plebs have 10k toys or atleast 10k of toys.
>>
>>1713988
>could someone please explain how swerving you vehicle towards someone while laying on the horn is any different from waving a gun at someone telling them youll shoot them?

It's more like shooting at someone aiming to miss to frighten them.
>>
>>1714135
Except in this case the bullet hits them anyway.
>>
>>1714175
The number of "warning shots" that hit someone is also non-zero.
>>
>>1713785
Based. Honestly i commute in the area. Basically if you come to Texas thinking you are going to have a safe space on Texas roads you should go back to your blue state or whatever hippy state you come from. Every minute you spend on a road in Texas, you are burning hours off people's lives. It's more criminal than getting run off the road. You don't belong in our state. Stay in your containment suburb streets, parks, and trails. Put the bike in your truck and go somewhere where you're not going to get in the way of a driver that loses it.
>>
>>1714067
Where do you think all these people in Texas are living? They sure as shit don't fit in the city. Californians be moving to the country road suburbs that pop up everywhere. You will have stop signs backed up for miles during rush hour. People in wallet normally drive 60mph on 40s and if you don't you are will be tail gated and passed and treated like an asshole. Houston area extends throughout the country side. Its going to soon be the worst traffic in America I guarantee you.
>>
>>1714732
Fat, nigger-brained mongolian idiots like you belong in concentration camps. You and everyone who agrees with you should be punished in the most humiliating way possible. May God smite you for your wickedness and impiety.
>>
>>1714760
What are you gonna do about it, bitch? Keep riding your bicycle on the highway, it will all be over soon. Someone else will take one of the team to insure you don't reproduce. It's Darwinism.
>>
>>1714737
TX drivers are fucking retards. Every time I've driven cross country the real truly shit drivers are between TX and NC. Southern California is downright civil in comparison
>>
>>1714773
I respect the rules of the road and I don't act stupid and deranged unlike you low IQ cagers. If I see one of your kind act in a threatening manner I will aim for the head and I will shoot to kill. Don't fuck with innocent people minding their own business in a country where guns exist. It's that simple. I don't care who you are, if you are an old man, an idiotic teenage driver, sending deranged white trash scum like you to hell is doing God's work. Every bikechad who has the ability should open carry or at least concealed carry so we can thin the herd of niggercattle.
>muh darwinism
Straight to Hell with you.
>>
>>1714782
people who ride bikes are emotionally weak individuals. I also don't think it's possible to lose a fight to one because yall are pussies.
>>
File: apu-orbit-equations.jpg (291 KB, 1919x1429)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>1713795
>>1713785
Why do bicycles make random american cagers seethe and lash out so much? What's wrong with a cheaper, more fun mode of transportation that can also be used as exercise?
>>
>>1714990
Americans and brit-bongs are allergic to anything that could help keep a BMI below 35. Notice how much caters love Costco: the place where you can buy junks food in absurd bulk.
>>
>>1714990
Because you ride on motorways without consideration for people behind you. You make people miss work. You burn 30 minutes of their time they could be spending getting their job done or spending time at home. You are burning time that they can never get back. The most valuable resource in the world. You are taking it from people because you feel the need to ride your bike on a fucking busy road making it both dangerous and impossible in some cases for anyone to pass you because of ongoing traffic. Bikers are narcissists. They only care about themselves. Psychopathic peddlers.
>>
>>1713785
FUCKING BASED!!!!!!! GUCJ YEAH°°°°°
>>
File: 1615901985685.jpg (6 KB, 165x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1713785
Imagine naturally being more based than planned.
>>
>>1714993
you got some evidence to back up those statements, faggot?
>>
>>1714986
Easy to say from inside your metal cage, bitchboy. That's about the only place where you'll ever feel like a man. Go back to /o/ and don't forget to pay your insurance to shekelberg every month and have your license plate scanned and location tracked by every police cruiser you pass, cattle. Keep jerking off to your stupid gay cars.
>>1714990
fat constricting bloodflow to the brain, trauma from circumcision, mental illness from watching tv, low IQ, general american tendency of selfishness and hostility to random people.
>>1714993
>30 minutes
It takes only a few seconds to pass someone, retard.
>>
>>1715018
>It takes only a few seconds to pass someone
Why’d you give the troll cager a (you)? The obvious lie is obvious. Though bikes can be faster than cars in cases where the bike rides the shoulder (or sidewalk if wide enough and state permits bikes on sidewalks), and the cages are stuck in lights backed up for 3 or 4 traffic lights. And you also have city commuting with time saved by not having to search for parking, park slowly, or pay for parking. Both of these would go away with less people driving, OC.
>>
>>1715018
I work a job. I'm outdoors full time or in my truck commuting to the next job. You fags don't even work or are in some comfy office job or working from home absolutely oblivious to how society functions outside of your bubble. I help maintain the infrastructure and provide an actual service that you take for granted. You ruin my day just because you feel entitled to causing traffic to be no worse than it already is. Cyclists contribute zero to society. They are worse than homeless people.
>>
>>1715024
Some might even say cyclists are subhuman
>>
poorfags fucked around and found the fuck out
>>
>>1714986
>yall
Back to r.eddit
>>
>>1715018
Well played.
>>
>>1715024
>or are in some comfy office job
being illiterate and incapable of contributing meaningfully to society aside from the lowest of menial labor fit only for slaves and servants is nothing to be proud of retard
>>
>>1715120
I wonder what will kill you first? A cagie or the vax
>>
>>1715127
back to /pol/, bitch
>>
>>1714990
you know how a monkey sometimes randomly spazzes out and attacks another monkey? It's quite bizzare actually, you can often see it in the zoo or in american dashcam vids
>>
>>1713798
Not gonna happen, for what I read the kid is the son of some rich Texas family
>>1713795
Even if he killed someone in whatever circumstance I doubt he would have been arrested
>>
File: 1622503726625.png (197 KB, 1636x853)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>1715128
>>
>>1714782
>Don't fuck with innocent people minding their own business
This is exactly what you're doing when holding up traffic
>>
>>1715018
>It takes only a few seconds to pass someone, retard
Only if the roads empty
>>
>>1715140
Low energy, high cope that everyone hates you delusional niggers.
>>
>>1715127
Lmao, I ride my bike and I shit on subhuman cagies and will never get the vax you dumbass incel. Now get crackin, bossman needs you at 0600 on a saturday. Maybe adress this shit as the source of your anger and unchecked faggotry, you fucking ragie cagie.
>>
>>1715271
You won't be laughing when I find you
>>
File: 1631843228398.jpg (170 KB, 1080x684)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>1713785
Peoples Republic of Walshart strikes again
>>
>>1715278
>Internet tough guy
Faggot
>>
>>1715271
>Lmao, I ride my bike and I shit on subhuman cagies
So did the guys who got run over
>>
>>1715329
and now they’re going to ruin the cager’s life in court
based
>>
>>1714782
>concealed carry so we can thin the herd of niggercattle.
Lmao wouldn’t that put you overweight? Also it wouldn’t be concealed carry because you’d be printing in your skintight white and neon green body glove
>>
>>1713793
Why do 16 year old yuropoors sit at home masturbating instead of growing up?
>>
>>1715370
>growing up
>>
>>1715370
>growing up means terrorizing people with a pickup truck
Thank God I don't live in that obese retard cesspool of a country.
>>
so has this kid been charged yet?
>>
>>1714990
North American sense of "If you don't adhere to MY narrow world view you don't deserve to live". These people complain about traffic but also vote down any attempts to give people alternatives to driving cars which would reduce that traffic. Selfish inability to sympathize and see the bigger picture around them.
>See the Anon seething about bikes making him late to his menial labour job.
>>
>>1715418
Public transportation is not very feasible in the United States. Do you realize the vast distances Americans cover each day?
>>
>>1715460
Median one-way commute in Wyoming is 5.7 miles. In New York, 6.0 miles. In Nebraska, 6.2 miles. In California 6.6 miles. In Ohio, 6.7 miles.

In comparison, median in the Ile-de-France region (Paris and suburbs) is 11 kilometers or 6.8 miles. In London, 13.7 kilometers.

The issue with Americans is that they are quick to resort to violence. This has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with temperament.
>>
>>1715495
I HIGHLY doubt these numbers having relevance to the average American. You also are not considering other other places people go to. Americans drive to their schools twice just to pick up their kids.
>>
>>1715497
what happened to school buses? doesn’t count? euros don’t pick up their kids from school, or does that not count either?
>>
>>1715497
You're right, median and average have different meanings. "Median" is considered the more useful number when talking about economic/demographic/quality of life questions because average can be skewed by a few atypical cases.

For example I know a lady who commutes to Philadelphia from somewhere in the PA suburbs, then takes the train from Philadelphia to NYC, then takes a cab to the office in midtown. Her commute is easily 100+ miles each way. So the "average" commute among people I talk to on a regular basis is absolutely batshit crazy. But she also only commutes once or twice a week, the rest is remote.

The average fear-gripped flyover American won't let their kids walk or take public transport to work because of the stranger danger. Meanwhile they'll let their non-denominational pastor rape their kids until they need a colostomy bag and then apologize for Reverend Rapeyhands all the way to the past-the-statute-of-limitations nondisclosure agreement cash settlement ceremony, but that doesn't count because Dateline proves that the biggest danger to kids is the scary stranger.

I went to school without being nannied to and from, and look at me, I turned out to be a successful tripfag. So there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (215 KB, 1280x720)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>1715498
Last time I checked our schools weren't reachable EXCLUSIVELY by car and we didn't have 120 cars long dropoff queues, but thanks for the concern.
>>
>>1715415
With what, Taking out the trash?
>>
>>1715460
>Do you realize the vast distances Americans cover each day?
that's because American cities are almost universally poorly designed - that's not a law of nature, that's a conscious decision that can be changed
>>
>>1715507
You should see the school drop off and pick up queues in Texas near where OP's story is. It's absolute insanity. Some roads you have to pass the lines in non-pass dangerous zones. Some schools have cops to direct traffic but it doesn't solve the queues.

The ones that DO ride the bus, parents will LITERALLY drive 5 blocks in their suburb to the end of the street to pick up their kid at the bus stop. What you have is a pile up of vehicles inside the suburb streets backing up traffic further. You can't escape traffic anywhere. In Texas you are filled with rage just to get a gallon of milk. Soon as I have my next crypto gains i'm out of here.
>>
>>1715512
There is no thought in planning in Texas. Just Coruscant doctrine. If there is open land someone will buy it and being urbanization.
>>
>>1715513
actually I've even seen parents drive 1 block to the bus stop. 5 blocks is conservative.
>>
>>1714120
Unironicall>>1714129
y based, smoothbrains driving lifted trucks/rolling coalneed to be cleansed from the gene pool. I have never seen an intelligent person drive a lifted truck or one with the emissions control system tampered with.
>>
>>1715370
>growing up
lmao euros are much more independent though
>go to bar with friends
>take vacations to foreign countries
>live alone at uni [not in a dorm playpen]
us americans are chained to our house until we can embrace the auto jew
>>
>>1715146
Which they'd be if more people biked
>>
>>1713793
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>1716745
Not a 2A issue. Driving is a privilege, not a right.
>>
>>1716450
fuck you, fuck emission controls, fuck green faggots.
>>
>>1716749
Never heard of vehicular homicide? SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>1716750
Way to prove his point hahahaha
>>
>>1713785
/o/ is seething again
https://boards.4channel.org/o/thread/24686509#top
>>
File: 1633417754593.webm (2.88 MB, 1222x680)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>1716773
Yeah they're absolutely Seething
>>
File: cagie punished.png (94 KB, 800x600)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>1713798
>SACRIFICE THE KID UNDER A TRAIN
I can think of something better
>>
>>1716920
Wouldn't the bikes just flip over
>>
>>1716921
wattlet detected
>>
>>1716876
>driving on the sidewalk with his toy car
>>
>>1716923
>driving on the road with his actual toy
>>
>>1714732
lol
take your car, so you're not blocking traffic, like other cars,
you cagies don't see the trees in the forrest
>>
>>1714780
dunno, but werent massashussets the worst drivers ?
>>
>>1715085
>poorfags fucked around
m8, those bikes probably costed more than your clapped out f150
>>
>>1713785
GR15 FOR PEPESHIT
>>
Name him!
>>
>>1714773
>It's Darwinism.
In that case Texas and its monumental retardation should be gone within the century.
>>
File: 1606547490552.jpg (42 KB, 640x633)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
So have they charged him yet or was the "They're only letting him walk free because it takes a long time to fill out the paperwork for an attempted murder charge" cope wrong all along?
>>
>>1716876
car is legal if driver is under the age of 12
>>
>>1719183
>attempted murder charge
There was no "attempted murder", you spaz. It was assault since no one was killed and he acted recklessly. Unless you stacked the jury with a bunch of angry lycrafags, charge him for attempted murder and he walks.
>>
>>1714990
>Why do bicycles make random american cagers seethe
Because they ride on two lane roads that are too curvey to pass.
I'm a cyclist and don't do this because it's
1) dangerous for you
2) dangerous for other motorists (where I grew up the leading cause of death for young people was head on collisions on these roads for passing before drugs became really popular.)
3) It doubles the length of the trip
>>
>>1719500
>attempted murder isn't attempted murder because it wasn't successful
>>
>>1719541
>too dumb to pass a fucking bicycle
>>
>>1719546
yeah, I'm too dumb to see around a blind corner. Sorry I can't violate physics so you can be a cunt.
>>
>>1713785
this faggot has 6 personal injury lawsuit coming his way
hes never ever going to revover and ruin his entire familly
>>
>>1713793
Because 16 is plenty old enough to drive. Actually you can drive starting at 15 with somebody 18+.
>>
>>1714990
Theyre NPCs and it infuriates them to see someone healthier, fitter and richer then them if theyre a roadfag.
Its pure unfilter cope
>>
>>1714986
this is bait but
I fucking love when cagies shout at me from their window, then you just pull next to them at incoming stop light and theyre too terrified to even roll down their windows once youre face to face. Everytime once the light turn green they slam on the pedal as if theyre in a mighty great hurry to flee, its hilarious everytime.
>>
>>1715507
what the fuck am I looking at
>>
>>1719577
So True. Pull over, exit the cage and state your problem rather than honking and speeding off.
>>
*UPDATE*

>WALLER COUNTY, Texas – The Waller County District Attorney said the Waller Police Department mishandled its investigation into the teen driver who struck a group of cyclists in late September.

>“This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD,” Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis wrote in a lengthy social media post Monday.

>“Despite being encouraged by the Texas Department of Public Safety to treat the scene as a crime scene and to contact the D.A.’s Office for advice on how to proceed, the investigating agency chose not to do so,” wrote Mathis.

>The Waller Police Department recently completed its investigation into the incident and turned the case over to the Waller County DA’s office. Mathis assigned a Special Prosecutor to the case.

This kid is fucked and so are the retard cops
>>
File: 1585704514719.jpg (237 KB, 768x867)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>1719545
Contrary to what the Derek Chauvin case might have you believe, definitions of crimes have very specific laws about intent and what defines "serious injury", and you can't just make it up as to what you think it should be based on emotions. Also, the state decides what the crime should be, not the victim. We already have enough roasties screaming about attempted rape because someone said they looked beautiful.
>>
>>1719616
is this porn? asking for a friend
>>
>>1719618
Yes
>>
>>1719618
No
>>
>>1713793
>Why in burgerland a 16 years old burger is allowed to operate a truck that big??
What else do we have to look forward to?
>>
>>1717376
I hear people refer to their car as a toy all the time so since cars are toys they should be kept in the driveway and only cranked to listen to the noises they make.
>>
File: 1521880234995.png (195 KB, 368x375)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>1719579
>go on rants about car-drivers, call them names, and dream up violent scenarios
>"they should state their problem instead of just honking and speeding off"
>>
>>1719694
Not dreaming of anything just stating to approach the resolution to your grievance, whether real or imagine, like a man rather. Driving past me and honking and speeding off is a coward move that makes you look ghey. Plus it only makes my determination to cycle stronger.
>>
>>1719694
Violent? No one ever mentioned violence
>>
>>1719778
See
>>1713798
>>1716920
Also >>1716836 in a different thread
>>
File: All-out-war.jpg (162 KB, 1336x602)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>1713785
"roll coal" good to know the everyday driving habits of millions of people around the world now has a colloquial name
>>
>>1719888
>millions of drivers modify their cars to emit thick black smoke
???
>>
>>1719888
what did he mean by this
>>
>>1719618
Maybe so
>>
>>1719500
>he walks
Wait untill this guy hears about personal injury lawsuits, hes going to get jewed hard
>>
>>1719962
Can you see a minor or an adult for something he did as a minor? Multi milion dollar question.
>>
>>1719973
*sue
>>
>>1719962
Well, that's a civil lawsuit, not a criminal one. So right now, there's the issue of criminal charges and civil charges. Criminal charges could be filed with some sort of assault charge, as assault can be something where even if you didn't intend to hurt someone, you were reckless enough and you did. Assault is easy to prove, attempted murder not so much, so they'll probably go (or downgrade to) for assault.
Personal injury is a civil one, and he will probably get railed for that one. Him getting too close to the cyclists would probably override any "assumption of risk" counterarguments.
>>
>>1719973
if you can’t sue him, you can sue his parents
no free ride
>>
>>1719616
Doesn’t change the fact that the person that guy responded to was fucking retarded. Attempted murder obviously has a specific definition, but it isn’t off the table just because the victims weren’t killed, in fact that’s the only time it would even apply in the first place.
>>
>>1720017
To be charged with attempted murder, it has to fit one of two definitions.
>Willful intent to physically harm and kill another person
>Demonstration of willful disregard for human life through the use of reckless physical assault
Since he didn't even intend to actually hit the cyclists that would be very hard to prove and convict. Sure, the DA could TRY to add attempted murder, but he doesn't seem to have a particular hard-on for nailing the kid to the wall, just pissed that nothing was actually done (and an assault case is very likely).
>well they should try to do attempted murder anyway, what's the worst that can happen?
Well, besides wasted money, the answer can definitively be "he did not try to kill the cyclists"
>>
>>1720057
>no, I didn’t intend to harm them
>oh ok lol
>>
>>1720066
>attempted Involuntary manslaughter
>>
>>1720057
Read my post again dumbfuck. The only point was that some retard upthread literally said it couldn’t be attempted murder because the victims didn’t die, which is objectively idiotic and wrong. That it doesn’t meet some other definition of attempted murder is irrelevant and nobody gives a fuck about your 1L CrimLaw notes.
>>
>>1720066
>objection, your honor, according to the Internet forums I go to, cyclists can do no wrong so obviously he must've intended to harm them
>>
>>1720073
I said in my post that the DA could TRY to prosecute for attempted murder but it almost certainly wouldn't stick, and the retard here >>1719545 thinks he was actually out to deliberately kill the cyclists, which by all accounts isn't what happened.
>special prosecutor wants vehicular assault
>lawyer says "My client stopped immediately, called 911, attempted to render aid and cooperated with police"

So to sum it up
>did he intend to kill the cyclists?
almost certainly not
>is the prosecutor considering attempted murder?
no
>could the DA pursue attempted murder if he wanted to under the law?
yes
>would it actually work?
almost certainly not
>could he be charged with some sort of assault?
very much yes
>is the charge of "attempted murder" only talked about by revenge crazed cyclists who only read it and start seething about "muh cagers", as opposed to anyone in the actual case?
Very much yes.
>>
>>1720075
you didn’t think that butthurt shitpost through, huh
>>
>>1720081
Wow, you really can’t read, can you
>>
File: 1626856160438.png (295 KB, 860x822)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
They...they're gonna arrest him soon, right guys?
>>
DA came out and said the police fucked up in a multitude of ways. Also insinuated its because the family was connected and had pull in their small ass town. Also said its rare for their office to sabotage their own case, but felt it necessary since family's lawyer in public statement used lack of arrest as proof of innocence. Town police has a reputation for ignoring harassments complaints by cyclists.

In America cyclist are pretty much expected to settle these things in civil court instead of expecting any sort of criminal prosecution.
>>
Remember /n/bros, the real goal isn't punishing the filthy cager, it's feeding our victimhood complex.
>>
>>1713785
kid's dad/mom prolly has some political pull somewhere, or he's a fucking highschool football player.
>>
>>1720472
I just want insurance money so I can NEET and buy bike parts off alix desu
I've got a friend who got smashed by a driver and made 25k lol Been riding in the danger zone and running reds ever since.
>>
>>1720057
>Well, besides wasted money, the answer can definitively be "he did not try to kill the cyclists"
its like waving a gun around in someones face to taunt them and then they accidently slip their finger on the trigger
>>
>MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. (AP) — A 15-year-old driver decided to “scare” a jogger running along a rural road — and then fled after fatally striking him with her car, prosecutors say.
>The girl was charged Tuesday with second-degree felony murder and felony hit-and-run. She turned herself in last week, almost two months after the death of 53-year-old Greg Moore.
>According to the charging papers, the girl, from the Seattle suburb of SeaTac, was driving a relative’s Toyota Camry without permission around 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 18. When she saw Moore on his early morning run, she deliberately veered toward him, the account says.
>She and her 14-year-old passenger later laughed about the way the man “flew over the car,” say the criminal charges, the Seattle Times reported.
>Moore was reported missing by his wife that morning when he failed to return from a 15-mile run.

Why are these kids treating people like NPCs?

These cases will be handled in juvenile court system, but it begs the question. Too much Grand Theft Auto?
>>
>>1721671
I genuinely think it’s just burger culture
>>
File: EjWh.gif (805 KB, 500x350)
805 KB
805 KB GIF
>>1721802
vehicular homicide is a feature of some Distopic Fiction
I recall it being present in the work of Ray Bradbery Aldous Huxley
>>
>>1721813
I love Death Rally too!
>>
>>1721815
noice, reminds me a bit of some other games .eg
interstate 76
p.o.d Planet of Death
Megarace 2

I wonder how many medas there are for this ?
death race 2000
carmageddon
RoadRash
>>
>>1721671
Sounds like either driver or passenger spilled the beans to the wrong person.
>>
>>1721671
how is this any different than taunting someone with a gun and then accidentally slipping your finger on the trigger and shooting them?
>>
>>1713785
Not my problem.
>>
>>1721832
>p.o.d Planet of Death
Holy shit yes
>>
Executive jet crashes while trying to take off in... wait for it... Waller County, Texas.

Just a coincidence of course. No deaths or serious injuries and the plane appears to be toast. 2 with minor injuries and the MD-87 looks to be a total loss. Or maybe they can repurpose a few bolts from the tail section. For less mission critical applications of course :)
>>
If every douchebag in a lifted pickup truck would kill a cyclist and get put to death for it, the roads would be a much nicer place for everyone else.
>>
>>1722226
Or if judges in places like Waller County, Texas didnt have such a hostile attitude towards cyclists we could immediately suspend drivers licenses when there is a preponderance of evidence against them and their dangerous activities.
>>
>>1722243
*should be an and to separate those two ideas. Mybad for the awful grammar, its early.
>>
The cagies are making fun of us again
>>>/o/24740304
>>
>>1713795
kid hits a bunch of aerofags
good.
>>
File: 1620103640416.jpg (101 KB, 560x431)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>1722250
>crying over a case in which a few cyclists were injured by an idiot
>ignoring the more recent case where a cyclist got killed by a woman running over him three times
>>
>>1722346
Make a new thread, you must! Its a moral imperative.
>>
>>1722346
This one that happened less than 10 blocks from my house?

https://www.standard.net/police-fire/2021/oct/18/charges-screened-after-roy-auto-bicycle-fatality/
>>
>>1722369
Ok maybe not. Sounds like she didnt know what she was running into.
>>
>>1719558
Share the road retard.
God I hate cagies.
>>
File: 1624407986778.jpg (18 KB, 258x544)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1722369
>77-year-old driver
>the woman waited a moment, drove in reverse, then went forward again

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.