[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1621508048448.jpg (103 KB, 603x600)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
/gag/ sleepy mad dog edition

General Aviation (GA) refers to all non-military or Part 121 flying. GA flying includes gliders, single engine trainers, expensive twin training, Part 135 prop or jet, corporate, fire fighting, personal ownership, fractional ownership, etc. Regional peasants pls get bullied.
>>
>>1708609
That would look so bad ass if they flew planes around like that. It's too bad corporate stuffshirts would never allow it
>>
>>1708617
I've worked for UPS Airlines, corporate doesn't give a fuck about their airplane's paint. Depending on the tail, they already do look like that. No other big name brand airline is like UPS in this way. Paint it once in white and brown when it comes into company possession, and never paint it again.
>>
Posting here again from last thread...
What do you do for an instrument rating?
>>
>>1708674
Under Part 61 assuming for fixed wing, for the checkride you need the written done, 50 hours XC PIC, and 40 hours instrument. The 40 hours instrument can be any combination of actual and hood time. Actual refers to time in IMC, not time flown IFR, hood time is any time you're flying with foggles or a hood obscuring your outside vision. Of the 40 hours of instrument time, 15 of those hours must be with a CFII for the purpose of an instrument rating. Your 3 hours of time for a private don't count towards this 15 hours, CFII or not. Have all that with a CFII endorsement for the practical and you're set.
>>
>>1708684
I don't understand what the actual training involves. The only hood time I have has been: "tune into the VOR, do a 180, fly this heading, climb/descend, and recover from this unusual attitude."
>>
>>1708736
You fly off the instruments
>>
>>1708736
You fly via sole reference to the instruments. As well all learning the regs related to instrument flight. In addition to using VORs you'll also learn how to do set up and do instrument approaches like an ILS. So you can actually be guided to a runway without being able to see outside. There is more stuff too like holding and arcing. Plus talking to ATC throughout it all.
>>
>>1708742
How difficult is the training? All this sounds difficult.
>>
>>1708746
It's honestly not that bad. The regs were more annoying to learn for me than the flying. Easier than a visual cross country in my opinion. Since ATC is telling you what to do it's pretty easy. You just tune and track to what they tell you. Even easier when they just tell you "cleared direct". I guess the part that needs the most finesse is an ILS since you need to keep yourself lined up horizontally on the localizer and vertically on the glideslope at the same time. But even that comes pretty quick. At least it did to me. The avionics your aircraft is equipped with also would make a difference I imagine.
>>
Did my second cross country last night. Delicious $400 hot dog dinner.
>>
File: Cessna-208.jpg (553 KB, 3000x1996)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
Love the Cessna 208 desu
>>
poopoopeepee bump
>>
Has anyone gotten their CPkaavvL before their IR?
>>
>>1709850
In history, yes. Its normal in helos, and in airplanes you’ll get a restriction on your commercial cert for no commercial flying beyond 50nm or at night.
>>
I just forgot to cancel IFR... I landed about 2 hours ago. Put the plane away, cleaned it, drove home, showered, was about to go to bed before my jaw dropped and I called Approach. They said they had the cops and a bunch of people at the airport looking for me. I feel retarded as fuck. Although, I’m not used to coming back past midnight when our tower is closed. ATC man says it’s all okay, but I wish I could do something to make it better.
>>
>>1708623
This, I work at an airport where UPS MD-11s take off all the time.

Nothing is more badass then seeing one with deteriorating paint blast off in the rain
>>
>>1709930
You'd better write a sincere apology just to be sure, otherwise I wouldn't even bother asking for direct next time you fly.
>>
>>1709876
It seems like the CPL is maneuvers based and since the PPL is similar it might be a good idea to just keep practicing everything so that the checkride will be a breeze.
>>
>>1709850
I honestly think this might be better if you’re doing everything in a row, my biggest problem with commercial was forgetting private stuff because of the long gap between ppl and cpl
>>
File: tranz.jpg (175 KB, 500x666)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>
>>1709876
Isn’t that only if your carrying passengers?
>>
>>1710105
It might be i think you’re right

>>1710059
CPL isn’t a ballbuster if you don’t make it one. If you’re just a weekend warrior, I’d recommend a commercial just to lower your insurance rates.
>>
>>1710105
Commercial pilot here, anyone who wants to look into the reg about this it is 14 CFR § 61.133(b)(1)
>>
>>1708609
you mistreat a md11 and noone bats an eye but 1 dog in the cargo hold and everyone loses thier minds
>>
>>1710523
Are dogs… not usually put in the cargo hold?

t. Retard
>>
why do American pilots always struggle with the route they're given ? how do they get cleared on en-route control in the US?
we gave three points in a row to one and even spelled them and he managed to get it wrong and penetrate a military area
>t. ARTCC euro
>>
File: df-st-83-09789.jpg (241 KB, 1200x836)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>"krzzzz"
>"Meoooow"
>>
>>1708609
>>
>>1711173
you're on guard
>>
>>1711190
>*whispers* fuck niggers
>>
>>1711168
I didn’t get my certificates just to have to bow down to little pencil neck euros. I vector myself when I’m abroad. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>1711168
Probably because your English sounds like someone speaking with a penis in their mouth
>>
>>1711168
Because your mouth isn’t as clear as your typing
>>
File: tucked_in.jpg (2.45 MB, 4032x3024)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>1708893
I like the blue flashing better desu
>>
why are student pilots either giga chads or absolute spergs
>>
>>1711376
>>1711424
British and Irish pilots understand us perfectly.
>>
>>1711562
Spain, France or Germoney?
>>
>>1711562
seethe euro
>>
>>1711509
Because one wants to experience the wonder of flight, travel, make friends, feel badass

The other one cares about nerd shit and more of the science of flight
>>
>>1711593
France
>>
>>1711701
I'd have to say it's probably the UK/Ireland's proximity to you that they are used to hearing a thick French accent, whereas American's aren't exposed to French as much as Spanish accents and Germans can usually enunciate English well enough for the Amerilards to understand.
>>
>>1711706
I do my best to get rid of it when speaking on frequency unless I'm in a rush. I guess it's this + combined with the fact that UK pilots are very familiar with these routes as they fly them daily unlike burgers
>>
>>1711642
Which is which? First category describes my reasons for flying pretty well, but I feel like I'm pretty spergy.
>>
hypothetically speaking, lets say the FAA was about to find out about my vehicular homicide incident from a decade ago. how screwed am i?
>>
>>1711701
Does your name starts with a Y?
At which CRNA do you work? (I reckon I know who you are)
>>
>>1711829
You'll be fine.
>>
Why are there SO MANY FUCKING REGULATIONS and so much BULLSHIT I have to do to get my fucking PPL.
>Written tests
>Oral exams
>Practical check rides
I just want to get in a cessna 150 and fly around and get laid. Goddamn Fun Abatement Administration making this shit so hard. Fuck 'em!
>>
File: 1234567890.png (229 KB, 739x415)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
What's the penalty for illegally flying in the United States?
>>
File: c-fexh-03.jpg (3.43 MB, 3456x2304)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>1711487
Yeah it does look nice
>>
>>1711892
Get a recreational license then. Also it’s not even hard. I had all the knowledge down well before completing my hours

Moon was neat today
>>
mfw atc tells me to expedite climb in my 172 climbing 400 ft/min at Vy
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 241x209)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1712064
>>
>>1712064
unable
>>
>>1712088
Your mom is unable
>>
>>1712091
watch your altitude
>>
>>1712092
watch your attitude
>>
>>1712133
Watch your airspeed
>>
>>1712149
add some power
>>
>>1712151
Feather your critical engine
>>
>>1712162
more right rudder
>>
>>1712181
pitch for blue line
>>
>>1712189
now slowly take the power out
>>
>>1712203
Watch your trim
>>
>>1712256
>Mfw first cfi was super chill and would only tell me to do something if I was clearly forgetting
>new cfi just got her cfii and hadn’t flown for 10 years beforehand
>backseat flys on every little thing
It’s fucking annoying when she’s telling me where to turn base. I know when to turn fucking base not to mention everytime I do it when you say to we come high onto the glide slope. I’ve just started ignoring her for like 99% of the shit she says. Gonna request a new one when I start instrument
>>
>>1712420
get some flaps in
>>
>>1712540
stay within the white arc
>>
>>1712587
Check gear
>>
Eyes end of the runway.
>>
>>1712420
It’s because you’re flying with a woman, more commonly known as a woman moment
>>
>>1712420
Did she put her hands on the yoke too? I fucking HATE it when people do that shit.
>>
>>1712796
It's such a nice feeling when you do a good landing then look over to see the instructor's hand all of the controls.
>>
My instructor did this shit. As if I was going to crash the airplane every landing. My first few hours flying alone my landings were shit because I didn't develop the feel for cross wind inputs and the amount of flare for smooth touchdowns.
>>
How much money do I need to own a plane ? Here the license is around 6K but from experience what's the cost of operating a small 4 or 2 seater to travel from time to time let's say 10 times a year ?
>>
>>1712954
MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD, PAL
>>
>>1712957
I am currently doing a engineering degree so I am going to be part of the top tier population pay judging by my friends that graduated this year. Is it really not enough ? Only millionaires can afford to fly a Cesna ?
>>
>>1712997
Nah, was just using a shitty fast and the furious quote. Realistically, if you're ok with flying older than 1990ish stuff, you can get them for anywhere from $50-125k, and top end of that being really low Total Time On Airframe.
Do your research on what you want to buy, tho, as there could be some prohibitively expensive Airworthiness Directives ala the Cessna 410 that you'd want to avoid.
>>
>>1712954
Depends on the airplane, the engine time on the current airplane and then the avionics within the airplane.
Older trainers (usually 2-seaters) can be had for under $20K but expect another $10K in maintenance.
True IFR capable airplanes are $50K+.
Your airplane depends on your mission. The bright side is that they tend to hold their value.
Always double whatever your costs are expected to be just to be on the safe side.
Also,
>I am going to be part of the top tier population pay
You sound like a fag. Check your attitude airman
>>
>>1712954
Unless you’re flying often its cheaper to rent, but i can’t name the price of convenience. Consider that parking an airplane anywhere costs money, insurance costs money whether or not you fly it, and annual maintenance must be done. Consider these and other fixed costs before calculating the variable costs (hourly fuel/oil, engine reserve, pop up maintenance, instructor cost as applicable) and you’ll see why its hard to justify aircraft ownership.
>>
>>1713144
If you fly under 100 hours/year, then rent.
>>
>>1713139
>You sound like a fag. Check your attitude airman
He ain't no airman, he's a bloody casual.
>>
>>1712770
Yea I don’t know I hate women as much as anyone else but I feel like it’s more her being a super cherry instructor. Almost feels like she says things to reassure herself that we’re doing it right but I don’t know.
>>1712796
Nah not the yoke at least but sometimes she’ll start lightly tapping my brakes when I turn during taxi and I’ve started just slamming them on whenever she does.
>>1712895
In their defense it really is a matter of milliseconds for a landing to go badly by a student pilot. One of my first landings we bounced twice and probably would’ve curled the prop back into ourselves because of my lack of feel for the final sight picture during the flare. Fortunately I at least had the presence of mind to go around instead of trying to force us onto the ground, but it was a really nasty landing attempt.
>>
Dunno if this is the right place to ask - are there any Aircraft mechanics/AMEs here?
>>
>>1713274
Yeah there's a few. I'm at an AMT program myself right mow.
>>
Any alternatives to an ipad if I want to use ForeFlight as my e-flightbag? I get it for free with my job
>>
>>1713493
Not really, they've got a web client you can use on a Surface or something but it's not really meant for inflight use. I just switched to Garmin pilot for the explicit reason of getting the fuck off of iPhone (still using iPad as my tablet though) and I really don't like it as much as FF so far but fuck I hated that damn iPhone.
>>
>>1713303
Cool
I'm personally considering getting into avionics.
What's it like? Do you think it's a good job? There's not a lot of info online that I can find and you know, one person says it's great another says it's awful. What's the job market like?
>>
>>1713541
It's supposed to be awesome if you get on at the majors. An American Airlines crew chief came and substituted one of my classes last month and he said He essentially gets free airfare anywhere on American(just has to pay the airfare taxes) and with overtime and field trips(going to airports without a maintenance base to fix a troubled aircraft) He's making on average $180k a year. He said American's average MX worker age right now is 57 and massive mandated retirements are looming in the next 4 years so it should be a booming market real soon.
>>
>>1713551
>He's making on average $180k a year
That's impressive, I didn't know you could earn that much
>He said American's average MX worker age right now is 57 and massive mandated retirements are looming in the next 4 years so it should be a booming market real soon
What's MX stand for?
I'm Australian actually. Apparently the average age here is 40. 33 in avionics specifically.
Is it possible for aussies to do the work in the US? I think the license systems are different. I wouldn't be opposed to moving to the US though.
>>
File: 1620600821641.jpg (96 KB, 1200x768)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>1713656
Miata Xtreme
>>
>>1713656
mx means maintenance
>>
>>1713656
Not sure, but I bet your aviation authority takes a lot of cues from the FAA. I'd look into it. Maybe a forum like airlinepilotcentral would have that type of info.

MX is just shorthand for maintenance.
>>
>>1713541
Realtalk, I hope you like working midnight shift for the next ten years.
>>
Does anyone know of a good PPL study guide? And an instruments guide?
>>
>>1713776
THIS TOO
>>
>>1713777
Gleim
>>
>>1713781
Thank you
>>
>>1713763
>>1713765
>MX is just shorthand for maintenance.
...why?
>>
>>1713957
no idea
>>
>>1713957
MX is commonly used in military applications. (Keeps things consistent with WX for weather, PX for supply store (from post exchange), TX for transfer, and so on.)
>>
>>1713957
Because, Mx is maintenance, Wx is weather, X can mean trans or crossing, a change. YWNBAW
>>
>>1711841
nope, CRNA/E
>>
Westjet and Air Canada demand vaccinations to fly for em. Don't like it but don't see any way around. This timeline is fucked
>>
How much money do CFIs make?
>>
>>1714796
$50/hr part 61
>>
>>1714796
$20/hr part 141 here. Shit sucks can't wait to move up.
>>
>>1714836
fuck part 141. Part 61 pays more and you get more hours. I did 110 hours last month
>>
>>1714836
That's only a dollar less than I make now and I bust my ass all day repairing gym equipment. Can't wait to change careers
>>
>>1714761
Wonder what would happen if the vaccine somehow stopped you from getting a medical.
>>
>>1714864
That was the question we had at my job. They basically hand waved it. Who the fuck knows what would happen if suddenly no one could trip. Especially since if it’s carrier specific the fed would probably just say “sucks to suck”. For federal type jobs I gotta imagine they’d make exceptions
>>
>>1715013
Actually thinking about it now, since the FDA approved it, I’ll bet the government would be liable for something like flight Medicals. Something like large corporate lawsuits paying for medical retirements and then a reaaaaal easy time getting your spot on an airline
>>
>>1714346
My bad, I know someone who works at the CRNA of Brest/Lorphelet, he also browses on the 18-25 with aviation related nicknames.
(And his name starts with a Y)
>>
>>1715032
Merde, I mean Loperhet
>>
>>1715032
I think I talked to him before I passed the entrance exam yeah
>>
>>1714796
Bout $35/hr, 141
>>
im an enlisted aircraft maintainer still in school and i feel like i made a BIG MISTAKE, like its no wonder some a&p techs make good money because I would also pay a tard money for all the chemicals and straight up dangerous situations aircraft maintainers get into contact with every day. hopefully i can just like, stay alive do my contract and get out.
>>
>>1716269
At least they give you PPE these days. Imagine just 25 years ago...
>>
>>1716269
The biggest part of your enlisted will be getting a Airframe and/or Powerplant license out of your branch before you finish. You may now realize how big a mistake you’ve made, but remember that if you have experience maintaining ’transport category aircraft’ you’ll be on top for the next job you get. If you get any choice at the end of school, maintain a big plane, otherwise try to make E-4 and get out of the dorms asap brother.
>>
Women owe me sex
>>
>>1716269
are you in the usmc?
>>
>>1716363
based
>>
With most major airlines now mandating the vax cuz muh government contracts, will regionals follow suit? Several friends I have at Mesa, PSA, Endeavor, Skywest have said they are not required for now. Will they allow the weekly testing option? Asking for a friend
>>
been hopping on 135 empty legs to get PIC time. Whats better, getting PIC time in a 'van or that MEL time in a Navajo?
>>
File: powered-parachute.jpg (297 KB, 1544x1544)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Thinking about pic related.
What am I in for?
>>
>>1718333
a raw buttfucking
>>
>>1718355
That's gay
>>
>>1718329
What are you talking about, you’ve got a buddy who flies part 135 and on 91 non-rev legs you’re flying with him and logging the flight as pic? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve heard all week, you’re gonna be questioned about it at any interview you get and your friend might lose his job if he gets caught.

>>1718318
The regionals probably can’t afford to have their pilots leave in droves over it, unlike the legacies that know the pilots are making enough money o be scared of losing it all. Wholly owned regionals may force them though.
>>
File: T6A_Crash_Sept_19_30.jpg (158 KB, 1276x710)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
In a few months I'll be starting UPT. Going from small Cessnas and the DA20 to a high performance turboprop seems nuts. Any tips?
>>
>>1718379
Exactly, so don't get it.
>>
>>1718431
Congratulations man
>>
>>1718431
That's pretty cool. Always thought I should have gone AF. And as for that transition I don't think it's too nuts. Flight instructors go from sitting in the right seat of a shitbox Cessna 172 not actually flying for 1000+ hours to being the F/O of a regional jet like that.
>>
>>1718318
>>1718425
I just can't see these mandates continuing. Especially seeing how 1000+ flights were cancelled and delayed today do to "weather anomalies" in Jacksonville, which just so happened to coincide with the ATC's sickout. Not to mention all the old A&Ps that will more than likely just quit and retire. I can't see these roles being filled, even if we give it a few years to train replacements.
>>
File: 4437463928_8087abb5dc_3k.jpg (1.52 MB, 2730x2000)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>
B1.3 engineer here. I'm taking a very well paid contract abroad and considering using the extra cash to get my CPL(H) and beyond. So far I can't find a convenient school to fly by the hour, only integrated courses which won't fit around my work schedule.

Is a licence gained in the UAE worth it or will I be better off saving up and doing the training back home in the UK?

If I can't find a good school, I might continue my fixed wing PPL and take that further. Will that involve years of flight instructor hour building too? Or will airlines take on pilots with only enough hours to complete licences and ratings?

And are there even any jobs out there anyway?
>>
>>1718318
you at Republic?
>>
>>1718508
Thanks man.
>>1718514
Why do you wish to have gone AF? The mission and opportunity is super cool, and getting paid to learn to fly is awesome, but there are admittedly a lot of strings attached. I'm sitting at 30ish hours total time so those instructors still have me beat by a wide margin, but I'm super excited.
>>
>>1718595
>Why do you wish to have gone AF
Mainly the mission and opportunity. I'd love to fly missions since I think it'd be pretty fun and a good challenge. Plus having to pay for all my training out of pocket sucked as I couldn't really do anything else. The main thing I don't like about it is being government property. But still have fun and congrats I'd love to fly something high performance like the Texan.
>>
File: low_and_fast.png (987 KB, 1330x823)
987 KB
987 KB PNG
I wonder what this plane was over Japan a few days ago? Came from the West, flew a loop around Tokyo and exited the same way. Pretty low the whole time, a lot of people tracking it.
>>
>>1718580
OO.
>>
>>1718603
Are you a new hire, or are you being typed on the 175?
>>
Only 2.5. more months of this CFI bullshit until I’m finally fucking done
>>
>>1718431
Know your boldface, treat flows as gospel and have them down the best you can. Shut the fuck up and listen to your IP, even if he’s fucking wrong. If your answer to the IP is “I know, I know” the response will be, ‘then why’d you fuck it up’. You trying to track T-38s or your trying to enjoy your career?
>>
>>1718603
SkyPest pilots get the rope
>>
>>1718598
The 10 year service commitment is no joke.
>>1718608
I've been studying boldface/ops limits, hopefully won't be an issue. Apart from boldface/ops limits is there anything you'd recommend knowing before you start? I have heard there isn't much use to studying in preparation, just be mentally prepared to work hard until it's over.
No clue yet. Seeing T-38s shoot by gets me hype, but the heavies life seems pretty great. I'd like to keep my options open. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1718615
Don’t be the guy who references dos gringos or says cranium or container all the time. No one fucking cares, its the usaf equivalent of a middle schooler talking about minecraft or cod. Don’t be a child and enjoy the time in UPT. if you treat your career like an airline pilot, your final goal should be living in a place you want to be, or flying a mission that works for you.
>>
>>1718569
in EU you don't need flight hours like in the US airline hire people fresh from schools and MCC.
About jobs well you need to take into account the time that takes you to complete your licenses. The company that is hiring the most right now in EU is ryan if you are willing to pay your type rating
>>
>>1718743
I don't know what 'EU' that is but for Easan the same rules apply every world wide due to ICAO, so you will need to have flown x amount of hours to be a commercial pilot before you can take your type ratings for an airline. No use applying with a ppl.
>>
>>1718599
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1718751
well of course you need the minimum requirement for your CPL exams and your theoretical ATPL done but it's like 100Hrs pic you can do them pretty fast. Pretty much everybody i know applied for a job pretty much when they ended their flight school. Ryanair offers a program where you can do the MCC with an associated school you just have to pass an online test and interview and pay (the most important step). Of course, this applies for European airlines I don't know outside this field
>>
>>1712420
This is unfortunately rather common in the later stages of PPL training. New CFIs haven't yet formed the ability to distinguish personal flying style from flying technique so they constantly try to micromanage every little thing. Some people land steep. Some people land more flat. Lots of nuances to how people fly. I ended up getting a different CFI for the same reason. I knew what I was doing but the fucking clown wouldnt shut the fuck up
>>
>>1718425
If it's part 91, its part 91. got the high performance endorsement and everything. and I've been busted with a surprise mailbag or freight item. And the pilots I fly with are CFI's to, so I get that sweet sweet duel time for free too.
>>
>>1718943
Your buddy is letting a non-employee on company metal, i doubt his company wants you there. Anyone ho sees your logbook will be interested in why you have flight time in an airplane owned by a 135 operator without having ever been employed by them. Legal doesn’t mean smart.
>>
>>1718943
Bold and stupid.
>>
How well do airlines glide? If all four engines of a 747 went out could it glide enough to do an emergency landing?
>>
>>1719882
who cares let it crash
>>
>>1719882
If all four engines of a 747 somehow go out at the same time you're the most unlucky crew out there. Or flew into some volcanic ash.
>>
>>1719882
That's happened a few times. Yes they glide just fine.

>>1719923

Or they ran out of fuel
>>
>>1719925
If you ran out of fuel you're just sheer incompetent and should not be allowed to fly, lmao.
>>
Really really tempted to drop $10k and time build my remaining 100 hours. I fucking HATE students
>>
com checkride cancelled AGAIN yesterday cause the plane wouldnt start. shits frustrating man
>>
>>1720067
just wait until you’re a flight instructor, and it’s freezing cold outside and you’ve spent 1 hour teaching the student now to preheat, deice, and do preflight. Only for you to find and issue with the plane during the run up
>>
>>1720062
it’s happening. I don’t give a shit anymore. I quit my job
>>
>>1720077
Good luck. Amazon was looking pretty promising and you could probably get a good amount of time in a shitbox 150 with that.
>>
>>1720062
Where do you guys work where it seems so abysmal? Where I fly cfis are in high demand and make good money. Also how do you get to 1500 hours without making any other contacts to fly for?
>>
>>1720085
It’s high demand here too, I also make (made) $40/hr. But I’m sick of teaching.

Fucking signing any more solo endorsements this close to finishing.
Fuck turning in the pattern for 6-8 hours straight.
Fuck canceling because we can’t get out to the practice area because of ceilings
Fuck student cancellations or late shows

I don’t even care if I blow $10k right now on hours. It would still be better than finishing with student flights. I’m done.
>>
>>1720076
>student finished pre flight
>ok lets go
>engine cranks a few times then stops while starter sounds like it's trying to work
>battery at 19 volts
>also just got back from a 100hr
That was not a fun day.
>>
>>1720085
>>1720086
What state(s) are you guys in?
>>
>>1720090
DC SFRA
>>1720088
>wait 30 minutes for fuel because they are solo as fuck
>get plane started
>run up
>holding short of runway
>receive take off clearance
>a second before adding power to taxi onto runway
>my student got a message in her Apple Watch
>oh my god I have to go, my son is sick and I must go pick him up from school now
>have to cancel take off clearance and taxi back
>she gets out of the plane and just leaves
>I have to push the plane back and secure it
>>
just scheduled my solo cross country. feeling like I'm getting to the end of the ppl.
>>
>>1720091
>
That sucks. Thankfully never had anything like that happen yet. Also how old is that chick? None of my students have kids. Especially old enough to be in school.
>>
>>1720099
attractive 40 year old mom
>>
>>1720100
I assume she's just going to get the PPL for fun? Seems too late to get into an airline career.
>>
>>1720101
she bought a brand new 2021 Cirrus SR22T and is doing her private pilot in it
>>
>>1720102
Christ that's a lot of money. I couldn't imagine spending that much money on a plane without even knowing I would be able to get the certificate.
>>
>>1720103
I work in one of the richest counties in the country. Everyone has money. She is going to let me time build in her airplane for free. I only have to pay for fuel.
>>
>>1720104
That's a pretty sweet deal. I've never flown a Cirrus but I've heard they are pretty nice to fly.
>>
>>1720106
the airports up here are full of new cirrus. Almost all my students owned their own plane, or were planning on buying one after getting their ppl
>>
>>1720108
Wew that must be a sight. Most I get is students that a trust fund babies that have no sense of money. Nobody with their own planes, though.
>>
>>1720109
my students are mostly between 40-60 years old and are very wealthy. a MLB player, a few CEOs, and the wife of an NBA player
>>
>>1720091
Do/did you work for a flight school in the area or are you a case by case basis? DC sounding pretty good right now after I get out of flight school.
>>
>>1720091
I’d shoot myself if I lived in DC too
>>
>Tfw i get full days pay if my airplane breaks down in the morning
Yeah feels good to not be an active CFI
>>
Got my third type rating today boys. I’m celebrating by taking a shit at home for the first time in a month.
>>
>>1720476
Congratulations
Now describe us your turd
>>
>>1720499
eatingshitfromanothermansasshole.gif
>>
>>1720146
Must be nice
>>
Did a mod delete the autistic rant in this thread lol
>>
>>1720815
Yes. Some butthurt faggot kept reporting it because exposing FAs as whores triggered him.
>>
Airbus is going to have 90% marketshare in 10 years.
>>
>>1720827
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA o wow.....wait, you're serious?
>>
does anyone know how to get started on travelhacking? thou knows,those sirs who use credit cards and flight combinations and benefit to spend all the time travelling round the world
>>
>>1720815
I was having fun playing devil’s advocate until the mods came along

Enjoy this relevant picture so I don’t get cancelled again.
>>
Some girl I probably know drunk called me with a blocked number few nights ago. Told me how hot I was cause I’m a pilot and was asking when we were gonna hang out. This shit didn’t used to happen to me.think I’m on the verge of my life long dream, being able to get prime pussy
>>
>>1721094
You're mistaken. They called you from a blocked number because they're fucking with you. They think you're pathetic.
>>
>>1721103
Most likely this.
>>
>>1721103
>>1721107
Kek
>>
Is Mentour the best YouTube channel for aviation? I always watch this video because I'm going to fly just in case I need to step in if some accident happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDl1JNqjpM
>>
did you discuss the 737 indictments

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-boeing-737-max-chief-technical-pilot-indicted-fraud
>>
>>1721153
>just in case I need to step in
1- It won't happen
2- No, apart from your sweet heroic dreams, it really won't happen
3- Even if it happens, you won't do wonders and change anything at all
Now you can go back to Flight Simulator or X-Plane and pretend to be the hero passenger that saves the day
>>
>>1721405
Why do you have to crush poor anon's dreams?
At least let him fantasize about his moment of glory as he becomes the great saviour everyone looks up to. He also needs to learn Kung-Fu so he can stop a possible terrorist attack :3
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 644x436)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>1721153
Looks like clickbait shite
>>
>>1721411
>Plebbit/Basedjak face and expressions
>CLICK-BAIT titles with CAPITAL letters
>Indian internet-cafe tier photoshopped pictures
This faggot should be sent on the first train for Auschwitz
>>
>>1721447
* S 0 Y jak, not basedjak
>>
>>1721448
i have no idea what you mean. is S 0 Y an IATA code for an airport? i do think he is making a based wojak face, he looks pretty based.
>>
>>1708609
>op's pic
That's one angry girl.
>>
>>1721411
The bottom left one dropping some 9/11 truth bombs wow.
>>
>>1721411
basedlot
>>
>>1721411
>clickbait
No, that's just how you get views on youtube. The videos are very good. He's a professional pilot and captain and knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>1721569
>The videos are very good. He's a professional pilot and captain and knows what he's talking about.
Too bad we will never know because we don't reward clickbait thumbs with retarded faces.
Imagine how your algorithm will fill up. Yuck
>>
Where do i go if i want to leave aviation, specifically piloting? I’m tired of the grind and want a more normal life. ATP with a bachelor’s degree but no experience outside of being a pilot/instructor. More specifically where can I make comparable money to being a regional airline Captain of ~$75k/year?
>>
>>1708609
>10,000 dollaridoos
>240px x 128px
>Don't forget your $400 annual sub for database updates
>And the $100 SD card reader
>>
>>1722276
iPad, external WAAS GPS or AHRS+GPS, a foreflight sub, and a suction cup mount
>>
>>1722283
Australia mandates fitted TSO c129 (or better) GNSS receivers for all aircraft that want to operate IFR even privately
>>
>>1722276
Luv the GNS430. Simple as.
>>
>>1722294
>Australia
Found your problem cunt
>>
>>1721447
don't hate the player, hate the game. youtube basically requires you to have retarded thumbnails, you'll literally get 2x views with them.

also the dude now makes more money off youtube than flying, so he needs those views
>>
>>1721955
>>1721955
Sell your body on the streets.

Spoiled pilots who thing working at a regional airline is a "grind" make me laugh.
>>
>>1722837
Do they really only make 75k a year like McGimpy says?
>>
>>1722853
Yes. 75k isn't exactly paupers wages, why do you say "only"? It's not like being a regional captain is the peak of an average career.
>>
>>1722856
It just seems very low for any kind of 'educated' work, I believe a teacher or a garbage man makes more. I don't see that much of a difference in other markets between 'regional' and 'major' airline but I believe there is an internal ranking system in u.s. based on the fact only 3 parties control the entire market.

The entire gig seems like getting a regional to eventually step up to something that actually has a decent wage but is being gatekept and you just suck it up till then. EU markets would have an entry level of 120k dollars but a less exponential curve that isn't based on seniority, unless it was grandfathered in at a specific company.
>>
flying wing aircraft for private ownership
>>
File: Fun Times.png (2.05 MB, 1844x737)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
Anyone have interesting X-Country flight stories?

Pic related is when we had to ferry an aircraft while I was working for an aerial survey company (702)
>>
>>1722276
Can you get them second-hand?
>>
>>1722837
Seriously. LOL at these regional pilots living on base working 4 on 3 off (ish) schedules having the nerve to complain. There's thousands of pilots working their first corporate job catering the airplane, cleaning the airplane, throwing bags etc 6 days a week for less than 50k. If you commute that was your decision, if you're on reserve then grow up, it will be over soon.

Fucking hate being put on a trip with pilots who's only personality trait is to bitch about how miserable their life is and how much they hate the company.
>>
>>1722866
A lot of wrong assumptions in this post.

>just seems very low for any kind of 'educated' work, I believe a teacher or a garbage man makes more.

The median household income is about what a regional captain makes by himself. Garbage men and teachers are making 50k on the high end. That's what a year one regional FO makes.

>I believe there is an internal ranking system in u.s. based on the fact only 3 parties control the entire market.

That's not true either. There are plenty of LCC, ULCC, and even other mainline fleets out there other than the big 3.

>The entire gig seems like getting a regional to eventually step up to something that actually has a decent wage but is being gatekept and you just suck it up till then.

Only partly true. Regional airline wages are much better than what they were a decade ago. You're also not considering the fact that there is a very standard career progression out of the regionals. I'm not defending having separate pilot groups. It's ridiculous that the pay is so different for the exact same job.

>EU markets would have an entry level of 120k dollars but a less exponential curve that isn't based on seniority, unless it was grandfathered in at a specific company.

That is not true. Go see what a ryanair FO makes.
>>
>>1723045
Looks fun, on what airframe did you flew?
>>
>>1723257
Ryanair is former U.K. that left the EU and then switched back to a holding company, those pilots are self-employed in their own company structure giving them extra tax deductable with the ratings paid for by the employer.
75k is low.
>>
File: kek.png (10 KB, 650x650)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1723268
It was a Navajoke with a few upgrades, was really nice, when it worked, kek
>>
File: 42ej41.jpg (76 KB, 750x752)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>
>>1723391
Just go up in the tower and fondle her after parking at the ramp
>>
>>1722283
>>1722294
Same with the FAA. Rule of thumb is if it isn't panel mounted it isn't legal. Not trying to say its sub par though because foreflight/garmin pilot are just as good at this point its just the autism from the FAA and the aussie aviation people
>>
>>1723045
One time I was going on a XC from Daytona to Islip New York. I was flying the SID out of Richmond Virginia when a 737 declared an emergency. Turns out it was a prison plane loaded with convicts and one had collapsed. The pilot seemed to not give a fuck about this guy (For obvious reasons) and goes on to ask for an ambulance and whatnot. ATC asks if the plane is secure
>We have 2 nurses, 16 armed guards, and everyone is chained to the floor.
I wanted to figure out what happened but ATC made me change frequency. Not super exciting but it was weird and kinda funny
>>
>>1723284
Haven't started my training (in Canada) yet, what would you consider as a best option for a first job : Multi-IFR instructor or working at the ramp -> left seat?
>>
File: 0502_Fizer_searey_01.jpg (3.35 MB, 3200x1800)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
>>1723392
what are you a retarded, you challenge the tower to a game of chicken obviously!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.