[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ihateroads.png (153 KB, 360x202)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geBQNOid_7A
Is he right?
>>
>>1707936
Everything he mentions is a problem caused by cars, not roads
>>
>>1707947
He's american. For them roads = cars.
>>
I don't know, OP. What do you think?
>>
File: 1619159823571.jpg (35 KB, 300x400)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/c/LukeSmithxyz/videos
>idiotic shitstirring clickbait with le meme face thumbnails
>>
>>1707936
American road infrastructure is retarded. Flow of traffic, size of lanes, lack of roundabouts, lack of sidewalks and bike lanes as well as the low skill entry for drivers making people drive the speed limit or below in the fast lanes all cause massive issues.
>>
cagers in the /g/ thread were really mad about this video. the video isn't well made and just panders to the those who already hate cars.
>>
File: 1610651206690.jpg (61 KB, 480x320)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1708200
>it's a "subway commie gets btfo on a different board and runs back to his safe space to post a circlejerk thread to make himself feel better" episode
sad
>>
>>1708205
I noticed that the thread is about another video about banning cars. weird to see reddit luke with his thinkpads taking about roads posted on /n/ and a cars are bad video on /g/
the /g/ thread is still alive for those who love shitflinging
>>>/g/83380244
>>
go shill your dumb crap somewhere else
>>
>>1708198
> American road infrastructure is retarded
The US Interstate system is unequalled and you know it. I'm with you on raising the bar for drivers, but we give iilegals drivers licenses so you can forget about that.
Florida Turnpike is the closest thing to the autobahn. It's flat, very straight, visibility is excellent. The really should remove the speed limit, no one obeys it anyway.
>>
/n/ sucks so bad now
>>
>>1708259
> How heavily is it policed?
Very lightly, from what I've seen. There's usually someone willing to go faster than you, so 10-over is no problem. I-95 is similar. Last time I drove it in central FL, even 100 in the far left wasn't enough to keep someone off my ass, so I gave up and settled for 85 on cruise control.
>>
>>1708250
>The really should remove the speed limit, no one obeys it anyway.
That's great news for the local PD. Whenever coffers are running low they can just head down to the 'pike and pull over a couple dozen cars.
>>
>>1708250
>The US Interstate system is unequalled and you know it
Doesn't seem any better than the highway network in Europe.
>>
>>1707936
>Is he right?
The fucker told me to buy a domain from epik and now see where that has led. I'm not listening to any of his shit takes
>>
Yes
>>
>>1707947
Yeah. Plus his whole argument gets BTFO by the existence of sidewalks
>>
>>1708198
>Flow of traffic, size of lanes, lack of roundabouts, lack of sidewalks and bike lanes as well as the low skill entry for drivers making people drive the speed limit or below in the fast lanes all cause massive issues.

none of this is true lol. Europoors are truly out of touch.
>>
>>1708198
>lack of sidewalks
Perfectly fine for a road. They aren't in cities, pedestrians shouldn't be walking in a freeway where vehicles are doing 100+ kilometers
>>
>>1708098
Why can't he advocate for decentralization, open source in a normal sensible way? Probably because it makes him a brand with /g/ays. He has to appeal to that certain zoomer demographic which frogposts and divides the world into two camps. Disgusting, this situation.
Whatever, as long as it gets the message out.
>>
>>1712554
Plenty of burbs don't have sidewalks and you know it
>>
>>1712566
I grew up in a subdivision without sidewalks and it was unironically never an issue. You walk on the street which is normally 25 or 30 mph and has sporadic traffic, you move to the side and the cars will move over for you. Literally zero close calls.
>>
>>1712595
>unironically never an issue
Because you were young and non disabled.
Without sidewalks it can be impossible for many people to get around. There literally should be sidewalks built next to every single road.
The separate infrastructure would allow either pedestrians or other slower vehicles like bikes to go everywhere
>>
>>1712812
>Because you were young and non disabled.
Because cars exist and that's what they used. If they walked around the neighborhood it was the same story as above, they stayed to the right and the few cars that came though moved over for them. There is no reason for every street in a subdivision to have a sidewalk.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.