[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1627407420608.jpg (164 KB, 868x1228)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
What cycling anime and manga would you recommend?
>>
windbreaker is stupid as shit, with copy pasted shots traced from fashion magazines, nonsensical racing (wow he sprinted while sprinting! woah no way he sprinted while sprinting while sprinting!), cardboard characters that the author doesn’t know what to do with after introducing them to the point he made it a running 4th wall breaking gag, fixiefaggotry where every noteworthy character rides a fixie and fixies are faster under all circumstances than geared bikes for no reason while running <4 ratios (in one instance a 3.6 is a large increase). and obviously in the fuckawful mobile format

the bikes are pretty as fuck, though, even if they’re a tertiary element at best
>>
>>1691852
Golden Boy
>>
>>1691852
Nasu Summer in Andulasia is pretty awesome

the director worked on Nausiaa, Angels Egg, Castle in the Sky, Royal Space Force Honneamise, Grave of the Fireflies, Akira, Yawara!, Pom Poko, Whisper of the Heart, Mononoke, Spirited Away, Monster, Howls Moving Castle, Ponyo, Poppy Hill and Wind Rises.
>>
>>1691880
Golden boy is not a cycling manga, it’s an episodic temp job ecchi manga where the protag is shown riding a bike away from the job on one page per chapter
that’s like calling dragon ball a driving manga because toriyama likes drawing cars
>>
Yowamushi pedal is ok I guess
The princess song is good for keeping your cadence right
>>
>>1691963
there’s a song to keep me cycling at 100rpm?
>>
>>1691954
This autist knows his anime. Irrespective, Golden Boy is hilarious.
>>
>>1692068
yeah just watch golden boy anyway it's pretty good
>>
>>1691970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1z9oNZbJU
>>
>>1692103
Also note the song is at 170 BPM
Wich means that if you do a full rotation every two beats you are going at 85 rpm. Not extreme but good for cardio I guess.
>>
>>1691852
yowa
nasu
long riders
minami
>>
File: weak.jpg (114 KB, 1152x649)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
The only good cycling anime are the two Nasu films and the short animation Hill Climb Girl.

Yowamushi Pedal and Overdrive are mediocre "sports" anime with road racers as their protagonists. Season one of Yowapeda is actually pretty decent but after that the pacing is horrible, OD is just pure shite. Longriders and Minami Kamakura are mediocre CGDCT shows - LR has terrible production quality, and MK is terribly disjointed but does have a few good moments. Golden Boy features some great scenes that feature a mountain bike but it isn't really about cycling as others have mentioned. For some other honorable mentions, Honey and Clover includes a character who goes on a long bike tour across Japan, road cycling features briefly in an episode of Tatami Galaxy, and more recently Super Cub featured an exceptionally well rendered Moulton.
>>
>>1691852
Windbreaker is fun to an extent. Dom, the gang fights and bullshit training techniques kinda mess it up for me though. Oh and it seems 90% of the riders are on some experimental EPO for a small time tournament.
>>
File: cycle-yarou-53431.jpg (60 KB, 320x500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Cycle Yarou
>>
>>1692206
Dom’s arc was all cycling, so it’s fine, but everything to do with Minu was a disaster, he shouldn’t have even been a character. The whatshisname guy is such a non-character I have no idea why he’s even in the team and Shelly’s done literally nothing besides everyone wanting to fuck her. The main dude, Dom, and the red hair guy should have been the whole team, with the rest of the friends being supporting characters.
>>
>>1692205
Try speaking in english so everyone around you can understand you.
The shit you threw together in your post is the verbal equivalent of diarrhea.
>>
>>1692342
anime nerd language is the only language to speak about anime in
>>
>>1692342
retard
>>
>>1691970
ろん -「おちゃめ機能」FUKKIRETA X9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbuVW1QbX1k
good for jogging @ a steady 15 kph to cover 2.5 km every 10 minutes
>>
noririn is a good unpretentious manga. a pity that it is not fully translated
>>
File: Volume_1.png (2.78 MB, 1113x1600)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>1692205
Yowamushi Pedal's timing really is something else. If I remember correctly there's like 40 + episodes to depict a 3-day race. That must be the lowest screen-time/story-time ratio in anime history. It's too bad they messed everything up after a good setup.

And then there's all the shitty antagonists they kept adding, each worst and more annoying than the previous one.

Long rider is nice though, it's a third rate show, but it's comfy to watch.
>>
>>1695260
I just finished watching yowamushi pedal anime, and I fast forwarded like 70% of most of the episodes. I didnt fucking care why any of the rival team wanted to wind. I mean everyone wants to win I dont need a fucking weird backstory to know that.

How would you have fixed Yowamushi after the first season (wich is quite good)?
For me interhigh needed to be shorter, More focus on team tactics and maybe recreate scenes from real sport events but with the students instead (slam dunk did this beautifully).

I would have loved to see the small monkey struggling witha full professional sport team environment like they did with capeta or "tom the star of the giant".
>>
I wish Masaaki Yuasa made a cycling anime
>>
>>1695265
>How would you have fixed Yowamushi
I think that's pretty simple: just cut the number of planned episodes in half. Both the racing and character development are important to the appeal of the franchise, and both really suffered by being stretched out to fill a set number of TV broadcast slots.
>>
>>1695265
>I didnt fucking care why any of the rival team wanted to wind. I mean everyone wants to win I dont need a fucking weird backstory to know that.
Windbreaker is even worse
>rival team loses
>shows you a picture of a dead duckling
>>
>>1695324
I bet you're fun on parties.
>>
>>1695423
I’m fun everywhere, you low grade faggot
>>
>>1691898
goodmovie and cool setting too.

>>1691880
hilarious anime -- not even mad that you recommended this and it's not even really a cycling anime though our main hero does ride his bike hard. The intro always gets me pumped.
>>
Just found a new one called tabi gyaru, it’s about a bimbo that sets on a trip with a city bike, gets rekt and then is introduced to the joys of a road bike.
>>
>>1695577
I could get into that. not into anime at all but anything that teaches the evils of the dutch karen cult is alright in my book
>>
>>1695583
it starts with her crashing and a mechanic telling her a city bike is bad for her back on long trips and road bikes are better
>>
>>1695586
I think all bikes are bad four your back on long trips. Except maybe recumbents.
>>
>>1691870
...wind breaker?

As in, breaking wind?
>>
>>1695614
yeah, it’s about a guy who wants to be a pro but he’s like the male male version of that chick from dna2 that farts when she’s near a boy she likes, except he does it when he’s in the peloton
he trains hard to be able to ride on his own so he can avoid farting, and gets retardedly fast and recruited into a team trying to win an amateur race and go pro, but they soon realize there’s no way they can win without riding together as a group, so it becomes this whole thing where he’s in a catch 22 because he either refuses and loses his new friends or agrees and disgusts them and loses them anyway
>>
>>1695624
anon-san you wouldn't be telling lies on the internet now would you
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/834956/6e79ea2d62/
>>
File: 1622450063279.webm (2.22 MB, 960x720)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB WEBM
holy shit. thanks guys, Nasu is absolutely amazing
>>
File: 1606703618090.jpg (69 KB, 960x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1698251
10/10
>>
File: img.jpg (13 KB, 192x334)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>1691852
What did the artist mean by this
>>
>>1698335
wired speedometer?
>>
>>1698335
spiral wound bowden cable
also his bike is phasing in and out of euclidean space
>>
>>1691852
I didn't know those even existed
>>
>>1691852
bump because even the worst anime is better than the NUMTOT screeching
>>
>>1691852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVd3MQFY2dM
>>
>>1698251
>>1691898
The sequel is great too.
>>
>>1691852
>cycling with facediaper on
I shiggy diggy
>>
Tatami Galaxy ep 3
>>
>>1708074
Well in Japan black facemasks used to be cool before covid happened. Then americans ruined them like they ruin everything.
>>
>>1708167
Facemasks were always for ugly and insecure faggots, It just become more obvious in the past year.
>>
File: 190819_anipara07.jpg (71 KB, 720x405)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
I don't watch anime, but I saw the Animation X Paralympic Yowamushi Pedal short.
Is it representative of an ordinary episode? Or is the 5 minute run time just very good at making sure all the dialogue and action is there?
I know there was NHK doing stuff with it, and I know you all probably hate the idea of disability sports, but hey... most of the Ani X Para shorts with crossovers seemed pretty ok.
>>
>>1709401
lmao nice QUALITY they fucking forgot to draw the guy’s leg lolololol
>>
wind breaker is fucking great
not so accurate and the main is a Gary but I enjoy the story and characters. haven't read in like two years though I wonder what is like now
>>
>>1709414
>not so accurate
it’s not remotely accurate even if you can’t ride a bike, it’s 1/3 dbz 1/18 cycling and the rest is some mixture of korean urban fashion and drama

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.