[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>tfw can't even ride the subway daily without looking like an autist because I fare evade most days
>>
>fare evade but don't want to look outwardly conspicuous like op photo
>stand around outside gates waiting for person to go thru handicapped faregate because it stays open longer and i go in behind them and pretend to put subway card on reader
>stand at same point on platform so i can look into train and see if any fare checkers on it as train going by
>walk thru train to get to the same exact number car near halfway so i can see platform as i come in if any fare checkers on it
>get off train at every stop to look up and down platform to see if there are any fare checkers then get back on
lol
>>
>>1674075
>too autistic to figure out how to pay fare
I don't think you should be going out in public unsupervised.
>>
>>1674075
>pay money in taxes to build metro
>have to pay to use it
>>
>>1674078
>>fare evade but don't want to look outwardly conspicuous like op photo
>get off train at every stop to look up and down platform
>>
Why would I pay for public transport? I already pay my taxes.
>>
File: rexfeatures_1772402a.jpg (90 KB, 810x539)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1674075
Thats history in the year 2021. Today jumpers would be literally gunned down as potential suicide vest terrorists. World changes at light speed.
>>
File: demenezes3003m.jpg (55 KB, 1200x800)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1674284
tell me about it
>>
>>1674140
that one i can kind of play off though. as the train gets a little crowded it looks like im just getting off to let people on. also i will stand halfway in and out of the door and play it off like im holding the doors for people. a handful of times people are running over and get on the train and thank me lel
>>
>>1674111
>>1674132
>>1674154
exactly, its cause of how furious i am that they still let bums on the trains.

oh also i forgot one

>in the morning fare evade at home station but get off at a station thats much closer to my main exiting station and scan in there so the ride is much cheaper because at my exiting station theres an old lady ticket agent who actually calls out people from fare evading so i dont want her to tell cops to be there when i get off
>>
Public transportation would be way better if they didn't subsidize tickets. It would be cheaper AND tend to weed out undesirables at the same time.
>>
>>1674522
or, get rid of fares entirely
>>
>>1674522
There should be no tickets, the function of public transport isn't to make money. It is not supposed to be profitable, this leads to closing down lines because "nobody uses them".
>>
>>1674522
We need completely free public transportation with incentives thrown at developers to build housing /commercial just a few blocks away from every stop
>>
>>1674075
wasn't there already a thread on this? did janny have another tantrum or what?
>>
why not build a better gate?
>>
>>1674776
>building ever more complex cages to keep people out of a public area
commodification was a mistake
>>
File: MzMwODMwMA.jpg (225 KB, 1240x1332)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>1674850
No need to build physical barrirs. We can just use existing technology to filter out the undesirables and the wrong thinkers and the singles and the incels and those kinds of people. The exiting millimeter-wave broadband signal within each station can be overlaid with the whitelist of authorized users tracked via their phones. Any human-like bodies moving around in the station not tied to a known-good user is an adversary that can be neutralized with a Boston Dynamics terror dog, which would be able to roam freely due to the absence of walls.
>>
>>1674852
>wears a mask printed with the bottom of someone else's face
nothin personnel kid
>>
How does this even still happen when these exist
>>
>>1674522
this... majority of problem riders are also fare dodgers and they already cause enough problems with the paywall up.
>>1674555
every organization needs revenue to sustain itself and they would still need to close down underperforming lines in a free system. there is a reason free transit is as good as non existent with the exception of one wealthy micronation.
>>
>>1676092
fare evasion is ghetto culture
preventing it is racist
>>
>>1674381
>dont have to pay for public parks
>dont have to pay for firefighters
>dont have to pay for police
>dont have to pay for libraries
>have to pay a fare for some fat highschool drop-out to drive me 5 miles
>>
>>1674284
I can't tell if you're joking but that just wouldn't happen. At worst they'd be tazed but it shouldn't come to that.
>>
>>1676089
>misses the point entirely
You better change the way you carry yourself every time you see a camera, lol
>>
>>1679891
>parks
Imagine having to pay for getting into a barrly mantained place
>firefighters, police, library
You do pay for them lol
>>
>>1679891
you do pay for those, it's called taxes
if you also want "free transport" then you pay more taxes
>>
>>1674332
rip king
>>
>>1680305
>he thinks security cameras are actually monitored
kek
>>
>>1674132
It turns out that things cost to build and also cost to maintain.
>pay for car
>pay for fuel to use it
I hope this is bait
>>
File: Untitled.gif (79 KB, 536x536)
79 KB
79 KB GIF
>>1676092
Looks pretty useless, to me.
>>
>>1680301
see>>1674332
>>
the cost to ride the subway is so cheap, I don't get some people. at least we aren't cucks like in places like Texas, not only do they have to pay for the gas in their car, they have to pay tolls to drive on most of their highways. Went to Houston, had to rent a car because the only way to get to the airport is on a tollway, and then the rental car agency is billing me $50 administration fee for having done that. Bitch, it was the only way I could get you the car back!
>>
File: 1621174845598.jpg (185 KB, 1124x1289)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>1683068
yeah i can't imagine why someone wouldn't just walk 20 minutes to the next station hoping the machines aren't down there too
>>
>>1683072
>berg
>>
>too retarded to charge metro card
>too retarded to carry cash at all times
>"welp, guess I'll just steal me some transportation"
hail hail freedonia
>>
>>1683072
is twitter always this passive aggressive? let the man have his bullshit story
>>
>>1684227
using cash is socially irresponsible, anon.
>>
File: mta.png (234 KB, 1272x960)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>1684231
not always, but the president of the MTA doesn't like it when people call out things that are broken
>>
File: 1530220161247.png (133 KB, 827x573)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>he pays fares
>>
>>1674284
Please, they wouldn't even be able to use the video camera photo's as evidence because it would be 'racist'. If you're white you'll probably get f*cked over though.
Not even kidding or starting /pol, they won't release footage and they even banned the term 'black fare/schwarzfahren/zwart rijden' because it would be deemed to stereotyping and insensitive.
If you have the slightest tan they won't come near you and you can just move on.
>>
>>1680419
Yes they are
By computers, computer who can ID you by the way you walk.
And if they associate your ID with an alarm, you will have guards on top of you.
>>
>>1676092
Can't, you need to be able to jump over it or crawl under it in case of emergency or technical failure. Fire, shooting, flooding, metro crash, whatever, people need to be able to evacuate quickly for safety regulations.
>>
>>1684606
>open the fence gates nexto to it
fixed
>>
>>1684607
They have those too, but A. might not be enough if ALL people start running. B. technical failure.
Who opens the gates when power falls out because of X reasons? Or when the security guy next to the gate gets shot/stabbed or faint from smoke or whatever?
Everyone needs to be able to get out or in without external action opening something.
>>
File: gate.jpg (201 KB, 1300x953)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>1684608
>Fence gate
>Power
>>
>>1684610
You're looking for nonexistant problems
By your logic emergency exit doors are the worst thing ever to happen
>>
>>1684612
>By your logic emergency exit doors are the worst thing ever to happen
This is not remotely what I said, i'm simply responding as to why you're not allowed to make a subway entrance you can't easily get through.
Legally mandated safety precautions all over the world and totally understandable.
>>
>>1684611
So just leave the fence gate open and without a lock then? Not really useful then isn't it?
>>
>>1674075
>tfw you are German and public transit practically never uses turnstiles here and instead just has persons checking your ticket on the train every-once in a while
>>
>>1684619
That's what happens when public transportation is government owned and tax paid. It makes zero difference to them, also the easiest way to avoid negative press about the new fachkräften.
>>
>>1684619
>just has persons checking your ticket on the train every-once in a while
Horrendously outdated.
Modern pass should be app on the smartphone linked to the big data. With all Al cameras it would be no problem to track people with no working paid pb pass and point them for police.
Modern, effective, non invasive, easygoing.
>>
>>1684617
you leave the fence gate closed with a solenoid that opens when power fails/you hit an emergency switch.
It's not that fucking hard to figure out, you can even use the same technology to make it open automatically.
>>
>>1684619
and this why europeanistanis will never get rid of terrorist in their land.

>>1684626
>>1674852
Absolutely based. I wish there were more patriots like you. Unfortunately the modern debate is just pozzed with terrorist dog whistles such as "privacy" and "Orwelian". How many innocent civilians will have to die from terrorists to implement those common sense policies...
>>
>>1684626
>>1684693
very low effort b8. back to /pol/ with you now... shoo!
>>
>>1684693
>How many innocent civilians will have to die from terrorists to implement those common sense policies.
I can assure you all of those are implented and functional, they just don't want to use them on a common citizen for a $5 fair ticket.
>>
>>1684694
>>1684699
C'mon, luddites. You know this is best system from the law abiding passenger POV. You just install app, link credit card, and IRS done. You would never ever need to care about paying, buying tickets on time, not forgetting them at home etc etc. Stations can remove turnstiles, making entrances wider a d more friendly.
And from needed infrastructure it's already in place, cameras are everywhere and everyone has smartphones. You just need to link them to servers running billing software.
This is example of technology really making peoples life easier and more enjoyable.
>>
>>1684742
Only works if you believe the government has your best interest at heart, which is a very long stretch.
>>
>>1684699
The facts in the early of this year remind us that those measures are NOT sufficient. Terrorist aimed directly at the heart of Democracy and secret services were not able to prevent it. The War on Terror never ended. The terrorists of any political colour want the destruction of Freedom and Democracy. We have learned that the power given to the intelligence services weren't enough to stop terrorism.
>>
File: 12312312.jpg (52 KB, 604x454)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1684744
>if you believe the government has your best interest at heart
Its basic assumption, isn't it?
Otherwise you shouldn't pay taxes but kill taxmen on sight.
>>
>>1684806
fuck off with your false dichotomy jesus
>>
File: 0890879.jpg (56 KB, 660x746)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1684808
not an argument
>>
>>1684811
not trying to make one
>>
>>1684619
>instead just has persons checking your ticket on the train every-once in a while
OP here, cant believe this thread is still alive but thats why i get off the train at every stop to look if those guys are getting on.
>>
OP here
>yesterday morning, guy confronts me when I'm standing outside gates in morning waiting to sneak thru one of them
>got nervous cause he's a younger mexican guy thought he was gonna rob me
>hey man, where do you work, what do you do for work?
>what? why do you need to know?
>cause how come you never pay for a ticket
>huh?
>every morning, you never pay for a ticket, why?
>what business is that of yours?
>cause man, its not right to not pay for a ticket every day
>tell him "hey man i agree, but why dont you ask the filthy bums, drug users, and groups of kids who try to steal peoples phones and shit why they dont pay, or ask the station agents who let them in why they dont make them pay"
>he gets the idea and leaves

first and only time this has ever happened, wodner if he'll confront me again
>>
>>1684231
Twitter is the worst social media site and it's not even close
>>
>>1688840
It's pretty obvious why a bum or junkie would skip fare. But why do you? Particularly if you agree that it's not right. What do you do for work? You do have work and an income, right?
By deflecting like this you are implying that you are such a lowlife that even bums, junkies and pickpockets are to be held accountable before you are.
>>
>>1676159
>every organization needs revenue to sustain itself
Not necessarily. There's not much difference between being subsidised by the state to keep prices low and being completely state funded with no other income.
The BBC, for instance, is paid for by income generated by taxes and the TV license. Why not do the same for public transport? That way you're not losing any potential income to shareholders that could be used for real investment and development.
Profits are a mistake.
>>
>>1688904
>Why not do the same for public transport?
Because that you require raising taxes? And good luck getting Americans to agree with that.
>>
>>1688840
congratulations anon you've sunk to diversity youth level

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.