[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: thomas.jpg (183 KB, 781x628)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Any TTTE/Railway Series autists on here?
>>
>>1662470
Many of us for sure but I've had no real way to express it since the show went to crap again.
>>
File: -315957497.gif (773 KB, 384x288)
773 KB
773 KB GIF
>>1662470
The books are the ultimate kino. So much lore. The model series is great too, until HiT took over.
>>
File: James.gif (911 KB, 280x210)
911 KB
911 KB GIF
>>1662673
>>1662712
Show never recovered after season 7.
>>
>>1662470
The Railways Series is incredibly based. The classic series is also incredibly based (seasons 1, 2, and 4 are my favorites out of those). You just can't go wrong with them. Too bad the series went down the shitter starting with the HIT era.
>>
>>1662470
>>1663404
Railway Series autists must kneel before the History of Sodor and its Peoplechads
>tfw remembering the battle of Crovan's Gate
>>
>tfw still remember A Day Out With Thomas replica engine being coupled up to a prototype Amtrak Cascades trainsets (it was still painted blue and grey)
>tfw remember getting an apple juice with my mom inside the dining car
>>
File: -1245966360.jpg (61 KB, 768x576)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1663728
What the hell is that pic?
>>
>>1662470
>>
>>1663738

You've never seen a barefoot and pregnant Anne Frank before?
>>
>>1662879
Eh, it hit a local max in Seasons 17-21, then nosedived when Edward was written off permanently
Brenner Era ain't got shit on Allcroft Era tho
>tfw Brenner adapts Small Railway Engines but not Mountain Engines
>>
>>1663738
Autism>>1
>>
>>1662470
Feel like these should be posted here

High-quality scans of illustrations from Rev. Wilbert Awdry's Railway Series books courtesy of The Unlucky Tug:
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pfPIQ9KTbk8FrXRhUFtREz3g4S37x-fH
and full series/season DVD rips courtesy of Oliver11GWR on Twitter:
>https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_pCOqDZc0ludEtYUHc2VkNfdzg
>>
>>1664336
Absolutely based. I love the classic series the most. Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are probably my favorites out of the classic series. Seasons 1 and 2 have a beautifully amateurish charm to them. Season 4 has the motherfucking narrow gauge stuff. Loved those episodes.
>>
for me it's stories of sodor
>>
>>1664938
All of my favourite fanworks seem to be in a state of permanent hiatus so I guess I'll have to fall down this rabbit hole someday. Shitposting aside the sheer amount of Content Tanzig produces and his commitment to it legit impresses me.
>>
Remember when Thomas was a locomotive and not a self-insert for retarded toddlers LARPing as a locomotive?
>>
>>1664336
>remastered
>restored
What's the difference?
>>
>>1665594
Fuck if I know. Ask him yourself
>>
>>
File: 250[1].jpg (17 KB, 250x268)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1666778
Also had a bunch of these trains. I remember that I could make a long 2 dot wide lego brick wall and it would roll smoothly like on a trian track.
>>
>>1666778
I remember this, was a comfy show.
>>
>>1665425
>a self-insert for retarded toddlers LARPing as a locomotive?
Links? In the mood for some lolz
>>
>>1669194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ES0LxzDpKk
>>
File: 1995OliverBox.png (1.49 MB, 1000x1040)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
Odd video I found on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3CKyUmsikk

>>1666779
high tier package art
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (134 KB, 1090x1600)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>
>>1671580
huh
>>
>>1668078
I'm still amazed he came back for a cameo in the fan parody of Magic Railroad. Apparently he did it simply because Allcroft didn't put him in the real movie.
>>
>>1663440
And model series autists must bow down before the REAL model chads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCImCoCrZec

It's amazing that Awdry's original models are still around, and well taken care of.
>>
>>1672185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfdJz18Kqs
>>
Yeaahhhh bbboooiiiii
>>
File: 1487911061927.png (567 KB, 1000x2000)
567 KB
567 KB PNG
>>
>>1662470
Do yourself a favour. Never go on twatter and join the TTTE fandom. If you think 4channelers are turbo autists, these people are even worse.
>>
>>1672282
Checked that out a while ago and yeah there's a lot of autism plus they even have "toxic member drama" and all that. Unlucky Tug is probably the only good one. Train Boy was cool but he did a face reveal and now half of his content is just vlogging.
>>
>>1672282
>>1672284
Holy shit I just found this
https://twitter.com/ThomasNormTweet
>>
>>1672284
Yeah, I watch Tug and used to watch trainboy, but he just looks like a fuckboy and can't stand him.
>>
>>1672284
>Unlucky Tug is probably the only good one.
Agreed. Need more Tug's Trains in my life. I wanna see how he managed to extend the wheelbase of his James model
>>
>>1672316
I don't like how Tug's merged the Allcroft and Hit model era together in his timeline video. Why is CGI HIT thomas a different canon than Model Series HIT? Cause of the animation style? That's arbitrary.
>>
>>1672282
>twitter
>fandom

neck yourself virgin
>>
>>1672357
Before or after I tell your mother how much I love her?
>>
>>1662470
One thing I don't get about post-S4 TTTE, brendam docks being a central location for all the engines like the big station, even though it's on Edward's branch line, which has been stated in Wrong Road that the larger main line engines do not belong on there, due to their weight and the fact that it isn't apart of their route. Doesn't make any sense. Season 5 is a good season but does a lot of shit that would piss off Awdry, not to the extent that Hit/BWBA/reboot would, but still a lot.
>>
>>1672282
better yet don't use twitter at all, absolute garbage heap of a site
>>
>>1672901
Hell, they BARELY got away with Henry's Forest
>>
How many engines does the Fat Controller need? The TV show has so much garbage merch shill characters.
>>
>>1674001
Not defending the TV series, and it's copious amounts of OC Donut Steel Engines, but Awdry's own lore book states that the Island of Sodor has around 80 Locomotives as of the 1980's. This doesn't include the Narrow Gauge or Culdee Fell locos since those railways have different owners.
>>
File: island of sodor.png (225 KB, 1200x883)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>1674002
Damn that's a lot. the NWR must have a thriving source of economy if it needs 63 other engines plus the named 17 ones in the books.
>>
>>1674046
Well, you gotta add in the 4 other characters from the Chris Awdry books; Wilbert, Barry, Pip & Emma
So there's 21 featured in the books
>>
>>1662470
bump
>>
>>1674623
The ultimate tragedy of the TV show's existence is that we lost more world building in the Chris books because publishers wanted him to push more Thomas content
>>
>>1676099
on a BBC interview in 1988, Terry Wogan kept asking him about the success of Thomas, and what made him so popular as a character, but Awdry responded by talking about Gordon instead kek. Thomas was never the most important part of the books. The title was changed to TTTE and friends for better branding, but the early tv show was never about Thomas only either, until greed took over. Now, it all has to be about Thomas now. Fuck Thomas. The TV show has way more characters than necessary, and somehow Thomas still hogs all the spotlight.
>>
>>1676169
I meant the Reverend Awdry was interviewed, not his son btw.
>>
>>1668078
Why wasn't he in anything else? I could see him in something like Full House, or King of Queens.
>>
>>1674001
Neither the TV series nor the books approached the electrics on the Peel Godred branch.

There were also the dozen-or-so shown in the shed in the first book, never named. Then there's the 'Works Diesel' from one of the Chris Awdry books.

Honestly, if we assume that each major terminus has some sort of loco facilities, there's probably a half dozen at least at each shed.

I forgot, who ran Kirk Ronan?
>>
>>1676182
No one. In season 5, the main line engines used it for some reason. It hasn't appeared in the books.
>>
File: 20131027_011304.jpg (473 KB, 1475x1142)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>
>>1676684
Even though it was never really featured in the books, Kirk Ronan was run by Sir Topham Hatt, since it's a branch of the North Western. The only lines on Sodor not run by Hatt are the Culdee Fell, the Skarloey, the defunct Mid-Sodor, and the Arlesdale
>>
>>1676169
>on a BBC interview in 1988, Terry Wogan kept asking him about the success of Thomas, and what made him so popular as a character, but Awdry responded by talking about Gordon instead kek
Because, as The Unlucky Tug stated in his Sodor's Finest series, the series features an ensemble cast but Gordon gradually filled the protagonist role, which Chris brought to a close with Gordon humbly retiring from pulling the Wild Nor' Wester, upon which it was taken over by Pip & Emma and extended from Barrow to Euston via Lancaster, Crewe, and Milton Keynes
>>
I hate how any Awdry steam engine after Toby is treated as non-canon side character. Even when they returned, Duck, Donald, Douglas and Oliver are treated as light fan service at best in Brenner era. Then forgotten about again for BWBA dogshit. How in the hell does Diesel get so much attention when he was just a one-off character in Duck's own book while Duck got sidelined for good?
>>
>>1677749
I know that Diesel is an actual surname, but it's pretty funny that's all he's ever gone by.
>>
>>1677901
It's like the railway equivalent of being named "Guy"
>>
>>1678315
Awdry probably didn't give him a legit name to make him less personable to kids since diesels are gay.
>>
Why do people add in the BWBA OCs in their trainz fan videos? I can barely stomach the HiT OCs.
>>
>>1677901
It makes sense though. Most shunters never got names irl. If he somehow stayed on Sodor I'm sure he would've gotten a name like Bear did.
>>
>>1678316
Except Mavis, Mavis is cool.
>>
>>1678977
And Boco. Boco is a based diesel.
>>
File: boco.png (389 KB, 594x552)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>1679468
Speaking of based BoCo
https://twitter.com/Expl_Cookie/status/1412384787604639747

And yes, that is literally the model Awdry owned. It's not a fan mockup
>>
>>1679515
No way. One thing I tend to collect are Hornby Dublo/Wrenn locos, and now I want to add this thing to my collection.
>>
I'd think something like the Frank wooden train would sell for more since it's old and probably didn't sell well due to him not appearing in the TV show, but I guess that isn't the case.

Thumper is surprisingly cheap as well.
>>
>>1662879
How exactly did the show nosedive after season 7?
>t. only ever saw reruns of the first few seasons as a kid over 15 years ago.
>>
TTTE tabletop rpg when?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1B-maHvRQKLqO7Og40A6Ag
Is this guy one of you?
>>
>>1679991
It was pretty much a soft reboot, the soul of the show was already waning once they stopped adapting the Rev's Railway Series books, but it still had David Mitton and Allcroft on it. But once they left too and Thomas was sold to HiT entertainment, the show was dumbed down from a children's story that never talked down to its audience, to a generic pre-school show aimed with the expectation of getting drooling children to buy toys. No longer did the show have the passion of Awdry's stories, or Mitton's direction/style or the original music composition of Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell.

It was a shadow of its former self, and looking back on it, people are a lot more forgiving because of BWBA and the hard reboot, even though it was the start of a soulless merchandising show that only cared about toddler's wallets, instead of entertaining them with stories about a functioning railway on an island full of working trains. Not to mention they chopped off every one of Awdry's characters lbar the main seven and some narrow gauge engines, the ones they did keep turned into caricatures.
>>
>>1680082
I will if you will.
>>
>>1666779
ERTL's models are the shit, I don't even care for Thomas but I still buy these fuckers. Completely compatible with HO rails too.
>>
>>1680299
I still have my collection, many are chipped/damanged but I'm hoping to offload it to an interested fan.
>>
>>1680590
I still have all my old Wooden Railway trains. Planning on handing them down to either my children or my sister's
>>
File: 1626014055639.png (1.55 MB, 1132x732)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
New thomas wood line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYb9IxO70M
>>
>>1681107
Soulless as hell
>>
>>1671580
>Excuse me sir, you are wanted on the telephone
>Bother that telephone
>It's the ORR
>Bother the ORR
>Sir, they sound quite an-
>Bother the mainland
>>
>>1681131
at least the tender engines are of proper length
>>
>>1672282
What's your @?
>>
>>1676182
There'd also be multiple pilot engines at the big stations. Probably gronks
>>
>>1676182
The Peel Godred Branch isn't even electrified in the show. It appears, but not electrification is present
>>
>>1674623
>Wilbert
Wilbert was a visiting engine like Stepney was because irl the loco was named after Awdry.
>Barry
Debatably canon since his book was cancelled.
>>
>>1674623
>>1681887
If you consider Barry canon you might as well consider the austerity saddletank Fat Cont was planning to buy after Wilbert went home canon too. The Rev was even working on a model of it as a spare engine for his Ffarquhar layout.
>>
>>1662470
bump
>>
Can we talk TUGS in this thread too? In which case, on what fucking planet was Bluenose 'right in his way' as that end narration describes.
>>
File: Tugs_Ten_Cents.jpg (59 KB, 981x756)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>1685311
TUGS is welcome
More of TUGS is never a bad thing
>>
Favorite Episodes of each season?
S1: The Flying Kipper (Night time wintery scenery kino)
S2. A Close Shave (Duck triumphing over Diesel)
S3: Escape (intro to Oliver and the concept of dieselization threatening steam)
S4. Fish (Kipper kino again)
S5. James and the Trouble with Trees (Dont know, but this episode always felt nice to watch)
S6. Edward the Really Useful Engine (Edward proves his worth once again)
S7. Snow Engine (Last time we see Oliver, comfy snow-themed episode)

>>1685311
Tugs is welcome.
>>
Bored so I'm gonna rank seasons

1. Season 2 - Best collection of episodes, a lot of good Edward episodes, arrival of Duck and the Twins, Ffarquhar branch episodes (last time we will ever see Thomas consistently sleep and work on his branch line)
2. Season 1 - Classic
3. Season 4 - Narrow Gauge world building, Stepney episodes, Toad Stands By
4. Season 3 - Comfy atmosphere throughout, even if Allcroft and Mitton wrote a lot of stand alone Thomas episodes.
5. Season 5 - Good crashes, and suspenseful tone
6. Season 6 - Decent episodes
7. Season 7 - Least interesting, but better than HiT. Above Brenner cause model > cgi
8. Brenner Era Seasons - some good ones, a lot of hit and misses. Awdry engines felt forced, like "hey remember them? ok thats enough, back to our OCs" except Daisy, who had a lot of episodes for some reason.
150. SHiT - Generic pre-school garbage. Bland music, formulaic writing, shedding its continuity (like the Little Western engines, everyone goes to Brendam docks for some reason, branch lines dont exist anymore, Skarloey is a fucking 100 year old toddler)
1600000. BBWBA - Utter garbage
10000000. Reboot - Literal garbage
>>
>>1686665
S1: Either Sad Story/Edward, Gordon and Henry (I think that 2 parter opened a VHS of mine so it's burnt in to my brain), The Flying Kipper for the reason you said or Down the Mine, sldofor it's evocative scenery.

S2: Wrong Road because it's funny.

S3: All At Sea

S4: Granpuff/Sleeping Beauty

S5: I've watched eps from this season the most so ask me later.

S6: Not sure, for less generous reasons.

S7: Fergus Breaks the Rules

I have a couple episodes from the later seasons I'm fond of but I'm too tired to remind myself right now. But man did the model work take dip as Mitton moved away.
>>
>>1686892
Yeah, season 6 and 7 were lower in quality due to Allcroft's leave and Mitton losing control to SHiT. Still better than HIT's full seasons though. Season 5 took a different turn but at least it was well-made and interesting in its own right. Season 7 had a lot of reused stock footage.

Makes me wonder why Allcroft wanted to make a movie and potentially sabotage the series if it bombed, which it did. If she never had made the movie, I wonder if the series would have ended at a higher note.
>>
>>1686665
S1: Flying Kipper: Based scenery and comfy end to the Henry arc. Great music and love the snow scenery, and the iconic crash and the stuff leading up to it is kino through and through.
S2: Edward's Exploit: Edward despite all odds succeeds in getting the passengers home. True kino and proves Edward's usefulness despite his old age.
S3: Don't really have a favorite necessarily, but Escape is a good one. Great music and love the darker tone the show starts to take (much in the same way the Railway Series did).
S4: A tie between the Duke saga and Fish. Both are incredibly based (the Duke episodes have beautiful scenery, a lovely story that all ties together nicely, etc.) and Fish is good for the same reason the first Flying Kipper episode is; kino.
S5: Lady Hatt's Birthday Party was always one I found kinda funny, especially as a little kid. A Better View For Gordon is also one I like. I don't know. Don't have one favorite from this season.
S6: Don't really have a favorite here, I feel frankly neutral about Season 6, although I liked Dunkin' Duncan and World's Strongest Engine. Narrow gauge episodes are always nice.
S7: Snow Engine is based (as far as Season 7 episodes go, anyways).
>>
File: 1366089782659.jpg (29 KB, 487x410)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
I WANT YOUR BEST THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE AND FRIENDS REACTION IMAGES
RIGHT
NOW
MOTHERFUCKER
>>
File: 1269484861919.jpg (138 KB, 420x420)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>1687044
>>
File: cfe.jpg (63 KB, 600x1182)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>
File: gordon.jpg (5 KB, 212x191)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>
>>1687043
As for my favorite seasons in the classic series, here's my ranking.

S2: Comfy as well as peak storytelling (Trevor's a fucking pedophile, though).
S1: Do I even need to say why? Not as detailed story wise as Season 2, but peak comfy and the stories are still absolutely wonderful and kino. I only put Season 2 above this because I find the stories in Season 2 to be a bit more detailed as a whole.
S4: Narrow gauge episodes. Do I even need to say more? Pure unadulterated kino (along with Fish and the Stepney episodes).
S3: Lots of good episodes, but you can kinda tell the show is starting to go downhill (feels a little more childish and episodes are not as solid in my eyes, with some extremely obvious exceptions). Great season, but not without its issues.
S5: Good season, but you can tell things are clearly going downhill at this point. Episodes are feeling more and more childish, but a lot of really good episodes (Snow, Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Bye George, etc.).
S6: Much like Season 5, but the quality seems not quite as good. None of the episodes in this season are bad, really, but Season 5 I think had better episodes.
S7: This is my least favorite of the classic seasons, as it feels more dull and you can see the HIT era rot starting to seep into it. Liked the Bulgy episode, though.
>>
File: 1604811093083.jpg (99 KB, 970x850)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Anyone remember that engine, I think it was Duncan, that got locked up and then buried under a mountain? Shit freaked me out.
>>
>>1687049
That was Duke. He was eventually found by a search party in the episode after that and restored to working order.
>>
File: blanche-monnier.jpg (108 KB, 900x600)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>1687050
Yeah but just getting shut in a room for decades. It's happened to people and they do NOT get returned to working order.
>>
>>1687044
DON'T SAY IT.
>>
>>1687052
Well, yeah, but he's a locomotive. You're not really meant to think about it too much.
>>
File: 25.1_Granpuff_1.png (1.86 MB, 1195x803)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>1687049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtsF0R00lh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atfgg0QXQVQ
>>
>>1686665
S1: The Flying Kipper - Iconic visuals
S2: Edward's Exploit - Best Railway Series story ever adapted to TV
S3: Percy's Promise - This episode gets huge props for using the models in actual water for the flood scene
S4: Granpuff & Sleeping Beauty - sucker for 2-parters, and this is one of the best. The amount of L O R E Awdry put into the Mid-Sodor is astounding considering it was released 2 years before he retired from writing
S5: Duncan Gets Spooked - spooky atmosphere perfected
S6: Jack Jumps In & A Friend In Need - The Pack are the strongest band of characters introduced in this season
S7: Gordon & Spencer - Spencer is to this season as The Pack are to S6; it's honestly surprising Spencer was created by the TV series crew and not Awdry. Unlucky Tug's right; he just fits so perfectly in-universe
>>
File: UnreleasedWoodRedesign.jpg (109 KB, 1000x573)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
not that bad, wheels are the worst part
>>
Wouldn't it be amazing if Mattel gave Lego the licensing rights for UCS-style Thomas characters, with the models as detailed as their IRL prototypes, like pic related for example?
>>
>>1691823
>models as detailed as their IRL prototypes
>Lego
What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
Anyone going to watch the History of Sodor lecture liverstream this weekend?
https://twitter.com/TalyllynRailway/status/1425392561724792836

Not gonna lie, I'm hyped. I bought premium access to the webcams so I can watch the trains all day. (Being American means I gotta wake up early to see everything though. Fuck timezones)
>>
>>1694127
I'll just watch the VOD if they put it on their YouTube channel
>>
>>1694198
If it goes VoD they'll charge money for it
>>
File: 1000[1].png (1.05 MB, 1000x704)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>1694127
Biggest takeaway from this is Awdry's model of an LNWR Bloomer Class is a canon character. Found lost in a shed, and restored by Topham. Last used in the 1975 Shildon Calvacade.
>>
>>1694198
>>1694479
Guess I'm retarded. Looks like they will put it on YT eventually.
https://twitter.com/TalyllynRailway/status/1426897183660466178

Also >>1695273 more Bloomer lore.
https://twitter.com/AwdryStudy/status/1427731197145370624
>>
This was so cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_eneFNTGk
>>
Guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARGcI9Z6VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5Gsvml0tE
>>
>>1698931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qWTPloLdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYodGa6OmVw
>>
>>1698931
>>1698945
Yep, that was just as SOULLESS as I was expecting
>>
>>1698931
>>1698945
Is all childrens programming nowadays fated to either become YT Kids shovelware or so squarely aimed at the adult 'periphery' demographic it's only labelled otherwise to give those fans plausible deniability?
>>
Not to sound like an /o/tist, but how come the road vehicles faces were so inconsistent?
>>
File: 800[1].jpg (92 KB, 800x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1699127
Different illustrators. That said, I hate cars with eyes in Thomas so much. Terrance and Bertie works because the face goes over the radiator.
>>
>>1662470
Any IE TTTE Autists ready for Novembers Day out with Thomas? It's gonna be at the Orange Empire Rail Museum
https://socalrailway.org/scrm-events/thomas/
>>
>>1698931
Oh, lord. It's like My Little Pony but really bad. They've absolutely butchered Thomas beyond recognition.
>>
File: oh god wtf.png (493 KB, 620x680)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>
>>1699698
What a terrible day to have eyes
>>
>>1699698
Wait.... who's the father? Cranky?
>>
>>1700420
Sir Topham Hatt
>>
>>1699698
Look at this dumpster fire. What have they done with Thomas the Tank Engine???
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (117 KB, 1280x720)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Fuck the new series, watch this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_eneFNTGk
>>
>>1699236
What's wrong with you faggots? I brought my 4 year old to the day out with Thomas in NJ because he loves the show and it was excruciating. Even he got bored pretty quick. Why are adults so into a children's show that you would subject yourself to something like that? Grow up losers.
>>
File: 209.jpg (53 KB, 611x481)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1698931
>inconsistencies out the wazoo
>dumb plotlines
>new characters introduced with no introduction
>most of the legacy characters either got relegated to the background status or got Thanos' out of existence
>environments feel barren and lifeless due to lack of any background activity
>blatant lying from the series director at TAAFI
>general dumb decisions
>show is being handled by people who have no idea what Thomas' identity even is
>mediocre animation
>songs are grating and poorly written
>>
>>1699236
It's in california LOL. it's CGI nu-thomas they're celebrating and events specifically designed for little kids who grew up with the cgi show. I just dont see the appeal but hey Im not stopping you if you enjoy that kind of thing. You'll stick out pretty badly among all the kids.
>>
>>1700787
meds now
>>
https://youtu.be/O-9EwY0bEj8
>>
>>>/a/
>>
File: 1563849872813.png (337 KB, 517x432)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>1687044
>>
bump
>>
File: Duke.png (1.6 MB, 1176x811)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
See this nigga? He's the best RWS character
>>
>>1663728
I took my son on a heritage rail ride cause he loves trains. I hope he remembers riding the train and having a sausage sizzle snag and not me having to tear him away from the station in tears cause it was time to go. He was only 3.
>>
File: quantumjames.jpg (20 KB, 495x388)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1687044
>>
What happens if you cum inside an engine's mouth?
>>
>>1707719
What happens when you cum inside a steam engine's smokebox?
>>
File: flashbangwallop.jpg (94 KB, 1136x640)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>1687044
>>
File: c3.png (599 KB, 800x548)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>1687044
>>
>>1662470
Kino, but has a fair amount of awkward pauses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTYZOhWZKc
>>
>>1662470
bump
>>
>>1707828
the cum is distributed by water vapor across a wide swath of the home counties, impregnating several farmhouse maidens
>>
>>1700754
>"...and Nicholas Cage as Peter Sam!"
>>
>>1662470
Absolutely zero interest, but I ended up going down the youtube rabbithole on TTTE one day, and had no idea there was this much lore involved. I was impressed.
>>
>>1674046
Does anyone have a decent height map of the Isle of Sodor?
>>
>>1715286
Closest you can get.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/5/56/TVSeriesSodorMap2014.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140929154333
>>
File: FB8HqeiXEAkWMnZ.jpg (619 KB, 1536x2048)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
>The Fat Controller was very silent when he heard the news.
>>
>>1721556
What is this?
>>
>>1663738
I envy you
>>
>>1662470
Absolutely adored the original stories as a kid, I had this huge collection of all of them with all the illustrations and the maps in the front cover and all that. The old show was good too but nowhere near the level of the book. It was such an incredibly rich world, normies have no idea how detailed it all was, the sheer number of not just characters but places and events was fantastic. Really good times. I had a seriously extensive collection of the wooden trains and tracks too, I’d build layouts that took up the entire living room and run a bunch of trains “simultaneously” around them. I’d love to pass it on to my own kids someday but I’m afraid that whatever nu-version exists by then will be total shit. Luckily I’m pretty sure my parents still have all my old stuff in the basement back home, I should make sure they don’t throw it away or donate it or something… 100% sure the book is still around there somewhere at least, that’s the most important part really.

It only just occurred to me that other people might also give an equal or greater amount of a fuck about the Island of Sodor. Based on this thread there’s a fair amount of fan content, could some anons point me toward the good stuff? Links or at least specific things to look up?

>>1672282
>Never go on twatter
Way ahead of you. Anything good on that cesspool can be found elsewhere.
>>
I became a TTTE fan as a kindergartener, I think. If I'm right, then it lasted from when I was almost 5 to maybe 11. I know it was between my 8th and 12th birthday when I left the show behind until I got nostalgic in May this year.
>>
>>1691823
Hot damn that’s a good model. Are there instructions/a parts list posted anywhere?
>>
One thing about Thomas/RWS that I love is that the engines have personalities that interact with each other, Awdry genuinely made the books to enjoy for kids and himself and the adults reading it to the kids. It wasn't like Teletubbies or Dora the Explorer, everyone wasn't a one-dimensional wall trying to teach you the alphabet or the difference between a cow and a pig. Then HIT and Mattel came and ruined that aspect of the show.
>>
>>1721556
what the fuck is this
>>
File: Thomas.jpg (626 KB, 2048x1536)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
The big dump of model reference photos is here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZPryPFwpqYYTuW2e86P1GosFjkKr6g_b
>>
I hate it when fanmade Trainz content has BWBA shit in it, even as cameos, makes me drop it instantly. Are there people who actually like Rebecca and Nia? Or any of the BWBA deviantart OCs?
>>
File: 20210104_201804.jpg (1.93 MB, 4032x1908)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
My son's beloved Thomas
>>
File: 20201224_115850.jpg (2.28 MB, 4032x1908)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>1723737
>>
>>1723737
Lionel Thomas is ugly
>>
>>1721614
>>1723115
https://www.amazon.com/Chwedlau-Ffestiniog-Peter-Neville-Jarvis/dp/0901848085
>>
File: f07.png (226 KB, 346x315)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>1687044
>>
>>1723745
Those light-up wooden trains are so comfy to look at.
>>
File: 20211102_233659.jpg (1.34 MB, 3778x1908)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>1726192
Agreed! He loves turning down the lights and taking them for a run around the track. Also has the light up Henry too. Wish they had made other light up characters before killing them off.
>>
File: .jpg (29 KB, 474x316)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1698931
Damn Americans...
>>
bump
>>
>>
i liked watching youtube poops made out of the show
>>
>>1732163
For me, it's Thomas the Tank Engine Crash Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUzA3RmeIM
>>
>>1662470
bump
>>
>>1732814
Do the trucks die when they get smashed like that?
>>
File: 20211204_133942.jpg (1.3 MB, 2631x1896)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
My son's current layout.
>>
>>1739141
Where does the ferry go?
>>
>>1732163
>>1732814
This is pretty funny too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_gW1KvuFk&t=1966s

>>1732104
I hate Japan

To further the thread, can someone explain to me why Duck is so popular? I heard his fanbase got obnoxiously bad in the 2010's, but I can't for the life of me figure out why he would be loved to that degree.
>>
>>1740676
TTTE community online on faggot social media sites are nothing but gigaspergs so it's to be expected.

That aside, Duck is cool, and has nice chemistry with the other engines. The Duck and Diesel stories are also pretty iconic. However despite being Diesel's arch-nemesis, for some reason Diesel strangely became a mainstay of HiT Thomas and onward while Duck was soft-retconned out of the series practically, so this understandably upset many TTTEfags on the internet.

It is a jewish move by a studio that couldn't care less about the source material, but I also don't understand why people care that much, why would you even watch HiT Thomas as an adult? Duck would have just ended up out of character and a complete retard like everyone else under the formulaic 3 strikes rule every episode.
>>
>>1740676
>>1740745
Also HiT treated Emily as Sodor's #8 engine even though Duck already existed.
>>
File: FGVPjUQVIAQc1zF.jpg (92 KB, 1200x901)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>"King's Cross!?", snorted the engine. "London's Houston!"
>>
>>1741625
>t. Audiobook fag who doesn't know it's spelled 'Euston'
>>
>>1741737
I tried to look at the online library, but the search was down.
>>
File: 23.3_Escape_3.png (1.79 MB, 1193x803)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
This thread has gotten pathetic, and stagnant. Post your favorite RWS story, or TV episode or some shit, I dunno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7R7jO1DvNY
>>
>>1741766
https://youtu.be/UbrFGES3c8E
>>
>>1741766
Edward's Exploit
Close Shave
Breakvan
Fish (Not cause of that fag UnluckyTug, I always loved this episode as a kid)
Old Iron
Flying Kipper
Troublesome Trucks
>>
>>1676781
im gonna cum
>>
Thomas is possible in real life. Once AI gets advanced enough they can engineer sentient AI trains with moving faces. And then steam enthusiasts can program it into their locos.
>>
File: lookingglassthomas.png (945 KB, 778x778)
945 KB
945 KB PNG
>>1742505
ai generation is fun
>>
>>1742505
shed 17
>>
File: thomas.the.tank......png (1.79 MB, 1257x614)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>
so glad thomas is respected even on 4chan
>>
>>1743305
I don't know about the rest of the anons here, but it was my first exposure to /n/ shit and I absolutely loved it
>>
File: hype.png (461 KB, 588x702)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
I'm hyped! Last time they did this we got some crazy fucking lore (like Skarloey being loaded onto a converter wagon so he could work on the standard gauge, and this lead to his rapid health decline)
>>
File: TTTE 1992.png (814 KB, 1008x506)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
>tfw
>>
>>1744789
It's up. Merry Christmas!
https://youtu.be/1SF1HGJDano
>>
>>1743305
i agree

Your fortune: The poster above you has been very very naughty!
>>
>>1741766
https://youtu.be/gzv3mdHTaeo
>>
Does anyone have any information on what the various railway series stories were based on? I know about some, like Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady being about the time Awdry himself left a woman behind on the Talyllyn railway, but are there other examples, particularly pertaining to the standard gauge engines? I'd be interested in reading about those.
>>
>>1747941
The only one I know off the top of my head is the Flying Kipper crash was based on the Abbots Ripton crash
>>
File: Screenshot (217).png (187 KB, 800x300)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
I've gone off the deep end now.
Planning on using these instructions to build Lego models of Thomas and Gordon. Thomas is gonna run me about $280 in Bricklink orders and 3rd party parts. I'm afraid for my wallet when I start on Gordon
>>
File: 17.4_GallantOldEngine_5.png (1.91 MB, 1200x818)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>1747941
Gallant Old Engine is based on the early years of the Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society. Basically, only Dolgoch (Rheneas) was in working order and, being over 80 years old at the time, if the loco failed the railway would've been scrapped. Now she's known the "Old Lady" and the Talyllyn is a very successful railway,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXhG7U35oI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4343auaPM
>>
>>1748381
Bonus episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdebxdDEq_o
>>
File: Edward and Gordon.jpg (789 KB, 2864x2058)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
>>1748381
Thanks. I knew that the history of the Skarloey was basically the history of the Talyllyn, almost beat for beat, and that Awdry did that to advertise the Talyllyn to the general public, which was successful as now the Talyllyn is thriving. But I was more so talking about the mainline engine incidents. I know Awdry mostly based them off of news stories in the papers, his conversations with railway men, and his own childhood experiences with trains. I was just wondering if their were definitive incidence that were recorded as being inspirations for certain stories, like Edward and Gordon being based on Awdry's experiences of listening to the coded whistles of banking engines outside his house.
>>
>>1664328
He couldn't do it because the Mountain Engine stories are so independent of the Standard Gauge Engines that they could never organically write them in to the story. And that directly conflicts with Mattels "have Thomas in every episode" policy. The smallies railway existed for the sole purpose of giving ballast to the big engines, and so you could have the big engines like Thomas interact with them more (or at least be in the background.) Also they weren't in any promotional material like a movie like the smallies were, so they'd struggle to sell the toys to kids.
>>
>>1662470
CGI ruined TTTE
>>
>>1685311
The rationale of calling Bluenose ""right in his way"" is that even if he's a fucking complete incompetent twat, he's technically correct in that he was in charge of the operation during Munitions and was able to freely give orders and move as he liked. This is likely a holdover from when the episode actually did spread more of the blame evenly between the tugs and not just on him, but as is yeah it's a pretty incongruous line.
>>
>>1732163
May I ask which one is your favorite. Not judging, but imo, the vast majority of YTPs range from mediocre to shit, whether it be of TTTE or other source material. My favorite TTTE YTP would have to be this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LplusJyZSm4
>>
>>1663739
Peter Edwards/Gunvore > Every other illustrator
>>
File: Diesel of Disapproval.png (1.53 MB, 1366x768)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>1687044
>>
File: James.png (109 KB, 191x270)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>1755484
>>
File: Percy Unf.png (46 KB, 160x129)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>1755485
>>
File: Mavis.png (1.24 MB, 807x615)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>1755486
>>
Adventures of Thomas
>Model usually included in seasonal, or expensive sets
>Recolor from a mediocre movie with a new face
>Re-release of a limited-edition Thomas
Adventures of Percy
>Lazy recolor one episode
>Lazier recolor from the SAME episode
>Only interesting one with a new face, but the plastic yellows
They couldn't make a Ghost Train Percy?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.