[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: criticality.jpg (504 KB, 2048x1849)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
Yesterday over 10'000 riders attended critical mass in Zurich, the city with the worst cycling infrastructure in all Switzerland. The column was up to 5km long and took 40 minutes to pass a point. Today critical mass is on the front page of every news paper in Switzerland and the comments sections team with salty cagers and happy city slickers. Come summer I expect 15k-20k people to ride and demonstrate for their right to adequate infrastructure which has been ignored for over 30 years now. Hows it going in your city?

also, afterparty was massive!
>>
File: criticality2.jpg (736 KB, 1536x2048)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
It was epic this time. 2/3 don't have a car and pay taxes for roads and infrastructure that mostly get used by out of town cagers from the suburbs polluting the city with their cars daily. So people think it is high time to get back what is theirs, redistribute precious traffic space according to the needs and wishes of the people of Zurich.
>>
>>1659623
I commute by bike myself but honestly these events are just cringe. It's just a mode of transportation, not everything needs to be politicized.
Also Zürich is full of 30km/h streets, they're are ideal for bikes just use them.
>>
File: criticality4.jpg (121 KB, 675x900)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>1659655
>Also Zürich is full of 30km/h streets, they're are ideal for bikes just use them.
Can't they are always full of cars. I live in Zürich and pay a lot of taxes here, I wish I could use at least part of the infrastructure for my needs and not as parking space or being jammed by cars from out of town. What makes me so angry is that we have a lefty-green city council for 30 years now, and we got pubkes for cycling infrastructure, there is literally not a single proper cycling lane in the entire town, despite a dozen public votes demanding better infrastructure.
>>
>>1659657
>lives in a city
>pays taxes
>thinks in terms of the overton window
>thinks voting changes anything
>cares about bike lanes
NPC detected
>>
>>1659658
take your meds schizo
>>
They stopped having those here since the pigs just used it as an excuse to assault people

#acab
>>
>>1659623
Cycling infra is only necessary if you don’t have that many cyclists

Also doesn’t it get really cold there
>>
File: what.png (140 KB, 300x256)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>1659671
>Cycling infra is only necessary if you don’t have that many cyclists
>>
>>1659704
Anon probably means if you have enough cyclists then you don't need specific cycle infra because all the infra is for cyclists. Like in the netherlands.
>>
>>1659733
the netherlands is full of bike specific infra though
>>
>>1659736
netherlands should be MIRVed
>>
>>1659733
This is true, but it’s really just that if drivers expect and respect cyclists there’s no need to paint and extra white line on the ground to make them both feel better.
>>
bicyclists are a plague on otherwise good cities.
>>
>>1659663
>They stopped having those here since the pigs just used it as an excuse to assault people
Seems based to me
>>
BRRRING BRRRING MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>1659779
>The virgin "way giver" cyclist
Vs
>The chad "car crusher" Tramway

is switzerland, dare i say, based?
>>
Switzerland already hates cars.
>>
>>1659623
Fuck critical mass bullshit. Bunch of normie fags disrupting traffic and annoying the shit out of literally anyone within a 5 mile radius, ringing their fucking bells and playing shitty music. These faggots have done more damage to the image of cyclists than anyone else, and the average participant of those events uses their bike like once a month.
Hell a few years ago, some idiot dropped an email at work that this is happening and employees should participate cause muh environment and shit. Suddenly every eco-whore at the company starts going around asking where she can borrow a bike.
Put yourself in the situation of an average commuter:
>finish a long day at work get on the bike to finally get home and rest
>critical mass is happening
>fags always chose the most used streets and do it during rush hour
>be stuck in a fucking cycling traffic jam with idiots blasting shitty disco from portable speakers
>once you are finally out of this mess every driver acts super rude to you cause you're now guilty by association
>arrive home an hour later than usual
>the end result is the city making bikes lanes in places where it makes no sense just to boast numbers
>>
>>1659783
>crushes cars
>makes peds scuttle for safety
>gets bikes stuck in its tracks
>stops for noone except its own stops
>huge windows for passengers to witness the destruction it causes wherever it goes
Trams are the gigachad of urban mobility
>>
File: sranie.png (3.12 MB, 1456x889)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
>>1659846
unless you live in a post-soviet shithole
>wobbly as fuck, cause crooked narrow tracks not maintained in years
>plastic seats that cause scoliosis
>filled with bums
>revolting smell
>runs through the city center and break at least daily
>all traffic across the city blocked
>>
>>1659853
Are Lodz trams that bad? I commute with the Gdansk and Bydgoszcz ones regularly, and they aren't at all what you described them like, maybe with the exception of an occasional bum
>>
>>1659661
>thinks anyone who doesn't do any of the above is a "schizo"
NPC detected
>>
>>1659655
>It's just a mode of transportation, not everything needs to be politicized.
I don't like to take part in critical masses but that is a ridiculous take
>>
>>1659741
na, that bullshit, you need cycling specific infrastructure and car free lanes, the more cyclists you got the more infrastructure for them you'll need.
>>
File: criticality3.jpg (1.66 MB, 3024x4032)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
really made my day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ0xgq501lk&t=5s
>>
>>1659846
>gets bikes stuck in its tracks
*laughs in 2" tires*
>>
File: IMG_20170428 - Copy.jpg (3.27 MB, 4618x3464)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>1659623
badass! we had one here that almost achieved critical mass but one of the cars couldn't handle waiting a few minutes and pulled and shot two of the bikers and the media made it out like we're a bunch of hooligans causing a riot. Still a lot of fun, some people pull out some of their coolest rides to show off
>>
>>1659663
>#acab
are we on twitter, faggot?
>>
>>1659953
It was the first time that we reached full criticality. We have a legal bicycle demo every 22nd September where the cops do the corking and that one has some impact, but now people are so fed up with not getting adeuquate infrastructure that we gonna get critical every month until they do. Cool thing city council tried to talk to the ringleaders today, but then this is a real hivemind and they couldn't find anyone feeling responsible but ordinary riders, so they had to change their statement to "exponents of the movement". Message is pretty clear, give us our fair share of traffic space.
Shooting bikers sounds like dangerous territory, kudos to you for still riding.
>>
>>1659953
P.S. yesterday we had two cases when cars tried to run over cyclists, one guy got lightly injured. All in all police wasn't too bad and did a lot of de-escalation. But yeah, how sick you got to be to try to kill somebody just because you are stuck in traffic for 25 minutes. I mean both those guys will lose their driving licenses forever and one guy will likely do some time or get mandatory therapy. I still wonder what makes them so angry and so stupid.
>>
>>1659853
lmao retarded whiny ass polak

first of all you're not post-soviet you stupid fucking satelite state
second of all the new trams aren't wobbly at all and like half of all trams are new
third of all you don't sit on those seats long enough to give you fucking scoliosis
4th of all i barely see bums in public transport, maybe try not living in a shithole town
5th it doesn't smell at all
6th i've been in many trams and witnessed 1 breakage
>>1659895
>being such a fucking western suck up that you don't use your alphabet's own letters
lmaooooo do polaks really? clean a toilet or something
>>
>>1659953
>be american
>get shot
huh
>>
>>1659972
it's their culture, please respect.
>>
>>1659971
Not a native, not owning a polish keyboard ;_;
>>
>>1659623
>>1659626
nice - can only imagine the ragin cagins that day
>>
>>1660297
>he came here to study
literally why
>>
>>1659895
>>1659971
Gdansk trams are a luxury public transport compared to what we have here.
Lodz trams are special because the track width is shorter than anywhere else and tracks run on the street, there is no dedicated tram section. They don't maintain the rails so they are all bent as fuck and the ride is always wobbly as hell. In some areas the tracks are actually cracked and stick well above the road and nothing is fixed. Most trams here are also old and broken, yet still ride and even if you get into one of those new cityrunners, they are still slow and wobbly, because of the tracks condition. Also trams are crowded as fuck, smelly bums galore, terrible seats and full of immigrants. I prefer buses whenever it's viable. Bums are still unavoidable, we probably have more bums than any other place in Polin.
>>
>>1659828

Go call the whaaambulance
>>
>>1659968
>But yeah, how sick you got to be to try to kill somebody just because you are stuck in traffic for 25 minutes.
I mean the other day somebody executed a little kid because his mom flipped them off in traffic
>>
>>1660325
So that's "very sick" then?
>>
>>1660352
that's about your average ameri mutt
>>
>>1660305
This is from last year, already pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHAURjiMFY
This is from last Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ0xgq501lk
Fucking flawless, we never before put so much pressure on the city council and they are already sharting their pants because this will not stop and next month will be epic.
>>
>>1659623
Summarize ‘adequate infrastructure’.
>>
>>1660408
Last year we had a public vote for a 50km, car free, right of way dedicated cycling road network throughout the city, it was 70% yes with record high participation but the city tries to sell 30kmh and 50kmh roads with a 80cm painted cycling "lanes" as infrastructure. We voted for a new bicycle crossing over the track field, but they turned it into a pedestrians only bridge and said they would open an existing tunnel below the main station as an alternative, we are still waiting cause it takes them 15 years to hang some light bulbs. we voted for street parking free comfort routes, but they haven't scratched a single parking space so we still catch car doors and have to change lanes because cagers driving backwards etc. We voted for a new crossing at Langstrasse, but 10 years the cycling lane is stills hared with the pedestrians. We have dozens examples like this and we are feed up.
>>
Lol at all the cageshills having a meltdown ITT
>>
I heard Brussels had a big one too, any Belgian anons can confirm?
>>
>>1660424
2021 is not a good year for them.
>>
>>1660966
You sure?
>>
File: 1622318131812.png (169 KB, 600x584)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>1660971
>car sales rising 8000km away from where thread is about.
Yeah, I'm sure dear amerigoblo. No please go and have a meltdown in some other thread.
>>
>>1659953
what city is this?
>>
>>1659658
> I'm on a higher level than the sheeple
> I know how the world works
> I actually don't, but at least I know it doesn't work how the LAMEstream media tells us

Anon, direct political action is how you make change happen at the local level. Save your NWO UN stuff for the global geopolitical stuff.
>>
>>1660985
>2021 is not a good year for cars
>Car sales rising
>I-it doesn't count
pathetic
>>
please be amerigoblo in another thread
>>
Congrats guys, you got on everyone's nerves for a day, clogged the city blocking emergency vehicles and cemented your image as annoying faggots. Did you achieve anything of use with all that? Do you think this will skew public opinion towards demanding more bike infrastructure? I don't think so.
>>
>>1661330
>Do you think this will skew public opinion towards demanding more bike infrastructure?
Public opinion is demanding bike infrastructure for over 30 years now, the last vote was 70% YES for 50km uninterrupted cycling lanes. It's just that the city government doesn't give a shit, that is way 10'000 people took to the streets to put up pressure. The only ones bitching are the cagers from the agglomeration because for one it wasn't them causing the daily traffic jam in Zürich. The folks in the city actually love this.
>>
>Velofahrer legen Zürich lahm – und erreichen damit gar nichts

>Man kann die offenen Türen offenbar nicht oft und geräuschvoll genug einrennen: Velofahrerinnen und Velofahrer demonstrieren in der rot-grünen Stadt Zürich für mehr Platz fürs Velo. Die Aktion trägt destruktive Züge und führt nirgends hin.

>
Das grundsätzliche Anliegen für bessere Velo-Infrastruktur ist zwar legitim. Störend ist die Attitüde der moralischen Überlegenheit, die manche Exponentin und mancher Exponent an den Tag legen. Das fängt damit an, dass es die im Hintergrund bleibenden Organisatoren nicht für nötig hielten, nach einer Demonstrationsbewilligung nachzufragen, obwohl man diese in der Stadt Zürich relativ einfach erhält. Die Strasse wird vielmehr einfach mit nebeneinander fahrenden Velos blockiert, ohne Rücksicht auf Verluste.

>Das Velo steht über allem, alle anderen müssen warten – Autofahrer sowieso, aber auch jene, die den öffentlichen Verkehr benutzen. Doch am Freitagabend sind in Zürich beileibe nicht nur Auto-Poser mit dem Personenwagen unterwegs, sondern in erster Linie Arbeitnehmer auf dem Heimweg und auch Leute, die auf ein Auto angewiesen sind. Dass sie Rettungsachsen blockierten und damit die Arbeit von Schutz und Rettung störten, fiel den Demonstrierenden nicht weiter auf. ... Sollte sich dies nun monatlich wiederholen, ist dies schlicht destruktiv.

>Rein numerisch gesehen war der Anlass ein Erfolg. Aber politisch ist er ein Muster ohne Wert. Eine Demonstration ist ein Mittel der Machtlosen, das dazu dient, auf ein vernachlässigtes politisches oder gesellschaftliches Problem aufmerksam zu machen. In Zürich aber ist seit über drei Jahrzehnten Rot-Grün an der Macht. Diesen Widerspruch trug bereits die SP-Initiative vom vergangenen Herbst in sich, die 50 Kilometer Velorouten innert zehn Jahren forderte. Doch auch dies genügte nicht. Man kann die offenen Türen offenbar nicht oft und geräuschvoll genug einrennen.
>>
>>1661332
post a source faggot
>in b4 NZZ is angry with cyclists.
>>
>>1661331
And yet 30+ years of left government in the city haven't done jack shit for bike infrastructure. Either people don't really wabt bike infrastructure, or they're voting the wrong politicians because they're braindead leftist sheep and the leftist politicians don't even bother achieving anything because they know they'll get voted anyway.
tl;dr it's the cyclists own fault.
>>
>>1661333
The point stands, who the fuck are they protesting against? The leftist government they almost certainly voted for themselves???
>>
>>1661334
Yes, or maybe the Canton and the car lobby shuts cycling interests down in the city, like with Filippo Leutenegger turning time back 10 years and actually worsening cycling infrastructure in exchange for roadside parking during his short 4 years term. People in the city are feed up with this, that is why 10k people took to the street last Friday, that is why 80% will say YES to the velo tunnel on the vote on 13.6. and that is why next CM we will have 15k people riding. We'r e not gonna wait another 25 years until the city finally builds infrastructure for the majority of its inhabitants and wastes 90% of our traffic space or cars.
>>
>>1661336
Yes, we are protesting the government and the current situation. Now post a source or fuck off.
>>
>>1661337
>Yes, or maybe the Canton and the car lobby shuts cycling interests down in the city
Stopped reading right there. Cope harder seething lefty.
>>
>vote leftist government for 30 years
>leftist government doesn't deliver because lol leftists
>keep voting them
>protest against then for not delivering
>keep voting them
Leftist minds in a nutshell
>>
File: 1601635584072.png (31 KB, 917x1027)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>1661339
reminder, you're not on /pol/, being dumb and loud doesn't win an argument on /n/. Fact is we will fight to get our fair share of traffic space, which means there will be less for cagers like you. You don't live here, you don't pay taxes here, you just drive here 6 times a week.
>>
File: fipo.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1661340
It's a little more complicated than that, but hey, feel free to have an opinion on our city despite not living here.
>>
>>1661337
Where was the car lobby when trams got tram lanes everywhere and absolute priority and when cars where banned from most of the city center?
Oh and I guess suddenly the gloating about getting the Rosengartentunnel voted down is gone when you dumbasses realize that's going to keep a major thoroughfare right through a residential area with no chance of fitting in bike lanes. I mean, sure, reduce the road to just one lane in each direction, idgaf about cages, but then you'll get some of the most heavily used bus lines clogged in traffic and even more people will take the car. Because that's just how leftists are, no actual practical thinking, everything just ideology and optics, but no actual solutions. And then you protest against your own idiocy.
>>
>>1661341
Right back at ya, making up dumb shit about le car lobby is just making a fool of yourself, see >>1661343
>>
>>1661341
It's funny how you need to go full strawman to even reply, I'm not a cager and I don't even own a car because I'm a trainchad. I don't even mind cities getting good bika infra, I'm just laughing my ass off at your stupidity that will get you nowhere fast. In 20 years Zurich will still have the worst bike infrastructure out of all major swiss cities. Screencap this.
>>
>>1661342
I'd bet my left nut no more than 20% of people who participatet in the cuckical mass live in Zurich.
>>
>>1661348
please send it with A-Post. do you really think 81% came from the suburbs with their bikes?
>>
>>1661350
Bikefags are so sectarian and obnoxious, they likely came from all over the country.
>>
>>1661343
and it is the screeming tram autist. don't you get tired that people in Zurich constantly vote different than what you'd like them to? ;^)
>>
>>1661348
keep telling that to yourself and watch from your cuckshed how every vote on traffic and election goes cyclist way.
>>1661351
70% of people in Zürich use bikes and we want infrastructure. get over it.
>>
They should host this event in January.
>>
File: j02_orig.jpg (189 KB, 1100x619)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>1661376
They do
>>
>>1661341
>soijak
reminder, you're not either.
>>
I appreciate the sentiment of critical masses, but they're just too full of drugged/drunk/reckless/clueless retards for me to enjoy them
maybe they're different in the first world
>>
>>1661424
>maybe they're different in the first world
they are
>>
>>1661357
>don't you get tired that people in Zurich constantly vote different than what you'd like them to?
Zurich has the best tram system in Switzerland, excellent buses, and several projects for expanding public transit including the almost finished Limmattalbahn. I'm good with whatever basedcuck hippies they vote for as long as that continues :^)
>>
File: zurich_modal_split.png (5 KB, 230x219)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>1661359
>70% of people in Zürich use bikes
>>
>>1661600
>ant graphic
>no source
You tried.

https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/ted/de/index/taz/verkehr/webartikel/webartikel_mobilitaetsverhalten.html
>Velos sind häufiger verfügbar, zwei Drittel der Haushalte besitzen über eines oder mehrere Velos. Langsame E-Bikes (Tretunterstützung bis 25 km/h) besitzen drei Prozent der Haushalte, so genannte schnelle E-Bikes (Tretunterstützung bis 45 km/h) sind in knapp einem Prozent der Haushalte zu finden
>>
>>1661610
Mine was from 2014, so it might be somewhat out of date, however
>12%
>COPE with some statistic about how many people own a bike even if they don't consider commuting with it and just use it for leisure
Cringe
>>
File: netzplan_vbz.gif (612 KB, 2154x2949)
612 KB
612 KB GIF
>>1661686
Actually 16% of all daily commutes are done by bicycle, 70% percent of all households own a bike. Tendency growing. We will keep voting that way, we will keep putting pressure on the government to progress change and you will keep being salty on the internet. This summer is gonna be fun!

>>1661594
Good old VBZ
>>
File: croked.jpg (111 KB, 512x384)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
corking cars sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>>1661432
>people take showers in his country
I'm so fukken jelly you have no idea
>>
>>1659623
if you pulled off this shit in china you'd get bicycles banned nation-wide
>>
>>1661704
>keep being salty on the internet
lmao I'm not the one SEETHING so hard he throws a mass tantrum with 10.000 others clogging the whole city just because muh bikes. In any case I admit I no longer live in Zurich because lmao fuck those housing prices and all the other crap you have to put up with when I can live in a comfy small town and have a huge apartment in a quiet neighbourhood with the train station 5 minutes away.
>>
>>1662263
Your point being?
>>
>>1662264
thanks for leaving us and keep bumping you glorious autist ;^)
>>
>>1662273
He's just sad that he doesn't get to live in a totalitarian dictatorship.
>>
>>1662277
Enjoy paying these rent prices :^]
>>
File: mivstoertov.jpg (90 KB, 1200x630)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1662307
>tfw you only pay 1300 for 3 room flat because smart
You will reply to this post because full autismo.
>>
Real men saddle up and take the scenic route, that's the beauty of bikes, they can go almost anywhere, down narrow alleyways, across fields and parks, through pedestrian only zones, on pavements, into woodland, round the back of otherwise inaccessible service yards, along riverside tracks and canal paths, you can even pick it up and use stairs, or pass it over walls and fences, only a lack of testosterone will stoop a cyclist who knows where he's going.
Imagine protesting that you can't take the most convenient and direct route to your particular slave labour camp for fear of being struck by a vehicle, what a bunch of saps.
>>
>>1662570
Imagine being the majority, paying for all the infrastructure and still have to cuddle with heavy trucks and half a million cagers daily because you got no cycling infrastructure.
>>
>>1662582
>paying taxes
>>
>>1659623
>Hows it going in your city?
first three months of Covid
no cars on the road, bikes everywhere
>present day
maybe see one cyclist every for every 8 km of travel
>>
>>1662595
don't live in The Big City but yeah it's back to how it was. exactly as I predicted, the boomers who fucked the bike market aren't actually using the new toys they panic-bought over the past year. About 2 months from now our overlords (bongistan) are going to push the "back to normal, come on now, the vaccine did its job, chop chop!" button and of course the NPCs will. And the brand new bikes will be sitting in garden sheds for the next 10 years.
Did I mention cars have literally become more popular because people don't want to get public transport? yeah there's that. They killed the car market too. JUST
>>
>>1662608
Odd, it is exactly the opposite here in Zurich, like people don't want to go back caging and having the streets to ourselves for a couple months only reminded us on how good this could be without the daily traffic jam.
>>
>>1661340
implying voting different would get us cycling infrastructure, if we'd vote right instead we'd have a dozen freeways in the city and a million cars. There's a reason nobody votes for them.
>>
>>1659623
>>
>>1659626
If you don't own a car, you don't pay road tax.
>>
>>1665117
Communal streets and roads are paid for by the communal tax, meaning everybody living in Zürich pays for them, unlike cagers from the agglo, they pay for shit here and use all the infrastructure and space up with their cars.
>>
File: 1621242700645.gif (30 KB, 125x125)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
>>1665123
I knew living in Zürich was a scam, but getting cucked so hard by people from other cantons lol
>>
File: letten.jpg (401 KB, 1080x1080)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>1665129
ok
>>
>>1665135
>le cherry picked image of some overcrowded concrete river bath
Imagine not going Rhyböötle from Stein am Rhein to Schaffhausen

Also I was in Zurich last friday evening to have dinner and the whole area around the Sihl stank of sewage, loud drunk chavs everywhere, holy shit I didn't know it was that bad. Zurich is ok during the day it's a nice city but fuck living there, paying out your ass to get all that noise and stink and humid nights, why would anyone be so masochistic when there's nice small towns like glorious Schaffhausen is beyond me.
>>
I like that people ask for more bike infrastructure, but all of these "critical mass" movements end up hijacked for some sor of far-left shit, ultimately making people hating it, happens everywhere.
>>
File: flussbad_unterer_letten_2.jpg (537 KB, 2000x1333)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>1665163
ok
>>
>>1665224
Cope
>>
File: enge.jpg (147 KB, 1200x819)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>1665279
ok
>>
>>1659737
>>1659746
cope
>>
I miss Critical Mass so much. Vancouver elected a cyclist mayor who put bike lanes everywhere so there wasn't anything to protest about. Police cracked down on drinking and nudity so all the weirdos and partiers stopped showing up too. It went from thousands of people to nobody in only a year.
>>
>>1665598
good
>>
>>1661340
Leftist is such a vague term on purpose.
If the same word can be used to describe radical tankies or people like Obama and Biden then there's a huge problem with it.
>>
>>1665598
Congratulations for getting your lanes. Maybe you should do a victory parade instead or something then?
>>
>>1659623
Cagers are seething
>>
>>1666295
No
Now it's the time to use the fucking lanes lest Vancouver becomes an example for not adding bike lanes to a city
>>
>>1666760
victory parade sounds better, so cagers know who's boss in town.
>>
>>1659623
every time my city adds a bike lane we get a bunch of boomer freaking out, I generally hate the leftist stuff but I like cycling and watching boomers freak out over bike lanes is fun, cities shouldn't be designed around cars
>>
>>1666694
It's not the cagers that made a mass tantrum, just saying
>>
>>1661610
your e-bikes go to 45km/h? Nice. Can you ride them without license?
>>
>>1666694
It's because they are losing traffic areas and parking spaces in the cities. Cagecucks and especially boomer cagecucks go batshitcrazy when that happens. No idea whats wrong with their generation.
>>
>>1668262
Cagers are extremely low priority already in swiss cities. No cager is seething because they expect to have fewer facilities to drive and park in the cities. That's only happening in your head where cagers live rent free.
>>
>>1668325
Alls Swiss cities are highly car centric and cars taking up the majority of traffic space. This is going to change, deal with it.
>>
Isn't Zürich built in a valley?
How many people actually want to bike there?
>>
>>1661332
>ich habe keine argumente gegen die anliegen der demonstrierenden, also beschwere ich mich darüber wie sie protestieren

jedes mal dasselbe, konservative sind echt überall clowns
>>
And the good people of Zurich again vote for more cycling infrastructure, with a massive majority of 74.1% they vote for a new bicycle tunnel below the main station.
>>
>>1668342
>Alls Swiss cities are highly car centric and cars taking up the majority of traffic space.
>>
>>1668452
Can you be a stupid cagecuck somewhere else? It's a fact, Swiss cities are car centric and cars take up most traffic space.
>>
>>1668455
I just hope you're trolling and not actually this stupid.
>>
>Von den gegen 90'000 ha Verkehrsfläche entfallen 91% auf Strassen, Wege und Parkplätze, 7% auf die Bahn und 2% auf Flugplätze. Die Aussagekraft einer solchen einfachen Zuordnung ist allerdings be-grenzt, weil vor allem die Strassen häufig mehrfach genutzt werden, sie dienen z.B. auch dem ÖV wie auch dem Langsamverkehr. Der spezifische Flächenverbrauch des ÖV ist klar gerin-ger bzw. seine spezifische Leistungsfähigkeit (z.B. in Personen pro m2) grösser als jene von Strassenverkehrsmitteln.
file:///tmp/mozilla_baba0/OeV%20und%20Umwelt%20Schlussbericht.pdf
So yeah, 91% of all traffic space in Switzerland is wasted by cars. Time to change that. Now back to >>>/o/ with you.
>>
>>1668472
That 91% includes pedestrian, bike and public transport space you absolute dumbass because it's all lumped together in that. It's also not the same thing if you have proportionally more car space in some residential suburb where few people walk on the street at any one time and just to get from A to B, or whether it's in the city center where there's a lot of people. Nor does it consider that pacified (30er Zone) low-traffic streets can be shared by cars and bike without issues.
I dare you to name one single country where cities are overall less car-centric than Switzerland.

Also
>hurr durr everyone who disagrees with me is a cager
I don't even own a car you schizo
>>
>Zurich removes bus lane to create new bike lane at rail track underpass
lmfao the left progressive pro-bike government in Zurich daren't touch cage space so they let *the* most used bus line get stuck in traffic. Absolutely brilliant hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>1668892
I mean it makes perfect sense though. Stopping and starting is the worst part of riding a bike, so it’s actually really sensible that bike infrastructure would be grade-separated, and without stoplights. That’s designing for it to be used, not just built.
>>
>>1668873
90% is road infrastructure built for cars. Now please be a brainlet cager somewhere else.
>>
>>1668892
Happens when Fillipo decides that the designated bicycle bridge is now a pedestrian bridge.

>hahahahahahahhahahahahaha
are you a boomer or just new to 4chan?
>>
>>1668900
>posts exactly same statistic that doesn't distinguish between car space, shared space and bike or ped space
How are you this dumb
>>
>>1668897
>makes perfect sense to deprive the most used bus line running on a busy road of the bus lane so it gets stuck in traffic and people stop using it and instead take the car and clog up the streets even more
Peak brainlet
>>
>>1668901
>>1668897
You people have cagers living rent free in your head so much you didn't even understand that my whole point was infrastructure being built at the cost of a bus lane, while cager space remains untouched. Yeah fucking great let's have bikes and transit fight over breadcrumbs while cagers get over 9000 lanes for them alone.
This is why bikecucks ruin cities.
>>
>>1668926
There is no shared space or cycling space you dumb fuck. Every single road in the city of Zürich is built for cars. There is not a single bicycle exclusive road and if you take out the pedestrian areas down-town you end up with 98° car infrastructure.
Back to the original argument, cities in Switzerland are car centric, nearly all infrastructure is built for cars and cars take 90% of all traffic space. Come up with numbers if you claim anything different.

>>1668930
Enjoy your village.
>>
>>1668981
Seething
>>
>>1668900
>claims something
>post evidence of said thing

>>1668928
>claim something different
>post zero (0) evidence
>start name calling
Bist wie ein kleines Kind.
>>
>>1668999
>graph that quantifies space into airport, railways or streets without breaking down streets
>everything that's "streets" is just car space, not considering sidewalks, parks, tram lanes, etc.
>"evidence"

>literally posted the article, you can read up that the bike lane was drawn on the space of the bus lane, while car space wasn't touched
>zero evidence
I refuse to believe that people can actually be this retarded without having their brains amputated
>>
File: Fruehling_01.jpg (201 KB, 1024x768)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>1669015
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
>>everything that's "streets" is just car space, not considering sidewalks, parks, tram lanes, etc.
In that statistic a parks and especially tram lanes are not classified as "traffic space" and sidewalks don't take up that much space. The rest is pure infrastructure for cars.
Look at the picture, typical Zurich street. Cars an parking spaces take up 90% of the space and the infrastructure is still fully car centric. Now throw another tantrum, maybe this time somebody takes you serious.
>>
>>1668421
He's quoting NZZ, a FDP newspaper. FDP is just salty that they lose every vote about traffic in Zürich.
>>
>>1669016
That street is like 60% car space at most you absolute dunce. Your only argument is lying and making shit up.
>>
>>1660420
why hasnt the party been voted out? they clearly dont care and seem to be just lazy boomers
>>
>>1672231
Because Swiss politics works in mysterious ways. First it is about the departments, you need Police department which is responsible for traffic signals and such and you need civil engineering department which is responsible for road construction etc, You need those departments at the same time because one can look out the other. Then you need the right people, now Zurich is SP dominated, the care about social justice and genderless toilets and free gibs for everyone but about little else. to keep the peace with the Canton which cares about little else than car traffic into the city they so far yielded every time. Pinnacle of the whole story was Filippo Leutenegger, FDP become head of CE department, cancling every bicycle lane and drawing parking lots back into the plan on every project. Before him was Ruth Genner, Green Party, the most inept person ever, and right now we got Richi Wolff Alternative Party unfortunately he is completely ineffective.
>>
>>1672272
Thus the only way is pressuring the SP from the street into taking bicycle infrastructure serious. Most of them are old 80's veterans, like we had years of civil unrest and riots in the 80's in Zürich which btfo'd the conservatives in town for good. From that experience they fear nothing as much as large, non-permitted demonstration by thousands of people. That and some pressure form GLP and some of the more able individuals from the Greens hopefully will pressure SP into putting real weight into it.
>>
thank you anon, hearing about swiss political incompetence makes me feel better about my corrupt shithole
>>
Imagine living in Zurich like nibba just kys
>>
>>1672506
Imagine living in a burb, driving to Zurich 6 times a week because there is nothing else to do. Imagine having absolutely nothing to say in Zurich, but still thinking constantly about Zurich.
>>
>>1659663
N
>>
>>1672509
Imagine coping this hard because you fell for the city meme
>>
>>1672673
>coping
Nice of you that you bump the thread all the time and keep and keep replying. Thanks for living rent free in your little head. See you on Friday.
>>
>>1672691
I didn't bump the thread, but you didn't notice because you have it pinned just waiting for my shitposts to trigger you

r e k t
e
k
t
>>
File: tried2.png (132 KB, 676x697)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>1672695
>>
>>1659626
the luxury of not having a car is paid for by the people who transit in. it's great that you want to claim something, but if you really want betterment, you need to give them expedient suburb and rural routes. have fun paying for them, this time.
>>
I'm >>1659655 and back to this trainwreck of a thread.
If you don't know how to bike safely around Zürich you're a literal retard and deserve to die under the wheels of a tram.
Now let this thread die and fuck off with your critically retarded mass.
>>
>>1672944
thanks for the bump and see you on Friday.
>>
>>1660315
Lodz is just a shithole in general. Everything is crap there, including trams apparently. So it's not an aahgumen't.
>>
File: polish_pride.jpg (247 KB, 944x1260)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>1673059
Hi, I made a thread for you so you dumb fucks don't need to derail this one: >>1673064
You're welcome.
>>
>>1662592
Yes, paying taxes, all of the people of a city does, what kind of country do you live in?
>>
File: E4wPD2EXwAUvlku.jpg (665 KB, 2016x1512)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
We did it again 5k+ riders, national tv, every news paper,angry cagers, foaming cuckservatives and a massive after party.
>>
>>1674167
There are conservatives in Zurich?
>>
File: slow your roll.png (875 KB, 1653x1023)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
they did it again, think about the cagies. critical car corso blocking the roads when? oh wait
>>
>>1674167
honestly this whole thread is embarrassing. This board is shit and the jannies are gay.
>>
File: E4wXPVMX0AMk-DY.jpg (3.45 MB, 3024x4032)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
>>1674197
~12% or so. They frantically try to protect every parking space, because cities are for driving cars and not for people.
>>
>>1674258
take your pills.
>>
>>1674259
If half of these people actually commuted by bike this wouldn't even be a problem
>>
>>1674261
Way more than those people comute by bike daily in the city. Majority of households in the city don't even own a car, yet they still got no infrastructure to speak of. Thats why it is a problem and thats why CM draws thousands every month. At least there is a silver lining, the new zoning plan is in debate in the city parliament, and for the first time since at least the 1990's they actually talk about slashing road side parking spaces in favour for circling lanes and pedestrian space. Apparently subtle pressure works.
>>
File: c2d.jpg (32 KB, 600x655)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>we did it fellow cyclists, our small minority group of just 66% of people stood up to the evil 12% cuckservative cagers
>>
File: E4wWhiEXMAIKGIk.jpg (403 KB, 1152x2048)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
I wish it was that simple. Enjoy less parking spaces and higher fares. ;^)
>>
>>1674260
cope
>>
File: 2rtig_KA4f39dn2m70TL-y.jpg (164 KB, 1200x799)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>
jfc leave some S E E T H E for the rest of us
>>
File: E4v_ph-XEAEiv3V.jpg (577 KB, 1536x2048)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
pretty sad if you get triggered this hard by a bunch of happy people on bicycles
>>
>>1674700
>crop top plush hoodie
>brown
>chrome fenders
I want her to sit on my face while I propose to her.
>>
>>1659779
>>1659783
>>1659846
I was in a Tram 2000 when it T-boned a car that did a sudden left turn, we only heard the crash, but we didn't feel anything.
Judging from the wreckage I can only imagine what it could do to a bunch of cyclists.
>>
>>1676510
- and that's a good thing.
>>
Noice, city of Zürich is discussing the new zoning plan, car free city blocks, parking spaces converted to bicycling lanes, 30kmh max speed in the entire city. Christmas came early this year.
>>
>>1676510
>>1676514
accidents between trams and cyclists are ultra rare. cars on the other hand cause accidents with public transport almost daily.
>>
>>1676516
>30kmh max speed in the entire city
Great idea to slow down trams and buses throughout the city to Bahnhofstrasse-tier speeds. What could go wrong
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1676510
>I was in a Tram 2000 when it T-boned a car that did a sudden left turn, we only heard the crash, but we didn't feel anything.
>>
>>1676568
Yeah, maybe you should vote against it then. ;^)
>inb4 not even from Zurich and unable to vote here
>>
https://spkantonzh.ch/app/uploads/2021/06/210621-Konzept-Quartierbloecke.pdf
Noice, car free super blocks are now planed.
>>
File: cmasstram.jpg (150 KB, 1024x576)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>1676510
Meanwhile, in real life...
>>
File: EXJ6wb3XYAE0agw.jpg (88 KB, 785x1000)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>1676575
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST GIVE AN OPINION ABOUT A CITY WITHOUT ACTUALLY LIVING THERE
>>
>>1680711
interestingly, nobody gives a fuck about your "opinion".
>>
Fuck yeah OP. Good job. This is going to be a good Summer for the Autofrei movement. I can feel it.
>>
>>1680971
Yep, killing the agreement on parking spaces was the first step, it only took 30 fucking years. SRF made a nice little doku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfatOS5FGM comments are full of angry cagers.
>>
>>1659663
#anab
>>
how is life in zurich if you make 88k CHF pretax? miserable? looks like tax would be like 10% ish, so 80k CHF disposable income? 20k for rent/year, so 60k dispoable? correct me if im wrong. would 88k make one a poorfag in zurich?
>>
>>1684641
You will be living in a micro closet in some shit part of the outer city too poor to take public transportation (even with a half tax) but just enough to ride your old cromoly shit bike to your job where all of your money goes to food and rent. Sure, you will get three to four weeks paid vacation a year and have top quality health insurance but you will be turk level 'making it'.
>>
>>1684645
Not to mention most of the food he buys at the store will have the orange dot
>>
>>1684645
>frugal lifestyle
>bike to work
>month of paid vacation a year
>free health
where do I sign up
>>
>>1684670
>free health
I think you're in the wrong thread bro.
>>
>>1684679
isn't "top quality health insurance" practically free health?
>>
>>1684684
You'll be paying for that insurance just like you'll be paying for food and rent.
>>
>>1684686
american healthcare cost double the oecd average. the bureaucracy and nonsense, and the burden of paying for proles' medicaid/medicare who frankly live incredibly unhealthy life. compare life expectancy of east asia versus their medical cost.
>>
>>1684641
88k is ok, doesn't give you a huge flat, but as long as you keep our fix costs in check it is kinda nice. finding a nice flat for an ok price will take some time, but once you got that you're fine.

>>1684645
no, just no. it shows that you never lived in Zurich and only spell cliches.
>>
>>1685590
i heard zurich is sausage town due to google, ethz, etc. is this true?
>>
>>1686621
nope, I think statistically there is 2% more womenz than menz
>>
>>1659623
Switzerland deserves to be glassed for his financial crimes against humanity

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.