[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tfw new trains built right here in the city, but they are Chinese.

Why couldn't we get a Japanese contractor instead?
>>
File: index.jpg (331 KB, 1500x938)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
> city and state are among the brokest in the US
> wondering why they ordered new trains from aliexpress

I'm all for the new 7000 series. Interiors look nice and they'll be rolling out on the red line. And I think China has just as much experience with building metros as Japan - if not more.
>>
who cares? as long as they are good trains
>>
Imo as long as it's not assembled in Dalian
>>
>>1644587
Why do modern metro cars still look so outdated in the states for example the new rolling stock of D.C., new york and boston
>>
>>1644688
Soul
>>
>>1644688
Its the unpainted metal look
>>
>>1644587
Didn't some of these new chinkshit metro trains in the US have metal cracking issues? Imagine being the world's number one superpower and buying shitty subway trains from China of all places. Is it really worth buying cheap garbage that breaks instantly?
>>
>>1644942
Dunno about other cities, but the new 7000 series seem to be very reliable. Probably due to it being manufactured here instead of China
>>
>>1644942
the ones in chicago rock a lot and are extremely loud, it's quite annoying.
i'd just like some bombardier trains for once ;-;
>>
File: HR-4000-4-Interior.jpg (127 KB, 1073x804)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1644608
Chinese HR4000 trains look like shit, lmao. They were probably the lowest bidder and have been been banned from future contracts due to dumping below price of production. Hopefully this means Americans start to buy proper Alstom/Bombardier and Siemens trains again
>>
>>1645015
Bombardier Innovia's 3s are a fucking godsend. Turned the line in Vancouver from nauseau inducing ear rape to almost no noise and perfect climate control. New versions we ordered come with wifi too now. I hope Alstom doesn't kill all of Bombardier's products, many were still best in class
>>
>>1645020
stopppp anon ur making me jealous ;-;
>>
>>1644587
Lowest price bidder mandate.
>>
>>1644587
Why couldn't we just get an American? Quality craftsmanship is called for when you've got millions of people creating wear and tear on a train every year
>muh cost
>>
>>1644608
>aliexpress
lmao, I will now forever call the new 7000 series the aLiexpress
>>
>>1646214
There aren't any american train companies. Although Alstom/Bombardier and Siemens do have plants in the US
>>
>>1644587
>constantly getting told we need to build trains, trains are the future, trains have no fleas
>the trains in question are built in China

Now it makes sense, Chang.
>>
>>1646698
*flaws, though I have seen fleas on public transit before.
>>
>>1646214
I mean, technically they are built in America

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.