[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 85 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: POSEIDON TRITON.jpg (325 KB, 1200x720)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
Come one come all to the best but surliest bike buy advice megathread on the internet.

We can help you if you let us know your price range, height, weight if applicable, BIKE inseam (if you know it), and what metro area you live in if you are looking for a Craigslist baby.

shameless plug for my boys in SoCal trying to make it as an affordable independent bike company:

www.PoseidonBike.com

Triton (Road) = 649.99
Poseidon X (gravel) =699.99
Redwood (allroad) = 899.99
>>
>>1642422

old thread
>>1639072

RIPower sweet sweet Manon
>>
File: 1608468365406.jpg (68 KB, 768x960)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I weigh 500 pounds and my shins still touch when my feet are a foot apart. What bike is right for me?
>>
>>1642422
Anybody use Microshift Advent X?

Thinking about updating from an old 8 speed shimano
>>
>>1642426
a water trike but only in 105

>>1642427
I have heard good things but I have not had a chance to try it myself.
>>
>>1642427
are you updating because it's genuinely worn out, or because it's out of service and you're too lazy to fix it up?
>>
If I’m buying a surprise bike for a qtp2t who’s over a full foot shorter than me (I have her weight height and inseam), should I be test riding the large version of the bikes I’m interested in or her size (small probably)?
Does my opinion even matter considering she knows absolutely nothing about bikes and I should just get the cutest one with the best components and not even test it?
>>
File: highlighted-quote-2.jpg (183 KB, 768x960)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>1642426
https://www.elliptigo.com/product/elliptigo-3c/
https://www.elliptigo.com/product/elliptigo-msub/
a shame the weight limit is so low
>>
>>1642491
>surprise bike for a qtp2t
don't
>>
>>1642422
>PoseidonBike.com
hey get these retards on pathlesspedaled
>>
>>1642495
But what else do I do with this burning love in my heart
>>
>>1642491
don't be a fucking simp
>>
File: spatterkino.png (2.81 MB, 1183x834)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
Bought this yesterday for £56
1991 Schwinn Impact Pro MOS with comfy as fuck early 90's spatter paint job, 100% original and in fantastic condition. What should I do with her?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-1991-SCHWINN-IMPAT-PRO-MOS-MTB-16-034-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-SPLATTER-PAINT-VGC-/154419504960?nma=true&si=EWOYTvbsiay2cxijFWMkkGPbZ%252Fg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
>>
>>1642519
Pin flats in either celeste or yellow. Raceface chesters or crankbros knockoffs.
>>
>>1642491
Do you have simp fetish? Do not buy this girl a bike, it won’t make her like you and it will probably get stolen because she it too lazy to lock it up probably.

If you like a girl, show her you like her by buying her a fucking bell or a shorter stem but not an entire bike jesus christ anon.
>>
>>1642510
something other than buying her shit
also buying a bike for someone without consulting them never goes right, simp or otherwise
>>
>>1642491
I bought and restored a miyata for my ex. I wanted to marry her. She never really rode it when we were together but now i see her boyfriend riding it around town. He's put stickers all over it for his ocean-friendly cosmetics company called Dolphin Lundgren. It makes me so angry and i'm tempted to steal it back.
>>
>>1642535
My buddy and I were smashing beers in the park one night when we stumbled upon a couple of bikes some zoomers stole and dumped in a bush.
He gave one of them to his new gf and said that he bought it for her from craigslist for $400 XD
>>
>>1642491
don't do it simp, she already thinks of (you) as "just a friend" or "like a brother"

>>1642582
what a cuck
>>
>>1642491
when you buy something for someone else they never value it
>>
Hey again,

I was >>1641464 last thread. Thanks to >>1641521 and >>1641523 for the additional replies.

I did some reading about clipless pedals/shoes, it seems SPD is the closest thing to a standard there is (there's none, from what I can tell). There's also SPD-SL, but it seems more advanced than what I need.

I was planning on starting with flat pedals/shoes and try clipless some time soon, so I'm taking a look at https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/st-500-mountain-bike-shoes/_/R-p-301219?mc=8500914&c=BLACK.

I read that a recessed cleat will help with walking /flat pedals, so I'm going to try these out at the store next week.

Thanks for the assistance!
>>
>>1642523
Screw that, put actual Crankbros stamps on there.
>>
>>1642582
>Dolphin Lundgren
that is the lamest and least funny thing i've ever heard
>>
>>1642705
I mentioned the knockoffs because he paid 75 bucks for the rig
>>
>>1642422
>shameless plug for my boys in SoCal trying to make it as an affordable independent bike company:
They actually building solid stuff or yet another hipster meme mobile company?
>>
>>1642519
imo some knockoff nylon bmx pedals would be great on there, preferably in an obnoxiously bright color. Also wrap those bar ends in pink tape
>>
>>1642688
If you want to be able to walk in clipless shoes, then yea get SPDs. That's what I'd recommend to anyone not used to riding clipless before, they're super easy to use and you can walk in the shoes for them without too much trouble. Get something like shimano ct500 shoes if you want something cheap-ish and walkable. DESU the spd-sl or look keos are only really worth it if you're already used to clipless, you're fast, and you're training hard. Otherwise they're just more of a pain and more expensive for no good reason.

I would definitely recommend trying clipless, it really is nice. It won't make you faster really, but it can help your form and help you feel more confident on the bike especially standing or sprinting
>>
please recommend a cheap roadbike preferrably pantani-core
>>
>>1642750
imho? yes
>>
>>1642750
I don't understand boomers
>>
>>1642496
The triton is a 25mm pure road bike retardo
>>
>>1642746
allez
>>
>>1642496
>>1642832
He already made a video on Poseidon: https://youtu.be/tae2qd16128 He'll probably review them again sometime.
>>
>>1642729
I own a Triton and have put 6500 miles on it in 2.5 years.
>>
File: yoroshiku.jpg (220 KB, 1265x1078)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>1642688
>walkable
I don't see why road shoes have to be walkable. Most people go out for a ride and never really have to walk anywhere.

>muh versatility
logic just as a matter of course is full retard in regard to bicycles
>>
File: 335637_1_600.jpg (126 KB, 600x600)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>1642920
If you read his original post from the last thread (>>1641088) you'll know he's asking for mtb shoe recommendations. I'm not sure why he brought up SPD-SL, but he was originally asking about mtb shoes.

>>1642688
For mtb clipless I would recommend Shimano XC 3, 5, or 7 for everyday riding, depending on your budget. I've heard good things about Giro Privateer and Specialized Recon as well. Just remember to try them on in person, cycling shoes can be a bit narrower than most sneakers. Used market is full of cheap SPD pedals for you to try. If you decide clipless isn't for you, you won't lose as much, but if you decide you like it you can get some nicer pedals.
>>
>>1642688
Don’t fuck around, get fivetens on sale and never think about it again
>>
Swiss army bike, 1945, how much?
>>
>>1642950
That front brake is a health hazard. It is for display, not for riding
>>
>>1642950
>how much?
About 22 kg
>>
>>1642907
thanks
>>
File: WATSON_00001575-777.jpg (251 KB, 1000x668)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>1642746
>pantani-core
Pantani-core is 90s race bikes. It's also peak value on the used market.
post craigslist and height. See in the pic he has a downtube shifter for his front derailer and an ergoshifter for the rear. That's true pantanicore, also lancecore.
>>
>>1642729
They only make bikes not ebikes. They make 3 or 4 models. A pure roadie, grabbel, allroad, flat bar urban
>>
>>1642731
>>1642920
>>1642924
>>1642947

Ayee, thanks for the replies.

>>1642920
>I don't see why road shoes have to be walkable. Most people go out for a ride and never really have to walk anywhere.

Like >>1642924 said, I won't just be on the road. I'm out for 3 to 6 hours at a time, 20% of the time I'm offroad, and when I am I need to be able to carry my bike up small cliffs/split sections of trail, and over creeks and boulders. Comfy shoes will help there.

>logic just as a matter of course is full retard in regard to bicycles
I've come to learn that. 1x is trash, but it's what MTBs force on us.

>>1642924
>For mtb clipless I would recommend Shimano XC 3, 5, or 7 for everyday riding
Will look into your recs. I'll make sure to try them out in person too.
>Used market is full of cheap SPD pedals for you to try.
Got it. I was thinking of hybrid trail pedals with both a platform and the clipless parts, but it's probably better to have 2 sets of pedals, one for each.

>>1642947
Not sure if EU has those, but I'll look around as well.

Thanks all!
>>
I picked up a cheap bike to ride around town and eventually some 20-30 mile rides to other towns on the bike trails. Don’t really know shit about bike maintenance, last bike I had was a frankenstien fixie. What should I do with this bike? How high should the seat be?
>>
>>1643214
Its got a bike loisence sticker from ‘81 on it which is pretty cool. Gonna have to learn to use friction shifters too.
>>
>>1643214
Nice pick up, I'm buying something similar this week for playing around with on short rides and pub runs
>>
>>1643214
>>1643215
>britfag
Just throw it out next to your economy
>>
I just bought the bike someone advised me to last week. It is a 1987 Raleigh Teton. The tires are falling apart as expected, so I need new tires and tubes. The parts where grease hits look grody as expected so I imagine old stuff should be wire brushed off or something, and reapplied. It will need a new chain too right? The shifters work but shifting not perfect. Brakes seem fine.

How much should I pay to have all this taken care of, what is reasonable? Also the wheels are Diablos is that good?
>>
>>1643189
1x is not great sure I’ll give you that but front derailleurs on a mountain bike is a fucking mess
>>
>>1643189
The guys who owned fivetens before adidas bought them work on RC “ride concepts” now
Idk if they brought the legendary rubber compounds with them but that might be a good option too
>>
>>1643255
spend some time identifying, sourcing and buying what you know you'll need, ie tyres and tubes, cables, chain etc, then find a reliable local bike mechanic to give the bike a thorough service. Avoid large chain stores for such things, they tend to overcharge and under perform, also they are very quick to begin the chin rubbing technique of selling you shit you don't really need. I use a fella who has built up a great reputation over many years by being honest and fair with his work and pricing.

He charges £60 for a full service, this includes checking things like the headset, cleaning and lubing bearings, adjusting brakes and gears, replacing cables, brake blocks, greasing up threads on pedals, stem and seat post etc, iof I already have parts that need fitting he might add £10-20 to the price for the extra labour, but often does smaller fitting jobs for free.

The most I paid him for a full service was £110, but that included all of the above plus truing both wheels, changing the bottom bracket and replacing the cassette, whenever I get bikes back from him the feel and ride like new bikes, money well spent.
>>
>>1643258
This is a metro area, local bike shops are large established high price entities. I literally cannot find small ones. I don't know about the right sizing for stuff like chains

Should I have all cables and sheathes replaced since it's 1987? The sheathes are pink and look jojo'd out as fuck I would love to keep them
>>
Personally I like the simplicity of my 1x9 and not fucking around with front derailleurs.
>>
>>1643251
It’s from Pennsylvania.
>>
>>1643264
>>1643258
Nm I just found one, $85 for full tuneup basically whatever you just said
>>
>>1642993
It was “for” war surely it’s got to be at least rideable
>>
File: shiny.jpg (77 KB, 600x450)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Should I buy it lads? Its so pretty
https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/fredericksburg-vintage-motobecane/7312490006.html
>>
>>1643370
fuck yes
>>
>>1643255
You shouldn't have bought an old bike if you weren't prepared to do basic mechanical tasks yourself. I believe I told you this. Now you're probably going to also get cucked with shit tier wire bead tires, whatever they have on hand.
>>
>>1643264
if you re-cabled yourself you could buy some decent pink jagwire cables and keep it looking original, and buy decent tanwall tires for it. A shop probably isn't going to like you taking them parts on the other hand. I would pay the shop to overhaul your hub bearings, as that's a slightly skilled/messy job and do the rest yourself. Don't be fucking lazy. You can do a better job than they will. As with cleaning it. There just isn't a margin on taking time and care with old bikes.

And if you learn some skills on this it will help you on your next, better, bike. This isn't an endgame bike.
>>
>>1643370
wtf yes
>>
>>1643358
Still it's a display piece. The first time you use that brake it will fail. It pushes a piece of rubber onto the tire, first any debris will decrease the braking power and if wet there is no braking power, plus that brake pad will slip out from braking.
My father had the same stuff when he was a kid and told me only the back brakes worked and even then it broke often as well. It only become a decent bike when he managed to get some basic caliper brakes and that wasn't easy in the eastern block.
Forget it, it is a display piece, a military memorabilia in the shape of a bike. Don't think it is an actual bike, it will get you the wrong idea, as in riding it.
>>
>>1642422
>1 half liter bottle

How do they do it bros?
>>
>>1643483
By not being an obese burger slob
>>
>>1643494
>by not riding more than 30 miles in a day
ftfy
>>
>>1643497
>stopping and refilling is not an option
Do you even ride?
>>
>>1643498
>he's near a clean water source all the time
do you?
>>
>>1643501
not him but like yeah you probably are always within relatively close proximity of an outdoor tap.
>>
>>1643503
if you're a filthy casual sure
>>
>>1643506
should be close to mountain springs then
>>
>>1643507
I ride on the mountains all the time, there's rarely ever any springs, it's mostly all dry
If you ride between towns there's hardly any water sources either
go for longer rides anons, both of ya
>>
>>1643511
are there houses? if you see someone outside their house they will always be happy to let you use their outside tap
>>
>>1643517
yeah there's a few houses but only until a point, usually at the tree line, beyond that it's just rock and sky
the point is claiming a single 500cc bottle is enough for any ride because there's always places to fill it up is just silly.
>>
File: gavia-4-best.jpg (757 KB, 1661x2195)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>1643519
*blocks your path*
*never carries any water*
>>
>>1643521
well not all of us have the luxury of a photographer/waterboy companion
>>
>>1643522
the photo was taken with a tripod
>>
>>1643511
There’s plenty of spring outlets in my mountains
>>
File: really bruh.jpg (64 KB, 574x485)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1643511
>springlets
>>
Where is the best way to sell a bicycle online? Disassembly/ packing/ shipping isn’t a problem for me, I just need a place to sell that’s safe
>>
>>1643548
Post it in multiple places. Pinkbike, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist/Kijiji, etcetera.
>>
>>1643548
post it
>>
>>1643548
Just make sure to only take pictures of the frame from the non drive side and dont add infos about the frame size or components
>>
>>1643593
Take only close up photos of the frame or rims, like mid top tube and the valve stem area.
>>
>>1643548
>>1643593
>>1643602
Seconding this. under absolutely no circumstances should you provide a photo of the entire frame. Also make sure it's lit from behind, and make sure the lens is nice and greasy.
If you're putting it on ebay, make no effort whatsoever with the description, and don't answer any questions. Make the listing "cash on collection only", don't offer shipping, and don't allow offers - because after all, you know what you got, buyers should take it or leave it.
It helps too if you describe it as "used" when it should be "for parts or not working" because the original bottom bracket is frozen in there making the frame completely unusable. Do not respond to the buyer when they raise this with you, and hope that they can't be fucked enough to open a case against you on ebay and decide to just cut their losses and scrap the damn thing.
>>
>>1643622
>It helps too if you describe it as "used" when it should be "for parts or not working"
For sure this. Be sure to write that you don't accept returns or refunds multiple times. Then, get completely belligerent when someone opens up a case with ebay because you can't be bothered to read the seller rules.
>>
>>1643529
That dude should run rivendell imo, he's probably the only person in that den of retards who has his shit together
>>
File: file.png (2.26 MB, 1632x752)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
need it or keep it? I keep hearing good things about miyatas but this seems like a lower end model. Is it any good?
~$225 / 850 PLN if there are any polish frens here
>>
>>1643593
>>1643602
>>1643622
>>1643642

Don’t forget the most important thing, price it 3x more than it’s worth and include a sentence telling people how stupid they are for making offers at the actual value.
>>
>>1643668
If it fits you and is in good shape Id say go for it, all of miyatas frames are pretty good, even the lower end ones were decent
>>
>>1643675
Aight thanks. It looks like it's in decent shape, but I need do ask the seller what size it is.
>>
File: 1618239165700.jpg (1.74 MB, 4000x2000)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
I bought this. Did I fuck up? 200€. Came with shoes. Shoes don't fit at 44 (EU size obviously). The pedals look old as do the cleats. I think I can resell this for more if I want to, but I've never owned a road bike before. I just need shoes now that work. Tomorrow going to go check out some shoes that are 30€ that might fit.

I googled this bike and found no info because they don't manufacture them anymore. The seller admitted this and he said he has replaced the entire brakes with Shimano 105 and shifting along with wheels with new parts. I don't know much about road bikes but I cannot ever find cheap road bikes. I think what I wanted was a cyclocross or a gravel. I still want to ride this a few times before I sell it, but do you guys have suggestions on how to get into road biking? We have great roads here but I'm not much of a spandex guy since I'm over 100 kg and 6"2'.
>>
>>1643672
Nah, that's what reserves are for.
>>
>>1643708
Looks like a nice bike. Ride and enjoy. In my experience even 25c tires can do a little off roading from time to time so don't sweat it. 200€ is a good price. You don't need spandex for road biking, just make sure you're wearing tight stretchy underwear. If you notice chafing your garments are too loose fitting. I think if you give it a chance you will really enjoy that bike. There's nothing like a proper road bike for riding smooth paved surfaces. Best of luck!
>>
>>1643708
Dude you didn't fuck up, that looks like a pretty solid entry level road bike, can have a lot of fun on that. I'd ride it
>>
File: 1594757031000.png (1.57 MB, 2100x1500)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>1643761
>>1643762
phew that's good to hear. He originally listed the bike for 100€ only. Said he had gotten over 70 people asking to buy it at that price range and when I offered to pick it up he said he had reserved it for someone who said he'd pay more. I offered 150€ and got no response. Then 200€ and had to wait a few hours. I told him I'd pick it up the same morning and since I don't even own a car I had to grab a bus to travel to the next city. First time doing this since last years lockdown too. Then I rode the bike from one city to the other. Never ridden a road bike before. Shoes didn't fit so I balanced with normal shoes and was riding in the car lane for the first time too. Quite an insane experience.

I tried getting the pedals off but they won't budge. Any tips? I also am constantly afraid I am going to break the bike since I'm over 100 kg and the bike is aluminum and feels like it weights 4-5 kg. My old MTB is a 10-15 kg bike, so naturally this makes me nervous to ride on something so light.
>>
>>1643823
>Any tips?
Use a torch to heat up the cranks around the pedal bolt. They're aluminium so they should get piping hot relatively quick. Then the peddals will come out effortlessly.
Next time put some anti-seize/grease on the threads before putting new ones on. Steel+aluminium tends to fuse together after a while.
>>
>>1643823
Aluminium frames are the stiffest, you did good for your weight, but your first priority is to set a diet and consistent workout, even if it means doing TV workout on a mat in the living room. Half an hour a day should work. Also ride as often you can.
Your pedals seems to be seized, before you hack at it with a blowtorch and hammer, try soaking it in penetrating oil or WD-40 for a day. When you put on your own pedals make sure you grease up the threads well, also be careful on which side is which.
BTW what is that funky seatpost rack and how do you feel about it? I also need some carry capacity for my gravel bike.
>>
>>1643823
use more force
put a long piece of pipe over your spanner
stand on it

ignore the torch nonsense comment
>>
>>1643823
remember that the left pedal has reverse thread
>>
>>1643848
"Penetrating" oil will never penetrate inside seized threads. It needs a way to get in, and it won't just magically eat its way in between the seized threads. It only works at a surface level.
>>1643849
Brute forcing seized pieces without heat is a sure way to strip threads and round bolts. Fucking idiot, you've never wrenched in your life.
>>
>>1643868
I see you didn't spend much time in school but like lecturing others
Protip: others have more and better education than you do, no matter how much time you spent "wrenching"
>>
>>1643868
>stripping a 15mm spanner bolt
>stripped the threads on a pedal by trying to unscrew it
really?
>>
1500 bucks

Disc Alu Shimano 105
9 kg

vs.

Rim brake CF 105
8 kg

I decided for the carbon model.
>>
>>1643894
wrong
>>
>>1643894
I would pick the aluminium disc brake model.
>>
>>1643905
>wrong
wrong
>>1643910
wrong
>>
>>1643894
Get rim brake alu
>>
>>1643823
>I tried getting the pedals off but they won't budge. Any tips?
if they are not too suck here is one method
lean bike at a shallow angle against a wall, the seat and handle bars along with the rear wheel can prop the bike up.
rotate the crank nearest to you so that it points towards the front wheel, and so that the pedals wrench flats are horizontal.
place the wrench so that it points towards the back wheel
(important note is to place the wrench such that the longer and thicker of the two prongs are on the top)
hold the seat with one hand and the handle bar with the other
apply the front or rear brake and lift your self onto the bike via the ball of your foot, this requires some balance
slowly shift your weight onto the heel and thus the far end of the wrench
the pedal should slowly come undone, you may have to bounce on it slightly
but after about 15 degrees of bolt rotation it should be free enough to un do by hand

when putting the pedals back on do so by hand at first, this makes it easier to tell if the thread is cross threaded
I like to apply a little NLGI 2 lithium grease to the threads
oil will also work, but tends to dry out over time
>>
>>1643875
>t. never seen corrosion in his life
>>
>>1643911
Cope
>>
>>1643841
This sounds like a fucking meme to destroy the bike.
>>
File: 1608555116181.jpg (74 KB, 400x533)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
I need shoes and cleats, are these worth 40€? It's what they are asking. All combined with pedals.
>>
>>1643985
Yeah probably only because it saves you the time of having to get all that stuff one by one, just make sure they fit
>>
>>1643989
Cheers lad. They should. My feet are 46 and these are 48. I'm buying used naturally. There should be wiggle room for socks etc. and I hear most of these shoes are 1-2 numbers smaller than shown and the seller convinced me they would fit. If not, 40€ wasted.
>>
>>1643994
bike shoes should be a snug fit. they're not for walking around, having wiggle room means your foot will move inside them when you pedal
it's impossible to just eyeball or assume a bike shoe will fit you, they all have different standards. go try them out.
>>
I’m looking to buy a second hand bike and I haven’t done any riding for more than a few minutes since I was a kid. I’ve got a few I pulled off cl that seem like they’re the right size and style that I’m looking for. I’m 6’2 wearing shoes and overweight(amerifat) and I’m trying to find something for comfy greenway rides and to get some exercise. I live in the middle of my city so I’ll probably use it on the roads a little bit, but I could care less about aero or going fast. Do any of these bikes stand out as better than the others? Any I should avoid? I’ve been looking at hybrids and rigid steel 90s mtb’s are there other styles of bike I should be looking for?

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d/raleigh-vintage-diamondback-ascent-ex/7310495469.html

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/bik/d/oak-ridge-schwinn-mtb-clear-creek/7298046239.html

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d/raleigh-schwinn-comfort-bike/7311814508.html

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/bik/d/mooresville-schwinn-high-plains/7299988225.html

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d/cary-trek-72fx-hybrid-mens-bike/7311346081.html

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/d/durham-price-drop-specialized-roll-bike/7308644360.html

And here’s a link to my local Craigslist with areas I’d be willing to drive out to if anyone feels like looking for ones I’ve missed
https://greensboro.craigslist.org/search/bia?purveyor-input=all&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=41&nearbyArea=367&nearbyArea=291&nearbyArea=36&nearbyArea=272
>>
>>1643994
That's way too big for you, IMO. Keep in mind, unlike an athletic shoe or hiking boot, these shoes aren't going to flex and "work with" that extra room. Go true to size and try some on if you can.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (168 KB, 1600x757)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Are old Cannondale Cads solid road bikes?
Im gonna look at one tomorrow for 280€, seems to be from the late 90's sold by an older guy i guess from the looks of it. of course only pics from the frame and not one of the derailleur etc. But if i dont like it i'm gonna say no like the self-confident person and not buy the bike anyway like a social retard.
>>
>>1644003
Ah its only a r400 i think i'm not even gonna look at it. A bike from the year 2000 and only tiagra for that price and given my budget doesnt seem that great.
>>
>>1644001
Well seller said he is 46 and they fit him. I also have seen many sell 46 sized one's and say they fit their 44. For some reason the shoes in EU size seem to miss the mark by 1-2 numbers. I have a 46 sized hiking shoes that have 1 size too big for winter socks, but they are a very snug fit even without winter socks.

I got 44 sized biking shoes and they do not fit no matter how much I shove my feet in there. Like my toes curl up and I can't fit my feet at all.
>>
>>1644014
Remember that sellers will sometimes say some shit to get a sale done. I would just make it very clear that you need to try them on and the sale is contingent on it fitting. I advise against using socks as a type of shim as it is. It would be better to have a no go on it not fitting vs getting stuck with ill fitting used shoes you now need to sell AND find another pair.
>>
File: 1608388676127.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>1644018
True. I did some measurements and my foot is 29 cm, so according to this chart I am a 48. This is with 0.5 cm added to my foot. I don't normally wear 48 sized normal shoes but I believe this chart is for cycling shoes specifically. If the seller is giving me too big of shoes, then I'll sell the shoes and keep the pedals and cleats. The current pedals and cleats I have are: SM-SH91, which seem to be really old and hard to find replacement for or shoes that have these cleats.
>>
>>1644020
Just make sure you try them on if possible, I’m a 44 but 45 Shimano shoes fit me so their sizing is fucked
>>
File: GiantREcon001.jpg (85 KB, 1501x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Convince me NOT to buy a 120€ headlight

I don't really do night riding, but I have a thing for lights it seems
>>
>>1643994
>>1644014
>>1644018
>>1644026
>second hand shoes
imagine the smell
>>
>>1644033
You know you can easily get rid of shoe smell with 1 trick, right?
>>
>>1644034
what is this "trick"?
>>
>>1644032
I have this exact same light except it was $20 and made by Rockbros
>>
>>1644036
There's like dozens of tricks. I hear google has many of these. I also hear smells don't last forever, bacteria die and fabric can be cleaned.

But these might just be theories. I hear the best way to clean clothing is just to not. I buy new clothing every day and throw old ones away after a single use. Money isn't a problem for me because I'm just so wealthy.
>>
>>1644036
>Throw in trash
>Take trash to outside bin
>>
File: 1450130393152.png (199 KB, 426x445)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>1644032
>paying 1000% markup on chinkshit
>not stvzo compliant
>>
>>1644036
Baking soda.
Or throw them in a washer you filthy animals.
>>
>>1644032
just get a fucking cygolite
>>
>>1644036
I smell so bad nobody notices the smell of my shoes
>>
>>1643215
WTF is a bicycle license in the US? Never heard of that?
>>
>>1642426
fat E trike
>>
File: Chain ring pentagram.png (3 KB, 202x211)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>1642519
keep the foam grips, they are dank
get black foam grips for the bar ends if you want, its extra comf
when your old pedals wear out maybe some platform pedals in turquoise to match the grips
color match will be hard, as most shades of turquoise do not have enough green to match how much the old grips have faded
https://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=10946
https://www.sortedracegear.com/parts/pedals-cleats/ht-components-pa03a-turquoise-916__32502

be careful with the rapid fire shifters with such an age to them the bolts that secure them may be loose, and the old lubricant may have dried out
make sure that the bolts holding the shifter body onto the handle bar clamp are done up securely, and check the screws that hold on any dust covers
with the bike upside down apply a weak solvent such as Acetone or Denatured Alcohol to the under side of the shifter
shift the gears up and down to help it soak into the ratchets and pawls and to displace the old lubricant
leave to dry, some will leak out the top of the shifters while the rest of it should evaporate
put in Penetrating oil as it will get into the smallest parts and clear out the rest of the grime

apply oil to shift and brake cables where ever they enter or exit a cable housing
cable movement will draw oil into the housing to a depth of around 15 mm
oil all pivots and springs on brakes and derailleur

point quick release levers backwards, so that tree branches cant undo them
fabricate an chain ring guard or get new crank set when the old one wears out
http://bernd.sluka.de/Fahrrad/Shimano/TM/FC-M563-B_1994.gif
>>
>>1644014
people are delusional, cycling shoes are supposed to have a snug fit with thin socks. measure your feet in millimeters and go up by half a size at most.
>>
>>1643214
try this as a starting point
set saddle near parallel to the ground (very slightly nose down)
take inseam measurement in bare feet (.eg 78 mm)
for length between pedal top and seat top add 10.5 % (86.19 mm) Height A
for length between bottom bracket center to seat top subtract 10.26% (69.9972 mm) Height B
just while you are at it measure the height between the seat top and the ground on my bike it is 96 mm
anyway you should be able to straiten your right leg to full extension with the ball of that foot above the center of the pedal axle
and at the same time with your left leg only just be able to touch the ground with the tip of your toe (depending on Bottom bracket height and crank length)

>>1643215
Oi you got a loicense for that ?
>friction shifters
the shifter has to move further to change to the next gear than it does to hold the chain in that gear
so you have to over shift and then trim the shifter backwards
some rear derailleurs have float on the guide pulley to help with this, otherwise known as shimano centeron
>>
>>1644197
Some states used to do bicycle registration
>>
>>1644303
This was a thing in the '70s to early '80s
>>
>>1644103
>stvzo
nobody cares, Fritz.
lmao imagine wanting your lights to be gimped by so-called "regulations"
>>
>>1644103
STVZO is based but a lot of those lights don't flash.
>>
>>1644403
damned right they don't. flashing lights are shit.
>>
>>1644404
in a perfect world you wouldn't need em. Alas
>>
>>1642426
no bike is right for you. you won't physically be able to ride one at that weight anyway.
best thing to do is get a gastrectomy or something, and exercise by walking until you're a more "healthy" weight - about 230 - which is still fucking huge but you'll be able to cycle properly and actually get fit from it, unlike at the moment where if you can somehow miraculously get on a bicycle without bursting the tyres, the best you'll be able to do is wobble along a rail trail for 2 miles which will do nothing for you physically or mentally, and will make you want to eat more which is the opposite of what you should be doing.
but seriously, you most likely need medical intervention to get your weight down at this point. and it'll take literal years, but that's the price you pay for letting yourself go so badly that you're literally five hundred pounds.
I mean holy fuck that's so unimaginably grotesquely fat. Five. Hundred. Pounds. holy shit. how does this even happen?
>>
>>1642426
just a mtb
you can do it. this guy weight 250kg and his wife left him to live with another man so he started cycling across the country
>>
>>1642426
now he's a normal weight, and got back together with his wife
>>
>>1644399
imagine wanting to blind oncoming riders and drivers and cause the problems that the light was meant to solve
>>
>>1644415
>normal weight
>>
anyone seen these brompton copies?
>>
>>1644289
Thanks for the tips! Took it out Sunday and put a few miles on it. Rides pretty good and shifts smooth after some practice . I’ll try taking the seat a bit higher like you mentioned. Had a sore as for a few days after but I expected I would after so long off a bike.
>>
>>1644445
Some knockoff folders are ok but a lot are utter shit that will break in half. Bromptons work only because they're very well made. If you want a cheaper folder maybe get a dahon?
>>
>>1644433
>murrika
>>
>>1644515
Still
>>normal weight
>>
>>1644409
>underage detected
>>
File: seat pressure point.jpg (42 KB, 800x381)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1644456
no prob, make small incremental changes to adjustment so your body has time to adapt to new posture
>taking the seat a bit higher
having the seat slightly higher .eg 3% longer than inseam allows for a bit of extra power
but its ok to run a seat 1 or 2 cm shorter than inseam length as this allows your legs to take more of the weight
>Had a sore as
old seats are kind of hard but so long as the discomfort is around the sit bones / butt its not so bad
be sure to keep pressure away from the pelvic floor .esp when riding in the drops or hoods
>after so long off a bike
ayee it gets better, if it does not take a rest and assess the situation
practice emergency braking and cornering too, its something that's easy to get out of practice with
>>
>>1644202
Eh id ride it on the beach
>>
Looking to buy new bike, haven't ridden in a few years since my old one got stolen and I couldn't afford another. Now I've got some decent income so I'm willing to pay for new.

Fuji Absolute 2.1 for 500? I want a decent offroad for some gravel/dirt trails but still something I can take on casual paved rides. I don't really know what I'm looking for but I want to keep it under 700.
>>
are state bikes actually any good, thinking about getting one of their 4130 line ones
>>
>>1644951
they're alright, components are kinda trash
>>1644899
don't be such a cheapskate, get something good
>>
I'm looking for an electric assisted bike or moped/scooter but not a motor cycle.
I'm looking for something between 500$ and 999$.
I would like it to go between 20 and 90mph.
And not need Any lisence or vehicle insurance.

Whats some good choices?

Something like this?
https://www.ancheer.shop/collections/electric-bike/products/ancheer-18-7-inch-wheel-aluminum-alloy-frame-folding-mountain-bike-cycling-bicycle-white?variant=31549096886360
>>
>>1644958
Rad power bikes
>>
>>1644525
>if you aren't morbidly obese you must be underage
copium
>>
>>1642422
sfbay
looking for a bike for my baby sister who is 4'7
looking for something used because kids grow out of bikes but hopefully not the walmart special
>>
>>1644954
>don't be such a cheapskate, get something good
I haven't biked in nearly five years and only plan to do it occasionally on the weekends. Wouldn't something more than 700 dollars or so be a waste?
>>
>>1644996
Well the question is really where are you going to ride?

That determines what bike you need
>>
>>1644996
Fuji absolute is kinda meh.

Look at the Marin Presidio 1 or 2 or Cannondale Bad Boy 3. Both better flat bar urban road bikes.
>>
>>1644899
the point of diminishing returns for hybrids is 8/9 speed components and a chromo or carbon fork and you're probably being forced to get discs at that point, so hydraulic discs too.
Below this, bikes aren't just 'less good', they're excessively shitty. You'd be better of buying used.
>>
>>1645006
I mostly plan on biking around town on paved roads, but I do want to be able to go on dirt/gravel pathways if needed. Nothing crazy, which is why I was looking at hybrids.

>>1645009
These look nice, I'll look into them. What does a more expensive bike provide? A smoother ride? Less maintenance?

>>1645021
I see. I'm just trying to find "average" since the only bike I've ever had was a hand me down. I don't know what the average bike is, or how much it costs. I'm guessing that under 1000 you're just getting worse and worse?
>>
>>1645038
a chromo/carbon fork provides a smoother ride
a not shit tier tourney drivetrain makes your bike reliable
>>
>>1645048
Thanks for the help!
>>
>>1645048
>tourney
that stuff is actually reliable, I mean Shimano are still happy to put their name to it. It may be the absolute cheapest outdated dogshit they feel they can get away with selling, (screw-on freewheels, twist grip shifters) but it isn't going to not work.
A "mid range" groupset like Acera or Alivio will be much better though and not significantly more expensive.
>>
>>1644982
24 inch MTB
>>
>>1644899
cannondale quick 3
>>
Do all bike shops only operate from 10am - 6pm during the week and 10am - 4pm on Saturday and closed Sundays? For fucks sake.
>>
>>1645136
Take the home maintenance and ecommerce pill.
>>
>>1645138
I saw lumber at $7. Pass.
>>
>>1645142
what work do you need done? most home maintenance things work out to be cheaper after just one job.
>>
>>1645136
One lbs is closed on saturdays too, and for several weeks straight during summer holidays.
I very rarely have an opportunity to patronise them.
>>
File: 20210430_124141_50.jpg (1.72 MB, 1632x1224)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>1642422
Sup my fellow Poseidonbros
>>
>steel frameset
>rack mounts front and rear
>canti/v-brake bosses
>NO disc brake mounts
>vertical dropouts
>700x40 tire clearance
>curved fork blades
what are my options?
>>
>>1645461
surly
>>
File: IMG_2415.jpg (437 KB, 1600x1195)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>1645461
>hyper specific spec
>doesn't say price
>probably like $500, if that

whatever is available used locally
>>
>>1645470
>>probably like $500, if that
what makes you think that?
>whatever is available used locally
there's nothing remotely similar to what I'm looking for locally
>>
>>1645478
>lets argue about why i think what might be the wrong thing about your budget which you didn't state instead of you saying what it is.

really cunt
>>
>>1645289
what lock are you using?
>>
File: $_58.jpg (320 KB, 1600x1200)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
do you reckon this could be easily convertet to a gravel bike? i would definitively need to replace the pedals because i'd wanna use it for my commute, but aside from that (and obviously the tires) what would i need to replace?
>>
File: $_59.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1327)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>1645523
forgot the link with more pics: https://t1p.de/xpnu

apparently 4chan thinks posting ebay links is spam so i shortened it
>>
>>1645523
what are you worried about?
>>
>>1645528
i honestly don't know what the criteria for a good gravel bike are, that's why i'm asking.
>>
>>1645527
390 euro is too high

The bar setup is COMPLETELY retarded.
Bicycles should have their brakes on the hand position which offers the most control (typically, the widest), and that setup doesn't.
It also has this huge riser stem, but the bars themselves, actually have bar-drop, for no reason at all. It goes up to come down.

I think he's charging you for his retarded bar conversion as if it's value added, but it's value detracted and you'd have to pay to change it back.
>>
>>1645531
>gravel bike
It's a meaningless term. It's like 'road bike' in that it means two things, it's a specific kind of bike, with drop handlebars and narrow tires, and it also might mean bicycles to ride on the road, and many people might not want to ride a road bicycle on the road or might happily ride other bicycles on the road and 'road' isn't specific either, what, is it hilly, flat, smooth, rough? Are you carrying anything?
>>
>>1645532
>bar setup
that's a good point
>>1645534
i see what you mean. I suppose I want a good all rounder which is fast but can also handle gravel. i also wanted to install a luggage rack since I'm planning to go on a ~10 day bike tour to crakow.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (323 KB, 1600x900)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>1645537
https://t1p.de/3z9p
another trek, that one's even more expensive. not convinced either?
>>
>>1645470
>not making tires from black duct tape applied to tubes
ngmi
>>
>>1645537
yeah it is basically that yeah
>>
>>1645541
you think a 750 multitrack like >>1645539 could fit this description?
>>
>>1645539
It's the same issue of 'gravel' being meaningless, and costly modifications being bad and included in the sale price.

If you compare the crank of the first bike to the second, the second bike has been updated with the modern system, 2 chainrings, and outboard bearings. This is lighter, stiffer, easier to work on, and will shift better.

BUT, an old triple, and that first bike has a -nice- old triple, has a lower low gear, and potential to add a significantly lower low gear, which is possibly the most important piece of spec on a touring bike, or a bike for riding gravel on (as you often cannot simply stand up to mash a big gear up a gravel hill, because your rear tyre will slip).
And the old system's bearings, when replaced, will also last a lot longer than the new systems, making the bike ultimately more reliable.

the other mark against that white trek, is that it has a freewheel hub, not a cassette hub (the modern standard, which the red bike has), which are prone to bending axles, so not great for loaded touring.

>>1645545
Well yeah, they're both fine bikes. The prices are just ridiculous. I guess they don't compare that badly to what you could get new though.
>>
>>1645539
>>1645523
the other thing about both of these, is they both have very early trigger shifters, which to me, are far far less desirable than thumbies, because thumbies are mechanically simpler, more reliable, and more compatible.

Those shifters to me, even though they're quite high spec, are practically worthless, in meh condition i wouldn't even scavenge them at the dump. But thumbies sell for like $50 all day.
>>
>>1645549
>>1645551
i see. well i'm kind of gravitating towards the second one then, though I'm concerned about the gears being to high in lowest gear. but because the region where i live as well as the route I chose for riding to crakow is fairly flat i'm thinking i might not need an extremely low gear.

what do you think would be a reasonable price then? i don't think i can find these treks at much cheaper since they're apparently quite rare (at least in europe), but maybe i could use that as a reference should i find another entirely different bike interesting.
>>
>>1645558
In NZ, you can buy a Marin Muirwoods, a good -new- mid range chromoly steel hybrid, for $820

550 € is $920
Being generous, that bike is worth maybe $400-$600, considering how good the condition is. And you could probably pick up an equivalent project without mint paint for around $200

It's hard to justify buying a used bike, even restored, that is more expensive than a new equivelant. It's quite charming though.
>>
>>1645501
Thats a speaker. Cows cant ride bikes. But I normally use a kryptonite u lock. The one people lock on their drunk friends neck.
>>
>>1645562
maybe bikes in europe are more expensive in general, i just looked up the prices for the 2021 Marin Muirwoods and it's like 900€
>>1645563
damn and i was wondering if it used some weird wire you could pull out of it haha
>>
>>1645482
I didn't mention budget because it's not a priority to me in this case, I'm just curious why you came to that assumption out of nowhere.
>>
>>1645570
>budget is not a priority to me in this case
what does that mean?
>>
>>1645572
It means I'm concerned with finding a bike that meets those specifications, then I'll worry about the price later
>>
I made the assumption btw, because many zoomers learn the notion of 'building' something custom new and ultimately generic being cheap and sensible from gaming rigs and then come here with it and it doesn't really apply to bicycles.

>>1645573
Cross Check is hard to find and like $600+
Black Mountain would be like $850 and sold out for 2 years
these are both pretty low-spec 4130 taiwan frames and don't have vertical dropouts.
Gunnar Crosshairs which is everything spec wise you said is like $1400, that's the entry price for higher spec steel and probably around the point when you'd get more and more options.

I guess you're talking more theoretically, and not exactly asking for 'recommendations' or that you even have money to spend on this. You could just say that.
>>
also it really is a totally different discussion about steel between a pretentious richfag retrodouche and a cope poorfag luddite
>>
>>1645573
if money is no object, there are surely some niche brands, i forgot the name of that australian guy who sells taiwan frames with short trail geometry, you could go full custom from various boutique frame builders
>>
I'm 5'10", 230 lbs., my budget is $400-600, and I'm in Little Rock, AR. I don't know a lot about bikes or purchasing them, but I'd like to spend $400 on the bike, and then another $200 or so on tune-up, upgrades, gear, etc. I don't have a helmet. Is it weird to wear a motorcycle helmet? What's the best way to transport a bicycle in the bed of a truck? I want to bike at the various parks in my city that have paved bicycle paths. Not interested in off-road/mountain/sport or whatever. I suppose what I want is called a road bike? I might also like to take it with me when I vacation and it is not a burden to do so. There are some downtown areas that I've been to that seemed bicycle friendly and I regretted not having a bike. Few or no cars, and lots of people bicycling to restaurants or grocery stores or just whatever.
>>
>>1645585
why do you keep assuming I'm poor, or that I'm young, or new
it's very puzzling
I'm just looking for the perfect frameset
thanks for the recs, gonna look into gunnar
>>
File: 1609765527973.jpg (2.79 MB, 4000x2000)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
How do I get the shoe out of the pedal?
>>
>>1645643
rivendell?
>>
>>1645663
Ha! I made the same mistake when I first bought my shoes. I managed to unclip it by hand force.
If you can't do that then I guess just mount the pedal on a bike to get better leverage.
>>
Just bought this old triple triangle GT hybrid for $120. Some of the teeth on the biggest chain ring are pretty worn, and I’m not a fan of the grips on the flat bar, other than that I’m pretty stoked, it rides great and I love how it looks
>>
File: 1595881820127.jpg (184 KB, 1400x1400)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>1645681
fuck lol, I won't damage it by mistake tho? I felt the shoe kind of "bend" under my pressure. which way do I bend it? forward? back? sideways?
>>
>>1645461
https://blackmtncycles.com/frames/monstercross-frames/
that's close except has horizontal dropouts. Imo horizontal is better anyways
>>
>>1645643
>why do you keep assuming I'm poor, or that I'm young, or new
because we all are
>>
>>1645689
what? you turn it to the side. Shouldn't take that much force. If you're new to clipless i recommend adjusting the little tension adjuster all theway down. I've been riding clipless for years and still use the lowest tension, never unclipped by accident
>>
>>1645683
nice buy anon, if the teeth on the big chainring are worn badly, check the length of the chain, possible it's worn out, and if so it'll wear your drivetrain down. Replacement chains are like $10
>>
>>1645694
I am new and what you just said doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't know how to even unclip.
>>
>>1645694
Obviously they're new. Only a newbie would make the mistake of clipping in a shoe in an unmounted pedal.

>>1645699
You unclip by twisting the heel outward.
>>
>>1645696
When I was buying it I put it into the biggest gear and tried pulling the chain away from the chainring. It seemed to have very little play
>>
>>1645638
>I'm 5'10", 230 lbs., my budget is $400-600, and I'm in Little Rock, AR. I don't know a lot about bikes or purchasing them, but I'd like to spend $400 on the bike, and then another $200 or so on tune-up, upgrades, gear, etc.
I appreciate that you've budgeted 200 for repairs and gear.
> I don't have a helmet. Is it weird to wear a motorcycle helmet?
Generally it's a bit odd unless you are doing downhill MTB then you want full face. But you can pick up a good hemet for $60 from any major maker.
>What's the best way to transport a bicycle in the bed of a truck?
They make these little wheel locks that you mount to your bed and then roll the bike into that. you then last a bungee across the bed and voila. Or mount a bike carrier to your square hole trailer hitch.
> I suppose what I want is called a road bike?
a road bike or gravel bike or allroad bike will work fine for you but since your budget is 400 your best bet is craigslist and a full LBS tune up.

>I might also like to take it with me when I vacation and it is not a burden to do so.
you can carry your bike on a plane you just disassemble it and place it in a special bag. or an LBS can pack and ship it to the destination.

Only two bikes I would buy on your craigslist and one fits you perfectly and appears to be well taken care of:

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/bik/d/sherwood-2006-cannondale-r700-58cm-road/7313161383.html

That's a CAAD8 by Cannondale, one of the iconic bike makers in the US. They sponsor the EF education race team. The CAAD is known as the sleekest, most aggressive true road bike made out of aluminum you can get for the money. A new one is $1600. This one is $450. It will bring you unmitigated joy, guaranteed.

If at 230 lbs you start breaking spokes just buy a $199 wheelset online that has 32 spoke wheels. But you should be fine with the wheelset they have on there. You will also want to buy a pair of pin flat pedals by Chester or ISSI (or anyone really).
>>
>>1645683
unless the biggie ring skips don't worry about it but change your chain anyway and change it when it is stretched more than .75 as measured by a $3 chain tool.
>>
File: 10000 hours in paint.jpg (499 KB, 2048x1360)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>1645638
>Is it weird to wear a motorcycle helmet?
Yes, don't do that as you'll end up with heat stroke.
>What's the best way to transport a bicycle in the bed of a truck?
Pic related with the derailleur side up, or spend money on a rack made for truck beds.
>>
>>1645707
>Only a newbie would make the mistake of clipping in a shoe in an unmounted pedal.
You'd think that, but I've done that on purpose to check that a cleat was positioned the way i wanted it then realized i was a tard and had to screw my pedal into a bike to get my shoe off :)
>>
>>1645712
It shouldn't have play on a chainring b/c the teeth on the chainring are curved in more. Try measuring it with a ruler like shown here https://www.sheldonbrown.com/chain-wear.html
>>
>>1645726
also sometimes easier to take the front wheel off depending on how much space you have in your bed. If you have nice paint you want to protect i recommend wrapping rags around your frame
>>
>>1645735
If you have the crank up on the side resting on the bed, the bike will rest on the pedal, the saddle (sitting on the wheel hump), and the wheels. Also, if you put it in at an angle, like drawn, the wheels will keep it from sliding back and forth in the bed when accelerating and braking the vehicle.
>>
>>1645756
To add, if you are careful you can get multiple bikes in this way. I've gotten 3 without damaging any of them. It, however, takes some Tetris skills and patience.
>>
>>1645638
>I'm 5'10", 230 lbs
I'm slightly more than 5'10". you weigh more than 1.5 of me, and I'm not skinny.
what in the fuck is wrong with America?
>>
>>1645721
Just as a matter of vanity, what would painting it black do to the value and/or how much would it cost? I can live with it the way it is, but it's just an aesthetic that i would prefer.
>>
>>1645764
Alcoholism, over-eating, and sedentary lifestyle. I have a desire to move my body again.
>>
>>1645765
painting a bike properly is a very difficult process, really easiest way to do it is to pay a car body shop to do it for you, but you'll have to strip the old paint first which is very hard. I would absolutely not recommend painting a bike unless its a very nice classic bike you are restoring or an absolute shitmobile you don't mind ruining with a rattlecan paint job.

Also i wouldn't recommend a caad for somebody overweight new to cycling, jsut because it'll be very uncomfy for you at first, but that's just my 2c. That is a great bike tho, i rode a caad10 for a while and loved it
>>
>>1645778
Its got a fredstack, he'll live. But I feel like going down to little rock and buying it myself after hearing the guy wanted to paint it.

Im 6ft4 270 lbs and I ride a bike with nearly identical geo to that caad
>>
File: bikentruck.jpg (104 KB, 960x540)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>1645758
just put the front wheel over the back of the bed with a blanket to protect the frame imo
>>
>>1645573
>>1645608
>australian guy who sells taiwan frames with short trail geometry
crust
>>
>>1645707
>>1645733
i saw a bike youtuber do it, don't think they were a newbie. if i hadn't seen it i might have done it myself.
>>
>>1645643
because you refuse to say otherwise
>>
>>1645765
it would cost hundreds and be a big pain even if you have all the tools etc and it would lose value
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtEHnnGwio4
>>
>>1645863
>>1645778
If you just want to paint the bike and don't give a shit about whether or not it looks good, and are willing to destroy resale value in the process, a $15 can of black spraypaint and some plastic bags and maksing tape to cover anything you don't want painted will get the job done. It will look like dogshite tho
>>
>>1645638
https://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/d/siloam-springs-restored-vintage-road/7302349387.html

this is -perfect- for a casual road bike.
>>
how you boys feel about /titanium/
for the price and the weight this seems like an amazing deal
https://austin.craigslist.org/bik/d/austin-radman-litespeed-titanium-road/7315369017.html
>>
>>1645638
https://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/d/springfield-trek-890-mountain-bike-steel/7310780105.html
https://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/d/fayetteville-red-trek-1993-singletrack/7302334093.html

these two would make great cruisers

https://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/d/bella-vista-two-glide-cycle-pt-runners/7311829159.html
this is pretty cool too
>>
>>1645870
the meme wheel size ruins it
the aesthetic is kinda cringe
most of the time i'd rather have meme tier steel.

and you'd really want to scrutinise all the welds for cracks.
>>
>>1645872
>and you'd really want to scrutinise all the welds for cracks.
yeah that's a good point, could be extra cheap because he's trying to offload it on some schmuck who doesn't notice its damaged
>>
>>1645874
it's not that cheap
you'd only jump at buying it if it's specifically what you want and it won't be for anyone
>>
>>1645870
titanium is a meme and even if he isn't bullshitting about the weight you give up a lot of stiffness and aero. ~20 lbs is probably doable with a rim brake aluminium bike without breaking the bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTjg1TFHDc
>>
>>1645877
even a brand new trek domane al 2 isn't terribly heavy or expensive (21 lbs / $950). you can get the weight down some more with cheap upgrades like a chinese carbon saddle, kapton rim tape, tires, and inner tubes.
>>
>>1645870
Dont like his attitude, hard pass on the 650b 23mm wheelset. Yuuck!

The mismatched tires with one being a kenda, him not even replacing the leaky tube makes you wonder if it is as loved as claimed.

Its a red flag like when you go to buy a used car and it isnt detailed or they didnt wipe down the engine bay
>>
>>1645881
people who 'care about' their cars are often the people who thrash the fuck out of them
>>
File: bikes.jpg (307 KB, 1376x1194)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
I'm looking for an all-around bike for commuting, doing trips in the weekends, maybe take it on a vacation to scandinavia or some shit, light offroad in fields, but not many real forests around here.

I really like Cube bikes visually, so I narrowed it down to these two. I like the right paintjob more, but it's way more expensive for a few components, so I'm leaning towards the cheaper one.

Are any of these two half decent?
>>
>>1645985
the cheaper one isn't fundamentally worse, but the more expensive one is incrementally better in a valid way, so both make sense. Paying to get the paint you want (i agree it looks much better especially with tanwalls) makes a lot of sense, but the price difference is a fair bit, so, either, sure.

I wouldn't buy a bike like that but meh.
>>
>>1645988
>I wouldn't buy a bike like that but meh.

Because you don't want/like the type/model, or because it's a bad bang for my buck you mean?
>>
What model does this look like?
>>
>>1645991
not him but usually a rigid fork is recommended if you aren't doing heavy offroading. at 850-1000 euros you can probably start looking at bikes with a carbon fork or you could get a used 90s steel mtb for ~150-200 euros and put new tires and other parts on it for less than ~400 euros total cost.
>>
>>1645985
Had one, fork is shit, absolutely no go for offroad, just a thinly veiled pogo stick. Anything trail or any light offroad you'll need at least a 100mm dampened suspension fork with air shocks. Lighter and actually keeps your tires on the ground in traction instead of pogoing you off into a tree. Even straights are a health hazard on a fucking pogo stick suspension.
>>
>>1645998
>>1645997
So basically in this range, and for light off-road, a front suspension fork is unnecessary and a meme?
>>
>>1645877
aw, that's kinda disappointing :(
i wanted to beliebe in memes
>>
>>1645993
hard to read the decals from that pic, but looks like a low end hybrid. I wouldn't pay more than $50, and only would pay that if it worked well and didn't need to much work
>>
>>1645721
>>1645726
>>1645735
>>1645756
>>1645758
>>1645764
>>1645778
>>1645791
>>1645863
>>1645866
>>1645869
>>1645871
thanks for help, guys
this is a cool board

Thanks for the help.
>>
File: jake_the_snake.jpg (107 KB, 1000x589)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
thoughts on the Kona jake the snake?

I'm thinking about getting a gravel/allroad bike for commuting to my new job. I have an old Gazelle Holland Bike which brought me to my old job, but this was a 7 min. ride and since gas prices are going through the roof, I'm really considering getting something faster and those gravel bikes seems to hit that sweetspot but I am inexperienced in buying high quality bikes. Are there other recommendations for gravel bikes, maybe some manufacturers that are not so well known (like cube, kona, cannondale etc) but still good?
I am 180cm, ca. 90kg and I would like to spend 1k-2k Euros. (I'm a Hans btw.)
Every Info is appreciated.
>>
>>1645683
I am jelly. Nice buy, Anon.
>>
>>1646131
What does your commute look like? Road/offroad, riding conditions, etcetera. What else are you planning to do with the bike? I suspect that a gravel bike will not be the right bike for your particular use case. If your going to be riding on paved surfaces and light gravel/dirt you should consider an "endurance road" bike. Also you can find really good deals on some nice bikes on the used market so don't limit yourself to only buying new.
>>
fortune legit has the brightest minds
>>
>>1645734
I used a tape measure with this method and it seems dead on. If new chains are 10 bucks I’ll probably just get one anyway, it looks like one of the links has been replaced with an old one or something

>>1646148
Ty anon
>>
File: bikes2.jpg (327 KB, 1380x1260)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>1645997
>>1645998
>>1645988
Would these be better then, having a rigid fork, mostly the left?
(right is a bit too pricey imo)
>>
>>1646170
looks great, the left is fine
>>
>>1646168
Was that chain used in a coal mine?
>>
>>1646168
That's a quick link. It's used for disconnecting the chain without a chain tool.
>>
>>1646170
Yes. Those look good. I suggest adding some bar ends on the inside of the grips to provide more hand positions. Pic related.
>>
How much can I sell a 2012 Giant Defy 1 for?
>>
>>1646187
prices are all over the place now with covid. i would guess 400-600. maybe ask for more if you aren't in a hurry to sell it.
>>
>>1646188
>i would guess 400-600
sorry i meant that in british pounds. you might get more in US dollars.
>>
>>1646170
Looks good, maybe you can upgrade the suspension with a Redshift stem. Won't make it into a full out off-road bike but it actually dampens bumps and vibration. Use the biggest volume tires you can fit for increased comfort.
The chainrings might give you some frustration on the trails, a 46/30 type would be preferable for better climb and trail/gravel rides
>>
>>1646170
Maybe look for an actual gravel bike, Cannondale Topstone AL, Merida Silex etc...
>>
>>1645985
Get a bicycle.
Why do people need to be spoon fed like this?
>>
>>1646168
>SRAM PC830
she's good for another 20 years don't you worry
>>
is this any good?

https://www.bergamont.com/global/en/product/bergamont-grandurance-6?article=281082055
>>
File: Egypt_meme.jpg (179 KB, 819x1024)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
/g/entomen dropping by, so not sure if this is the best thread to post this in.

What's the deal with cantilever brakes? I just finished fixing up an old 80/90's mountain bike and they were a total bitch to setup, which isn't that big of a deal in and of itself, but the return springs on the front one's are so soft that they barely work, despite all the cables being under tension I'm afraid to replace them since with stronger return springs, I'm not sure I'd be able to even get the damn things setup.

The rears work quite well so the bike is usable (the front's work to an extent, but you have to throw the lever out and then squeeze it as hard as possible to get it to work.
>inb4 not adjusted correctly
They're spaced off the rim about as much as the rears and they're working fine.
>>
>>1646185
thanks

>>1646177
I bought it from a guy who bought it in West Virginia so probably, yeah

>>1646206
Probably just gonna replace it anyways considering I’m unsure if I measured correctly and it’s dirty as fuck
>>
File: wd40_btfo.png (236 KB, 607x608)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>1646228
Disregard, just sprayed some PB blaster in the crevices of the level mechanism and squeezed it and it's good as new (Not really lol, but it works well enough)
Good stuff that PB blaster
>>
>>1646228
>>1646235
Glad you got it to work. In the future please direct your bike maintenance related questions to the /bqg/. Thank you.
>>
>>1646228
cantilever brakes have lots of variables and are prone to not work well for a large number of seemingly insignificant reasons. They're one of the things that takes luck or experience to do well.

Did you upgrade the pads to kool stops?

You also might want ton consider just upgrading to cantis with new springs and spring adjustment, rather than replacing those springs. tektro cr720 are very good and cheap and come with a bunch of hardware.
>>
>>1646228
and also, if your lever itself isn't springloaded, upgrading that would help a lot.
>>
>>1646251
I heard, from some youtube video, that cantilever brakes are "short pull" and that V brakes are "long pull" and thus you'd have to replace your levers when upgrading form cantis to V beaks which seems a bit too much work for this bike since I don't plan on doing anything hardcore with it, just stuff that YouTubers for new bikes call "gravel bikes"
>>1646252
The brakes are spring loaded, however it's just super strong, which makes it difficult to setup the brakes so I'm afraid replacing them with new one's would just make it impossible to setup. Although if I do feel if I need additional performance then how they're doing now, I'll definitely just upgrade to V brakes or whatever. (desu I lol at the idea of disc brakes on a bike)
>>
>>1646253
oh, the springs are -too- strong? No tension adjustment?
If you unbolt the brakes then you might have a few different holes to put the springs in on the frame posts, to adjust tension. And you could also set the brake pads with the springs not in the hole, so no tension.

V-brakes are not an upgrade btw. They're just easier to setup.
>>
>>1646253
>The brakes are spring loaded,
the levers lad. The brake levers. Are they spring loaded? That counter-acts the brake arm springs
>>
>>1646254
false. v is better than canti and better than (you)
>>
>>1646254
No there's not any adjustment screws on the brakes and there's only one hole to set the springs in so I'm kind of SOL there. I set the angle of the pads without any tension, however the tricky part is setting the distance with them under tension, which I assume they need to be, because I don't think I could pull them back far enough under tension to get the spring around.
>>1646255
Ah, no I don't believe the levers are spring loaded, just the brakes, however after the pb treatment they're working OK as of now, althoug certainly not 100%, however I'd probably just upgrade to V brakes rather than fiddling with them anymore. (although they are satisfactory atm so I'll probably leave them be, unless they're inadequate for hardpacked trails, which I don't think they'll be)
>>1646260
Can canti and V brakes use the same levelers or would they have to be switched out if I did upgrade?
>>
>>1646261
he doesn't know because he's a v-brake luddite. I'll answer your question if you stop refering to it as an upgrade.

what pads are you using anyway. THAT might be an upgrade.
>>
>>1646276
I put new pads on about 6 months ago, and essentially didn't work on the bike at all during that time, they're a brand called "jagwire" which I'm sure aren't high end, but they are new, since I figured whatever pads that were on there were probably dry rotted when I began working on it.
>>
>>1646131
Kona makes good bikes. I'm not a fan of Apex 1x11. I've always found Apex to be clunky when compared to Rival and above. I'm also not a fan of SRAM shifting, and the TRP HY/RD brakes are meh. The Cube Nuroad Race looks nice. €1300 or so with 11sp GRX and fully hydro brakes.
>>
>>1646191
thx
>>
>>1646154
I made a test ride saturday and there are all kinds of different pavements, even some gravel, I have to ride through parks, bumby roads with holes in it, I'm going uphill over a long bridge. I could short cut through field, but not with my holland bike, its a mix of everything.
>>
>>1646197
they're in a different league price wise. i wouldn't use them for commuting unless i could put them somewhere to shelter them from rain and theft.
>>
>>1646176
>>1646186
>>1646195
Thanks for the advice, they look pretty great and seem right for the use I have in mind, I might look into those other bars later on
>>
>>1646129
Report back, also post in /pybt/ often. We want to mire your ride.
>>
>>1646307
The same thing I said as well, now I ride a gravel bike and never regretted my choice
>>
>>1646297
Yeah. I think an endurance road bike will serve you better. Whatever you decide on, make sure it has proper mounts for racks and fenders. Also make sure to select the right tires for your riding surfaces.
>>
What are your go-to online sites if you’re looking for bikes? Local bike shop is sold out... I’m over it.
>>
>>1646629
rosebikes
>>
what happened to all the cantilever, pre-disc-brake cyclocross frames? I've never seen a single one for sale
>>
>>1646629
everywhere is out of stock

But more seriously, all online retailers are pretty much the same when it comes to bike parts - some dropship more than others but really, you pay your money and they ship your stuff, so buy wherever is cheapest. I've ordered from all the big chains in the US and currently work for one of them that I won't name and it's same basic experience no matter where you go. They all get the same stuff in the same boxes from the same distributors.
>>
>>1646641
CX has never been anywhere near as popular as road or MTB, so there's just fewer frames in the wild. In theory before the current "gravel" trend a CX bike with cantis could make sense for riders looking for go-anywhere road bikes, but since manufacturers made bikes with racing in mind, tight geometry and clearance for the limit of 35mm or 33mm tended to limit their appeal in practice.
>>
is this worth buying? i've only ridden a road bike for 2 years, but i want to ride some forest trails too away from cagers. it doesn't look bad
>>
>>1647077
>8 speed in (1999+22)
>globohomo grey
>meme 31.8mm bars
>tourney
>square taper in (1999+22)
>suntour greasy spring "suspension" in (1999+22)
>mechanical dick brakes
>>
>>1647077
>PAW
>STEERING WHEEL
>INFLUENZA
>DRAILER
>MEDIUM MOVEMENT
>TEAMS
>KURBELI
>TIRES made of alloy
the fuck?
>>
File: OP's typical day.jpg (17 KB, 500x453)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1647091
>meme 31.8mm bars
What?
>>
>>1646278
Jagwire makes nice cables, didn't know they made pads
>>
>>1647102
the site translator is fucked
>>1647091
can you type normally please
>>
>>1647111
Anon doesn’t like it. And without price it’s hard to comment. To me, looks like an entry level LBS bike.
>>
>>1647107
standard ISO handlebar clamp size is 25.4mm. You might also see 26.0mm on drop bars.
>>
>>1647091
>>1647165
forgot to add:
>chode stem to fix crap modern geometry
>chinese ditchfinder tyres
but generally it just seems like a really boring bike. at least a BSO has character. fuck, that thing basically is a BSO, just (presumably) with a big brand price, so it's the worst of both worlds.
>>
Hey guys! There is a cycle-to-work program at work. It basically works out to 500 eur discount on a new bike, so I'm thinking of buying something relatively nice (1-2k EUR). All my experience so far is with city bikes with internal hubs.

As for me, i'm 6'2", and coming in at a relatively chunky 210 lbs. I see myself maybe losing 20 pounds from here. I do have a few restrictions. Got a hip replaced so I shouldn't cycle too much or lean forward too much, so deep drop bars are a big no-no, or I might dislocate.

I'm looking for something for chill weekend rides of 30-50 KM, as well as occasional casual touring... so a rack + fenders (or at least the possibility of mounting them) is a must... maybe some commuting as well, but I'd prefer to use my beater bike for that, as bike theft is big here.

I don't really care for going too fast, so there might not be much of a need for a road groupset. As much as I would love to be able to build the stamina to do that, it would be irresponsible considering that one of the parts of the hip replacement is made out of plastic. Don't want to wear it out too quick.

Here's what I've seen that fits the bill, both price wise and feature wise:

- Cube nuroad race FE
- Giant revolt 0
- Ribble CGR AL
- Triban RC520 (from Decathlon)
- Bulls Grinder 3

What do you guys think? Advice will be much appreciated.
>>
File: 5949316640673318567.jpg (448 KB, 1434x1076)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
I bought this '91 Raleigh Talon CX for $120 today. The guy I bought it from had over a 100 bikes and motorcycles combined. He also owned a lot of model trains and unopened Revell model kits. He's a mechanic by trade, but recently retired. I'm hesitant to even share this, because it feels like LARPing to appeal to the typical /n/ poster. It was the most surreal 2-3 hours of my life.

We rode a couple of bikes around his neighborhood that forms a 1.1 mile loop, and the Raleigh was the one he suggested I take for a spin. I don't know a lot about bikes, and I was so impressed with the situation, that I probably would have bought it even if I didn't like riding it, just to not offend the guy. lol

But it was a perfect fit as far as I could tell, and I got to walk around with him and chat about all his bikes. He had a little bit of everything. I met him through a post on craigslist. The vast majority of postings are by amateurs, and I had no idea what I was about to walk into. Any indication was completely absent. Dude just humbly makes regular posts.

He tuned it up, but he said I would need to clean it. He also said the tires would need replacing eventually. The tires don't have matching air valves. His pump had both adapters, so I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I find that annoying.

Anyways, since my budget was like $600, what the fuck should I do to this thing? I want to clean it up and really take care of it. The handles look a bit dirty, as evidenced by the picture. Should I use some kind of old t-shirt and distilled water or something to wipe her down? I'll happily pay a LBS for a tune-up, but I need some general direction on how to narrow one down and what to actually request, and avoid things that are bogus or up-sells.

The seat is a tad uncomfortable, but I haven't ridden in years, so I may just need an adjustment period, but I like the position and angle it's in. I plan to ride this on paved roads at parks.
>>
>>1647177
nice blog post, Fritz. nobody cares.
>>
>>1647180
It's a bike thread, of course some of us care, you mongrel. Don't listen to this guy, OP.
>>
>>1647171
>standard ISO handlebar clamp size is 25.4mm.
Yes I know, however that is not a road bike faglord. The standard is 31.8mm for MTB now, due to the handlebars needing to be as wide as the bike is long.
>>
>>1647179
>I probably would have bought it even if I didn't like riding it, just to not offend the guy. lol
Reddit: the post
>>
>>1647197
their post is more spaghetti in pockets which is a 4chan thing rather than le rebbit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77 KB, 1822x431)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1647179
lol me in 40 years

>how to clean grips (and bikes in general)
get a bucket of hot soapy water (dish soap is fine) and a rag. For cleaning things with tacky residue or oil type crud that doesn't come off easily, use either an aerosol degreaser you spray on and wash off with water (the stuff for cleaning engine bays is quite good), or, more often, a solvent like kerosene.

You could just treat yourself to some nice new grips. I like the silicon type like Redmonkey Karv and i like oury. And you install them with isopropyl alcohol as a lube to slide em on, which will evaporate out.

As for tires, well, that's the best place to spend money. It's 700c right?
get some tanwall panaracer paselas, as wide as will fit.
As for the valve issue, you can use presta valves in schrader holes (which are wider) but the valve stem will pull through and is prone to damage there. So you want a grommet there. You can buy specific ones. Grommet.

That looks like a relatively cheap saddle. I would replace it. Another place you could splash some cash would be on a b17 brooks. Some people hate them, but they are the ultimate in comfort and style. And you can resell it easily if you don't like it. If you don't want that, I would look at mtb saddles, which will have some padding, but not excessive like WTB volt.
I'd also splash money on nicer pedals. I like the more expensive (smoother bearings) nylon/plastic ones for bmx.

To spend money on servicing, check all the bearings, if any are rough of with play, you cuold pay a shop to do them, or do it youself. Other than that, buy a chain wear tool (~$5) and some chain lube and keep on top of that. And ride it.
>>
>>1647179
the other thing you should do, is get a tub of grease. Could be bike-grease, or wheel bearing grease from an autoparts store, or whatever.
Remove your seatpost and stem annually and clean them and grease them.
When you remove a bolt, clean it with kerosene, or wd40 or crc, and then dry it with a rag, and grease the threads.
Grease handlebar clamps. Grease saddle rails lightly. If you change your saddle. Grease those bolts. Grease pedal threads.

I wouldn't take things apart too often gratuitously to grease them, but just kind of habitually cleaning and greasing things will keep everything in good condition and stop most noises.
>>
>>1647293
fuck presta valves
>>
>>1647301
lol why
>>
>>1647301
if he has 1 presta drilled 1 schrader drilled rim and wants to use the same valves, bar drilling, he has to use presta.

it is also much easier to find 700c presta tubes, so if you commit to 700c schrader you're kind of cucking yourself out of buying tubes easily.
>>
>>1647077
>ridden a road bike for 2 years
and you haven't learned anything about bikes? the rockhopper is like the cheapest you can get without going into ridiculous walmart/bikesdirect territory. it's not complete garbage but it's not that great either.
>>
newfren here visiting from /tv/
I had a merida full suspension mountain bike i was really happy with. but new repairs would cost 500€ and the frame is too small for me at this point anyway. (bought it 8 years ago)
So now I am looking for a high quality mountain bike that will last me at least 10 to 15 years (if not more). I will use it for commuting, off-road and mountainbiking.
specs:
height: 203 cm tall - 6.6 ft
weight: ~ 90 kg - 198 lbs
bike inseam: 90-95cm - 2.9-3.1 ft
price range: no budget. the prize-value ratio should be correct though
Thanks a lot in advance
>>
would you buy a bike that you like, but only can barely clear the top bar with a bit of tippy toes? and the seat is as low as it goes, so you can always go higher, but never lower. but once mounted, it's a very comfortable ride.
>>
Liteville. High quality, aluminum, large choice of sizes and generally well-equipped. Not cheap but definitely worth it.
>>
>>1647308
what would it cost to replace both tires (the rim and spokes and all)? there's minor weather cracking on the tire
>>
>>1647437
the wheels (rims, spokes, hubs) are far more expensive than just the tires. around $200 for a set of wheels that aren't even better than your current ones. decent folding tires can be had for around $50-100 a set.
>>
>>1647438
what's a folding tire? can i change the schrader valve on the front tire to presta?
>>
>>1643521
At least he redpilled me on wheels.
>>
>>1647433
No. Bike fit is literally the most important thing in choosing a bike.

t. manlet
>>
Looking into a bike, Sirrus X 3.0. I'm not too familiar what I should be looking for aside from nicer parts, disc breaks, ect. How does this look for a town bike with dirt trails?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.