[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 261-zero-scooter_1080x.jpg (52 KB, 1080x1080)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I'm buying one of these and you fags can't stop me
>>
File: 20201120_105706.jpg (1.19 MB, 3264x1836)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
I just got an XR to match my Pint and gave my pint to my wife. Onewheels are the way to go
>>
File: 1603794280211s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1576001
I'm gonna try to high jack your shit thread because 4chan half banned me and I can't make my own.

Anyways why is it when I'm riding my MTN bike I once in a while get people shouting at me like
HEY LET ME HAVE THAT.
HEY GIVE ME THAT BIKE.
and when I ride near a bunch of what I assume is high schoolers in a group theyll sometimes yell random shit at me sounding like they wanna start a fight.
why do people do this shit?
what's so special about me riding a damn bike it makes me a target for annoying tards?
>>
>>1576335
Are you an African American gentleman by any chance?
>>
>>1576335
Jesus christ Anon. Where the fuck do you live??
>>
File: 1604156968129.jpg (31 KB, 728x483)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1576337
I'm around 70% white and a quarter native.
So no I'm not a dindu and I dindu nuffin.
I's be a good boy
>>
>>1576338
northern california humboldt county.
>>
I'm riding a trek marlin 5 I know it's a mid range price bike paid around 600 for it.
is this like driving a Ferrari to these people are something? lol why do these people want my effin bike?
>>
only difference is I don't ride with the seat jacked all the way up like in this pic because I stand while riding the whole time.
>>
>>1576340
I live in SF, also a native mutt, can confirm friends and i yell at people on bikes, very fun
>>
>>1576459
John hicks is that you?
>>
>>1576468
Am not baseball man
>>
>>1576335
Bro put your headphones in and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. It's like you enjoy the noise of car tires and retarded normalfags.
>>
>>1576001
I shit on scooterfags a lot but that thing honestly looks like it would be really fun to ride around when you're drunk.
REALLY fun.

Especially considering some go 50mph. Now if only they didn't cost twice as much as my motorbike...
>>
take the float pill
>>
>>1576335
>>1576341
I used to ride a folder and people would always ask about it when I was locking up. But they were very polite about it
>>
>>1576001
good on you. i rode one awhile ago. I'm not gonna go and buy one. but it was pretty fun.
>>
>riding escooter
>going down hill on two way bike lane
>two teenage girls coming other way
>pull a wheelie as I go past for fun
>girl shouts "you a fackin pedo or sumfin?"
>ride away
>>
>>1576830
Take the EUC pill.
>>
>>1576335
Its california anon of course you have a bunch of barking retards on every street corner
>>
>>1577281
post pics
>>
File: V5f.png (3.06 MB, 1677x1080)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB PNG
>>1577887
That's my first girl.
Now I got tesla but there is snow outside. Can't wait this meme called "winter" ends.
>>
File: 2020.11.jpg (2.6 MB, 3840x2160)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>1578086
Here is me and my new tesla.
>>
>>1577057
zish is that you
>>
File: IMG_20200614_044053_1_1_1.jpg (1.16 MB, 2648x3655)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
cute
>>
>>1576001
I have a 32 year old coworker who bought one of those.
>Flannelshirt
>Soibeard
>Slacks
>Suspenders
>Bowtie
>Skater helmet
He just completes the fucking picture when riding his little toy.
>>
>>1578484
I hope he owns iphone and MacBook.
>>
>>1578498
He's the biggest MacFag I know.
>>
>>1578484
>>1578498
I forgot to mention:
>Sleeve tatoos
>Burlap messengerbag
>>
>>1578233
not everyone has 7000 USD to spend on a 100lb scooter with the lights from an eastern European brothel
>>
>>1576335
I once had some urban youths throw a shoe at me, taken off of his own foot. It landed about 50 feet behind me, did to my incredible speed
>>
>>1576502

I used to shit on scooterfags and write them off as fags and soys until a group of us started fucking about with some hire ones after a night out in the summer. Then I realised it's actually a great laugh and eventually ended up buying one a month or so later and use it for almost everything now. Haven't used public transport, hire bikes or spent anything on travel in months now.

Probably wouldn't have bothered though if I didn't have a decent cycle path network where I live though, if it was just for roads only don't think it'd be worth it or as enjoyable dodging cars and having cagers constantly trying to cut past you. It's great at night though to just ride around with empty roads and no pedestrians, it's then you can really appreciate what they're good for.
>>
Getting a scooter was one of the best purchases I made this year.
I thought they were total fag mobiles at first, but they're surprisingly fun to ride and very fast. Best part about them is that they're door to door transportation, which makes them really damn fast.
Haven't touched public transportation ever since I bought it and the scoot already paid itself back in bus fares.

Problem is that my current scooter has only 40km range on a good day and a 350W motor. Doesn't have enough torque to go up the hills fast and that kills the average speed.
Pic related has 2 x 1000W motors. Should reach 100km range or even more and do about 60km/h on flats. Costs only €1100 too so not bad at all.
>>
>>1578625
Should have picked it up and rode off.
>>
>>1579087
Lol this
>>
>>1576001
I overtook you yesterday on my new e bike haha faggot
>>
>>1579800
Let's see you stow your ebike away under your desk at work...
>>
File: 1607031256459.jpg (91 KB, 620x414)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1581257
ez
>>
>>1576001
you will get robbed
>>
>>1579800
No way your ebike takes any dual motor scooter on the straight. I would smoke you for breakfast.
>>
Got utterly destroyed today by a guy on a e-bike with fat tyres. Feels bad man. He was an absolute unit and was spinning like a madman and then ran a red light lmao.
>>
>>1581783
What were you riding? No way I let some asshole beat me on my scooter sitting down.
>>
>>1579083
going 30mph on a busy street on that is akin to jumping off a bridge
>>
>>1576001
At least not Xiaomi/Segway.
>>1581262
This foldable shit is inconvinient AF. Scooter folds in 1 ns, and it is not awkward to stand with it, while this shit will want to fuck off somewhere else.
>>
>>1576335
>half banned me
>cant make my own
That's not how it works, retarded newfag.
>>
>>1582658
Not him but i can scoot from my house all the way downtown to work and i’d say 90% is on paved bike trails
>>
>>1582671
you calling me a lier faggot?
that's exactly what's happened to me
my Ip range is banned specifically pol won't let me post images and I am not allowed to create threads on any board from any device I always get the your ip range has been banned message.
so yeah it looks like I am half banned
you new new fag
>>
>>1582671
>>
>>1582671
4chan dosent even tell me what abuse I've supposedly done.
this is me trying to make a thread.
>>
>>1583298
It's possible that you didn't do anything wrong and you have some other jackass to thank for getting your IP range banned.
>>
>>1576001
Good on you man, The Zero 9 is a good commuter. When you do get the chance, you should try out those with dual motors. They are ludicrous but fun as hell.
>>
E bikes are a fucking con, e scooters are much more reasonably priced
>>
File: PXL_20201218_061619827.jpg (3.47 MB, 4032x3024)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
OP here, just got home. Shit is fun as fuck. See ya later bikefags
>>
>>1576337
Chuckled heartily
>>
>>1586947
>can't into rotate pic
>disgusting, cluttered garage
scootfags gonna scoot
>>
>>1579800

lycrafag can't handle my swag. Nice get though
>>
>>1576502
The one time I was drunk and going back home on mine I got lost and almost went on the fucking highway and had to do a 180 almost into another car
Scared me straight alright
>>
Some of these seated e-scooters in china are insane, i saw a guy on youtube pushing like 80kmh on one wearing no protection save for a helmet
>>
>>1576001
onions fag
>>
>>1576001
go ahead faggot, i'm not going to as long as you leave your parents' basement
>>
never buy Soflow. that shit may be decent and cheap at first and you don't have to worry about flats but if there's a fucking small rock in the street and you don't see it and run it over it can fuck up the alignment of the airless tubeless front tire and unlike Xiaomi or other brands of escooters fixing it isn't easy and there's pretty much no tutorials out there on fixing it. It's proprietary bullshit and you have to send it to one of the Soflow exclusive repair centers just for the front tire. Good luck if you can't find your damn receipt so you can waste your warranty for just the front tire. I have an iFixit kit and that was enough to take everything apart but fixing that damn airless tubeless front tire is going to be a pain in the ass. Save yourself from my pain and buy Xiaomi instead. The repairs are much simpler. Never buy cheap proprietary escooters at Fry's Electronics. Online is your best bet even if you have to wait a few days or weeks for it to show up.
>>
>>1576340
yikes. mostly it's homeless people and niggers in NorCal that see your bike and want it. they literally need to just fuck off but >NorCal
everyone on the street wants a damn bike. I once had my fancy Schwinn street cruiser/mountain hybrid bike and these homeless people were constantly bugging me over my 200 dollar Target bike. Was fucking annoying. Next time bring a bat and bash their head in if they ask you about your bike.
>>
>>1576335
next time bring a gun and tell them to shut the fuck up about your damn bike. It's YOURS not THEIRS. You just want to ride in peace. They can go be bike stealing niggers somewhere else.
>>
You know what is interesting? I don't get the same reaction for having an electric scooter that I had when I was riding my bike. Sure people would ask questions and want to buy one themselves sometimes but there's not really many people that would actually go out of their way to steal one or want yours. You just ride it to the store and almost no one bugs you most likely because an electric scooter has to be charged regularly and depending on the brand repairing it is not as easy as a bike.
>>
>>1576001
Report one year later OP. I think e-scooters are the future because they are foldable, fast and affordable, but I'm worried about how long they last and how hard or expensive it is to repair them.
>>
>>1576001
where do you lock it? Do you just carry it around everywhere like an autist?
>>
>>1594331
I've had a Xiaomi m365 since December 2017, still running just fine, battery is a bit weaker, but it might be that I've got more hills in my way now
Changed the tires a couple of times, make sure they're well full before I use it for more than a couple Km, that's about it
Tighten up the screws from time to time as well
>>
>>1594778
In total, don't think I've spent more than 100-120 bucks on repairs for it
>>
File: file.png (1.34 MB, 1024x536)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
When riding an e-scooter, the law says you have to be on the road close to the curb. How the fuck do I make a left-hand turn? Do I stop at the corner and ride along the crosswalks?
>>
>>1578625
Dipshits in civics keep throwing eggs at me on climbs (it's happened twice now, on the same segment too.)
>>
>>1577057
kek. Fuck them, I bet they were borderline retarded anyway
>>
>>1576001
Today I watched a person pay 144 dollars for two flat repairs for these things. More evidence that the owners battery operated scooters are dumb.
>>
>>1594842
Lrn2 hook turn, fagoot

>>1587351
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>1594853
I feel you, I keep running out of eggs.
>>
>>1596706

No, that's just proof people with zero technical knowledge or skills are always going to be retards and get ripped off. It's no different from people with cars that don't have a clue even about the most basic shit like how to change a wheel or dead bulb so get ripped off when they pay someone to do it. Unless it's some major fuck up with the electronics I could fix anything that goes wrong with mine and made sure of that before I brought a decent scooter.
>>
question for all you bikefags and scootfags: how do you transport your groceries, shopping, etc?
>>
>>1597414
bikefag here, racks obviously
dunno about scooterfags, I don't think anyone goes grocery shopping on those but you could just use a big backpack I guess
>>
>>1597414

Scooterfag here, I use a large bag. Can easily get a weekly shop in there. You can get baskets and small bag attachments but they look awful and can be expensive so I'd recommend using a bag instead, preferably one with good back support if you're thinking about moving around a lot of things in it.
>>
>>1597414
With a car. Unless you're poor or a faggot.
>>
File: IMG_7179 (Custom).jpg (1019 KB, 4000x2667)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>1597414
>>
>>1597414
I used to do it, but I'd rather not
It's possible if you have a large bag and you live 5 minutes away from the shop, or maybe if you go shopping twice a week instead of buying everything at once
Really not the best though
>>
What's the cheapest one of these that's decent?
>>
>>1602843
>cheapest
chinashit

>decent
none
>>
>>1599481
what is that stem/headset?
>>
File: IMG_4911 (Custom).jpg (1.57 MB, 3000x2000)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>1602890
i bought it like this with a dead fork.
the rigid fork i found for it is a wierd smaller than 1" internal size for bmx stems.
I just re-used the old (tange?) headset and didn't cut the new fork which has a longer steerer. So it's got a spacer between the threaded race and the locknut.
Works good.
>>
File: IMG_5141 (Custom).jpg (872 KB, 4000x2667)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>1602890
and the stem is the same wierd bmx size that the guy i bought the fork off dug up and just gave me.
here's before i slammed it.

it would look cooler with a canti brake because it has the cable stop which is odd because it's a bmx size but do bmxs have canti brakes?
>>
>>1602907
21.1 quills were basically the size for the American version of 1", the steerers are 1" but the tube gauge and threading are different and go on a larger headtube too.
So cruisers, BMX, early mountain bikes, bike boom Schwinns, etc used them. Bottom tier steel bikes still do actually.
Same goes for Ashtabula BBs and really skinny seatposts like 25.4 and under, old American standards.
>>
>>1602907
>do bmxs have canti brakes?
I'm sure somebody has put cantis on a bmx bike at some point for fun. But I would guess that's a fork from a late 80's Schwinn MTB, maybe a Ross or something similar. .833 ID steerers were a US only thing.

That's a crazy unique combo though!

>>1602924
beat me too it while I was typing
>>
>>1602924
hmm interesting. It's a shit tier fork for sure lol. The welding is hilariously sloppy and i had to bend it into alignment. the chrome is cool though
>>
>>1597414
Big panniers - I have some that aren't really that big (roughly 8 liter capacity, can fit two gallons of milk in one) that's plenty of space unless you're buying items that come in big cardboard boxes or are truly bulky. I can put a 25lb sack of flour/rice/oats on top of the panniers and rack but that's about the biggest/heaviest thing I'd want to carry that way. In the past I owned a bike trailer and used that for 50lb bulk bags in addition to what I'd carry on the bike, but honestly at that point it's just easier to use/borrow a car and do a big shopping trip to haul home a couple hundred pounds of bulk stuff all at once maybe twice a year and call it good. I used to go to the store 3-4 times a week and just buy small amounts when I lived close to a really good grocery store. These days I live farther away, so I do a weekly shopping trip where I alternate which stores I shop at each week since I am a frugal guy and know where to get deals on specific items.
>>
>>1602939
bulk staple or liquid logic sure
but if you're buying things like a head of lettuce or a loaf of bread you'd quickly run out of space before you get even vaguely overloaded
>>
>>1602942
Maybe bread (dunno about that, I've been baking my own for years, hence the big bags of flour), but lettuce is pretty easy to carry with panniers, it's only moderately crush-able. The things I find that are hard to carry are large and/or rigid so they take up lots of space and don't allow other items to fit: big boxes, wine bottles, cylinder packages of oatmeal, etc. Soft/crushable/bruisable things are no problem as long as you make sure to put them on top.
>>
>>1602945
i make my own bread often too but do you seriously never buy bread lol
>>
>>1602946
Never, because I strongly dislike sugary supermarket bread, and honestly it's still cheaper to DIY. Okay, sure I could buy really good bread for $8/loaf but that just feels wrong when I know I could make the same thing at home for $.25 and I'd have the pleasure of making it too.
>>
>>1576479
You can't listening to music with headphones while you are riding a bicycle on the road. At least in my country it is illegal.
>>
>>1602960
>in my country
say it faggot
>>
>>1602963
not him but fuck off
>>
>>1602963
Spain. But why is it important what country it is?

And it is logic that it is illegal because if you are listening to music with headphones you don't hear cars and you can get hit.
>>
>>1602960
You shouldn't anyway
did it for a while, swapped the headset for a helmet when I realized I'd rather survive if some cunt decides to cut me off
>>
>>1602990
>But why is it important what country it is?
because you just said "at least in my country it is illegal". Without telling us where, that's just straight up unhelpful. It's not as if you're going to dox yourself by saying "Spain".
it's like these r*ddit tourists who talk about "in my state" or "in my city".
just say where, faggot. simple as.
>>
I've ridden a couple slower escooters like the M365 and they seem alright, but the fast ones seem more practical for commuting. There's a guy at my work who rides some 4k AUD scooter and refuses to drive car, I thought he was joking when he said it was fast but I left work one afternoon at the same time he did and he was doing 60km/h next to me on the road, not gonna lie I was pretty impressed. I'd be too scared of cops to ride a high power scooter though, fines would be a pain in the ass
>>
>>1579083
>52v 38.4 Ah
If they're not exaggerating then that's an insane amount of battery capacity for an escooter, got a link for it anon?
>>
>>1606165
What the fuck changes from the information conveyed by what he said, retard? In my country and Spain hold the same weight in that phrase
>>
>>1581754
My Direct Drive 1500W Ebike has a motor that can handle 5000W transient loads (because direct drive motors have to be massive for decent torque hence they are overbuilt) if you want to spend the money on the battery and controller to run it. With an 18-MOSFET 45A controller with a 48V (13s6p 18650 cells) pack I run it ~2000W and it tops out at 60km/h or so and is very stable doing so with Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires and 4-piston Shimano hydraulic brakes. Used my 2004 Specialized P.2 dirt jumper so it’s like an electric cafe racer. Scooters look fun too but any serious speed on them sounds like a death trap. I imagine the acceleration is good with such small wheels though. Probably go as fast as you would ever want to on one with 350-500W I would think.
>>
>>1583318
This happened to me. When I check "what" got me banned it's usually some bloated racist post on /pol/ at 3am.

Should I delete my phone?
>>
>>1597414
Scootfag here
I have a large backpack and hang extra bags on the steering wheel.
At first that felt unsafe as fuck, then I plotted a route to the shop where I needed to make only one turn and just got used to the extra weight on steering.
>>
>>1576001
Do it. I'm one month with the fagway goybot because of the mandatory mask when commuting. Just ordered the additional akku to make it work right.
It's a meme but no regrets. I would have chosen a ride with larger wheels but price and cucked country regulations did not leave much room for a better choice.
Since corona will stay longer, I will build a stealth electro triathlon bike (ppl expect theese things go fast, can hide the motor under a disc and the akku in the drinking system, the computer will raise no questions). So the scooter is just a temporary toy for me.
>>
File: file.png (461 KB, 1500x1500)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
Okay, so I bought this fucker, right? Pretty decent, all things considered, though I did next to no research and just compared by affordability.
>15.5mph top
>12-mile distance per charge
Not bad. I don't need it for anything but getting to work, though.

No one clued me in to how brutal the ride can be on your fucking feet though. Every bump gets sent to the soles and arches of your feet. My feet'll hurt this bad when wage slaving for 6 hours a day, but now I can get that same feeling in only 10 minutes!

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
Screw you guys i'm getting a onewheel
>>
>>1612187
idk what model it is, but if thos are full hard tires, thats normal, if they are tires with air in them like any bicycle (english isnt my first language), make sure you're using the good pressure, also, arch your legs a little.

bumps on the roads should be absorbed by your knees, so dont stay straight up like a plank.
>>
I don't mind you buying it just don't use it on the fucking roads like it's a motorbike!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.