[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 113 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ahem... Hello gentlemen riders and the sundry sophisticates of /n/, perhaps we should discuss the proper and mature side of cycling, unracing. To all those that say no to consumerist frivolity and yes to beauty, utility, humility, and craftsmanship. We welcome all who see through the lies of the corporate disposable plastic racer agenda and choose to just ride on fine steel velocipedes
>>
>computer
>aero bars
>Chris King headset
THIS IS NOT A RACE
>>
File: 1586319764108.png (5 KB, 666x666)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>1554124
>brakes literally banded closed
hard to get more #unracer than that without actually removing the wheels.
>>
>>1554128
the computer is for route navigation. I do not ride for speed but I like to inspect every nook and cranny of the various quaint towns I come across. My aero bars are for relaxing on long straightaways, I assure you there is no speed factor involved. As for the Chris King, it is not light, but infact very high quality. And I respect quality craftmanship, as I'm sure you can tell from my bicycle itself.

>>1554134
The band holds my steed in place when the kickstand is initiated. You might also notice the locking steerer. She is extremely stable in this configuration
>>
>>1554124
>no to consumerist frivolity
pls buy our new unracer steel bike, only $3000! pls buy our new unracer leather saddle, only $100! pls buy our new unracer handlebar bag, only $300!
>>
>>1554138
Maybe you should stop and take out your phone, racer
>>
>go for a ride with my friend
>he insists it's not a race
>nigger, it's always a race
>everything's a race
>>
>>1554196
oh, so you're 'that guy'. cringe.
>>
>>1554196
You need to get mental help for your racing problem
>>
Can somebody be so kind as to explain to me what this "racer-untacer-antiunracer" shit is all about?
>>
>>1554455
no
lurk more
>>
>>1554455
racer
>I ride bikes fast

unracer
>I build an entire lifestyle around riding bikes slowly to repress my subconscious anxiety over being too unathletic to ride them fast.
>>
>>1554457
no u
>>
>>1554455
racer
>I build an entire lifestyle around riding bikes fast to repress my subconscious anxiety over being too slow to actually race

unracer
>I ride bikes
>>
File: talentcall-1200x675 (1).jpg (116 KB, 1200x675)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>1554201
he likes to go faster than other people and do you know what anon? he trains so he can go even faster! and he even has fun!! EUURGH! can you believe that guy? He is sooo Cringe! Cringe with a capital C. But you seem like a really cool guy anon. Me and the girls are going on a long gravel ride this weekend (30km) and you are invited! but I have to warn you anon, there is a really big hill! but I am sure you can handle it! But just remember anon , this is NOT A RACE!!!
>>
>>1554479
>he likes to race unracers
top cringe
>>
File: IMG_4525 (1).jpg (445 KB, 1273x854)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>1554480
What is this talk of racing anon? I said this is NOT A RACE!! We mostly ride at about 12mph. So check your privilege at the door! and if you wanna ride with us girls, you are not allowed to ride faster than us!!
>>
>>1554124
>face beer cap top cap
unsubscribed
>>
>>1554455
Have you read Just Ride by Grant Peterson? Have you read the entire to bike bluh, blahg, and deleted essays on archive.org? Have you read every page of Sheldonbrown.com? If not, do that first. Then you can begin to understand, just slightly, what it means to be an unracer. There are no shortcuts to unracing. By their very nature,a racer cannot understand u racing. If they did, they would unrace. But they do not. They will never understand.
>>
>>1554477
cope fattie
>>
Unracer: Practiced, thoughtful lover. Starts slow, loves variety, has the tools and gear to "get you there" every time, no matter the conditions. Leather. Steady rhythms. Hard steel. Robust body with stamina to ride for extended periods.

Racer: Quick, unreliable lover. Often cannot help their partners finish due to outside conditions or technical failures. Limited hip mobility and anogenital inflammation. Jackhammer pace punctuated with sudden stops. Requires constant re-application of lube to keep you from going dry
>>
>>1554455
A racer is someone that rides any diamond frame drop bar bike by any maker manufactured after 2003 unless it's made of brushed steel and hand-rubbed leather and cost $5000+ in which case it's good (unless it has disc brakes which makes it bad).

If you pass them for any reason at all while you are riding (it doesn't matter if they're not riding) it means they "lost" and everything about their life and in fact the entire bicycle industry is a scam and they are pathetic and weak and should just commit suicide right now. On the other hand if they pass you for any reason at all whether you are actually riding or not (and usually you aren't because this is not a race) it's not only an overtly hostile act directed at you and your entire way of life, but also a sign they are not and cannot possibly be enjoying their ride nor are they even capable of enjoying a ride because no one can enjoy a ride if they went faster than you even for a second (even if you are standing still) and you are definitely NOT constantly wondering how much faster they are even when you're not riding (which is most of the time since you spend all your time screeching about 23mm tires and carbon fiber and "advertising logos" on social media).

Also the other thing that defines unracers is they are not brand obsessed like a racer which has advertising logos. Hence why they are often seen on totally unmaterialistic brands endorsed by a short list of influencers who alone determine what letters stamped on a product render it "not an advertisement" and therefore possible to enjoy using.
>>
>>1554510
>Robust body with stamina to ride for extended periods.
Whoa buddy, extended periods of riding? That sure sounds like a race, you'd better stop after 30k of riding at 12mph.
>>
>>1554518
>Whoa buddy, extended periods of riding? That sure sounds like a race
spoken like someone who doesn't ride at all
>>
>>1554201
>>1554234
You fuckers wanna race me to settle this once and for all?
>>
What is a good conmuter starter pack?
Also idk how to dress i wear cycling shorts below my job clothes, but then i need to change underwear at job which is awkward.
>>
>>1554512
Pretty good.. a bit too racer.. but you're certainly "blackpilled"
>>
>>1554534
Ebike... Motor to work, pedal home to get the workout
>>
>>1554534
Why do roadies put the padding into their pants instead of into the saddle in the first place?
>>
>>1554534
if you can't do a relatively moderate ride without padded shorts then you definitely need a different saddle. My commuting gear is ordinary shorts and athletic underwear that fits reasonably closely (what are these even called? running shorts I think?), which looks normal and if you do need to switch to long pants at work that's easy and quick to do.

>>1554567
padding in the shorts stays in place relative to the skin, but padding on a saddle is liable to get squished around and cause more problems as the rider moves around on the saddle.
>>
is it just me or are bags for bikes ridiculously, prohibitively expensive?
>>
>>1554578
Nah mate, not just you.
Though there are some decent Taiwan made ones out there, like Cardiff (Don't mind the name, but they're Taiwanese.)
Japanese Ostrich bags could have been bought for a good price pre-COVID as well.
>>
Everybody please see the Reparations page on the Riverdale Bikes (George Petersen's custom bike company) and make a donation.

Thank you,
-M. Taylor

https://www.rivbike.com/collections/framesets/products/brp-contribution
>>
>>1554578
Prohibitively? Not really but definitely overpriced. The markup is crazy for all cycling gear, bags even more so... but I love bike specific backpacks.
>>
>>1554149
post links pls
>>
>>1554578
It's extremely hardwearing bespoke designer items that you want
cheap bags exist.
real poorfag option is adapting thrift store bars of various kinds. I've had several bike bags i liked a lot by doing that.

really your question is are expensive things expensive and the answer is yes. It's tautological nonsense.
>>
>>1554196
>Sex is a race
>I'm so fast my boyfriend never cums inside of me
>>
>>1554598
Wow, this is great.
>>
>>1554482
In awe of that toilet
>>
>>1554482
Is it even legal to have a steerer tube that’s longer than the head tube?
>>
>>1554482
Slam pig name?
>>
>>1554482
what's the point of even having drop bars if you're that out of shape?
>>
>>1554482
braaaaaaap
>>
>>1554755
What does one have to do with the other?
Also, those thighs look like they can push powerful watts.
>>
>>1554598
>Riverdale
no, that's Archie and Jughead's bike company
>>
>>1554748
21 Jumpstreet, bitch!
you're going downtown.
>>
>>1554652
See link here >>1554598
>>
>>1554748
Surly bikes don't fit anybody, it's part of their aesthetic
>>
>>1554655
>It's extremely hardwearing bespoke designer items that you want
This, so much this. Something about riding puts a lot of wear and tear on bags, normal bags end up tearing straps or wearing holes in them really fast. My cycling pack is made of ballistic nylon and waterproofed, it's worth its pricetag imo.
>>
>>1554124
should i get one of those mirrors
anyone else have one
>>
>>1554853
false. slam pig's stack is fucked because women have short legs, and need frames with very low standover. so in order to get drop bars into the barely usable range with this relaxed fit, you obv need a mile of spacers. if people like her stopped pretending they needed drop bars, they would be riding any one of the many swoopy/upright bars (think nitto northroad or jones h bar) and that would bring the stack height into the aesthetically pleasing realm.
>>
File: this thread again.png (998 KB, 1882x707)
998 KB
998 KB PNG
>>1554455
nice digits
>>
>>1554912
hhahha that pasta is funny
>>
>>1554748
Have you ever seen a folding bike?
>>
File: DTxB_ZKW0AAUXP9.jpg (209 KB, 960x720)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>1554745
Brehs...
>>
File: IMG_20201002_071303.jpg (772 KB, 1080x1074)
772 KB
772 KB JPG
>>
File: 13.Areco-en-Bici.jpg (67 KB, 640x425)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1554455
Unracer
>just a person who likes riding his bike
>actually uses his bike for daily activities, like going to the store, school or work.

Racer
>thinks cycling is a lifestyle
>thinks riding a bike is some kind of sport
>thinks he's always racing
>needs special clothes
>hates vehicles faster than him
>mocks vehicles slower than him
>>
>>1554948
Is that a folding bike?
>>
>>1554994
God I wish I was that saddle...
>>
>>1555003
Only using a bicycle for commuting is nothing to brag about, it actually really places you into the lower class of society if anything. You don’t ride for fun, for health, for nature, solitude, socializing or for anything respectable, you just ride to carry you and your 13 DUI’s to the smoke shop to buy out their kratom again while choking on exhaust fumes and filling your awful 5 year old tires with loose construction staples
>>
>>1555007
No..? You asked
> Is it even legal to have a steerer tube that’s longer than the head tube?
And I asked if you've ever seen a folder. Not really sure what that particular bike being a folder has anything to do with the general question you asked, but I guess this is the low iq board
>>
>>1555068
Is she riding a folding bike? I know folding bike enthusiasts can't help but tell everyone about their folding bikes, but this is just going too far.
>>
>>1555093
not op but does it matter if shes riding a folding bike?
>>
>>1555003
>just a person who likes riding his bike
You're not automatically an unracer just because you're not a racer. Most people simply don't give a shit and ride a bike in whatever way they see fit. Unracers are defined by being intentionally smug about giving off the opposite appearance of a racer and circlejerking to overpriced boutique equipment so they can identify each other more easily.
>>
>>1555097
Yes, because folding bikes are a nicher than niche subset of bikes, and ignoring them and their owners is our due diligence as normal bicycle riders.
>>
>>1555099
I'd think folding bikes are more popular than track bikes anon
>>
>>1555098
being an anti-unracer is an order of magnitude larger of a cope
>>
>>1555036
Racer cope
>>
>>1554124
Trolling: you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>1554455
>Can somebody be so kind as to explain to me what this "racer-untacer-antiunracer" shit is all about?
It's trolling baiting faggotry from weak fatties with old rusty tenspeeds and cheap slow bikes who are butthurt that some people have nice bikes and are fast and physically fit.
Just ignore it, there are plenty of real cycling threads on /n/
>>
>>1554477
racer
>actually trains themselves in a planned thoughtful manner to optimize their cycling performance for purposes of participating in actual officially-sanctioned-and-ranked bicycle races of one or more disciplines. As such they have bicycles purpose-built for these activities.

unracer
>the opposite of the above. They don't do any sort of training, they have random bikes, generally heavy and slow, and have no interest in competition of any sort; they """just ride""", most often for """utility""" purposes. Some are resentful of ""'racers""" because they secretly would like to be like them, but either don't posess the physical characteristics necessary, or just lack the personal discipline to endure the training necessary to achieve the level of performance necessary.
>>
>>1554196
This being 4chan, being Autism and Socially Awkward Penguin Central, the vast majority of /n/iggers don't even have ""'friends""" to start with, and if they did they wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of even """friendly competition""", they'd crumple like a beer can and likely run away home and cry in the dark over it.
>they will never experience the exhilirating joy of pushing themselves to their limits alongside their friends and comrades, just for bragging rights
sad, sad, sad.
>>
>>1555232
>Trolling:
I'm not
>you're doing it wrong.
...busiest thread on the board.
Sorry racer boi but you are outnumbered by adult men here
>>
>>1555240
racer
> actually believes in racers want to be like him

unracer
> intentionally goes out of his way to avoid anything that looks racer because the racers they have met are so unbearable they don't want to be associated with them. Can still ride fast and far, probably rides more than racers because cycle-commuting. Probably knows more about bike design and bike mechanics.
>>
>>1555093
I actually have no idea what you're sperging out about. You asked if it's legal to have steerer tubes longer than head tubes. I provided an example of factory built bikes that do this. Why does what she rides have your panties in a bunch?
>>
>>1555261
u mad lmao
>>
>>1555264
If you just tried a decent finding bike you'd realize how noob you sound right now. Image is everything I guess... When you're a nogf virgin hahahahaha
t. Boomer on a folder
>>
>>1555269
If your steerer tube is longer than your headtube on a normal double triangle bicycle frame, something is wrong. I know you've got a hard on for folders and need to let everyone know you ride one all the time, but you are irrelevant in this discussion.
>>
File: unracer.jpg (76 KB, 630x630)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1554124
>tfw some old lady drops me in a full aerotuck on her grocery getter
>>
>>1555273
>If your steerer tube is longer than your headtube on a normal double triangle bicycle frame, something is wrong
why
>>
>unracer thread
>racers come here just to cope and seethe
Like pottery
>>
>>1555325
racers and unracers have an alliance

it is the casual plebs, the cagers, repressed unracers and the anti-unracers who are the ones seetheing
>>
>>1555293
It doesn't look pro enough how can you pretend to be pro if you don't look pro people will think you aren't pro
>>
>>1555333
Checked
>>
>>1555253
Nope you're clearly and objectively not trolling correctly because no one here is angry. That means you failed.
>also I made you respond
>also The Game
Go back to /b/ and lurk more, newfag.
>>
>>1555255
Keep chanting that to yourself everyday, you might come to believe it yourself
>denial ain't just a river in Egypt, honey
>>
I enjoy ambushing unracers. I'll leave my team kit at home so I can't be identified and wear a lightweight balaclava as a pandemic mask like many other riders. I'll shadow an unracer at a distance until we're in a secluded area then sprint up and bump them hard. One good bump like that and they go flying. When I stop I kick them hard in the gut so they're stunned even more, put their bike over my shoulder, and ride off. Then I dump their bike in the river and laugh all the way home. Done this 3 times now, gets more fun each time. Amazing how easy it is though, their bike handling skills are close to non-existent, and they're so slow and weak that it's almost too easy to pick them off.
>>
>>1554124
>Drop bars
THIS IS NOT A RACE
>>
>>1555358
Claims to be on a cycling team, yet also claims to be able to lift a bicycle. Seems your not that good of a racer if you have that much upper body strength
>>
>>1555917
drops are only useful for locating bar end shifters though
>>
>>1555921
>Bar end shifters
>Not frame shifters
THIS IS NOT A RACE
>>
File: m8.jpg (157 KB, 1292x908)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>1555931
ahem what?
dt shifters are more racey than bar end shifters if anything
>>
>>1555917
>>1555931
neither of these are "racy" things. If you want to join the memeing please learn a bit about bikes first
>>
>>1555358
whether you actually do this (x to doubt) or just cream yourself to this fantasy, you need help.
>betterhelp.com
>>
>>1555956
yes they are, and i know plenty
>>
>>1555956
In the 70s a lot of racers replaced their downtube shifters with bar end shifters. Most wrapped the housing under the bar tape all the way up to the stem, in contrast to the common housing routing we see today where it comes out from under the tape when the flat of the drop starts its upturn
>>
>>1555970
even though they were technically racing i'd count those men as racing unracers moreso than racers
>>
>>1555970
yeah, because they're more comfortable to use.
>>
>>1555974
they're not (necessarily) and that's not the reason

you'd change so you can shift while throwing the bike around climbing a roller/sprinting

if bar ends were actually just so much more ergonomic then dt shifters wouldn't have remained totally dominant in bike racing until the advent of STI.
It's not just unracing racers in the 70s trying them. Merckx used to race with bar ends a bit when he was young.
The additional cable run weight/friction is relatively negligable, I don't think that would have kept them out.

So why?
>>
>>1555975
From what I’ve seen, bar end shifters were a lot more prevalent among amateurs, especially in the UK. Why DT shifters never fell out of favor and why we still saw them in the pro peloton alongside the first STI shifters really makes no sense to me. The only reason I can think of is extreme weight weenieism and/or tradition.
>>
>>1555977
it's because ergonomically they're very good
>>
>>1555980
If that's so, why were they ubiquitously replaced by STI/Ergopower?
>>
>>1555987
what?
fuck off dumbcunt
>>
>>1555977
DT shifters can be shifted with only one hand, both the front and rear derailleur at the same time while keeping the other hand at the bar.
>>
>>1556000
that is pretty irrelevant lad
>>
>>1556000
And bar end shifters can be shifted without removing either hand from the bars. What of it?
>>
File: WTFZine6-scaled.jpg (807 KB, 1920x2560)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
>>1554567
>>1554569
If you use a low friction pant, high friction underwear and a low friction, properly shaped padded or leather saddle you don't need cycling shorts. Cycling shorts have more friction between the padding and the butt and less between the short and the hard saddle.

Whichever material overcomes friction first is what slips. This is what causes chafing/saddle sores.

>>1554578
>>1554589
>>1554605
>>1554655
Certain stroller bags can make decent frame bags or panniers if you're poor. You can also go full povertymode with using square buckets.

>>1555003
>>1555240
Racer
>blows shitloads of money on a eurocuck sport run by the second most corrupt sporting organization behind FIFA only to at best end up circlejerking over his datamining app numbers and dreaming that he got into cycling at 15 instead of 30 so he could be the bucket boy for the wash station on a pro team instead of watching the TDF on the telly and moping to his LBS about how there's no local crits because the council won't fix the roads
unracer
>blows a shitload of money on hipster-designed taiwan-made high markup unaesthetic garbage so he can smugly circlejerk with his friends in the anarchist book club about sticking it to the man while consooming a different breed of shit that all comes from pretty much the same factories in taiwan and china or at best some smelly pothead who charges more than the cost of a bike for a hub or bag, and posting ugly instagram images of his latest pickup from a company whose owners racistly advertises about being non-white as if its a selling point
>>
>>1556102
Unironically very good post
>>
>>1555970
>>1555974
>>1555975
>>1555977
>>1555980
>>1555987
>>1555998
>>1556000
checked
>>1556002
>>1556007

Downtube shifters are less aero, bar end shifters are more fiddly. Bar end shifters were for ultra pros and fully-kitted tourers while downtube shifters were for everyone. Both were replaced in professional racing by STI because then you don't have to move off the levers at all.
Both are "not racer" now because they aren't competitive really unless you're veeeery good, enough to compensate for that. Thumb shifters are similarly fiddly and more a resurgence of a not-quite-there attempt for hipster "vintage" fashion at worse and a way for people who are too poor for a full STI setup, are doing some weird franken bike or just prefer the feel of friction shifting to have it on-the-lever instead.
But.
The absolute least-racer shifters that can still be used on drop bars are stem shifters because they require you use a quill stem and remove the option to slam it. Behind that, you have things like top tube console shifters from old wheelie and jappo bikes which are more aesthetic than anything, followed by old french seat tube mounted FD lever shifters (deathtraps, a sign of a european in poverty or ultra hipsterdom at worst or some sort of antique enthusiast at best), then hub-gear thumb shifters, and twist shifters. MTB style shifters finish up the lineup.
>>
>>1556102
Kek... Pretty good...
>>
anyone else hates those people who buy dura-ace, campagnolo record, sram red, phil wood, chris king headsets, and they throw all those high end parts on some faggot ass retro-modernist mongrel of a bike that they use for commuting. In my eyes it's like throwing automotive racing parts on a rolls royce.

Faggots like OP are the reason why cyclists are seen as snobby jerks with huge egos
>>
>>1556212
>anyone else...
Nope. It's just you, being a jackass.
>>
>>1556225
you probably ride one of those redditbikes
>>
>>1556228
I would if I could afford one. Sounds like fun putting one of those together. How does that touch you in any way at all?
>>
File: _102786249_comp.jpg (57 KB, 507x576)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1556230
Because it's retarded and cringe. Just like the people who ride them
>>
>>1556212
Yeah it was cool for one second when one person did it to an old frame they loved. Now it's just a way for posers to make themselves look like le deep cycling conisseurs
>>
>>1556212
I don't think buying all those high end parts is worthwhile at all but people can make what they want. They don't get more benefit out of it because the situations these are designed to solve don't come up.

It's just a wealth flex, just like how going out on a ride with no tubes, patch kit, water bottle, snacks or cash is a flex - anything they need they can buy with charge or have in a phone call.
>>
>>1556212
it's unclear whether you're talking about neo-retro classic road bikes, or modern high end utility bikes?
>>
>>1556346
Neo-retro bikes are cool because it's still a high performance bike.
I just have problems with these types of bikes
>>
>>1556367
Classic steel frame.
Tecnomic stem
Modern saddle
Strange mismatch of brands
Those unreasonably expensive shifter brake lever combo
SPD pedals
>>
>>1556368
>>1556367
the sole questionable/ripoff thing here is the gevenalle shifter

the rest of it is just classic sport touring fare.
I thought I understood what you were talking about, but that build is mostly very sensible.
>>
>>1556367
>Strange mismatch of brands
>SPD pedals
>Modern saddle
>Classic steel frame.
>Tecnomic stem

what's wrong with those?

It's not what you originally said at all, it's not CK or record, it doesn't even have a dynamo hub. That bike probably wouldn't have cost more than the most pragmatic of stock new equivalents, a new fuji touring or something. Is it better? Eh. Maybe. It's certainly not markedly worse.

The same could not be said for your boomer tier tomassini with 12spd record
>>
>>1556367
what's wrong with a bike like that?
>>
>>1556367
does pic related count as the same kind of bike?
>>
>>1555240
Wrong, unracers do train, it's really weird, they're wannagofasts in denial and spend at least as much money on bikes and lifestyle crap that wannabe racers do.
>>
File: cielo-cross-classic-1.jpg (157 KB, 625x417)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>1556373
>>1556372
>>1556381
>>1556374
I know its Sram Force but still has some higher end parts on it. Especially hate the gay ass wannabe stem. Looks nice but is probably gonna be used to ride to the community garden and back
>>
>>1556400
Threadless stem made to look like a quill stem
CK headset
Selle anatomica saddle
Looks clean but it makes no sense to me. Why spend a premium for this type of bike if you could get a modern and equal or better performing bike for less?
Hipsters
>>
>>1556400
After more research I found out these bikes were made by chris king himself. No wonder why these bikes were seriously expensive and overpriced for what they are
>>
>>1556212
A lot of modern/recent-vintage parts with the sweeping clean lines actually looks choice on narrower old steel frames. Some late 80s/early 90s groups like exage had an attempt at the sleek look in silver, so it's not out of place.
>>
File: lht oca.jpg (725 KB, 2000x2000)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
get
>>
File: mb333.jpg (837 KB, 2000x2000)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>1556416
unraced
>>
>>1556400
>>1556367

ok but if your issue with the cielo is that it's a waste of money on fashion parts like ck hubs and paul brakes (and even the new boutique steel frame) etc etc, the other bike isn't like that at all. It's just sort of kind of the same niche of riding and aesthetic sort of. But in terms of value they're not at all the same.

so actually if you take issue equally with both then your issue isn't what you say it is.
>>
>>1556400
it's basically like saying weight weenie marginal gains roadies who barely ride (dentists) are retarded and waste money on DA and titanium bolts and weighing everything and weight weenieism and ceramic bearings and all that shit

and then you post a picture of a regular allez

so ok, you had a good point to begin with sort of, but actually, you just hate roadies. It's bad faith nonsense.

This is like that.
>>
>I hate unracers because they waste money on stupid boutique fashion parts
oh ok, so you're fine with unracers who don't really do that?
>No
>>
>>1556424
I dislike hipsters. Whether they are bicycle hipsters or hipsters about some other hobby and happen to have bikes doesn't matter.
>>
>>1556428
Such a hipster thing to say.
>>
>>1556418
Based

>>1556381
Based

>>1556367
Based
>>
File: vickiemodicableriot.jpg (53 KB, 500x466)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Post unracer babes ITT
>>
>>1557116
how does someone that size even enjoy riding?
>>
>>1557653
>26x2.0
>super low gearing
>crawl to the top
>bomb the descent
>>
>>1557653
at least she has a bike that makes sense for her unlike the fat spandex dude on carbon in the OPs of those bait threads.
>>
... Anon, u wore spadex to our bike date? ... I don't think this is going to work out. I'm not into racers
>>
File: 200390113-001_XS.jpg (66 KB, 640x426)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>come on anon are you seriously afraid to ride your bike near a like but of water? It's just a bike anon, are you gay or ocd or what? I think I want to go home
>>
>>1554150
based
>>
>>1557702
>fenders
>doesnt even ride in rain
>leather saddle
>never broken in
>multiple hand positions
>doesnt ride more than 10mi
>no chainguard
>jeans
It's a hipster bike anon
>>
>>1557708
I have a 10 inch bike pump in my spandex
>>
>>1557730
>>fenders
>>doesnt even ride in rain
nonsense.
>>leather saddle
>>never broken in
it's a new bike
>>multiple hand positions
>>doesnt ride more than 10mi
nonsense
>>no chainguard
valid. no bikes even vaguely like that have chainguards
>>jeans
she might not even be on a ride

>It's a hipster bike anon
you're the hipster
>>
>>1557702
eat less
>>
>>1557708
>drop bars
>derailleur
THIS IS NOT A RACE
>>
>>1557653
>how do fat people take enjoyment from things?
>>
>>1557806
On a bike, slowly
>>
Today its my first time going out with lycra leggins !
>>
>>1557804
Do you really think commenting "this is not a race" on everything is funny?
>>
>>1557866
I think his posts are good
>>
>hybrid frame
>hybrid wheels
>flat bars
>cargo rack with ziptied milk crate
>jeans and boots
>crescent wrench, pliers, ratchet screw set and duct tape are the only tools I need

I've gone 40 miles on my old mountain-bike with the milk crate setup, time and distance are no obstacle, I enjoy the ride regardless. I'm considering the padded shorts only because my ass starts to hurt after ~30 miles. I hate the alien skinsuits, I hate the "bike lifestyle," I hate the consumerist bullshit. All you need to ride is two wheels, time, and grit. I have a nice car, but I'd rather bike if I have the time. The only thing I enjoy more than cruising on my POS with some good tunes and an afternoon to kill is watching the aliens seethe when I pass them. Racers fear the milk crate
>>
>>1557866
It seems funny to him. What's it to you big boi?
>>
>oh, yes I might ride Rapha and newest brandfag Giros but I dont do it because Im racing, I do it because IjustrideTM. The cutoff jeans are a statement of how spontaneous and non challant my riding is. At first it might seem like Im just another soulless consumer but on the 2nd glance - I_JUST_RYDEtm

>>1556367
>Neo-retro

neoretros are actually based and budged friendly utility racer bikes with a purpouse

>>1556416
>>1556418
I like your bikes, they dont seem like faggot poseur bikes, just bikes without too much of clique identity, just associated with faggot clique due to times
>>
File: cycling flannel douche.jpg (265 KB, 1400x933)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>1557804
>>drop bars
>>derailleur

Is there even a picture in existence of these types of poseurs on the drops?
>>
>>1554124
Are those wheels with a single wall rim? How many spokes have you broke with that?
>>
>>1557902
>racers fear the milk crate

This is unbelievably true. I used to ride a beat up old steel road bike with a crate and would blow freds away all the time and the crate is really just the salt in the wound.
>>
File: 5433-DEFAULT-l.jpg (131 KB, 2100x2100)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>1557902
>>1557996
Milk crates are unbelievably based. Pic is also racer kryptonite
>>
>>1557996
Are we talking about freds or racers? There's a big difference between the two.
>>
>>1558019
No one knows what a fred is. A fred could be anything. A fred could be a racer.
>>
>>1558020
Fred is what racers used to call dorky tourers (ie kind of what's unracer now), but it's mostly shifted now to meaning a mix of poser and tryhard, so a roadie fred would be like an overweight MAMIL with tires at 110% max pressure that's always "on a recovery ride" topping out at 20 km/h but "totally races", an mtb fred like the guys that buy enduro bikes with 28x11-50 gearing to ride on the brakes down fire roads, and an unracer fred would be like the people that kit up their meme brand touring bikes with boutique racks and bags and then ride 30 minutes at a time.
>>
>>1557866
Excuse me but your tone is really off, need I remind you that THIS IS NOT A RACE??
>>
File: 1504990701536.jpg (119 KB, 704x1180)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1558033
This is as close to correct as anyone is going to get in this thread
>>
>>1557941
They don't have a proper bike fit that allows them to do it. That one you posted has the fucking stem slammed. Others have the saddle position wrong.
This one has the seat tipped way the fuck back to where she'd be better off on a 26" or 29er geared cruiser instead of what I assume are costly 650b. >>1557708
Same with this one >>1557116
and this one >>1556416
Mid-foot pedalling, she could go into the drops but she's probably not able to pedal properly and would be out of breath for reasons unrelated to the beetus >>1554993
Looks similar here >>1554482
This guy looks cramped as fuck on his bike, I wouldn\t be surprised if he had trouble due to his hip/back getting into the drops. He might prefer a rigid mtb instead >>1557939
>>
>>1557939
a genuine compliment, ty.
>>
>>1558033
Except unracers now call racers (who actually race) freds because they thought fred meant roadie. Evolution of fred basically went:

Weirdo who is doing it wrong (compared to club cycling orthodoxy, proto-velominati rules basically)
Then roadie doing it wrong by not being a serious rider but with serious equipment
Then by unracers who don't understand the doing it wrong aspect of fred and only familiar with the second usage anyone on a road bike.
>>
>>1557892
>>1557924
>>1558037
Clearly all the same person
>>
>>1557941
This is the kind of person who rides on the tops 100% of the time.
>>
>>1557941
the handle bars would have to be sky high for them to use the drops
>>
go peddle your supple life bullshit with that other YouTuber fuck
>>
>>1556381
no its cursed by TCR geometry
>>
>>1558043
this was informative, I myself can pedal well in drops and use it but I think frame size or bar sweep doesnt suit me entirely, still I dont look nearly as uncomfortable as people in pic rels.

What about douches in this pic? Douche on the right looks very stable on the bike and it looks like his fit is dialed it, middle douche looks rediculous as does the girl in organge gilet in the back judging by wrist angle.
>>
File: speedvagen rim road.jpg (201 KB, 413x614)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
I honestly think brands like Speedvagen have the right approach, its a neoretro velo made for sportier road riding but without carbon that makes life complicated but still they dont advertise as unracers or selling a lifestyle. If only they were affordable like steel Konas.
>>
>>1558112
Sure thing lass.
>>
>>1558187
I'm not a bike fitter, I'm just horribly autistic and poor, and had to learn how to diagnose and fix my own fit. I can't really tell from that pic how those people are because there's too little information from that angle and zoom. But let's take some guesses:
Guy on the right almost looks like he's tilting on his saddle though, so maybe too high of a seatpost?
Middle guy is sitting very upright. I can't really see why but I'll make a rough guess - possible his bike is too big for him? It's not a vintage bike, but the saddle seems pretty low. Thigh angle looks fine, but maybe his hip is tilting down on the drive side leg. His stem is angled up pretty far and he's holding onto the corners of the bar, maybe trying to make up for too long of a reach?
Orange woman might be the same problem.
Pink bicycle person(??? woman? I think?) has probably the best fit of those here. But also docks UNRACER points for the cycloputer and aero bars and a lack of bespoke bags.
>>
>>1558269
>my opinion is invalid, here it is anyway
>>
>>1558197
Clearly using VPNs to pretend you're different people
>>
>>1558273
>only experts are allowed to critique
>>
>>1558274
Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetie
>>
>>1558276
let's listen to the self proclaimed poorfag autist. what could go wrong?
>>
>>1558276
This, but unironically.
>>
>>1558287
>>1558310
Are you the people in the image?
>>
>>1558269

>>1558269
>I'm not a bike fitter, I'm just horribly autistic and poor, and had to learn how to diagnose and fix my own fit.

My Niggah!

Regarding the guy on the right its hard to see his hip angle due to unracer pants over racer lycra, girl (yes its a girl) on the left seems the most comfortable, guy on the right might actually have a too high saddle, its a very common problem adressed in this series of videos
by super douches but knowledgable douches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EgeZsbIS8
>>
>>1558363
In awe of that absolute unit of a bag the smoocher on the left has on his bike. I'm pretty sure my luggage capacity for the 600km brevet I did last year was smaller than that. Hopefully he's the one carrying all the hotdogs and buns to the cookout, anything less would be a waste of space.
>>
>>1558323
I am.
>>
Those of us who are real cyclists have another phrase we use to identify you so-called 'unracers':
>FILTHY CASUALS
>>
>>1559683
weird because you likely do less distance every week than your average commuter.
>>
>>1554124
i like to ride my ebike fast in the rain
>>
>>1558385
You don't need to carry much for a brevet though. Just normal saddlebag stuff (money, tire kit, etc), extra layers as you deem necessary, and more snacks than fit in jersey pockets.
>>
>>1559759
Yeah I know, I’ve done plenty. Which is why I think it’s silly that you see all these gravel hypebeasts with these gargantuan handlebar bags all the time for their day trips.
>>
>>1559767
is it so crazy to think maybe they're riding somewhere to hang out?
they might take a book
or a camera
or some extra clothes
togs and a towel
more substantial food
a 6 pack
>>
>>1559773
Ask an unracer about the size of his bag and he always gets flustered, it never fails
>>
>>1559774
what about if they need to carry incontinence pads
>>
>>1559702
post strava
>>
File: 1601525472613.jpg (237 KB, 1318x1861)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>1554149
I have nothing to add to this subject but the eloquent writing moved me. My daughter has a Lemon Peeler plc kinda related.
>>
File: 1_221.jpg (118 KB, 576x768)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>1558363
>>
File: 4_824.jpg (121 KB, 584x779)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>
File: 1598603105491.jpg (102 KB, 712x534)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
whats this 'fit' thing about?
>>
>>1560222
God I wish I was that saddle...
And this time, I don't that as a metaphor. I literally wish that I was that saddle. Ha ha ha
>>
>>1560222
WSO on a BSO... gross
>>
>>1558363
Yea his waistband is angled, so I assumed that meant so was his hip and his leg's not fully extended. But the pic was taken from another bike (reflection in sunglasses) so hard to tell and could be something else like ill-fitting pants.
I've had to dig around a lot of different sources - those guys, bikefitadvisor, articles, reading shit from old framebuilders, badly testing my bikes...
And never assuming that the answer is always "HTFU!!" when something feels shitty Because exhaustion and pain are two different things.
>>
>>1559767
You take more stuff if you actually plan on stopping to do stuff rather than just ride. I don't know if it's true for them but it could be.
>>
>>1554124
cringe ass twine is ahistorical and looks bad
>>
File: bambased.jpg (271 KB, 1698x1036)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>1561250
twine looks cool on bamboo tho
>>
>>1558190
speedvagens are dope and my wet dream. But except for the frame they are full carbon build with optional carbon seatpost...
>>
File: 1582711356.jpg (125 KB, 630x431)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>1559702
Spandex fags couldn't hold a candle to based onion salesmen in wool suits
>>
>>1558190
Those seatstays have the curves of a fine lady. As a bikesexual, would definitely stick my seatpost in her seattube
>>
File: 1928 Ramen Delivery.jpg (72 KB, 580x794)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>1561894
amateur onionbois, meet ramenman
>>
>>1558190
>>1561886
>carbon everything except for 1 component
Was it autism? Why even avoiding going for a carbon frame at this point?
>>
>>1561250
Yeah but you can save $1 over the course of a lifetime if you use twine instead of tape. It's frugal and practical. Now I know all you young racers like to blow your money replacing tubes without patching them or wasting inches of tape where trying would suffice just fine, but some of us unracers like to reduce our consumption habits and not fall for all those latest doohickies and gadgets
>>
My unracer bike has drop bars, I like them but I feel like they’re just too racer. Any alternative bar types that have multiple actually useful hand positions?
>>
>>1562011
Moustache, butterfly, newer types like the batwing (can't remember who makes it), velo orange's crazy bars and the jones loop/h-bar. Or some shallow, flared drops for extra gravel meme.
>>
>>1562007
>not wrapping your cloth tape from the stem to ends
it's literally free
free
r
e
e
>>
>>1562007
>Yeah but you can save $1 over the course of a lifetime if you use twine instead of tape. It's frugal and practical.
Meanwhile I've wasted so much money buying rolls of electrical tape, trying to find something of good quality and with a nice satin matte surface.
>>
File: sawyer.png (278 KB, 409x352)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
ITT: Weak chicken-legged casuals who get their asses handed to them by real cyclists everyday.
>>
File: showme.jpg (2.1 MB, 3810x2508)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
buuurrrrrrRRRRace!
>>
>>1558190
Beautiful bike.
>>
>>1562000
hipster contrarianism
>>
File: ladies-laughing.jpg (1.67 MB, 3216x2136)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>1558190
>obscenely expensive contrarian meme fashion road bike is good because it's honest and i'd buy one if it was cheap
>>
File: 1587143729074.jpg (80 KB, 1024x1024)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1562357
what's a real cyclist?
>>
>>1554124
Nice corndog bars
>>
It's this thread's 30dayversary and you know what that means?
>>
>>1568319
what does it mean.
>>
>>1556416
nice bike
faget handlebar
>>
Oh look, it's the 'Filthy Casual General'!
I pass dozens of you guys every day I ride and all I'm doing is just idling along.
Git Gud, casuals.
>>
>>1557997
off-putting color. looks like Nalgene full of cum.
>>
>>1571819
>>1568319
ya wtf SAY IT BIGOT
>>
File: 1600639938420.jpg (546 KB, 979x832)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>1565578
What makes a cyclist a cyclist?
>>
>>1573885
Riding a bicycle.
So a real cyclist would be someone who rides a real bicycle, i.e. not a BSO, then?
>>
>>1573888
I occasionally strum a few chords on my acoustic guitar. I am a guitarist and a musician.
>>
>>1573888
I have seen two kinds
the barely ridden BSO that just corrodes away in storage
the absolute mad man who rides a BSO every day, every single part of the bike completely thrashed from mileage

road bikes see a little more use but are often ditched before being worn enough to require repair, or at the very least are kept indoors more often
most of the worn out road bikes I have seen are from being used in annual sports events
>>
>>1573885
someone who rides for utility or fun that understands how their bike works, can fix a flat or other non-catastrophic mechanical issue in the field, and maintains their bike in the most basic ways.
>>
>>1554455
RACER: spends 8 grand on a race bike to do open-entry or privateer races. might be a dick, might not be a dick. probably a dentist if not an actual privateer racer. professional racers may have sponsors for equipment at the national and international level.
UNRACER: spends 8 grand on a touring bike because they got memed by grant peterson's holier-than-thou bullshit which was cooked-up to create an 'us-versus-them' schism in the cycling world as a marketing ploy. probably works in tech. most certainly a dick.
>>
>>1554755
i guess the idea is if you ride enough bikes without swallowing sacks full of hamburgers in your downtime you'll get fit enough to use the drops
>>
>>1554755
drops are pretty comfy desu. Lots of hand positions.
>>
File: negro kids.jpg (368 KB, 1200x800)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>1555036
>Only using a bicycle for commuting is nothing to brag about
Using a bicycle is nothing to brag about in general. It's just a cheap vehicle. It's supposed to be inclusionary, not some elitist activity.
>You don’t ride for fun, for health, for nature, solitude, socializing or for anything respectable
You can do all of that while commuting on a bike.
>>
>>1576067
Did you seriously reply to a post that’s 50 days old?
>>
>>1576072
Corona /n/: the post
>>
File: 1434492499890.gif (298 KB, 300x199)
298 KB
298 KB GIF
>>1576105
>replying to posts that are 2 months old is proud /n/ culture!
get help my dude
>>
>>1576155
t. BUMP, BUMP, WHY IS NO ONE RESPONDING!?!?!? guy who posts wat car iz gud and expects a detailed answer in 10 minutes
>>
File: 1426534299793.jpg (28 KB, 340x399)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1576162
>why yes, I approach every conflict in my life by assuming anyone that disagrees with me in any way is the epitome of everything wrong in the world, how could you tell?
>>
>>1556416
The dream
>>
>>1576067
Man those kids seem so happy. Maybe they had to walk two hours to get to school before some white people gave them a bike.
>>
>>1556367
I have a pair of similar brake lever/shifters.
Just because I like friction shifting, but wanted to use a frame bag w/ the dank Miyata I got from a pawn shop.
They're tite, but man do they bring out the haters.

>>1556368
>>1556372
I have the ones from IRD, they chose to bolt the shift boss to the lever in a sane way, and they're cheaper.

>>1557711
Occasionally I used to pass this one hippie chick while going to work. She would be barefoot, but her pedals were the plastic platform type, with molded-on pins.
I asked her, "Don't those pins hurt your feet?" and she replied, smugly, "Don't those shoes hurt your feet?"

>>1557941
>Is there even a picture in existence of these types of poseurs on the drops?
Yes, but you won't find an 'unironic' one.

>>1573876
>Nalgene full of cum
Every unracer can dream...
>>
look up Edward Ryko
>>
>>1580420
>insanely long wheelbase and chain stays
>whippet thin tubes (made of whatever ancient steel)
>giant 700+ wheels with big poofy slicks
>sprung Hammock saddle
>bartape folded over 1000 times
Fuck that looks comfy
>>
File: Buzzzzard.jpg (1.51 MB, 3459x2004)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>
>>1583912
that looks cozy
>>
File: 1602715533840.png (158 KB, 1186x748)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>1554994
imagine her rear chain stays both snapped simultaneously. Imagine the smell
>>
>>1554124
thought i saw a slingshot there for a sec.
>>
>that guy who just rides and goes where he wants without dumb lycra
Is he an unracer
>>
>>1583953
If he's asking about it on an anonymous imageboard for validation, he's fragile.
>>
>>1556102
the picture made my pp hard
>>
>>1561992
HOW
>>
>>1580420
Looks like a teenagers room
>>
File: 1597431266290.gif (283 KB, 341x228)
283 KB
283 KB GIF
>>1557902
You are me.
>>
>>1557711
>shut it you small titted cunt just because im /unracer/ doestn mean im willing to mistreat my machine to that extent. you dont deserve that bike roastie whore
>>
>>1555240
This is what I've noticed as well. I know racers who train, they buy a complete bike from a local shop and ride with it. They race and are fit.

The unracers I know own many bikes, all of them are steel ones, heavy and expensive, often bought as a frameset and built up with industry9, chrish king etc. They base their entire lifestyle around bikes. Still somehow they aren't at all fit, they ride slow and can't ride long distances at all. Few weeks ago I got invited for a ride with these unracers. The rode was 90 km with avg speed below 20 km/h and 2/7 riders couldn't make it so they stopped for a pizza and told us rest to keep going.
>>
File: 1590094128231.png (713 KB, 1024x576)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
Go ride your bike and have some fun instead of shitposting about how other people do their riding anon. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>1557902
I had similar problems with my rides, after 30kms my ass hurt or straight gone numb, even less distance in cold weather. Turns out it was the padding's fault, my sadle was gel padded and allowed for a larger area for pressure. Replaced the saddle with a nice leather one (Brooks B17) and the pain and numbness went away. The leather saddle is much more rigid than gel padded ones, allows you to support your bone structure directly and is still very comfortable, also allows more movement to position yourself when changing bar handle positions/aero on downhills.
I can only recommend the same for you, there are plenty of nice leather saddle options (even more rigid modern saddles as well) outside of Brooks, it is just a nice good quality brand.
>>
>>1558363
>beard dude checking out denim dude's ass
>>
File: mealfor12.jpg (26 KB, 512x288)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
>>1592957
What makes it green...?
>>
>>1580952
You forgot
>fixed
Fucking wew lad
>>
File: me.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
Literally me
>>
>>1596807
ew. this is not a race
>>
>>1554124
help me out unracers

when im just going out for a ride and not a 2 hour sufferfest I'll sometimes want to wear streetclothes. In the summer this is easy- a pair of underwear with support and basketball shorts.

What the hell do I wear in winter when it is below 40 degrees? Because it seems like it would just be easiest to wear my baselayer and lycra shorts regardless unless Im missing something here.
>>
>>1599044
At 40 degrees I would wear winter cycling pants and a water proof wind-breaking jacket. And gloves, and a balaclava, and wool socks. There really isn't much less effort involved since you have to gear-up anyways. But the pants are the real issue, the rest I could wear on the street.
>>
File: IMG_7177 (Custom).jpg (698 KB, 4000x2667)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
>>1599047
longjohn baselayer under your shorts. I like polyester ones. Or two.

Layer merino/polyester baselayers. I have some that are skin tight and some that are looser, like t-shirts. Varying thicknesses. Long and short sleeve. They layer well. I'll wear 3 baselayers before I add a mid-layer.

Outer layer is very thin polyester red thing with hood. purely for stopping wind. I strongly advise avoiding waterproof garments on a bicycle, unless it's raining (heavily), because you'll just drown in sweat. If it's not enough to cut windchill, i layer another similiar thing (the one between the down & rain shell).

If it's REALLY cold I add down.
If it's raining/snowing, rain jacket. Legs just get wet.
gloves & stretchy neck thing too when it's cold enough.
>>
>>1576155
if the post is on the board and not in the archive, it is fair game mate. its not like any of you cunts are going anywhere
>>
File: not even bait.jpg (7 KB, 200x200)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1554124
>>
>>1599044
I like joggers. Maybe some thin layers underneath.
>>
>>1557116
the smaller the saddle, the bigger the babe, the better
>>
>>1576072
>a weird necro appears
>>
>>1599044
i wear basic mild-compression underwear, cheap "winter" jeans lined with a thin layer of fleece, synthetic tshirt, sweatshirt, merino neck thing, merino socks, regular cycling cap
>>
>>1599049
that's not any more convenient than racer gear though. unracing is about convenience
>>
I have a single speed with a coaster brake and I want to get some clean bars
For commuting comfort will drop bars with no hoods work? I enjoy the multiple hand positions, but I'm not sure about the forward lean
>>
File: Albatross.jpg (111 KB, 640x480)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>1599265
no, the only drop bars designed to be used without hoods are track drops. anything else will suck without hoods, and track drops are meant to be ridden in the drops all the time, which isn't comfy. get something like picrel, which offers 2 hand positions - grip area and forward area.
>>
>>1599265
you are not sure about the forward lean? lmao
>>
>>1599274
I literally see brakeless fixies run drop bars all the time
>>1599286
I was under the impression that for comfortable riding you'd want to be as upright as possible?
>>
That feel when you have an unracer bike (14.4kg heavy cross bike) while wanting to be and cycle like a racer.
>>
>>1599298
>I was under the impression that for comfortable riding you'd want to be as upright as possible
Have you ever considered that you are full retarded?
>>
>>1599298
get dummy hoods then. nobody cares. if you have a coaster brake on a drop bar bike you're dumb. do the dummy hoods so will make me laugh
>>
>>1599298
so? we're talking about commuting. no one commutes in the drops of track drops.
>>
>>1557996
>>1557902

I just bought a bag for my rear rack, but now I'm thinking a milk crate might be better...
>>
>>1557996
You think this is a race?
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!
Fuckwit
>>
>>1599298
Those are track wannabes. If you ride on the drops a lot then get drops otherwise use flats
>>
>>1599265
The advantage of the drop bars is the easy and more comfy tucking in when in the drops. Makes you more aerodynamic so headwind, crosswind and rain is less of an issue. Also you can go a bit faster with more control.
Also good alternative is the bullhorn bar, two hand positions, forward position offering the more aerodynamic position but not as much as drops.
>>
>>1599360
>no one commutes in the drops of track drops.
I used to work with a guy who did. Nitto B123AA bars, no wrap, no brakes. That dude was an absolute tool.

>>1599389
>I'm thinking a milk crate might be better
I never liked em. I had to throw my leg up so high to clear the crate, and that's on a 60cm frame. I imagine it's worse if you're a short person.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.