[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1537393551924.jpg (78 KB, 787x1024)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Is there a term for these quarantine cyclists, /n/? They're like freds way worse and way more aggravating.
>>
Targets
>>
>cycling is MY sport!! No one else can have it!!
>>
>>1495760
I welcome more people to my conveniently combined transportation/fitness/fun, as long as they learn some respect. Don't be a dick, don't spit. just basic stuff.

The problem is the EVERYONE SHOULD BE WELCOMING unracer crowd will shout down anyone who expects a modicum of basic manners, telling someone that a certain behavior is unacceptable, dangerous, unsanitary, or discourteous is considered "elitism".

So the bad habits perpetuate themselves.
>>
>>1495762
you're salty as fuck dude

i have a 2 stroke motor on my bike and i pulled the baffle

im an all around fuck head on bike paths and everyone seethes
>>
>>1497570
Dennis the Menace is that you
>>
>>1497570
kinda hope you get done in on that fucking thing 2bh pal
>>
I've stayed cycling due to the quarantine. Pretty enjoyable TBPH.
>>
>we need more people cycling
>normies ride bikes around like they behave in all other things they aren't really invested in
>no wait not like that I mean everyone should share my hobby in an autistic manner because my worldview is the only correct on1!
>>
>>1495757
Aside from some supply issues they've created and some minor inconveniences on trails (but admittedly gives a little confidence boost passing people), these newbie guys have kept the baiku industry afloat these last few months while china/taiwan factories have been closed and shipping went to shit. Their eventual mechanical idiocy will keep local service shops in healthy business for quite some time, or give Park Tool a boost with all the new DIY-ers.

Hoping increased demand only helps the industry long-term. More bikes sold at a higher margin means more $$ for development, production and innovation.

Glad to see some of my friends getting into it as a way to spend time together and have fun. I think it'll be like the 10sp boom in the 70s except with more mountain bikes. Just gotta wait for the supply base to build back up for those 21MY bikes... All the shops are completely empty and I wanted a new MTB this year...
>>
All the cagers are back on the road now since the lockdown is pretty much dead now where I am no matter how much Facebook boomers whine
>>
>>1498929
try some of these next time:
. , ;
>>
File: furgng.jpg (786 KB, 2266x1225)
786 KB
786 KB JPG
>>1495757
>term
newfriends,,,orankers.
>>
>>1497570
lmao same. tomorrow i'm going seal my gaskets with some rtv and fuck around with the intake on the carb trynna get them speed gains.
>>
>>1497570
you'll surely find valhalla soon on that thing
>>
>>1495757
All these cyclists want everyone to be riding bikes everywhere and commuting on them until there’s a traffic jam on the MUP
>>
>>1503722
Not me. Fuck them. I want them to go back to REEEEing about getting "almost hit" because they stepped into a bike lane with their eyes glued to their phone.
>>
>>1495757
>>
>>1503710
people have been putting Whizzers on bikes since the 1920s. Its a common first gearhead project as it teaches you the importance of delicately and correctly mounting an engine.
>>
File: baldy stage.jpg (172 KB, 1200x888)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>1503722

>Pass a newbie cyclist in a drop bar grabel/road bike riding on the MUP with me on the road to his left
>"Ride in the Road, brother you have nothing to lose but your chains"
>go riding the next day
>he's in the road, taking the right 1/3rd of the land

My nigga
>>
>>1506366
Why are those freds wearing the spande and lycra? This is NOT a race!
>>
Future used bike salesmen. Seriously the used bike market is going to be flooded once people go back to their cars and jobs.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.