[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]



File: p6pb15904329.jpg (788 KB, 1600x1069)
788 KB
788 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: BrakeOnRight3.jpg (388 KB, 1178x1600)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
"Suicide levers", an early front derailleur shifting mechanism. I've used these and they're not too hard to get used to! Terrifying on hills and weaving in traffic though
>>
Manta saddle. Been around for a while, long distance people swear by them. They contort to your ass and thighs as you cycle. Giger would be proud
>>
Storck integrated caliper brakes. Minute aero advantage. 1 billion dollars.
>>
The Softride TT bike. Supposed to be the cushiest road bike available when paired with a sus stem. Prone to "bouncing" in corners if your technique is not laser precise. Cyberpunk as fuck.
>>
File: BK.jpg (32 KB, 900x900)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
File: quickbeam-st-patrick.jpg (253 KB, 1024x768)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
Quickbeam by rivendell cycles. Comfy af, named after an Ent. The tires are designed with an optical illusion that changes colour as you speed up. Modelled by the man himself.
>>
>>1361251
What am I looking at?
>>
>>1361262
Suntour Command install 015.jpg
>>
File: Shockster.jpg (87 KB, 466x768)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>
>>1361253
https://youtu.be/q7IzMncspeE

what tangled webs we weave to avoid getting a recumbent
>>
>>1361264
This looks like someone spent 5 minutes on the idea phase and a year on the design
>>
>>1361268
>wanting to be lower to the ground not elegantly gliding above it
>>
>>1361251
God damn does that cable housing need to be longer
>>
>>1361258
These were banned by UCI for giving riders an unfair advantage
>>
File: campeur dt bokeh.jpg (146 KB, 1600x1059)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>
>>1361307
Every city is full of vintage fixie conversions with these... I really like em tho. Gives you much more control and poise over shifting.
>>
>>1361309
>an image of shifters
>vintage fixie conversions
what
>>
>>1361309
fixie levers are for hipsters. luckily I live somewhere without too many poor people or fringies so I rarely catch sight of the accursed things
>>
>>1361311
Based grandpa
>>
>>1361307
Downtube shifters are not unusual, my '80s road bike has them and so does every single road bike of a certain age. I'm having to buy new ones because I stupidly bought ones that are indexed for Shimano cassettes when my bike has a Campagnolo cassette (which is apparently 1.5mm wider).

>>1361321
No he's asking that question because a fixie wouldn't have shifters would it, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1361321
no really why would you leave shifters on a fixie
>>
File: FB_IMG_1563301652432.jpg (41 KB, 858x960)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1361322
>>1361323
>>1361311
>why yes, I shift gears on a fixie, how could you tell?
>>
>>1361313
>fixie levers
>>
>>1361307
>post exotic and unusual bike parts
>downtube shifters
>conventional
>extremely common
way to out yourself as a retard, anon.
>>
Probably the rarest bit of kit that I own.
Cinelli Spinaci, the cool version.

Banned by the >>>>>>>>UC<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, really.
>>
>>1361372
So they're aero bars without the elbow rests?
>>
File: whytherage.jpg (56 KB, 564x489)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>
>>1361264
What is this supposed to do? Provide suspension the brakes?
>>
>>1361253
All these new ''saddle'' inventions to alleviate soreness and pain all arrived on the market after polymer plastic saddles became the norm after the 1960s, because the new generations have forgotten what an actual bicycle saddle is supposed to be, look and feel like. Pic related.

The answer to what is the right saddle as been staring people in their face the whole time. An actual fucking saddle. Not some stupid gel polymer foam shit, not weird noseless or manta/moon shapes. No, just a S.A.D.D.L.E. Pic related
>>
File: downforce.jpg (343 KB, 750x750)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>
File: KTMAnim_1.gif (266 KB, 300x225)
266 KB
266 KB GIF
Shimano front freewheel to allow gear shifting without pedalling.
>>
>>1361607
No, its basically like shocks for the rear triangle
>>1361610
What makes leather much more comfortable? >muh natural materials? Or is it just the trad shape and slight increase in springiness of rails?

>>1361630
Pure Chad Energy

>>1361642
Why isnt this the norm? Seems based
>>
>>1361246
What is the actual point of leaving off half your fork? Literally fucking WHY???????????

What advantage could this POSSIBLY confer?

Normally if you have some new bike design it's because it confers an ADVANTAGE. Think superman bars on Boardman's bike. Think all the other kinds of aero-seeking bars that have been seen at the TdF at various points. Think disc brakes - they confer an advantage (some disadvantages too, but there are advantages). Think power meters, think disc wheels, think carbon frames, all of these technologies have advantages and REASONS TO EXIST.

What the FUCK is the reason for chopping off half your fork and instantly making your remaining fork WAY, WAY weaker and less stable? What the FUCK is the point?
>>
>>1361659
>he thinks we live in a world where every design decision has rational reasons
>he doesn't know that human minds, targeted by marketing of slick looking products, aren't rational
>>
>>1361668
You're wrong. People hate gimmicks and they don't buy them. They like slick design of a FUNCTIONAL product, yes. As long as the product is fundamentally functional and good at what it does. If it sacrifices too much function for the sake of form then they don't buy it.

You also didn't give me any positive reasons of why that one-sided design is advantageous, which is what I was asking for, and is surely the only thing that can be used to justify why that product exists in the first place.
>>
Never used one, they're supposed to allow you to more efficiently transfer power during leg strokes, don't know whether they're snake oil.
>>
>>1361659
It was made for cross country bikes, where they go for long distances without big jumps, they chopped half of the fork so it weighs half as much.
>>
>>1361653
The Lepper L-85 hammock saddle literally does what the manta does, the Brooks B190 as well. the leather shapes to your but and is flexible enough so it moves with the thigh movement. It's extremely comfortable & breathable. Note I am only talking about the larger suspended hammock saddles or the Brooks B190 series.
Gel foam seats are terrible because they don't move with your body / dont ventilate.
>>
>>1361687
They really work. ~3% free gain if you use oval rings correctly.
>>
>>1361685
Cannondales lefties were a big success around the world because they turn heads and the brand got more popular.

>people hate gimmicks and don't buy them
Oh they will buy it, as long as these gimmicks look rad af.
In your logic everyone would wear plain white shirts. But in the real world aesthetics matter to customers. Customers want a product to identify as "special" and "different".

>You also didn't give me any positive reasons of why that one-sided design is advantageous
There are none, only slight disadvantages.

>>1361689
>they chopped half of the fork so it weighs half as much.
Thats nonsense. The lefty has to be more than twice as rigid as a normal twin fork. The force impact is asymetrical + only one half is there. A lefty fork isn't lighter than an equally rigid twin fork.
>>
>>1361697
It's half a kilo lighter than every susp fork
>>
>>1361687
Biomechanically they make a lot of sense because the leg force output varies on the knee angle.
A gear that respects that will transorm the normal jerky motion to a smoother continous motion with less losses.
The muscle also gets loaded more evenly.

I'd love to try them out. Not so sure how well the FD shifting will work thougj
>>
>>1361701
Then it's less stable, except they used a stronger alloy. Can't beat physics
>>
You're too young if you don't get this.
>>
File: pg-bugatti-fahrrad-05.jpg (180 KB, 1220x686)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1361708
Whatever let's you sleep at night
>>
>>1361713
Not the other guy but that's slightly different though because you still have a stay attached to either side of the rear axle. Quite clever actually. With those Cannondale forks however the axle must be held stably on one side, and the suspension movement must be reinforced to maintain straightness as well. I have no doubt that those forks hold up well, but I imagine that they must be so strongly reinforced that it pretty much negates any weight savings, ultimately making them a brand recognition gimmick.
>>
File: froomey 2019.jpg (1.15 MB, 3500x2338)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>1361687
>>1361694
>>1361705
Wiggo used them and so does Froomey, and so have other top riders, but then again many top riders don't use them too. If there was a huge benefit surely everyone would be using them, so I'm guessing it's a matter of preference / personal pedalling style / whatever.

Also:
>>1361687
>bmx
Why the FUCK would you need optimal power delivery on a fucking BMX?
>>
>>1361718
Quick acceleration in parks and on dirt ramps or something? I don't know, I merely picked an image that brought the shape across well.
>>
File: yotaphone 2.jpg (133 KB, 620x465)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>1361689
>>1361697
>A lefty fork isn't lighter than an equally rigid twin fork.
Wow so it's even worse than I imagined. Why the fuck would anybody get one then? Or more importantly, why the fuck are they made in the first place?

>>1361697
>Cannondales lefties were a big success around the world because they turn heads and the brand got more popular.
Sounds like absolute bollocks.

>Oh they will buy it, as long as these gimmicks look rad af.
No, no they won't. Think of something like pic related - it has a "cool" rear screen but it's just a fucking gimmick and ultimately it's a crap phone. So no one bought it. Same with gimmick cars, gimmick anything. People don't like gimmicks. They like functional and, ultimately, relatively pedestrian products, because they want things that fucking WORK.

>In your logic everyone would wear plain white shirts
No, an ACTUAL comparison would be people wearing half a fucking t-shirt. How many people do you see walking around wearing half a t-shirt? I guess on the upside it weighs half as much, right? (Although like you say later in your post, "a lefty fork isn't lighter than an equally rigid twin fork", which literally makes the Lefty useless even for the only thing that would have made it useful). But on the downside it makes you cold and you look like an idiot, so it's not very practical, so no one wears half-t-shirts.

By your logic everybody rides a plain white bike. But they don't. Bikes come not only in tons of different colours and finishes, but tons of different designs too.

>There are none, only slight disadvantages.
No advantages, right, got it. Just like I thought.
>>
>>1361723
500 grams lighter sounds like and advantage to me
>>
>>1361713
That's disgusting
>>
>>1361365
Having to explain this in a post is even more retarded, retard
>>
>>1361713
So even that bike has two forks, lmao.

>>1361719
Fair. Or maybe "BMX" is just the model name or something. Because I still don't think you would ever need a chainring like this on a BMX.
>>
>>1361725
But this guy - >>1361697 - said the Lefty isn't lighter than an equally rigid twin fork. Also 500 grams really isn't a huge amount, especially in mountain biking where I would have thought the weight of your bike isn't as critical as, say, road racing. Maybe I'm wrong though because, to be honest, I know nothing about mountain biking.
>>
File: Cape epic Stage 1.jpg (21 KB, 550x281)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1361730
500 grams out of 2 kg is a big deal, cross country races are endurance races just like the road races, long distances and big climbs, everything isn't downhill, downhill is just for the lazy fucks and enduro is for less lazy fucks, but still lazy.
>not timing the climbs
>>
>>1361687
I've used them and I like them. Keep in mind modern oval rings are the exact opposite of old biopace rings.
>>
>>1361733
I didn't even know mountain bikers did stage races. Crazy. Do pro mountain bikers on those stage races use Leftys then since they're lighter?
>>
File: Fulgsang.jpg (90 KB, 377x884)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1361748
Those who run for cannondale do
>>
>>1361750
Ah, I know that name. Always weird to see road riders doing other disciplines before they did road. But I guess if you're a good bike racer with strong legs and an ability to chuck out lots of power for sustained periods then you'll probably do well at any type of cycling.

Anyway I still don't see an advantage of this half fork, just seems weird and stupid to me.
>>
You cant get anything more exotic and sexier than these brakes.

I have seen them IRL only one time on a Miguel Induráin bike on display.
>>
I've never seen a lauf irl.
>>
>>1361767
Aren't they just normal centre-pull brakes, just with an enclosed mechanism?

>>1361769
Ah you found another pointlessly stupid fork design to complement the Lefty we've been talking about, nice.
>>
>>1361771
stfu
>>
>>1361771
Some people are afraid their front wheel will pop off or break the fork due to heavy disc braking. I assume this is for them.
>>
>>1361774
It's a suspension fork for gravel bikes.
>>
>>1361769
Just when you think modern bikes can't get any uglier
>>
File: 1427697317699.jpg (201 KB, 1024x506)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>
File: colnago_delta3.jpg (40 KB, 500x375)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1361771
>>
>>1361782
>colnago
now I mad
>>
>>1361782
what is this italian sorcery I'm staring at. Why is it so needlessly complex?
>>
>>1361773
>gets triggered but doesn't have an argument
Fucking lmao.

>>1361782
Ah right. So it's a bit more complicated than a normal centre-pull.
>>
>>1361778
because you didn't like having 99% efficiency in the first place
>>
>>1361785
Why are you just shitting on everything? This is an exotic component thread, they don't have to be good
>>
File: 1542844302351.jpg (329 KB, 1200x900)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>
File: 56151654.jpg (152 KB, 939x540)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1361755
>Anyway I still don't see an advantage of this half fork, just seems weird and stupid to me.
It's more than just a lower weight fork. Cannondale claims the fork is also stiffer compared to standard forks due to it being double crown (on some models) and square faces on the mating surfaces of the stanchion accompanied by needle bearings.
>>
File: ragnotti Clio.jpg (18 KB, 400x262)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1361791
>it isn't the rear one so you can do sick handbrake turns
Missed opportunity
>>
>>1361785
There's no arguing with retards.
>>
>>1361791
I like this
>>
>>1361726
it's an ebike
>>
>>1361782
I googled this and I ended up coming across a bike (with Deltas) that has 24 karat gold plated components (24 karat means 100% gold by the way, I didn't even know this).

It fits both the criteria of this thread ("exotic" and "unusual") so enjoy, lads. The article accompanying it is interesting too.

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/06/bikes-of-the-bunch-2016-colnago-arabesque-living-room-special/
>>
>>1361790
I'm not shitting on everything, I'm just still baffled by a one-sided fork and still wondering whether there are any conceivable benefits of it or whether it is literally just designed to grab attention, even at the cost of usability. Which would be very sad if it was the case.

>>1361792
Yeah I did some googling and it seems some people have been saying things like this. Eh, maybe there are reasons to use it then, although certainly not super convincing reasons that indisputably put it ahead of normal forks.

>>1361795
>gets triggered but doesn't have an argument
Fucking lmao.
>>
>>1361811
Ho lee fuck is that thing ugly
Would be a work of art if all those gold components were plain silver
>>
>>1361814
My 2 XC bikes are lefty hardtails.
It is a lot more rigid on a forward-backward plane which is obvious with the tubes being wider and the double crown. It is less pronounced in the side to side plane.
It saves a few hundred grams.
I feel like the suspension lockout works a lot better on that design.
Before going tubeless, it was really useful to be able to just flip the bike and change a punctured tube without removing the wheel.
It isn't in anyway weaker or less stable, bear in mind that the tube is like twice the diameter of a regular suspension.
And finally you have people coming to you saying "Woah dude, your wheel look like it's floating in the air !"
>>
>>1361811
>24 karat means 100% gold by the way
*bends in all directions on the first ride*
nothing personnel notaste buyer
>>
>>1361258
i constantly see these on sf bay craigslist
>>
>>1361774
No it's for gravel bikes to absorb very small bikes. It only has like 30mm of suspension and they are ridiculously overpriced.
>>
File: Dursley Pedersen.jpg (122 KB, 1000x667)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>1361653
it behaves like a hammock
>>
>>1361811
>24 karat gold plated components
>(24 karat means 100% gold by the way, I didn't even know this).
>gold plated components
>plated
no, it just means the gold is 100% real but the components are just steel or aluminum or some other alloy plated in 24k gold. Just like chrome plated parts aren't 100% chrome, just plated in chrome through electroplating.
>>
>>1361811
Nothing special at all and done very short minded.

Gold plating on parts with heavy mechanical wear (chain, cogs, brake rim surface - you can see wear already on the upper chain line) while the frame isn't plated.
Gold is fantastic for electrical contacts and doesn't oxidize but under mechanical abrasive stress it wears quickly.
>>
>>1361947
it's just a meme fashion bike you autist
you don't have to explain why it's not practical
>>
File: 1477056680906.png (13 KB, 418x359)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1361948
I'm sorry for interrupting your communication culture of pointless ramblings by providing technical detail.
>>
>>1361943
That frame design is just waiting to impale someone.
>>
File: Mitsunobu.jpg (140 KB, 960x1369)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>1361951
>thinking you aren't also pointlessly rambling
sweetie
>>
>>1361894
>>1361944
Yes I said PLATED in my post, but 24 karat means that the gold used to plate it is 100% gold, rather than a lower grade of gold.
>>
>>1361947
>>1361948
>>1361951
Yes it's clearly just a show bike. The article says that it is ridable if you use different wheels, but honestly who would want to ride it, because you'd just mess up all the hard work gone into it.

Of course personally I want a functional bike instead of a show bike. But I'm guessing the guy who got this thing built is minted and wanted to show off. Fair play, I guess.
>>
>>1361311
What do you mean, 'what'?

>>1361322
>>1361323
How are you going to shift gears without shifters?
>>
>>1361998
Fixies don't shift gears, Anon
>inb4 some smartass posts that one weird ass multi gear "fixie" drivetrain
>>
File: pVsBKhK.jpg (64 KB, 700x557)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1361723
>How many people do you see walking around wearing half a t-shirt?
lots of people uses stupid unfunctional uncomfortable clothes, just for the hype. just get out to any normal street on any city and you'll see it.
all of the people? no, but lots of them.

the same goes with cellphones, cars, food, ideologies and, of course, bikes.
not every cyclist is going to fall for a gimmick, but with some good aimed and executed marketing you can sell almost everything.
trust me, i used to be part of the problem as an art director in advertising. i've seen incredibly stupid things selling like hot bread.
>>
When you pedal it goes forwards, but when you pedal backwards it goes forwards at a different gear ratio.

It's a gimmick honestly, but I love gimmicks, and it's a cool attention grabber on a single speed beach cruiser or a freak bike or something if you're into that sorta stuff.
>>
>>1362053
isn't it very noisy?
>>
>>1362054
you're going to listen to one of the ratchets all the time
>>
File: appaled feline.png (848 KB, 708x586)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>>1361713
> Half the rear triangle missing
> Carbon–mustard composite
> Flat pedals
> Fixiefag handlebars
> Deep section rims, æro spokes, but low gearing
> Brake cable so tight it's about to snap
> Brake cable routed through fork (???)

What the FUG am I looking at?
>>
>>1361769
just built a custom bike at work with a lauf install, took it for a test ride.
In straight lines and curves it really has a nice absorption of bumps, felt better than most road rigid suspension stuff ive ridden (futureshock, zertz, etc)

but then in any cornering, the wheel tilts and its really kind of offputting. not like it made me crash or anything but you'd really have to get used to it. Cant say id ride one after testing it.
>>
File: velocio.jpg (71 KB, 509x558)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1362053
This is the chad randonneur bike, chainrings on both sides, yours is the virgin cruiser one.
>>
>>1362505
those bars can be pretty functional, you can use the looping part as an aero bar. nice!
>>
>>1361642
>>1361653
>Why isnt this the norm? Seems based
Inefficient coasting? Chain has to run through the pulleys etc. Though front freewheel is a thing at least in trials but for different reason than here (they're single speed). Front freewheel allows to rotate cranks backwards to a better position without dropping the chain even if the chain is resting on the edge of the obstacle.

But it would be interesting to see that implemented to a mtb. Changing gears without pedaling might be a good idea and a little more resistance while coasting wouldn't be that big of a deal.

>>1361730
>>1361755
Race XC bikes are like 8 kg or less so 500 g is a lot. These Leftys are also upside down, so less unsprung mass (though they're not the only upside down XC forks). Less sealings probably also means less friction and more suptle ride.

And of course marketing alone is big enough reason to make lefties.

And as >>1361848 said, with one leg you can have larger diameter with less weight. I can believe that lefties are actually more stiff at a given weight. The wheel attachement just needs to be more sturdy.

Mayb some body could try to make a "front triangle" instead of a "fork". Maybe it's actually lighter with more than two legs?

>>1361767
I once saw these bolted on some vintage Basso. Sexy as fuck. It was an old dude who also had a full length pump and a tubular spare tire strapped on the frame.
>>
File: scurrahardenduro.jpg (43 KB, 616x347)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1363167
Forgot a pic I found.
>>
>>1363167
>Inefficient coasting?
Is it though?
there's a little bit more of friction from the chain but the extra rotating mass might make you coast for longer.
>>
>>1363167
>>1363193
>Why isnt this the norm? Seems based
It probably never caught on due to safety concerns. If a pant leg or shoe lace get's sucked into the chainring then it could cinch that clothing with the leg.
>>
File: 64114metaloid001.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
As a child I had a BMX whose frame was made from like 200 recycled aluminium cans. Eventually the steel bottom bracket welded to the steel seat tube fell off and I disposed of it, learning like 10 years later that it was rare as fuck and only a couple hundred were ever made. It was a heavy pile of shit, but it was an unusual pile of shit.
>>
>>1362505
>200mm crank arms
Based
>>
>>
>>1361955
I don't think that is an issue. Never heard of a Pedersen impaling anyone. The design tries to put only pressure on the tubes and minimize flexing so the tubes won't break but would habe to pierce the lugs.

I'd love to try one, they are supposed to be very comfy.
>>
>>1362000
Single speeds don't shift gears. The clue is in the name. Fixies are agnostic in this respect.
>>
>>1363343
Drops are dumb, and at the width of a mountain bike handlebar they're even dumber.
>>
>>1363734
Bar-ends are from the Dark Age of MTB Geometry - between the Klassic Klunker Era and Angleset Renaissance - when dirt road roadies were in charge.
>>
>>1361630
gotta go fast
>>
>>1363734
Nope
>>
>>1363954
Yes.
>>
>>1363954
What benefit would the "rugby player about to hit that maul" position bring to riding?
>>
>>1363960
I would guess it gives better clearance for front baggage
>>
>>1361951
>I'm sorry for interrupting your communication culture of pointless ramblings by providing technical detail

look at the name on the colnago picture, retardo
>>
>>1363960
Wider bars give more stability on shit road with mud/snow/sand
>>
>>1363785
how about the blasphemy of flared drops ?
>>
>>1361687
I just read about them. I want.
>>
>>1364122
Nothing wrong with flared drops.
I hear they're nice for touring/randonneuring.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (406 KB, 1600x1066)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
Triple crown 26x4.0 rigid fat bike fork. Intended for cruisers. I have one, I like it. It's surprisingly similar in weight to the stock fork on my dept store fat bike while being way more durable and overall nicer feeling. Has those little slots for the tabbed washers too and more space to attach auxilliary lights and whatever.
>>
>>1364502
>Triple crown
You need to dig out your kindergarten curriculum and revise counting.
>>
>>1364742
Triple crown, Double crown, Triple tree. All the same from the people selling these. Don't blame me, blame the salesmen.
>>
>>1361251
Man I want a pair of those soooooooooo bad! How are they? Are they as bad ass as they look?
>>
>>1364742
Oh. Good. It's not just me.
For a while there I thought I might be having a stroke.
>>
>>1364122
they seem cool.
i love the custom mounts for the thumb-shifters, but why no brakes?
don't tell me it's got a coaster hub.
>>
>>1365571
Look closer.
>>
>>1361252
I've never seen this before. I love it.
>>
>>1361687
I've ridden them, could not feel a difference.
>>
>>1364351

Biopace chainrings were awesome.
>>
>>1365571
>mounts for the thumb-shifters
WTB shifter perches
https://www.wtb.com/blogs/wtb/10299165-throwback-thursdays-1986-wtb-modified-drop-bar-and-shifter-mounts-pre-1994-mailer
>why no brakes
gotta go fast
>>
File: 21311252146558_578.jpg (68 KB, 800x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
rare pedal from unknown chinese manufacture and in unknown chinesium material
>>
>>1367468
qt
>>
>>1361687
I have one, but it didn't fit my cranks, so I couldn't use it. It's the right bolt circle, but the wrong fitting where the bolts go in. Might take it to a machine shop, and get them to make it work. Not really too anal about getting the advantages, but they are a good idea if you think about it. Basically like being in a harder gear where you make power, and a easier gear when you're not making power. Great idea in my opinion.
>>
>>
>>1367485
couldn't you do it yourself with an anglegrinder or a drill?
>>
>>1367487
No, I thought about it. Basically the holes need to be like a millimeter bigger (need a drill press to do it proper/straight) and the flange needs to be thinner because the bolts won't reach through, which would require something, IDK what type of machine. Maybe a lathe........
>>
>>1367491
I could probably do it myself at a machine shop, just not at home.......I don't even have a vice here.
>>
>>1367497
just hold it in one hand and use a drill bro
it will be all good
>>
>>1367498
Lol......"The Red Green Show" *electrical explosions*...............But yeah, I don't really HAVE to get it done, so no point bodging it.
>>
>>1367468
neat
>>
Sram smartbar
>>
>>1371281
>>
>>1371283
I love those ancient looking dials on what was supposed to be a super futuristic bar. They even had a compass attachment for it, which honestly sounds like it would come in handy
>>
>>1371284
did they ever put these to market or did they just gauge reaction at trade-shows?
>>
>>1371514
I saw a bike with them on the street the other day, it's what inspired me to post it. Idk if they ever actually sold them though
>>
>>1361246
is pic related hard to balance on?
>>
>>1361630
this is amazing, i want a little spoiler for my bike
>>
>>1363954
those tires
those bars
gold's gym sweatshirt

this is a formidable man
>>
>>1371551
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.22.411b67fddHoNAS&id=568171121694&ns=1&abbucket=7#detail
Check this thread https://archive.nyafuu.org/n/thread/1202282/ it was full of chink gems.
>>
File: 1558980148245.png (451 KB, 539x540)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
this thread is gay and makes me angry
>>
>>1364122
Why not an altbar at this point and save on price-inflated road components?
>>
As exotic as it gets
>>
>>1374691
easily one of the best riding tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJyBLFuG4c
>>
>>1371553
That thing is a cyclecross monster waiting to be unleashed on pavement.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.