[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cover.png (488 KB, 800x800)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
why don't people like this?
>>
>>99699470
It's Not Good.
>>
because pitchfork.com told them not to
>>
>>99699470
no taste
>>
>>99699470
It's honestly just not that great. The first album was better, Here Comes The Indian was better, Sung Tongs was better, the pop stuff starting with Feels was better. everybody loves Essplode and I do like Penguin Penguin a lot but this album felt a lot like noise just for noise's sake.
>>
>>99699470
Way too disjointed just like Hollinndagain. Animal Collective is best when they're making somewhat coherent songs and not one take jams with noisy ambience.
>>
>>99700142
>>99700146
honestly? you have been filtered.
>>
>>99699470
better than spirit
don't @ me
>>
>>99699470
every song on this album is great. their best album
zoomers fuck off
>>
while Animal Crack Box is the worst Anco release to date, even it is more interesting than Danse Manatee, which is just sleep music
>>
>>99699470
essplode is pretty great
>>
File: good.png (2.11 MB, 2400x800)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
they're all good
>>
>>99700472
Campfire Songs is criminally underrated
>>
>>99700173
Cool response with no argument
>>
This is now a ranking thread.
Feels > HCTI > CS > MPP > SJ > STGSTV > PW > Hollinn > DM > ST > Sleep Cycle > CHz > TR > Person Pitch > Oddsac > Pullhair Fucking Rubeye
For the sake of brevity, I didn’t include any lives other than Hollinn, nor most of the solos, nor any EP’s.
>>
>>99700597
STG > Hollinndagain = Danse Manatee = Sung Tongs = Feels > Campfire Songs >>> MPP > Here Comes The Indian > Strawberry Jam >>>> Tangerine Reef > Painting With
>>
>>99700681
Oops I forgot Centipede Hz, which would be equal to Strawberry Jam
>>
>>99700597
I can't even rank them properly because like 7 of them are 9/10+. Top 3 in no particular order
Sleep Cycle
STGSTV
Feels
>>
danse manatee>hollinndagain>stgstv>sung tongs>here comes the indian>campfire songs>strawberry jam> feels > mpp
>>
>>99700681
I know I'm a part of the minority for thinking PW is a genuinely great album, but even accepting the consensus that it's bad, it clearly isn't the worst they've done. Did you leave CHz and Oddsac off the list just so PW would be last?
>>99700701
Oh, nevermind, but now I'm interpreting this as an insult to SJ.
>>
>>99700767
sj had a lot of duds i feel... unsolved mysteries, chores, #1, and derek mostly. it's still a great album though, just as CHz is. PW does not have much other than Floridada and Lying in the Grass, the rest are *fine* but just kind of bland
>>
STGSTV > Sung Tongs > Campfire Songs > Danse Manatee = Feels > MPP > Here Comes the Indian

haven't listened to Strawberry Jam yet
>>
I honestly can't even remember what it sounds like.
>>
>>99700490
for real. it's exactly what it sets out to be. some cozy and relaxing music
>>
>>99699470
its actually not that good. hoollindagain and crack box sound similarly fucked up but are way better.
>>
>>99700142
This. The critical part is "just for noise's sake". They can make good use of noisy stuff, but DM just feels like them fucking around without any real idea what they were trying to make.
>>
>>99701384
you are missing several albums, hollindigaan, centipede hz, prospect hummer, fall be kind, not even counting their albums since 2016
>>
>>99700755
Nobody cares about how edgy you are for putting MPP last faggot
>>
>itt: filtered plebs
>>
The Fireworks/Essplode mix is the best live performance anco has ever done also >>99700597
listen to the fixed version of Pullhair Rubeye I honestly love it
>>
>>99699470
It's a great album and almost everything they made after it was a mistake
>>
>>99700848
Derek isn't a dud I've definitely started appreciating it a lot more once I realized what cuckoo cuckoo is actually about. Works really well as like an emotional come down
>>
File: 1605249125716s.jpg (6 KB, 249x141)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>99700597
AnCo:
1. Sung Tongs
2. Feels
3. Strawberry Jam
4. Merriweather
5. STGSTV
6. Campfire
7. CHz
8. Painting With
9. HCTI (>Ark)
10. Danse

Panda:
1. Tomboy
2. PP
3. PBVSGR
4. Young Prayer

Avey:
1. Down There
2. Cows
3. Slasher Flicks
4. Eucalyptus
5. Pullhair

>deakin
>1 album
>>
>>99702812
Young Prayer is literally their best solo album overall
>>
>>99702590
Fireworks is straight up their best track to date.
>Pullhair Rubeye but reversed
I mean, it's listenable? My ranking in my notepad (I autistically rank every discography I complete in my phone's notes) says the five worst Anco-affiliated albums are Slasher House, Crack Box, Buoys, the reversed version of Rubeye, and Rubeye in descending order. Though I will say that I haven't heard the reversed version in a while and I've forgotten what it sounds like.
>>99702848
>Young Prayer is literally their seventh worst album overall
I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to say. Look on the bright side, it's better than Oddsac and the albums I listed above, that has to mean something, right?
>>
>>99699470
they got filtered
>>
>>99699470
I listened through once and thought "this is cool"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.