[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: taxi.jpg (1.15 MB, 1890x2871)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Is this movies soundtrack good?
>>
It's great
>>
This movie had such a shitty climax
>>
Yes, go listen to the Twin Peaks OST and Bohren and der Club of Gore to compliment it
>>
>>88353781
what would you have prefered
>>
>>88353781
climax was great, it was the denouement that was a face-palm. irl he'd be in the clink after all that
>>
>>88353714
soundtrack is top tier. herrmann's final masterpiece
>>
>>88355050
ending sequence is a dream as he's dying on couch - why would tone of movie completely change in last 2 minutes?
>>
File: gene_shalit_t670_t658.jpg (58 KB, 658x636)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
this is one of the few movies i'd consider almost perfect. the tone and soundtrack match eachother's intensities and both play with the hidden cracks of horror underneath the comatose daze of nyc cabbies. its a time capsule, a work of art, and a textbook for direction and cinematography. 9/10
>>
>>88353714
not as good as these dubs
>>
>>88353714
All of of Herriman's soundtracks were, Taxi Driver's is just the sexiest
>>
>>88353907

His mommy to suck him off while daddy played with his balls.
>>
>>88356108
>>88356271
based
>>
>>88353714

I can play the Taxi Driver Saxophone for 10 hours consecutive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520ryOTnyec

If I were an uber driver I'll always play that song but you need that yellow cab vibe in the streets of Manhattan to reach De Niro level.
>>
>>88356544
Checked
>>
>>88356271
Yes, it's a brilliant movie, but I think its had a negative impact on a generation of young, nihilistic males who identify with the character of travis... a complete misinterpretation of the message of the movie for sure, but its happened that way nonetheless
>>
>>88353714
The soundtrack was so jazzy. Bernard Hermans was famous for his string heavy osts. He surprised everyone and Scorsese with the brass heavy soundtrack. But it goes absolutely perfectly with the movie. Herman was a genius.
>>
>>88356700
Checked
>>
>>88356800
Scorsese was never one to make moral judgements for his audiences. Better to think of your audience as smart rational human beings than be so cynical as to nudge them into preferred judgements. Just look at Wolf of Wall Street
>>
>>88353714
yeah it's brilliant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJY3SfwL68

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.