[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 91MgtL6ec-L._SY450_.jpg (25 KB, 310x450)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Why is he forgotten?
>>
damn, Sky Ferreira looks like THAT?
>>
>>88339128
Fat. Ugly. Dead.
>>
He’s not? Probably the most iconic artist of the 50s
>>
I’d like a to see a really high production and honest biopic of his life, Elton John and Freddie Mercury have had theirs so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens eventually.

That would get people listening to his music again.
>>
he was sidelined by the beatles & never really recovered.
>>
From Elvis in Memphis is a legit 10/10 album
>>
>>88339142
I remember growing up in the the 90s-early 00s he was considered the most iconic old/dead artist by far. It was widely accepted that he was the top guy, the King. But now it seems like he barely even gets mentioning compared to artists like The Beatles, MJ, or even Freddie Mercury.
>>
I love the king
>>
>>88339128
Because he was actually a good musician
>>
The King? More like the Burger King.
>>
>>88339203
There already is one. I watched it once on cable T.V. I don't remember the name tho
>>
>>88339128
He's not, I've been getting into him recently. I really love his '50s output/sound/style (even if its just covers)

He also reminds me of the Smiths
>>
>>88339203
He deserves a proper biopic before any of those pieces of shit do
>>
>>88339485
Fuck Freddie "flaming fucking faggot" Mercury

That movie was contemporary cringe normie fodder
>>
>>88339128
His fanbase is dying off. The fans who freaked for him are in their 70s and 80s now. He will never be forgotten, but the near-worship is almost over.
>>
>>88339802
kek
>>
>>88339128
He's not. Kendrick Lamar already is though.
>>
>>88339203
>>88339824
Biopics are all boring jerk off sessions.
>>
>>88339203
They might have had theirs but 'honest' is the word I would use. The good biopic is the Dewey cox story
>>
>>88339128
His music has no relevance to zoomers. It may as well be Beethoven.
>>
Literally stole his music from blacks
>>
>>88340521
*isn't, you mean?
>>
>>88340680
"No."
>>
>>88340680
Music can't be stolen. You either can hack it or you can't. Only jealous faggots, regardless of their nation, claim that music is stolen.
>>
>>88339128
Because he was mostly just a singer, and he didn't pretend to have written the songs he performed. That wouldn't be a problem for iconic value - they're doing a movie about Judy Garland right now - but he's associated with "real music", rock 'n' roll, all that shit. And people think of that as a music of composer-performers. You couldn't show Elvis agonizing in the studio over getting his masterpiece just right, he didn't record like that, so the artistic passion/dissipation narrative can't be applied. You're just left with something like Behind the Candelabra, but with cheeseburgers instead of sodomy.
>>
>>88339128
he wasnt that good to begin with i mean he was 'cool' and did some good singing and dancing but he didn't write any amazing songs or leave behind any classic albums although some of his recordings are pretty awesome
>>
>>88339128
Elvis can’t be discussed on this board consideringhalf of mucore and the stuff people like here has incredibly poor singing. Cuz it’s RAW bro
>>
>>88340746
Just after I posted this, this guy proves my point:
>>88340758
>he didn't write any amazing songs or leave behind any classic albums

Basically, only rockists care about Elvis, but the elements of Elvis's life don't provide scope for rockist heroism.
>>
>>88340758
>being an albumfag
bite the pillow and listen to a fucking compilation you tard.
>>
>>88340792
>only rockists care about Elvis
Are you retarded? Only worshipers of pop culture care about Elvis. Elvis has no full lengths so there's nothing for rockists to get into.
>>
>>88340820
>has no full lengths
He has countless albums you mong
>>
>>88340820
50s pop culture kitsch fans =|= poptimists.
>>
>>88340840
The differences are superficial at most.
>>
>>88340847
No, they're different, unconnected groups. Poptimists = always NOW. Kitsch - THEN.
>>
>>88340887
Except for the fact that they think and act in exactly the same way. You don't know what anything is.
>>
>>88340506
Not always. Walk The Line was fucking excellent and didn’t exactly glaze over Johnny Cash’s lowest moments.

There’s a lot of material with Elvis. When he was in hospital he threatened to sack one of his helpers if he didn’t have highly calorific foods smuggled in.
>>
>>88341104
I'd just find the clip of the part when he blew a hole in a television set because there was nothing good on.
>>
>>88340521
I didn’t phrase it well, I haven’t seen Rocket Man but Bohemian Rhapsody wasn’t particularly good or honest, just high production. I think an incredible film could be made out of Elvis’s life if it was honest though and didn’t paint him as a saint.
>>
https://youtu.be/8MiJTxlEdtQ

Elvis may be forgotten but Eilert Pilarm’s legacy lives on.
>>
>>88339141
>ugly

Post selfie anon.
>>
>>88341180
based and eilert-pilled
>>
This thread is now forgotten.
>>
>>88340965
They don't at all.
>>
>>88340506
Are you seriously trying to say a good film about his life wouldn't be interesting?
>>
>>88340497
Who?
>>
>>88340746
>You're just left with something like Behind the Candelabra, but with cheeseburgers instead of sodomy.
Have you considered writing professionally?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.