[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: donglover.png (97 KB, 848x430)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
Remember back in college, when you had that guilt-riddled white professor who was dying to be on the right side of history, so you would slide him an essay about any black shit and get an easy A? Childish Gambino pulled off that same finesse when “This Is America” not only won the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Grammy, but became the first (!) rap track to win Song of the Year and Record of the Year.

Just like Green Book at the Golden Globes in January, the Grammys crowning Gambino was nothing more than the industry patting themselves on the back for their newfound wokeness. And credit to Gambino, because he didn’t even try that hard, with his cheap imitation of Atlanta hip-hop cadences and an instrumental that sounds like a label replaced Metro Boomin with a Juilliard student. (He also didn’t turn up to the ceremony.)
>>
>>85844948
>Remember back in college, when you had that guilt-riddled white professor who was dying to be on the right side of history, so you would slide him an essay about any black shit and get an easy A?
No
>>
lmao why are white people always so jealous of black people. jealous of their dance moves, jealous of their cocks, now jealous of their music achievements

stay mad mayo skin.
>>
>>85844948
I liked Green Book
>>
>>85844962
t. Never went to post-secondary
>>
>>85844991
Nah just European
>>
>>85844981
so which is it, are you an oppressed underclass that police hunt with AK-47s for fun, or are you living the life and everyone's jealous of you
you can't have it both ways
>>
>>85844989
Yeah me too don't know why op hated it ?
>>
>>85844981
Cuz blacks stole what white people created.
>>
Hip-hop is the most successful psyop ever implemented. Hip-hop (((culture))) is the primary vector of spiritual attacks against black people, and they are addicted to the psychological abuse.
>>
>>85845103
Elaborate
>>
remember when this guy ripped off that other guy but everyone forgot about it the same day once (((his people))) got to him
>>
the CIA gave crack to bobby n whitney
>>
>>85845153
It's fucking negative music and just bad vibes. It's not "inclusive" or tolerant in any sense, because it takes active steps to shut out its most talented adherents, and can and has murdered these people when other options failed. Hip-hop culture can only thrive in a market where options are intentionally limited and people are convinced that more nuanced modes of expression can't conceivably exist.
It's talentless assholes talking about how good it feels to be a talentless asshole, and has everyone wondering why imitating these bad role models yields unfavorable outcomes.
It celebrates self-hatred, hatred for others, materialism, and aggression and mocks love, camaraderie, and loyalty, and sets these thematic elements to hypnotic, dopamine-inducing melodies and tones.
It's so fucking bad on almost every level you scrutinize it at.
>>
File: Free you 2.gif (3.33 MB, 270x205)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
>>85844981
>>
>>85845302
So it's just blacks being black
Where's the psyop part?
>>
>>85844981
>lmao why are white people always so jealous of black people.
Because they sense their inevitable usurption.

The last hold out whitey had was muh IQ (usually referenced from the discredited and debunked Bell Curve and IQ and the Wealth of Nations) that they tried to connect to an inherent genetic deficiency in blacks that would forever be unchanging (nevermind the fact that phenotypical genes are remarkably plastic). However, the latest brain development research has revealed that the pre-natal developmental environment is just as important as the post-natal one, with nutrition or lack there of, being a primary factor in this regard.

Since the Civil Rights era, blacks have slowly and steadily moved from abject poverty toward the middle class, which presumably would create a healthier pre-natal and post-natal environment for their children. Per the Flynn effect, every ethnicity has seen gains in IQ, but blacks the most, gaining 6 points on their white counterparts over the past 30 years. Blacks are currently about 9 points behind, so assuming constant rate of change, blacks will equalize whites in about 50 years.

Once whites no longer have that fact to lord over blacks, where will their point of pride come from? Blacks are better athletes, naturally more charismatic, more creative, men have higher testosterone and larger penises.

Not sure.
>>
>>85845322
BASED
>>
>>85845015
Isn't it both? People just see the good and ignore the bad. Black people help influence pop culture all the time but the reality of black people is largely ignored. This is America.
>>
>>85844948
>Remember back in college, when you had that guilt-riddled white professor who was dying to be on the right side of history, so you would slide him an essay about any black shit and get an easy A?

I don't, another European here

Green Book was nice

This Is America is okay, I don't care much about it, but it is probably most talked about song this year, for better or worse

>He also didn’t turn up to the ceremony
Good for him, I hope people won't show up for Oscars too, award shows are retarded
>>
>>85845392
this. white people are vultures and nothing else
>>
>>85845365

>naturally more charismatic
still not charismatic enough to break out of the "least responded to profiles besides Indian men" on any dating site that publishes its demographic statistics.

>larger penises.
myth. I'd hunt down the study I read once that proves this wrong but this is just "MUH DICK" and I'm not gonna humor it.

>more creative
yes, this must be why Africans were eating each other and living in mud huts when Europeans were writing novels, sailing to other continents and creating civilization.

>more testosterone
including the women. what the men have in testosterone, they lack in moral integrity, nobility and intelligence.
You realize life isn't an RPG where more of something is always good, right? The most objectively attractive men are men whose masculinity is balanced with a sharp, almost "pretty" aesthetic. The local gravedigger with a monobrow isn't getting mad pussy, and neither are you, nigger.
>>
>>85845322
That it's shoved down our throats in every public space. Hip-hop is far less popular than it is spammed relentlessly.
>>
>>85845449
>(((fellow white person)))
>>
>>85845302
I largely agree but that generalization goes too far. There are subgenres of more conscientious hip hop that isn't like you describe since it isn't radio played popular trash.
>>
>>85845458
>Hip-hop is far less popular than it is spammed relentlessly.
Maybe I'll give a pass to you if you live in Nebraska or South Dakota. Otherwise, what the fuck are you talking about??
>>
>>85845485
Conscious hip-hop is moronic in its own way. it scapegoats whites and western society instead of promoting self-improvement, it promotes moronic third eye wakanda-tier mystic woowoo, it pings back and forth between promoting and condemning violence depending on the track, the target of the violence, etc, it's full of "black male" wokeness which is still full of misogyny and homophobia (usually sexual insecurity).
>>
>>85845480
That's exactly why everyone hates americans, not just right-wing, but nation in general - you simply cannot fathom any other coordinate system of values and opinions other than your distorted one, and always quick to brand anyone as your opponent or enemy for simply stating that another point of view exists
>>
>>85845546
Imagine seeing politics in every song you listen to. Life must be tough for you buddy.
>>
>>85845451
Charisma can't be conveyed the same way over a fuckin' online profile as it can in real life. Non-argument.

Germans were once described as subhuman barbarians who liked to eat their own shit until the Romans basically civilized them. Referencing where Africans were a millennia ago has no relevance to their current standing in civilization.

Whites, moral integrity? Lol. For all the angst rednecks have toward black people, it's actually white elites that have ruining their lives, from sending them to bullshit wars, outsourcing their local economies to China, and flooding their communities with opiods. Then they're stupid enough to vote in another elite white whose dumbass trade wars are sending farms into bankruptcy and killing any business that relies on steel and aluminum. Obama actually did more for rural whites than any white president through the ACA. Lord Trump also wants to take that away.
>>
File: 220px-AsianJakePaul.jpg (23 KB, 220x220)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>85844948
Ian Carter was robbed
>>
>>85845546
Once again depends on the artist. It's like the whole MLK Jr or Malcolm X route.
>>
>>85845622
>Referencing where Africans were a millennia ago has no relevance to their current standing in civilization.
Which is...?
>>
>>85845485
"""The culture""" mocks people who rap and don't necessarily make money off of it, so it always dilutes, kills and absorbs whatever romantic underground movement about it pops up.
It's a shit culture that craves novelty but resents true innovation. The sooner that truth is accepted, the easier it's going to be for everybody.
>>
>donald glover
>donald trump
think about it
>>
>>85845634
The most culturally influential group on the planet. Hurts, don't it? I mean, you can always not watch black athletes or listen to the latest hip-hop record, but you will, because you find it superior to watching a slow white basketball player and listening to Greta Van Fleet or Kacey Musgraves.
>>
>>85845654
Well tbf you can't not make fun of unsuccessful soundcloud rappers
And not really sure about the innovation resentment part, Hip-hop as a genre has changed alot during the last few decades.
>>
Daily reminder that white people dominate and always have dominated strongman competitions and bodybuilding. Blacks are better at running, which served them well in the past when they had to run from lions or ebola zombies or whatever on the plains of Africa, and serves them well now when they have to run from cops. But when it comes to sheer strength, white northern european stock reigns supreme. tell us more about your testosterone tho shitskins.
>>
>>85844948
lol imagine feeling so insecure as a white man that you go on an anonymous imageboard and complain about it.

grammys have always been like this, in fact, pop culture in general has always been like this. you shouldn't feel any white guilt if you have nothing to be guilty about. you just dislike black people, lmao. pathetic.
>>
>>85845693
I'm not the guy you were conversating with earlier. No, it doesn't hurt, no, I don't watch American sports. I do like hiphop a lot though. Fair enough, you're culturally influential and all that, but you're still like the worst off race globally. You're only culturally influential because better-off people like to live vicariously through your struggles.
>>
>>85845693
>The most culturally influential group on the planet. Hurts, don't it?
the self-congratulatory circle-jerk of degenerate retardation that passes for black culture is a joke, and not even a very good one.
Seriously, you know you have a complex when you try to personally take credit for a hairstyle that poor hygiene created tens of thousands of years ago.
>>
>>85845734
>dominated strongman competitions
Those are memes. Who cleans up at Olympic weightlifting competitions? The Chinese, Middle Easterns and Slavs.
>>
>>85845711
Hip-hop changed as a genre, but in that it centralized and homogenized, and as it stands now, incredibly hostile to and threatened by outside ideas.
>you can't not make fun of unsuccessful soundcloud rappers
That's my point, exactly. Fans of hip-hop won't take a chance expressing praise for something they didn't hear from an authority figure first.
I simply don't see how what those guys do is any different from Migos' glorified karaoke show.
>>
>>85845755
>You're only culturally influential because better-off people like to live vicariously through your struggles.
Not every hip-hop album nor hip-hop influenced music genre is about "struggle." Along with hip-hop, Rock, Funk and Jazz have also have had a profound influence on popular music.
>>
>>85844948
Is this actually a thing in burgerland? Man I feel bad for you guys.
>>
>>85845777
It's not a meme there are minor differences in the anatomy of races. Blacks and white have different calf muscles. Blacks are good for long term activity and whites for strength.
>>
>>85845851
The super-mainstream part of it homogenized somewhat, but not really, that I think about it. Didn't Tekashi69 have a few hit songs in which he was screaming the whole time over some trashy circa 2008 gangster rap beat? Didn't XXXTentacion have a shitton of songs where he rapped/sang over an acoustic guitar or something like that?
Anyways, you don't have to dig deep to find interesting hiphop artists. JPEGMafia is pretty popular, isn't he?
And the soundcloud rappers are funny because they rap about being wealthy and all that shit while being broke ass 16 year olds. Migos are actually rich as fuck
>>85845856
I thought we're talking about what's going on currently. Nobody gives a fuck about rock, funk or jazz these days. One post you're talking about how Greta Van Fleet is irrelevant and next you bring up funk music.???
>>
>>85844948
No. I studied mathematics.
>>
>>85845947
That hip-hop tries to claim XXXtentacion at this time is proof of how shit human beings truly make up that fucking LARP. The ""culture"" did everything it could to smear his name while he was still here, but has no problem cashing in on a man who can't fire back anymore.
>>
>>85845947
Everything in hip-hop basically comes from Funk. The Amen break alone launched the entire drum-and-bass genre, which birthed Trip-Hop, which birthed Grime and Dubstep, leading to all this "deconstructed club music" production that is central to modern pop. Rock and Jazz's influence forever remain. Jazz is still highly relevant in academic music circles, which outputs a higher quality of music than some Soundcloud moron.
>>
>>85846030
Why are you telling me this? Does this somehow change the fact that blacks are the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to both the US society and the global view?
Yeah, I like your music, cool. You're still fucked as a race.
>>
>>85846082
>US society and the global view?
This racist and reductionist "view" is your problem, not mine. I'm not such a simpleton to reduce highly complicated sociological and geopolitical situations down to the tenuous concept of "race," especially as defined by plastic phenotypical genetic traits.
>>
"Childish Gambino"?? Is that what this little beta male nerd calls himself?

Haha no he is glover, awkward loser with weirdo religious parents. Maybe someone should take him back to his low pecking order, he is getting abit uppity.
>>
>>85846207
No, you're a simpleton to use politically-driven pop culture narratives to ignore things that make you upset.
>>
>>85846082
Fuck white peepo. Black culture is objectively superior to anything whites have ever created. The world would be much better without you.

/mu/ is a lefty board, Fascists need to go back to their containment board.
>>
>>85844989
it's a good movie
>>
>>85845302
"i dont like people talking about their life experiences and celebrating themselves, also the instrumentals are pleasant so it's fucking bad" lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>85846403
Nice reading comprehension, bro. I bet your IQ is well over 90.
>>
>>85846303
>use politically-driven pop culture narratives to ignore things that make you upset.
That's exactly what you're doing. You basically sound like an alt-right talking who takes the work of Richard Lynn, Jared Taylor, and other "race realists" seriously. That work is pop science for rednecks.
>>
>>85845746
>unironically thinking male fragility is a thing
you don't belong here
>>
>>85846486
>an alt-right talking
*an alt-right talking point
>>
>>85846486
Yes, I'm upset that white people are being prepped for genocide so a bunch of Jewish pedophiles don't have to go to jail. I'm extremely upset by that because you dumb faggots can't wrap your mind around the idea that someone who is not you is facing a serious problem.
>>
>>85845365

>Per the Flynn effect, every ethnicity has seen gains in IQ, but blacks the most, gaining 6 points on their white counterparts over the past 30 years. Blacks are currently about 9 points behind, so assuming constant rate of change, blacks will equalize whites in about 50 years.

You can't assume constant rate of change, the Flynn effect tapers off when caloric intake levels are equalized, which they have largely been

>higher testosterone

this was explored in a study attempting to find causative factors for prostate cancer in men of varying ethnicities. I believe it was found that African-Americans have similar testosterone levels as Caucasians and both were lower than Hispanics
>>
>>85845392
This is a well written comment

>>85845450
This is the exact opposite of what the first comment is trying to present
>>
>>85846561
They're both shitty posts that introduce nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>85845777
Wow it's almost like different races are better at different things
>>
>>85846496
YOU don't belong here. /mu/ has always been left leaning.
>>
>>85845365
I know this is bait, but the median wealth of black families is actually lower than it was pre-civil rights, and is projected to be ZERO by 2050. Just thought people would find that interesting.
>>
>>85846588
Only stupid faggots believe in left and right wing.
>>
>>85844948
The only one I had taught Western Civ and was a bald disabled guy on a scooter who made most of the multiple choice answers "all of the above" and gave B's to the class for even turning in a paper. So no, he didn't give a shit.
>>
>>85845622
>Whites, moral integrity? Lol. For all the angst rednecks have toward black people, it's actually white elites that have ruining their lives, from sending them to bullshit wars, outsourcing their local economies to China, and flooding their communities with opiods.
You can find countless corrupt and amoral politicians in any country, no matter the race of the people. Obviously you can't collectively say that any race is moral or amoral. Whites however are the most civilized by a wide margin globally and throughout history.
>>
>>85845365

>better athletes

studies have shown that members of poorer communities are more likely to seek success through professional sport, especially in countries with high levels of group inequality

For specific example, consider Turks in Germany (overrepresented on the German football team) or Kosovars in Switzerland (overrepresented on the Swiss football team).

>penis size

academic studies find no significant relationship between race and penis length

there are, on the other hand, substantial variances in human height by geography and ethnic group. the reasons why are still not fully understood. the tallest people in the world are typically people from the Dinaric Alps and the low countries
>>
>>85846527
>prepped for genocide so a bunch of Jewish pedophiles
Conspiracy theory much?
Show me the Jewish armies that are marching into white communities and countries and committing wholesale extermination of whites?

"No, no. They're doing it by promoting race mixing, open borders and black culture."

Lol. You actually believe this, don't you?
>>
>>85846588
>you have to believe in concepts like male fragility to be left wing
Casting yourself a pretty small net of support there
>>
File: 1549857698715m.jpg (108 KB, 853x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>85846676
>>
>>85846676
How about you try to have a conversation with me without talking like a stupid roastie, and I'll have reason to believe my insights wouldn't be wasted on an ignorant fucking retard.
>>
>>85846588
Faggots care about politics. I just want to watch things burn.
>>
why are you all so anti-semitic and racist

do you not have friends of other ethnicities

i unironically believe all races are equal in every way and any differences are small and will be erased with time

how can you care about race when genetic engineering will let everyone pick their baby's appearance anyway in like 30 years
>>
>>85846786
>anti-semitic
I don't think it's possible for me to hate Jews as much as they hate me, in all honesty.
>>
>>85846786
>how can you care about race when genetic engineering will let everyone pick their baby's appearance anyway in like 30 years
That will make people care more about race, dummy.

Also what's up with all the posts on this board that would be satire on any other board but are 100% genuine on /mu/? Is it due to music being the lowest IQ hobby?
>>
>>85846541

that isn't to say there won't be convergence eventually, it'll just probably be based on environmental factors
>>
>>85846827
Nobody's going anywhere if we can't collectively shed the albatross that is hip-hop. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
>>
>>85844981
>>85845365
holy shit this
>>
>>85846841

That's a meme opinion and you're stupid
>>
>>85846890
I'm extremely intelligent. You have to get used to it.
>>
>>85845365
>inevitable usurption by a group that makes up 13% of the population and can't grow any larger due to their extremely high murder and abortion rates
Kek. The best blacks can hope for other than becoming atheletes or rappers is to be promoted to a high ranking position in a white-owned company through affirmative action policies, and even then only a tiny percentage of blacks would make it to that level.
>>
>>85844948
>>85844962
>>Remember back in college, when you had that guilt-riddled white professor who was dying to be on the right side of history, so you would slide him an essay about any black shit and get an easy A?
Yes I do.
>>
>>85846737
Okay, let's say I believe your retarded theory.

>Race mixing

Humans like to fuck. No Jews needed to get English, Spanish, Dutch, French, etc, etc colonists to "race mix" with the natives. No Jews needed to get slave owners to race mix with their slaves. Even if the ebil Jooooos are promoting race mixing, you don't have to do it.

>Open borders.

Obama actually deported more illegals than any president in US history. If anyone is promoting open borders, it's the business community because they desire the cheap labor, not because they want to willingly change demographics. Follow the money. Always follow the money.

>Promotion of black culture.

You don't have to consume it.

Someone else posted about the Sackers flooding rural white communities with opiods. Again, no genocidal intent, it's about profit.

Also, for as much as whites like to boast about their impeccable self-control, stalwart integrity, and superior intelligence, you seem to get easily manipulated by the Jooooooossssss. Pick a lane. Either you're collectively mentally weak as a people to get manipulated by such inane tactics, or there really aren't any white genocide scenarios and it's simply a paranoid exaggeration on your part.
>>
>>85845546
>it scapegoats whites and western society instead of promoting self-improvement, it promotes moronic third eye wakanda-tier mystic woowoo, it pings back and forth between promoting and condemning violence depending on the track, the target of the violence, etc, it's full of "black male" wokeness which is still full of misogyny and homophobia (usually sexual insecurity).

Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>85846924

You sound like you're uncomfortable with your own culture and are resorting to desperate attempts to prove your worth in the eyes of the majority

Why can't you embrace hip hop as a legitimate expression of black culture
>>
>>85847079
Because I'd have to have a low opinion of black people to think that hip-hop is legitimate, expressive or black.
>>
>>85847023
>Obama actually deported more illegals than any president in US history. If anyone is promoting open borders, it's the business community because they desire the cheap labor, not because they want to willingly change demographics. Follow the money. Always follow the money.
You're right, but
>(((business community)))
you're just naming them yourself now
>>
>>85847123

okay whatever dude
>>
>>85847172
You're a good goy and designer streetwear totally doesn't make you look like a fucktoy.
>>
>>85847139
>you're just naming them yourself now
Lord Trump's businesses were filled with illegal workers until his son fired like ten of them a couple of weeks ago to keep up appearances.
>>
>>85847189

I wear normcore, actually
>>
>>85847202
Nobody's talking about Trump, but you, faggot.
>>
>>85847202
I'm not saying many white businesses aren't guilty of using illegal labor, however it's mostly Jewish businessmen who are actively lobbying for less border control while sending billions of dollars to Israel. The Koch brothers ruled the GOP until Trump which is how you ended up with "conservatives" who did nothing about the border.
>>
>>85847023
>You don't have to consume it.
It's compulsory to consume it in any and every public space.
>>
>>85847303
>white businesses aren't guilty of using illegal labor
Why shouldn't they? The illegals are still doing the shit jobs Americans don't want, and they might be more needed than ever over the next decade since the average American zoomer weaned on nothing but smartphones and Fortnite isn't going to want to do roofing for 8 hours a day in the sun, trim trees, or pick fruit. I await the >Jew detected or whatever, but this is a non-troll response. I don't see the zoomer generation who never picked up a hand-tool in their lives being roofers, mechanics, plumbers, etc. Where's that labor going to come from? It can't all be automated (and the effects of automation are being grossly overstated).
>>
>>85846786
there are no races
stupid americans
>>
>>85847452
>Why shouldn't they?
Because it's illegal and devaluates the entire job market across the board. That you defend this at all makes you a slimy fucking kike, in practical terms.
>>
>>85846386
>Fuck black peepo. White culture is objectively superior to anything blacks have ever created. The world would be much better without you.
Wow it's almost like you're being racist towards white people.
>>
>>85845451
wew this aint tumblr chill your triggered brain
>>
The song was just the regular trash

The only reason it popped off was due to its "controversial" music video, pandering to people who've either never left america or never visited it other than watching the news
>>
>>85847023
>Someone else posted about the Sackers flooding rural white communities with opiods. Again, no genocidal intent, it's about profit.

Genocide isn't defined by the stated or inferred intent of the perpetrators and happens regardless of it.

Whether or not the drug companies claim they weren't trying to kill tons of people doesn't mean that's exactly what they helped to do. Whether or not they targeted specific groups is another discussion entirely.

I'm just curious how you would describe the 80's crack cocaine epidemic, especially because of the overwhelming numbers of minority people it killed.
>>
>>85846386

cringe
>>
>>85844962
I don't either.
>>
>>85845392
far from ignored. The witch hunt of "racism" and the "black experience" is the new McCarthyism
>>
>>85844981
Mayo > Shit
>>
>>85844981
>>85845365
Holy shit this is next level delusion
>>
File: 11784.jpg (164 KB, 800x936)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>
>>85847023
>>85846786
>>85846676
Go to bed JIDF
>>
>>85845302
This

Plato was right - bad music makes bad people. Hip hop is the clearest example in history.
>>
>>85844962
fuck i had that in highschool
>>
Damn, white people are more obsessed about me than I am about myself
>>
It's just black people at the forefront of music again. Like they have been for the past 2 centuries. Lets admit it without any racist bias, black people are expressive, therefore good atvmaking music

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.