[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Did you guys know about this new posthumous John Coltrane 2018 release? I just put it on for the first time just now, think I'm gonna enjoy it a lot. Hoping I get clean this weekend but we'll see what happens, tonight and probably tomorrow I'm still going to dopesville. As a prompt for this thread, how did you get into jazz? what was the first jazz album you listened to and what was your first impression of it and the genre as a whole?
>>
yep so far the album is pretty dang cool
>>
Yeah it's alright.
>>
>>84500372
intereesting. Someone on slsk or somewhere told me it's their AOTY, that's actually how I heard about it.
>>
Can /Jazz/ kill /Classical/?
I fucking hate classical.
>>
>>84500655
I never really go into classical threads, I recon I ought to cause I wish I had more classical knowledge and I bet it's real good for nodding too, but I like jazz and electronic so much that I never bother
>>
My dad's getting me a sandwich from D-angelos. Just finished listening to the new COltrane album it was pretty cool. I think I'm in for a great fucking night
>>
I have heard it. Really enjoyed it too. My dad was the one who got me into jazz. He was a huge audiophile with an insane stereo setup and he would listen to a bunch of jazz on it. The first album I can remember hearing would be Kind of Blue. I immediately loved the album and had an interest in jazz, but didn't really start to branch out until years later. Best of luck going clean, anon!
>>
>>84501524
thanks and cool. I'm trying to think what my first jazz album was but I honestly don't remember. I do remember kind of blue was one of the first cause my brother had a copy someone got him as a gift since he played trumpet and I ended up with it somehow. It's so sad but after he was first chair in the high school band he never touched his trumpet after he graduated.
>>
shit, cat
>>
AOTY
>>
>>84501658
I had to empty my cat's litter box today when I took out the trash.
>>
I just got that sandwich. It'a a steak and cheese. Provolone, banana peppers, gonna be good. I actually put half of it in the fridge to save for later cause I had a corn dog earlier. also had a piece of pizza and a quesadilla at work. I have weight problems and binge eating issues. I'm listening to The Shape of Jazz to Come right now.
>>
I have been taking composition lessons for about a month and a half now, but I haven't been making the progress I should cause of my drug use.
>>
>>84503158
drugs will kill you if you dont have an aim, goals, perserverence and strength of will and good moral character

so fucking get busy.
>>
>>84499584
I’m new to jazz, just got into it a week ago. Should I be doping or doing heroin or some shit?
>>
>>84503323
>he thinks he needs drugs to enjoy jazz
>>
>>84503350
I already enjoy it. I’m just wondering if I will enjoy it more.
>>
>>84503350
>>84503395
Also, will it help me focus more on piano?
>>
>>84503395
Yeah sure, start taking heroin to enjoy music more, should be no problem at all.
>>
>>84503438
Alright. Thanks. I already got the supply. I’m gonna listen to a New Perspective again to see how it feels.
>>
>>84503538
I reckon there was a lot of sarcasm implied there.
>>
>>84503288
very real, thanks.

>>84503323
>>84503421
I don't think it will help you focus. I'm usuallu too tired from it to do anything but listen to music nd dhitps not producribe on it
Ive tried to taye this posy l
>>
>>84503395
will being high or doing drugs make you get or enjoy music more?

maybe. it might clear out or reset how you perceive phenomena, open you to experiencing things more straight-forwardly, or give you access to new states of mind (for example - concentration is a state of mind, being in a hurry is a state of mind, etc.).

Also, knowing the up and downs of manipulating your body (getting high) will teach you a lot about human experience - positive and fucking negative. express train.

but, no - life's fucking beautiful - if youre not already high, drugs aint gonna help.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.