[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674567904797744.jpg (7 KB, 400x400)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Hello
Do you talk about music here?
>>
we generally post asian women but you can try to talk about music if u want to
>>
File: 1674570582805287.webm (367 KB, 320x566)
367 KB
367 KB WEBM
whos your favorite beatle? mines paul mcatney haha... jsut kidding
>>
File: 1658876210822963.jpg (71 KB, 600x838)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Listen to Twice
>>
sweet trip is kinda nice
>>
We just have pissing contests about taste over here
>>
sometimes
>>
>>114706968
Ok. Uuuuuhhh. I wanna learn piano but can't really afford an instructor and there's a LOT of sites and apps and books out there, I don't know where to start. I guess my goal is to hit the grade 5+ range. Long-term, maybe even complete 8. With guitar there's only really 1 or 2 books that everyone pushes and justinguitar, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus like that for piano so it's kinda overwhelming.
>>
>>114706949
It usually a chart circlejerk but sometime we do talk about actual music and the enjoyment out of it. Do ask anything.
>>
>>114708547
just pick a few songs you like and try to learn them
>>
sippin a dew before bed when i know i shouldn't too
listening to drone metal in between random shit or random shit in between random shit
>>
While we're here
I've had an electric guitar and bass, as well as an acoustic guitar for well over a decade.
I mostly just fucked around and learned easy parts of some songs with tablature, but I'd like to learn some music theory. I know it's better to learn on a keyboard, but my cousin sold our keyboard after we let him borrow it
Are there any good music theory courses that are centered around guitar playing?
Keep in mind it would need to be a total beginner course because I know nothing
>>
>>114707060
for me its rango starr hehe
>>
>>114708832
I learned Chopin Nocturne Op 9 No 2 up until like measure 30 or so when it goes way up past what my 61 key keyboard can handle. But I did it through synthesia since I can't read sheet music. My dynamics are also lacking, along with practically every other technical skill involved. I wanna be better.
>>
>>114706949
mussssssssssssic?
>>
>>114708887
I'm in a similar boat. Fucked around for over 10 years, wanna try my hand at getting serious. Seems like most guitar courses kinda suck - better than the self-teaching route but they generally look like they fall below the more professional treatment other instruments get. Music theory courses look like they tend to be fairly instrument-agnostic, too, so I think what I'm gonna do is get through book 1 of Leavit's Modern Method for Guitar and then find some playlist on youtube of recorded music theory lectures. The Modern Method books teach you to read music with original material so you can't cheat your way out of learning if you come across a familiar tune, and book 1 was written as a sort of remedial course to get new Berklee students where he expected incoming freshmen to be. Guitar's more versatile than most instruments, so once I have a handle on reading music, I think it'd be a good substitute for keyboard when learning theory.
>>
>>114707061
I didn't even like them the first time
>>
>>114709699
I don't get it.
>>
>>114708547
>With guitar there's only really 1 or 2 books that everyone pushes and justinguitar, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus like that for piano so it's kinda overwhelming.
I think I always used the Alfred's series with my students
>>
>>114708547
>I don't know where to start
start anywhere. go to the local music shop and buy a beginner's piano book. it's not going to secretly have live snakes in it or something.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.