[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
PANTERA's Appearances At German Rock Festivals Canceled Following Outcry Over Accusations Of Racism

https://blabbermouth.net/news/panteras-appearances-at-german-rock-festivals-canceled-following-outcry-over-accusations-of-racism
>>
/r/Music are gloating over it. They're also shitting on Dimebag. (and Zakk for been friends with dimebag)
>>
hurr durr White Power!!!
n-n-no guys I meant white wine
>>
>noooo we want metal to be SAFE and NICE
>>
>>114688860
Yeah cause the Germans would never ever be racially intolerant on the level of a Nawlons Heroin Addict.
>>
go fash'ed
get bash'ed
>>
>>114688886
we don't want anywhere to be safe for you
>>
I signed that petition
>>
Given how fried Phil' voice is and how they've lost half the fucking band calling them Pantera is comical

Shit tier band anyway
>>
Good. Pantera sucks.
>>
>>114688860
Who the fuck is expecting Phil to not be manly man anger groove metal Anselmo?
His whole shtick is "don't fuck with me" and "rough around the edges and brash"
I like Paramore but he is no Hayley Williams. He is not some heart on your sleeve kind of person, he is a meathead that makes good anger music.
He said some dumb shit, yes it wasn't a good look for him but it would be odd for Phil not to say something incredibly edgy and stupid for the hell of it.
Unless he is a member of the klan and has lynched a few black and brown people, I couldn't give a rat's ass to be fucking honest.
>>
>>114688860
Hair metal era Pantera was better anyways
>>
>>114689002
This is what I try to explain to people about Phil.

Phil Answlmo was born with Forest Gump Tier IQ, then burned half of that on Heroin. Phil isn’t smart enough to hate anybody, but he is dumb enough to succumb to peer pressure and be easily lead by others.
>>
They should be cancelled for being shit, not for being racist
>>
>>114689048
based
>>
>>114688860
germans went full pussy after going a little too overboard during the 30s-40s
>>
>>114689058
>>114689012
based
>>
>>114689048
Yeah, now that you mention it I forgot he was a heroin addict. They were from the south, dimebag had a confederate guitar, they were fucked up all the time drinking whiskey and doing heroin, although he isn't completely braindead in that he can really be sensitive but tough at the same time on some songs just spewing his guts out without being geeky or corny like weezer or any midwest emo act, he for the most part is an abrasive character
I think he most likely was feeling like an edgelord b tard and decided to actually say the things that should have been left in the past, 2004 when you were in middle school talking to your buddies or on xbox, he decided for shits and giggles he would say white power while drunk.
Even if he actually was somewhat nazi leaning, is anyone shocked?
It would be like morrissey saying he hopes a bus full of school children witness a cow be killed in front of them so that they understand the importance of veganism or how meat is murder.
You know?
Not justifying it as much as it is like, what the fuck are people so surprised about?
>>
>>114688966
Theres no cure for bad taste
>>
>>114689157
I’m sure the boys in ZZTop have some very woke and progressive attitudes too.
>>
>>114689157
Germans are pussy faggots
>>
>>114689291
Billy Gibsons was a spoiled suburban brat who was raised by a black nanny because his millionaire parents couldn't be bothered, he's like you: a bitch and a nerd.
>>
>>114688883
You are a mentally ill schizo tranny who sees LE NAHTZEES around every corner because you are a pathetic fatherless cretin who was raised by hollywood films and think your life is an adventure movie and you're the star that needs to save the world.
KYS
>>
>>114689579
relax bro it's just wine
>>
>>114689291
They do. They're always going on about how they wish they were black unironically
>>
HAIL ANSELMO
>>
>>114688860
>Don’t underestimate the kid. You’re fucking crazy if you do, and I am the kid.
>>
>>114688860
>>114688882
>>114689002
Who gives a shit? Why even argue with these people and try to justify a band that you like? You’re just giving them validity by acknowledging and recognising their cancel culture ideology

Just let everyone play music and separate the art from the artist, because all this is doing is hurting German fans who want to see Pantera

If Ian Watkins ever gets out of prison Lostprophets should do a reunion tour and everyone should shut the fuck up about it. The people who don’t want to see it don’t have to go

Society is getting so fagged out, stop enabling them
>>
>>114689742
>Society is getting so fagged out
and your solution to this is "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
bro these kids today are too thin skinned... let's make criticism off-limits
god fucking damn dude, what is going on in your head
>>
this just makes them cooler. Streisand effect.
>>
>>114689766
What are you talking about? This is literally a deranged, fever-dream response from you

I said don’t argue with them and make concessions and try to justify why Pantera’s racism is “not actually that bad”, because doing so is acknowledging the validity of their faggy cancel culture in the first place

Just call them fags and say “fuck you, I will listen to and support any music I want, even if Ted Bundy is the bass player”
>>
>>114689742
I am not defending Phil but I don't think legitimate pedophilia is the same thing as being a drunk idiot saying "WHITE POWER" on camera.
>>
>>114689853
We just need to beat the shit out of these pussies again. If some needle armed vegan hipster goes on about how xyz is problematic just kick his ass
>>
>>114688860
Who cares? See them if you want, skip them if you don't.
>>
>>114689853
>everyone should shut the fuck up about it. The people who don’t want to see it don’t have to go
>If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
find the difference between these two statements
>Just call them fags and say “fuck you, I will listen to and support any music I want, even if Ted Bundy is the bass player”
aight bro go do that and get Pantera un-dropped
go get all those Watain and Marduk concerts uncancelled lol
damn bro it's that easy we can just opt out of people not liking racism!!!
>>
>>114690146
absolutely
>>
>>114690227
Here’s my post again so you can see the stark contrast between what I said and how hard you strawmanned it:

>Why even argue with these people and try to justify a band that you like? You’re just giving them validity by acknowledging and recognising their cancel culture ideology
>>
>>114690227
Tongue my bung you fag bitch
>>
>>114690277
>If Ian Watkins ever gets out of prison Lostprophets should do a reunion tour and everyone should shut the fuck up about it. The people who don’t want to see it don’t have to go
this is all I'm interested in disagreeing with, everything else you've posted is meaningless pathetic power fantasy nonsense
why do you think people shouldn't criticize or pass judgements? is this exclusive to artists or would you like to see no one ever say a bad thing about anything at all? reveal to me the depths of your idiocy
>>
>>114690333
>this is all I'm interested in disagreeing with, everything else you've posted is meaningless pathetic power fantasy nonsense

What a totally unhinged, fucking faggot response. HOW is saying “don’t bother trying to argue with morally hysterical cancel culture advocates” in ANY WAY a “pathetic power fantasy”? Sounds like you, a weak faggot who has never been in a single fight in his life, might be projecting something about your own weakness there

I never said people can’t pass judgement on Ian Watkins. But you can do this by NOT ATTENDING HIS CONCERTS OR BUYING HIS MUSIC. By trying to get it cancelled it for the other people who DO want to listen to it, you are now trespassing on their freedom to choose what art they want to consume and forcing your personal moral views on to them

Your faggy emotional feelings and spinelessly conformist opinions do not dictate what bands I’m allowed to listen to or see live. Eat shit.
>>
>>114688940
don't cut yourself on that edge, brosephina. (i'm assuming ur trans)
>>
>>114691273
>never said people can’t pass judgement on Ian Watkins. But you can do this by NOT ATTENDING HIS CONCERTS OR BUYING HIS MUSIC
oooooohhhhh you approve of silent, private, non-verbal critiques, I see
I guess you aren't actually opposed to the concept of criticism, my bad lol
I really, really hope you're like 12 years old you can't be an adult doing the internet tough guy routine unironically in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-three
>>
>>114691379
You’re reaching SO hard to try and make the conversation about this vague concept of “critique”, trying so hard to shoe-horn this stupid point into the exchange and make it work, even though you yourself can’t even explain what you’re actually saying

If you want to be a vegan, you’re free to be a vegan. If you want to criticise my choice to eat meat, that’s fine too. But once you start physically harassing me at my residence or trying to stop me from eating meat in some forceful way, you are now forcing your moral views on to other people and encroaching on my freedom to choose

My argument is that people should tell you to fuck off in that situation, not engage with you and try to come up with defensive, apologetic reasons justifying why they eat meat, as if anyone has to justify their choices to you or needs your moral permission to do anything

>lol
Pretending to laugh is always, always, always a concession that you lost the exchange and feel humiliated, just so you know

Yeah yeah, I already know. Double down pathetically and pretend you actually laughed
>>
>>114691556
man if you don't like my post just shut up
i don't care about your feelings
>>
Don’t know what pantera is but fuck racists
>>
>>114691614
….but I didn’t say you should care about my feelings, I just proved you wrong objectively using arguments.

A very pathetic and feeble forfeit response from you. Almost as deeply, profoundly pathetic as someone pretending to laugh on the internet, quietly and alone.
>>
A long time ago, when you could still see what people favorited/liked on Youtube by clicking on their handle, I saw he liked a bunch of American Renaissance/Jared Taylor videos.
>>
>>114689002
WOW, typical enabling chud. Surprise, surprise!
>>
>>114688860
i wonder if they'll still be at blue ridge rock fest
>>
>>114691856
why do you think people should never critique anything though
>>
>>114688860
pantera does suck, but people who support censorship on this level when it comes to metal should be shot
>>
>>114688966
>>114688967
/thread
>>
>>114688860
inb4 lionhard getting imprisoned in Germany so he cant tell the real "crusades" story....
>>
>>114688860
based, fuck this stupid chud
>>
>>114689048
>IQ
I'm reminded of that bell curve meme. The least intelligent and most intelligent are all racist and that's fine.
>>
>>114693836
>completely abandons initial serious, genuine effort to argue and pivots to playing the “smug and ironic xD” character instead

It’s so satisfying to mentally shatter another grown man like that
>>
>>114688860
It makes sense. Rock music isn't rebellious anymore. It is very thoroughly corporatized and system-approved by governments and elites. If you fall outside of those limits, you will not be allowed into the mainstream. That's just how it is.
>>
>>114694160
>If Ian Watkins ever gets out of prison Lostprophets should do a reunion tour and everyone should shut the fuck up about it. The people who don’t want to see it don’t have to go
this is all I've ever wanted to address
why do you think people should just shut up and not say anything if they think something is wrong? it's a ridiculous position
you keep seething and spouting off about some random bullshit, just address what I'm saying
>>
>>114694125
>there are no objective differences in intelligence between races, for sole the reason that it would hurt my feelings if this politically incorrect fact were true
>>
>>114694125
it's actually just the least intelligent who are racist though
>>
>>114694201
>ackshually its of intelligent people to have your country invaded by medieval sand chimps and do nothing!
>>
>>114694227
I feel like you've proven my point
>>
>>114694177
I already clarified for you that I meant they should shut the fuck up about specifically wanting to cancel it for other people and that it’s perfectly fine if they themselves don’t like it and don’t want to attend the concert, and you KNOW I already clarified this

You make a conscious decision to spend your free time going around in circles on purpose with fake, bad faith arguments, just to waste people’s time. This objectively makes you a worthless faggot who should kill themselves
>>
>>114688860
they’re using the complexion of his skin as a racist tool
>>
>>114694201

The nobel prize winner who discovered DNA got cancelled for being a racist and not recanting his opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGer1HTYU0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQ35H8JGEg
>>
>>114694201
The guy who won the Nobel prize for discovering the double helix structure of DNA says there are objective, genetically based differences in intelligence between races

Are you starting to see how reality and what is true or false isn’t determined by your personal emotions? Are you kind of starting to see that? Sort of? A little bit?
>>
>>114694256
you said what you said just stand by it, holy shit
you're fucking hysterical over this
what if I say X musician is a bad person and then a venue owner is like "true, I won't book them"
I just said they were a bad person, I didn't ask for anyone to be cancelled
what if A LOT of people think a certain artist is bad and they can't make money from touring?
certainly you wouldn't object in either scenario, you only care about people specifically calling for cancellations

why should anyone even shut up about cancelling things? free speech, loser. quit whining
>>
File: 3adb5i27ufi31.jpg (50 KB, 769x960)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>114688922
basederino
>>
>>114694293
>>114694274
if you weren't low-IQ racists you would've recognized that post as a humorous referencd to the fact that racism actually is a predominantly low-IQ belief
Thank me for explaining the joke
>>
>>114694447
I'd say make them bleed, but they are not human and are incapable of doing so
>>
/flynn/ chads we won!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjl5AKpsDoU
>>
The internet is so gay. I miss when everyone was living in their own little bubble instead of worrying about such stupid shit.
>>
Lefty idiots like Tipper Gore and Hillary Clinton were trying to cancel problematic music in the 80s-90s. Nothing new.
>>
Meanwhile based Latin America would welcome them back again with open arms. I hope this insanity stays put in the ultimate cuckold of a country, Germany.
>>
>>114688860
Cancelled over things that were ancient history and which he has apologized for long before. Let this be a lesson about liberals, they were never willing to win hearts and minds over, it was always about claiming a moral high ground and sniffing out the people who don't belong there. To them, a person's past is forever lasting, either you were always with them or against them.
>>
>>114697803
>Let this be a lesson about liberals, they were never willing to win hearts and minds over, it was always about claiming a moral high ground and sniffing out the people who don't belong there. To them, a person's past is forever lasting, either you were always with them or against them.
you say this like conservatives don't do the same thing, just replace racism or sexism or whatever with "degeneracy" and its the same old shit
>>
File: Nürburg trials.jpg (732 KB, 1080x1080)
732 KB
732 KB JPG
>>114690157
That's not how woke leftism works though. They want to ruin things for everybody.

Not that it's really possible to ruin this festival. Must be the worst lineup of all time on a rock festival.
>>
>>114689579
Cope harder. "White wine" was such a lame excuse.
>>
>>114688860

phil was so obviously being ironic when that happened its just ridiculous.

who cares at this point, i wish he rly was a nazi like nick fuentes and ye. but this is all supremely gay.
>>
>>114688922
Get noose
You use
>>
>>114698800
It wasn't an excuse, he was saying "fuck you" to all the trannies and karens like you lmao
>>
Why are leftwingers such pussies tho? Over-socialization?
>>
>>114700256
How is a shitty excuse a "fuck you"? When do you start making any sense?
>>
>>114700261
They need the power which they lack in their own lives. Antifa are a bunch of noodle-armed weakling cucks who routinely get their shit kicked in by a couple of boomers with beer guts.
>>
>>114700264
Because it's such a stupid and obviously fake excuse, you complete imbecile.
>>
>>114688882
Total no life faggots gloating in their bedroom at their mom's house.
>>
>>114700289
>a stupid and obviously fake excuse
Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me, genius. That's the whole fucking point.
>>
>>114688860
Isn’t most of pantera dead
>>
>>114688966
>>114688967
>>114689012
>>114689058
>>114691845
>>114693888
>>114694075
stop trying to be different you pretentious troons
>>
>>114689853
>Pantera’s racism

?
>>
>>114689002
nobody cares about hayley anymore
>>
the world is so weird right now
>>
It's only one festival. I assume the tour and other appearances are still happening?
>>
>>114700721
Yes. They are trying to make money from a brand name that's more popular than any of them as individuals or in a group.
>>
>>114698785
wait meshuggah isn't even headliner material anymore? they got lumped together with some random bands? oof...
>>
>>114701052
I genuinely believe something happened in the mid-2010s and we shifted into an alternate timeline where nothing makes sense anymore.

All of this shit is just so fucking gay. People didn't behave like this 10 years ago, I swear.
>>
>>114701555
checked
we probably shift timelines every 10 years or something
>>
Good. Pantera sucks and this """reunion""" is a joke anyway.
>>
>>114701602
Sold out shows in every city they've played in :0
>>
>>114689579
We are around every corner. Turns out you can't make white people ashamed of their skin color forever.
>>
>>114701854
And that’s a good thing.
>>
>>114688860
>Actual outraged future attendees 0
Nobody in Germany that isn't a metalfag knows pantera - they got cancelled all the way from burgerland
>>
>>114688860
On the one hand, censorship is faggy.

On the other hand, Pantera without Vinny and Dimebag isn't Pantera, it's just a cashgrab.
>>
>>114702398
that's not censorship dumbass
venue operators are allowed to choose which acts they book
>>
>>114702416
>get strong armed by a major political party
>"choose"
>>
>>114688940
Racists or white people in general?
>>
>>114701177
For now, yes. You can expect Lamb of God will be under a tremendous amount of pressure to drop off their tour as support. Randy Blythe periodically caters to the 'blue hairs' after all, as well as having a complicated past that could get him cancelled.
>>
phil should announce that Germany should free itself from Western and jewish occupation since WW2 and to stop acting so gay
>>
>>114700289
you're a cocksucking motherfucker, I'll give you that.
>>
who knew that phil could get even more based in his old age
>>
>>114689579
TRIGGERED

too easy. like shooting retards in a barrel.
>>
>>114694314
If that thing punched me I'd just stand there and laugh about it.
>>
>>114694189
I know for a fact that most people of a certain color are idiots but that doesnt mean I want to hang them. That's what I don't get about racists and why I still tell people I'm not one. They ask about the jews and I'll salute Hitler right in front of them but I'm not into supremacy and I've never met a good person who was.
>>
>>114701555
this is no timeline shift.
this is the beginning of the end phase. don't know how long it lasts, but it's only going to get worse from here.
>>
>>114701555
It's like when you're playing Halo 3 and one of the teams scores the 50th kill and the game ends and it's about to disconnect 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Everybody's just going crazy shooting in the air launching all the grenades crouch spin jumping..
We're somewhere in that 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 right now.
>>
>>114688860
Unironically, this guy probably is racist

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.