[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

how should I go about removing a song part I dislike without it being a sudden cut? I have no musical knowledge whatsoever
>>
nigga what haha
>>
Have talent incel
>>
>>113751592
>I have no musical knowledge whatsoever
well you'll need to learn what a tempo is, what beats are, what the tempo is of the song, and where the beats are in the song
>>
>>113751814
I have the intuition that starting by getting lost in theoretical stuff isn't going to lead me anywhere as there's no way for me to tell whether I'm ready to do what I want or not. I'd rather learn about these things when they become relevant in order to make sure that I get started. So knowing what tools/programs are required would be a good start I guess
>>
>>113752282
>have the intuition that starting by getting lost in theoretical stuff isn't going to lead me anywhere as there's no way for me to tell whether I'm ready to do what I want or not.
Schizo ramblings. Learn some basic theory
>>
>>113752282
Schizo ramblings. Have some basic talent
>>
>>113752282
there's not a lot of thing to get lost at, just study major and minor scales and the harmonic fields

everything comes from that, and if you are not playing any instrument with a big learning curve you may create some passable generic music in weeks
>>
>>113752943
Just give me the fucking steps and I can do research or ask about the stuff I don't know along the way. If you have no idea how to do it either then just shut the fuck up. What need to be learned will be learned in due time
>>
>>113753204
I'm not trying to produce music, read op
>>
>>113753253
Step 1: have
Step 2: talent
>>
>>113753265
>>113753262
>>
>>113753274
Syllable 1: re
Syllable 2: tard
>>
>>113753253
Are you talking about doing this on a DAW?
>>
>>113753297
Whatever gets the job done
>>
>>113753262
how the fuck do you expect to arrange music if you don't know how it works? it's not that hard anon, there's only 12 notes talking to each other, learn how they do it and then you can remove whatever you want from the song and shove it up your dog's ass
>>
>>113753313
Just cut the part out. Listen to it and decide what it needs. I mean we can’t help you if we don’t know the song, what you’re producing it with. Help us help you.
>>
File: multimonitortoolfun.jpg (321 KB, 1014x760)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>113753313
what >>113753338 said

You've given us literally no context. Are you cutting out a section from an audio file in audacity? Are you removing a section of MIDI notes in Ableton? Stop being so dense plz
>>
>>113753204
>you may create some passable generic music in weeks
Thought you misunderstood because of that. Thanks for being more specific than "learn basics" though
>>113753338
>>113753441
I have given the context that I don't know anything about it so I'm not going to impose on you a program that I don't know how to use. It makes more sense that the people who know what they're doing to suggest the appropriate tool for the given task. Here's an example, I'd like to get rid of the part between 2:05 and 2:25 go to anonfiles and add /N9g9oaJayd/02_-_buzzG_feat._-_flac it thinks I'm spamming

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.