[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: guitar.jpg (175 KB, 1500x1000)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
The Guitar is a dead instrument, no one really cares about it anymore, especially zoomers. Is this true?
>>
no
>captcha: NGGR0P
>>
>>112820575
Some would say that my greasy old skin flute is a dead instrument, but your auntie brings it back to life every Friday holy fuck
>>
Every note on a guitar has been played by someone at least once. There's nothing more to be done with it.
>>
>>112820575
>>
>>112821002
>not having custom microtonal fretwork
pleb get filtered
>>
>>112821002
and every time every note was played it sounded different. You don't know anything.
>>
>>112821002
>Every note on a guitar has been played by someone at least once

There are only 12 notes dingus. Way to put yourself as someone who knows nothing about music.
>>
>>112821351
this
the human ear can only hear up to 12 notes
>>
>>112821069
based
>>112821372
>not being microtone pilled
>>
>>112821372
>the human ear can only hear up to 12 notes
okay this is a very funny fucking post very subtle this will go over some anon's heads
>>
>>112821002
It's not about the individual notes, you dumbfuck. It's about the progressions, the tension, and overall composition. You can create 1000 different songs with just 4 notes.
>>
>>112820575
Girls care about it because of Taylor.
>>
>>112820575
Most people who play guitar these days play it like a girl. Boring
>>
It's just a zoomer male problem. I know it's said a lot, but they truly are worthless husks in every facet of life. They offer nothing to anyone. Their own female peers are cooler than they are. Little Japanese girls are cooler.
>>
>>112820575
I'm sorry that

RAP IS DEAD
RAP IS DEAD
>RAP IS DEAD
RAP IS DEAD
>RAP IS DEAD
..but you'll just have to find a way to soldier on, buddy.
>>
off the top of my head I can think of 130 guitar albums that came out this year..if I read them off my bandcamp page lol I'm A wild and crazy shizo
>>
>>112821556
there are more song possibilities than there are stars in the universe fr
>>
>>112821926
can girls even afford a taylor
>>
>>112820575
i do not like it because i cannot play it
>>
>>112820575
Who really cares if it's popular or not?
If you're playing for yourself or in band, isn't it most important that you actually enjoy playing?
>>
>>112825519
yeah with their onlyfans money
>>
Not really. The reason guitar came to prominence in the first place is because it's such a versatile instrument. It's portable enough that it can be used in almost any setting, has a wide enough range that it can fill pretty much any role it needs to, and is relatively easy to learn the basics on.
>>
it's not dead. it's just pining for the fjords
>>
zooms are all dead from the clot shot anyway
>>
>>112820575
It's not that I care what zoomers would do with it anyway. They can make their music however they want
>>
I hate when acoustic players start playing it as drums
>>
>>112820575
If true, I wouldn't have a job teaching people guitar.

There are 8 billion people trying to not be bored.
>>
>>112828822
It makes women coom for some reason.
>>
no
my baby cousin who is in highschool now told me in his school he knows atleast 3 different bands between his classmates that have a normal set up (bass/guitar/singer/drummer)
>>
>>112828869
No idea why the ability to switch fast and nimble into complicated finger positions would be arousing for lonely women...
>>
>>112820575
>The Guitar is a dead instrument, no one really cares about it anymore, especially zoomers. Is this true?
First off, who gives a fuck what zoomers think? However, the guitar was a dead instrument for a long time, but now there's a surge in interest now that people are doing new things with it. The 2000s are when it died, because the weird wah-wah atonal guitar solos of grunge were pretty much the final frontier that people knew about. Now that everyone knows you can do way more with fingerstyle, people are getting really good at some very complicated music like Polyphia, Animals as Leaders, and Ichika Nito. Percussive fingerstyle is popular because it's compatible with people's pop tastes and can allow the player to explore all kinds of techniques while still playing music that people will listen to. I think this will develop into music that focuses less on the crazy cascading harmonics, tapping, and percussion that people are doing now. I think it will move in a direction of more independent basslines, chords, and melody, with most of the focus being on the arrangement. We're basically evolving back into classical music.
>>
>>112830064
So, yet another neo-neo-classical period
>>
>>112821945
What does playing it like a girl entail?
Pete Townshend is a girl (repressed). Does he play guitar like a girl?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.