[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1656005921965.gif (3.82 MB, 500x500)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB GIF
>>112813413

I believe Taylor will drop Speak Now, then Reputation, 1989, and finally her unreleased Pop/Rock album Karma.

Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) will either be last or right before Karma.
>>
what's even the point of re-recording them anyways? I get she wants to 'own' them, but making copies just feels cheap and inauthentic. She could at least change some of the songs up sound-wise.
>>
what are you guys talking about
>>
>>112816483
she's re-recording her albums because of some dispute with the record label. She already did a few and she wants to do her discography and OP was listing what albums she will do next.
>>
Katy Perry is better
>>
File: 1331947725910.jpg (31 KB, 375x338)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>112816358
I couldn't imagine how pathetic I would have to be to care about Taylor Swift.
>>
>>112816358
God I hope karma is real.
>>
>>112816411
You didn't even listen to the them. She completely redid Girl At Home and has added like half an album of previously unreleased material to each release.

>>112816643
Look in the mirror, Anon

>>112816923
I knoooooow. Did you see Midnights Mayhem with Me?
>>
>>112816554
what the hell? so all her albums will now have her current voice and new instrumental recordings? weird and interesting. has that already happened in music with other artists before?
>>
>>112817085
>She completely redid Girl At Home and has added like half an album of previously unreleased material to each release.

Ok, so she re-did some literal who song. Either do it for more or don't bother. Release a b-sides album if you wanna have unreleased music.

>>112817435
yeah that's what it is, and I don't see the point. They all sound the exact same.
>>
>>112817555
>They all sound the exact same.
That’s the point. She wasn’t allowed to buy the original recordings, so she’s re-recording to devalue the originals and own a copy of her own catalogue. It’s completely secondary output that doesn’t interfere with normal album releases, just a bonus. Would be nice to hear some different takes on the old material though
>>
>>112816643
About as pethetic as you have to be to use a tripcode in a discussion board
>>
Reputation TV or 1989 TV after Midnights
>>
>>112817700
>>112816358
>>112816411
>>112817435

I love that she's doing this. Most re-recordings are trash but she seems to be taking alot of pride and thoughtfulness in how to do it to to both be faithful to the originals but add a little freshness. Impossible to get that right for everybody but it seems to me these are thoughtful efforts.
>>
>>112817700
>She wasn’t allowed to buy the original recordings,

I think it was more like they were sold to an actual enemy of hers without her either having an opportunity to buy, or possibly just without her understanding of what was going on. Either way, she clearly felt screwed over and in usual Tae fashion has figured out a way to stand up for herself in a positive way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.