[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Yanqui UXO.jpg (14 KB, 214x200)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>be US military member
>Aviation Ordnanceman
>job is putting bombs on airplanes to fly to foreign countries and kill
>favorite band is Godspeed You! Black Emperor
>thinking of getting a “Repent” bomb tattoo
Anyone else like artists that would probably hate them irl?
>>
>be US military member
>favorite band is Godspeed You! Black Emperor
How does that work
>>
just bootlicker things
>>
>>112811971
you can enjoy music without subscribing to the political ideology associated
>>
>>112811974
More like just boot things
>>
>>112811999
Too many people nowadays don’t get this
>>
>>112813802
okay but it's godspeed you black emperor, not taylor swift
>>
>>112811886
>be me, MDE fan
>r/MDE was my life for about a year
>wrap my political views in a veil of irony but i'm lowkey pretty racist
>Nick Fuentes and Eggman have retweeted my memes
>got two of my coworkers hooked on CatboyKami videos
>one of my fave artists is Dorian Electra
>>
>>112811886
You are scum
>>
>>112814568
Being mad at serving military members is smoothbrain-tier shit
It is the boomer neocon board members of companies like Raytheon, their shareholders, and the hundred thousand or so rootless cosmopolites who make up the international banking class, who are scum.
Your problem is not with some 20 year old kid.
>>
>>112814568
^
>>
>>112814799
>rootless cosmopolites
Man you're relatively on target why do you have to throw the anti-semite shit in? It's not a cabal, it's an economic system.

Also: obviously capitalism (and in this case its particular form as the military industrial complex) is where the real scum thrives, but the kids fighting are still acting unethically, and there's no reason to defend their choices. Pity, yes, and fight for a world where they're much less likely to make those choices, yes. Defend, no.
>>
>>112815086
>why do you have to throw the anti-semite shit in?

Lmao, I made no mention of jews.
You assumed that's what I meant because you knew it was a pejorative used in the USSR.
The banking class ARE rootless cosmopolites. That is what they are. They are borderless and act outside of national interests. It's interchangeable with the term globalist. Get fucked retard.
>>
>>112815539
Yeah, obviously if you say "rootless cosmopolite" I'm gonna think you're talking about Jews, because it's been an antisemitic dog whistle for literally hundreds of years. I recommend finding a better way of saying it because any educated person will have the same reaction I did.
>>
>>112815577
How exactly should they refer to actual rootless cosmopolite in your "educated" opinion fren? :3
>>
>>112815577
excuse me sweaty but jews don't have a monopoly on rootless cosmpolitanism. cool it with the antisemitic stereotyping
>>
>>112815577
>literally hundreds of years
The term first appeared in the mid 1800s and was not used as a dogwhistle until the 1940s. So, no, not "literally" hundreds of years. Why don't you learn what literally means?
>>
>>112815577
Take a deep breath, relax
>>
>>112815577
t. jew
>>
I once saw Efrim walking around a mall drinking mango juice
>>
>>112814286
Is their music even that leftist, content wise? Obviously the members are lefties, no denying that, but their music is mostly instrumentals with some field recordings. You could play most if not all of their discography to a hardcore conservative and they wouldn’t object to any of it
>>
>>112815086
>Also: obviously capitalism (and in this case its particular form as the military industrial complex) is where the real scum thrives, but the kids fighting are still acting unethically, and there's no reason to defend their choices. Pity, yes, and fight for a world where they're much less likely to make those choices, yes. Defend, no.
Here’s something I don’t get about leftists: you will defend the most hardcore criminals on grounds that they were forced into it, that it’s all society man making them do these horrible violent acts, but you don’t ever extend this empathy to military members. Why?
>>
Most artists would hate nearly every single person on /mu/. Not that it matters.
>>
>>112820112
Not lefty guy but gonna try and answer the question anyway
1) Because criminals can be recruited and used as necessary when needed as instruments of blunt political force (for the left)
2) Because military servicemen can be recruited and used as necessary when needed as instruments of blunt political force (for the right)

It's their soldiers vs the other guys' soldiers
>>
>>112820112
Because the right wing supports the military
>>
>>112820112
I definitely view members of the military as victims of the system, as do a lot of leftists. Generally much more so than criminals as I feel a lot of lower income men are tricked into thinking they are going to be doing something noble and good.

I guess the difference would be, generally bank robbers are not defending their actions as heroic. So philosophically I'm not gonna see eye to eye with a lot of vets. But I still feel bad for them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.