[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This might be the most solid Beatles album, in terms of quality tracks. I think it has more good songs and less throwaway joke songs than any other “proper” album. Magical Mystery Tour has it beat, but I know people don’t like to count that one.
>>
HE'S A REAL
>>
It’s the “coolest” Beatles album, while Revolver is the best, putting Rubber Soul in 2nd place. White Album comes in hot at 3rd best.
>>
it's boring as shit though
>>
>>110507667
I know exactly what you mean by “cool”

It’s like they were hot shit and they knew it, but without being the self-indulgent egotistical dicks they turned into later.

It’s like a confident cool.
>>
>>110507723
That's already a given with the Beatles
>>
>>110507649
White Album mogged it in 68. Keep up anon.
>>
>IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>Think of all the lonely people
>doo dee doo dee doo dee doo dee
>>
>>110507739
The Beatles are all about star power. They were basically the blueprint for every rockstar ever. It was all drugs, partying, in-fighting, cheating, international drama, etc.
>>
>>110507649
based. I have the mono version on vinyl, you can listen to it on youtube though. It's more true to the band's original conception of the album.
>>
>>110507649
yea its the best middle ground between their pop shit and their weird shit

kinks still btfo them tho by basically every measure
>>
>>110507649
Ah, yes, but which version are you talking about?
There are four of them, you know.
>>
>>110507649
The first time I've listened to it, I thought it was outdated and generic other than a couple of songs
But it's a grower, now I listen to it all the way through and have a great time
>>
>>110508040
the mono ones the real one
early stereo shit is hard panned left/right and imo, for the birds
tbf that was the limitation of stereo recording at the time (not that they really ever got much better at it)
>>
File: Clint Walker.jpg (141 KB, 781x1000)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>110508013
pic rel is how I picture the person who holds those opinions
>>
File: 1651771536754.jpg (131 KB, 604x713)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Did Paul Mccartney kneel in MPLS for 8.5 minutes? Nah he saw trolls online and wrote a song about it. Can you say based?
>>
>>110508284
lol i mean i like revolver too but theres at least two songs where im like "cool story george now put down the sitar and play a real song"
rubber souls just a solid pop record thats kinda weird

but again
kinks mog all
>>
>>110507649
It's great but I'm more of a Revolver kinda guy for that pre-sergeant pepper's era
>>
>>110508420
>cool story george now put down the sitar and play a real song
Filtered redditor
>>
>>110508516
he literally has better sitar songs on rubber soul
if you wanna listen to sitar music go to india, theyre a lot better at it
>>
>>110507649
>I think it has more good songs and less throwaway joke songs
it literally opens with "drive my car"
>>
Abby Road is the best Beatles album how is this contentious?

It has a rock opera vibe and repeating themes, and not one single part is boring, unoriginal or unfun. The whole thing front to back sounds great as a single unit. There is no other Beatles album like that.
>>
>>110508932
>It has a rock opera vibe and repeating themes
Both bad things
>>
>>110508999
yea they werent very good at it either
george has the only good song on it
>>
>>110508999
>>110509021
I simply do not understand this. It's literally what makes the album interesting and different from other albums. It's an experience, not just a collection of songs.
>>
>>110509021
as usual
>>
>>110507824
Don't forget that they were geniuses at crafting a myth, I've never seen any other band or musician being nearly as good as creating and air of mysticism around themselves. They might not have been the greatest band ever but their stories sure as fuck feel larger than life.
The rooftop concert, the unknown chord in hard days night, the Paul vs John legendary story arc. Wrestling writers can only dream of being half this fucking good.
>>
>>110509552
>unknown chord in hard days night
wat?
i thought the conspiracy was that the solo was sped up (its not)
>>
>>110509679
I keep forgetting George disclosed it decades ago. I'm getting way too fucking old to be on this website.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.