[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did I ever listen to you faggots
This is great
>>
their debut is 6 pussified versions of this and their next album is funeral played by shitty zappa imitators
but yeah, great song
>>
>>110506889
You listened to the wrong faggots, some of us actually like them
>>
>>110506922
Sunglasses is one of the worst songs on the album though and their second album is better than the first
>>
>>110506922
>pussified versions
the LP version of Sunglasses is so much better. no retarded vocal spasms from Isaac cumming his pants at the end of the song
>>
>>110507303
So glad I heard the LP before the single version. Still not sure what everyone is sperging out about. Even my local college radio DJ made a quip about it.
>>
>>110507284
the only good things zappa-core produced were two Henry Cow albums
and lyrically the first album is to twitter as the second is to a netflix show with a minority lead
>>
>>110506889
I figure taking recommendations from /mu/ is fine, but it's pretty retarded if you actually stay away from what people on here tell you to.
>>
File: FQhHpBCXsAcakth.jpg (42 KB, 748x594)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Seeing all the praise their new album has gotten made me wonder if anyone else thinks their debut is still their best work. They were at their best ripping off Slint, the new album just feels like they rid the success of the debut to throw as many "artsy" ideas against the wall as possible and deliver on almost none of them, except like Chaos Space Marine.
>>
>>110507445
>wannabe p4k journalist: the post
>>
>>110506889
Shitty unoriginal music that wouldn’t be possible without help from their daddies
>>
>>110507653
Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)
I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah
>>
Because /mu/ likes to gatekeep all of the bands BC,NR are influenced by. They can't admit they're actually a good band (even though I prefer black midi).
>>
>>110507670
thank you for proving my point. Seriously, this board is the only place on the internet that actually hates this band.
>>
>>110506922
zoomers dont care about zappa
>>
>>110510508
it just saddens me that what most people want from "white" music is this bullshit
>>
>>110507303
>AND BURN WHAT'S LEFT OF ALL THE CARDS YOU HELD
yeah no, it's a limpid compromise that's neither one thing nor another, at least the Queen Elizabeth Hall version entirely ditches the second half for something original to make it its own artist statement, the LP version is just a weaker re-take of the single version with the enthusiasm taken out of it because the band still aren't comfortable in themselves, probably due to being pansy yuppies
AFUT is better than their debut, I can give them that, it's a bit sterile in the production for my tastes but Field Music do a similar sound and it works so I can respect for what they're aiming towards as artists on that one at least, FTFT is just compromised to its core
>>
>>110507607
Right here anon. I've spammed the 2nd LP enough times, but I'll never like it as much as the 1st, which just felt right from the get-go. 2nd one sounds like it's trying to be le epic indie rock magnum opus.
>>
>>110511195
>AND BURN WHAT'S LEFT OF ALL THE CARDS YOU HELD
Why did they get rid of the original line anyway? I'm not versed in BC,NR lore
>>
>>110514528
>AND FUCK ME LIKE YOU MEAN IT THIS TIME ISAAAAAAC

they neutered the song
>>
>>110514528
Isaac seems like the kind of guy who's really embarrassed of himself. Probably why he left the band.
>>
>>110514528
on reddit they say he was writing about a real sexual assault he was on the receiving end of from some girl and tried to make light of it in the singles but later found it too embarrassing / upsetting, but idk how true that is, either way it shows a lack of autership to make an artistic statement and then immediately go back on it, reminds me of LCD Soundsystem's fake-out break-up
>>
>>110516394
Judging from a lot of the band's lyrics, Isaac sounds like he's been through some really abusive relationships, and he's the one being abused. So sad seeing the state of gender dynamics in the zoomer age. I guess Isaac thought it would be more poetic, just like how they neutered the Charli XCX verse from Basketball Shoes to remove the line about having his face to her chest. I hope het gets through it and gains confidence in himself so he wouldn't have to self-censor if he ever thinks about every re-joining the band again. At least he doesn't do this shit with his solo project The Guest. There, he embarrasses himself completely with no remorse.
>>
>>110506889
Any /Science Fair/ chads here?
>>
>>110516912
me
>>
>>110516912
only song on FTFT that feels like it accomplishes what it's aiming for, for me
>>
>>110506922
fpbp the sunglasses original single is the best and only really good thing theyve made.
>>
>>110517430
AF is equally god-tier but it's terrible how quickly they dropped off, I can't think of another band to have such a margin of quality between their pre-debut singles and their debut album, I'm glad bm are shaping up to be living up to the hype with Hellfire, Dangerous Liasons may end up being the best track to come out of this scene since those first two BCNR singles
>>
I'M MORE THAN ADEQUATE
>>
>>110506889
Now what exactly am i looking at here
>>
>>110506889
it was pretty exciting desu when all they had released was this and athens, france
>>
>>110514178
I mean it is a cringe "rock magnum opus" sort of thing but it's actually good.
>>
>BILLIE EILISH'S FAT TITS
>CAME IN MY PANTS THINKING OF CHARLI XCX
he's literally me
>>
>>110518070
Interesting take, even if it's one I disagree with. Athens improved markedly on the debut album.

Hellfire is going to be excellent though.
>>
>>110522113
Def. "Welcome to Hell" is the perfect blend of Schlagenheim and Calvacade. I'm excited.
>>
>>110516394
Isaac bit off more than he could chew; the difference compared to other depressed lyricists is that he's not going to drive himself to suicide over it. That's a more than adequate trade for a few changed lyrics.

>>110516684
Theme from Failure is weirdly good for what is essentially a rant over a simple Ableton backing track.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.